NATION

PASSWORD

Postapocalyptia | OOC [Apps Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:56 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Well, a good start is where they are based and the name. Asiatic Peoples is a bit exclusive if they want to spread their movement. Sounds a bit ethnocentric.

I would suggest ACE. Association for Contact and Equality. Has a nice ring to it~!

Yeah....but I'm not a fan of groups who like equality....eh.

And most of the world is Asiatic, right?

I agree with keeping Asiatic. If the goal is to be racial/nationalistic, then it should be exclusively for Asiatic Peoples. Otherwise you have no culture to pander to for your propaganda.

Plus they could just be operating in the Great Khan region.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:06 am

While I like the bus idea, the second picture in particular, I think something similar to VPK-Volk or the South African Casspir would work well too, while both are military vehicles which I think min is trying to get away from, but they have space to transport just about everyone plus supplies, are armored enough to stop bullets and resist a few explosions, and are pretty mobile. Plus I could see the various security factions having something similar to this, so its not to far fetched as for them existing on rigel-3.

Also, I'd like some feedback on my idea I posted two pages ago, I'd appreciate it a lot. I'll start some work on my character.

Edit: I'll just pop it here.

A large society of wandering individuals who where originally the lower echelon of the corporate society that postapocalyptia once held, former expendable manual labor for a massive corporation that flocked to the planet during the timonium rush on the planet. This once mass group that came into being in the wake of the massive gravitational flux that cut the planet off from the outside world, with their story starting with a rebellion, a rebellion against the people that owned them through signed paper, enforced by vicious armed goons, a rebellion in which they overcame impossible odds and claimed their freedom, which is how they like to tell it, when in reality they robbed them blind of vehicles, weapons and supplies before disappearing into the wide verity of hostile environments to with a destination of nowhere, travelling in a massive convoy of vehicles with very incompatible people. Most made the discussion to settle down, moving into the various towns that they passed by in order to become "productive citizens" rather than wander aimlessly, looking to fit in with the "normal" society, but a rather sizable group with a disdain for order and a thirst for jolly adventure came into fruition, sticking on the path which led nowhere in particular, with the sole plan of living out their days free in the vast desert and to have fun away from tight grasp of the law and killjoys.

Hence forth, the dropouts were born.

Preferring high speed low drag, they travel through the desert in convoys, using mostly all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles and off-roads which are often outfitted to be more lightweight with modified powerful engines making them go as fast as possible, helping them better survive out in the wilderness in which they spend the majority of the time driving through out the land, only stopping whenever fuel or food is needed, in which case they either stop to hunt and gather if the location supports it or rest for a few days outside a settlement, going in to trading things which settlers crave such as artifacts from the outside that the dropouts have little interest in or they offer manual labor services in exchange for the supplies and resources which they might just steal anyway, so that can continue on moving out onto the roads, which usually isn't before they cause some sort of trouble, as their strong disdain for order and carefree lifestyle often lands them in hot water as they leave a horrid mess, are generally disorderly, and steal from the locals before disappearing off into the desert, likely never to return again. Rightly so, barely anyone trusts them with just about any sort of responsibility or around any that isn't nailed down and padlocked, and most Conservative organisations considering them to be nothing more than "high speed junkie degenerates", especially as UNSEC and Archaeologists' Association who frequently treat them like shit due to the fact that any time they seem to be around dropouts their pockets grow noticeably lighter, only tolerating them until their usefulness has disappeared, which only builds up more disdain between them.

In terms of equipment, the dropouts are armed poorly in a mix matched way, with most weapons being just about whatever they could get their hands on through thievery or trade, with the individual person only armed with hand to hand weaponry, some homemade explosives and old pistols or sub-machine guns with the occasional rifle with limited ammunition, they do however, they tend to pick their weaponry based on how well they can use it when behind the wheel as vehicular combat is how they face most of their threats. And thanks to the fact that they've been moving through the postapocalyptia since the gravitational flux, most are stellar drivers who know their vehicles like the back of their hands and probably yours too, so never allow a dropout you intend to dealing with behind a wheel or near yours for that matter, because end up getting into a very long winded chase out in the desert or you car will be turned into a gloried paper weight.

In terms of individual personality of the group, most people in the dropouts are strongly individual and very independent, with most sporting having sporting a different ideals and motivations, with the main identifying features of a dropout being their punkish ragtag style, their dilated, drugged out eyes and arbitrary nature, with most only caring about personal freedom and when they can have their next drugged fueled party and trip more than anything else, with them seeing it as the only real thing left to do within postapocalyptia. As a result, the group lacks leadership and is basically anarchy most of the time, with most big decisions being decided communally through a vote, which results in some infighting should their be any disagreements. It also means that tactically they aren't all that great in combat when they get thrust into it, some of the more veteran fighters of the group can lead very effective combat parties, using explosive hit and run harassment attacks to surprisingly brutal effect, however as a hole, they tend to prefer the use of numbers, with them commonly surrounding their targets with their vehicles before unleashing a barrage of firepower, hardly effective against more armored targets. Another problem that both sides face with the dropouts is that many of them are incredibly unhinged due to their rampant drug use, mainly from the Cunihal drug, which they in fact commonly cultivate on board the larger vehicles in small, but intuitive gardens with them gathering the necessary materials needed for its growth from the wilderness or from trade, and just about everything they make gets used among the group, most sport poor mental health with such issues as psychosis and schizophrenia, making them unstable around other people. Aside from their driving, most are rabid gear heads and are stellar mechanics, primarily due to the life style that they chose requiring it for basic survival, generally speaking, they can just about fix any vehicle with the right tools and materials, and jerry rig it when the can't. Just don't bring it up anything to do with engines with a drop out, chances are you'll end up getting into a very long winded but passionate rant about it.
Last edited by Galdius on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:45 am

I found this.

But personally I had set my mind on something more futuristic-ish rather than military hardware from the early 21st century/a jury-rigged bus.

Like this or this.
Last edited by Esternial on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:16 am

I suppose I'm done. I'm not sure though because I might also make a Clara-like robot.

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Name: Johanna
Sex: F
Height: 1.84 metres
Weight: 74 Kg

General appearance: http://i.imgur.com/BDWDlQv.jpg
Except with light green eyes and her hair colour is a medium-light brown, not reddish as above
Her body is slim and very fit and athletic. I'd say body is similar to Tanya from MKX, voice would be Tanya's too because I'm lazy

Skills: Johanna has mastered Silat and widely uses her fighting skills to get rid of human threat. Previously an assassin working for DA, while also a spy for AA, Johanna is skilled in close quarter and hand to hand combat, as well as reconnaissance, utilising her natural acrobatic prowess and flexibility to her advantage. She's also a decent enough medic, but not too good. She's a decent shot and knows her way with weapons too. Having spent some time in AA's laboratories, she somewhat knows how to get around with scientific equipment to a limited extent, primarily chemicals
Stuff they own:
-Weapons: Walther P99 Chambered for .40 S&W; Walther PPK Chambered for .380 ACP (holdout)(with a moderate amount of ammo); two karambit combat knives; push dagger; KM2000; fairbairn Sykes
-Clothing: besides the regular stuff, Light weight quick release plate carrier containing type III ceramic body armor plates, and equipped with six stanag magazine pouches,two pistol magazine pouches and a medical pouch, green tactical gloves
-Basic necessities
-a shit ton of medicaments, nutritious packs and vitamin packs
-Backpack
Personality: Johanna is very intelligent and analytical, yet very arrogant, often blinded by her success and skill. She is a bit egotistical, but generally not more than a good half of the population. Despite her faux-confrontational and threatening demeanour, she is very socially awkward, not all too used to friendly, romantic or family relationships, having spent too much time killing people instead of talking to them. This somewhat left a rather painful hole in her psychology, yearning to be filled up. Due to her arrogant nature, Johanna often underpresents threats. However she makes up for it thanks to her focus on effectiveness and accuracy in tasks, while also usually enjoying beating people's faces to a pulp and breaking their neck with her slew of acrobatic moves, making her even more effective. She's a hardcore pragmatic and is somewhat cynical, though to a limited extent. Even while being socially shy, Johanna isn't afraid of threatening or insulting people, but doesn't typically do it unless provoked in any case, unless she's doing it in a faux cocky or sarcastic manner. She'd also quite straightforwardDespite the occasional edginess of her personality, Johanna is a somewhat well weighted person, who keeps to the middle of most spectrums. She is heavily inquisitive and curious, seeking to understand and know information, while also being so somewhat depressed about her life in regards to her lack of memory and lack of social connections. In general though, Johanna is fairly sanguine and quite an upbeat person, or at least she tries to be.
Traits, quirks, habits: Johanna is quite fond of natural scenery, as such she will often gaze at wildlife and landscapes of Rigel.
Likes: Monetary/financial incentive, liberty, combat, adrenaline, knowledge, intelligence, pragmatism, realism
Dislikes: Idiocracy, Ignorance, opposition, Dynamic International, moralism, zealousness
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: Forced to do so in order to go into hiding from DA and provide a decent enough living for herself through utilising her extensive skills
Bio: Johanna was born...where exactly? Truth is, she doesn't remember. Her memory fails her in everything but her name. She doesn't know why this memory loss happened, but uncertain flashbacks often hint at her past, but they are typically nightmarish and leave Johanna without any answers, just stress. Approximately five years ago, from what she can recall, she was approached by DA, who hired her and polished her talents in return for complete and unquestionable loyalty from her part, making her an effective killing machine and vastly raising her ranks within the organisation. A year later, Johanna made a decision to spy on DA to AA, who also offered, besides other things, strong financial incentives. Johanna herself was tired of DA, suspecting them of altering her and being the cause of the memory loss. This charade lasted for quite a long time, before AA decided to abandon her so as to not pay her once she was uncovered by the DA. She barely managed to escape a DA secret facility in the desert. Now, posing a threat to DA, she's living as a Vagabond, rather aimlessly wandering across the landscape until a job arises.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:57 am

Esternial wrote:I found this.

But personally I had set my mind on something more futuristic-ish rather than military hardware from the early 21st century/a jury-rigged bus.

Like this or this.

Second pic is my favorite.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:19 am

Illan wrote:

Like this or this.

Personally I prefer the desert scorcher, feels more fitting to the theme imo, but the second one seems like a amped up dodge challenger and, I'm no gearhead so I don't know bugger all about vehicles, seems to have a pretty low suspension for offroading. then again, probably wrong.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:21 am

Galdius wrote:
Illan wrote:

Personally I prefer the desert scorcher, feels more fitting to the theme imo, but the second one seems like a amped up dodge challenger and, I'm no gearhead so I don't know bugger all about vehicles, seems to have a pretty low suspension for offroading. then again, probably wrong.

They were mostly intended as examples, but I do personally like the Scorcher as well.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:43 am

Galdius wrote:I think something similar to VPK-Volk or the South African Casspir would work well too

Agreed. Remember, we're going offroad quite a bit here, we'll need something fast and able to traverse the wild terrain.

Like this or this.

The first and third ones wouldn't work, I don't think. The first is simply a sitting duck for raiders and bandits and the third's suspension is so low and compressed that it wouldn't be able to drive on anything but road. The second one is interesting though.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:48 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Galdius wrote:I think something similar to VPK-Volk or the South African Casspir would work well too

Agreed. Remember, we're going offroad quite a bit here, we'll need something fast and able to traverse the wild terrain.

Like this or this.

The first and third ones wouldn't work, I don't think. The first is simply a sitting duck for raiders and bandits and the third's suspension is so low and compressed that it wouldn't be able to drive on anything but road. The second one is interesting though.

We could just have the best of both worlds, take the Casspir or whatever as a base and add all sorts of groovy and hip modifications and lights to make it sci-fi.
Ave Alea Necis

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:18 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:I suppose I'm done. I'm not sure though because I might also make a Clara-like robot.

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Name: Johanna
Sex: F
Height: 1.84 metres
Weight: 74 Kg

General appearance: http://i.imgur.com/BDWDlQv.jpg
Except with light green eyes and her hair colour is a medium-light brown, not reddish as above
Her body is slim and very fit and athletic. I'd say body is similar to Tanya from MKX, voice would be Tanya's too because I'm lazy

Skills: Johanna has mastered Silat and widely uses her fighting skills to get rid of human threat. Previously an assassin working for Dynamic International, while also a spy for AA, Johanna is skilled in close quarter and hand to hand combat, as well as reconnaissance, utilising her natural acrobatic prowess and flexibility to her advantage. She's also a decent enough medic, but not too good. She's a decent shot and knows her way with weapons too. Having spent some time in AA's laboratories, she somewhat knows how to get around with scientific equipment to a limited extent, primarily chemicals
Stuff they own:
-Weapons: Walther P99 Chambered for .40 S&W; Walther PPK Chambered for .380 ACP (holdout)(with a moderate amount of ammo); two karambit combat knives; push dagger; KM2000; fairbairn Sykes
-Clothing: besides the regular stuff, Light weight quick release plate carrier containing type III ceramic body armor plates, and equipped with six stanag magazine pouches,two pistol magazine pouches and a medical pouch, green tactical gloves
-Basic necessities
-a shit ton of medicaments, nutritious packs and vitamin packs
-Backpack
Personality: Johanna is very intelligent and analytical, yet very arrogant, often blinded by her success and skill. She is a bit egotistical, but generally not more than a good half of the population. Despite her faux-confrontational and threatening demeanour, she is very socially awkward, not all too used to friendly, romantic or family relationships, having spent too much time killing people instead of talking to them. This somewhat left a rather painful hole in her psychology, yearning to be filled up. Due to her arrogant nature, Johanna often underpresents threats. However she makes up for it thanks to her focus on effectiveness and accuracy in tasks, while also usually enjoying beating people's faces to a pulp and breaking their neck with her slew of acrobatic moves, making her even more effective. She's a hardcore pragmatic and is somewhat cynical, though to a limited extent. Even while being socially shy, Johanna isn't afraid of threatening or insulting people, but doesn't typically do it unless provoked in any case, unless she's doing it in a faux cocky or sarcastic manner. She'd also quite straightforwardDespite the occasional edginess of her personality, Johanna is a somewhat well weighted person, who keeps to the middle of most spectrums. She is heavily inquisitive and curious, seeking to understand and know information, while also being so somewhat depressed about her life in regards to her lack of memory and lack of social connections. In general though, Johanna is fairly sanguine and quite an upbeat person, or at least she tries to be.
Traits, quirks, habits: Johanna is quite fond of natural scenery, as such she will often gaze at wildlife and landscapes of Rigel.
Likes: Monetary/financial incentive, liberty, combat, adrenaline, knowledge, intelligence, pragmatism, realism
Dislikes: Idiocracy, Ignorance, opposition, Dynamic International, moralism, zealousness
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: Forced to do so in order to go into hiding from Dynamic International and provide a decent enough living for herself through utilising her extensive skills
Bio: Johanna was born...where exactly? Truth is, she doesn't remember. Her memory fails her in everything but her name. She doesn't know why this memory loss happened, but uncertain flashbacks often hint at her past, but they are typically nightmarish and leave Johanna without any answers, just stress. Approximately five years ago, from what she can recall, she was approached by Dynamic International, who hired her and polished her talents in return for complete and unquestionable loyalty from her part, making her an effective killing machine and vastly raising her ranks within the organisation. A year later, Johanna made a decision to spy on DI to AA, who also offered, besides other things, strong financial incentives. Johanna herself was tired of DI, suspecting them of altering her and being the cause of the memory loss. This charade lasted for quite a long time, before AA decided to abandon her so as to not pay her once she was uncovered by the DI. She barely managed to escape a DI secret facility in the desert. Now, posing a threat to DI, she's living as a Vagabond, rather aimlessly wandering across the landscape until a job arises.

DU, Jess, DU :p they're not International of anything :lol:

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:29 pm

Given the many submitted prospects of viable vehicles

I'm down to these and might put a vote up.

First: because its different. Never mind that it can't do off-terrain and lacks speed. Lucy didn't have much speed to her either (if I recall correctly). It also has room, creature comfort is always a plus.

Second: Reminds me of Lucy, yes I know they were two completely different types of military transports.

Third: The idea of a tractor is nice, a place to store the two bikes when not in use would be handy.

And yes, I wouldn't mind Lil'Bit coming back but its up to you Carly if you want it for Eira
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Alrighty, a suggestion:

We're in a different location on the planet. We might want to consider that evolution had its way with the flora and fauna, slipping them into niches while making them suitable to live in that environment. Not all of the living organisms listed on the first page may be compatible with the Great Khan biome. An American black bear and a polar bear are both bears yet the black bear would get his ass handed to him in the polar bear's northernmost environment. A polar bear is the apex predator in his biome however he will tied a horrible death if he suffers a successful bite from a black mamba. I'm not knocking Jess' hard work; I think we can tweak some of the thing while also adding things unique to the setting.

"The desert is thousands of square miles large, consisting of dunes, salt flats, arid deserts, and the occasional oasis. The desert takes up the greater part of this side of Rigel-3, with very few landmarks, making travel dangerous."

Here's what I propose for a basic setting, and all of it can be changed to fit new and better ideas. If this works for you, I'll post my critter and plant lists. Jess' listing can be supported ecologically by the Southern Khan with a few tweaks; The Northern Khan (where we have the nifty dunes and stuff) wouldn't be kind to many creatures, including humans.

I didn't add in the Antenna or other man-made structures, although I've listed where TO is located. I also didn't place Great Khan City anywhere. It could be North or South, but I wouldn't recommend putting it on the Great Salt Pan itself.

GREAT KHAN DESERT

Southern Khan
Biome: semi-arid desert and seasonal grassland.
Köppen climate: Aw (A designates tropical climate, w is the designation for its arid winter season)
Annual rainfall: 20 inches over a 3 month rainy season; 5 inches total during the remaining months.
Temperature: winter 68° to 78° F (20° - 25° C); summer 78° to 86° F (25° - 30° C).
Fauna: predominantly predatory with some grazing animals. Pollinators only prolific during rainy season; hibernation occurring during dry winters.
Flora: rolling "grassland" with some woody perennial plants.
Major landmarks:
    [let's invent some!]
Remarks:

The Great Salt Pan (desertification zone)
Biome: salt pan
Köppen climate:
Annual rainfall: 0-1 inch (mean)
Temperature:
Biodiversity: none
Fauna: none
Flora: none
Major landmarks:
    Hell's Track - man made, caused by planet-fall. "The granddaddy of all skid marks", the swatch of torn earth running north to south was caused by the ship during its crash.
Remarks:
    The Great Salt Pan was once a large lake. It is now extremely dangerous to travel. Crust conceals a muddy quagmire. Vehicles easily engulfed. One of the few safe passages between North and South is Hell's Track, but this is a favorite haunt for brigands.

Northern Khan
Biome: arid desert and xeric shrublands
Köppen climate: BWh (really fucking hot desert that can get really fucking cold at night)
Annual rainfall: varies by location. Most of Northern Khan is hyper-arid and virtually rainless
Temperature: (mean temperature) 30 °C (86 °F) - 47 °C (116.6 °F). Note: temperature is different depending upon location and elevation.
Biodiversity: typical. "Extraordinarily rich floras with very high alpha and beta diversity; reptilian-based faunas also diverse; local endemism quite pronounced in some regions."
Fauna: predominantly predatory with few grazing animals. Pollinators only prolific at oasis.
Flora: woody plants, vascular plants that reproduce via spores or fruits. Located at oasis only.
Major landmarks:
    Ticaret Oasis (TO) [WIP]
    [Moar inventing!]
Remarks: oasis dot the Northern Khan. These are remnants from a time period before the evaporation of the large lake (which is now the Salt Pan). The surface of the desert is sand dunes pocketed with occasional stone plateaus, and dry valleys (wadis) containing oasis settlements. The wadis run along vast underground aquifers. There aren't any surface rivers in the Northern Khan.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:Given the many submitted prospects of viable vehicles

First: because its different. Never mind that it can't do off-terrain and lacks speed. Lucy didn't have much speed to her either (if I recall correctly). It also has room, creature comfort is always a plus.

Second: Reminds me of Lucy, yes I know they were two completely different types of military transports.

Third: The idea of a tractor is nice, a place to store the two bikes when not in use would be handy.

And yes, I wouldn't mind Lil'Bit coming back but its up to you Carly if you want it for Eira

I don't particularly find any of them visually appealing or really useful; though I'd vote for the third one and then the second one respectively.
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:39 pm

I like the second one the most, so you can guess which one I'm voting for.
Ave Alea Necis

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Works for me, Swith, post away!
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Could you add the scorcher to that list as well?

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:47 pm

I do like the third one the best.

Also, I might draw up one of my ideas to better visualize. I'm not the best drawer but I'll try my best.

Edit: Also, I like the idea of Eira having lil'bit. I think by the end of the last adventure she'll know how to drive it and become attached to it, along with her and Sev becoming good friends.
Last edited by The Carlisle on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Antenna would probably fit best in the Southern Khan.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:52 pm

The Carlisle wrote:I do like the third one the best.

Also, I might draw up one of my ideas to better visualize. I'm not the best drawer but I'll try my best.

Edit: Also, I like the idea of Eira having lil'bit. I think by the end of the last adventure she'll know how to drive it and become attached to it, along with her and Sev becoming good friends.

I like that, it would be interesting once Eira encounters Aubrey :P

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:56 pm

Also, gonna put some mechanical skills on the app seeing that she will be fucked without it.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Poll is up.

Scorcher added to the list also

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:Alrighty, a suggestion:

We're in a different location on the planet. We might want to consider that evolution had its way with the flora and fauna, slipping them into niches while making them suitable to live in that environment. Not all of the living organisms listed on the first page may be compatible with the Great Khan biome. An American black bear and a polar bear are both bears yet the black bear would get his ass handed to him in the polar bear's northernmost environment. A polar bear is the apex predator in his biome however he will tied a horrible death if he suffers a successful bite from a black mamba. I'm not knocking Jess' hard work; I think we can tweak some of the thing while also adding things unique to the setting.

"The desert is thousands of square miles large, consisting of dunes, salt flats, arid deserts, and the occasional oasis. The desert takes up the greater part of this side of Rigel-3, with very few landmarks, making travel dangerous."

Here's what I propose for a basic setting, and all of it can be changed to fit new and better ideas. If this works for you, I'll post my critter and plant lists. Jess' listing can be supported ecologically by the Southern Khan with a few tweaks; The Northern Khan (where we have the nifty dunes and stuff) wouldn't be kind to many creatures, including humans.

I didn't add in the Antenna or other man-made structures, although I've listed where TO is located. I also didn't place Great Khan City anywhere. It could be North or South, but I wouldn't recommend putting it on the Great Salt Pan itself.

GREAT KHAN DESERT

Southern Khan
Biome: semi-arid desert and seasonal grassland.
Köppen climate: Aw (A designates tropical climate, w is the designation for its arid winter season)
Annual rainfall: 20 inches over a 3 month rainy season; 5 inches total during the remaining months.
Temperature: winter 68° to 78° F (20° - 25° C); summer 78° to 86° F (25° - 30° C).
Fauna: predominantly predatory with some grazing animals. Pollinators only prolific during rainy season; hibernation occurring during dry winters.
Flora: rolling "grassland" with some woody perennial plants.
Major landmarks:
    [let's invent some!]
Remarks:

The Great Salt Pan (desertification zone)
Biome: salt pan
Köppen climate:
Annual rainfall: 0-1 inch (mean)
Temperature:
Biodiversity: none
Fauna: none
Flora: none
Major landmarks:
    Hell's Track - man made, caused by planet-fall. "The granddaddy of all skid marks", the swatch of torn earth running north to south was caused by the ship during its crash.
Remarks:
    The Great Salt Pan was once a large lake. It is now extremely dangerous to travel. Crust conceals a muddy quagmire. Vehicles easily engulfed. One of the few safe passages between North and South is Hell's Track, but this is a favorite haunt for brigands.

Northern Khan
Biome: arid desert and xeric shrublands
Köppen climate: BWh (really fucking hot desert that can get really fucking cold at night)
Annual rainfall: varies by location. Most of Northern Khan is hyper-arid and virtually rainless
Temperature: (mean temperature) 30 °C (86 °F) - 47 °C (116.6 °F). Note: temperature is different depending upon location and elevation.
Biodiversity: typical. "Extraordinarily rich floras with very high alpha and beta diversity; reptilian-based faunas also diverse; local endemism quite pronounced in some regions."
Fauna: predominantly predatory with few grazing animals. Pollinators only prolific at oasis.
Flora: woody plants, vascular plants that reproduce via spores or fruits. Located at oasis only.
Major landmarks:
    Ticaret Oasis (TO) [WIP]
    [Moar inventing!]
Remarks: oasis dot the Northern Khan. These are remnants from a time period before the evaporation of the large lake (which is now the Salt Pan). The surface of the desert is sand dunes pocketed with occasional stone plateaus, and dry valleys (wadis) containing oasis settlements. The wadis run along vast underground aquifers. There aren't any surface rivers in the Northern Khan.

True, however Min himself said we shouldn't focus on the Great Kahn region solely. The wildlife I included is very general and is meant to represent the more notable species (plus a few rarer once to make the palette more interesting) seen across Rigel, though obivously not present in every biome. Certain species are ver widespread though.
Although to be honest I'm glad someone compiled the locations. It'll make creating new species much easier and more interesting. :p

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:I suppose I'm done. I'm not sure though because I might also make a Clara-like robot.

DU, Jess, DU :p they're not International of anything :lol:

I don't know why I made that mistake. Should I edit it?
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
True, however Min himself said we shouldn't focus on the Great Kahn region solely. The wildlife I included is very general and is meant to represent the more notable species (plus a few rarer once to make the palette more interesting) seen across Rigel, though obivously not present in every biome. Certain species are ver widespread though.
Although to be honest I'm glad someone compiled the locations. It'll make creating new species much easier and more interesting. :p

I'm encouraging her to go ahead as Swith was already working on it. You guys take your time with expanding things outside the Khan

Mincaldenteans wrote:

Please -nodnod-

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Also, majority of the species are still going to be compatible, either with the Southern Khan, the Northern Kahn or outside of it. A good half of them dwell in very arid and hot conditions anyways, particularly semi deserts and arid plains.

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

I'm encouraging her to go ahead as Swith was already working on it. You guys take your time with expanding things outside the Khan

Mincaldenteans wrote:

Please -nodnod-

If Swith doesn't mind, I'd be interested to make some wildlife for Great Kahn too, besides the current species that'd fit in the biome.
Political Graph

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:28 pm

Why no revoting? :(
Political Graph

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse