NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lingria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lingria » Tue May 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Lingria wrote:Post is up.

Just a heads up but Flame and Xanama are both inside a garage and not standing on the street.

Yeah, I know, I made him walk up to the garage, not very hard to hear two ladies talking to each other when everything around you is dead and silent.
Anywho, how was my post? Not too godmoddy?
The Danish Confederacy - Waifu of the South, The United Eastern States of Europe- Waifu Islander, Mirakai -Waifu of kinks, New Babylonia - da kewtiest waifu, & Derpopoliss - mai best bud. are my Waifu's, & I love them

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
I support Ted Cruz
TRUSTED

Be careful, CC lurks in the sigs
I was running through the streets with my rows - Julius Caesar, on Londonium.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue May 26, 2015 11:49 pm

Roman Superiority wrote:Name: Aiden Pearce
Nation Name: Roman Superiority
Birthplace: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Pic/Description: The Cover art of Watch_Dogs

Reason for being in Chicago: Lives There
Immunity: Partial

Personality: Cold, Distant, Consumed by a desire to discover what caused the plague which killed his sister and nephews, and to bring order to what remains of humanity.
Skills: Skilled in Hand to Hand combat, Weapon combat, and Hacking
Dislikes: Disorder, Criminals
Fears: Death

Bio: Born in Belfast, Aiden moved with his mother and sister to Chicago to escape their abusive father, there he became a blackhat hacker using his skills to make a fortune, but it all changed with the outbreak when his family died he saw no use in life until he discovered looters, he used his rage to kill them now he is a vigilante in the Chicago Quarantine Zone.

Quick and to the point by ACCEPTED nonetheless.

Lingria wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:
Just a heads up but Flame and Xanama are both inside a garage and not standing on the street.

Yeah, I know, I made him walk up to the garage, not very hard to hear two ladies talking to each other when everything around you is dead and silent.
Anywho, how was my post? Not too godmoddy?

No godmodding or whatnot. Decent enough post to establish where you are. I only said something because I think the garage was barricaded for the moment so you wouldn't be able to see them from the outside. Perhaps hear them talking if you happened close by. Just saying.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue May 26, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed May 27, 2015 3:56 am

Roman Superiority wrote:Name: Aiden Pearce
Nation Name: Roman Superiority
Birthplace: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Pic/Description: The Cover art of Watch_Dogs

Reason for being in Chicago: Lives There

Personality: Cold, Distant, Consumed by a desire to discover what caused the plague which killed his sister and nephews, and to bring order to what remains of humanity.
Skills: Skilled in Hand to Hand combat, Weapon combat, and Hacking
Dislikes: Disorder, Criminals
Fears: Death

Bio: Born in Belfast, Aiden moved with his mother and sister to Chicago to escape their abusive father, there he became a blackhat hacker using his skills to make a fortune, but it all changed with the outbreak when his family died he saw no use in life until he discovered looters, he used his rage to kill them now he is a vigilante in the Chicago Quarantine Zone.

Watch_Dogs much?
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed May 27, 2015 6:30 am

Name: Joel Harding
Nation Name: Ithalian Empire
Birthplace: Green Bay Wisconsin
Pic/Description: Tall and lanky, long legs make him a descent runner, his hands are callused from his work. His eyes are grey and surrounded by deep wrinkles from hours of working outdoors, his brown hair is flecked with gray streaks.

Reason for being in Chicago: He was going to see Lucy at the Chicago Field Museum, visit some more museums, and a tech expo. Just some tourist stuff really.

Immunity: Full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Quiet and reserved. He has a tendency to be frustrated at the condition of Mankind. He can visualize his ideas in a way that sometime he has trouble differentiating from his imagination and reality.
Skills: Can learn rapidly, handy with a welder but with no electricity that is not doing him any good.
Dislikes: Politicians, wasteful spending, idiotic behavior
Fears: Deep water

Bio: Joel grew up in a poor family in rural Wisconsin. He decided to go to the Milwaukee Institute of Technology and graduated with honors. He spent most of his adult life traveling around the country from job site to job site, working on dams and bridges till he finally got a job at Lockheed Martin. He helped design new commercial and military aircraft and became a trusted and reliable member of the company. He went to Chicago on his vacation to see the museum's and to visit some family that lived in the city. When the virus came and the feces hit the air moving device he help up in his hotel room.

RP Examples:
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Wed May 27, 2015 7:27 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:Name: Joel Harding
Nation Name: Ithalian Empire
Birthplace: Green Bay Wisconsin
Pic/Description: Tall and lanky, long legs make him a descent runner, his hands are callused from his work. His eyes are grey and surrounded by deep wrinkles from hours of working outdoors, his brown hair is flecked with gray streaks.

Reason for being in Chicago: He was going to see Lucy at the Chicago Field Museum, visit some more museums, and a tech expo. Just some tourist stuff really.

Immunity: Full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Quiet and reserved. He has a tendency to be frustrated at the condition of Mankind. He can visualize his ideas in a way that sometime he has trouble differentiating from his imagination and reality.
Skills: Can learn rapidly, handy with a welder but with no electricity that is not doing him any good.
Dislikes: Politicians, wasteful spending, idiotic behavior
Fears: Deep water

Bio: Joel grew up in a poor family in rural Wisconsin. He decided to go to the Milwaukee Institute of Technology and graduated with honors. He spent most of his adult life traveling around the country from job site to job site, working on dams and bridges till he finally got a job at Lockheed Martin. He helped design new commercial and military aircraft and became a trusted and reliable member of the company. He went to Chicago on his vacation to see the museum's and to visit some family that lived in the city. When the virus came and the feces hit the air moving device he help up in his hotel room.

RP Examples:

ACCEPTED.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed May 27, 2015 7:36 am

ACCEPTED.

Cool, thanks.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed May 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
ACCEPTED.

Cool, thanks.

What made you think of being from Green Bay?

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed May 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:Cool, thanks.

What made you think of being from Green Bay?

The setting is already somewhat familiar to me, and I live in the vicinity of Green Bay any way. So I figure way the heck not.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed May 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:What made you think of being from Green Bay?

The setting is already somewhat familiar to me, and I live in the vicinity of Green Bay any way. So I figure way the heck not.

Hey, me too!

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed May 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote: The setting is already somewhat familiar to me, and I live in the vicinity of Green Bay any way. So I figure way the heck not.

Hey, me too!

Cool.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed May 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Hey, me too!

Cool.

North, South, East :p , or West of Green Bay?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed May 27, 2015 1:05 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:Cool.

North, South, East :p , or West of Green Bay?

North East, kind of in the middle of no where. I do like to keep most of my personal info privet, so i am not going to say much more.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed May 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:North, South, East :p , or West of Green Bay?

North East, kind of in the middle of no where. I do like to keep most of my personal info privet, so i am not going to say much more.

Same here, though I'm northwest of Green Bay.

Colonial Rhodesia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonial Rhodesia » Wed May 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Name: Richard Fulton
Nation Name:Colonial Rhodesia
Birthplace:Bulawayo,Rhodesia
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Age: (No set age range but preferably somewhat self sufficient)35
Pic/Description:Tall,light Brown hair,Green eyes,wears a Rhodesian army vast and bandolier

Reason for being in Chicago:while on a trip to see his Girlfriend Kelly Mulligan,Fulton ran into a Government agent who told him he was under arrest however it was quite the opposite he was then taken to a private bunker where he then rallied his friends and created their own private army and ever since Fulton has learned to expect the unexpected

Immunity:full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality:Quiet and Scholarly with a touch of dry humor blended with pure wisdom
Skills:conducting ambushes and creating improvised explosives
Likes:maintaining his peace of mind and living to fight another day
Dislikes:Petty political leaders, authority figures, stupidity
Fears:getting infected

Bio:Fulton was born in Bulawayo,Rhodesia the son of Middle class British immigrants who came to Southern Rhodesia after WW1 ended in 1918 Fulton quickly grew to love his dear homeland with a Patriotic zeal during the nations war on terror he served with great heroism from 1968 to 1979 earning two medals for bravery. in 1979 the Rhodesian bush war ended with the nation being renamed Zimbabwe fearing for his life Fulton fled to America until the virus hit Chicago in which he took up arms and left his apartment

RP Examples:
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."-Cecil John Rhodes
Fighting Communism North of the Zambesi since 1965

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed May 27, 2015 4:48 pm

If it's not too late to add a paranoiac survivalist chick, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Name: Sarah Louise Deckard
Nation Name: New Grestin
Birthplace: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Ethnicity: Caucasian, English/German descent
Pic/Description:

Reason for being in Chicago: Work, ended up stuck when infection hit.

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Fairly intelligent, Paranoid, misanthropic, loner, gun nut, dry sense of humor, atheist
Skills: Reasonable shot with handguns, excellent with rifles, able to repair most broken weapons, wilderness survival skills
Dislikes: Police, incompetence, politicians, zombies, dogs, rich people
Fears: Mannequins, Darkness

Bio:
    Raised on a survivalist compound in Indiana, Sarah was constantly trained by her parents, who believed the government was out to get them. She lived off MREs, learned how to survive in the wilderness, and even learned how to fire a gun. However, the police eventually raided the compound. They discovered Sarah's father had been building bombs with the intention to mail them to the government. Most of the compound's members were arrested and Sarah was sent to Foster Care.

For the next few years, she went from foster home to foster home, eventually being dropped from the program at the age of 18. Lacking a job, home, or family, she remained homeless for several years before she began working various blue-collar jobs. Sarah eventually ended up in Chicago, working as a waitress and living out of a run down apartment. The infection hit while she was working, but she was eventually able to make her way to her apartment and construct rudimentary barricades. Since the world fell, she's begun to break down mentally, leading to her becoming increasingly distrustful of other people. At this point, her only concern is making it through the outbreak alive. She doesn't have any problem with getting a little revenge on the people she sees as responsible for destroying her family, though, namely people associated with the former government.

RP Examples:
A quick list of RPs I've been involved in.
It's not a complete list because I only recently started keeping track. I can assure you, however, that this is not my first rodeo.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Wed May 27, 2015 10:03 pm

New Grestin wrote:If it's not too late to add a paranoiac survivalist chick, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Name: Sarah Louise Deckard
Nation Name: New Grestin
Birthplace: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Ethnicity: Caucasian, English/German descent
Pic/Description:

Reason for being in Chicago: Work, ended up stuck when infection hit.

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Fairly intelligent, Paranoid, misanthropic, loner, gun nut, dry sense of humor, atheist
Skills: Reasonable shot with handguns, excellent with rifles, able to repair most broken weapons, wilderness survival skills
Dislikes: Police, incompetence, politicians, zombies, dogs, rich people
Fears: Mannequins, Darkness

Bio:
    Raised on a survivalist compound in Indiana, Sarah was constantly trained by her parents, who believed the government was out to get them. She lived off MREs, learned how to survive in the wilderness, and even learned how to fire a gun. However, the police eventually raided the compound. They discovered Sarah's father had been building bombs with the intention to mail them to the government. Most of the compound's members were arrested and Sarah was sent to Foster Care.

For the next few years, she went from foster home to foster home, eventually being dropped from the program at the age of 18. Lacking a job, home, or family, she remained homeless for several years before she began working various blue-collar jobs. Sarah eventually ended up in Chicago, working as a waitress and living out of a run down apartment. The infection hit while she was working, but she was eventually able to make her way to her apartment and construct rudimentary barricades. Since the world fell, she's begun to break down mentally, leading to her becoming increasingly distrustful of other people. At this point, her only concern is making it through the outbreak alive. She doesn't have any problem with getting a little revenge on the people she sees as responsible for destroying her family, though, namely people associated with the former government.

RP Examples:
A quick list of RPs I've been involved in.
It's not a complete list because I only recently started keeping track. I can assure you, however, that this is not my first rodeo.

Bonus props from being from Indy. ACCEPTED.

Colonial Rhodesia wrote:Name: Richard Fulton
Nation Name:Colonial Rhodesia
Birthplace:Bulawayo,Rhodesia
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Age: (No set age range but preferably somewhat self sufficient)35
Pic/Description:Tall,light Brown hair,Green eyes,wears a Rhodesian army vast and bandolier

Reason for being in Chicago:while on a trip to see his Girlfriend Kelly Mulligan,Fulton ran into a Government agent who told him he was under arrest however it was quite the opposite he was then taken to a private bunker where he then rallied his friends and created their own private army and ever since Fulton has learned to expect the unexpected

Immunity:full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality:Quiet and Scholarly with a touch of dry humor blended with pure wisdom
Skills:conducting ambushes and creating improvised explosives
Likes:maintaining his peace of mind and living to fight another day
Dislikes:Petty political leaders, authority figures, stupidity
Fears:getting infected

Bio:Fulton was born in Bulawayo,Rhodesia the son of Middle class British immigrants who came to Southern Rhodesia after WW1 ended in 1918 Fulton quickly grew to love his dear homeland with a Patriotic zeal during the nations war on terror he served with great heroism from 1968 to 1979 earning two medals for bravery. in 1979 the Rhodesian bush war ended with the nation being renamed Zimbabwe fearing for his life Fulton fled to America until the virus hit Chicago in which he took up arms and left his apartment

RP Examples:

ACCEPTED. The only thing you may need to change is his service in the late 70's. If he's only 35 then he most likely wasn't even born during the conflict. The RP takes place in current times give or take a year or two.

Aliasa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aliasa » Thu May 28, 2015 4:43 am

Did someone say they need a psychopath? I'm in.

Dawkinsia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dawkinsia » Thu May 28, 2015 9:11 am

Thought I'd bring a psychopath who isn't completely off his rockers, but just enough for a WTF factor... thing.

Name: William "Will" Powers
Nation Name: Dawkinsia
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois

Pic/Description: (Under his normal garb)

(Normally)

Reason for being in Chicago: Visiting family.

Immunity: Gifted.

Personality: After severe emotional trauma, his psyche is fractured. As a result, he's developed a separate personality. The trigger for a 'change' is the removal of his mask.

Unmasked: Naive and idealistic, Will refuses to take the life of a human who has not yet turned, no matter the risk or possible rewards. He is trusting, and is rather immature, almost childish.

Masked: While masked, Will is impassive, calculating. He prefers to avoid conflict, but not out of some code of ethics. Rather, he is based in logic, with a mindset that one can only call a 'survivalist's mindset. He is paranoid, not quick to trust anyone or even let his gaze roam off of them (assuming the situation doesn't call for it). However, those few who have managed to earn his respect and trust will find that he is extremely loyal, even protective, of those he cares about.

Skills: He is proficient in the use of many standard firearms, though he specializes in using accuracy-based rifles like the Beret .50 caliber sniper, as he was an excellent marksman.

He can fight better than the average man in hand-to-hand combat, though he's not exactly some martial arts master.

After becoming infected, much of his past was remembered. The lessons in survival from his 'doomsday prepper' father', the bachelors in chemistry, and the like. Due to this, he has gained-regained, I suppose-a wide variety of miscellaneous skills.

Likes:(Masked) - Efficiency, safety, keeping his allies alive, loyalty, learning.
(Unmasked) - Conversation, moral actions, eating, learning.

Dislikes: (Masked) - Death, inefficiency, danger, stupidity, too much talking, waiting.
(Unmasked) - Death, danger, immoral actions, the degradation of integrity.

Fears: (Masked) - That he can't keep his allies/friends alive. That someone he cares about will end up hurt because of him.
(Unmasked) - That he can't keep his friends/allies alive. That he'll come out of this without his ethics intact.

Bio: Raised by a 'doomsday prepper', gun-nut father and a well-to-do librarian mother, William Martin Powers had an odd, but fulfilling childhood, learning practical skills while sucking in knowledge like a sponge. In school, he earned the nickname 'Will' when he saved a close friend from a pedophile by kicking said adult in the balls before taking his friends hand and running. Over the years, he became known for his loyalty and dedication, and while his parent weren't ecstatic when he joined the military, they supported him.

While he was in the 3rd company, during his first tour of duty, his unit encountered a squad under fire. It was there, in the ensuing firefight, that he met Jane Adams. Red hair, a fiery personality, flawless skin... It wasn't exactly love at first sight, what with her slapping him and calling him an idiot when he jumped on a stray grenade... but it was something. After months in recovery, he rejoined his company, and found himself spending more and more time with Jane. After two tours of duty while dating in private, they decided to marry. The kids came within a few years, two beautiful boys named John and Cale.

Six years passed, and their new jobs and subsequent salary became too small to support their family. Thus, Will rejoined the military, family in his mind. He went through four more tours of duty, rising through the ranks and gaining several medals, yet still visiting his family as often as possible. It was at the end of his second tour, just before the quarantine, that he arrived. He had heard of the bombing, of course, hence his rushing to return. Upon arrival, he sped to his house, finding it empty save for a note.

Something's wrong. We got hit with some sort of biological weapon. People are being turned into... well, I hate to call them 'zombies', but that sums it up pretty well. I'm taking the kids, and leaving this. I hope you get it soon. We're heading to the shed-you know, the one with the 'special' interior? That one. We'll try to hold out as long as we can. Please come soon.
Your wife,
Jane Adams

The shed. A safe area. It was mainly set up in case of foreign attack, a collaborative effort between husband and wife to create as close to a bunker as hey could. Riddled with traps and the like, it was probably the safest place his family could be. Cursing, he sped out of the house, being ambushed by several pale, almost rotting individuals but only gaining a scratch. He reached the shed in a few minutes, but it felt like hours to him. He flung open the door, running inside and...

"No!" He rushed inside, entering the central living area only to find his family's scattered corpses. The bodies of several of the pale people- no, the things, they couldn't be called people anymore-littered the floor. Obviously Jane put up as good a fight as he can. Will looked around and paled. The kids. They had pale skin. Pale skin, and blood-soaked teeth, and they had clumps of Jane's flesh in their hands and-

He broke.

"No. No. No! NO! NO!" He rushed to the pair, fists connecting with a sickening CRUNCH! "Nononononononononononononono!" Each word was made clearer with the sound of a fist striking flesh, until all that could be heard were squelches and the room was filled with a thick silence. Then the sobs came.

An hour later, he cleaned up. He dressed. He picked up what pieces of himself he could. Then he left. Then he wandered.

RP Examples: I haven't RPed in a while, and I can't remember the sites I used to frequent. I can, however, say that I have about 4 years of experience doing such an activity.
Last edited by Dawkinsia on Thu May 28, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 28, 2015 10:45 am

Dawkinsia wrote:Thought I'd bring a psychopath who isn't completely off his rockers, but just enough for a WTF factor... thing.

Name: William "Will" Powers
Nation Name: Dawkinsia
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois

Pic/Description: (Under his normal garb)
(Normally)

Reason for being in Chicago: Visiting family.

Immunity: Gifted.

Personality: After severe emotional trauma, his psyche is fractured. As a result, he's developed a separate personality. The trigger for a 'change' is the removal of his mask.

Unmasked: Naive and idealistic, Will refuses to take the life of a human who has not yet turned, no matter the risk or possible rewards. He is trusting, and is rather immature, almost childish.

Masked: While masked, Will is impassive, calculating. He prefers to avoid conflict, but not out of some code of ethics. Rather, he is based in logic, with a mindset that one can only call a 'survivalist's mindset. He is paranoid, not quick to trust anyone or even let his gaze roam off of them (assuming the situation doesn't call for it). However, those few who have managed to earn his respect and trust will find that he is extremely loyal, even protective, of those he cares about.

Skills: He is proficient in the use of many standard firearms, though he specializes in using accuracy-based rifles like the Beret .50 caliber sniper, as he was an excellent marksman.

He can fight better than the average man in hand-to-hand combat, though he's not exactly some martial arts master.

After becoming infected, much of his past was remembered. The lessons in survival from his 'doomsday prepper' father', the bachelors in chemistry, and the like. Due to this, he has gained-regained, I suppose-a wide variety of miscellaneous skills.

Likes:(Masked) - Efficiency, safety, keeping his allies alive, loyalty, learning.
(Unmasked) - Conversation, moral actions, eating, learning.

Dislikes: (Masked) - Death, inefficiency, danger, stupidity, too much talking, waiting.
(Unmasked) - Death, danger, immoral actions, the degradation of integrity.

Fears: (Masked) - That he can't keep his allies/friends alive. That someone he cares about will end up hurt because of him.
(Unmasked) - That he can't keep his friends/allies alive. That he'll come out of this without his ethics intact.

Bio: Raised by a 'doomsday prepper', gun-nut father and a well-to-do librarian mother, William Martin Powers had an odd, but fulfilling childhood, learning practical skills while sucking in knowledge like a sponge. In school, he earned the nickname 'Will' when he saved a close friend from a pedophile by kicking said adult in the balls before taking his friends hand and running. Over the years, he became known for his loyalty and dedication, and while his parent weren't ecstatic when he joined the military, they supported him.

While he was in the 3rd company, during his first tour of duty, his unit encountered a squad under fire. It was there, in the ensuing firefight, that he met Jane Adams. Red hair, a fiery personality, flawless skin... It wasn't exactly love at first sight, what with her slapping him and calling him an idiot when he jumped on a stray grenade... but it was something. After months in recovery, he rejoined his company, and found himself spending more and more time with Jane. After two tours of duty while dating in private, they decided to marry. The kids came within a few years, two beautiful boys named John and Cale.

Six years passed, and their new jobs and subsequent salary became too small to support their family. Thus, Will rejoined the military, family in his mind. He went through four more tours of duty, rising through the ranks and gaining several medals, yet still visiting his family as often as possible. It was at the end of his second tour, just before the quarantine, that he arrived. He had heard of the bombing, of course, hence his rushing to return. Upon arrival, he sped to his house, finding it empty save for a note.

Something's wrong. We got hit with some sort of biological weapon. People are being turned into... well, I hate to call them 'zombies', but that sums it up pretty well. I'm taking the kids, and leaving this. I hope you get it soon. We're heading to the shed-you know, the one with the 'special' interior? That one. We'll try to hold out as long as we can. Please come soon.
Your wife,
Jane Adams

The shed. A safe area. It was mainly set up in case of foreign attack, a collaborative effort between husband and wife to create as close to a bunker as hey could. Riddled with traps and the like, it was probably the safest place his family could be. Cursing, he sped out of the house, being ambushed by several pale, almost rotting individuals but only gaining a scratch. He reached the shed in a few minutes, but it felt like hours to him. He flung open the door, running inside and...

"No!" He rushed inside, entering the central living area only to find his family's scattered corpses. The bodies of several of the pale people- no, the things, they couldn't be called people anymore-littered the floor. Obviously Jane put up as good a fight as he can. Will looked around and paled. The kids. They had pale skin. Pale skin, and blood-soaked teeth, and they had clumps of Jane's flesh in their hands and-

He broke.

"No. No. No! NO! NO!" He rushed to the pair, fists connecting with a sickening CRUNCH! "Nononononononononononononono!" Each word was made clearer with the sound of a fist striking flesh, until all that could be heard were squelches and the room was filled with a thick silence. Then the sobs came.

An hour later, he cleaned up. He dressed. He picked up what pieces of himself he could. Then he left. Then he wandered.

RP Examples: I haven't RPed in a while, and I can't remember the sites I used to frequent. I can, however, say that I have about 4 years of experience doing such an activity.

Always helps to have someone who could perhaps be considered mentally disturbed. ACCEPTED.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 28, 2015 11:24 am

A message to all: looking at the immunity tag I was debating on whether or not to add more detail but felt that I should ask for everyone's opinions since the IC has already started.

Should immunity be current (if you chose partial/carrier then you start out already infected) or potential (if you chose partial/carrier you don't necessarily have to start infected but should you contract the virus that would be your fate). To those who are already infected (whether partial, gifted, etc.) it doesn't matter and you can keep on regardless. My concern is more for those with no immunity. If the immunity tag is for potential then those with no immunity would most likely die from infection. If it is current then those with no immunity may become carriers/gifted/etc. should they become infected (unless they wish otherwise).

This slipped my mind and I felt it would be best to figure this out before we run into a situation where a person with no immunity encounters infection. Thoughts?

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 28, 2015 12:16 pm

Name: Charlotte Noble
Nation Name: Charlia
Birthplace: Manhattan, NY
Pic/Description:

Occupation: No specific occupation, but she can make money through selling art or stories, and also sings.
Reason for being in Chicago: Traveling, stuck after the outbreak

Immunity: None

Personality: Sweet but awkward, timid but loyal, slow to trust and quick to judge, sometimes has nervous breakdowns or panic attacks, slight PTSD
Skills: Drawing, writing, singing, pretty much anything creative and/or intellectual
Likes: Cats, penguins, Japan, friends, being free, being happy
Dislikes: Restrictive things(including ponytails), feeling trapped, loneliness, sorrow, pain, fear
Fears: Dogs, needles, anyone possessing a Y chromosome(I know, right?), romance

Bio: Her parents are dead, and she was passed from foster family to foster family until she finally ended up with a couple who... well, we'll find that out as we go, yes? So far all that is known about this period is that it was very traumatizing. Eventually, though, she ended up in England, where she lived happily for the better part of 3 years and made it into college early(she is really smart(I mean REALLY smart)). But she was ordered by her doctor to take a break after the stress started to give her more attacks(she takes a medication for them, but unfortunately, the required dosage is too high for her to take without suffering ill effects). So she was traveling for a while and ended up in Chicago when the outbreak occurred...

RP Examples: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=341320&p=24610541#p24610541
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=31&t=341195&p=24599826#p24599826
There are more, but if I put them all in, we'd never get done.
Last edited by Charlia on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 28, 2015 1:05 pm

Charlia wrote:Name: Charlotte Noble
Pic/Description:

Occupation: No specific occupation, but she can make money through selling art or stories, and also sings.

Personality: Sweet but awkward, timid but loyal, slow to trust and quick to judge, sometimes has nervous breakdowns or panic attacks, slight PTSD
Skills: Drawing, writing, singing, pretty much anything creative and/or intellectual
Dislikes: Restrictive things(including ponytails), feeling trapped, loneliness, sorrow, pain, fear

Bio: Her parents are dead, and she was passed from foster family to foster family until she finally ended up with a couple who... well, we'll find that out as we go, yes?(I will edit this part as it is discovered in the RP if I am accepted. That way people don't have to try to remember it all... although it should be pretty memorable...) Eventually, though, she ended up in England, where she lived happily for the better part of 3 years and made it into college early(she is really smart(I mean REALLY smart)). But she was ordered by her doctor to take a break after the stress started to give her more attacks(she takes a medication for them, but unfortunately, the required dosage is too high for her to take without suffering ill effects). So she was traveling for a while and ended up in Chicago when the outbreak occurred...

RP Examples: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=341320&p=24610541#p24610541
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=31&t=341195&p=24599826#p24599826

ACCEPTED.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Name: Charlotte Noble
Pic/Description:

Bio: Her parents are dead, and she was passed from foster family to foster family until she finally ended up with a couple who... well, we'll find that out as we go, yes?(I will edit this part as it is discovered in the RP if I am accepted. That way people don't have to try to remember it all... although it should be pretty memorable...) Eventually, though, she ended up in England, where she lived happily for the better part of 3 years and made it into college early(she is really smart(I mean REALLY smart)). But she was ordered by her doctor to take a break after the stress started to give her more attacks(she takes a medication for them, but unfortunately, the required dosage is too high for her to take without suffering ill effects). So she was traveling for a while and ended up in Chicago when the outbreak occurred...

ACCEPTED.

AWESOME.

Colonial Rhodesia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonial Rhodesia » Thu May 28, 2015 2:12 pm

Charlia wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:ACCEPTED.

AWESOME.

Congrats Charlia :) yes its Rhodesia
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."-Cecil John Rhodes
Fighting Communism North of the Zambesi since 1965

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Thu May 28, 2015 2:46 pm

Name: Jenkins McGall
Nation Name: Deramen
Birthplace: USA,Missouri,St.Louis
Ethnicity: Mexican,american
Age: 24 (No set age range but preferably somewhat self sufficient)
Pic/Description: http://postimg.org/image/w9j1rzgkh/

Reason for being in Chicago: Family went missing and Jenkins is looking for them.

Immunity: Partial/Carrier: TD-13; no harmful effects but can spread contagion.

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Dissociative identity disorder (DID) Regular (Good) Identity:Polite,Outgoing,Good,Patriotic Neutral Identity:Indifferent,Boring,Justice Seeker Evil Identity:Insanity,Evil,Mean,
Skills: Weapon Repair,Smart
Dislikes:War,Terrorism,Slavery
Fears: Germanophobia (fear of Germans) molysomophobia (fear of infection) philophobia (fear of falling in love)

Bio: Jenkins was born in missouri to a mexican mom and american dad.he had a regular childhood until he left for germany with some friends.Jenkins went to college for a while. there he joined the military at 19 years old.he fought a small rebellion that was beat in its infancy.but he was put in jail for false charges of treason.he escaped and there he met a beautiful girl named Ada there they had a loving relationship.he loved her so much he would die for her.they had to escape germany.they took a flight to The UK.there he bought a boat to North Carolina.he found a jeep and rode to his hometown.they found that it was destroyed and completely infected.they rode to his house.he found a note on the door reading "Jenkins we are going to Chicago Come Please LOVE your parents" he questioned the letters validity but then thought what the hell he had nothing to lose.he rode to Chicago and on the ride there Ada got bitten and he had to put her down.he developed DID after that event and lost his memory for a while forgetting the zombies and Ada.he oddly still remembered that he was riding to chicago and rode.

RP Examples:
Last edited by Deramen on Thu May 28, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse