NATION

PASSWORD

Cvil War Once Again (open/MT-PMT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Cvil War Once Again (open/MT-PMT)

Postby Patrick OConner » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:20 pm

OOC THREAD:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=338581

Saturday
12:00
Fort O'Hair
Port of Savannah
Timocratic Republic of Patrick O'Conner

In the Timocratic Republic of Patrick O'Conner, people were going about there business and lives peacefully and happily. In port city of Savannah people were bustling about. It did not last long. An semi truck with trailer traveling down the road in front of the local military barracks at the base in the city. The truck and trailer carry the brand and logo of food company and seen to be delivering to the mess hall l0ocated behind the barracks and unfortunately there was no direct road access the mess hall. And then it exploded. The entire trailer had been packed with nitrogen fertilizer and fuel. The massive bomb detonated and obliterated the rather large barracks building and everything with in a hundred feet. People were screaming and running. The explosion was so powerful that people 500 yards away wee through to the ground. Pieces of body are everywhere scattered everywhere like a child toys. A man tries to put his intestines back in himself while a woman clutches her severed arm. A man lies impaled but a piece of steal. He lays their staring at it while he slowly bleeds out. The smell of burnt pork fills the air. This is the smell of burnt human flesh. The cries of the wounded echo everywhere. Men rush about trying to help the wounded and dying Ash rains down from the sky. Hundreds are dead and many are wounded. Firetrucks and ambulance come screaming in to the scene to aid the wounded. And to collect the dead. Fires and debris rain down and start several local fires as well. More people are killed and hurt. A gas main that leads to the mess hall is also detonated and the half of the remains of the mess hall detonate. It was lunch time.
Seconds later trucks and other vehicles come screaming up. They split off and got to various areas of the fort. The fort itself in the main military installation in the area and holds much of the regions. military supplies. The massive convoy of vehicles split up and go to places such as the armory and motor pool and command center. The places are seize without much of fight. Most of the soldier's on base still stunned and responding to the attack. the armory puts up a little bit of a fight being located far away from the barracks but they are quickly overwhelmed and fort falls to the invaders. All over the state of Florida men ride into towns and such and size control. Some fighting break outs but is mostly crushed. The attackers are aided and abetted by some of the men already in the facility both in uniform and out of it. These people, especially the ones in uniform, greatly aid them in there attack and conquest of the fort. The entire city of Savannah is taken over.
Attacks like the previous ones are carried out over the whole state on the military outpost and most all of them fall.
2nd fleet which in home ported in the harbor is attacked as well. All of the ships are seized through a combination of betrayal, good luck and numbers.

2 hours later
News room
Channel 2 News
Statesboro (nation wide broadcast)

A teary eyed woman in a gray business suit goes on. She would have been very pretty if she had not been crying and it streaked her make up. She sniffs hard an a rather un woman like sound is made.
"Today at 1200 noon an attack was launched on the port of Savannah Military base, Fort O'Hair. A massive truck bomb was detonated in front of the barrack and mess hall and the resulting blast killed and injured over 2,000 soldiers and as of now no on-..."
She stops and looks left on the stage as a man whispers something to her
"Wait we are receiving a message now from the group claiming responsibility for the attack we are going to it now live"
The scene cuts to a man standing before a simple house in an open flied. The man is rather plain in all aspects. Average height average build. Almost so boring that one would forget him instantly after seeing him. However, his eyes blaze with a fears and manic passion that suggest he may not all be there.
"We the people have had enough. We the people of the State of Florida can no longer take the oppression of the tyrannical government. We have can no longer take the limits it imposes on our rights, nor the restrictions it forces upon us helpless people. They seek to control and to subvert ourselves, our will and our freedoms to the corrupt will of the ruler who is nothing more that a monster himself. The so called "Hero of the nation" Is a monster and wishes to indoctrinate everyone into his way of thinking. Why do think Military service is compulsory? Or why we are not allowed to vote until we have served in that god forsaken machine of death and destruction? He wishes to install himself as a dictator and continue to rule us until the end of his days. Rule by Virtue is a joke and a mockery of true freedom. As such we are doing 2 things. We the people of the state of Florida have had enough and on this day we wish-no we ARE- to declaring our independence from the corrupt rule of the current regime. And second we are placing a bounty on the Monster of the nations head. 1 billion O'Conner dollars the person or person that kill him. We put out a call to all of those who fight for and belieive in the people and in freedom and liberty to come to our aid and help us free ourselves and our oppressed brothers and sisters. THIS TYRANNY MUST END"
The messages ends and cuts back to the stunned female news caster.

2 and a half hours after original incident
Red House
Situation Room
Statesboro

President General Patrick O'Conner is so very tired of stuff like this. Why can't everyone just stop killing each other? It is getting old and now he is also mad. Mad that someone attack and killed his troops. Mad that old problems are clearly raising there heads again. Clearly some of the bastards from the Civil War managed to escape from Tybee and that blood bath and set themselves up. And it looked like they had joined up with some of the possible survivors from the Rebellion and that they had been planning this for a while and finally had struck. O'Conner does not like problems that come up again and again like these. When O'Conner deals with a problem it stay dealt with ...permanently. He considered problems that arise again and again a sign of incompetence of those who were supposed to deal with them and took this as a personal insult. O'Conner hates incompetence more than anything else in the world. He was also sadden and unhappy about this new loss of life and new round of war. The Florida region had been mostly quiet expect for the fighting around Savannah during the Civil War and the Rebellion. The region itself was mostly a mix of plain and coastal territory with some hills around the port of Savannah. The region was dotted with small towns and some specs of forest. And now the whole region was about to be torn apart by war. O'Conner was getting really tired of this new war like nature the people seemed to have embraced but he had only himself to blame. He had been trying to instill some discipline and concept of sacrifice which they had lacked before. But the Civil war the rebellion, and O'Conner changes had changed all of that. from a weak and timid people to a bunch of neo barbarians. But right O'Conner was mostly felling mad. He looked out over his assembled staff and cabinet in the room and spoke finally. His face is calm and expressionless but his good eye is blazing with fires of anger. When he speaks, it is in precise and clipped tone.
"I want this dealt with now. Clearly we were not harsh enough before. I want full mobilization. I will get the Senate approval later start it now. I want these bastards completey and totally CRUSHED AND OBLITERATED. No one pulls a stunt like this and gets away with it. These people are not freedom fighters. These people are terrorists. They have attacked us and we shall respond in kind. Move troops to the borders now I want the area secured. Our borders and the interstate ones as well. Move 4th fleet into position off the coast. I want the city blockaded from the sea as well."
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Allied Connurist States » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Terror in the Timocracy!

The Imperial Palace, home of the Imperial Council, where our nation awaits announcements on a course of action

ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

Mark Brener (
@MarkBrener)
April 22 | Pearsonville, The Connurist Empire

The Timocratic Republic of Patrick O'Conner was on a war footing last night after an utterly devastating act of terrorism that saw the takeover and conquest of the port city of Savannah by a group who didn't even give their name. A massive bomb was detonated inside of a truck in front of the barracks and mess hall, reportedly causing a gas main to explode resulting in a large explosion. It is claimed that this unnamed group has seized control of not only the city and towns across the local region, but allegedly they also have control over a small amount of warships. Such reports are unconfirmed at this time.

This atrocity, meticulous in its co-ordination and horrifying in its effect, has caused rampant rumours of the possibility of another rebellion or civil war occurring in the country where President General Patrick O'Conner, war hero and international sensation resulting from his infamous personality and antics. This would not be the first time such an event has occurred under the leadership of O'Conner, with the poisoning of O'Conner and subsequent rebellion against him led by former Vice President MacDougal in recent history, and before that, the five year civil war which saw O'Conner ascend to power. This time round, there seems to be resentment on the rebels part fuelled by discontent with the voting system in the place, and recent broadcasts on part of rebel groups have accused the President General of being a 'tyrannical dictator' and have demanded freedom. The state of Florida has supposedly declared independence from the Republic, though it is unclear whether any legitimate government has come to recognise this, and a bounty is supposed to have been placed upon the head of the President General himself, worth 1 billion O'Conner dollars.

The events in our allied nation have caused widespread attention to be paid to the Imperial Council and the Emperor and Empress. It is expected that Emperor Connor I (29) and Empress Alice I (22) will announce support in one way or another for O'Conner, whether it simply be an announcement of solidarity with the Republic, financial support, or even full on military support. The Heads of State appeared to be rather friendly with the man at his recent state wedding to Rosa Franklin, where the Emperor himself was a best man, which lead many to suspect that the two men have a closer relationship than previously thought, it is speculated by many that such amiability is more than diplomatic.

More leading articles
  • Eddoren and the Connurist Empire - what of our relations now? 2,628,113 views
  • Connurist-Aravean relations said to be on the rise ; alliance to be signed soon? 1,856,078 views
  • Economic excellency on part of Emperor - Connurist Pound stronger than ever before 520,025 views
  • Organised crime reportedly on the rise, says national police commissioner 489,762 views
  • A guide to potential allies of the future - Empire making more diplomatic ties than ever before 216,025 views

Image Comments [ 2456 ] | Image E-mail

2498 comments

REPLY LIKE | DISLIKE

Comments:

Comments

By KatnissEverdeenIsWaifu - 8 mins Ago

One should always learn from history in order to not repeat mistakes of the past. A crucial piece of advice a whole bunch of fools failed to take on board before messing with O'Conner - the man doesn't have a reputation for nothing. And frankly, 1 billion dollars is an insult of a bounty!

5360 Likes | 26 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By buttsniffbadger - 10 mins Ago

O'Conner has brought his nation more prosperity than ever before. It doesn't make sense for rebellion. Our monarchs could learn quite a bit from him.

430 Likes | 220 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By CaptainConnurism - 16 min Ago

Let's hope all sides can find a peaceful resolution. Maybe O'Conner should give everyone the vote - but that doesn't make such abhorrent attacks permissible.

227 Likes | 11 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

========================================

To: President General Patrick O'Conner

Hey Patrick. I've received some disturbing news regarding what has happened in Savannah and Florida and whilst I have confidence that the news reports and what I'm being handed by my staff are in part true, I'd like to turn to you for clarification on what and why et cetera. I get the feeling that there is far deeper things at work here, though I wouldn't know. It'd be the ideal outcome if everyone could avoid conflict here though I get the feeling shit has gone beyond that. I would wish to talk to you in person, but given that bounty I don't think it wise for I to travel to you or for you to come to the Empire either. The Vanguard would freak out about safety matters in that respect, I have to say.

I have no place how to tell you to run your country Patrick, especially considering the fact that you could hand our arse to us on any battlefield or technological realm, but would it really hurt, and be such a bad thing, to become a true democracy? (I know Patrick, hypocritical coming from an Emperor, but we have true democracy when it comes to the legislature... and no-one's getting their panties in a twist in the Empire about it) Is military service truly what makes one worthy of voting? I'm sure you have workarounds and exceptions, but are you excluding the disabled from your vote? Are people who pursue other professions genuinely unfit to vote? I mean I have never served as a part of the military aside from my ceremonial role as Supreme Commander. My wife has never served in the military. But surely one would argue that we are more than capable of having a say in how a country is run? I don't know what I'm saying anymore. I tend to talk a lot of nonsense, something you should know firsthand.

I'll scrap the idea of trying to write much more, mainly because I can't be bothered and secondly I know you appreciate it when I get to the point, so tell me what you want in terms of support. You know that I stand by my allies and I will provide what you wish, within reason. Though if you dare ask me to send my fellow countrymen and women in terms of any military support, there better be a god damn good reason.

Your Friend,

Connor.
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:16 am

Square Office
Red House
Statesboro

O'Conner reads over the message from the emperor of the Allied Connorist States and he grunts. O'Conner puts the message aside for later, he has more pressing to think about. He looks up the see the Joint Chief of Staffs in his office having been let in while he was reading the letter.
"Well? Has it been done?"
The Head of the Joint Chief of Staffs, Commandant of the Marine Assault Corp Marine General Alexander Vandergriff grunts and nods.
"Yes, sir. The troops have been moved into position. Third Army and the expanded 1st Marine Assault Army have been moved into position and have surrounded the border of Florida for now. More troops are being moved into position as we speak. The Air Force have moved in and sealed the place off from the air. Any plane so much as leaves the ground is swarmed with a wing of fighters and forced down or shot down. 4th fleet has moved into position off the coast and sealed the waters off. There has been some sporadic firefights sir but nothing major, yet. The ships these rebels have seized have not even fired a single shot yet sir."
"Good we will launch a general offensive in a weeks time. Give these traitors time to think about what they have done. In the mean time i want food and ammo dumps attacked and bombed."
"What about the ships sir?"
"That would be the Chief of Naval Operation area"
"And it is" The man in the back of the group steps forward.
"Admiral Nimitz reporting sir...As you know the enemy has seized quite a few of our ships. Seems that some of our sailors were traitors sir but right now it seems that none of the ships have even been moved. We have detected emissions from the active senors but it seems that the cores have not been powered up or the MISS turned on. this seems fairly strange to us seeing as how they would not have seized the ships with out knowing how to operate them."
"It is clearly a ruse" O'Conner adds
"Yes sir that is our guess as well and right now we are making plans to neutralize the ships as well. Since they are ours we know all of their strengths and weaknesses. The ships themselves are vulnerable to close range EMP bursts"
"How close?"
"With in a hundred feet of so of the hull. The senors and rail guns themselves are especially vulnerable sir. Before the general offensive we plan to launch a massive wave of EMP cruise missile at the ships with penetration aids sir. Even if this is a ruse like we fear the amount should be more than enough to get through and take out the ships. We are primarily targeting the senors which are the most vulnerable. Take those out and ships lose their eyes. We are not really worried about the smaller ships, but the capital ships are what we fear the most."
"I understand the capability of those ships is fearsome...not to mention what they could do if they turned those cannons on civilians...good you all are dismissed now"
The officers salute and file out of the room as another comes in behind them. He is unassuming average in every way and capable of being lost in a crowd easily. He old now so that is why the obvious spy is not out in the field but now heading the OSS. He comes in and takes a seat. He places the brief case he was caring on his lap opens it and hands O'Conner the file it contained.
"It is as we feared sir." Even the mans vice is bland
"So they were survivors"
"Yes sir it seems so. The remnants of the Orchestra of Chaos, the Old Regime, and the rebels have banded together."
"where did threy get the money?"
"i do not know sir but billions went missing during the Civil War so i assume that is were it is coming from"
"Makes since..you can leave thanks for bringing this to me personally"
"You are welcome sir" the man gets up and leaves.
O'Conner sighs and sets the file aside for now as he works on a response to Emperor Conner after which he reads the file brought to him

Dear Connor
It seems that once again my nation is torn by war. I have come to hate these people with a passion who continue to do this. Anyway it seem that the people responsible are the survivors of the Orchestra of Chaos, the Old Regime, and the rebels. It seems I was not through enough when I cleaned house the last time. I will not make that mistake this time. And as to giving all for the people the vote. I am not sure. that is what in part got us into trouble last time. I will consider it. As for support. I would like whatever you can spare in terms of relief supplies and aid. I have a deep seated feeling that the enemy will not surrender and that this will be a tough fight. I have a feeling that this will spread if not dealt with quickly and harshly. I have not yet declared marshals law but it seems that will be the next step. The region of Florida will be devastated, either through war or through these fanatics as they seek to die and take as many with them as they can. I pray that this will end quickly. I fear for this nation and its people. And with elections coming soon I do not plan to run for a 3rd term, no matter what. I said 2 terms and I meant it.

Patrick

P.S I was rather offend that they only offered a billion for my head. I feel like i am worth at least twice that.
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Allied Connurist States » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:34 pm

To: President General Patrick O'Conner

Patrick, thanks for bringing me up to speed. As you have wished, I will immediately order humanitarian efforts to take place ; I imagine that they will co-ordinate with people within your nation. I wish you the best of luck in quelling these dissidents who seek to see your nation destroyed, and you should know that you have my support. If this indeed going to be a tough fight, do not hesistate to call on my military support - whilst I personally couldn't care for any conflict, my personal opinion is not going to have an effect on us supporting an ally - I stand for the nation's interests and not my own. I know that you would do the same for me if the positions were switched. If you want Connurist tanks in Florida, our warships in the area, or our planes in the sky, ask and you shall receive.

Best of luck (although I'm sure you won't need it)

Your Friend,

Connor.

P.S Two billion is nothing. I think you're worth at least something in the trillions.
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

The Danish Confederacy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Danish Confederacy » Mon May 25, 2015 11:10 am

Tag. Wish to be apart of.
The Stats of TDC. Legal ages in TDC. What do I stand for? Educate yourself before you call me contradictory
General Dicking Around wrote:AND THEN JOHN SMASHED THE WINDOW AND FUCKED A GOOSE WITH A LIGHTSABER

[violet] wrote:Right. It's words. Billions of words. :)

Douglas Adams wrote:In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Southeastern Xiatao wrote:
Engleberg wrote:Big Brother will always be there for you.

And always watching you as you fap to porn.

North Arkana
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby North Arkana » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:32 am

Invoking status as an IATA Member to take action. (AKA requesting permission to join)
"I don't know everything, just the things I know"

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Reino do Brazil » Wed May 20, 2020 9:18 am

We are also ready to join. We have been victims of terrorism by fundamentalists, commies and republican Freemasons.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents