NATION

PASSWORD

Pokemon: The Fall of Hoenn (OOC, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Pokemon: The Fall of Hoenn (OOC, OPEN)

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:08 pm

Once upon a time, as all good stories begin, the Hoenn region was a place of relative peace. Shortly after Steven lost his seat as Champion to Wallace, Wallace lost his seat to Brendan and May of Littleroot Town on two separate occasions. After that, life continued on as normal for the inhabitants of Hoenn.

But one day, that all changed. Ships began arriving from other regions, filled with members of the notorious evil teams of other regions: Team Rocket, Team Galactic, and Team Dim Sun. Their motives were unknown, the police couldn't arrest them if they hadn't done anything, but that would change soon enough.

A few weeks ago, evil team members were spotted committing crimes over the entire region at the same time. Team Aqua shut down the cities of Mauville and Slateport, Team Magma overran Lavaridge and Fallarbor Towns, Galactic occupied the Mossdeep Space Center and Sootopolis City, Team Dim Sun moved into Verdanturf, Oldale, Verdanturf, Petalburg, and Littleroot, and Team Rocket took over Rustboro, Fortree, Lilycove, and Ever Grande unopposed.

Some of you might be wondering: "How?" How did the entire Hoenn region get taken over, almost overnight? Through a joint venture between Dim Sun scientists and Charon of Team Galactic, the evil teams created a device called a Pokejammer. The Pokejammer locked all Pokeballs in the region, with the signal emanating from Sootopolis City. The only way to catch a Pokemon while the Pokejammer is active is to use a new type of ball: the Rule Ball. This all-black ball with a golden crown on the button is manufactured by the Rule Coalition, making it immune to the effects of the Pokejammer.

Another question might be: "What about the Rangers? Those scions of Pokemon-human friendship, surely they must have fought back?" An excellent question, if the Ranger Union still existed. No one saw the connection at first, when the Ranger's head scientist Professor Hastings was charged with assorted crimes relating to "failures" in his Capture Styler causing massive property damage in Almia. No one was any the wiser, when Hastings was pinned with these false crimes set up by Team Dim Sun. People only took notice when the Ranger Union was disbanded, leaving hundreds of Rangers across the Pokemon World unemployed. Many left their former lives, but some Rangers formed small cells or pairings and continued to work for the good of the Pokemon World. They are, however, too few, and could not stop the takeover of Hoenn by the Rule Coalition.

And here is where our story begins. Pushed out of their homes by the Rule Coalition, many Gym Leaders and other respectable figures in Hoenn who oppose the Coalition have regrouped in Hoenn's southern islands. The Resistance has made its home in Dewford, led by the enigmatic Steven Stone and Professor Birch. You, dear Trainer, have managed to steal, or otherwise obtain, a Rule Ball. You are one of the few Resistance members who can actually fight back against the Rule Coalition. You are part of Hoenn's last line of defense against total control by the evil teams of the world.

Or perhaps you're a Team Member yourself, from before Hoenn's fall or after, making a living in the new world order. Whichever sect you've decided to join, you had better be prepared to do some dubious deeds. Because your higher-ups will not be pleased with anything less than a complete victory against this "Resistance."

Or maybe you're a Ranger, standing up for the safety of Hoenn and all those who inhabit it, be they human or Pokemon. Either way, the Rule Coalition was the one who made you lose your job. You'd do anything to set the world straight, and get the Union refounded. If that means joining the Resistance and facing impossible odds, then so be it.

Whatever your preference, come player. After witnessing Hoenn's Fall, what choices will you make to shape the destiny of this region? Regardless, only two words are left to be said:

LET'S BATTLE!

Co-ops: New Jordslag & Tristates.

Wazzup all? Temp here, with Jord at my back, with a Pokemon roleplay! We've worked on this for about a month, proud to present it to you all. Just a few quick rules before we get into it:
  • NS Rules apply: no flaming, trolling, assholery, et cetera.
  • P2TM general rules: no godmodding, keep civil, and talk to me if you have any problems.
  • Keep in mind that none of us are masters of our craft. No mega stones, maxxed 'Mons, or anything truly OP. At least at first.
  • There was one more...
  • Oh yeah.
  • Have fun! I'm a pretty chill guy and this is set up to be lots of fun. Don't ruin it by getting on my bad side.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:09 pm

Character Info

Character Apps

Trainer

Code: Select all
[box][b][u]Trainer App[/u][/b] (Delete the parentheses and parenthetical contents, please?)

Name:
Sex (biological gender):
Gender (how you see yourself):
Birthplace (region & town):
Moral alignment (classic D&D grid):

Biography:

[b][u]Pokemon:[/u][/b] (you will have few, though they may be more powerful than team member's. repeat this section for every Pokemon)
[list]
[*](Pokemon Species) "(Nickname)"
[*](Gender)
[*](Ability)
[*]Moveset:[list]
[*]1
[*]2
[*]3
[*]4[/list]
[*]History/Personality: (where did you find him/her? how do they act towards you/other Pokemon?)[/list]

[b][u]Optional Section:[/u][/b]

Personality:

Ranger

EDIT: No more Rangers for now. Trainers are intended to be in the forefront in this RP, dealing with Rule Balls and such.

[box][b][u]Ranger App[/u][/b] (Delete the parentheses and parenthetical contents, please?)

Name:
Sex (biological gender):

Biography:

[b][u]Partner Pokemon:[/u][/b] (you will have one, and he/she will be stronger than others of the same level)
[list]
[*](Gender)
[*](Ability)
[*]1
[*]2
[*]3
[*]4[/list]
[*]History/Personality: (where did you find him/her? how do they act towards you/other Pokemon?)[/list]

Personality:

Team Member:

EDIT: No more Team Rocket. Too many PCs already, and there are 4 more teams to choose from.

[box][b][u]Team Member App[/u][/b] (Delete the parentheses and parenthetical contents, please?)

Name:
Sex (biological gender):

Biography:

[b][u]Pokemon:[/u][/b] (you will have more than a few, though they may be weaker than other character types. repeat this section for every Pokemon)
[list]
[*](Gender)
[*](Ability)
[*]1
[*]2
[*]3
[*]4[/list]

Personality:

Character List
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 37 times in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:09 pm

Story So Far...

In-Character Thread

Gym Leaders and Elite4

Rustboro: Sidney - Dark.
Dewford: Brawly - Fighting (Resistance) (Also: Roxanne, Flannery, Norman, Liza, Phoebe, Drake, Steven).
Mauville: Wattson/Matt/Shelly - Electric/Water/Water (Watson - Resistance).
Lavaridge: Courtney/Tabitha - Fire/Fire.
Petalburg: Ice/Lavana/Heath - Ice/Fire/Electric.
Fortree: Glacia - Ice.
Mossdeep: Tate/Winona - Psychic/Flying (Tate - Resistance).
Sootopolis: Wallace/Juan - Water/Water.

Elite: Blake Hall - Dim Sun.
Elite: Archie - Aqua.
Elite: Maxie - Magma.
Elite: Cyrus - Galactic.
Champ: Giovanni.

Story So Far...
  • DAY 1 - After a failed attempt to retake Slateport, both the Resistance and Coalition are regrouping nearby. Neither knows who will make the first move, but both are preparing for all-out war.
  • DAY 2 - Teams Aqua and Rocket prepare in Slateport to invade Dewford. Meanwhile, the Resistance is accepting volunteers for a planned mission to obtain all the gym badges and force the Coalition to leave.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:10 pm

WIP

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Tag.

It's a Temp RP. Tagging is mandatory
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:51 pm

Mirakai wrote:Tag.

It's a Temp RP. Tagging is mandatory

Awesome. :D

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:56 pm

I'm a bit disappointed. There was so much demand last month or so, now it's quiet...

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:59 pm

Tag.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:53 pm

Character apps are good, I think. At the very least, they're up for criticism.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:01 pm

1.)So, is this ANY pokemon, or only those originally from the Hoenn region that we can have?

2.)Will there be chances to get more rule balls as the roleplay progresses?

3.)I'm guessing you'll be roleplaying people like Giovanni?

also tag.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Aidannadia wrote:1.)So, is this ANY pokemon, or only those originally from the Hoenn region that we can have?

2.)Will there be chances to get more rule balls as the roleplay progresses?

3.)I'm guessing you'll be roleplaying people like Giovanni?

also tag.

Ooh, a questions! Finally.

1) I'm going for more of an international feel. You can be from any region, and have any one-ywo "normal" Pokemon from that region when you arrive. But the Pokemon you'll find travelling across Hoenn will be those native to Hoenn.
2) There's a possibility of that. ;) For now, I don't want any trainers having more than 3.

3) Me and co-ops. I guess I could post the list of where all important Hoenn and Rule Coalition people are. I forgot to mention in the OP, but some leaders and even elite 4 trainers joined the Coalition, for whatever reasons they had. Probably for survival. Gym leaders were replaced by Team Admins and whatnot, so I guess showing that list would be good.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Rustboro: Sidney - Dark.
Dewford: Brawly - Fighting (Resistance) (Also: Roxanne, Flannery, Norman, Liza, Phoebe, Drake, Steven).

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:25 am

When the app mentions that we "will" have one/a few/several pokemon, does that imply everyone starts with only one? And if not, should we fill the pokemon app section for everyone of them?

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:41 am

The Templar High Council wrote:Rustboro: Sidney - Dark.

Tag.

Temp, I believe Heath was Ground, not Electric. This is an important distinction, as Electric types are weak to Ground Types.

Also, Steven did not lose his seat to Wallace. He gave it up because he got bored. No, seriously.
Last edited by New Jordslag on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:08 am

Mnar Secundus wrote:When the app mentions that we "will" have one/a few/several pokemon, does that imply everyone starts with only one? And if not, should we fill the pokemon app section for everyone of them?

If you are a Ranger, you start with only one, but may catch up to Eight, and you can't run out of Pokeballs. If you are a Pokemon Trainers, you may have up to three to start with, but you can have six in your party, max, and you can very well run out of Pokeballs, in which case you'll have to steal more.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:35 am

Mega evolutions allowed?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:41 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Mega evolutions allowed?

If you can find a Mega Bracelet. No starting out with one.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:42 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Mnar Secundus wrote:When the app mentions that we "will" have one/a few/several pokemon, does that imply everyone starts with only one? And if not, should we fill the pokemon app section for everyone of them?

If you are a Ranger, you start with only one, but may catch up to Eight, and you can't run out of Pokeballs. If you are a Pokemon Trainers, you may have up to three to start with, but you can have six in your party, max, and you can very well run out of Pokeballs, in which case you'll have to steal more.

Remember, Rangers don't use balls. At least, not in the Ranger games. I was under the assumption that they'd have one permanent partner, then use wild Pokemon nearby with their Stylers.

Also: there will probably end up being a limited number of Rangers, at least in comparison to the other character types. I'm gonna be one, and I suggest those who also want to be Rangers reserve their slot now.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:44 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Mega evolutions allowed?

If you can find a Mega Bracelet. No starting out with one.

Why not?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:46 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:If you can find a Mega Bracelet. No starting out with one.

Why not?

Because Mega Evolution is OP. It's called 'Mega' Evolution for good reason.

The Templar High Council wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:If you are a Ranger, you start with only one, but may catch up to Eight, and you can't run out of Pokeballs. If you are a Pokemon Trainers, you may have up to three to start with, but you can have six in your party, max, and you can very well run out of Pokeballs, in which case you'll have to steal more.

Remember, Rangers don't use balls. At least, not in the Ranger games. I was under the assumption that they'd have one permanent partner, then use wild Pokemon nearby with their Stylers.

Also: there will probably end up being a limited number of Rangers, at least in comparison to the other character types. I'm gonna be one, and I suggest those who also want to be Rangers reserve their slot now.

Reserved.

But see, the precedent set by Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs is that a Ranger may have Eight Pokemon captured, excluding his Partner Pokemon.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:49 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Why not?

Because Mega Evolution is OP. It's called 'Mega' Evolution for good reason.

But it will be available right?

Also please reserve a ranger spot.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:50 am

New Jordslag wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Rustboro: Sidney - Dark.

Tag.

Temp, I believe Heath was Ground, not Electric. This is an important distinction, as Electric types are weak to Ground Types.

Also, Steven did not lose his seat to Wallace. He gave it up because he got bored. No, seriously.

From what I see on Bulbapedia, it could be either way. In Shadows of Almia, he used a Magnezone and Electivire via miniremo units, and a Rhyperior via the Ultimate Machine. In the manga, his Pokemon was a Rampardos.

I'm going for lightning because majority of game, and I see the Pokemon manga as a secondary source material.

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:If you can find a Mega Bracelet. No starting out with one.

Why not?

You know Jord, I don't see why not. They have to collect the stones anyway.

New Jordslag wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Remember, Rangers don't use balls. At least, not in the Ranger games. I was under the assumption that they'd have one permanent partner, then use wild Pokemon nearby with their Stylers.

Reserved.

But see, the precedent set by Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs is that a Ranger may have Eight Pokemon captured, excluding his Partner Pokemon.

Yes, captured. But not with balls. And they don't really "command" their Pokemon in the same way trainers do. They don't use moves, they use whatever type the pokemon might be to charge their stylers. So I don't want to bother listing Pokemon that, first off, won't stay forever, and secondly, the player doesn't have complete control over.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:52 am

So wait, can I or can I not have a Pokemon that can mega evolve from the beginning (I'll explain in the bio.)
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:56 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:So wait, can I or can I not have a Pokemon that can mega evolve from the beginning (I'll explain in the bio.)

If you're asking if you can have a Pokemon that has a mega stone that currently exists, I guess.
If you're asking if you can have a mega stone from the beginning, no.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:58 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:So wait, can I or can I not have a Pokemon that can mega evolve from the beginning (I'll explain in the bio.)

If you're asking if you can have a Pokemon that has a mega stone that currently exists, I guess.
If you're asking if you can have a mega stone from the beginning, no.

But I would be able to find mega stones correct?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse