NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout Equestria: Worries in the Windy City (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Fallout Equestria: Worries in the Windy City (OOC)

Postby Fantrum » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:02 pm

IC

Making a return to the limelight at long last!

Its Fallout! Now with more ponies!

"Welcome, one and all, to the grand city of Chicacolt! The capital of the True Steel Rangers and pinnacle of equine technological prowess! The great city's past is troubled indeed, with the war and all that fiddly stuff. But we aren't here to discuss the past, Chicacolt is a city of the future, a beacon of tomorrow, and no one; not the false Steel Rangers who would stab you in the back for a shiny bit, not the self righteous traitors in the Applejack's Rangers, not the barbaric and blood thirsty Raiders, not the bureaucratic upstarts in the New Canterlot Republic, nor the fires of Zebra megaspells can stand in the way of our glorious city and the future!"

~ Radio broadcast from the Equestrian Broadcasting Center, Steel Rangers Elder Cherry Blossoms speaking

Mkay, this is an RP set in the wonderful world of Fallout Equestria, brought to us by the brilliant Kkat and her many disciples.

This RP is set 4 years after the events of Fallout Equestria in the pony metropolis of Chicacolt. To the northwest lies Manehattan, to the west is Fillydalphia, north to Canterlot, and northeast to Hoofington. Situated on the shore of a massive formation of lakes, Chicacolt served as a vital transportation hub for goods and ponies moving across Equestria. This made it one of the largest military bases away from the front line, with dozens of military depots and forts established to hold the tide of war equipment moving from coast to coast.

Map
The Red Circle represents the buildingless crater that signaled the death of old Chicacolt
1. Bunker Alpha (NSR)
2. Bunker Beta (NSR)
3. Bunker Gamma (NSR)
4. Applejack Tower/ Appletown (NSR)
5. Luna Spire (Unaligned)
6. Celestia Center (Unaligned)
7. EBC Tower (NSR)
8. John Hooftrot Building (NSR)
9. Fluttershy Medical (FoA)
10. Unity Temple (FoA)
11. Moramane City (Unaligned)
12. Sherclop Farms (Unaligned)
13. Midway Skyport (SR)
14. O'Hare Skyport (Enclave)
15. NCR I-94 outpost (NCR)
16. AJR Outpost/ Fluttershy Botanic Gardens (AJR)
17. Stable 60/Lombard (Raider Tribes)

Bunker Alpha: The largest in a series of bunkers around the city held by the Steel Ranger splinter group, it serves as their headquarters from which they rule much of the downtown chicacolt area and surrounding suburbs. The Bunker is Stable 61, simply converted to act as a military headquarters after the original group of Steel Rangers found it and took over the population, using them to exercise their power.

Bunker Beta:
The second largest bunker belonging to the ‘New’ Steel Rangers, this installation acts as a bulwark for the group’s Western flank. Located on the Eastern side of the Chicacolt River, Bunker Beta is situated in the basements and above buildings of the former University District, connected by way of tunnels and trenches, dug using the abilities of the organization’s few Hellhounds that have joined of their own volition. The district’s surrounding sewer systems have also been integrated into the sprawling fortification, to some degree.

Bunker Gamma:
The third largest bunker, and command station of the ‘New’ Steel Ranger’s Northern territory, Bunker Gamma is situated underneath and inside of FlimFlam Field, the massive stadium having managed to withstand part of the Balefire bomb’s explosion. It’s walls remain partially in tact, and it provides shelter both from the elements and hostile fire. It connects to the sewer system. But, with much of the underground passages being collapsed, due to the Balefire bomb explosion, the Rangers can only use two manholes to outmaneuver any assailants . . . or be sneaked up on with.

The Applejack Tower/ Appletown (Willis Tower): A massive building in downtown Chicacolt, home to the Ministry of Wartime Technologies Chicacolt Hub. Acting as the forward operating base for the Steel Rangers and as a large settlement of trader ponies and other people living under the rule of the Steel Rangers calling themselves Appletown.

The Luna Spire (Chicago Spire): A hyperrise sky scraper located in downtown to the northeast of the Applejack tower, it serves as the Ministry of Awesome's Chicacolt Hub. It remains untouched by the hooves of would be scavengers as it is patrolled round the clock by automated security, including multiple ultra sentinels and Mark V laser turrets.

Celestia Center (Lake Point Tower): The Ministry of Arcane Sciences Hub. Locked away behind a shimmering blue shield of impenetrable magic, no one knows what kind of riches, or horrors may lay in wait inside.

Equestrian Broadcasting Center (NBC Tower): Equestrian Radio's headquarters, acted as a front for the Ministry of Image hub residing inside. The building is being used by the Steel Rangers to send Elder Cherry Blossoms' message to the world.

John Hooftrot Building/ Abandon's Gate (John Hancock Building): Being one of the closest buildings to the balefire blast, the Ministry of Morale's Hub in Chicacolt only managed to keep it's inhabitants safe from the initial fires of the detonation, but the shields failed directly after the flames passed, leaving the building's workers to the mercy of balefire radiation. The ponies inside were ghoulified quickly afterward, the survivors founded their own town inside the heavily irradiated building, calling the settlement Abaddon's Gate. They live under the protection of the Steel Rangers and trade with other nearby settlements.

UChicacolt Medical Center/ Fluttershy Medical (UChicago Medical Center): The Ministry of Peace Hub, home to the Followers of the Apocalypse Chicacolt branch. They maintain an open door policy for anyone seeking medical aide and trade their medical expertise for protection from the Steel Rangers.

Unity Temple (Unity Temple):
Once a church built for the worship of the Princesses, the temple still stands strong thanks to its oddly Unitarian structure, proving to be a sturdy match for the End of the World. The interior was in serious decay, however, and needed much renovating before the Followers of the Apocalypse could open it as a sanctuary for all Alicorns, as well as any other pony in need. The only requirements is that they not cause trouble and do their best to help out, and they're allowed to stay as long as they want to or need. As such, it has a high concentration of regular Alicorn members: approximately twelve.

Moramane City (Moraine Valley Community College):
Long ago, this collection of buildings was used for the advancement of knowledge. During the Last Day, and the not-quite-so-last-days that followed, the massive storage of information was lost to the fires and radiation. Very few tomes of learning survived, and many that did were burned for warmth in the winters. Nowadays, it's an outpost open to ponies, gryphons, and even Zebras. But, because of the strict rule against creatures forged by radiation, ghouls, Alicorns, and Hellhounds are shot-on-sight.

Sherclop Farms (Harborside International Golf Center):
An independent community formed in the southern section of Chicacolt, on the remains of an old hoofing course. A farming community.
Midway Skyport (Midway Airport): Citadel of the Old Steel Rangers, huge walls glistening with laser turrets and heavily armed paladins guard this place, the smaller of the two Chicacolt skyports.

O'Hare military Skyport (O'Hare Airport): The Larger skyport in the area, swarming with Enclave soldiers and rumored to hold weapons of war so powerful, it would tip the balance of power in the entire region.

Fluttershy Botanic Gardens (Chicago Botanic Gardens): Once a beautiful garden that was rivaled only by the gardens of Canterlot itself, now a ruined mess of its former self. The ground is pure once again, but the garden has been slow to recover its stunning plant life, without the tender care of professional gardener ponies. The Applejack's Rangers use the gardens as a headquarters to keep tabs on the city.

Stable 60 (Lombard): An old stable, its original inhabitants long gone, conquered by the head Raider Gore Splash and turned into his personal house of horrors from which he controls his raider empire. Though recently put through a series of crushing defeats at the hooves of the New Steel Rangers, they are not to be underestimated, launching attacks on caravans moving in and out of the city regularly and harassing literally everyone they are in range of. The true location of the Stable is unknown.

The Steel Rangers Splinter group: The Steel Rangers control vast swaths of the city and are by far the largest and best armed of any faction present in Chicacolt. They operate out of Bunker Alpha and many other bases around the area, providing protection to many settlements and groups in exchange for tribute; be it food, water, tech know how, or even recruits. The Splinter group differs greatly from the old Steel Rangers in that instead of hording their technology and stealing what they didnt have, the paladins that founded the new Rangers used their skills to build a small empire and accepted all manor of people to enlist in their ranks. But now, they find themselves spread thin as new and greater dangers encroach on the Steel Ranger's windy city.

The Applejack's Rangers: A newer addition to the list of powers in the region, the AJR sent an expedition to the area expecting to find a ruined city devoid of life or resistance. What they did find was a very powerful group of ponies calling themselves Steel Rangers and a city that was far from dead. After initial skirmishes, the AJR retreated to the Fluttershy Botanic Gardens where they have stayed, relativity out of the SR's way.

The Steel Rangers: Having set up an operating base to the west of the city in the Midway Skyport, they have frequent clashes with the Splinter group and are becoming more and more powerful as a result of the Splinter faction's negligence in dealing with the intrusion before they could dig in. Now they operate from their citadel in the Midway skyport, having built massive walls around the tarmac and placed defensive sentries all along it.

The Raider Tribes: The long lasting enemy of any pony living in the wasteland. The raiders are loosely organized with the head honcho residing in the suburban Stable 60 under Lombard. They operate in small bands but have mostly been beaten out of the the downtown area.

The Enclave Remnant: Once the dominant force in Chicacolt, using the city as a vital point for groundside operations and scavenging the city's copious amounts of old world treasures, the remnant was forced to abandon most of its positions throughout the city as operation CAUTERIZE drew their forces to other parts of Equestria. Now, after refusing to surrender with the rest of the enclave, they maintain a massive fortress built around O'hare Skyport where they house three raptor class air ships and hundreds of loyalest enclave troops. Truly a force for even the Steel Rangers to fear, but they lack reinforcements and a steady supply train, so they bide their time, moving only in the shadows or at night to accomplish their objectives, which remain hidden to anyone outside the enclave command staff.

The New Canterlot Republic: While they are still relatively new to the power stage, they number greater than any of the other factions, even if they are poorly equipped by comparison. They have only a small border outpost along Equestrian Highway 94 which facilitates the furthest southward advancement of the fledgling republic.

The Followers of the Apocalypse: Ponies, under the guidance and wisdom of Velvet Remedy, working for the good of the wasteland. They operate a clinic/ collage in the remains of the Chicacolt medical University, offering their knowledge or a helping hoof to anyone that needs it.

Note: All Factions and Locations are subject to change and this is by no means a final list.

Code: Select all
App:
Name:
Species: (No changelings)
Personality:
3 Tag Skills:
Gear:
Bio:
App Finder

For what I am looking for in the skills section, see here. Only New Vegas applies.

Name: Sapphire Sands
Description: See Signature, cutie mark is the medical pole with wings and two twined snakes
Species: Unicorn
Special Talent: Medicine
Personality: Caring, lighthearted, she seeks to lend a helping hoof where she can, but the wasteland has taught her to be cautious. Secretly, she blames herself for things that go wrong in her life.
Skills: Science, Medicine, Survival
Gear: X1 old combat armor, X6 healing potions, X1 fairly good condition 10mm pistol, X40 rounds, other miscellaneous items and souvenirs
Bio: Sapphire Sands grew up on the outskirts of Manehattan with her kid brother, mother, and scavenger father. They moved around often to keep from being pinned down by some unknown enemy, at least unknown at the time to Sapphire. Her father was a Unicorn and her mother a Pegasus, and as a small foal, all that meant to Sapp was snuggling in her mother's feathers. One day, when she was about 12 years old, the people her parents were running from finally caught up with them. The ensuing one sided battle saw Sapphire experience the death of her father. It was when she attempted to help her mortally wounded father that she got her cutie mark. She managed to escape with her brother, Thunder Flare, who was only 7, by getting into the sewers and only leaving once they were sure the nightmare creatures shaped like ponies were gone. As a 12 year old kid, she managed to pile some rubble over the corpse of her father, but her mom was no where to be found. Alone with her young, crying, pegasus brother, she could do nothing but survive.

Thats what she did she raised Thunder herself, even giving him her food and going hungry most times. it wasn't until she was twenty and had traveled all the way to Hoofington that she managed to refine her special talent, spending the year at the Collegiate to learn many magical spells that helped her become a more efficient medic. She then joined the Followers of the Apocalypse and for four years she helped with the development of the NCR in Junction Town and elsewhere, earning a very decent living as a doctor before being reassigned to the Fluttershy Medical Center, where she is headed now.
App Finder

The Op Team:
Supreme overlord of Chaos- Fantrum
Lord of Chaos- Fralinia
Formally a Lord of Chaos- New Willow
Formally a Lord of Chaos- Felkesjud
Rules
1. Op and Co-Ops have final say, duh
2. This is strictly a character based RP, no player controlled factions allowed
3. Flame wars are not permitted, if you have something to say about how much you feel about something that means nothing to anyone else, take it elsewhere
4. Luna is best Pone
5. Enjoy!
6. You may change tag skills at any time until your first post, once you have posted for the first time with a character, all tag skills are final
7. If you have no experience with FoE you are not allowed to be an Alicorn, from this moment forth, only those who have finished the story are allowed to be alicorns.

The accepted players list The Endless Legions of Chaos
Sapphire Sands -Science, Medicine, Survival- Fantrum
Redeeming Grace (AKA Ullerien) -Speech, Barter, Sneak- Fascist Russian Empire
Thunder Flare -Survival, Guns, Melee Weapons- Felkesjud
Opium Rush -Medicine, Barter, Speech- Das Metro
Sterling Silver -Barter, Speech, Guns- Fralinia
Fuses -Science, Repair, Explosives- Lunas Legion
Armored Star -Guns, Speech, Lockpick- Slorch
Rook Pawn -Science, medicine, survival- New Willow
Silent Thunder -Speech, unarmed, guns- New Babylonia
Black Hawk -Melee weapons, Guns, Unarmed- The Flutterlands
Akira -Speech, Barter, Survival- Pragia
Shadow Slash -Unarmed, Explosives, Melee Weapons- New Babylonia
Breakthrough -Melee Weapons, Survival, Unarmed- Paginista
Last edited by Fantrum on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 36 times in total.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:25 pm

tagging, 'cause co-OP :3

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:07 pm

Looks like a fairly interesting RP; I really do need to get into more Fallout RPs, and more pony RPs. However, I must ask, just how important is it to be familiar with the Fallout Equestria fanfic? I have not actually read the entire story, I've only read the first twenty two chapters or so; would this get in the way of me understanding things at all, or would it not really matter if someone hasn't finished reading Fallout Equestria? If this RP is going to very heavily revolve around the actual fanfic, it's probably for the best that I don't join.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Looks like a fairly interesting RP; I really do need to get into more Fallout RPs, and more pony RPs. However, I must ask, just how important is it to be familiar with the Fallout Equestria fanfic? I have not actually read the entire story, I've only read the first twenty two chapters or so; would this get in the way of me understanding things at all, or would it not really matter if someone hasn't finished reading Fallout Equestria? If this RP is going to very heavily revolve around the actual fanfic, it's probably for the best that I don't join.

In truth, my faithful Co Op has not finished the story either, and we were able to make this world. If you have partial knowledge of both Fallout and FoE, youll be fine, and if you have questions, Ill be more than willing to help you out.
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Looks like a fairly interesting RP; I really do need to get into more Fallout RPs, and more pony RPs. However, I must ask, just how important is it to be familiar with the Fallout Equestria fanfic? I have not actually read the entire story, I've only read the first twenty two chapters or so; would this get in the way of me understanding things at all, or would it not really matter if someone hasn't finished reading Fallout Equestria? If this RP is going to very heavily revolve around the actual fanfic, it's probably for the best that I don't join.

Haha, as Fan said, you've read more than me, then. Whatever I don't know, I wiki. And, since most spin-off RPs only require a small amount of info from the story by kkat, that has yet to cause me any problems. Heck, when I started my first FoE RP, I hadn't ever touched either the fanfic or the game. So, yeah, feel free to jump on in! :)
And, again like Fan said, if ya have any questions, we'd be happy to answer them.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Fantrum wrote:In truth, my faithful Co Op has not finished the story either, and we were able to make this world. If you have partial knowledge of both Fallout and FoE, youll be fine, and if you have questions, Ill be more than willing to help you out.

That works out nicely, then; I suppose I'll start working on an application fairly shortly, in that case. One more question, are players restricted to only pony characters, or are griffin, changeling, zebra, ghoul, etcetera characters allowed?

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
Fantrum wrote:In truth, my faithful Co Op has not finished the story either, and we were able to make this world. If you have partial knowledge of both Fallout and FoE, youll be fine, and if you have questions, Ill be more than willing to help you out.

That works out nicely, then; I suppose I'll start working on an application fairly shortly, in that case. One more question, are players restricted to only pony characters, or are griffin, changeling, zebra, ghoul, etcetera characters allowed?

They are allowed, or else I would have said otherwise in the Op :) I appreciate you asking first though, thanks.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:35 pm

Well, this took a long-ass time to write; truth be told, though, it was really because I just couldn't decide upon a lot of really simple things, like names and whatnot, and spent fifteen minutes deciding on every little tiny detail. Either way, here's a Changeling character; I hope you don't mind, but I incorporated a few of my Changeling headcanons into his biography. I always envision the Changelings as a divided, war torn race with tons of infighting, and my character's biography reflects that headcanon; again, I hope you don't mind.
App:

Name: His Changeling name is Ullerien (Changelings tending to have much more exotic names than ponies), although around everyone else he goes by the name of Redeeming Grace.

Description: He's a Changeling; I think you should be able to guess what an average Changeling looks like. In his pony disguise form, he is a white pegasus with a blonde mane and tail, blue eyes, and for a cutie-mark his alter ego has a double headed black eagle with a golden crown on either head which carries in one talon a sword and in the other talon a shining shield, representing his alter ego's diplomatic elegance and talent at defending those in need.

Species: Changeling.

Special Talent: Everything you would expect from a Changeling; espionage, manipulation, stealth, assassinations, all the things you would expect a shapeshifter to be able to do.

Personality: Manipulative, opportunistic, and ruthless, doing essentially anything if it benefits him even in the slightest. His alter ego, Redeeming Grace, however, is incredibly kind, charitable, and friendly, and always helps people in need; Ullerien does a rather good job maintaining this charade, finding that it's easier to siphon love from other ponies if he's actually kind to them.

3 Tag Skills: Speech, Barter, and Sneak.

Gear: Pre-war formal wear and a top hat (for the most part, he cares more about appearances and impressing others than he does defense, considering the fact that he can shapeshift into a member of any faction he wants at the drop of a hat and avoid most danger anyway), a decent condition machete, a rather good condition (easily concealable) switchblade, four stimpacks (or whatever the Fallout Equestria equivalent is), and various junk/trade items. He doesn't carry any food, since Changelings feed on love, it would be a waste of space to carry pony food.

Bio: Ullerien was born in a very far away land, a place which almost no ponies have ever been to or heard of, in the home of the Changelings, a barren wasteland in the very far north of the world. He was born into one of several warring Changeling hives, competing for dominance of the region; Changeling society was very much so divided, with several large cliques of Changelings being in a state of near perpetual war, each led by their own King or Queen. While the Changeling species was naturally suited to serve espionage roles, considering their shapeshifting abilities, it was actually rather uncommon for Changelings to serve infiltration roles, with the majority serving as soldiers prepared to die fighting some nation or another. There were several reasons behind this; for one, there was the fact that each of the Changeling cliques had to deal with nearly nonstop fighting with their rivals in the Changeling community, and espionage between separate Changeling factions wasn't particularly effective, making it more valuable to have simple soldiers rather than spies. Not only that, but individual infiltrators couldn't secure enough love to feed an entire nation of Changelings, and the most common method of obtaining more food for the Changelings was to carry out military raids or outright invasions against the pony and griffin towns to the south, enslave their populations, and hypnotize the captured slaves into providing love to the Changelings.

Ullerien, however, had the privilege of being born into the aristocracy of his clique, being born a prince and heir to the throne of his hive. Changeling royalty tended to be the ones most frequently engaging in espionage, and diplomatic activities, with Changeling kings, queens, princes, and princesses usually being the ones to infiltrate other nations, while the commoners were almost universally soldiers; that way, the aristocracy scouted for new targets to attack, looked for weaknesses amongst their enemies, and, occasionally, engaged in diplomacy, while the common Changelings did the grunt work. Considering his privileged birth, Ullerien was raised to be both a cunning spy and a charming diplomat, being personally tutored by his father, the King of his hive, and the young Changeling easily picked up on such skills. Ullerien would prove to be rather adept at the diplomacy game, becoming quite skilled at manipulating ponies, and his espionage abilities weren't half bad either.

Things, however, were not fine and dandy for very long. A few months after Ullerien turned seventeen, his hive had several unlucky battles against its rivals, with his nation being dealt several devastating blows by its Changeling enemies. His own clique grew weak to the point where the other nations launched a major battle at their underground fortress to wipe them out entirely. Things didn't work out very well for Ullerien's hive, with his clique being almost completely exterminated; while they fought valiantly against their opponents, they were ultimately slain nearly to the absolute last Changeling, Ullerien being one of the very few survivors of the attack. Ullerien was lucky enough to escape, and flee southward, to the pony realms, to seek refuge and start anew.

After several weeks of traveling, Ullerien (or, as he called his alter ego, Redeeming Grace) eventually stumbled across the Followers of the Apocalypse; there, he started volunteering to help the Followers, and began working with them. He didn't actually care about their goals, but they were a very reputable group, and he knew that getting on their good side would help him get love from the other ponies easier, so, thusly, he started working for them. After a few weeks, he had proved himself to be a reliable asset to their cause, and Ullerien was allowed to become an official member of the Followers of the Apocalypse. Over the course of the next few years, Ullerien worked as a guard, escort, and negotiator for the Followers, helping them protect themselves from raiders and helping them with various business negotiations (a field he particularly excelled at), doing all kinds of things to help them out. Being a shapeshifter allowed him quite a bit of flexibility, letting him steal from various groups to get supplies for the Followers (since he was able to disguise himself as members of that faction, and would look inconspicuous taking their supplies), letting him spy on raider groups to get advance warning on attacks against the Followers, and letting him negotiate with various merchant companies for supplies far easier (since he could simply disguise himself as someone that company would be more amiable to striking a deal with).

Ullerien, after several years of exceptional work for the Followers, had gained quite the reputation, being known as a charitable, kind, and dependable pony. It wasn't particularly hard for him to find the love he needed to sustain and nourish himself, considering his immensely positive reputation within the Followers. He had been living and working in Manehatten, and he had acquired a fairly wide network of contacts there. However, Ullerien eventually decided to move on to other cities, and he traveled to work with the Chicacolt branch of the Followers, wanting to widen his social network and expand his reputation further.

App Finder

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:28 am

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Well, this took a long-ass time to write; truth be told, though, it was really because I just couldn't decide upon a lot of really simple things, like names and whatnot, and spent fifteen minutes deciding on every little tiny detail. Either way, here's a Changeling character; I hope you don't mind, but I incorporated a few of my Changeling headcanons into his biography. I always envision the Changelings as a divided, war torn race with tons of infighting, and my character's biography reflects that headcanon; again, I hope you don't mind.
App:

Name: His Changeling name is Ullerien (Changelings tending to have much more exotic names than ponies), although around everyone else he goes by the name of Redeeming Grace.

Description: He's a Changeling; I think you should be able to guess what an average Changeling looks like. In his pony disguise form, he is a white pegasus with a blonde mane and tail, blue eyes, and for a cutie-mark his alter ego has a double headed black eagle with a golden crown on either head which carries in one talon a sword and in the other talon a shining shield, representing his alter ego's diplomatic elegance and talent at defending those in need.

Species: Changeling.

Special Talent: Everything you would expect from a Changeling; espionage, manipulation, stealth, assassinations, all the things you would expect a shapeshifter to be able to do.

Personality: Manipulative, opportunistic, and ruthless, doing essentially anything if it benefits him even in the slightest. His alter ego, Redeeming Grace, however, is incredibly kind, charitable, and friendly, and always helps people in need; Ullerien does a rather good job maintaining this charade, finding that it's easier to siphon love from other ponies if he's actually kind to them.

3 Tag Skills: Speech, Barter, and Sneak.

Gear: Pre-war formal wear and a top hat (for the most part, he cares more about appearances and impressing others than he does defense, considering the fact that he can shapeshift into a member of any faction he wants at the drop of a hat and avoid most danger anyway), a decent condition machete, a rather good condition (easily concealable) switchblade, four stimpacks (or whatever the Fallout Equestria equivalent is), and various junk/trade items. He doesn't carry any food, since Changelings feed on love, it would be a waste of space to carry pony food.

Bio: Ullerien was born in a very far away land, a place which almost no ponies have ever been to or heard of, in the home of the Changelings, a barren wasteland in the very far north of the world. He was born into one of several warring Changeling hives, competing for dominance of the region; Changeling society was very much so divided, with several large cliques of Changelings being in a state of near perpetual war, each led by their own King or Queen. While the Changeling species was naturally suited to serve espionage roles, considering their shapeshifting abilities, it was actually rather uncommon for Changelings to serve infiltration roles, with the majority serving as soldiers prepared to die fighting some nation or another. There were several reasons behind this; for one, there was the fact that each of the Changeling cliques had to deal with nearly nonstop fighting with their rivals in the Changeling community, and espionage between separate Changeling factions wasn't particularly effective, making it more valuable to have simple soldiers rather than spies. Not only that, but individual infiltrators couldn't secure enough love to feed an entire nation of Changelings, and the most common method of obtaining more food for the Changelings was to carry out military raids or outright invasions against the pony and griffin towns to the south, enslave their populations, and hypnotize the captured slaves into providing love to the Changelings.

Ullerien, however, had the privilege of being born into the aristocracy of his clique, being born a prince and heir to the throne of his hive. Changeling royalty tended to be the ones most frequently engaging in espionage, and diplomatic activities, with Changeling kings, queens, princes, and princesses usually being the ones to infiltrate other nations, while the commoners were almost universally soldiers; that way, the aristocracy scouted for new targets to attack, looked for weaknesses amongst their enemies, and, occasionally, engaged in diplomacy, while the common Changelings did the grunt work. Considering his privileged birth, Ullerien was raised to be both a cunning spy and a charming diplomat, being personally tutored by his father, the King of his hive, and the young Changeling easily picked up on such skills. Ullerien would prove to be rather adept at the diplomacy game, becoming quite skilled at manipulating ponies, and his espionage abilities weren't half bad either.

Things, however, were not fine and dandy for very long. A few months after Ullerien turned seventeen, his hive had several unlucky battles against its rivals, with his nation being dealt several devastating blows by its Changeling enemies. His own clique grew weak to the point where the other nations launched a major battle at their underground fortress to wipe them out entirely. Things didn't work out very well for Ullerien's hive, with his clique being almost completely exterminated; while they fought valiantly against their opponents, they were ultimately slain nearly to the absolute last Changeling, Ullerien being one of the very few survivors of the attack. Ullerien was lucky enough to escape, and flee southward, to the pony realms, to seek refuge and start anew.

After several weeks of traveling, Ullerien (or, as he called his alter ego, Redeeming Grace) eventually stumbled across the Followers of the Apocalypse; there, he started volunteering to help the Followers, and began working with them. He didn't actually care about their goals, but they were a very reputable group, and he knew that getting on their good side would help him get love from the other ponies easier, so, thusly, he started working for them. After a few weeks, he had proved himself to be a reliable asset to their cause, and Ullerien was allowed to become an official member of the Followers of the Apocalypse. Over the course of the next few years, Ullerien worked as a guard, escort, and negotiator for the Followers, helping them protect themselves from raiders and helping them with various business negotiations (a field he particularly excelled at), doing all kinds of things to help them out. Being a shapeshifter allowed him quite a bit of flexibility, letting him steal from various groups to get supplies for the Followers (since he was able to disguise himself as members of that faction, and would look inconspicuous taking their supplies), letting him spy on raider groups to get advance warning on attacks against the Followers, and letting him negotiate with various merchant companies for supplies far easier (since he could simply disguise himself as someone that company would be more amiable to striking a deal with).

Ullerien, after several years of exceptional work for the Followers, had gained quite the reputation, being known as a charitable, kind, and dependable pony. It wasn't particularly hard for him to find the love he needed to sustain and nourish himself, considering his immensely positive reputation within the Followers. He had been living and working in Manehatten, and he had acquired a fairly wide network of contacts there. However, Ullerien eventually decided to move on to other cities, and he traveled to work with the Chicacolt branch of the Followers, wanting to widen his social network and expand his reputation further.

App Finder

Alright, overall, an exceptional app, accepted. Id just like to have you understand a few things. 1. Stimpacks= Healing potions and 2. The Followers were only founded 4 years ago by Velvet Remedy. Your app is vauge enough that you dont need to change anything, but Id like you to understand that they arent as old a faction as you think

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:12 am

Fantrum wrote:Alright, overall, an exceptional app, accepted. Id just like to have you understand a few things. 1. Stimpacks= Healing potions and 2. The Followers were only founded 4 years ago by Velvet Remedy. Your app is vauge enough that you dont need to change anything, but Id like you to understand that they arent as old a faction as you think

Well, alright then; like I said, I haven't finished Fallout Equestria, I don't know all the little details like that. Basically, I get all my Fallout related knowledge from Fallout New Vegas; I've played more than a hundred and sixty hours of FNV, I've gotten all four main story endings, and I've finished all the DLCs, so I think it's safe to say I know more about New Vegas than Fallout Equestria. When I think of the Followers of the Apocalypse, I tend to think of Julie Farkas, and New Vegas's Followers. Either way, I suppose, thanks for the correction.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:19 am

Fantrum wrote:Alright, overall, an exceptional app, accepted. Id just like to have you understand a few things. 1. Stimpacks= Healing potions and 2. The Followers were only founded 4 years ago by Velvet Remedy. Your app is vauge enough that you dont need to change anything, but Id like you to understand that they arent as old a faction as you think

Well, alright then; like I said, I haven't finished Fallout Equestria, I don't know all the little details like that. Basically, I get all my Fallout related knowledge from Fallout New Vegas; I've played more than a hundred and sixty hours of FNV, I've gotten all four main story endings, and I've finished all the DLCs, so I think it's safe to say I know more about New Vegas than Fallout Equestria. When I think of the Followers of the Apocalypse, I tend to think of Julie Farkas, and New Vegas's Followers. Either way, I suppose, thanks for the correction.

Not a correction, simply informing you. :) I'll wait a little while to put up the IC until we have more people.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Fantrum wrote:Not a correction, simply informing you. :) I'll wait a little while to put up the IC until we have more people.

You know, you might be able to attract a few more people if you dish out a few invitations via telegram to the people you imagine would be interested; just putting that out there.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Fantrum wrote:Not a correction, simply informing you. :) I'll wait a little while to put up the IC until we have more people.

You know, you might be able to attract a few more people if you dish out a few invitations via telegram to the people you imagine would be interested; just putting that out there.

Yeah, I understand, I just haven't had the time to between watching Pulp Fiction last night and school. Give me two hours and I'll be able to give out a few invites.

Das Metro
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Tagged to the max!
Just call me Metro OOC
New Willow wrote:I can't stop laughing right now, my sides hurt so much right now! Bravo you have reached the rank of professional comedian.

Member of NS' Hoofington Reapers

Slorch
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Tag I guess.
"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II
Slorch wrote:click the 'wrote' button.
Nua Corda wrote:click the 'wrote' button.

Fluttershy is Best pony

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Its like a family reunion! Spread the word guys!

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:31 pm

App:
Name: Thunder Flare
Description: dodger blue coat, tuffs & columbia blue mane, and seafoam eyes. Tenor voice. Or just this.
Species: Pegasus
Special Talent: bursts of high speed when flying
Personality: Optimistic and cheerful. Has a strong moral code to help those in need, but can sometimes be taken advantage of somewhat easily, if his sister is not around.
3 Tag Skills: Survival, Guns, Melee Weapons
Gear: 1x 'worn' leather armour, 1x wasteland wanderer outfit, 1x roving trader hat (& goggles), 1x IF-9 combat shotgun (22 rounds), 1x 'good' Bowie knife, 2x frag grenades, binoculars, canteen, a make-shift water purifier, and scavenged food.
Bio: Thunder Flare is the younger brother of Sapphire Sands, having been raised by their two parents on the edges of Manehattan. When growing up, the small family unit moved around a lot. Thunder was never quite sure why. To him, all it meant was that he never got to have lasting friendships. So, whenever they settled down for a while, he most kept to himself, rarely forging strong bonds with other ponies his age. Of course, even that came to an end the day their family was attacked by a group of marauding monster-ponies covered in metal, killing their father and stealing away their mother. At the very least, that's what seemed had happened in the mind of Thunder, as he took refuge in the shadows to avoid the eyes of the assailants. Afterwards, Thunder was raised by his sister, who was about five years older than he. For the next eight years, the pair managed to barely scrape by in the wastes of Equestria, many a time finding themselves balanced precariously on the edge of the knife of Life or Death. However, when Thunder turned 15, his sister brought the two to Hoofington, where she trained in the arts of medicine and healing at the Collegiate.

Meanwhile, Thunder tried to join the Reapers gang. During his and Saph's journeys, he found he was almost dead weight for her, and that she'd likely be doing better off without him. So, what started as a way for the pegasus to gain combat experience, became a mission to prove that he could be of use. So, when Sapphire signed up for the Collegiate, Thunder did his best to earn the eyes of any members from the Reapers, finally gaining an apprenticeship with one of the middle-ranking members. For the full year that the two were in Hoofington, the siblings were, for the first time, split-up. Initially, this caused quite a shock for Thunder. But, the constant physical and combat training that his mentor--a fellow Pegasus called 'Say My Name'--loaded him with, made the distance more bearable . . . or simply out of mind. It wasn't until the entire year had gone by, in which the two never say eachother in-person and had to communicate through letters delivered by caravan, that the two siblings were re-united. Sapphire had learned much more of the trade she seemed so passionate about, and Thunder had finally earned his cutie mark: a blindingly-white flash broken by a single bullet. Surprisingly, despite all the time he spent around a bunch of rough n' tough-style gangsters, Thunder Flare had managed to hold onto much of his upbeat, happy-go-lucky attitude. However, his vocabularly did include a new variety of colourful exclamations and adjectives. But, at long last, he pledged to his sister that he'd no longer be a useless mouth to feed.

For the next four years, he put his new-found skills to use, serving as a guard for the Followers, while his sister served among their ranks. He even enjoyed the time he spent in the New Canterlot Republic, due to their generally helpful nature and openness to all the species. However, now the pair are finding themselves in the Windy City, home of the 'True' Steel Rangers--or so they call themselves--and Thunder has yet to come to any decision about them, or the fractured city itself, sporting practically every major faction under the sun of the Equestrian Wastes.
App Finder
Last edited by Felkesjud on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fralinia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fralinia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:10 pm

It would seem my presence has been requested. Very well, I shall tag.

Shall I alert the Willow, or has he already been notified?
John Rawls wrote:Justice is the first virtue of social institutions, as truth is of systems of thought. A theory, however elegant and economical must be rejected or revised if it is untrue; likewise laws and institutions no matter how efficient and well-arranged must be reformed or abolished if they are unjust.

Che Guevera wrote: At a given moment it appears that there may have been a great commotion and a single great change. But that change has been gestating among men day by day, and sometimes generation by generation.
History buff, anti-imperialist. Small horse aficionado. Big fan of Paradox games and almost-state-champion debater.
I read the news.
This poster is a known communist sympathizer.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Fralinia wrote:It would seem my presence has been requested. Very well, I shall tag.

Shall I alert the Willow, or has he already been notified?

I sent Willow an invitation as well, thank you for coming Fral, its good to see you again

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:41 pm

App:
Name: Opium Rush
Description: Opium is a white colt who has more scars than he does teeth. He has a jet black mane, kept shaggy and undone on purpose. His eyes are a startling orange, and have a certain unpredictable quality to them. Opium's cutiemark is a syringe full of green liquid. Opium is rather built, normal for an earth pony, and also has a rather dazzling smile.
Species: Earth Pony.
Special Talent: Drugs/Chems
Personality: A little frightening, though definitely not in the 'grrr, scary' sense. Opium is a very complex pony with odd habits. He has a very loud, fragmented personality, a byproduct of years of drug abuse. If Opium isn't using his silver tongue to coax another filly (or colt) back to his place for the night, he's causing trouble. Normally, he is quite charming.
3 Tag Skills: Medicine, Barter, Speech.
Gear:
- Slaver Barding (usually concealed by a patchy cloak)
- Pair of saddlebags with all sorts of addictive goodies.
- Unicorn Horn Necklace
- Sickly looking combat knife
- Chrome, engraved lighter.
Bio: Opium's little story starts off with a bit of a bang. Born into one of the many raider tribes, he was raised an a regimen of violence, and bravado. His mother was a straight up killer, and his father kept track of the slaves. Wien he was three, his mother abandoned him and his father for reasons unknown. Opium never found out what caused her to run off, but as he grew older, the reason behind it grew less and less relevant.

As he drifted into adolescence, he grew very spiteful towards his absent mother, and mares in general. His father too busy to keep an eye on him, Opium regularly caused problems purely for amusement. He put megadoses of morphine in other raiders water, threw acetal metal at the slaves (mainly the fillies) and got into chems and alcohol himself.

It wasn't until he was fifteen that Opium decided to look intuitive making his own chems when the local dealer would no longer sell to him. Little did Opium know? He has a natural affinity for chemicals. Though he has no recipe, everything just clicked. The end result of his escapade into science was a potent relaxant, and his cutiemark.

Once he had his special talent figured, Opium didn't waste anytime not working to improve his craft. He found recipes for the popular wasteland chems, and states selling his strong narcotics. The other dealer that so rudely refused to service Opium was ran out of business, and now, Opium did not only have as much chems as he could ever want, but he had caps.

Though he loved his father to death, reaching adulthood was a pivotal point in Opium's life. He had grown tired of the regular Slaver lifestyle. The gore and viscera was fun, but it seemed like more of a hobby than a way of one. Opium knew what he wanted out of life. He wanted spice, freedom, and the ability to do whatever the hell he liked. Without much of a goodbye, Opium set out on a quest of self discovery and adventure.

Four years later, and that's where he is today. Suffering from crippling headaches, and a bad set of lungs. Excessive use of his precious chems destroyed his mental health, and turned him into a sociopath far more intimidating than any of his raider cousins.
App Finder
Last edited by Das Metro on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Metro OOC
New Willow wrote:I can't stop laughing right now, my sides hurt so much right now! Bravo you have reached the rank of professional comedian.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Das Metro wrote:App:
Name: Opium Rush
Description: Opium is a white colt who has more scars than he does teeth. He has a jet black mane, kept shaggy and undone on purpose. His eyes are a startling orange, and have a certain unpredictable quality to them. Opium's cutiemark is a syringe full of green liquid. Opium is rather built, normal for an earth pony, and also has a rather dazzling smile.
Species: Earth Pony.
Special Talent: Drugs/Chems
Personality: A little frightening, though definitely not in the 'grrr, scary' sense. Opium is a very complex pony with odd habits. He has a very loud, fragmented personality, a byproduct of years of drug abuse. If Opium isn't using his silver tongue to coax another filly (or colt) back to his place for the night, he's causing trouble. Normally, he is quite charming.
3 Tag Skills: Medicine, Barter, Speech.
Gear:
- Slaver Barding (usually concealed by a patchy cloak)
- Pair of saddlebags with all sorts of addictive goodies.
- Unicorn Horn Necklace
- Sickly looking combat knife
- Chrome, engraved lighter.
Bio: Opium's little story starts off with a bit of a bang. Born into one of the many raider tribes, he was raised an a regimen of violence, and bravado. His mother was a straight up killer, and his father kept track of the slaves. Wien he was three, his mother abandoned him and his father for reasons unknown. Opium never found out what caused her to run off, but as he grew older, the reason behind it grew less and less relevant.

As he drifted into adolescence, he grew very spiteful towards his absent mother, and mares in general. His father too busy to keep an eye on him, Opium regularly caused problems purely for amusement. He put megadoses of morphine in other raiders water, threw acetal metal at the slaves (mainly the fillies) and got into chems and alcohol himself.

It wasn't until he was fifteen that Opium decided to look intuitive making his own chems when the local dealer would no longer sell to him. Little did Opium know? He has a natural affinity for chemicals. Though he has no recipe, everything just clicked. The end result of his escapade into science was a potent relaxant, and his cutiemark.

Once he had his special talent figured, Opium didn't waste anytime not working to improve his craft. He found recipes for the popular wasteland chems, and states selling his strong narcotics. The other dealer that so rudely refused to service Opium was ran out of business, and now, Opium did not only have as much chems as he could ever want, but he had caps.

Though he loved his father to death, reaching adulthood was a pivotal point in Opium's life. He had grown tired of the regular Slaver lifestyle. The gore and viscera was fun, but it seemed like more of a hobby than a way of one. Opium knew what he wanted out of life. He wanted spice, freedom, and the ability to do whatever the hell he liked. Without much of a goodbye, Opium set out on a quest of self discovery and adventure.

Four years later, and that's where he is today. Suffering from crippling headaches, and a bad set of lungs. Excessive use of his precious chems destroyed his mental health, and turned him into a sociopath far more intimidating than any of his raider cousins.
App Finder

Im likin' it, welcome back Metro :3

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Yay! The old team is getting back together :D

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Felkesjud wrote:Yay! The old team is getting back together :D

And fun will ensue!
Just call me Metro OOC

Fralinia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fralinia » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:28 am

CODE: SELECT ALL
App:
Name: Sterling Silver
Description: Gray coat, black mane kept swept off to one side. Tail short and loose. His eyes are green and his voice is a baritone. Lithe frame and slightly taller than average.
Species: Earth pony
Special Talent: Trade
Personality: Wildly variant depending on the circumstances. His default is warm and trusting, usually when he is around members of his caravan, but in uncomfortable environments he becomes much more logical and reserved. Despite his dealing in drugs, he has serious contempt for their users that he only keeps hidden when he's making a sale.
3 Tag Skills: Barter, Speech, Guns
Gear: Submachine gun, light vest of barding, a tattered cloak, a small bag of about 50 caps, a few spare clips of ammunition, and a saddlebag loaded with a few scavenged goods, mostly leftover drugs and spare bits and bobs that he tries to peddle off.
Bio: Sterling has lived in and around Chicacolt his entire life, running a successful caravan operation through the dangerous inner city. He would buy and sell goods from the caravans that crossed the wasteland at the edge of the city and then, under heavy guard, march those goods into the heart of Chicacolt to the communities and compounds that dotted the old cityscape. His operation mostly trafficked drugs and medicine, supplies of which are scant in the long-scoured inner city.
His fortunes were ended, however, when a coalition of raider gangs attacked his caravan and overwhelmed his guards. The fight was quick, Sterling had his right ear shot off and managed to look dead enough to be left alone in the aftermath. With all of his goods and caps stolen or destroyed, Sterling has spent the last few months wandering Chicacolt, accepting odd jobs and trying to get his business back up and running. Currently, he's managed to gather enough goods to start trading, but he has no money to pay for a guard and knows that the odds are not on his side.
App Finder
John Rawls wrote:Justice is the first virtue of social institutions, as truth is of systems of thought. A theory, however elegant and economical must be rejected or revised if it is untrue; likewise laws and institutions no matter how efficient and well-arranged must be reformed or abolished if they are unjust.

Che Guevera wrote: At a given moment it appears that there may have been a great commotion and a single great change. But that change has been gestating among men day by day, and sometimes generation by generation.
History buff, anti-imperialist. Small horse aficionado. Big fan of Paradox games and almost-state-champion debater.
I read the news.
This poster is a known communist sympathizer.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Fralinia wrote:CODE: SELECT ALL
App:
Name: Sterling Silver
Description: Gray coat, black mane kept swept off to one side. Tail short and loose. His eyes are green and his voice is a baritone. Lithe frame and slightly taller than average.
Species: Earth pony
Special Talent: Trade
Personality: Wildly variant depending on the circumstances. His default is warm and trusting, usually when he is around members of his caravan, but in uncomfortable environments he becomes much more logical and reserved. Despite his dealing in drugs, he has serious contempt for their users that he only keeps hidden when he's making a sale.
3 Tag Skills: Barter, Speech, Guns
Gear: Submachine gun, light vest of barding, a tattered cloak, a small bag of about 50 caps, a few spare clips of ammunition, and a saddlebag loaded with a few scavenged goods, mostly leftover drugs and spare bits and bobs that he tries to peddle off.
Bio: Sterling has lived in and around Chicacolt his entire life, running a successful caravan operation through the dangerous inner city. He would buy and sell goods from the caravans that crossed the wasteland at the edge of the city and then, under heavy guard, march those goods into the heart of Chicacolt to the communities and compounds that dotted the old cityscape. His operation mostly trafficked drugs and medicine, supplies of which are scant in the long-scoured inner city.
His fortunes were ended, however, when a coalition of raider gangs attacked his caravan and overwhelmed his guards. The fight was quick, Sterling had his right ear shot off and managed to look dead enough to be left alone in the aftermath. With all of his goods and caps stolen or destroyed, Sterling has spent the last few months wandering Chicacolt, accepting odd jobs and trying to get his business back up and running. Currently, he's managed to gather enough goods to start trading, but he has no money to pay for a guard and knows that the odds are not on his side.
App Finder

Accepted. I think I might change my tag skills, it seems as though speech and barter are very popular

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse