NATION

PASSWORD

[IC] [TWI-Only] The League of TWI (Assembly)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Lithuanian Commonwealth
Envoy

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:24 pm

Oslvadas stood up, "The Kamieniec Seperatists are based in the Warta province, the border province between Lithuania and Kamieniec. They began as a politician movement that campaigned for the reunification of Lithuania and Kamieniec under Kamieniec's King. Within the recent years, KPS has become more militant and where behind ur bomb scare at Verkai Palace, the residence of the Grand King. They have began recruiting in the forests. If left unchecked, a civil war will break out. I ask the members of the League, to send peacekeeping forces into the Warta province to help the Lithuanian Armed Forces to keep the peace in Warta."

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:02 am

"Mr. Oslvadas, thank you for describing the current situation with the Kamieniec Separatists. Dashgrinaar will provide peacekeeping forces to the Warta province. If I may ask, are the Kamieniec Separatists are based wholly in Lithuania, and have no support of the Kamieniec government?" said Grace
Dashgrinaar
Proud Member of The Western Isles
Speaker Pro Tempore and Senator Emeritus
Vice President of The Western Isles

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:50 am

Dashgrinaar wrote:"Mr. Oslvadas, thank you for describing the current situation with the Kamieniec Separatists. Dashgrinaar will provide peacekeeping forces to the Warta province. If I may ask, are the Kamieniec Separatists are based wholly in Lithuania, and have no support of the Kamieniec government?" said Grace

"At this moment in time, my government believes that the KPS is funded by Kamieniec. When we asked Kamieniec's government about the Woka Incident, they released a statement very similar to the note left behind by the KPS."

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:30 am

The Lithuanian Commonwealth wrote:
Dashgrinaar wrote:"Mr. Oslvadas, thank you for describing the current situation with the Kamieniec Separatists. Dashgrinaar will provide peacekeeping forces to the Warta province. If I may ask, are the Kamieniec Separatists are based wholly in Lithuania, and have no support of the Kamieniec government?" said Grace

"At this moment in time, my government believes that the KPS is funded by Kamieniec. When we asked Kamieniec's government about the Woka Incident, they released a statement very similar to the note left behind by the KPS."

"Then I believe the best thing to do at this time will be to:
1. Provide peacekeeping forces and aid to Lithuania, and
2. To investigate any evidence that the KPS is being funded by Kamieniec.

If it is possible, could you please provide us the government's statement and the KPS's ?"
Dashgrinaar

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:43 am

"Yes I have the transcripts right here." Oslvadas pulls out two pieces of paper. "The first one is the note from the KPS.
'Congrats on the wedding and congrats to holding onto Lithuania for so long. Enjoy being Grand Duke for now, for it will not last much longer'."

"This is the statement for Kamieniec's government,
'Did you enjoy our gift? I had it made especially for you and your sham of a royal wedding.
Did you not love the handwritten note? Written with the blood of Kamieniec Podolskians you killed?
When we fled your lands, not all of us left. Watch your back'."

Tuernia
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:47 am

"I think these separatists are clearly supported by Kamieniec Podolski. That country presents a clear and present danger to Lithuania, and therefore I think this peacekeeping mission is an excellent idea. It would help a member nation deal with terrorists, and act as a deterrent to Kamieniec aggression." said Garnier.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:50 am

Tuernia wrote:"I think these separatists are clearly supported by Kamieniec Podolski. That country presents a clear and present danger to Lithuania, and therefore I think this peacekeeping mission is an excellent idea. It would help a member nation deal with terrorists, and act as a deterrent to Kamieniec aggression." said Garnier.

I agree with Mr. Garnier. The evidence points to Kamieniec Podolski. I move that we vote on the authorization of the peacekeeping mission
Last edited by Dashgrinaar on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dashgrinaar

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:11 am

Resolution #1 - KPS Rebellion

Realizing that as of recently the KPS, a rebellion in Lithuania, has resorted to the use of terrorism;
Concerned that a Civil war may breakout if left unchecked;
Regretting the allegattions of KPS support from Kamnied Podoski;

1. Hereby condemns the KPS rebellion for uses of terrorist methods,

2. Hereby condemns those who support the KPS rebellion,

3. Sets up a committee to investigate allegations of KPS support from Kamniec Podoski,
a) this committee will be headed by three nations who have no connections to Lithuania or Kamniec,

4. Sends 500 peacekeeping forces to the border of Lithuania and Kamniec Podoski.
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:22 am

"May I suggest some stylistic changes? And I would suggest not mandating the size of the force, allowing each nation to contribute as they wish, and establishing who will command the force. Otherwise I very much support the resolution."

Resolution 2: KPS Rebellion
The Assembly of the League of the Western Isles

The Assembly,

Realizing that as of recently the KPS, a rebellion in Lithuania, has resorted to the use of terrorism;

Regretting the allegations of KPS support from Kamnied Podoski;

Therefore;

3. Sets up a committee to investigate allegations of KPS support from Kamieniec Podoski,
a) this committee will be headed by three nations who have no connections to Lithuania or Kamieniec,
4. Authorizes the creation of a peacekeeping force, composed of forces from willing member nations, to be sent to the Warta Province.
5. The force shall be under the command of the nation contributing the most troops.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:23 am

Tuernia wrote:"May I suggest some stylistic changes? And I would suggest not mandating the size of the force, allowing each nation to contribute as they wish, and establishing who will command the force. Otherwise I very much support the resolution."

The Assembly,

Therefore;

3. Sets up a committee to investigate allegations of KPS support from Kamieniec Podoski,
a) this committee will be headed by three nations who have no connections to Lithuania or Kamieniec,
4. Authorizes the creation of a peacekeeping force, composed of forces from willing member nations, to be sent to the Warta Province.
5. The force shall be under the command of the nation contributing the most troops.

"I fully support your changes to the resolution."
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:26 am

I move that we vote on Resolution 2: KPS Rebellion
Last edited by Dashgrinaar on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dashgrinaar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:28 am

Dashgrinaar wrote:I move that we vote on Resolution 2

"I second the motion."

OOC: We need three seconds to go to vote, so we need two more.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:29 am

"I obviously second, the resolution me and you crafted."

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:33 am

The Assembly,

Realizing that as of recently the KPS, a militant group in Lithuania, has resorted to the use of terrorism;

Therefore;

This peacekeeping forces will leave the country when the government of Lithuania says so, correct ? We need to make sure that countries keep their independence and can expel peacekeeping forces after the conflict is over.
Last edited by The Lithuanian Commonwealth on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Linaviar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Linaviar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 am

The Lithuanian Commonwealth wrote:

The Assembly,

Realizing that as of recently the KPS, a militant group in Lithuania, has resorted to the use of terrorism;

Therefore;

This peacekeeping forces will leave the country when the government of Lithuania says so, correct ? We need to make sure that countries keep their independence and can expel peacekeeping forces after the conflict is over.

Kinoosak spoke up. "This is a valid concern, and one that I feel needs to be addressed in the text before moving the legislation to a vote. Perhaps the addition of an expulsion clause or having the force be under the command of the Lithuanian government would fix this?"
It's Linavian, not Linaviarian
Former Chief Justice and Proud Member of The Western Isles

Some fitting quotes...
"Despite being the flag master, you have an avant-garde TV test pattern hanging off every pole in the realm." - Miklania
"the lin-guist appears" - Ainslie

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:01 am

Linaviar wrote:Kinoosak spoke up. "This is a valid concern, and one that I feel needs to be addressed in the text before moving the legislation to a vote. Perhaps the addition of an expulsion clause or having the force be under the command of the Lithuanian government would fix this?"

"Tuernia would support either of these solutions."

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:07 am

Then I propose these changes to Resolution 2 (italicized and bolded)

The Assembly,

Therefore;

a) the force will under the leadership of Lithuania
    b) The force will leave when Lithuania directs them to, or if withdrawn early, at the discretion of the nation withdrawing the aid.
Dashgrinaar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:13 am

"I second the version proposed by the honorable delegate from Dashgrinaar."

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:21 am

Dashgrinaar wrote:Then I propose these changes to Resolution 2 (italicized and bolded)

The Assembly,

Therefore;

a) the force will under the leadership of Lithuania
    b) The force will leave when Lithuania directs them to, or if withdrawn early, at the discretion of the nation withdrawing the aid.

seconded

Verdon
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Verdon » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:04 am

I'm concerned at the rapidity of which the league is moving on this subject.

As far as I can see, the Lithuanian Commonwealth is responsible for this problem that they themselves have created. Instead of looking for a unanimous solution during your civil war, You decided to cleave your country in half, with what seems to be little concern for geographic locations of cultural and political groups. Your two nations' separation caused the displacement of millions of families, and is the root of the Cossack Guerilla faction struggle in Kamieniec Podolski.

Why should the league risk the lives of peace-keeping forces to safeguard you from your own political mistakes?

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:51 am

Verdon wrote:I'm concerned at the rapidity of which the league is moving on this subject.

As far as I can see, the Lithuanian Commonwealth is responsible for this problem that they themselves have created. Instead of looking for a unanimous solution during your civil war, You decided to cleave your country in half, with what seems to be little concern for geographic locations of cultural and political groups. Your two nations' separation caused the displacement of millions of families, and is the root of the Cossack Guerilla faction struggle in Kamieniec Podolski.

Why should the league risk the lives of peace-keeping forces to safeguard you from your own political mistakes?

"My good sir, I see the point at which you are arguing quite clearly, but I must ask you, should we really deny Lithuania aid because of a mistake it made in the past? As I see it, another civil war may have broken out because of the disagreement. The two parties settled on something that would prevent another civil war, the next best option.," said Grace, "Anyway, if you do not want to risk the lives of your forces, you are not obligated to send them"
Dashgrinaar

Verdon
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Verdon » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:17 am

Dashgrinaar wrote:"My good sir, I see the point at which you are arguing quite clearly, but I must ask you, should we really deny Lithuania aid because of a mistake it made in the past? As I see it, another civil war may have broken out because of the disagreement. The two parties settled on something that would prevent another civil war, the next best option.," said Grace, "Anyway, if you do not want to risk the lives of your forces, you are not obligated to send them"

"Sins of the Father."

"Does the KPS seek to dissolve the Lithuanian Government? Would they be satisfied by a secession referendum? Has anyone asked?"

"Verdon is a nation born from a separation war. We know full well that it is within the rights of man to choose his government. If no other government is willing, Verdon seeks to contact the KPS to clarify their goals and any potential for peaceful agreement."

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:20 am

"Tuernia's primary concern is the threat of Kamieniec to Lithuania's territorial integrity and sovereignty. We believe there's a clear danger to both of these, and that the League has a duty to protect its members."

Dutchland-UK-Prussia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dutchland-UK-Prussia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:24 am

"We reject this resolution. We should not mindlessly stop those who want independence."
1 (Nuclear war)
2 (Total war)
3 (Major war)
4 (Minor war)
5 (Conflict)
6 (Peace) <---
None.

Dree wrote:Perhaps the fat man from the north pole and his vertically challenged cronies are behind such an assassination attempt. But truthfully my spy networks have heard nothing.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:29 am

"I couldn't have said it any better Mrs. Grace. I cannot personally speak for my predecessors, but Kamieniec also had a hand on the civil war. If you feel this would be a waste of time and you would not want your men dying, I can respect your opinion . But I will not sit idly by and watch my country be destroyed by a civil war every 5 years."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents