NATION

PASSWORD

Postapocalyptia | OOC [Apps Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Illan wrote:Hey, could I add to the wildlife/fauna/flora of Rigel?

I don't believe I have a monopoly on it, so of course.

Although pls keep it realistic as possible. Also try to fit in an ecosystem and a food chain to sort of give it a more solid place in the RP universe.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Illan wrote:Hey, could I add to the wildlife/fauna/flora of Rigel?

I don't believe I have a monopoly on it, so of course.

Although pls keep it realistic as possible. Also try to fit in an ecosystem and a food chain to sort of give it a more solid place in the RP universe.

Um, elaborate? I don't really wanna research how some of my species would interact with the already preset ones in regards to food chains and such. I'm likely focusing on domestic animals and more crazy cool savage ones.

Perhaps, once I get them up, you could help me figure that out?
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Hey, is there a robotics company that is involved in this? I would very much like to elaborate on such a thing.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Illan wrote:
Um, elaborate? I don't really wanna research how some of my species would interact with the already preset ones in regards to food chains and such. I'm likely focusing on domestic animals and more crazy cool savage ones.

Present it -nodnod- cookies for a cute animal :P

Illan wrote:Hey, is there a robotics company that is involved in this? I would very much like to elaborate on such a thing.

There were several companies/conglomerates that established itself on Rigel-3 during its Titonium craze, a robotic company wouldn't be surprising.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Name: Zed ("Z-3" or "Zee Drei")
Sex: Male?
Height: 1m90-ish
Weight: 80kg-ish
General appearance:

Skills: Zed is a licensed medical practitioner and a pretty decent cook, especially when it comes to spicy foods. He has extensive training with firearms and combat, and knows his way around prosthetics maintenance.
Stuff they own:
- Clothing. Climate-proof trenchcoat, black leather boots and gloves, body armour, a black gas mask with dual filters, purple goggles and a commander's hat. All are surprisingly resistant to damage.
- A medical license (slightly used)
- A leather wrap containing both surgery equipment and regular tools.
- Multi-Use Generator (aka "MUG"). Can condense water from the atmosphere and heat it to produce scalding liquids. Currently set on "fristi". Settings can be changed by interacting with the MUG's AI.
- Cybernetic arm (left). Contains an energy wave generator capable of producing a surge of energy. Can also transfer power to the MUG. At low energy settings it can overload/destroy electrical devices or knock out people (effects similar to a tazer). At higher settings it produces strong microwaves. Uses energy cells containing Timonium, lasting a significant amount of time. At maximum settings it can deplete an entire cell of Timonium in an instant, discharging all the energy at once.
- Nanomachines, monitoring his medical data and saving it on a small storage drive mounted on his right arm.
- A Sniper Rifle, no ammo. Buttstock slightly bloodied.
- Monomolecular wire, quite a lot of it.

Personality:
Zed is a deeply troubled individual, but despite all that manages to come across as a fairly jovial person. Most that have come into contact with him describe him as eccentric, funny or extremely delusional. He shows strong signs of sociopathy, being unable to experience certain emotions, primarily all negative kinds, and lacking any sort of empathy. Despite that, he is not a wicked man, nor a merciless one.

That said, it's not entirely impossible that he has a sadistic side, though whenever he inflicts pain for the sake of inflicting pain, Zed rarely gains any enjoyment from seeing that person experience pain, but can instead be compared to a curious child pocking a stick at the pulsing red mess where a man's arm was once attached to the rest of his body. He just has a very warped sense of reality.

While never truly apparent, Zed represses a great deal of mental anguish, and struggles to deal with it. The nanomachines inside his body counteract this by secreting a cocktail of drugs that keep him as mentally sane as he can possibly be, but also leave him in a permanently drugged state, but over time he has gotten used to the effects. They contribute to his quirky character and probably suppress his homicidal tendencies.

Traits, quirks, habits: Too many to list. See Personality.
Likes: Zed is a very curious individual, sometimes leading him to execute a vivisection on a non-consenting, fully conscious pedestrian. He enjoys learning and looooooves factoids.
Dislikes: He dislikes overly serious people and being jump-scared. Several people have been accidentally stabbed in the face in the past.
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: Adventure.

Bio:
Zee Drei, like Zee Eins, is the product of a myriad of medical research projects, spearheaded by BLACKLIGHT. Unlike his "brother from another mother", his mind did not fracture into a split personality but instead remained whole, containing all those years of anguish and warping his personality into something cruel and sadistic. Like Z-1, his left arm was replaced with a cybernetic prothetic, a slightly improved upon version, and his body contains nanomachines to monitor his condition and treat any ailments. His body has remarkable healing properties and shows clear signs of bio-augmentation, indicating the experiment's gradual shift from mechanical to biological human amplification. For some reason, he has a second heart. The researches just wanted to see if they could do it.

He was directly responsible for the downfall of the research facility, having murdered most of its research crew, and liberated his fellow captives, spending his first few years of freedom along with several of them. It was during this time that his personality recuperated from the gruesome experience within the BLACKLIGHT facility and, eventually, he became enamored with Ezekiel, one of his fellow captives. It wasn't conventional love, nor would I know how to describe it to you.

Like Ezekiel, Zed has no shortage of money, as he rarely spent any of it and pretty much never gets robbed without ending up with more money than he started off with, plus some donor organs. During the course of the five year interval, Zed has met up with Ezekiel and now wears Ezekiel's hat, mask and wields the infamous M.U.G. Ezekiel's status is unknown.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:32 pm

adding to roster ^_^

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Illan wrote:

Present it -nodnod- cookies for a cute animal :P

Illan wrote:Hey, is there a robotics company that is involved in this? I would very much like to elaborate on such a thing.

There were several companies/conglomerates that established itself on Rigel-3 during its Titonium craze, a robotic company wouldn't be surprising.

I'm thinking I'll make a robotics company, because I want robots!

Also, you must know the cuter the animal is, the more likely it is to eat your face.
Above even The Boss

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Illan wrote:

Also, you must know the cuter the animal is, the more likely it is to eat your face.

Also make sure the cute animals have a horrible names to torment Jess with :lol:
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:24 pm

I've just thought up a fairly neat plot that could serve as the endgame for a "season finale".

Because of it I won't share the specifics, 'cus spoilers, but it does involve alien artifacts.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Illan wrote:

Also make sure the cute animals have a horrible names to torment Jess with :lol:

I will do my majority of worldbuilding tomorrow, as I leave from the beach then :)
Above even The Boss

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Also, is it possible to have a character that's jncredibly interested in the alien artifacts and such and was perhaps "changed" by them?
Above even The Boss

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:37 pm

I'd figured I would just get the app up real fast first. My utmost priority now is getting a good description up for the organization/cult I've taken to calling The Schism, and their belief in The Ultimate Mandate.

Name: Constanza Xiones
Sex: Female
Height: 5'7
Weight: 138 lb

General appearance: Here, but disregard the weapon.

Skills: Constanza prides herself in her deductive capabilities. She's read up on 'The Mandate' extensively, and can preach it by heart. She's quite skilled in using bladed weapons, and thanks to her being a part of the higher echelon's of 'The Schism' she is able to translate 'The Mandate' into a number of different languages. She is also an official bladesmith of 'The Schism'.

Stuff they own:
  • Panga Machete with custom engravings strapped to her back.
  • A hardback copy of 'The Mandate' in her side bag.
  • Clothing: Adorned in the common white robes that members of 'The Schism' wear. There is a leather pauldron strapped to her left shoulder, her hands are bandaged, there is a green sash around her waist, and she wears black 'Strappy Sandals'. The clothing does it's job at protecting against extreme weather.
  • She keeps a Dirk attached to her right hip.
  • She keeps a canteen attached to her left hip.
  • Travel pack containing food, and other food neccessities for a journey.

Personality: To most people, Constanza comes across as understanding and rather friendly. Of course, that much is required of a traveling preacher seeking converts to their belief. She's fanatically devoted to the teachings of 'The Mandate', but never (publicly) denounces the beliefs of others or seeks to offend. Of course, when others denounce her beliefs, she won't hesitate to defend her faith by means of sophisticated debate. Though if an infidel were to become...excited over such a discussion, than that's one less infidel to insult 'The Mandate'. Constanza will go out of her way to help those less fortunate, and actively enjoys giving sermons in various towns during her travels.

Traits, quirks, habits: Constanza can get lost in fervent speeches, leading her to ramble and often get carried away. However, she is a good public speaker and negotiator. She can often be seen reading a copy of 'The Mandate' during her free time.
Likes: Intellectual discussion, converting infidels, and doing good in the name of 'The Mandate'.
Dislikes: Unnecessary violence, profanity, insults to 'The Mandate'.
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: She's less of a vagabond in her own eyes, and more of someone who has taken it upon herself to 'associate in the vagabond lifestyle'. It's through obtaining a better understanding of her lives that she seeks to convert Vagabonds into the fold of 'The Schism'. If she were to succeed, 'The Schism' would be able to acquire greater numbers of alien artifacts through these new followers.

Bio: Constanza was raised in one of 'The Schism's' enclaves that skirted the edges of the Great Khan desert. Unlike a number of the others that found the enclave to be a parentless home, Constanza was blessed to live with both her mother and father. Even better, her father was a member of the priesthood, and had aspired for his daughter to take his place one day. From a very young age, Constanza was prepared for the day she would undertake her trial to become a full fledged member of the priesthood.

She was taught about 'The Mandate' from a number of different priests and priestess', and in turn learned about how 'The Mandate' sought to strengthen mankind, by placing the artifacts of 'the ancients' in the hands of those that have been ordained to handle them. When the artifacts are finally placed in safe hands, humanity would benefit from an everlasting peace. Rigel would become a haven for all to enjoy and prosper. Of course, there would be strife involved during the long course to bring peace to the planet, but rest assured that she was taught skills with various blades that members of the priesthood are renown for outside the enclaves. She is not to be trifled with in close quarters.

Constanza is very idealistic in the hope that everyone would be willing to work together to bring an everlasting peace to a harsh world. Today, she is currently undergoing her trial to bring spread the light of 'The Mandate' to the Vagabonds of this planet (And to collect technology and artifacts along the way).
Last edited by Imperial--japan on Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:I'd figured I would just get the app up real fast first. My utmost priority now is getting a good description up for the organization/cult I've taken to calling The Schism, and their belief in The Ultimate Mandate.

Skills: Constanza prides herself in her deductive capabilities. She's read up on 'The Mandate' extensively, and can preach it by heart. She's quite skilled in using bladed weapons, and thanks to her being a part of the higher echelon's of 'The Schism' she is able to translate 'The Mandate' into a number of different languages.

Stuff they own:
  • Panga Machete strapped to her back.
  • Clothing: Adorned in the common white robes that members of 'The Schism' wear. There is a leather pauldron strapped to her left shoulder, her hands are bandaged, there is a green sash around her waist, and she wears black 'Strappy Sandals'. The clothing does it's job at protecting against extreme weather.

Personality: To most people, Constanza comes across as understanding and rather friendly. Of course, that much is required of a traveling preacher seeking converts to their belief. She's fanatically devoted to the teachings of 'The Mandate', but never (publicly) denounces the beliefs of others or seeks to offend. Of course, when others denounce her beliefs, she won't hesitate to defend her faith by means of sophisticated debate. Though if an infidel were to become...excited over such a discussion, than that's one less infidel to insult 'The Mandate'. Constanza will go out of her way to help those less fortunate, and actively enjoys giving sermons in various towns during her travels.

Traits, quirks, habits: Constanza can get lost in fervent speeches, leading her to ramble and often get carried away. However, she is a good public speaker and negotiator. She can often be seen reading a copy of 'The Mandate' during her free time.
Likes: Intellectual discussion, converting infidels, and doing good in the name of 'The Mandate'.
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: She's less of a vagabond in her own eyes, and more of someone who has taken it upon herself to 'associate in the vagabond lifestyle'. It's through obtaining a better understanding of her lives that she seeks to convert Vagabonds into the fold of 'The Schism'. If she were to succeed, 'The Schism' would be able to acquire greater numbers of alien artifacts through these new followers.

Bio: Constanza was raised in one of 'The Schism's' enclaves that skirted the edges of the Great Khan desert. Unlike a number of the others that found the enclave to be a parentless home, Constanza was blessed to live with both her mother and father. Even better, her father was a member of the priesthood, and had aspired for his daughter to take his place one day. From a very young age, Constanza was prepared for the day she would undertake her trial to become a full fledged member of the priesthood.

She was taught about 'The Mandate' from a number of different priests and priestess', and in turn learned about how 'The Mandate' sought to strengthen mankind, by placing the artifacts of 'the ancients' in the hands of those that have been ordained to handle them. When the artifacts are finally placed in safe hands, humanity would benefit from an everlasting peace. Rigel would become a haven for all to enjoy and prosper.

Constanza is very idealistic in the hope that everyone would be willing to work together to bring an everlasting peace to a harsh world. Today, she is currently undergoing her trial to bring spread the light of 'The Mandate' to the Vagabonds of this planet (And to collect technology and artifacts along the way).

I already love her. She's cute! :lol:
Above even The Boss

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Illan wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:I'd figured I would just get the app up real fast first. My utmost priority now is getting a good description up for the organization/cult I've taken to calling The Schism, and their belief in The Ultimate Mandate.

Skills: Constanza prides herself in her deductive capabilities. She's read up on 'The Mandate' extensively, and can preach it by heart. She's quite skilled in using bladed weapons, and thanks to her being a part of the higher echelon's of 'The Schism' she is able to translate 'The Mandate' into a number of different languages.

Stuff they own:
  • Panga Machete strapped to her back.

She was taught about 'The Mandate' from a number of different priests and priestess', and in turn learned about how 'The Mandate' sought to strengthen mankind, by placing the artifacts of 'the ancients' in the hands of those that have been ordained to handle them. When the artifacts are finally placed in safe hands, humanity would benefit from an everlasting peace. Rigel would become a haven for all to enjoy and prosper.

I already love her. She's cute! :lol:

Heh, thanks. It honestly took me longer than I thought it would to get this app up. I'm rather happy with it though.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Name: Esma Aksu
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 108 lbs

General appearance: (description or picture)

Esma prefers vibrant fabrics dyed in the red and purple tones associated with her tribe. However, like most of her kinsfolk, drab coverings work as camouflage while walking the open desert. The garments are loose-fitting to protect her skin from the sun while also allowing sweat to evaporate. A veil across her nose and mouth keeps out the sand.

Skills: (just one-word descriptions of what your character can do well)
She's a kinswoman from the oasis, and a wilderness survival guide. Her specialty is specific to the Khan region. Attuned to nature and mindful of the living things around her, she can often determine approaching weather or lead a lost team through featureless terrain just by paying attention to the deadly things around her. (Animal behaviorist... it's more than a hobby.) Subskills include hunting and tracking, as well as traditional stick fighting. Bartering (black market style) skills are mastered at a very young age. She can read and write, and enjoys drawing. Her childhood in the Oasis provided a working knowledge of several indigenous languages, and a knack for storytelling. Cheap schtick skill: can play a flute.

Stuff they own:
Weapons
    - Naboot'nar (longer version of the naboot (quarterstaff), made of palm wood)
    - Old hunting rifle chambered 7.62x51mm (slung)
    - 1 box of ammo and a weapon servicing kit (pack)
    - Hunting knife (thigh)
Survival
    -Water canteens (2) (slung)
    - Liquor canteen (1) (slung)
    - Assorted preserved meats, fruits, etc. 3-day supply. (pack)
    - personal storm tent (nomadic in style, so primitive in appearance that it's laughable, works better than the commercial shit) (material used as wrap/voluminous cloak)
    - old pair of reading glasses, slightly scratched and with an out of date prescription.
Personal
    - journal (pack)
    - carbon pencils to sketch with (pack)
    - small book of traditional poetry (pocket)
    - kaval (shepherd's pipe, pack)
Pet
    - "Rapscallion", a Fire-Flocker (aka a bali'chak)

Personality: A confident woman, Esma is passionate about what she does. She's mistrusting of outsiders however, and her respect must be earned. Once earned, people will find her to be a loyal friend.
Traits, quirks, habits: She prefers to harmonize with nature, and to express her joy through poetry or song, thus she can often be found apart from the main group.
Likes: intelligent people; her pet; storytelling (a traditional activity).
Dislikes: religious zealots (although she, in a sense, is one); loud, brash outsiders incapable of respecting the nature around them (nothing decimates quite like predators and storms); pickup artists
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: Hired as a professional guide

Bio: Esma was born in the Ticaret Oasis. She is the second oldest daughter of Ali Aksu and his primary wife, Neþe, and the fifth oldest of all his children (twenty three total, split between three wives). The Aksu tribe settled the Ticaret wadi and has held control of it ever since, however there are several other "pure lines" from other wadi that now call the Ticaret home; Esma's mother is one of those pure lines. Esma's upbringing was dual-culture in nature, with constant quarrels between parents as to how best honor each's traditions. Caught between, Esma choose to escape both by spending vast amounts of time wandering on her own (when not engaged in arduous schoolwork).

Like all native wadi inhabitants, Esma learned to survive and thrive. She choose to expand upon those basics, accompanying her Uncle Bayram in his exploits outside Ticaret (when not kept home by work). She gained her love for exploration from him.

Esma was briefly married and stood as primary wife. A raid to the wadi took that life from her, but did not rob her of her son, Sener. Now ten years of age, he remains at Ticaret, fostered by his grandfather as is mandated by blessed tradition. She supports him by serving as a guide to idiots foreign vagabonds seeking to cross the Greater Khan. Sener is her pride and joy.

Her pet, Scallion, was domesticated by Sener and given to her to serve as tutmak. This is traditional gift between son and parent serves as a reminder of their bond while apart. Esma only wishes he had chosen a less mischievous creature.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:48 pm

I'm interested. Old West vibes, visions of grabbing gold and dishing out gunslinger justice...
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:01 am

Torsiedelle wrote:I'm interested. Old West vibes, visions of grabbing gold and dishing out gunslinger justice...

Most excellent!
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:16 am

Interested to join.

I can assist at the worldbuilding too.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:49 am

Okay, I've read the stuff on the front, and the worldbuilding bits on the other pages.

I might give the app a try tomorrow, since I have the time and all. Might make a cowboy-inspired gunslinger, because the Western Vibes this gives me. Also kind of interested in some worldbuilding, maybe...?
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:52 am

Name: Aubrey Sian
Sex: Male
Height: 6 feet
Weight: 180 lbs

General appearance:

Skills: Close combat, some knowledgeable tech know-how, decent cook, basic first-aid, photography (first love). Capable con-artist.

Stuff they own:
  • 1 Mossberg 590A1 Tactical Shotgun
  • 1 Browning 9mm pistol
  • Stun grenades (4)
  • Backpack containing: limited extra ammo, bottles of water, field rations, extra clothes, large blanket, lighter & cigarettes. A small photo album with a family picture on the front cover. A half functioning Polaroid camera.

Personality: Aubrey tends to be practical, aloof, irreverent, observant, quiet and even sociable if the need calls. Can be as violent and ruthless as any Vagabond worth their salt out there, but this isn't his usual demeanor, nor does he make it a point to flaunt his lifestyle as one. He hides a deeper story with a favorable smile and warm eyes to whomever he comes in contact with.
Traits, quirks, habits: Aubrey likes to explore, letting the 'cookie crumble where it falls'. He likes taking pictures and has a small album that catalogs the various places he's been to or simply passed by.
Dislikes: Keeps a simple code to not cross him
  • Don't tell him what he can and cannot do
  • A deal is a deal
  • If it's Dynamic Unlimited: run, hide or die
  • If it's Severine Fields: kill her... maybe
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: No better job that lets him explore while keeping under the radar of Dynamic Unlimited.

Bio: The first born in a small family of con-artists, Aubrey learned quickly to adapt to his parent's wayward lifestyle. As the older brother, many of the 'medial' tasks were left to him to complete, often with severe consequences if said tasks did not go according to plan. He was accustomed to being used as the bait, lure, or even an item for sale if it meant conning their way to the next meal, bank account, or city. When the family expanded to a younger sibling, Aubrey managed it so that the brunt of the expectations to the 'family business' were on him, limiting Severine to the darker sides as much as possible. To his dismay, she actually took to their parent's miscreant lifestyle with a distinctive edge in computers and other technology. When she left to go her own way, Aubrey had stayed with family, feeling as though it was his duty to keep an eye on their aging parents who still had grandiose schemes and high hopes of being rich. After Sev's departure, the trio had set up a simple job of smuggling with their usual twist when it caught the attention of Dynamic Unlimited (D.U). D.U.'s interest wasn't on the con-job, but rather on their vigilante black sheep Sev, and it did not end there. Aubrey managed to escape their grasps, though just barely. He wanders Rigel-3, uncertain as to how he would exact his revenge against Dynamic Unlimited or if he would ever reunite with his sister.

Aubrey's life has been that of a wanderer, with no set goals or aspirations. His less than stellar past with his departed parents gave little way in formal education and what he knows and has experience with has always been street savvy or on the fly. The man holds his past private, preferring not to talk about it and often changes the subject to avoid it.out of embarrassment, shame, anger and no small amount of despair. Being a Vagabond has given him an outlet to which he can escape his past, and that seems to be worth more than any fortune made as a gun-for-hire.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:52 am

Torsiedelle wrote:Okay, I've read the stuff on the front, and the worldbuilding bits on the other pages.

I might give the app a try tomorrow, since I have the time and all. Might make a cowboy-inspired gunslinger, because the Western Vibes this gives me. Also kind of interested in some worldbuilding, maybe...?

Go for it :)

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:58 am

Oh, we can make app already, Min?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:00 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Oh, we can make app already, Min?

Yes, knowing that English is not your primary, I will be asking that you try your best if your app is approved.

IJ, your app isn't approved yet only because I want to see what the Mandate is about first.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:28 am

Swith, that animal looks pretty good. Will you add it to the list? Coz although it's a quadruped, it certainly seems like its in line with the general fauna that's present. Also it looks pretty alien, which is something to aim for considering that we'd probs want as least-Earthly wildlife as possible(something I aimed for, although half of those animals are from The Expedition, and were not made by me but slightly edited for Rigel).
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:43 am

WIP

Name: Johanna
Sex: F
Height: 1.84 metres
Weight: 74 Kgfttt

General appearance: http://i.imgur.com/BDWDlQv.jpg
Except with light green eyes and her hair colour is a medium-light brown, not reddish as above
Her body is slim and very fit and athletic. I'd say body is similar to Tanya from MKX, voice would be Tanya's too because I'm lazy

Skills: Johanna has mastered Silat and widely uses her fighting skills to get rid of human threat. Previously an assassin working for Dynamic International, while also a spy for AA, Johanna is skilled in close quarter and hand to hand combat, as well as reconnaissance, utilising her natural acrobatic prowess and flexibility to her advantage. She's also a decent enough medic, but not too good. She's a decent shot and knows her way with weapons too. Having spent some time in AA's laboratories, she somewhat knows how to get around with scientific equipment to a limited extent, primarily chemicals
Stuff they own:
-Weapons: Walther P99 Chambered for .40 S&W; Walther PPK Chambered for .380 ACP (holdout)(with a moderate amount of ammo); two karambit combat knives; push dagger; Glock knife
-Clothing: besides the regular stuff, Light weight quick release plate carrier containing type III ceramic body armor plates, and equipped with six stanag magazine pouches,two pistol magazine pouches and a medical pouch, green tactical gloves
-Basic necessities
-Backpack
Personality: Johanna is very intelligent and analytical, yet very arrogant, often blinded by her success and skill. She is a bit egotistical, but generally not more than a good half of the population. Despite her faux-confrontational and threatening demeanour, she is very socially awkward, not all too used to friendly, romantic or family relationships, having spent too much time killing people instead of talking to them. This somewhat left a rather painful hole in her psychology, yearning to be filled up. Due to her arrogant nature, Johanna often underpresents threats. However she makes up for it thanks to her focus on effectiveness and accuracy in tasks, while also usually enjoying beating people's faces to a pulp and breaking their neck with her slew of acrobatic moves, making her even more effective. She's a hardcore pragmatic and is somewhat cynical, though to a limited extent. Even while being socially shy, Johanna isn't afraid of threatening or insulting people, but doesn't typically do it unless provoked in any case, unless she's doing it in a faux cocky or sarcastic manner. She'd also quite straightforwardDespite the occasional edginess of her personality, Johanna is a somewhat well weighted person, who keeps to the middle of most spectrums. She is heavily inquisitive and curious, seeking to understand and know information, while also being so somewhat depressed about her life in regards to her lack of memory and lack of social connections. In general though, Johanna is fairly sanguine and quite an upbeat person, or at least she tries to be.
Traits, quirks, habits: Johanna is quite fond of natural scenery, as such she will often gaze at wildlife and landscapes of Rigel.
Likes: Monetary/financial incentive, liberty, combat, adrenaline, knowledge, intelligence, pragmatism, realism
Dislikes: Idiocracy, Ignorance, opposition, Dynamic International, moralism, zealousness
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: Forced to do so in order to go into hiding from Dynamic International and provide a decent enough living for herself through utilising her extensive skills
Bio: Johanna was born...where exactly? Truth is, she doesn't remember. Her memory fails her in everything but her name. She doesn't know why this memory loss happened, but uncertain flashbacks often hint at her past, but they are typically nightmarish and leave Johanna without any answers, just stress. Approximately five years ago, from what she can recall, she was approached by Dynamic International, who hired her and polished her talents in return for complete and unquestionable loyalty from her part, making her an effective killing machine and vastly raising her ranks within the organisation. A year later, Johanna made a decision to spy on DI to AA, who also offered, besides other things, strong financial incentives. Johanna herself was tired of DI, suspecting them of altering her and being the cause of the memory loss. This charade lasted for quite a long time, before AA decided to abandon her so as to not pay her once she was uncovered by the DI. She barely managed to escape a DI secret facility in the desert. Now, posing a threat to DI, she's living as a Vagabond, rather aimlessly wandering across the landscape until a job arises.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:14 am, edited 10 times in total.
Political Graph

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse