NATION

PASSWORD

Dragon Ball Discussion Thread - WAIFU WARS: THE DBZ FRONT

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

What should our policy on spoiler tagging be?

No spoilers, all information is equal!
6%
Only require to place spoiler code on leaks.
6%
Require spoilers on leaks and on the latest episode.
38%
Require spoilers on leaks and on the current arc.
44%
Require spoilers for all DB Super content.
No votes
Require spoilers for all posts related to Dragon Ball (You masochist.)
6%

Total votes : 16

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Dragon Ball Discussion Thread - WAIFU WARS: THE DBZ FRONT

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:26 am

So, for a little while, Infinite Justice in P2TM has been the "unofficial" discussion thread for all things DB: Xenoverse. At least as far as I saw. Of course, that's not the place for it, so I made this thread.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, to those unaware, is the newest Dragon Ball Z game to come out. For a few years the series has been going less than perfect (Ultimate Tenkaichi, DBZ Kinect and Battle of Z come to mind), but DB:X broke the disappointment chain by actually being good. And dope.

So how's your experience? I recently finished the Android Saga as an Earthling, currently Level 29, about to take Cell as my master. My usual tactic was spam Weekend until my opponent stops getting up (or blocking), with Kaioken x20 in reserve just in case they can come close, but it's not the weekend anymore, so I have a new ultimate - Chain Destructo-Disc Barrage.
My Steam name is... That DBZ Guy From NS. I kid you not. So if anyone is playing on Steam, we can go play PQs together! Or fight, that works too.
Last edited by Finland SSR on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:03 am, edited 29 times in total.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:33 am

Le Tag.

I love this game, but there is one glaring complaint.

For the PQs. When you fulfill the alternate conditions, some of which are slightly difficult, then the alternate ending should ALWAYS pop up. Mostly cause I am trying to get Beerus' outfit and I don't even get the chance to FIGHT him because RNGesus says no. And then says no 9 times more when I get 3 sets of every other piece to his outfit EXCEPT the pants.

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:39 am

Teg
Making Dragon Ball Z Overpowered Since the Founding of Infinite Justice

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:50 am

Tag
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:53 am

Anyone playing at the moment?
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:59 am

Finland SSR wrote:Anyone playing at the moment?

Nah. School. But I did hit 55 before I left the house this morning.

The Republic of Atria wrote:Le Tag.

For the PQs. When you fulfill the alternate conditions, some of which are slightly difficult, then the alternate ending should ALWAYS pop up. Mostly cause I am trying to get Beerus' outfit and I don't even get the chance to FIGHT him because RNGesus says no. And then says no 9 times more when I get 3 sets of every other piece to his outfit EXCEPT the pants.

AMEN to that. You have no idea how long it took me to get SSJ without buying it. 80% of the time, Goku never went SSJ, even though I always kill Krillin first.

And you can forget Super Vegeta. I don't think I'll ever get that...

But I finally beat Whis/Beerus combo. Took SSJ, Dual-Destructo Disc from 18's training, and my special Z-Soul we already talked about.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Anyone playing at the moment?

Nah. School. But I did hit 55 before I left the house this morning.

The Republic of Atria wrote:Le Tag.

AMEN to that. You have no idea how long it took me to get SSJ without buying it. 80% of the time, Goku never went SSJ, even though I always kill Krillin first.

And you can forget Super Vegeta. I don't think I'll ever get that...

But I finally beat Whis/Beerus combo. Took SSJ, Dual-Destructo Disc from 18's training, and my special Z-Soul we already talked about.

My current record is doing it 6 times in a row, fulfilling the requirements, and it just ends. The name of the PQ is Old Rivals and Dragon Balls. I'm beginning to wonder if his pants even exist. I've never seen anyone wearing them.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:20 am

Okay, just beat the Fat Buu Saga.
The 6 Buus was intimidating at first, but I soon learned that if you attack one and then spam ultimate, you're unbeatable.
A single physical combo gives me like 3 ki bars. So I won.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:23 am

Finland SSR wrote:Okay, just beat the Fat Buu Saga.
The 6 Buus was intimidating at first, but I soon learned that if you attack one and then spam ultimate, you're unbeatable.

It's weird. I've watched streamers get fed up with that mission, and I demolish it on my first try.

But I had trouble with the Beerus and Whis fight. After which I did so many PQs that I was level 78 for the final missions. Which turned out to be pretty damn easy at that level. Even the final boss was cake.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:16 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Okay, just beat the Fat Buu Saga.

It's weird. I've watched streamers get fed up with that mission, and I demolish it on my first try.

But I had trouble with the Beerus and Whis fight. After which I did so many PQs that I was level 78 for the final missions. Which turned out to be pretty damn easy at that level. Even the final boss was cake.

Same. Buu fight was cake for me, but my friend lost like 4 times before I helped him level and he won.

I only lost to Beerus/Whis once, then I decided that I'd need to be overleveled to fight a god. Then I got overleveled.

Also: I only need the 1-Star Dragon Ball! Then I'll get something shiny!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:21 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:It's weird. I've watched streamers get fed up with that mission, and I demolish it on my first try.

Same. Buu fight was cake for me, but my friend lost like 4 times before I helped him level and he won.

I only lost to Beerus/Whis once, then I decided that I'd need to be overleveled to fight a god. Then I got overleveled.

I just need the 7 star ball! Only problem is that apparently, the last ball is far rarer than the others. I got one everytime I fought a patroller. But I've fought 20+ patrollers and ain't got Jack shit as far as ball number 7 goes.

I'm going to wish out the new supers first. Since you get like 3 or 4. And one of them is Beerus's escape move that I really want. And I still need his pants...

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:10 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:Same. Buu fight was cake for me, but my friend lost like 4 times before I helped him level and he won.

I just need the 7 star ball! Only problem is that apparently, the last ball is far rarer than the others. I got one everytime I fought a patroller. But I've fought 20+ patrollers and ain't got Jack shit as far as ball number 7 goes.

I'm going to wish out the new supers first. Since you get like 3 or 4. And one of them is Beerus's escape move that I really want. And I still need his pants...

Maybe you can wish for pants? ;)

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Maybe you can wish for pants? ;)

If you could do that I'd be a happy noodle. But you cant.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:35 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:Maybe you can wish for pants? ;)

If you could do that I'd be a happy noodle. But you cant.

What are the wish options? I only know of "GT Characters" and "Character Re-Customization."

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:If you could do that I'd be a happy noodle. But you cant.

What are the wish options? I only know of "GT Characters" and "Character Re-Customization."

Look it up mate. There's 10 things you can wish for. Money, New supers, new ultimates, new characters, respec, redo your character's appearance, reach your next level, and a few other things.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:41 pm

I already fought 2 patrollers, but I forgot to finish them off with ultimates...
If I do gather the Dragon Balls someday, I'll wish for new ultimates. Destructo Disk Barrage and Weekend are getting old.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Finland SSR wrote:I already fought 2 patrollers, but I forgot to finish them off with ultimates...
If I do gather the Dragon Balls someday, I'll wish for new ultimates. Destructo Disk Barrage and Weekend are getting old.

There are two. I'm not sure entirely what the first one is, but I know the second Ultimate is Omega Shenron's Negative Energy ball. AND I WANT.

And finally got Beerus as my mentor. The first move he gave me is this one

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:02 pm

Just saw this thread. Me and my dad are playing it, I'm currently at the frieza saga, fighting him. I'm going on and off, every time I'm about to beat him he uses that stupid finishing move and I'm not able to get out the way.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Togeria wrote:Just saw this thread. Me and my dad are playing it, I'm currently at the frieza saga, fighting him. I'm going on and off, every time I'm about to beat him he uses that stupid finishing move and I'm not able to get out the way.

My tactic was Energy Charge + Weekend.
Do a simple combo on him (throw if necessary) and then use an ultimate. Charge up if not enough ki. Then repeat.
And carry some capsules on all 4 slots.
Last edited by Finland SSR on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:30 pm

I want whomever designed the targeting system crucified. Sure, it's nice that you can select who you want to fight and fly over to them with ease; but, every time I do it they either: move out of the way so I'm left punching the air like an idiot, block my attacks like a little bitch, or somehow fire their ultimate with kills me instantly. Another complaint I have is Saibamen and Frieza's Soldiers spamming Ki Blast attacks like they're sperm. They don't do much (if any) damage, but it gets annoying as fuck when you're trying to get close enough to them to hit them.

That said, I finished the Frieza Saga the other day. Surprisingly, that's the easiest saga I've come across. The Ginyu Saga was the worst pain in the ass. Especially when you have to fight Captain Ginyu himself then halfway through the battle Burter and Jeice show up and gangbang you, and it doesn't help when I'm Ginyu and Ginyu is me.

Togeria wrote:Just saw this thread. Me and my dad are playing it, I'm currently at the frieza saga, fighting him. I'm going on and off, every time I'm about to beat him he uses that stupid finishing move and I'm not able to get out the way.

From what I've experienced, you can't avoid Frieza's Ultimate. The only thing you can do is move far away enough to where it won't hit you as many times as it would if you were closer.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:42 pm

There was actually a game that Battle of Z, and Xenoverse were based off. It's was a Japan exclusive, I forget the name, but at least to me the graphics and gameplay are better then the two we got. Tbh since Tenkaichi(probably missspelled that) it's steadily gone down. I liked the Raging blast series, one my favorite because two seemed rushed and unfinished to me, but after that it seems in NA and Europe we've been greeted with garbage.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:48 pm

Togeria wrote:There was actually a game that Battle of Z, and Xenoverse were based off. It's was a Japan exclusive, I forget the name, but at least to me the graphics and gameplay are better then the two we got. Tbh since Tenkaichi(probably missspelled that) it's steadily gone down. I liked the Raging blast series, one my favorite because two seemed rushed and unfinished to me, but after that it seems in NA and Europe we've been greeted with garbage.

Zenkai Battle Royale that is. And myself, I think Xenoverse's graphics and gameplay are better.
And yes, quality has been dropping, although I should say that RB2 was still a great game, better than RB1. While Xenoverse has fixed the drop a bit, I hope some other company tries to develop a DBZ game.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:54 pm

I've been debating on whether to get Xenoverse. Sounds like it's basically a polished iteration of Dragonball Online which never made it to the US. One of my friends said of it, and I quote, "It's like everything I ever wanted when I was 13 years old. BUT I GET TO HAVE IT NOW. I cannot wait to play more when I get home."

So I gotta ask, worth the $50 or whatever it's going for on Steam right now or should I wait for a price drop or Steam sale? How complicated are the controls to learn? (And what control inputs are advised? Controller, keyboard, what?)
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:I've been debating on whether to get Xenoverse. Sounds like it's basically a polished iteration of Dragonball Online which never made it to the US. One of my friends said of it, and I quote, "It's like everything I ever wanted when I was 13 years old. BUT I GET TO HAVE IT NOW. I cannot wait to play more when I get home."

So I gotta ask, worth the $50 or whatever it's going for on Steam right now or should I wait for a price drop or Steam sale? How complicated are the controls to learn? (And what control inputs are advised? Controller, keyboard, what?)

I myself say it is definitely worth those 50 dollars. The graphics are incredible, much better than any DBZ game I've seen to date, the story is actually quite different from just simple rehash of what was on the show (lots of what-if stories) and the character customization is much better than what it was in Ultimate Tenkaichi. I have only a single complain, and that is that the character roster is a bit lacking, but it wouldn't matter much anyway.

The controls are standard for a DBZ game and not that hard to learn, though I see that is was a bit hard to port a previously console-only franchise to the PC. I play it on keyboard, so I can't really say much about the controller usage, but considering this game was already built for controllers, it shouldn't be bad.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:38 am

Finland SSR wrote:I already fought 2 patrollers, but I forgot to finish them off with ultimates...

There are two. I'm not sure entirely what the first one is, but I know the second Ultimate is Omega Shenron's Negative Energy ball. AND I WANT.

And finally got Beerus as my mentor. The first move he gave me is this one

First one is called "Blitz Hell." Don't know what it does yet. I'm either going to wish for more super attacks immediately, or save until I reach 80 and respec.

Here's a guide to the Dragon Balls. Maybe Finland wants to put it in the OP.

Torisakia wrote:I want whomever designed the targeting system crucified.

It could be worse. We could have to manually aim every attack. And I'm not going to aim Death Beam.

Torisakia wrote:From what I've experienced, you can't avoid Frieza's Ultimate. The only thing you can do is move far away enough to where it won't hit you as many times as it would if you were closer.

I dodge it by flying back and then straight to the right. After he launches it and it flies past me, I close the distance and start wailing on him. That was my strategy for the whole game until I unlocked SSJ, SSJ2, and Super Vegeta 2. The last one's the best for me.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction