NATION

PASSWORD

Mew Falls, We Have a Problem! <MT/OPEN>

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Mew Falls, We Have a Problem! <MT/OPEN>

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 pm

"What the devil?"

President Mew Mæow XVI was utterly confused. A flash of light had engulfed Mew Falls, Mewsland's capital city, and apparently the rest of the population of Kardon IV, and dropped them right onto another planet.

"Sir, this appears to be Earth."

"Earth? Okay. This is peculiar."

"Hails coming in from throughout the Milky Way, sir! Our people have also landed at other locations throughout. They estimate we have landed in the latter half of 2010. We're off of the East Coast of the North American continent."

Mew XVI in the alternate 2010.

<OOC: Mew Falls has landed just off of the East Coast of North America. It's sixteen giant floating cities, basically like Atlantis out of the Stargate show of the same name. My idea was that Mew Falls would be picked up on radar <or would totally screw with energy systems given the amount of raw power it puts off> and military would be sent to investigate.>
Last edited by Mewsland on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Underium
Senator

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 pm

(( Military radarman)) "General! Sir our radars just went haywire they seem to have picked up a behemoth of a disturbance nearby."

((general)) "We need to find out whats causing this energy spike we may be able to make a new weapon out of it, scramble the jets i want those jets ther in 1 hour!!!"

((Comunication man)) " Sir yes sir!!!, Jet sqaudrons 1,2,3,4, and 5 scramble to coordinates E19, F15 now!, also launch predator alpha, beta, and gamma to the same coordinates."

(( flight tower)) " Roger that. Sqaudrons 1,2,3,4,& 5 take off and fly to cord E19/ F15, also launch predators A,B,& C to the same cords."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 minutes later

((flight tower)) "All airplanes and uav's requested in fl;ight ETA to target 45 minutes!"
Last edited by Underium on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:53 pm

<IMAGE> One of the sixteen Mew Falls Islands. <There is more color to it than this image shows!> Each one is about twenty miles across and could be visible from about one hundred miles away. The islands are about 150 miles off the coast.

Mew began to engage the systems back up to begin figuring out how the heck to get home.

"Let's go! The A6 power circuit has been severed and we'll need to repair it to restore main power!"

"All systems are down! We hardly even have power for the lights!"

"Then there must be another sneak circuit somewhere if the backup isn't working! Find it!"

"SIR! Airplanes approaching -- military. ETA 45 minutes."

"Garn. We'll interfere with the timeline. But 45 minutes is not enough time to repair the circuit. Be careful with them! And whatever you do -- no weapons fire!"
Last edited by Mewsland on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:08 pm

<Hello already?>

<okay. Thirty-four views for four posts, with three of them being mine? What gives?>
Last edited by Mewsland on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Underium
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Mewsland wrote:<Hello already?>

OOC:sorry im active on many diffrent threads at once. Ow and you'll learn more about how suspicious the general is of capitalists.

IC:

((communications guy)) "General we have a visual of large towers jotting out of the horizons, they don't seem to be any type of architecture were familar with."

((General)) " Damn Capitalists probably pulled a fast one on us and set up a city near to us in order to get ready to attack us, tell them to prime their weapons!"

((communications guy)) " Sir yes sir. Sqaudrons 1-5 ready your weapons. General eta 30 minutes!"
Last edited by Underium on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justorica
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:18 pm

"President Justori, a massive thing just appeared to the south west. Too small to be a continent, could be an island. But there was no seismic activity and islands just don't pop up."

"Send the FireFly search squad, have them find out whats going on."

"Yes sir."

Seven J13 ThunderBirds flew threw the air. The ThunderBird was a unique type of flying vehicle. It was a helicopter jet hybrid, capable of staying in the air for 26 hours straight. it was also armed with 4 Terranova Thermobaric-Nitroglycerin missiles and 2 "Smite" 1 megaton nuclear missiles.

"This is FireFly Search and Report squad. Estimated time to arrival at the area of disturbance is forty-five minutes."

"Copy that Thunderbird 147, FireFly may proceed with the mission."

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Something garbled into the Underium planes' comm systems. Apparently, it was coming from the towers.

"Welcome to Mew Falls, Mewsland. Population 745,016,812 as of the year 3211. Founded 2461 BC. Have a nice visit!"

The Justori planes would also catch sight of the towers in just a few moments, and would enter the city's comm net when they were about thirty minutes away. <OOC: Not trying to tell you what you're doing, just providing rough estimates.>

<OOC: Hopefully Mewsland would ring a bell with the Justori pilots, given that they made a trip to the future.>
Last edited by Mewsland on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Underium
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 pm

(( communication guy)) "General we have picked up a sqaudron of unidefntified aricraft flying towards target."

(( General)) " Put me on private i'll talk to them, Unidentified sqaudron identify yourselves and your intentions before we assume your hostiles!"

((communication)) " General, eta is 15 minutes.))

(( General)) " Good keep them on track and get the predator ready for combat against these aircraft or the city."

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:25 pm

As Mew Falls began to form before the Underium planes, the sights of the massive floating city would be astounding. Sixteen manmade islands, each about twenty miles across, and with towers that stand miles high. It would dwarf the planes into insignificance.

Justorica
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 pm

THe FireFly squadron was nearing the target. Large towers came into few.

"Ground, this is FireFly, it seems there are large manmade towers at the site of the disturbance."

"Copy that FireFly, continue the investigation."

As soon as that was said, a message chimed n all the ThunderBirds.

"Welcome to Mew Falls, Mewsland. Population 745,016,812 as of the year 3211. Founded 2461 BC. Have a nice visit!"

"Did you get that Ground?"

"Sure did FireFly, we'll run the location through our databases, see what we can find."

Thunderbird 134 quickly tuned into the channel that the message had come from.

"This is Justorican FireFly Search squad, who are you and what are you doing here?"

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:35 pm

"Justorica! They met us in the future five years before we came back in time!"

"Justorican squadron, this is President Mew Mæow XVI of the Federal Union and Territories of Mewsland. I hope it rings a bell, because I don't have much time to explain! We've got another squadron coming in, and they are coming in weapons hot! They think we are some capitalist organization and their comms are really fouling with the Mew Falls net."

Underium
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:36 pm

(( Sqaudron 1)) "HOLY RATS ASS!!!!!!!!!"

(( General)) " What is it sqaudron 1?"

(( Sqaudron 1)) " It's a city sir, not just one but sixteen weird giant floating island cities! id'd have to guess at least 15 miles long each!"

(( General)) " WHAT, wait how? even those damn capitalists can't build something that big!!!"

(( sqaudron 1)) " I don't know sir, do you still want us to engage?"

(( General)) " NO, do not engage, repeat do not engage! try to land somewhere and see who they are."

(( sqaudron 1 leader)) " Yes sir, ok sqaud were going in, weapons cold!!! we are going to find out what is it, and maybe who made it." As sqaudron leader searched throught the frequency he eventually found one that seemed to be connected with one of the cities. " Requesting permission to land, do you have space to land, and store 5 military jets?"

(( Communication)) " General, eta is 3 minutes."

(( general)) "good. Unidentified aircraft identify yourselves and purpose or we will open fire!!!"

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:38 pm

"Hold it! Unidentified squadron, we cannot open landing bay doors at this time. Most power is out on the cities. We barely have enough to sustain the Mew Falls communication net. Do not engage the other squadron. They are merely trying to find out just what the heck we are doing here... and to tell you the truth, we hardly even know."
Last edited by Mewsland on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Underium
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 pm

(( General)) " Unidentified aircraft you have five minutes to id or risk being fired upon this is a sensitive situation!"

(( communication)) he relayed the message given to him to the general.

((general )) " Ask them if they are capitalist scum!"

(( Communication)) " Unknown cities are you capitalist scum?"
Last edited by Underium on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:43 pm

At the mention of weapons fire by the Underium squadron, Mew Falls shifted into battle mode. The emergency weapons systems were activated via battery power.

"As of this moment, the area within fifty miles of Mew Falls is to be a neutral zone. Any and all weapons must be deactivated upon entry into the zone or else you may risk an engagement with the city itself, and trust me -- you would not want to do that."

Underium
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 pm

(( communication)) " Our weapons are off, now please answer are you capitalists."
Last edited by Underium on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 pm

"Negative. We share no affiliation with any capitalist organization of this time."

Underium
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:48 pm

(( communication)) "Then may squadron 1 land? our weapons are cold."

OOC: i had fun but i live in utah so it's 11:58 here and im really tired ill be on tommorow by 9 probably.
Last edited by Underium on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:50 pm

"We have opened a landing bay on the Outer Ring of islands. It should send up a beacon shortly."

A flare exploded above one of the islands, hoping to guide the squadron to the landing bay.

Justorica
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Mewsland wrote:"Justorica! They met us in the future five years before we came back in time!"

"Justorican squadron, this is President Mew Mæow XVI of the Federal Union and Territories of Mewsland. I hope it rings a bell, because I don't have much time to explain! We've got another squadron coming in, and they are coming in weapons hot! They think we are some capitalist organization and their comms are really fouling with the Mew Falls net."

"Ground, the destination seems to be a nation, and they seem to know us."

"FireFly, head back as soon as you can."

"Why? Ground? hello?"

"Just come back soon as you can"

~Meanwhile, in the Justorican Presidential Housing~

"Sir, its Mewsland. Apparently they've been sent back to the past."

Justori was utterly shocked. When a king had won an election, he propelled Justorica into the future. Unfortunately, something had gone wrong and the king was killed during a accidental teleportation back to the past. Of course the teleportation to the past was caused by Justori killing the power to the control room for a second causing a disruption in the timegate. It must have also folded over the space time continuum, how else would Mewsland be here?

"Call the FireFly squad back. I'm not ready to talk with the Mewsland people again."

See, the teleportation back killed everyone in the control room, and erased the memory of all the citizens because technically it never happened. Justori remembered because of an electrical fault, and his cabinet knew because he told them.

~Back with the FireFly squad~

"Well guys, time for us to head back."

All the ThunderBird pilots tried to turn around, but they couldn't.

"Steering's locked, I can't turn around."

"All systems are failing, we're going down."

"Engines are failing, we'll be going into a crashdown or a splashdown."

"Don't we still got the missiles?"

"Good idea private, everybody, send someone to keep the missiles attached to our ships. Then launch them to keep ourselves airbourne."

"That is crazy as hell and fuckin insane."

"It's either die, or die trying."

Privates from all the ships were sent to the side doors on each side to keep the missiles attached, even if launched. It included Industrial Mega-Glue, metal clamps, rope, tape, and Rubber-Elastic.

"Ok, everybody, launch missiles."

All the ships simultaneously flipped all the missile switches. All the missiles stayed put, but the missiles' propulsion systems did kick in. The ships stopped heading down and they were able to stay in the air, descending slowly downwards towards the gigantic manmade island. Perhaps they'd be able to land."

"HOOAAH! THAT WORKED! THANK FUCKIN GOD THAT WORKED!"

"Cept now we got to land in a unknown nation-like place."

ThunderBird 134 tuned into the same channel it had before.

"This is FireFly search squad, we met technical difficulties and are currently flying using our missiles' propulsion systems. We need permission to land."

~Back in Justorican Presidential Housing~

"Sir, the FireFly squad is having technical difficulties. The squad monitors show all systems are failing, all engines down, but it shows that they are still in the air."

"Justorican pilots are among some of the smartest most tactical people in the military, they found a way to fly."

"They'll have to land in Mewsland."

"Damnit. We'll send a Pickup team later. Right now I need to prepare for something I hadn't thought I'd need to do for hundreds of years."

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:05 pm

Mew Falls opened another landing bay, this time over the capitol island.

Justori would hopefully remember that Mew had also left a file in Justori's personal computer using who knows what. "Reversal of Fate", he called it. "Use it only if you encounter us in the wrong place... or even time. It will allow you to talk to me."

<Have to leave in ten minutes, so make it quick!>
Last edited by Mewsland on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Joseph
Envoy

Founded: Feb 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Andy Joseph » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 pm

"Unbelievable! Sir, are you getting this?"

"I don't believe it."

It was a huge energy spike. Enough to power Andy Joseph for who knows when.

"Get the General on the line. NOW!"

"Sir, we just got satellite surveillance of the area of the disturbance and well... I cant really describe it."

The captain nearly fainted. "They must be at least 20 miles long each!"

"Sir, I got the general on the line!"

The captain took the phone from the soldier.

The general was first to speak, "This better be good."

"Ummmm... Sir, you may want to see this for yourself."

The general brought up the satellite feed on his computer. He was immediately astonished.

The General was nearly screaming, "Scramble the jets! I want anything we can send heading towards that whatever the hell it is!" "I'll contact the president!"

Within one hour several Andy Joseph Airforce squadrons were hurling towards Mew Falls.
Last edited by Andy Joseph on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Underium
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:36 am

(( Communication)) " Uh, General take a look at our radar, wait what are those crazy unidentified aircraft, wait i see now i know those signatures thouse are justorian planes, repeat sqaudrons 1-5 the unidentifieds are justorian jets, wait they just launched their onboard missiles get ready for combat!"

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:56 am

Mew Falls shot off a warning blast about fifteen feet in front of the Underium squadrons. "Mind yourselves. They are merely trying to stay up into the air. If you will look, then you will see that their missiles are firmly attached."

As the city began to phase back into normal space-time, her net suddenly snapped into full activity as power came back. The squadrons of planes would suddenly have their comm systems flooded with transmissions -- on all frequencies -- as each of the islands reported in.

And then the city began to put out a gravity field.

The water came flying up, squirting out between Mew Falls' 4 central islands. It gave the city the appearance of a giant water fountain.

The city would begin to exert a pull on the nearby squadrons within moments.

"Garn. Be careful up there. The city's gravity field has just re-engaged!" Mew XVI's voice rang out clear as he stopped transmitting the other comms from the city to the squadrons.
Last edited by Mewsland on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Underium
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:08 am

(( sqaudron 1)) "We are getting ready to land now in the designated hangar please have a guid for us there so we may speak to your leader."

(( General)) " What you say they jsut launched them to stay in the air wow that's one of the craziest thing si've ever heard, othere then of course this whole island city thing, wait your breaking up!" The general said as all of the transmissions carried throught to the air base. " Wow, communications whats going on why did i lose them?!?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents