NATION

PASSWORD

Uldartre Academy (IC, Year 2 cont., signup first)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Uldartre Academy (IC, Year 2 cont., signup first)

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:48 am

Uldartre Academy
ooc thread

The sun was high in the sky as Jonas got up, took Si's hand and began to walk out of the café, not glancing back at the massacre unfolding back on the screen.
"We can do our duty to mankind," he whispered to her. "But with the amount of thick people doing the same, we'll have to do it really often in order to make up for the gap. Their's a lot of thick people...oh, their's some."

He pointed at Jason, who was still looking from Kyle to Sienna.
"Is that military anything useful?" he asked. "Or is it one of the small, underfunded shitty ones you can find all to often?"

Elosqir, meanwhile, was focussed, rather than anything intelligent, on the boy lying beside him, who he held in a tight embrace. He sighed, getting the urge that took him all to regularly, and sat up.
"Do you want a smoke?" he asked Mewan casually.

The dark eyes of Maris Pavlovic bored deep into the Imus as his arms left the pale of water.
"I'm not sure I understand your meaning," he finally said. "You say I have a lust for power. To be honest, I don't think that thinking that everyone should be free to make their own decisions in life without having to call another person 'Sir,' or 'Master,' or do their every word is power-hungry at all. Remember...I was in the higher position: I owned no slaves. I preferred to pay my staff. Don't you ever want to be free yourself?"

((ooc: If their's anyone I didn't respond to, do please tell me.))
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Geara
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Geara » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:34 pm

"Do not misunderstand what power is." Amnon continued, passively avoiding the gaze of his counterpart. "Power is only within the self, slavery or servitude or command is only an illusion that those around us hold. When I say you have a lust for power, I mean only that you desire control of yourself."

Finally finished with one garment, he laid it aside. It now held a dull sheen, soft and grey. However, it was hardly distinguishable from the other two or three uniforms that remained unwashed.
☜Δ☞
❋ THOSE THAT WALK THE PATH ❋

AN ANCIENT WANDERING FOLK
THE PATH IS THEIR GREAT YOKE
BUT SOME THEIR TRAVEL YIELD
AND REST IN THE GOLDEN FIELD
❋ THEY WILL WANDER NO MORE ❋

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:58 pm

"Of course I desire control over myself," Maris said aghast as he put his head up to soak in the warm sun. "I think that's perfectly normal. Do you never want control over yourself? Do tell me: why does Andrew, or anyone else for that matter, have the right to have control over anyone else? My answer would simply be that he doesn't. Although various legal systems say that he has that right, and that I do not have the right to set fire to a house full of Royalists having a meeting, the opposite works in practice. I feel absolutely no obligation to do what Andrew, or anyone else, asks me to do, however I do have a strange desire to go and kill Royalist nobles who like to murder and enslave other people."
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Mewan glanced to Elosqir thoughtfully. "Only if you are...", he replied dryly he would not be doing so if Elosqir did not already smoke anyways there could probably be worse things they could be doing.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:50 pm

"I'm smoking," Elosqir said. He had lied to Mewan before: the things that he smoked were certainly addictive, and he was rolling Mewan another of the cocktails of relaxation and happiness. He lit it and handed it over, taking a long drag from his own cigarette.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:53 pm

"Normally I would ask what exactly was in these..but I will not do so in this case", Mewan laughed blowing out some smoke. He guessed if he knew exactly what they were smoking he would probably want to sit in the sea all day until he was cleansed. "So don't say anything either", he joked.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:57 pm

"You really don't want to know what you're putting in your body," Elosqir said with a sigh. "Abandon all your inhibitions. That chemical with a long name is very very good for you...if it's making you feel happy, you should have more of it. The fact that a cigarette is making you dream strange dreams shouldn't concern you at all...all perfectly natural."

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Mewan raised his eyebrows. "Oh I'm sure that's all perfectly normal", he replied sarcastically inhaling. "I'm still going to restrict myself with it though..only occasionally if I can help it", Mewan sighed laughing.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:01 pm

"If you can help it," Elosqir said with a laugh. "That's the question, don't you think? Can you help it?"

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:10 pm

"I'm beginning to get the feeling that these are more addictive than I had thought before..", Mewan mumbled.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:13 pm

"They say that they're not addictive," Elosqir muttered. "But then again, this is Celeria. Can you guess Celeria's laws on advertising standards? Come on...it's not hard to guess."

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:22 pm

"I'm guessing companies can say just about whatever they like?", Mewan guessed.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:24 pm

"Exactly!" Elosqir said happily, taking another drag on the cigarette. "Mind-altering drugs, a few poisons, and human remains all pressed together in a tube. This could actually be anything they can fit in...it does feel good though, don't you think?"

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:27 pm

"Well...eh...it..did", he stuttered a little unsure if he should take another drag. "What have I got myself into...?".
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:28 pm

"Well," Elosqir said. "You've got yourself into cigarettes and alcohol...that one was your doing, however I take responsibility for getting you into bed. You're very willing to try new things, I must say."

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Mewan blushed a little. "Well yeah...I guess so...", he mumbled feeling slightly on the embarrassed side.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:33 pm

"And I bet you've not even told your parents yet," Elosqir said, pretending to be shocked. "Aren't you naughty?"

Geara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Geara » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:36 pm

"You have fallen into the same trap again. Andrew's power is an illusion; the power of royalists, or of clansmen or of any government, these are all false. There is only one power, the power of the self." Amnon scolded, beginning another garment in the same slow process. "More important is the desire, the desire for control of ourselves."

He let silence fall for a moment and reflected on the vulgar vengeance that Maris had described. Money gave him authority over life and death in this nation, even in the midst of his absolute belief in his own autonomy, he still harbored a violent memory.

"Do your people believe in the first sin of Adam?" He asked.
☜Δ☞

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:39 pm

"Our people wouldn't know what the first sin of Adam was," Maris said, scrubbing the garment. "I know that Adam and Eve was a Christian creation myth, but Christianity's farely unfollowed around here. So...no, if we believe in it we wouldn't call it that."

Geara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Geara » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:48 pm

"It is the opposite of tabula rasa. Is mankind imperfect by nature, or corrupted by nurture?" He said, inwardly disappointed. Religion was curiously obscure subject to Gearans, with opaque relationships to orthodox Christianity, but underscored by centuries-old rituals. The concept of the First Sin of Adam was a mishapen policy of the church that explained the inherent faults of mankind.
☜Δ☞

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:52 pm

"I don't believe mankind is corrupt either from the outset or from our upbringing," Maris answered. "It is our choices that define us, not our creed or our parentage. Our choices, and how we carry them out."

Geara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Geara » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:54 pm

"In that case, you have chosen to be free. You were not born free, you were born as nothing and now you have chosen to exist as you do." Amnon continued, familiar with the debate from a multitude of perspectives. "So, why have you chosen to be free?"
☜Δ☞

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:58 pm

"I have chosen to be free because I wish to live my life as I please," Maris said. "Within the few dictats that Celari society imposes...which as they are so few grants an amazing level of freedom. I have chosen many things, all I think because they have a very good reason.
I chose to fight because I didn't want more oppressive Royal laws being passed. I chose not to surrender because I am not weak. I chose to have the company that kept me as a slave destroyed because I detest the practice that holds 1 man above another. What were your choices in your own life? Did you choose to carry Andrew's papers and prepare his holy water? I do not think that was your own free choice."

Geara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Geara » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:06 pm

"In Geara, our stories are made of understandings, not choices. My story is long and is filled with understanding that you do not have." Amnon said, dodging the question. "You speak of freedom, what is it that you wish to do? How is it that you wish to live?"
☜Δ☞

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:10 pm

"You made a choice right their," Maris said, cocking his head. "You didn't answer my question. I understand that though my legal status is limited at the moment, it is me, not any man who might claim power over me, who can hire assassins. I do have the most useful understandings, theirfore.

So...tell me. What do you understand that makes you walk as a silent servant in anothers shadow? If a Celari who was not weakened by years of mistreatment were forced to do that, either themselves or the person in whose shadow he walked would be dead by now. Why is Andrew still alive?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates