NATION

PASSWORD

[IC] [TWI-Only] League of TWI (Out of Assembly)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The League of TWI
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2015
Father Knows Best State

[IC] [TWI-Only] League of TWI (Out of Assembly)

Postby The League of TWI » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:50 pm

The League of The Western Isles
Discussion outside of the Assembly

Learn More | Resolutions | Assembly Thread | International Court of Justice | The Second Charter

The Out of Session thread for the League of The Western Isles is where the quiet, sideline meetings and encounters can occur. Deals are made, discussions are had and coffee is consumed in this thread - you can RP pretty much any interaction and activity between delegates within the International District here - whether that be persuading with other nations, working through the League to contact nations you don't have embassies with or any other form of diplomatic or political act. There is also an option to explore the city in this thread.
Last edited by The League of TWI on Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:58 pm

When Grace stepped out of the Assembly Chamber into the crisp afternoon air, she took out her phone and texted a message.

To: Violette Louisette delegate

Violette Louisette, would you like to meet me for dinner? I would meet you in the Palace of Nation's Courtyard
Last edited by Dashgrinaar on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dashgrinaar
Proud Member of The Western Isles
Speaker Pro Tempore and Senator Emeritus
Vice President of The Western Isles

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Alex waited out side the assembly hall for Coralie
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Secretary General Coralie Jauffret walked out of her office in the Palace of Nations. She'd just finished a long day of chairing the Assembly, and was looking forward to tonight. She was supposed to be having a date with Alex, the representative of Polar Svalbard. He'd been pursuing her for some time, and she had finally relented.

She checked her watch, it was 7:30pm. She saw him waiting outside the building.

"How about 8:30 at Sartina? I'll meet you there." she said.

The restaurant had quickly become one of her favorites in the ID. It combined authentic and traditional Mexican food with modern styles and techniques.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Alex gave her a smile, "Sounds wonderful, what types of food am I to expect there?"
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

The Pacific Peace Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacific Peace Union » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Violette Louisette arrived by the PPU's Private Presidential Jet. The Pacific Peace Union just got accepted into the League so when Violette stepped off the jet she had no idea where to go. She was 5'8, her eyes were dark blue like the ocean after a storm, her hair was light brown and her lips were a soft pink color due to her lipstick. She had been pretending to be the presidents friend for years, pretending to laugh at her jokes, going on expensive shopping trips with her. She couldn't stand president Antoinette, no one could. However she knew because of how nice she had been that the president could not turn her down when she asked to represent the PPU in the League. Many other candidates were angered and her choosing since she was so young; a mere 24.
♔ Secretary of Information, AKA the Honorable Information God of The Western Isles
Winner of The Western Isles' Presidential Award
Former Justice of The Western Isles
✮ Child of Monsanto ✮
♦ I'm With Hillary ♦

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Alex gave her a smile, "Sounds wonderful, what types of food am I to expect there?"

"Traditional Mexican cuisine." she said, before walking away to get a taxi.

She spent some time changing and getting ready at her apartment before the date. She decided to wear the same little black dress she'd worn at the Sautero Conference, Sartinan was upscale anyway. She left her apartment at the right time, ran into a few red lights, and arrived at Sartina at 8:03.

She got out of the taxi and looked around for Alex.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:47 pm

Alex had left for his hotel. He put on his best Tuxedo, a sharp black and white one with a red tie. He put on his sunglasses and got into the Supercar he had brought along with him. Before leaving though a good shower occured, and healthy amount of toothpaste was used. He drove towards the resturant arriving at 7:58 and waited by the door for Coralie. Upon her arrival he walked up to her, offered her his arm and went, "Hello Coralie, how are you on this beautiful night. I myself am excited to eat next to someone more beautiful than the morning sky."

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:11 pm

Coralie laughed aloud as she took Alex's arm. "Smooth talk, as usual." she said, with mock disapproval.

They walked into the restaurant, and were greeted by the hostess. She knew the Secretary General by now, and quickly had them at her favorite table. It was next to a window, offering a view of the street. One could see pedestrians and cars pass, as the night settled in.

The waiter came over, and took their drink orders. She asked for a white wine for herself. As the waiter left to get their drinks, she turned back to Alex.

"How're you enjoying your new post Alex?" she asked.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:36 pm

"Well, Its kinda the same. I've been the only delegate whose been at the ID usually. I basically live here. It does have the benefit of looking at you all day. Also shouting out Aye at the top of my lungs. I like that. Hows being the Secretary General doing for you?"

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 pm

She chuckled at his jokes. "I live here too now, as I'm sure you've surmised. I love it here, the weather's much cooler than Tuernia,the culture's different, it's a nice change of pace. Being Secretary General is a dream post, I've always wanted something like this. Not to mention the first Secretary General ever! It's a honor, even if it's a challenge."

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:45 pm

"pfff, like you have to do stuff. I have to sit with the riff raff and argue while you sit up there with a gavel." Alex smiled as he said this

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:"pfff, like you have to do stuff. I have to sit with the riff raff and argue while you sit up there with a gavel." Alex smiled as he said this

"You haven't met my staff." she said, with a laugh. "Or rather, the unorganized mess that serves for the secretariat at this point."

At this moment the waiter returned for their entree orders.

"I'll have the Huachinango a la Veracruzana." said Coralie. "I highly recommend it Alex. It's to die for."

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:51 pm

"Well then, as the lovely lady has said, I think I shall have the Huachinango a la Veracruzana. Also a refill of Svalbardian Champagne, my good sir."

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:59 pm

About 25 minutes passed. Alex and Coralie enjoyed some more conversation. Coralie was carefree, and her sparkling laughter frequently lit up the room. Alex was suave, genuine, and funny, and kept her interested and entertained. He proved to be much deeper than she had thought, as their conversation got more philosophical and personal.

Soon, the waiter returned with their dinners. The Huachinango a la Veracruzana was perfect, as always at Sartina. The filets of red snapper were perfectly cooked, and the sauce of lime juice, onions, garlic, tomato, jalapenos, olives and herbs was delicious. The side of roasted red potatoes and Mexican white rice complemented the fish perfectly.

"Simply divine," said Coralie, as she finished eating. "now you know why I love this place."

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 pm

"You were correct! I think this fine returant as earned alot of my money, for lets see, the rest of my life. Where did you find this place?"

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 am

"Ha!" laughed Coralie. "Surely a diplomat of your rank makes plenty of money." she said.

"And there is nothing in life worth spending money on as much as good wine and good food. I suppose that's my inner Tuernian coming out." she added.

"I was introduced to this place by some of my staff who were born here, I think you always have to get the natives of a place to show you around, if you really want to experience it."

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:48 am

"If you want to experience something, I hear that Dolphins are seen this time of year in the bay. Dolphins are magnificent creatures, better than sharks anyways."

Dutchland-UK-Prussia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dutchland-UK-Prussia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:46 am

Walther stepped off the train.

It had been a long process to get to the I.D. Indeed, the standing rep. of the RSFS was actually just the only diplomat within 100 miles.

Walther however, was going to do things professionally. Not the "Mueller Way" as had been shouted in the Assembly Hall in Berlin.

Mueller had nearly caused a damn crisis, and he wasn't going to do that.

And now, he was in the I.D. It was time to start working.
1 (Nuclear war)
2 (Total war)
3 (Major war)
4 (Minor war)
5 (Conflict)
6 (Peace) <---
None.

Dree wrote:Perhaps the fat man from the north pole and his vertically challenged cronies are behind such an assassination attempt. But truthfully my spy networks have heard nothing.

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:47 am

Polar Svalbard wrote:"If you want to experience something, I hear that Dolphins are seen this time of year in the bay. Dolphins are magnificent creatures, better than sharks anyways."

"Really? I'd like to see that." said Coralie, as the waiter brought the check. She whipped out her card before Alex had time to object.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:31 pm

"You didn't need to do that, I would have paid. Thank you. Would you like to ride with me?"

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:36 am

Coralie and Alex shared a taxi down to the wharf, and sat on a bench near the sea. The sun was setting, turning the sky beautiful shades of red and orange. They waited for some time, but unfortunately never saw any dolphins. They weren't really interested in them anyway, they were still talking, snuggled together on the bench.

Later, they shared another taxi back to Coralie's apartment. They stood around for a bit outside, still talking, neither really wanting to say goodbye. At that moment, an unexpected downpour began. They laughed and ran inside, but not before getting soaked while Coralie fumbled with the keys.

Now thoroughly drowned, Coralie invited Alex to dry off and have a nightcap. They spent the night together, and Alex left early next morning to get ready for a day of work in the Assembly.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:05 pm

After Grace walked out of the Assembly Hall, she took out her phone and texted the Secretary-General

TO: Coraline Jauffret

Coraline, would you like to go out to dinner tonight? We can go do other stuff afterwards, have like a girls night out.

<3 Grace
Dashgrinaar

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Alex walked down towards the in-building restaurant. He sat down and looked at the menu, waiting for the waiter to arrive.

SMI-2 agent Gary Laknia, was in a waiter's outfit. His blonde hair spiked and he had glasses over his ice blue eyes. He was a tall, lean man, at 6'1. He walked over to where Alex was sitting and took his order. It was a ale and some lasagna. He went to where the drink station was filling the mug with ale. He secretly placed some cyanide into the ale. Enough of it was in there to kill Alex in minutes. He walked back to the table, where Alex sat, and gave him the drink. He walked away, through the doors to the kitchen. He went outside through the back doors, and picked up the camera jamming device, before leaving in his car. Alex would learn what his mouth could cause.

Alex began to drink the ale. In seconds he was foaming, and convulsing. He was on the ground and the atendants were around him. He died a scant 2 minutes later, on the floor of the resturant.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Graces phone buzzed, a few minutes after she texted Coraline.

Ugh, stupid international news, what is it this time?

What she saw almost made her fall into the fountain behind her. Thoughts were running wild in her head

Alex dead? A new delegate? Why did this have to happen now? Coraline would probably be really sad. She decided to text the new delegate, and invite her to the night out

To Stephanie Rocknez:

Hello, Ms. Rocknez,

I am Grace Empyr, delegate of Dashgrinaar, to the League. I would like to invite you to dinner tonight. The Secretary General of the League might be coming, so you could meet her too.

-Grace Empyr
Dashgrinaar

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents