NATION

PASSWORD

Yafran 2016 [IESP RP IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Yafran 2016 [IESP RP IC]

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:03 am

IESP RP 2016
Yafran, KwaDai

Welcome to Yafran
Yafran is located on KwaDai's tropical north eastern coast in a fertile irrigated plain dominated by endless green fields of rice plantations divided by date palm farms and citrus fruit plantations. 50km south of the city the irrigated farmland ends and the desert begins. It is the start of the Great KwaDaian Desert and enormous expanse of sand stretching deep into the heart of the country. Yafran is only two hours south west of KwaDai's second largest city, Benghazi. Yafran itself is KwaDai's third largest city with a lively population of approximately 6.8 million none of whom are even remotely close to the poverty line or homeless. The cities romantic draw stems not only from its myriad of modern skyscrapers but also from its picturesque canals, narrow streets of shops and white sandy beaches stretching the entire coastline of the city.

About the RP
First of all, Welcome to Yafran! This role-play is made for members of the International Exchange Student Program. If you are a member of the IESP, welcome! Make yourself at home, and post an app/character overview in the OOC/Discussion thread to begin! If you are not a member and are interested in this RP, we invite you to join us! As soon as you are accepted, just post an app and begin the roleplaying fun!
- This Roleplay will involve a student/students from your nation travelling to another to learn and experience school, life and society in a different country, in this case that of KwaDai.
- They will be attending the Imperial School of Yafran in the city of Yafran along with other foreign students and KwaDaian students.

Regardless, welcome to the United Arab Emirates of KwaDai, and to the IESP 2016 RP!

1. Main Entrance
2. West Wing, Main Building
3. Atrium, Main Building
4. East Wing, Main Building
5. Library, Al Qasr Quarter
6. Theatre Area, Al Qasr Quarter
7. Kabeer Café, Al Qasr Quarter
8. Najbah Villas
9. Qatif Villas
10. Jebel Ali Villas
11. Tennis and Badminton Courts
12. Jazeera Villas
13. Dar al Maysaf Beach Villas
14. Swimming Pool
15. Umm Salal Beach Villas
16. Al Qasr Lake and Canals
17. Al Qasr Beach
18. Khor al Maqtah Beach
19. Muzoon Wooded Park
20. Sport Complex
21. Malikiya Recreational Zone

Important Links
Signups and Discussion Thread
Main IESP Thread
All About Yafran
Last edited by Kwadai on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:36 am

WELCOME TO YAFRAN!

WHAT IS THE IESP?

The International Exchange Student Program, or IESP for short, is an international alliance of schools, countries, and regions devoted to furthering the education of their young men and women. We strive to promote learning and peace through immersing students in our program in the cultures, customs, and languages of nations around the world. We are completely non-profit, and operate completely off of grants and donations to our cause.

HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?

If you are not a member of this program, we invite you to join us and the cause we work for. Simply visit the IESP's main page, located here, and fill out the provided application form. We would love to have you and your students participate in our wonderful programs. If you would like to participate in this role-play, simply apply to the IESP and, when you are accepted, place your student applications in this thread. It's simple, and we would love to have you join us!
Last edited by The Nation of Ceneria on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:59 am

Yafran International Airport

Yafran International Airport, Yafran 12:10
A layer of haze shrouded the horizon over the skyline of Central Yafran which could be seen as a blur in the distance from the control tower at Yafran International Airport. The runways and terminals were busier than usual for this time of the day. Most flights tended to arrive during the night rather than during the day. Air conditioning had been heightened throughout Concourse D which could be seen to the right of the control tower. The concourse was connected to terminal four via a long underground walkway beneath the runways. The entire airport was an architectural masterpiece just the walkway between concourse d and terminal four cost millions to build and design. It had white marble flooring and polished black walls with a mirror as the ceiling reflecting the floor. Then the actual terminal was built in the shape of small waves and was largely made up of solar panels, in the inside the marble floor continued throughout the three floors the upper two being designated to shops and restaurants. Another notable feature of terminal four's interior was the usage of glass which was widespread. Directly inside the front entrance was a large foyer area with a fountain made from crystal.

Within the next hour or so was when most of the exchange students from around the world were set to arrive in KwaDai which had been chosen as this years host for the International Exchange Student Program. Yafran was just about the best city to have been chosen due to its high quality standard of life and education system, world class entertainment and complete safety. The students would be travelling twenty five minutes from the airport to attend the prestigious Imperial School of Yafran which had pre arranged with the airport authorities to designate one of their many lounges as a meeting point for the students once they had arrived. Once all students had arrived they would be brought to the school by some of the school's buses.

The Imperial School of Yafran had selected four of its students who had volunteered to act as "guides" for the new exchange students they were, Tareq al Nahyan, Sari al Basrawi, Omar al Reyami and Emily Sauvaterre who at the moment were on their way through the airport to the lounge area to wait for the new students. KwaDai was in the midst of a particularly hot spell with the outside temperature being a scorching 49°c. Tareq sighed of relief as the cool air of the air conditioned airport washed over them, even as KwaDaians who were used to very hot weather this current heat was not an every day occurrence usually 40 - 44°c would be normal for this time of year. After they took a seat in the lounge Omar asked the others, "How do you think these new students will fare here?". "Well put it this way...I feel really sorry for the ones from a cold climate!", Emily laughed. Both Emily and Omar were not wearing the traditional Arabic clothing where as Tareq was dressed in the crisp white kandura and the white ghutra scarf covered his head. Sari was wearing the black abaya with her hijab headscarf done smartly in the local shayla style. The contrast gave a good example of the different cultures in the country. "The culture shock will be huge too, especially to those from less well off countries..KwaDai's wealth might be a little overwhelming at first..", Tareq said quietly. As the four continued to chat the first of the new exchange students began to arrive...
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:03 am

Reijas Sarsi

The plane that had taken him to this new land that would soon serve as his nation away from home had been treated poorly by turbulence. He had taken in worst than most at first, due mostly to the fact he had never been on a plane. They had been forced to make an emergency landing and board a new plane, and even this one did not find an easy path to Kwai. A coastal storm impeded progress and was a right pain in the ass, though he was lucky enough to not have his plane forced down again. He had quickly collected his luggage, dealt with a few looks, and met the school employee tasked with picking him up.

He was excited to see this land. He had seen in the pictures in his textbooks of a few splendid looking hotels that spoke in passing of exquisite grandeur but it was always in passing. The Grand Theocracy was focused inward and while it was respectful of other cultures, it nevertheless paid little attention to them and it paid even less attention to the trappings of wealth. It had a job to do and it wasn't culturally thrilling in nature. So getting to see KwaiDai was exciting. It reminded him in some ways of the previous Islamic state he had visited, but only in small ways. The drive over would give him a glimpse of the fine architecture and he was excited to sketch it, especially Infinity Towers as best during the drive. Even in the rudimentary sketchings with the Towers half-glimpsed for a short time by the unremarkable artist on the way to the dorms, the beauty should stand out.

Reijas was excited for a second year of international schooling. The first had gone well but had to be cut short due to the presence of slavers, which the Theocracy had a zero tolerance policy for. He had returned with the understanding that there were no slavers and was pleased to have the opportunity to try out a new education in a new land. It would likely be his last opportunity, too- next year his conscription would start and he was already operating at a deficit in terms of military and weapons training.

He sat in the airport lounge and took a deep breath, relaxed and joyfully going over what he had brought. Two suitcases were all he had needed so the journey up wasn't a hassle, choosing what was vital rather than important. He opened one suitcase and checkedhis Scripture and religious symbology, notepad, and a few small other Marshite necessities and closed the suitcase. The rest of the suitcase, as well as the next, were the school uniforms, stockings, and shoes he was expected to wear. Seven pairs of uniforms, stockings, shoes, three scriptures, one festival outfit and he was ready. Finishing with his drawing, he relaxed and read his scripture. He saw the guides and nodded politely at them, awaiting what he assumed was going to be a group expedition back to the dormitories.
Last edited by Holy Marsh on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:22 am

Mark

The flight had just grounded from Ýærdínbörg International to the airport here in Yafran. I can say that the flight was well worth it since few people took the plane ride out here so the small DC-9 jetliner wasn't all that full so we had time to stretch and even walk around at our leisure to avoid the symptoms of sitting down for the 9 hour two stop flight. But like I said it was well worth it and I had little issue with it although I doubt Ása was as enthusiastic as I was about it.

I had dressed up in a fairly comfy but admittedly tacky style wearing a pair of faded reddish pink above knee shorts and a blue and white Kariyushi shirt whith a white T-shirt underneath. I had on a pair of black and white slip-on shoes with ankle socks. I knew from some of the looks I got around the airport I could tell they thought I looked like a Jackson Pollack painting but fuck it I was comfortable and that's all that mattered.

"Looks fun doesnt it?" I said turning to Ása who looked fairly uninterested in the whole situation although that could be from the jet lag.

"Yeah I guess" she said with a yawn at the end. Knowing her as well as I did I knew she was tierd from the flight so chose not to bother her to much. She went on her way to the bathroom while I made my way to luggage claim carrying my carry on which was little more than a little stack bar for myself. Arrive at the luggag claim I waited a good twenty five minutes before I got both mine and Ása's luggage with her having a full suitcase worth of cloths and hygenic supplies and myself also having a hard shell suitcases full of tightly packed and well folded cloths plus a guitar case which held my Epiphone seven string guitar. I then waited for Ása to show up and then make our way to the new school.

Ása
God damn that fight was long I though to myself walking out of the terminal with nothing but a black v-neck and baggy gray sweatpants on plus the backpack I had as my carry on. My hair was done up in a bun and I had no makeup on what so ever letting my pale skin show through. I was in the plane with my friend Mark whom I've gone to school with for awhile, he was a goofy kid who just had to keep eking me up on the plane but regardless I loved the the little bitch... Well loved him in the way a brother and sister would love one another, purely plutonic in nature.

"Looks fun doesn'tit?" I heard Mark inquire as we walked through the airport. I really wasn't in the mood to go into how fun this would so I gave a pretty straight forward answe of "yeah I guess" and defused the conversation at that point. I then made my way to the bathroom having Mark pick up the luggage like we planed back home. When I got in I made my way to the first open stall and closed it shut taking off my backpack and opening it up befor stripping down to my undergarments. I put my black shirt and sweatpants into my backpack and pulled out a pair of black leggings and a white blouse that while loose still hugged my to my body in a faltering way. I quickly got myself redressed putting on a pair of black and white slip-on shoes same as Mark had and I made my way out of the stall and quickly applying some make up to my face. Nothing serious just enough the flush up my face a bit I never liked using to much makeup anyway so this was perfect. Making my way out of the bathroom I made a B-line for baggage claim where I immediatly found Mark.

"Thanks for grabbing my stuff for me." I told he taking my fairly heavy luggage and making our way to the lounge where we would wait for our ride to the school.

"No problem." He responded as we walked through the airport halls seeing the locals and internationals as they passed us by. We finished our trip in the airport lounge where me and mark took our seats next to what looked like a girl although for some reason she gave me a fairly odd feeling but I ignored outright trying to not ruin my mood by creeping myself out over what was probably nothing.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 am

"Hello there!", Sari called out walking over to the first arrivals followed closely by Omar, Emily and Tareq. "Asalamu Alaykum and welcome to Yafran", Omar welcomed Reijas, Mark and Ása. "I am Omar and these are my friends Tareq, Sari and Emily", he introduced himself and the others. "I trust your flights were alright?", Tareq asked them.
"We will have to wait a little while for everyone else to arrive then we can leave for the school. We've organised a bus. It's not a long journey. About twenty five minutes and you'll get to see the skyline and the shopping districts so it should be enjoyable for you".
Last edited by Kwadai on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:34 am

Reijas Sarsi

It wasn't long before others arrived, much to Reijas' joy. He believed he remembered one from last time but the other one, a girl, was new. They sat down next to him and he nodded politely, returning to his scripture briefly. This interlude was proven short lived as the student guides from the school soon made their move, pulling within speaking distance of Reijas and breaking the ice. They were friendly, of that Reijas had no doubt- so far the majority of Islamic peoples he had spoken with were cordial and wonderful. In accordance with the new arrivals it was all a good and welcoming..welcome...to the Yafrani system. Reijas smiled. “My flight was fine. Slight turbulence but nothing too unnerving. My name is Reijas Sarsi of the Grand Theocracy. It is a pleasure to meet you, all of you.”
Last edited by Holy Marsh on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:51 am

KwaDai wrote:"Hello there!", Sari called out walking over to the first arrivals followed closely by Omar, Emily and Tareq. "Asalamu Alaykum and welcome to Yafran", Omar welcomed Reijas, Mark and Ása. "I am Omar and these are my friends Tareq, Sari and Emily", he introduced himself and the others. "I trust your flights were alright?", Tareq asked them.
"We will have to wait a little while for everyone else to arrive then we can leave for the school. We've organised a bus. It's not a long journey. About twenty five minutes and you'll get to see the skyline and the shopping districts so it should be enjoyable for you".

Mark
I jumped slightly at the sound of a loud greeting but my surprise turned to a mellow joy as a young woman about my age wear local clothing greeted us as did her friends with another dressed in local clothing and the other two wearing more obvious western clothing. I smiled and greeted them with what I assumed to be "hello nice to meet you" in Arabic although I had only enough time on the plane to learn a couple phrases. I felt like greeting them in what was assumed their native language and at least give myself a sense of caring for the culture. I still was thrown off by the local dress. I mean I had seen the hijab on a few occasions but it's not like Insaeldor was a wash with Muslims or Arabs ir really any ethno-religious group that would ware such clothing.

"The flight was great thanks for asking a bit long but it was nice as far as plane rides go. And that perfectly fine I dint mind waiting for the others." I said with a smile standing up greeting them.

Ása
While I wasn't exactly in the mood for a meet and greet the interaction that had been established could not really be stopped at this point so I put on my pest smile and stood up with Mark in greeting what was assumed to be the locals. The woman Sari had reminded me that I been loaned a head scarf by my good friend Anastasjia who was the only Muslim in my town. Seeing Sari wear it made me consiter putting it on but I thought better of it is rather stick out out like a sore thump kind of like how the one they refer to as Emily was. It was ether that or conform to a cultural practice I wasn't supportive of so u fugued my my choice had at least some opinion on the matter. But regardless of my views on the hijab it didn't change my attitude towards then and I attemped to be as nice as police greeting the one by one.m

"That sounds pretty cool I'll keep my eyes out the windows." I said in a half-joking manner in response to their skyline comment something I really didn't care for.

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Jess stumbled through the terminal wiping sweat form her face and drinking from a cold bottle of fruit soda. "I think I'm gonna die," she muttered, barely able to walk properly from the heat. Armeia was cold, and the new weather was a complete shock to her. "How do they even survive here?"

The flight hadn't been long but it wasn't very comfortable and Jess was ready to relax, but the heat was messing up that plan. She took out her phone and sent Sebastian a text: Got to Yafran safely, but it's like 100 degrees here.

Where do I go now? she thought, leaning against the airport wall and catching her breath. Her vision was blurry and she leaned over, throwing up into a trash can. Scratch that, I'm definitely going to die.
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Reijas, Mark and Ása:
"That's good. From where did you travel from?", Tareq asked Mark upon noticing that the girl seemed to have no interest in talking at the moment.
While Emily greeted Mark and Ása, Emily turned to Reijas. "Oh well, turbulence isn't that bad".

Jess:
Airport security quickly noticed Jess who was getting looks of disgust and sympathy from passers by. Within two minutes a small team of the airports medical team was called to approach the ill girl. "Excuse me", the medic asked walking over to Jess. "Can you come with us please? Are you ok to walk?", she asked the student calmly. She didn't want to frighten her even though what the girl was doing went totally against every hygiene and medical law in the country.
Last edited by Kwadai on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Reijas Sarsi

Reijas shrugged, smiling at the thought of turbulence getting in the way of anyone's day. Most Marshite aircraft encountered a great deal of turbulence, favoring speed and agility over well-heeled routes of comfort. Timing was precious and seconds were valuable commodities. Marshite planes also boarded and emptied at a jogging pace, so movement and a degree of chaos was expected and counted on as part of the Marshite transportation system. Here it had been a lot slower. More comfortable, but a lot slower. They could go ahead and get more routes done if they moved faster. Of course it would be more turbulent, but that was no big deal.

“Turbulence isn't a big deal. I'm used to it! I am used to a faster pace, though. I was wondering why nobody was jogging off and into the plane, but I guess only we do that. So, quick question. What exactly is a shopping center? Is it much like the Church Commerce Facility?” Reijas asked openly, curious eyes searching for answers amongst the fellows and felines around him.

Zanzibar Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanzibar Republic » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:50 pm

Adia

As the wheels of the plane touched down on the runway of Yafran, Kwadai, I woke with a jolt, looking out my window. The flight wasn't too long, I observed; We'd left Ng'ambo about four hours ago and we were already here. I stand up and grab my purse out of the overhead storage. It takes a few more minutes until we're parked and getting off the plane. Then I have to go through the hell that is security; Security in Kwadai was noticably more stringent than in Zanzibar, but then, Zanzibar had never had any real issues with people on its planes.
While waiting for my VISA to process, I called my twin brother to tell him I'd made the flight okay. Tears welled up in my eyes as we talked; I'd never really been away from home before, and certainly not way from my brother. I hang up and pocket my phone as the VISA is handed back to me.
I start to walk over to the lounge when I see a girl throwing up in a trash can, while what I assume is a doctor walks over.
'Seriously? Girl must be from some northern country, she's gonna have a tough time.. I think, suppressing a smirk. I finish my walk to the lounge, sitting on the end of a sofa and waiting for the other students.

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:12 pm

KwaDai wrote:Reijas, Mark and Ása:
"That's good. From where did you travel from?", Tareq asked Mark upon noticing that the girl seemed to have no interest in talking at the moment.
While Emily greeted Mark and Ása, Emily turned to Reijas. "Oh well, turbulence isn't that bad".

Jess:
Airport security quickly noticed Jess who was getting looks of disgust and sympathy from passers by. Within two minutes a small team of the airports medical team was called to approach the ill girl. "Excuse me", the medic asked walking over to Jess. "Can you come with us please? Are you ok to walk?", she asked the student.

"I feel sick from the heat," explained Jess. She was still wiping the sweat off her forehead, and taking sharp, short breaths. "I think I can walk," she said, following the medic and trying not to look too out of place. Of course I look out of place, she thought, A blond northerner sticks out like a sore thumb in an Arab country."
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:17 pm

Armeia wrote:

Jess:
Airport security quickly noticed Jess who was getting looks of disgust and sympathy from passers by. Within two minutes a small team of the airports medical team was called to approach the ill girl. "Excuse me", the medic asked walking over to Jess. "Can you come with us please? Are you ok to walk?", she asked the student.

"I feel sick from the heat," explained Jess. She was still wiping the sweat off her forehead, and taking sharp, short breaths. "I think I can walk," she said, following the medic and trying not to look too out of place. Of course I look out of place, she thought, A blond northerner sticks out like a sore thumb in an Arab country."

Jess:
"Ok, well I doubt the heat is causing it, surely the air conditioning combats that. Did you eat anything unusual on your flight?", the medic asked opening a door and leading Jess inside to what was a medical examination room. "Where are you travelling from?".

OOC: She won't look too out of place seeing as there are a lot of Germanic expatriates in KwaDai.

Adia:
"Asalamu Alaykum! Welcome to Yafran!", Omar greeted the new student who had arrived and had joined the growing group.
Last edited by Kwadai on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:36 pm

KwaDai wrote:
Armeia wrote:

Jess:
"Ok, well I doubt the heat is causing it, surely the air conditioning combats that. Did you eat anything unusual on your flight?", the medic asked opening a door and leading Jess inside to what was a medical examination room. "Where are you travelling from?".

OOC: She won't look too out of place seeing as there are a lot of Germanic expatriates in KwaDai.

Adia:
"Asalamu Alaykum! Welcome to Yafran!", Omar greeted the new student who had arrived and had joined the growing group.

Jess thought back to the flight, which was on board a military transport, and couldn't remember eating anything. "I don't think I ate anything," she said. "I'm coming from Armeia. You know the country in the North Sea that just annexed Denmark? That's us."

Zanzibar Republic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanzibar Republic » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Adia

"Oh, hello! Thank you, it seems like a wonderful place." She replied, smiling and quickly standing up to greet him.
"What is your name?" She asked him, while taking off her sunglasses.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Armeia wrote:
KwaDai wrote:Jess:

Adia:

Jess thought back to the flight, which was on board a military transport, and couldn't remember eating anything. "I don't think I ate anything," she said. "I'm coming from Armeia. You know the country in the North Sea that just annexed Denmark? That's us."

"Oh Armeia? Ok then..", the doctor replied while she was looking through a glass inset cabinet on the wall. "Now I'm just going to give you a quick check over just to make sure nothing is wrong". The doctor proceeded to check all the obvious symptoms. "Well then. Everything seems ok, so we won't keep you here for longer. Perhaps it was just the flight or the air here. Either way just make sure to drink a lot of water and report it to a doctor if anything gets worse", the medic explained making sure Jess understood.

Adia:
"I'm Omar and these are my friends Tareq, Emily and Sari we are here just to get you guys used to KwaDai, kind of like guides", he explained. "Where have you come from?".
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Jess:
Airport security quickly noticed Jess who was getting looks of disgust and sympathy from passers by. Within two minutes a small team of the airports medical team was called to approach the ill girl. "Excuse me", the medic asked walking over to Jess. "Can you come with us please? Are you ok to walk?", she asked the student calmly. She didn't want to frighten her even though what the girl was doing went totally against every hygiene and medical law in the country.

"Well me and Ása just arrived from Insaeldor" I told the group of native students standing around as another student arived in the lounge.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Insaeldor wrote:

Jess:

"Well me and Ása just arrived from Insaeldor" I told the group of native students standing around as another student arived in the lounge.

"Oh wow. I haven't heard a whole lot about Insaeldor. But from what I have heard it sounds really nice. So is it as good as the travel guides say?", Tareq inquired.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:31 pm

KwaDai wrote:
Insaeldor wrote:"Well me and Ása just arrived from Insaeldor" I told the group of native students standing around as another student arived in the lounge.

"Oh wow. I haven't heard a whole lot about Insaeldor. But from what I have heard it sounds really nice. So is it as good as the travel guides say?", Tareq inquired.

"Depend on what you like I supose. If you're an outdoorsy kind of person then I'm sure it'll everything you'd like. The cities tent to try and keep a very old look so if you're into that then it should be good for you." I told tapping on my guitar case as we waited in the lounge. I didn't realize we'd arrived so early, I then looked back at Ása to see she had nodded off for a but I tapped her on the head quickly causing her to awake and rub the sleep out of her eyes.

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Jess nodded and left to look for the other students. She had been on an ISEP trip before, and she wondered who she'd recognize. The air conditioning was helping cool her down after her near heat attack, but she was still embarrassed about throwing up in front of everyone. Damn, I was hoping to make a better first impression this year, she thought, watching Asa nervously and wondering if she wanted to talk to her. Armeia had a semi bad reputation internationally after the events of the Ten Day War with Denmark, and she was nervous about introducing herself to foreigners.

Zanzibar Republic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanzibar Republic » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Adia

"My name is Adia; I come from Zanzibar" she replied.
"Oh, that's off the East Coast of Africa" she quickly explained; a lot of people had no idea where Zanzibar was and she was used to explaining it.

'There's that girl I saw earlier.. I'm pretty sure she's the one from Armeia. What's her name.. Julie? Jenn? Something with a J..' I thought, glancing over at her.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Armeia wrote:Jess nodded and left to look for the other students. She had been on an ISEP trip before, and she wondered who she'd recognize. The air conditioning was helping cool her down after her near heat attack, but she was still embarrassed about throwing up in front of everyone. Damn, I was hoping to make a better first impression this year, she thought, watching Asa nervously and wondering if she wanted to talk to her. Armeia had a semi bad reputation internationally after the events of the Ten Day War with Denmark, and she was nervous about introducing herself to foreigners.

Ása

Fucking christ Mark why did you wake me up? I thought as I slowly started waking up from my short nap to see another girl looking over at me. I hadn't caught her name since I had been napping. I looked over at her and threw at smile at her.

"Hey, and who might you be?" I asked her with a tinge of sleep still coming through in my voice

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Mark:
"It does sound good! Anything you're particularly looking forward to here in KwaDai? There's definitely a lot to see and do here", Tareq questioned him. "We shouldn't be waiting too much longer now anyway, more people are arriving".

Adia:
Omar nodded. "Very nice". "It's supposed to be really beautiful there. There was an advertisement for flights there on the screen at the information desk", he laughed.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Insaeldor wrote:
Armeia wrote:Jess nodded and left to look for the other students. She had been on an ISEP trip before, and she wondered who she'd recognize. The air conditioning was helping cool her down after her near heat attack, but she was still embarrassed about throwing up in front of everyone. Damn, I was hoping to make a better first impression this year, she thought, watching Asa nervously and wondering if she wanted to talk to her. Armeia had a semi bad reputation internationally after the events of the Ten Day War with Denmark, and she was nervous about introducing herself to foreigners.

Ása

Fucking christ Mark why did you wake me up? I thought as I slowly started waking up from my short nap to see another girl looking over at me. I hadn't caught her name since I had been napping. I looked over at her and threw at smile at her.

"Hey, and who might you be?" I asked her with a tinge of sleep still coming through in my voice

"I'm Jess Høljmark. Well, my full name is Jessica but everyone calls me Jess," says Jess, waving. "I'm from Armeia."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates