NATION

PASSWORD

Betharan Palace Intrigues (Please TG or Sign Up for Entry)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Betheran Palace

Postby McNernia » Fri May 15, 2015 8:21 am

Betheran Palace,Fineberg
New Edom

The Prince could understand what was being said here with the things that had happened in New Edom. "Well I can see where the policy of the Government comes from. There are two civil wars under your countries belt. Then there is the third one that has gone off with the death of a fine statesman and soldier. A leader by any standard who was not a day or two cold before the shooting started up once again. We are a Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization country and to my immeadiate knowledge you are as well. Make the call and we will be there. Bar any extra-ordinary circumstances."

He led her off the grass onto the path and then pulled out his phone before he began to flip through pictures. "This is a fishbed, Fishbed is the Codename for the MiG-21. A very formidable airplane. I tangled with three which had very good pilots in them. Who I suspect were not locals. I count myself lucky my wingman showed up in time. He is still around as well. Damn aggressive he could be. We dont take risks that are any more than necessary."

The Mcnernian was an Air Commodore, the equivalent in other Air Forces of a Brigadier or something, he was a decent dancer himself. Execution was easy. He was well muscled having had a reputation for being diligent about his physical training. Running quite often in the night by the barracks. The Military Police would not stop him. He was interested mildly in what the girl was. "So you are like in the business world the one who takes the calls and such. By your insignia I would say that you are detached from a Cavalry unit? That is what Secondment seems to be from what you are wearing and what you are doing at the moment with your life."
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat May 16, 2015 9:39 pm

McNernians

"Prince Frederick, I appreciate the sentiments, as I'm sure do others. Though...forgive me I'm not great at politics, but wasn't there some tension about your government trying to supplant Perrin Pahath-Moab and make New Edom a protectorate?" Lavinia asked with a smile.

When he showed her the plane, she widened her eyes. "Oh my goodness, it's so big, it looks so long, and yet so sleek. I have to admire the shape of it..." she leaned in, her left breast pressing against his arm firmly she peered at the image. "Gosh, it must be so scary being a pilot, flying so fast and so high...do you ever get scared?"

"I guess," meanwhile Captain Adah Weber said as she danced with the Air Commodore. "I mean I'm not really a secretary exactly--it's like being an intern to some extent I suppose too. Basically, sir, it's to get junior officers staff experience. I'm not so great at the diplomacy thing, before i got my promotion and bumped up to ADC I was commanding a mechanized infantry platoon in my Regiment," she said with a sheepish grin.

She glanced over at some of the young ladies. "I'm a little surprised you danced with a woman in uniform, sir, there sure are some beauties in ball gowns here tonight."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Isle of Lost
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Isle of Lost » Sun May 17, 2015 7:56 am

Outside the Fifth Couryard, Betharan Palace

Falinus Micèll stared up at the formidable walls of Betharan Palace, taken aback by the sheer height and strength of the things. Armed guards patrolling the few gated checkpoints that doted the wall gave an eerie feel to the palace which was obvious built with war in mind. Falinus could not relate to this impressive fortress as the only palaces he ever knew growing up were large open mansions of white brick and columns providing many a keen window or opening to allow their luxury to flow upon the grounds for which they were built. Of course by the time Falinus was born the Imperial Era was far over and the few guard houses or barracks left had either been turned into small museums or re-purposed for some kind of entertainment facility such as a pool club house.

Behind Falnius and the two 'aides' who came along with him, sat a small powerboat tied up to the palace's docks. Delayed by a last-minute Senatus session called into action by the Consul to try and "bracket" (to stall and send back to legislative committees) the Letcia Superbridge Bill which the Factio Societas attempted to force through legislation on the day before the Senatus recess because a massive amount of senators took leave early. Because of this untimely delay, Falinus had decided, when he did finally arrive in country, to take an unorthodox detour to tour the countryside first; and had actually bought the small boat he arrived in from a fisherman who was more than happy to sell his boat for twice what it was worth.

Several minutes passed while Falnius' thoughts darted from the wall to one thing after another. Finally, one of his aides snapped him out of it.

"Mr. Micèll, perhaps we should ask the guards at this gate here for entry? I'm not sure how well they will take to your studying their walls like that."

Falinus looked around, red with embarrassment.
"Yes. I suppose so. How do I look?"

The aide who hadn't yet spoken rolled his eyes.
"You look fine Falinus. Though why you decided not to wear your uniform when the invite said it was preferred I will never know."

Falinus cracked a small smile.
"Lets run down the list shall we? Legally I am the heir to no throne without anything sort of a civil war, I showed up late to a dance, I wasn't a grad admiral of an armada in the military, my family could care less who I choose to marry and in my free time I prefer adventure over affairs of state. I couldn't be more of a sore thumb here as it is, why not top the cake?"
Obviously content with his own response, Falinus finally started walking towards the nearest gate with his invitation in hand.

"Excuse me, I believe I am running rather late for the Ball. Is there anyway I could still be admitted?" He spoke fast and straight to the point, holding his in front of him.

Roleplaying Nation Name: Merick Isles

Proud Member of SACTO and the IFC!

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun May 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Falinus Micell

Outside the palace gates, passing through the cordon of guards in their neat parade dress uniforms from the 14th Regiment of Hussars, Falinus came to the inner gate where he was met by an attache and a solemn man in a black formal jacket with silver leaves on the sleeves, who looked at his invitation, and said, "Yes, Senator, as they say, better late than never. The ball, as you can hear, is in progress now. I will have an equerry lead you in."

The equerry, a young officer from the National Navy in white dress jacket and trousers, led him down the hallway where increasingly they could hear the music of the current dance playing. As they walked in, the hallway that led to the ballroom revealed a rather airy interior design; the smooth walls were cream coloured and the ceiling a warm yellow, with a blue carpet speckled with stars. Four full dressed Hussars stood at intervals in the hallway in dark green with black braided frogging and fur busbies. Then as though the dawn had burst forth the sun they were at the entrance to the ballroom, where women in gowns or in full dress uniforms vied for colour with the men, mostly in dress uniforms from the National Navy, National Air Force, the 14th Regiment of Hussars, 15th Regiment of Hussars (crimson and blue), Royal Cavalry Guards, 42nd Heavy Artillery Regiment (black and gold), 6th Regiment of Engineers (Black and silver), or the 22nd Lancers (cherry and black).

The Heir herself was dancing with a tall powerful looking man with dark hair dressed in a white Royal Cavalry Guards double breasted jacket with gold buttons and braid and epaulets wearing black trousers tucked into riding boots, smiling, laughing and talking to him. Others swept around the dance floor, while still others flocked to the buffet table in the adjoining room, strolled the galleries nearby talking, laughing, observing. A young woman, wearing pretty pink sandals, her light olive tanned body dusted with gold and silver dust, painted with yellow daisies around her breasts and womanhood, dark hair in a flowing topknot, approached and offered Falinus a flute of champagne from a tray with a smile.

Claudia Zecharias, a young woman curvy, hourglass figure with generous breasts like firm, ripe melons. The decolletage of her green ball gown barely hid the middle of her bosom--it was cunningly designed so that with each breath a man might watch to see if it would though. Strong body yet very feminine, she had well rounded firm hips; while the skirt of her dress appeared nearly transparent, this was the cunning of the weave and lightness of the material; it was as though she was wearing gossamer and lace below the waist that floated elegantly around her but was in fact perfectly modest. Currently she was talking to her father, a man of medium height with a sly feline face wearing a purple robe with a gold pectoral cross named Bishop Zecharias, the Chief Justice of New Edom, who was quietly scolding her.

"You haven't done well tonight," he said, smiling raising his glass in salute.

"I have not?" she said, her smile slightly tight.

"Yes. I did instruct you to make sure that you caught the eye of the Domris boy, and you lost him to a Ghant. And you spend too much time with Captain Weber. Do not look at her."

"I cannot help it, she's my best friend," Claudia said, her cheeks colouring.

"Best friend? Is that what you call it? Do not look at her...I have made a decision about this." the Bishop said to her, looking at her with glittering eyes. "And Count and Countess Domris are very happy with that decision. You must also learn to be."

"I wonder if the younger Count Domris will be papa," she said acidly. "I'm going to go talk to some other friends...if that's acceptable, Your Excellency?"

"Go," he said abruptly, and she began to walk away towards the buffet. She was making a beeline for another friend, Rafaella.

Rafaella Unwerth was dressed sumptuously in an indigo gown woven with pearls and her ebony hair swept above her head and held by two ivory combs, giving her olive skin a dusky look. Her features were a trifle sharp but pretty, her mouth flashed fine small white even teeth as she laughed at something the elegant older woman said as they gracefully moved away from the buffet table. At such moments a foreigner might appreciate how the nakedness of the servants dimmed beside the mystery of the gorgeously clothed women of society. She was talking to an athletic, handsome looking young man in naval full dress, his uniform covered in gold braid and two rows of glittering medals, his short black hair slicked and combed, his handsome even features smiling as he greeted her. Across the room, General Jonathan Unwerth noticed and frowned, but said nothing for the time being, watching like a hawk with eyes sharp, not even glancing away as he raised his champagne flute to his lips.

Claudia paused and bowed. "Your Excellency," she said.

"Hello Miss Zecharias," said Prince Enoch Tubal-Cain, the Royal Master of Offices. "Having a nice time?"

"Papa is determined to marry me to Count Alexander Domris," she said with a sigh. "It's such a bore. He's such a bore. All he cares about is his army service and horses."

"You're hard on him, just because he's put upon you," chided Rafaella. "He's a nice boy."

"Well, I don't want a nice boy," Claudia said.

"Be fortunate and thankful," said Prince Enoch, looking out over the dance floor. "Three down..."

"What?" the two young women said in puzzlement.

"And another enters the fray," murmured Prince Enoch, observing the new arrival. A servant approached him and whispered into his ear. He nodded to the naked gold dusted man and then turned to the two young women. "Claudia my dear, I may need you to be on call for me tonight," he said. "And I may be able to do something about the engagement. I think Count Domris is very taken with Lady Alazne Dain, and it would be a good match for the family. It would be through no fault of your own. I advise you to continue to reluctantly agree for the time being."

"You are the best," sighed Claudia. "Thank you so much! But what's the favour?"

He lowered his voice and spoke to her quietly, smiling as though telling her a joke. Discreetly, blocked by Claudia's body now from her father's gaze, Rafaella took Enoch's hand and brushd it tenderly.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Isle of Lost
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isle of Lost » Sun May 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Extending his hand forward slowly and gracefully, Falinus quietly picked up the flute of champagne and sipped at it slowly as he moved towards the outskirts of the ball room, cheerfully enjoying the tune the bands so marvelously played out. One of his aides, Mr. Caetris to be exact, disappeared toward what Falinus figured to be the way to the kitchen. Probably off to find some paperwork to do; what a bore that man was. On the other hand his other 'aide', though more of a companion than anything else, stood in his vibrate dark-blue Naval officer's uniform. This was the fiery Falx Parcius: a lobbyist and long-time friend of Falinus.

Whilst Falinus admittedly enjoyed Falx and having him around could often prove to be well worth it, he immediately began regretting it as the two Merickian men settled into the ball.

"Look at that women. I wonder if she knows how ill that gown looks on her." Falx said softly, assuming Falinus was in agreement.

"Look at this man right next to me. So ill groomed to high society that he speaks ill of people in public?" Falinus replied with an ere of disapproval in his voice.

Falx looked taken back, then quickly retorted at the young Senator.
"Well, well, well... Mr. Micèll, who'd ever have though you would understand what High Society is? Last I checked the 'high society' in which you prefer to trot is composed up of scuba divers and beach bums whom spend most their nights exploring alcoholic beverages."

Falinus' eyes grew narrow, and he quickly searched for his words.
"Congratulations my friend, you've finally discovered a thesaurus. Now if you'll stop bragging then maybe we can enjoy the night?" he finally said, half giving up the battle.

Falx did not seem content, and retorted once more.
" Stop being so high and mighty Fal. We all know your here just to be a traitor."

Falinus took a step back, shocked that Falx would say such a thing.
"What makes you say that old friend?" he replied quietly.

"Oh I don't know. Just the fact that if this.. this Jocasta ends up marrying you then the Monarchist revolt will happen whether you damn please it or not. Such an act would tear your country to chaos, run the risk of crumbling our standings with our closet allies and plunge the whole of SACTO into a diplomatic headbutt over the stance of monarchies.

It would do you well my friend, to march yourself straight out here immediately before that girl, or any girl for that matter, takes hold of you as women so often do?"

Falinus simply stood there, lost in words before he finally uttered his response.
"Women have never controlled me, Falx. You know that!"

Falx rolled his eyes and spoke a single word. "Sabina"

Falinus looked down, mouthing the name over and over again.
"Dammit Falx. Your right. Go find that dull sword Caetris and lets take the first flight home. It was a mistake coming here."

Falx nodded and walked off, leaving Falinus standing there alone to contemplate his decisions. The young Senator leaned against the back wall and put on a friendly smile as he scanned the room, only looking down occasionally to check his watch, wondering what was taking Falx so long.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun May 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Isle of the Lost

Two people approached Falinus, while he leaned against the wall watching. One was a plump short man with a ballooning belly showing that his tuxedo was doubtless personally tailored as it nevertheless fit him well, wearing two medals on his lapel, his bald head shining olive in the chandelier lights and round spectacles on a pointy nose; he smiled and gave a little bow.

The other was a a lady in a deep red taffeta and lacy silk ball gown that showed off a voluptuous well pampered figure, dark hair and right wrist enclosed in a snaky silver bracelet that twisted up her supple arm, who smiled at him; she was in her thirties at least but seemed very attractive.

" Please allow me to introduce myself: I am Basil Jerome, Undersecretary of Foreign Affairs, and this lady is Mrs. Dahlia Kiron, the widow of the late General Jedediah Kiron, and one of the Queen Dowager's ladies-in-waiting."

"How do you do? May we have the honour of knowing to whom we are speaking?" she asked in a melodious contralto.

Isle of Lost
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isle of Lost » Tue May 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Falinus' eyes darted to the doorway where Falx had disappeared only to come up short of locating his friend. Not wanting to offend anyone, and convincing himself that a small conversation couldn't hurt, Falinus turned quickly toward the duo who had approached him and gave a minor bow to show respect.

"Salfe! Greetings to you both. Allow me to introduce myself: I am Senator Falinus Otho Micèll, self-proclaimed adventurer and heir to the now extinct throne of the Merick Isles Empire. To what do I owe this visit?"

Content with his response, Falinus took a step forward away from the wall and held out his hand as a greeting.
Last edited by Isle of Lost on Tue May 19, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue May 19, 2015 1:53 pm

Isle of Lost

"A great honour sir," said Basil Jerome in good though accented Latin. "Well, you are a guest at the Palace, and I am fond of being among those who greet guests of importance. I for the Government, and Mrs. Kiron for the Palace. I wonder if you have had opportunity to try the buffet--I see you have champagne though. The Heir wanted champagne served tonight."

"Do you enjoy music and dancing, senator?" asked Mrs. Kiron with a smile before lifting her flute to her lips to sip the bubbly liquid from it. "And you are the claimant to a former throne, yes I think I'd heard that. I hadn't heard that you were particularly keen to regain it, or am I mistaken?"

The two of them took the hand; it was not Edomite custom, as they preferred bowing, and so their handshakes were slightly too firm in the case of the Undersecretary and a gentle touch in the case of Mrs. Kiron.

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Tue May 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Betheran Palace,Fineberg
New Edom

Fredrick smiled back at her. "That was floated I will admit, there are radicals who are quite inclined to go out and to conquer. The business of our population. We saw Perrin struggling to maintain stability and we decided we were capable of doing just that. Then well we ran twice. And we reconsidered the business." He looked at her, being honest and frank. She was a court woman. A lady in waiting and if she trusted him she would speak well of him to her mistress the Heir and the Regent.

He felt her warm breast pressing into his arm. The girl was very interested in the sight of the MiG-21 that was something causing the rookie pilot a nightmare. He saw it on the face of his wingman, when he was a veteran and the boy a rookie. He had been pretty pale. Fredrick had bagged the bastard. "It is not so scary. The business of this bird, a fine mount forged for a warrior that is a good opponent. The Fishbed is a thing that is more maneuverable. She can turn but she cannot climb. I fought the men and who knows, women who flew these. I have flown in something like this. I rarely get scared." He turned to another picture.

"This, an F-4 was my mount in the war. She is still a flyable airplane. I take her up sometimes. It can be brought over and perhaps I could take you up in it? Or I could arrange for a trainer to be brought over. Actually that is not my plane so much as the general type of aircraft that I flew." He looked at her smiling.

Stephenson smiled looking into the eyes of the girl. The little one, compared to his formidable muscles she was very frail. The girl was sinewy and sweet. The fact that she was in uniform that was not a thing that detered him. The girl was good looking and something that he could appreciate was a woman with discipline. She did seem like the sort of woman who was organized and good at what she did. The Air Commodore explained the reason he chose her. "I am quite inclined to have any woman, my old friend His Royal Highness pointed you out. You could well have made capitan and the colonel. I myself was a Weapons Systems Officer, sitting behind the Prince when we flew in combat. I took the staff job with a promotion." Reflexively he looked around the room. Best to make sure they are not looking at me.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Lore change?

Isle of Lost
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isle of Lost » Tue May 19, 2015 2:21 pm

"I do enjoy it, indeed. I am a particular fan of the band's strings section; such a lovely melody as I have heard their instruments singing isn't something a fool merely stumbles on. That isn't to say the rest of the band is bad by any means of course."

Falinus added the last part in to ensure he didn't offend his greeters. He did, however, find curiosity in Mrs. Kirion's straight jump to the question of his throne for in Merickian culture the art of small talk molded the beginnings of conversations and business was generally not talked until later unless it was understood to be something of major importance. For this very reason, Falinus deducted that the state of his throne was important to his two new companions and thus geared his response to that belief.

"Well, the state of my throne lies in a twisting legal wonderland. When my great-grandfather vacated the throne in 1956 a new government was rapidly formed with the backing of the military. My grandfather was refused the throne and forced to sign a treaty ceding his inherited powers to the new governance. My father signed the same such document, though voluntarily to help clear up arising concerns over his true intents.

This document my name has never touched. Legally it could be argued thus that my inheritance therefore was not stripped and I am the true Emperor of the Merick Isles Empire. Though it is equally true that the Empire is no longer accepted as a nation and, unless the current government was disposed of, my throne is that of a nation no longer alive.

As for my desire for the throne... I suppose one could say I am content as is.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue May 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Isle of the Lost

"Oh, so you have no ambitions in that direction. Well, three generations have existed under a completely different government, of course," said Basil Jerome. "So without ample reason for the current government to be destabilized there would be enormous difficulties. The very nature of a modern state makes it difficult to conquer of course. Were you not offered opportunity to sign this document then/"

"I think I spoke in haste," said Mrs. Kiron demurely. "The Senator is at a ball, he surely doesn't want us to pepper him with questions. How beautifully the Heir dances with the King-Consort!"

"Indeed, the Heir is a remarkable young woman," agreed Basil Jerome. "A trifle inexperienced, but very passionate and yet highly disciplined--her taste in music I believe reflects this. As you said Senator...strings...instruments requiring enormous focus and passion blended well together: that in a word is our Princess."

McNernia

Countess Lavinia continued to incline her body to Prince Frederick, as he showed her other air force pictures. "Well you're a lot braver than me. I like flying in planes with comfy seats, drink service and a bathroom! The speed and the danger would have me sick at heart. And we're not a terribly military family to begin with though my father has a cousin who is in the Army. We're more courtiers, scholars, clergy as our service to the country than military. But i do appreciate it." her dark eyes looked up at him, perfume surrounding like a garden, hair and jewels and fabric kissing soft smooth olive skin and voluptuous body. "All you heroic men in uniform."

"Princess Jocasta," she said, leaning away when he stopped showing her pictures, fanning herself a bit and sipping her champagne between pauses, "Loves the military; loves parades, loves sitting in on the planning of the destruction of the rebellion. While Prince Enoch's views on the McNernians in Hutanjia are neither here nor there..." she smiled and glanced around and said in a mock whisper, 'He's a bit of a dilletante, I hear, when it comes to matters military...but how would I know?...but General Jonathan Unwerth is another matter. He was deeply loyal to King Mark and King James, and is now deeply loyal to the Heir, and he had said that everywhere your people had served, people ended up distrusting and hating them. Now of course I most powerfully disagree, but really...how would you say that the Heir could know otherwise than this?"

The Air Commodore was a powerful man, to be sure. Adah Weber could feel it as he held her. Now and then she caught glimpses of people looking at them curiously.

"Why'd he pick her out to dance with?" wondered Claudia Zecharias.

"Isn't she a lesbian?" said Rafaella Unwerth, not looking at Prince Enoch whose hand she discreetly held and caressed.

"She's not, who said that?" said Claudia, looking at her with a smile on her lips but a glare in her eyes.

"A lot of people say it; really Claudia, I can't believe you're friends with someone like that," said Rafaella with a little shudder. "She even looks like a boy." then she giggled. "Maybe that's why that McNernian officer is dancing with her."

"Now now, put the claws away," chided Prince Enoch. "Here comes your father." He let go of her hand.

General Unwerth looked at him coldly and took his daughter, linking his arm with hers and bowing to her, away from the buffet table. "Excuse me, sir," he said with frosty courtesy to the Master of Offices.

"Good evening, General," replied Prince Enoch without fear.

"You're a damn fool," said Claudia when they'd gone. "He knows or suspects."

"And can't do a thing. It's her choice, and what does he want, her reputation ruined? I'll have her made one of the Dowagers ladies or something. Or one of my wife's" said Prince Enoch airily. "Dance is nearly at an end...who will be the next in line for Jocasta?"

"Adah's not a lesbo," said Claudia quietly, still simmering. "She's a good person, brave and loyal to her friends. She's just a bit of a tomboy and a bit socially awkward."

Prince Enoch looked at her and nodded. "Of course. How could it be otherwise?"

Inclined to have any woman? What did that mean?

"Oh, I was pointed out, well you do me too much honour, sir. There are a lot of women around who are far more beautiful than I," Adah Weber said. "I'm not sure what you mean by 'have' though..."

Adah Weber wasn't a bad dancer, but definitely had to follow his lead. She blurted, "I'm not a great dancer, but I'm very good at cards actually. I love card games, not as much as I love equestrian though. I was even in the Olympics three years ago, for show jumping. Came in tenth. Oh well. "

McNernia
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

His Royal Highness

Postby McNernia » Wed May 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Betheran Palace, Fineberg
New Edom

He welcomed her inclination, the company of a sweet young woman was quite nice. She was a beautiful woman. She was a goddess to his broken heart. He was broken, you looked into the Griffindon Times and looked for the articles of the disappearance of a certain country. No survivors, two planes had gone down. Two foreign airplanes, claiming the family of the King and then the fiancee of the Prince Fredrick with all hands. They had gone home as reports filtered forth that there was chaos in their homeland. And they had not come back. What had compelled his sister in law to take his nieces? "Well I do know that not all families of prominence cannot serve in the military for familial tradition or the family members don't want to. The Clergy and the Court and the Educators way are quite a good thing for a noble family. And we heroic men are quite inclined to spend time with beautiful women." The Prince looked into her eyes and felt her warmth on him. The sight of her set a fire in him. God, none may compare to my departed but she in front of me comes pretty close.

The political information that was followed was something he had been hoping for. She was a wellspring of information. Get her alone and maybe a little alcohol and well she would tell him what she needed to know. He chuckled a bit along with her as he shared in the conspiracy about the Court. He too sipped his champagne and laughed looking down into his glass and then looking back. "The Princess is quite a militant sort of woman? She does not like the vile rebels I would gather due to the fact that they are causing trouble in the realm? And well if she comes to Mcnernia she will see one of the best armies around in action. She will see some of the best parade ground soldiers in the form of the Household division. Also I have to ask, you are saying that Elijah has mixed feelings towards Mcnernia? Also Jonathan Unwerth does not like us a bit? It is not like we had the Kings killed. What makes you think differently from the General?"

In the ball room the Air Commodore looked around and back towards the woman he was dancing with. The girl was held by a man who had forged his body into something that was built to be pushed to the limits. He was a thick but a gentleman with a delicate hold on the woman. The RRhAF had taught him in the Academy near Kingstown how to be a proper officer. "Well what I meant by Inclined to have was to have the dance with any woman. And well you are a good dancer no matter what anyone says about you." He looked inevitably towards the conversation that was happening on one side of the ballroom the dance moving the pairs around the chamber. One could see the frown. "Making it into the Olympics." He seized on the topic to keep from perhaps butting in on the conversation. But he could not help but notice who was defending her. A woman, Similar taste in the fashion of the Countess that Fredrick walked out with. Similar form. "Well, I myself have done some riding and not found much use for gambling. I do play some cards." Next dance with the busty one that was defending Adah.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 pm

Michael was content to dance with her tenderly and hold her close, and admired the beauty of her eyes. “I haven’t seen you eat much tonight, are you getting hungry?”

“When I eat I get thirsty,” explained Jocasta, blushing a little. “And you know...I am rarely far from a bathroom.”

“Well, I was thinking after this song is done, we can go over there, and I can show you my surprise gift I got for you,” Michael smiled as they danced. “It is conveniently over by the refreshments.”

“Oh yes, my present,” said Jocasta, lighting up. “Michael, why are you so sweet to me all the time?” she asked, looking into his eyes.

“...Because I…” I love you, he wanted to say, but he remembered what Rebecca had told him. So he didn’t. “...care a great deal about you, and I want to see you achieve great things,” he said, returning the look.

“Oh…” said Jocasta. “Well you are the best brother-in-law a girl could have, even a Princess and Heir.” she sighed and leaned her head against his shoulder a moment. “I feel so good about how you always stand by me and support me.”

“It is my pleasure truly, and no less than what you deserve,” Michael spoke softly. “I am happy to know that I make you feel good, Jocasta,” he said with butterflies in his stomach.

The dance came to an end, and she broke away a bit and looked up at him. “Thank you so much for the dance, and for your big good heart...if only people knew what a good man you are! And now...my present! Let’s see it!”

That made Michael blush. “You are welcome...and thank you for...just being who you are, and shining as such. Come now, let’s see it!” he exclaimed as he extended his arm for her to take and go with him.

They walked through the ballroom, Jocasta nodding to people who bowed or curtsied to her along the way, a smile on her face. Conversations rustled around her; young officers of aristocratic birth unconsciously or consciously puffed out chests, displayed physiques in uniforms tailored to emphasize chests, narrow hips and thighs, medals glittering near, hands cockily on sword pommels there. They reached the buffet area and Jocasta waved away a servant who offered champagne. “Alright Michael, let’s see it,” she said, her cheeks flushed with excitement and anticipation.

Finally arriving at the table, Michael gestured to a black jeweled box, decorated with inlaid onyx and opal. “I had to go to great lengths to get this...go ahead, open it at your pleasure,” Michael grinned from ear to ear as he stood in front of it, but to the side so that Jocasta could stand next to him.

Unselfconscious of people around watching her, Jocasta opened it to look at what was inside. “Omigosh, what is it what is it…”

Within the box rested a book, old but still with tight binding, black and embroidered with silver, with a silver griffon medallion inlaid at its center.

Michael explained what it was. “This is a chronicle of the life and deeds of Queen Adah, as written from an objective perspective, that being Grand Magister Belabos in 1910, who was the Court Magister for Emperors Nathan II, Sebastian, and Nathan III. He only wrote two copies before his own death in 1910, one in Ghantish and one in Latin. Emperor Sebastian intended on giving the Latin copy to King Soloman III, but then Sebastian died, as did Belabos. Nathan III never got around to gifting it, and it eventually just sat around in the Imperial Library for over a hundred years. I asked my sister to get it, and send it to me, as a gift for you,” Michael explained. “I hope you like it...hopefully it will serve as good reading, to help inspire and guide you in your quest to emulate your great ancestor.”

“Michael, you remembered I like history…” she said, looking at the book, smiling. “And you know I think I was very like Adah the Liberator...oh my gosh, you asked for this specially. That’s so sweet of you…” she smiled and caressed the book a moment. “Well this is very special. Thank you for making this night even more special.” she smiled at him. “You’re the sweetest ever.” she kissed him on the cheek.

“You are very welcome, Jocasta,” Michael said, blushing profusely, especially when she kissed him on the cheek. “I would ask for another dance, but I suspect that there will be others who wish to dance with you. Perhaps afterwards, we can dance again, or maybe I can take you through the garden at your pleasure.”

“I would like that, thank you…” With the dance over, there was a little pause as some instruments were changed, a sea of murmurs surrounding them. “Where’d that McNernian go?”

“He’s out in the garden with Countess Nabal, Your Royal Highness,” said Claudia Zecharias, who was nearby.

“Oh well, a little refreshments before the next dance, why not?” said Jocasta. Nearby Prince Enoch smiled and came in to congratulate her on the gift, and as he passed Michael, whispered,

“Congratulations, Your Majesty. You have been such a good brother in law you are now the High Prince Friendzone. A title well earned.”

Michael paused, standing stiff and still as a board planted in the ground. He then turned to look at Enoch with a sad face. “I am sorry, Enoch, I am afraid I didn’t hear you. Perhaps you could say that a little louder?” There was a certain acidity in his tone that some of the other Ghantar in the room picked up on. Alazne, Izolde and Alys especially took note, while the Gentries in the room looked on, Christopher with a smirk.

Enoch said, “I am sure, I said, that Her Highness appreciates the brotherly affection you so constantly show her.”

“Yeah, that’s what I thought you said,” Michael snapped back, his eyes a storm of deep blue. If there was ever a time when he wanted to knock Enoch’s teeth in, it was then.

Izolde emerged to try to get Enoch’s attention. “Prince Enoch, I don’t believe I have had the pleasure of enjoying your company yet this evening…”

Enoch smiled. “I don’t believe I have, Queen Izolde,” he bowed to her. “I’m sorry, we’ll have to continue this conversation another time,” to Michael as he inclined his head politely to hm.

Jocasta whispered, “I’m sorry Prince Enoch is awkward sometimes, I hate to let him go since he was Mara’s Master of Offices--is I suppose--and they are very close--but he’s a bit thick in the head. He just says stupid things sometimes, you shouldn’t let it bug you.”

“...He is a scoundrel,” Michael whispered back. “But I trust your judgment in terms of who you entrust with offices in your court.” he took her hand and kissed it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads