NATION

PASSWORD

The First Marescowlian Peace Conference (Closed: AoD only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Marescowl
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

The First Marescowlian Peace Conference (Closed: AoD only)

Postby Marescowl » Sun May 31, 2015 8:11 pm

In Conference Room 5A, the Sultanic Palace, Marescowl

The Sultanic Father looked impassively at the assembled representatives. The region had been wracked with senseless wars, with uncounted casualties and property damage. He had called these countries to Marescowl, His State, in the hopes that a lasting peace could be reached. Failing that, He hoped that a short peace could be reached. He stood up, silencing the conversation between the representatives. "You are all here, in My Palace, to negotiate a peaceful settlement to the Hadian Civil War. The belligerent parties will begin by stating their objectives for this conference."

Suid-Africa
Lobbyist

Founded: May 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Suid-Africa » Sun May 31, 2015 8:14 pm

Marescowl wrote:In Conference Room 5A, the Sultanic Palace, Marescowl

(Image)

The Sultanic Father looked impassively at the assembled representatives. The region had been wracked with senseless wars, with uncounted casualties and property damage. He had called these countries to Marescowl, His State, in the hopes that a lasting peace could be reached. Failing that, He hoped that a short peace could be reached. He stood up, silencing the conversation between the representatives. "You are all here, in My Palace, to negotiate a peaceful settlement to the Hadian Civil War. The belligerent parties will begin by stating their objectives for this conference."

Botha stood up Eyeing the Sultan:In all due respect your Highness.I believe the issue of Thraz should be addressed first.

Naniyyolia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Naniyyolia » Sun May 31, 2015 8:17 pm

(Image)

Kira looked around the conference table at the large arrangement of members, and then hunched over it, leaning on her elbows. Her strange, silvery, gunmetal armour gleamed in the light of the conference room, looking quite terrifying in fact.

She looked two seats over, at the Despoticanian representation. Nemes. "Ah, hello," she muttered to him, in English, just as everyone was getting settled in. "Your Despot may be pleased to know that my studies in the English language have gone well of late. I may be inclined to speak personally, here and now, at this conference; although, I feel quite confident that my Magistros is more than capable of handling it, so I might decide against it."

The two monks and eight elite guards stood silent behind Kira. The Magistros took his seat at her side, and Majin at her other side. "The Empire is pleased," the Magistros said plainly, "that so many are so invested in bringing peace. May we begin negotiations?"

Suid-Africa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Suid-Africa » Sun May 31, 2015 8:19 pm

Naniyyolia wrote:

(Image)

Kira looked around the conference table at the large arrangement of members, and then hunched over it, leaning on her elbows. Her strange, silvery, gunmetal armour gleamed in the light of the conference room, looking quite terrifying in fact.

She looked two seats over, at the Despoticanian representation. Nemes. "Ah, hello," she muttered to him, in English, just as everyone was getting settled in. "Your Despot may be pleased to know that my studies in the English language have gone well of late. I may be inclined to speak personally, here and now, at this conference; although, I feel quite confident that my Magistros is more than capable of handling it, so I might decide against it."

The two monks and eight elite guards stood silent behind Kira. The Magistros took his seat at her side, and Majin at her other side. "The Empire is pleased," the Magistros said plainly, "that so many are so invested in bringing peace. May we begin negotiations?"

Botha sat down turning his attention to the Nanan delegation:I believe we are awaiting for the go ahead from our leader my dear friend.

Rurikia
Civilian

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rurikia » Sun May 31, 2015 8:20 pm

Vladimir Pochenko folded his hands on the table, "We support the idea of Representative Botha, the Nanan-Valcourian conflict is quickly turning into a conflict of monstrous proportions. It should be dealt with first."
Last edited by Rurikia on Sun May 31, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suid-Africa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Suid-Africa » Sun May 31, 2015 8:22 pm

Rurikia wrote:Vladimir Pochenko folded his hands on the table, "The representatives of the Empire of Hadian have not arrived, any discussions or proposals without their direct input is an exercise in pointlessness. We support the idea of Representative Botha."

Thank you Mr.Pochenko,I see my concern has not gone unnoticed.I say we continue with the Thraz issue.Regardless.

Marescowl
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marescowl » Sun May 31, 2015 8:27 pm

Suid-Africa wrote:
Marescowl wrote:
Botha stood up Eyeing the Sultan:In all due respect your Highness.I believe the issue of Thraz should be addressed first.

The Sultan turned His impassive gaze to Botha. "Your opinion is duly noted, Foreign Minister. If your country is a belligerent in the Hadian Civil War, you may state your goals. If you wish to overturn the agenda for this conference, you may leave My country and hold your own conference."

Naniyyolia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Naniyyolia » Sun May 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Rurikia wrote:Vladimir Pochenko folded his hands on the table, "The representatives of the Empire of Hadian have not arrived, any discussions or proposals without their direct input is an exercise in pointlessness. We support the idea of Representative Botha."
Kira looked at the Rurikian representation, and then the Magistros interjected.

"A sensible position," the Nanan Magistros noted, "but the Empire will of course accept nothing less than the full restoration and recognition of the territorial extent of the Hadian state, and withdrawal of recognition of all parties involved for the failed southern pretender state. The Hadian negotiations are essentially moot as such. Indeed, it need not even be discussed at all; the Alliance side in the conflict is certainly in no position to make demands, after all. That said, the Empire must agree with the principle as to how to begin discussions, as such: the most pressing issue of Thrasz should be negotiated first and foremost."

The New Changeling Empire
Envoy

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The New Changeling Empire » Sun May 31, 2015 8:29 pm

Queen-Empress Lacewing sits near Princess Twilight in her human form. "I wish to see all these wars ended in a definitive way. The constant warfare is starting to put strain on more personal relationships."

Koopaville
Envoy

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Koopaville » Sun May 31, 2015 8:31 pm

The Grand Duke and his delegates have taken a seat across the Nanans. The Grand Duke is next to his wife and the Grand Duke of Shuruppak Xul, who is next to Baron Lynwood. On Grand Duchess Valeria of Marescowl's right is Marshal Kuribo. Standing behind all them is the SS guards. They make eye contact with Kira...

"I have no position on whose hands Thrasz should fall into at this point in time but this opinion can and will change," cautiously started Baron Lynwood.

Suid-Africa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Suid-Africa » Sun May 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Marescowl wrote:
Suid-Africa wrote:

The Sultan turned His impassive gaze to Botha. "Your opinion is duly noted, Foreign Minister. If your country is a belligerent in the Hadian Civil War, you may state your goals. If you wish to overturn the agenda for this conference, you may leave My country and hold your own conference."

Very well sir.We shall see how this event transpires.Botha then sat down almost angrily in his chair.

FMP Private Military Security
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby FMP Private Military Security » Sun May 31, 2015 8:34 pm

Naniyyolia wrote:Kira looked around the conference table at the large arrangement of members, and then hunched over it, leaning on her elbows. Her strange, silvery, gunmetal armour gleamed in the light of the conference room, looking quite terrifying in fact.

Julia looked towards the Nanan delegation, thoroughly unimpressed by Kira's showy and rather ridiculous armour, her blue-gray eyes only just slightly bored. Only an insane bastard would wear armour to a peace conference. Yet these were the ever Imperialistic and jingoistic Nanans, idiots with bombs and an ego too large for their own country.

Julia spoke, softly and gently, "Considering that world destruction and nuclear fallout is bad for business and our profit margins, if you would be so kind, please do begin. Perhaps we can do this without starting a world war even larger than just a week ago."

Ending her answer with a small smile.
Last edited by FMP Private Military Security on Sun May 31, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proudly continuing the Servothian Tradition that is ME!

Marescowl
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marescowl » Sun May 31, 2015 8:36 pm

Naniyyolia wrote:
Kira looked at the Rurikian representation, and then the Magistros interjected.

"A sensible position," the Nanan Magistros noted, "but the Empire will of course accept nothing less than the full restoration and recognition of the territorial extent of the Hadian state, and withdrawal of recognition of all parties involved for the failed southern pretender state. The Hadian negotiations are essentially moot as such. Indeed, it need not even be discussed at all; the Alliance side in the conflict is certainly in no position to make demands, after all. That said, the Empire must agree with the principle as to how to begin discussions, as such: the most pressing issue of Thrasz should be negotiated first and foremost."

The Sultan nodded to the Nanan Magistros. "Thank you for stating your country's objective in this conference. The position of any alliance to make demands is an irrelevant point, however. The purpose of this conference is to determine whether the Hadian Civil War can be ended peacefully. The dispute over Thrasz will be settled afterward, as the agenda states."

Corummistan
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Corummistan » Sun May 31, 2015 8:37 pm

A disembodied voice emerged from somewhere within the machine housing the well loved Linge Chen.

"The important question is whether the Valcourian terrorists will depart Hadian of their own free will or will choose instead to become guests of Emperor Jon's work camps. The window for them to choose is closing at a very rapid pace."

Naniyyolia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Naniyyolia » Sun May 31, 2015 8:38 pm

Koopaville wrote:The Grand Duke and his delegates have taken a seat across the Nanans. The Grand Duke is next to his wife and the Grand Duke of Shuruppak Xul, who is next to Baron Lynwood. On Grand Duchess Valeria of Marescowl's right is Marshal Kuribo. Standing behind all them is the SS guards. They make eye contact with Kira...

"I have no position on whose hands Thrasz should fall into at this point in time but this opinion can and will change," cautiously started Baron Lynwood.
"The Empire seeks only to curtail Valcourian imperialistic goals in the future, particularly around the Imperial Homeland itself," the Magistros stated. "Surely all, or at least most parties can agree that this is a noble goal. And Thrasz is not only a Valcourian colony, but a springboard, a tool with which they attempt further colonialism. The same would be true of South Hadian, should it be allowed to continue existing; a mere Valcourian puppet."

Koopaville
Envoy

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Koopaville » Sun May 31, 2015 8:40 pm

"As none of the Cyrodoon delegation has shown up, it is my prerogative to say the Cyrodoon government's position, should it not directly conflict with that of my lord's. And it does not. As such, the Cyrodoon government wishes to see a peaceful reunification between the states of North and South Hadian under Emperor Jon's rule," added the Grand Duke of Shuruppak Xul.

"But what of the Valcourian soldiers in South Hadian?", asked Baron Lynwood.

"They are to be deported peacefully, without any violent struggle. Lord Koopaman has not given his support or his opposition to the state of South Hadian. Therefore, I am within my right to speak for the Cyrodoon government until its delegate shows up," replied the Grand Duke of Shuruppak Xul.

Suid-Africa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Suid-Africa » Sun May 31, 2015 8:45 pm

The South African government believes that it is in the best interests of all parties too remove all foreign forces from South Hadian and allow the government to choose its next course of action.

The New Changeling Empire
Envoy

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The New Changeling Empire » Sun May 31, 2015 8:48 pm

Suid-Africa wrote:The South African government believes that it is in the best interests of all parties too remove all foreign forces from South Hadian and allow the government to choose its next course of action.

"The 13th Changeling hive is supportive of this notion." Lacewing announces.

Hapha
Lobbyist

Founded: May 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hapha » Sun May 31, 2015 8:50 pm

Marescowl wrote:
Naniyyolia wrote:Kira looked at the Rurikian representation, and then the Magistros interjected.

The Sultan nodded to the Nanan Magistros. "Thank you for stating your country's objective in this conference. The position of any alliance to make demands is an irrelevant point, however. The purpose of this conference is to determine whether the Hadian Civil War can be ended peacefully. The dispute over Thrasz will be settled afterward, as the agenda states."

Yuri Koshco, a tall thin man who looks like he has not sleept for a few days hunches forward.
"Given the fact that a large number of delegations involved in the Hadian Civil War are not present. I believe that it would be counter productive to proceed in negotiations. Most of the delegates here are involved in the Thasz conflict however, therefore I believe it would be better to start there."

FMP Private Military Security
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby FMP Private Military Security » Sun May 31, 2015 8:52 pm

Suid-Africa wrote:The South African government believes that it is in the best interests of all parties too remove all foreign forces from South Hadian and allow the government to choose its next course of action.

"FMP finds Mr. Botha's answer to the current crisis in South Hadian to be the inherently logical answer, and places its endorsement behind such action." Julia said, giving a short nod to the South African representative.
Proudly continuing the Servothian Tradition that is ME!

Marescowl
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marescowl » Sun May 31, 2015 8:52 pm

The Sultan nodded appreciatively. "Thank you for stating your country's objective in this conversation." He turned to look at the assembly in general. "Do not argue with the other representatives before all belligerents have stated their goals. I am running a peace conference, not a skirmish. If you wish to have a skirmish, you can leave My country."

Suid-Africa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Suid-Africa » Sun May 31, 2015 8:52 pm

The New Changeling Empire wrote:

I thank the Hive for its support and I ask the Sultan to consider the Haphan government position.

Suid-Africa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Suid-Africa » Sun May 31, 2015 8:53 pm

Marescowl wrote:

The Sultan nodded appreciatively. "Thank you for stating your country's objective in this conversation." He turned to look at the assembly in general. "Do not argue with the other representatives before all belligerents have stated their goals. I am running a peace conference, not a skirmish. If you wish to have a skirmish, you can leave My country."

Where have I attacked another nation?Sultan.

Naniyyolia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Naniyyolia » Sun May 31, 2015 8:54 pm

The New Changeling Empire wrote:

"It is good," the Magistros added, "that Miss Lacewing appears willing and able to rein in the more ... irrational and belligerent tendencies of her husband and ally by marriage."

Valcouria
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Valcouria » Sun May 31, 2015 8:55 pm

Minister Englund shuffled some papers in front of him as he sat next to the Sultan, glancing at them before rising up and donning his glasses. After clearing his throat, he began to read off the paper.
"His Imperial Majesty has appointed me, Richard Englund, to speak on His behalf here in Marescowl, for the purposes of possibly finding a peaceful solution to the recent hostilities," he said. "His Imperial Majesty has stipulated that the following points are the Empire's base claims for the cessation of hostilities and restoration of peace throughout the world." Englund then put down the first paper and began reading again.
"First, that South Hadian will be restored to its pre-war borders with North Hadian, and be fully evacuated by all powers, and become a strictly neutral state in world affairs. Second, that Naniyyolia be removed from the Kingdom of Thrasz and its boundaries be restored. Third, that Koopaville be returned the territories it was robbed of by the foreign powers in the preceding war against it. And Fourth, that, in the interests of world peace, Naniyyolia be forced to disarm its more unconventional weapons that serve to pose as a severe threat to the balance of power in the world." Englund paused again before adding a final statement. "His Imperial Majesty has lastly stipulated that any amendments to these points require his official input." Englund nodded slightly to the Sultan before retaking his seat.
Pro: Social Conservatism, Traditionalist Conservatism, Fiscal Conservatism, National Conservatism, Theo-democracy, Pro-Life, Capital Punishment
Anti: Social Liberalism, Socialism, Communism, LGBT/Gay Marriage, Pro-Choice, Secularism, Atheism

"In matters of style, swim with the current: in matters of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson
"Liberty must be limited in order to be possessed."-Edmund Burke

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents