NATION

PASSWORD

The Pub: Highway to the Flavor Zone (P2TM RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How many RPs are you Involved in?

One
32%
Two
14%
Three
18%
Four
8%
Five
6%
Six +
22%

Total votes : 50

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 am

The New Greek Republic wrote:
New Grestin wrote:So, while we're spitballing, I'm just gonna drop this here. See if it trips anyone's trigger.

- Prohibition Era Cops vs. Criminals Noir (P2TM)
- Lovecraft Focused RP (P2TM)
- Paranormal Town RP (P2TM)
- Cold War Espionage RP (P2TM)
- SCP Foundation RP (P2TM)
- Military Occupation RP (P2TM)
- Hotline Miami RP (P2TM)

- Cold War is cold, but never fails. I wouldn't mind.
- SCP please thank you.
- More about Military Occupation RP? Like a Homefront deal or what are we looking at jim?

Yeah, probably should have elaborated on that list more. It was more of a "hey, don't forget this" thing than anything.

Basically, the idea would be that people would choose sides between the Occupying force, rebels, and everyone else. Military tries to quash rebels, rebels terrorize, and everyone else is caught in the middle. Very much Red Dawn and Homefront-y.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:07 am

Beiarusia wrote:
New Grestin wrote:>SNIP<

Paranormal, SCP, and Hotline Miami all sound like good RP's. Supernatural (not the show) things could be fun, as would a Fallout RP but I think one is active right now currently.

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:However, now we have NS Summer on our side.

May start it back up and may need a Co-OP. But should we try again with Eclipse or try the Covenant idea?

I would be interested in being the SCP foundation, or the Occupation.

As for Halo, I wold try Eclipse again and failing that the Covenant idea.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:11 am

We could always use polls when there are too many options.

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:As for Halo, I wold try Eclipse again and failing that the Covenant idea.

My other RP's are kinda slow going so I think I'll bring Eclipse back for one last run. Because I was gonna write this thing anyway I already have everything pretty much laid out.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:11 am

New Grestin wrote:Yeah, probably should have elaborated on that list more. It was more of a "hey, don't forget this" thing than anything.

Basically, the idea would be that people would choose sides between the Occupying force, rebels, and everyone else. Military tries to quash rebels, rebels terrorize, and everyone else is caught in the middle. Very much Red Dawn and Homefront-y.

Aye, always up for rebellion! I'd be in for sure.
Also has anybody else seen the demo for the new Homefront coming out? It made my eyes orgasm guys

While I'm here what about a RP based on Dante's Inferno?
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:14 am

The New Greek Republic wrote:Aye, always up for rebellion! I'd be in for sure.
Also has anybody else seen the demo for the new Homefront coming out? It made my eyes orgasm guys

They're making a sequel? News to me. As for Dante's Inferno I don't know much about it but that wouldn't stop me from looking into something such as that.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:15 am

*raises hand*

can we have a Rimworld RP?
(basically can we have a RP where we ALL work together and protect ourselves from threats.)
Last edited by Deramen on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:16 am

Beiarusia wrote:
The New Greek Republic wrote:Aye, always up for rebellion! I'd be in for sure.

They're making a sequel? News to me. As for Dante's Inferno I don't know much about it but that wouldn't stop me from looking into something such as that.

I'm not sure how much you could get out of Dante's Inferno, but I'd be interested.
Deramen wrote:*raises hand*

can we have a Rimworld RP?
(basically can we have a RP where we ALL work together and protect ourselves from threats?)

A space survival RP would definitely be interesting.

EDIT: Also, kinda surprised at the almost immediate response in the middle of the night.
Last edited by New Grestin on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:19 am

From Who?
Last edited by Deramen on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:21 am

Deramen wrote:From Who?

People in general. I wasn't expecting the immediate deluge of posts from both OUTBREAK comrades and non-OUTBREAK comrades.

Kinda cool, actually.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:23 am

New Grestin wrote:
Deramen wrote:From Who?

People in general. I wasn't expecting the immediate deluge of posts from both OUTBREAK comrades and non-OUTBREAK comrades.

Kinda cool, actually.

Ehh new threads always attract people.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:24 am

Beiarusia wrote:
They're making a sequel? News to me.

It's such an improvement over the first, it's pretty much been in development hell for awhile but gosh it's gameplay at E3 last year was magnificent, especially if you like (or in my case love with the passion of two Suns and a moon) the first.

Beiarusia wrote:As for Dante's Inferno I don't know much about it but that wouldn't stop me from looking into something such as that.

New Grestin wrote:I'm not sure how much you could get out of Dante's Inferno, but I'd be interested.

Well, I was think a group of fallen angels are sent to Hell and must defeat the tribulations of Hell to regain their salvation or something along that lines of such. Really all that would be taken from The Inferno is Hell itself.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:27 am

Beiarusia wrote:
They're making a sequel? News to me.

It's such an improvement over the first, it's pretty much been in development hell for awhile but gosh it's gameplay at E3 last year was magnificent, especially if you like (or in my case love with the passion of two Suns and a moon) the first.

Beiarusia wrote:As for Dante's Inferno I don't know much about it but that wouldn't stop me from looking into something such as that.

New Grestin wrote:I'm not sure how much you could get out of Dante's Inferno, but I'd be interested.

Well, I was think a group of fallen angels are sent to Hell and must defeat the tribulations of Hell to regain their salvation or something along that lines of such. Really all that would be taken from The Inferno is Hell itself.

Even though I wouldn't trust E3 with my car keys, that actually looks kinda cool. Still not sold, but cool.

I could get behind an Inferno RP. Personally, I think I'd want to use a character like Dante, who's more or less just a regular dude. It'd make things almost darkly comedic when heaven and hell are clashing and he's just hiding in a corner.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:28 am

New Grestin wrote:Even though I wouldn't trust E3 with my car keys, that actually looks kinda cool. Still not sold, but cool.

I could get behind an Inferno RP. Personally, I think I'd want to use a character like Dante, who's more or less just a regular dude. It'd make things almost darkly comedic when heaven and hell are clashing and he's just hiding in a corner.

Regular characters thrown into impossible situations is always good fun.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:30 am

New Grestin wrote:

Even though I wouldn't trust E3 with my car keys, that actually looks kinda cool. Still not sold, but cool.

Ehh im not a fan of Heaven and Hell fighting...it's not my thing.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:32 am

Deramen wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Even though I wouldn't trust E3 with my car keys, that actually looks kinda cool. Still not sold, but cool.

Ehh im not a fan of Heaven and Hell fighting...it's not my thing.

Doesn't have to be. Got plenty of other RP ideas that I'm stewing over that you might enjoy.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:33 am

New Grestin wrote:
Deramen wrote:Ehh im not a fan of Heaven and Hell fighting...it's not my thing.

Doesn't have to be. Got plenty of other RP ideas that I'm stewing over that you might enjoy.

I know im saying if it gets chosen i might not do it.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:33 am

Not everyone here has to be on-board with every RP. Though I'll at least glance at every RP that doesn't mean I'll participate in every single one (for various reasons). Plus there will most likely be multiple RP's going on at any given time once we grow. The Pub simply get's them out there with a potential initial stock of players as well as being a place for discussion. Opinions are also great for fine tuning an RP as well.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:37 am

Beiarusia wrote:

Not everyone here has to be on-board with every RP. Though I'll at least glance at every RP that doesn't mean I'll participate in every single one (for various reasons). Plus there will most likely be multiple RP's going on at any given time once we grow. The Pub simply get's them out there with a potential initial stock of players as well as being a place for discussion. Opinions are also great for fine tuning an RP as well.

I'm thinking a poll for the next official RP might not be a bad idea. I'll get cracking on it once I'm finished with some OUTBREAK related stuff.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:41 am

New Grestin wrote:

Isn't there like a hole in Siberia or something suppose to be the gate to Hell or something? We could just be scientists on a research team who are sent into the hole for an investigation and it turns out to actually be the gate to hell, and the only way through, of course, is to trek through Hell itself.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:43 am

New Grestin wrote:

Isn't there like a hole in Siberia or something suppose to be the gate to Hell or something? We could just be scientists on a research team who are sent into the hole for an investigation and it turns out to actually be the gate to hell, and the only way through, of course, is to trek through Hell itself.

theres a hole in Kazakhstan that has burning oil and its called the gate the hell or something.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:43 am

New Grestin wrote:

I like it. It's definitely up there for me with the Cthulhu idea.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:44 am

The New Greek Republic wrote:Isn't there like a hole in Siberia or something suppose to be the gate to Hell or something? We could just be scientists on a research team who are sent into the hole for an investigation and it turns out to actually be the gate to hell, and the only way through, of course, is to trek through Hell itself.

It's just a burning pit but I like that idea. Accidentally stumbling into something much, much worse and having to journey through to get out alive!

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:48 am

Deramen wrote:theres a hole in Kazakhstan that has burning oil and its called the gate the hell or something.
I knew it was somewhere like that, nonetheless, we could be scientists trying to find a way to stop the hole from burning or something of that nature.

New Grestin wrote:I like it. It's definitely up there for me with the Cthulhu idea.

I've been wanting to do something like The Inferno for awhile, first actual thought put into it :p
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:09 am

Hiiii.... I want to join....
Nation Name: Charlia
Interests: Japan. Penguins. Doctor Who. Cats. Drama. Writing. Reading. Law. This is going to go on forever, so I'm stopping NOW.
Preferred genres: Oh, I like horror, and sci-fi. Fantasy's good too. Um... survival is okay... I'm not a huge fan of the ones with all the stats though. Too much to keep track of.
Activity level (frequency of posts): Severely high. I am in P2TM for hours. Hours and hours. I have no life, LOL. So yeah.
Roleplay Experience (Please provide links): ... http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=344855 http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=342407 http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=312474 [url][/url] There are more, but I'm stopping now.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013

Postby Alouite » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:42 am

Fallout Video of the Day for any of those who've never seen it before.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse