NATION

PASSWORD

The Encyclopedic Compendium of the Monavian Empire [OPEN]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

The Encyclopedic Compendium of the Monavian Empire [OPEN]

Postby The State of Monavia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:48 pm

ENCYCLOPEDIC COMPENDIUM OF THE MONAVIAN EMPIRE

INTRODUCTION

This thread serves as a portal through which the entire NS community can access OOC and IC reference material regarding the Imperial Federation of the Monavian Empire. It provides links to all of the dispatches that you can find on my nation account’s homepage and contains reference posts covering material that could not be included in the homepage dispatches due to the limit on the number of them I am allowed to post. I have also included links to the repository where I store the previous (2008–2014) editions of my nation’s statistical overview factbook.

Each of the links in this post is followed by a description of the content it leads to for the purposes of helping direct any searches made by readers. Last, but far from least, I encourage all of my readers to post their comments, questions, and suggestions for improvements here in the interests of building up rapport with the community and fostering a stronger spirit of togetherness with my fellow players.

CANONICITY

The contents of this thread are completely and irrevocably canon as written, except in those places where I as the author make retroactive adjustments and emendations to remove errors and eliminate inconsistencies between minor details and the rest of the overall body of canon. All information about the Monavian Empire that was contained in previous threads, especially information about its history or culture, is voided to the extent that it conflicts with this compendium, all other portions remaining valid as originally stated. All content which existed within the old NationStates forum run by Jolt has been deleted as of October 2010 and is consequently voided to the extent that it does not appear in this compendium.

CONTENTS

Factbook (2020 Edition)
• The Factbook of the Monavian Empire is a statistical summary and overview of the country’s population, geography, economy, government, military, and relations with foreign states. A repository of obsolete factbooks from 2007 through 2014 can be found in this thread.

The Constitution of the Monavian Empire

Index of Treaties Ratified after 2006

A Brief Overview of the Monavian Political System
• A summary of the structure and components of the Monavian government, the role of the rule of law, and contemporary political parties.

Overview of Internal Policies
• An anthology of various legal miscellany, including immigration law, social policies, media ratings, and other legislation.

History of the Monavian Empire Part I (Prehistory to 454)

History of the Monavian Empire Part II (454 to 1686)

History of the Monavian Empire Part III (1686 to 1860)

History of the Monavian Empire Part IV (1860 to 1936)

History of the Monavian Empire Part V (1936 to Present)

Overview of Monavian Culture and Society
• This document provides an overview of Monavian architecture, art, cuisine, education, literature, fashion, sports, traditions, music, economic class distinctions, religious affiliations, and ethnicity.

You Know You Are a Monavian if…
• A compilation of humor based on Monavian culture.

Military Reference Tables
• This document contains a summary of the different reference tables for comparative ranks and pay grades, as well as several tables detailing alert postures.

Defenses of the Monavian Empire Part I
• This document contains the first section of a three-part summary of the major strategic defenses of the Monavian Empire.

Defenses of the Monavian Empire Part II
• This document is the second section of the three-part summary of the major strategic defenses of the Monavian Empire.

Defenses of the Monavian Empire Part III
• This document is the third section of the three-part summary of the major strategic defenses of the Monavian Empire.

The Monavian Imperial Army
• This document contains the full-scale organization and order of battle of the Monavian Imperial Army.

The Monavian Imperial Navy
• This document contains the full-scale organization and order of battle of the Monavian Imperial Navy.

The Monavian Imperial Air Force
• This document contains the full-scale organization and order of battle of the Monavian Imperial Air Force.

The Monavian Royal Guard
• This document contains the full-scale organization and order of battle of the Monavian Royal Guard.

The Monavian Royal Marine Corps
• This document contains the full-scale organization and order of battle of the Monavian Royal Marine Corps.

The Monavian Royal Coast Guard
• This document contains the full-scale organization and order of battle of the Monavian Royal Coast Guard.

The National Militia
• This document contains the full-scale organization and order of battle of the National Militia.

A Brief Overview of the Monavian National Intelligence Administration
• This document provides information about the Monavian Empire’s premier intelligence service.

Dramatis Personae of Monavia
• This document contains a periodically-updated list of all my roleplayed characters.

Guide to Monavian Flags, Arms, and Emblems
• A gallery of national symbols and their descriptions.

My Roleplaying Résumé and Reputation
• A list of links to my past involvements with this game.

Log of Changes
• This document contains a list of all significant changes made to this compendium.

DISCLAIMER AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION

This compendium is meant to serve as an out of character (OOC) reference source for fellow players within the NS community. While much of the information contained in this compendium is openly knowable while in character (IC), please keep in mind that certain IC details are not. Players are free to cite details contained in this thread when planning or writing IC threads, but in all cases they should treat this information with appropriate discretion to avoid meta-gaming and other violations of the roleplaying conventions and practices that are generally accepted by other members of this site.

The text of this compendium is largely my original work, with the occasional exception of text attributed to third-party sources. Nothing contained in this thread may be plagiarized or used to misrepresent me as the author thereof, nor shall it be revised or altered except as permitted by site policies governing the posting and editing of user-created content. No outside party may use the content of this thread in any way which violates site and board rules, administrator and moderator policies, or applicable national and international copyright laws.

All of the photographs that I have posted in this thread are the property of third parties which are not affiliated with me, this message board, or its host site, except where otherwise indicated. All third-party images may be subject to disappearance as a result of deletion, transference to other Web addresses, or any other sort of alteration performed by their owners in the course of exercising their proprietary rights.

The credit for the creation of the original Great Seal of the Monavian Empire, the original flags of the nation's political parties, and all arms and emblems is due to Imagery Nation. The original national flag (no longer displayed) was created by Jeuna in 2007. The topographical maps were created by Alfegos. The regional maps of Nova are largely the work of Etoile Arcture, Czardas, and Googlewoop. All other custom images are my personal work unless I have stated otherwise.
Last edited by The State of Monavia on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
——✠ ✠——THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION OF THE MONAVIAN EMPIRE——✠ ✠——
FACTBOOKS AND LOREROLEPLAY CANONDIPLOMATIC EXCHANGE

MY GUIDES ON ROLEPLAYING DIPLOMACY, ROLEPLAY ETIQUETTE, CREATING A NEW NATION,
LEARNING HOW TO ROLEPLAY (FORTHCOMING), AND ROLEPLAYING EVIL (PART ONE)

Seventeen-Year Veteran of NationStates ∙ Retired N&I Roleplay Mentor
Member of the NS Writing Project and the Roleplayers Union
I am a classical monarchist Orthodox Christian from Phoenix, Arizona.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

[Reserved.]

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Guide to Monavian National Symbols

Mascots

National Personification

Imperial Eagle (Gold and White Variants)

ImageImage

Arms

Lesser Coat of Arms

Blazon: Gules, a bicephlous Imperial Eagle displayed Or, twice crowned Or capped Purpure, grasping in its dexter claws a longsword Argent hilted Or and in its sinister claws a scepter Or topped by a brilliant-cut diamond Argent, on breast an escutcheon Azure, a Latin cross bottonee Or; in chief an issuant Argent surmounted by a globus cruciger Or jeweled with alternating sapphires and emeralds proper on its equator and two upper half-meridians and four amethysts proper on its cross; in base a fleur-de-lys Or; for a Crest, a crown consisting of a circlet Or trimmed with ermine and decorated with a row of three emeralds and two sapphires proper surmounted by a row of five diamonds proper, above which rise four half-arches decorated with pearls, three shown, and surmounted by a monde Or, its equator and meridian Azure fimbriated pale Azure, and surmounted by a Latin cross bottonee Or jeweled with amethysts and topaz stones proper, the crown capped Gules; behind the shield lay two rapiers in saltire Argent, hilted Or.

Illustration:

Medium Coat of Arms

Blazon: Gules, a bicephlous Imperial Eagle displayed Or, twice crowned by crowns Or capped Purpure, grasping in its dexter claws a longsword Argent hilted Or and in its sinister claws a scepter Or topped by an oval-cut diamond displayed Argent, on breast an escutcheon Azure, a Latin cross bottonee Or; in chief an issuant Argent surmounted by a globus cruciger Or jeweled with alternating sapphires and emeralds proper on its equator and ensigned by a cross bottonee jeweled with four amethysts proper; in base a fleur-de-lys Or; for a Crest, a crown Or capped Gules trimmed with ermine and decorated with a row of three emeralds and two sapphires proper surmounted by a row of five diamonds proper, above which rise four half-arches decorated with pearls (three shown) and surmounted by a monde Or jeweled about its equator and upper half-meridians with alternating emeralds and sapphires proper and surmounted by a Latin cross bottonee Or jeweled with amethysts and diamonds stones proper; behind the shield lay two unsheathed rapiers in saltire Argent, hilted Or; for Supporters, two angels wearing robes Argent and tunics Azure, the dexter supporter bearing three iris halophila flowers proper in its dexter hand and supporting the shield with its sinister hand, the sinister supporter supporting the shield with its dexter hand and bearing seven bolts of lightning Or in its sinister hand; for a Compartment a stone pedestal proper; for a Motto a parchment escarol of of three segments proper doubled Gules reading MONAVIA EST NOVUS ORDO MUNDI in lettering Sable.

Illustration:

Greater Coat of Arms

Blazon: Gules, a bicephlous Imperial Eagle displayed Or, twice crowned Or capped Purpure, grasping in its dexter claws a longsword Argent hilted Or and in its sinister claws a scepter Or topped by a brilliant-cut diamond Argent, on breast an escutcheon Azure, a Latin cross bottonee Or; in chief an issuant Argent surmounted by a globus cruciger Or jeweled with alternating sapphires and emeralds proper on its equator and two upper half-meridians and four amethysts proper on its cross; in base a fleur-de-lys Or; for a Crest, a crown consisting of a circlet Or trimmed with ermine and decorated with a row of three emeralds and two sapphires proper surmounted by a row of five diamonds proper, above which rise four half-arches decorated with pearls, three shown, and surmounted by a monde Or, its equator and meridian Azure fimbriated pale Azure, and surmounted by a Latin cross bottonee Or jeweled with amethysts and topaz stones proper, the crown capped Gules; behind the shield lay two rapiers in saltire Argent, hilted Or and an oak chaplet with acorns proper tied with a ribbon Gules; for Supporters, two angels wearing robes Argent and tunics Azure, the dexter supporter bearing in its dexter hand three iris halophila flowers proper and holding in its sinister hand a standard shafted proper with a spearhead finial Or and dual tasseled cords Gules, Argent, and Or, bearing the lesser coat of arms on a square field Argent fringed Or, the sinister supporter holding in its dexter hand a standard shafted proper with a spearhead finial Or and dual tasseled cords Gules, Argent, and Or, bearing the lesser coat of arms on a square field Argent fringed Or and bearing in its sinister hand seven bolts of lightning Or; for a Compartment a stone pedestal proper; for a motto a parchment banner proper doubled Gules bearing the legend MONAVIA EST NOVUS ORDO MUNDI written Sable. All are displayed within an imperial robe of state Or doubled Ermine and tied with tasseled cords Or, ensigned with a pavilion Gules fringed and tasseled and embroidered Or, ensigned with the Imperial Crown of State displayed proper.

Illustration:

Seals and Roundels

National Seal

Description: Based on the national flag and arms, the national seal consists of a parchment colored border outlined in cinnabar and a white inner roundel. The border reads MAGNUM SIGILLUM IMPERIUM MONAVIUM on top and MONAVIA EST NOVUS ORDO MUNDI on the bottom in black serif letters. The roundel is bears the escutcheon of the national arms, ensigned by the Imperial Crown of State and surrounded by a laurel chaplet bound with a crimson ribbon.

Imperial Roundel

Description: An Imperial Eagle (gold variant) on a gold-bordered crimson roundel outlined in black.

Seal of the Imperial Chancellor

Description: The Imperial Eagle (white variant) surrounded by a ring of sixty-four white five-pointed stars, the whole being on a purple roundel surrounded by a Navy blue border outlined in gold.

Seal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Description: A Navy blue border outlined in gold encircling the emblem of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, consisting of the Imperial Eagle (white variant) atop a cerulean wireframe globe outlined in black.

Seal of the Ministry of Defense

Description: The emblem of the Ministry of Defense on a white background encircled by a parchment colored border outlined by cinnabar red lines.

Seal of the Ministry of Justice

Description: The emblem of the Ministry of Justice on a Navy blue background surrounded by a black border outlined in gold.

Seal of the Federal Intelligence Department

Description: The emblem of the Federal Intelligence Department on a Navy blue background surrounded by a black border outlined in gold. The border inscription reads in uppercase sans-serif gold letters FEDERAL INTELLIGENCE DEPARTMENT on top and SCIENTIA EST POTENTIA (Latin: Knowledge is Power) on the bottom.

Seal of the Bureau of Covert Oversight

Description: A silver-outlined Navy blue border surrounding a sable roundel bearing a lidless, gold-irised rendition of the Eye of Providence radiating seventy-two rays of golden light against its background. The border inscription reads in uppercase silver letters BUREAU OF COVERT OVERSIGHT on top and NOS • CUSTODIET • CUSTODES (Latin: We Watch the Guardians) on the bottom.

Seal of the Bureau of Existential Security

Description: An ivory border outlined in antique gold surrounds an off-white background bearing the escutcheon of the Bureau (blazon: Cerulean, a lidless Eye of Providence with iris Vert radiating thirty-six rays of light Or) surrounded by a chaplet of oak branches proper tied together by a sapphire blue ribbon. The border inscription reads in uppercase antique gold letters BUREAU OF EXISTENTIAL SECURITY on top and MCMXXVIII on the bottom.

Seal of the Government Courier Service

Description: A sapphire blue roundel bearing the emblem of the Government Courier Service and surrounded by a burgundy border outlined in gold.

National Flags, Standards, and Ensigns

National Flag

Description: White, proportioned 2:3 overall, bearing as its central device the lesser arms minus the rapiers. The whole of these arms is surrounded by an olive chaplet bound at the bottom with a crimson ribbon. At the bottom of the flag lies a parchment scroll that is notched and decorated with a cinnabar red Maltese cross at each end. The scroll bears the legend MONAVIA EST NOVUS ORDO MUNDI which means “Monavia is the New Order of the World.”

Civil Sea Ensign

Description: A white flag (proportioned 2:3) blazoned with a Navy blue cross and the national flag in the canton.

Civil Air Ensign

Description: A cerulean flag (proportioned 2:3) blazoned with a white cross and a crimson canton bearing the Imperial Eagle (gold variant).

Civilian Jack

Description: On a square white field surrounded by a square sapphire blue border, the lesser coat of arms minus the rapiers surrounded by an olive chaplet bound at the bottom with a crimson ribbon. At the bottom of the flag lies a parchment scroll that is notched and decorated with a cinnabar red Maltese cross at each end. The scroll bears the legend MONAVIA EST NOVUS ORDO MUNDI which means “Monavia is the New Order of the World.”

National Gonfalon

Description: White two-tailed gonfalon bearing lesser coat of arms and adorned with golden tassels at the end of each tail. The crossbeam is ornamented with gilded spearheads on both ends and a thunderbolt surmounted by a Latin budded cross.

National Vexilloid

Description: White vexilloid bearing lesser coat of arms and adorned with a golden border and golden tassels at the bottom. The crossbeam is ornamented with gilded spearheads on both ends and a thunderbolt surmounted by a Latin budded cross.

Royal Flags, Standards, and Banners

Royal Gonfalon

Description: Crimson two-tailed gonfalon adorned with golden tassels at the end of each tail.

Royal Vexilloid

Description: Crimson vexilloid bearing the Imperial Eagle (gold variant).

Diplomatic Flags, Standards, and Banners

Diplomatic Standard

Description: Square variation on the national flag bordered with long golden fringe on three sides.

Banner of the Minister of Foreign Affairs

Description: The emblem of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs set between four gold Maltese crosses upon a square crimson background with short gold fringe.

Banner of the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Description: The emblem of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs set between four silver Maltese crosses upon a square sapphire blue background with short gold fringe.

Banner of a Monavian Ambassador

Description: The Imperial Eagle (white variant) surrounded by a chaplet of gold oak branches tied with a silver ribbon, the whole device set between four gold Maltese crosses upon a square crimson background with long gold fringe.

Banner of a Monavian Envoy

Description: The Imperial Eagle (white variant) surrounded by a chaplet of gold oak branches tied with a silver ribbon, the whole device upon a square crimson background with long gold fringe.

Banner of a Monavian Chargé d’affaires en Pied

Description: The escutcheon of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs atop crossed black batons with gold ferrules and surrounded by a chaplet of oak branches tied with a crimson ribbon, the whole device upon a square white background featuring a crimson border with long gold fringe.

Banner of a Monavian Chargé d’affaires ad Interim

Description: The escutcheon of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs atop crossed black batons with gold ferrules and surrounded by a chaplet of oak branches tied with a crimson ribbon, the whole device upon a square white background featuring a sapphire blue border with long gold fringe.

Banner of a Monavian Consul

Description: The escutcheon of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs atop crossed black batons with gold ferrules, the whole device upon a square white background featuring a crimson border with long gold fringe.

Banner of a Monavian Vice Consul

Description: The escutcheon of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs atop crossed black batons with silver ferrules, the whole device upon a square white background featuring a sapphire blue border with long gold fringe.

Banner of a Monavian Attaché

Description: The escutcheon of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs atop crossed black batons with silver ferrules, the whole device upon a square white background with long gold fringe.

Banner of a Monavian Diplomatic Staff Officer

Description: The escutcheon of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs atop crossed black batons with silver ferrules, the whole device upon a square sapphire blue background with long gold fringe.

Flag of the Diplomatic Security Agency

Description: The emblem of the Diplomatic Security Agency on a swallowtail-cut sapphire blue background, the whole proportioned 3:5.

Military Emblems

Emblem of the Ministry of Defense

Emblem of the Imperial Armed Forces

Emblem of the Imperial Defense Council

Emblem of the Imperial Army

Emblem of the Imperial Navy

Emblem of the Imperial Air Force

Emblem of the Royal Marine Corps

Emblem of the Royal Coast Guard

Emblem of the Royal Guard

Emblem of the Royal Space Corps

Imperial Air Force Fin Flashes

Military Flags, Standards, and Banners

War Flag of the Imperial Federation

Description: The emblem of the Imperial Armed Forces on a white, swallowtail-cut background with crimson bands at top and bottom, the whole proportioned 3:5.

Flag of the Ministry of Defense

Description: The emblem of the Imperial Armed Forces on a white background (proportioned 2:3).

Banner of the Minister of Defense

Description: The emblem of the Imperial Armed Forces on a square white background with a border of crimson and gold triangles surrounded on three sides by with short gold fringe.

Banner of the Deputy Minister of Defense

Description: The emblem of the Imperial Armed Forces on a square white background with a square crimson border surrounded on three sides by with short gold fringe.

Banner of the Imperial Defense Council

Description: The emblem of the Imperial Defense Council on a square white background bordered with short gold fringe.

Banner of the Imperial Armed Forces

Description: Imperial Eagle (gold variant) on a gold-bordered crimson roundel radiating sixteen golden lightning bolts from its edges, the whole having a square crimson background bordered with short gold fringe.

Flag of the Imperial Army

Description: Emblem of the Imperial Army on hunter green background (proportioned 2:3) surrounded by gold fringe.

Flag of the Imperial Navy

Description: Emblem of the Imperial Navy on sapphire blue background (proportioned 2:3) surrounded by gold fringe.

Flag of the Imperial Air Force

Description: Emblem of the Imperial Air Force on cerulean background (proportioned 2:3) surrounded by gold fringe.

Flag of the Royal Marine Corps

Description: Roundel of the Royal Marine Corps on crimson background (proportioned 2:3) surrounded by gold fringe.

Flag of the Royal Coast Guard

Description: Roundel of the Royal Coast Guard on a sapphire blue background (proportioned 2:3) surrounded by gold fringe.

Flag of the Royal Guard

Description: Emblem of the Royal Guard on a purple background (proportioned 2:3) surrounded by gold fringe.

Flag of the Royal Space Corps

Description: Emblem of the Royal Space Corps on a black background (proportioned 2:3) surrounded by gold fringe.

Documents[/align]

Passport

Official Passport

Diplomatic Passport

Emergency Passport

Travel Document

INTERPOL Travel Document

Certificate of Identity

Miscellany

Cockade of the Imperial Federation

Description: A cockade of three colors, being white in the center, then crimson, and then gold on the outside.

Last edited by The State of Monavia on Sun May 01, 2022 9:33 pm, edited 9 times in total.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Postby The State of Monavia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:49 pm

FORMULARY FOR COMPOSING OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS

FEATURING EXAMPLES IN STANDARD FORMATS
2020 EDITION

PREFACE

This document exists to serve as a compilation of examples of formats for official correspondence. Some categories contain multiple examples to demonstrate how specific types of nonstandard circumstances are best addressed.

Chapter 1: Declarations

Ultimatum

August 6, 2016

Your Excellency:

WHEREAS the country formerly known as the Red Star Union was previously administered by an internationally recognized government prior to its collapse in 2015;

AND WHEREAS a rebellious organization called the Black Star Movement bombed an oil refinery in the city of Yakar in December 2014 and left 413 civilians dead as a result of their actions;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Reich materially supported the Black Star Movement’s revolutionary activities by supplying its personnel with armaments, ordinance, and training;

AND WHEREAS Ordenite mercenaries entered the Red Star Union’s sovereign territory without the authorization of its recognized government and thereby trespassed against the rights thereof;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite government endorsed the Black Star Union’s destructive revolutionary activity by supporting it with members of its regular armed forces and ordered said personnel to engage in combat against the armed forces of the former Red Star Union;

AND WHEREAS the former Red Star Union’s internationally recognized government freely solicited military assistance from the People’s Unified Federation of Mokastana, Wellovia, Aqua Anu and Associated States in order to enforce internal order;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Reich’s Supreme Führer Christian Richtofen issued a formal statement (hereafter referred to as “the Richtofen Statement”) on July 7, 2015 and therein accused the People’s Unified Federation of violating the Red Star Union’s sovereignty;

AND WHEREAS the Richtofen Statement further stated that the Ordenite Reich would no longer recognize the indisputable fact of the Mokan nation’s statehood in contravention of accepted diplomatic customs prevailing since time immemorial;

AND WHEREAS the Richtofen Statement further stated that the Ordenite Reich would no longer recognize the regular uniformed military personnel of the People’s Unified Federation as lawful combatants and thus announced an intention on the part of the Ordenite government to contravene the laws and customs of war prevailing amongst civilized states;

AND WHEREAS the Richtofen Statement further stated that the Ordenite Reich thereby annexed the territory of the Red Star Union even though the internationally recognized government thereof did not consent to any such annexation;

AND WHEREAS the Richtofen Statement’s factually dubious charge that the People’s Unified Federation conducted itself inappropriately in its intercourse with the Red Star Union cast aspersions upon the integrity of Imperial Federation’s treaty alliance with the People’s Unified Federation under the Charter of the Fegosian Union;

AND WHEREAS the office of the Imperial Federation’s Minister of Foreign Affairs requested that the Ordenite Foreign Office furnish evidence supporting the Richtofen Statement’s claims regarding the Mokan government’s conduct;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Foreign Office failed to present evidence that supported the Richtofen Statement’s claims and instead offered as evidence a restatement of the claims themselves;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Foreign Office issued a letter to the Monavian Minister of Foreign Affairs in which it claimed that the Ordenite Wehrmacht had entered the Red Star Union to uphold the sovereignty of the Black Star Movement, thus imputing sovereignty to a non-state actor unrecognized by any other sovereign state;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Reich has subsequently invaded, conquered, annexed, and occupied the territory it has forcibly seized from the Red Star Union’s internationally recognized government, even though no other sovereign state has recognized these actions or formally accepted any of them as legitimate;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Reich has exported its nationals to the territory it has seized and thereby colonized it;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Reich’s Berlina Race Accords subsequently insulted and provoked countless foreign populations to anger by describing them as “subhuman” and “inferior” to the Ordenite population after accusing foreign governments of provocation and faulting them for allegedly doing so;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Foreign Office later issued a statement in which it referred to foreign populations as “parasitic and better deemed using the term ‘life unworthy of life’” and thereby cast aspersions on the Imperial Federation’s honor by implying that the Monavian government and the populace under its jurisdiction are unfit to merit the Ordenite Reich’s respect in the conduct of normal diplomatic intercourse;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Reich has formally declared war against the People’s Unified Federation on August 6, 2016 and subsequently engaged in combat operations against its regular armed forces;

AND WHEREAS national honor compels the Imperial Federation to refrain from using pretenses of ideological disagreement as justification for using war to achieve practical benefits and to reject and repudiate the employment of such pretenses by foreign states;

AND WHEREAS the Monavian government has determined from a candid observation of the aforementioned facts that it cannot afford to permit this unfortunate state of affairs to proceed along its present course without risking injury to the Imperial Federation’s freedom to engage in foreign trade;

AND WHEREAS the sovereign rulers of this country are charged with the solemn duty of asserting our sacred Empire’s rights and protecting its legitimate interests, among which We count the cessation of violence against our allies and the curtailment of ideologically-driven wars;

NOW KNOW YE that the Imperial Crown finds itself compelled to demand that the Ordenite government agree to:

I. Reinstate its recognition of the Mokan state as a legitimate legal entity capable of entering into diplomatic negotiations.

II. Recognize the Mokan government’s regular armed forces as legitimate combatants who are entitled to the rights which troops possess under the laws and customs of war that prevail among civilized nations.

III. Enact a ceasefire under which Ordenite forces shall completely terminate all combat operations against the People’s Unified Federation no later than 1200 hours on August 14, 2016.

IV. Pledge to send representatives to Chalcedon or some other neutral city of its choosing to negotiate a settlement of its dispute over the former Red Star Union and shall further agree to maintain its ceasefire within the territorial area of the former Red Star Union for the duration of these negotiations.

V. Renounce its presently unrecognized claims of sovereignty over the former Red Star Union.

VI. Notify the Monavian government without delay of the execution of the measures specified in the foregoing points.

None of these demands are open to negotiation. Should the Ordenite government fail to comply with the first and second provisions of this Ultimatum, the Monavian government shall construe such noncompliance as a calculated and deliberate violation of the laws and customs of war currently prevailing amongst civilized states and endorse all efforts by other parties to prosecute noncompliance as a war crime. Should the Ordenite Reich fail to comply with the third, fourth, or fifth provisions of this Ultimatum, the Monavian government shall construe such noncompliance as evidence that the Ordenite Reich intends to territorially, monetarily, and technologically aggrandize itself at the deliberate and uncompensated expense of foreign states in violation of their sovereignty and shall support all efforts to suppress unlawful aggression of this sort. The Monavian government further intends to construe noncompliance with the terms of this Ultimatum as a deliberate act of unfriendliness towards the Imperial Federation and its interests in the security of its allies in Greater Díenstad. In any instance, the Imperial Federation shall appropriately reciprocate the Ordenite Reich’s response to this Ultimatum.

The Monavian government hereby requests the favor of your reply within seventy-two hours from the moment you receive a copy of this Ultimatum.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, We have authorized the Great Seal of the Monavian Empire to be affixed to these presents and have hereunder subscribed our names.

GIVEN at our Court at the Royal Residence in Chalcedon on the sixth day of August in the year of Our Lord two thousand sixteen in the thirty-fourth year of our reign,

ATTEST:

Frederick Locke
Chief Herald of the Imperial Court

Richard Jackson
Secretary of the Royal Household

Declaration of War

Pursuant to the authority vested in them by the Constitution of the Imperial Federation, the Senate and the Representative Assembly of the Imperial Parliament hereby enact

AN ACT

PROVIDING FOR THE PROSECUTION OF HOSTILITIES AGAINST A FOREIGN ADVERSARY

WHEREAS the Ordenite Government has intentionally and deliberately acted to injure the vital interests of the Imperial Federation and its nationals;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Government has intentionally and deliberately acted to injure the vital interests of the Imperial Federation’s treaty allies and their respective nationals;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Government has refused to comply with the terms set forth in the ultimatum dated August 6, 2016;

AND WHEREAS the Ordenite Government’s has rejection of the aforementioned ultimatum and aforementioned attacks on Monavian and allied vital interests mean that those interests are now objects of belligerent activity authorized by the Ordenite Reich;

IT IS ENACTED that the Imperial Parliament hereby legally recognizes that a state of hostilities exists between the Imperial Federation of the Monavian Empire and the Ordenite Reich and authorizes the Imperial Crown to employ the entirety of the Imperial Federation’s land, naval, and aerial forces to prosecute said hostilities to a speedy and successful termination.

IT IS FURTHER ENACTED that as a consequence of the Ordenite Reich’s ability to instantaneously execute further attacks against the vital interests of the Imperial Federation, its treaty allies, and their respective nationals, the Monavian Government hereby determines that the traditional courtesy of formally transmitting this Act to the Ordenite Government can enable the Ordenite Government to take measures calculated to render the provisions of this Act ineffective or otherwise obstruct its execution. This Act shall therefore enter into force immediately upon receiving a valid royal signature and shall not require publication to take effect.

IT IS FURTHER ENACTED that the Imperial Parliament further authorizes the Imperial Crown to call for and accept the services of any number of volunteers, not exceeding 500,000, who may offer their services in the armed forces or merchant marine.

IT IS FURTHER ENACTED that the Imperial Parliament further authorizes the Imperial Crown to call the militia of the several provinces into the actual service of the Imperial Federation to such extent as may be necessary to carry this act into effect.

Richard Hanover II
Chancellor of the Monavian Empire and President of the Senate

Elena Crocker
Speaker of the Representative Assembly
Denise K. Yudina
Clerk of the Senate

Benjamin Flynn
Clerk of the Representative Assembly

We hereby certify that we witnessed the Crown approve this Act in our presence

Frederick Locke, Chief Herald of the Imperial Court

Richard Jackson, Secretary of the Royal Household

Chapter 2: Ministerial Letters

Classified Letter

Ambassador Natasha Hoban
Chancery of the Imperial Federation
Mokastana City
People’s Unified Federation of Mokastana

Your Excellency:

IAF Orbital Defense Command (ODC) just contacted my office to inform me that they have thwarted an attempted nuclear attack against the Commonwealth of Morrdh. Approximately one hour ago, Orbital Surveillance Command (OSC) detected a flight of Morridane space fighters flying over New Garrack in the direction of Castille and Mokastana. As these spacecraft passed within detection range of OSC’s nuclear surveillance satellites, the satellites detected radiation signatures consistent with highly-enriched fissile materials—in other words, OSC had reason to believe that these fighters were carrying nuclear payloads.

Following the last Fegosian Civil War, ODC established a policy of raising the readiness posture of its missile defense assets whenever an allied country falls into a state of civil war in which multiple sides have access to nuclear, chemical, biological, or radiological weapons. Consequently, ODC has kept its assets prepared to interdict attacks using weapons of mass destruction in the hope of preventing the Morridane coup from devolving into something far more catastrophic. When OSC observed the aforementioned spacecraft launch four nuclear missiles in the direction of a Morridane installation (believed to be the Waremera spaceport), ODC interdicted the missiles in orbit over Mokastana.

Following the success of their interdiction operation, ODC received word from OSC that some remnants of these missiles might survive atmospheric reentry and land on Mokan soil. While they have not confirmed that this is the case, the act of downing nuclear ordinance over Mokan soil might potentially have adverse effects on Mokan security interests. In an effort to prevent this incident from straining the Imperial Federation’s relationships with its Delian League and Fegosian Union allies, I hereby advise you to contact the Mokan government and request an immediate audience with President Rodriguez by whatever means are available to you.

Sincerely,

Theodore Zubrod
Minister of Defense

Letter of Reception

Afaenvian Imperial Office of Foreign Affairs
ATTN: Viscount Cyril Desgoffia of Syracruse
25 Council Street
City of Crystalcrest

February 22, 2017

Dear Viscount Desgoffia:

It pleases me to inform you that the letter your office sent me on February 21st has arrived without incident and that the news it contains is heartily appreciated. I have relayed news of Lord Hwang’s arrival to my superiors and have ordered that arrangements be made for his delegation’s reception. The Crown has agreed to set aside time for an audience in which Lord Hwang and others with him may formally present their credentials and receive exequaturs as needed.

My government is delighted to entertain your government’s offer of reciprocity and will prepare a request for future submission to your office at a later date. I look forward to the day when I can sign off an application form for a Monavian facility in Crystalcrest and hope that the days between now and then will be filled with blessings aplenty.

Sincerely,

Augustus Borozan, Ph.D., LL.M.
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Letter of Congratulations

Junior Rep. Duke Hazzard
117 Chancery Avenue
Chalcedon, Capital District
Imperial Federation of the Monavian Empire

February 26, 2017

Your Excellency:

Please accept my congratulations and the best wishes of my government as a whole on your new appointment to serve as Dipl. Rep. Caberinta’s ambassadorial understudy. I have instructed my secretary to inform the Crown that I will send them an exequatur application shortly so that your new position may be properly recognized.

Please do not hesitate to contact my office if you require anything else in the course of settling into your new position.

Sincerely,

Chapter 3: Diplomatic Letters

Ambassadorial Letter

His Excellency Elizabeth Franshaw
Foreign Minister of the People’s Unified Federation
Mokastana City, Mokostan
People’s Unified Federation of Mokastana

Your Excellency:

I write to you at this time to offer you some urgent news concerning a number of developments that have arisen within the Commonwealth of Morrdh over the last few hours. First, it deeply pleases me to inform you that the Monavian diplomatic mission in Mórrdun is unharmed and that they have regained the communications capabilities they lost during the initial wave of bombings. Second, our ambassador to the Commonwealth, Stefan Voltich, has just informed me that his mission is working to observe the political situation in Mórrdun and send me any intelligence they are able to gather from their position. Finally, and most importantly of all, Ambassador Voltich has informed me that he believes it is the Imperial Federation’s obligation as an ally of the PUF to assist your government with the border closure issue that has arisen earlier today.

In regard to this final point, Ambassador Voltich explained that the he considers the reopening of the border an objective of paramount importance as every day it remains closed will negatively impact the economies of both countries involved and the political relationship between them. He therefore intends to request a meeting with Viktor Cathmore or one of his representatives to negotiate a reopening of the Commonwealth’s border with the People’s Unified Federation. He conceded that he cannot guarantee that he will find Viktor Cathmore’s new régime amenable to his proposal, but he believes that the issue is too important to abandon without making an earnest attempt.

Having offered Your Excellency the foregoing information, permit me to renew my past assurances that Your Excellency’s government will continue to receive my office’s highest consideration.

Very faithfully yours,

Natasha Hoban, Ph.D.
Ambassador of the Imperial Federation

Letters to Diplomatic Facility Applicants

Example 1 (response to plain application):

Sebastian Kurz
Konstantinopouli
Empire of Lemlar

April 19, 2017

Your Excellency:

I am very pleased to inform you that my office has reviewed and approved the facility application which your office submitted on April 17, 2017. I have ordered my staff to allot the property located at 109 Chancery Avenue for your honorable government’s use and I hope that the Lemlaer delegation will find its condition satisfactory upon arriving there. If you, Ambassador Agostopolous, or any of his subordinates feel a need to make inquiries regarding these arrangements, then my office will freely entertain and answer whichever questions are directed to it.

I have informed the Imperial Crown of your delegation’s pending arrival and have secured Their Imperial Majesties’ blessing to organize and send a Monavian delegation to Konstantinopouli. Should your honorable government be pleased with this offer of reciprocity, you can expect my office to prepare and submit a completed diplomatic exchange application in the near future. In the meantime, I offer you and the Lemlaer government at large my sincerest wishes for a peaceful and prosperous future.

Sincerely,

Example 2 (response to application containing an invitation to reciprocate):

Randall Field, Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Department of Foreign Affairs
Vladarsik
The Republic of Eitoan

March 7, 2019

Mr. Secretary:

It pleases me to inform you that my office has reviewed and approved the facility application which your department’s Legal Affairs Section submitted on March 6, 2019. I have ordered my staff to allot the property located at 113 Chancery Avenue for your honorable government’s use and I hope that the Eitoan delegation will find its condition satisfactory upon arriving there. If you, Ambassador Macek, or any of his subordinates feel a need to make inquiries regarding these arrangements, then my office will freely entertain and answer whichever questions are directed to it.

I have forwarded your communiqué and Ambassador Macek’s Letter of Credence to the Royal Residence so that the Crown can arrange an audience in which he can formally present his credentials. I am confident that His Excellency will faithfully discharge the responsibilities entrusted to his care and wish him safe travels on his journey to Chalcedon. My secretary has also notified the Imperial Crown of your embassy’s pending arrival so that appropriate preparations can be organized to ensure they are properly received.

Their Imperial Majesties greatly appreciated your invitation to organize a Monavian embassy to represent the Imperial Federation in Vladarsik, so you can expect my office to prepare and submit a completed diplomatic facility application in the near future. With these facts in mind, I offer you and the Eitoan government at large my sincerest wishes for a peaceful and prosperous future and hope that you will accept this sentiment as reliable assurance of my office’s highest consideration.

Sincerely,

Minister of Foreign Affairs

Example 3 (response to application containing special requests):

Chapter 4: Diplomatic Documents

Diplomatic Commission

Example 1: Ambassadorial commission

Know ye, that, reposing special trust and confidence in the distinguished prudence, fidelity, and ability of Sandra Panay, the Imperial Crown hereby invests her with the rank of Ambassador of the Imperial Federation to the Yohannesian Realm and such other parts as shall be nearer thereto than to the residence of any other Consul or Vice Consul of the Imperial Federation within the same allegiance; and do authorize and empower her to occupy the aforementioned Office, and to exercise and enjoy all the rights, privileges and immunities thereto appertaining during the Crown’s pleasure; and do hereby enjoin all Captains, Masters and Commanders of ships and other vessels, armed or unarmed, sailing under the flag of the Imperial Federation, as well as other citizens, to acknowledge and consider her accordingly; and further hereby pray and request that the Yohannesian Realm’s authorities, judges, civil, and military officials recognize her in her capacity as an Ambassador and permit her to fully and peaceably enjoy and exercise without trouble, molestation, or harassment the rights, privileges, and prerogatives of her office and to receive all proper countenance and assistance without hindrance or delay. The Crown likewise offers to do the same for all those who shall, in like manner, be recommended to it by the Yohannesian Realm.

In testimony hereof, we have caused these letters to be made Patent and the Great Seal of the Monavian Empire to be hereunto affixed.

GIVEN at our Court at the Royal Residence in Chalcedon on the twelfth day of September in the year of Our Lord two thousand eleven in the twenty-ninth year of our reign,

ATTEST:

Frederick Locke

Richard Jackson

Letters of Credence

Example 1: Letter accrediting an ambassador to a republic

Her Excellency Dr. Soledad Martin
Secretary-General of the General Secretariat
The Unitary Technocracy of Etoile Arcture

November 24, 2015

Your Excellency:

Out of an abundance of esteem for the mutual friendship and understanding now existing between the Imperial Federation and the United Technocracy of Etoile Arcture and a desire to promote and further secure these amicable relations, I hereby appoint the Honorable Gerald E. Hahn to reside in Your Excellency’s country as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary. Ambassador Hahn is well informed of our countries’ relative interests and the Monavian government’s desire to cultivate the friendship subsisting between them to the fullest possible extent.

My knowledge of his distinguished character and abilities therefore leads me to believe that he will constantly endeavor to advance these interests and fulfill the mission with which he is charged in a manner that shall merit Your Excellency’s trust and approbation while proving himself worthy of the confidence I now place in him. I therefore request Your Excellency to receive him favorably, grant credence to the things he shall say on behalf of the Imperial Federation in an official capacity, and accept from him my government’s best wishes for your country’s peace and prosperity.

Your faithful friend,

Example 2: Letter accrediting a chargé d’affaires to a monarchy

[Title]
[Position]
[Country]

January 19, 2018

Your Majesty:

I am pleased to inform Your Majesty that I have appointed X as Charge d’Affaires ad interim of the Imperial Federation in [name of receiving state]. Ms. X will serve in that capacity pending the arrival of an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Imperial Federation at a future time.

In communicating the foregoing information, I am honored to request that Your Majesty recognize Ms. X in the character above mentioned, receive her favorably, grant credence to the things she shall say on my behalf in an official capacity, and cause to be extended to her such immunities, privileges and courtesies as are usually accorded to a diplomatic representative of her rank and position.

Having requested these things, I hereby avail myself of this occasion to offer Your Majesty my office’s most distinguished consideration and my government’s best wishes for your country’s peace and prosperity.

Sincerely,

Frank Carter
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Letters of Recall

Example 1: Letter recalling an ambassador in protest

[Title]
[Position]
[Country]

April 1, 2018

Your Excellency:

The Imperial Crown regrets to inform Your Excellency that its trusty servant [name], who has resided for some time in Your Excellency’s country as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Imperial Federation, is hereby recalled in protestation of [grievance].

The Crown is sufficiently pleased with Ambassador [name]’s zeal, fidelity, and competence in executing the duties of his office to trust that his conduct will have also merited Your Excellency’s esteem, trust, and approbation. With these sentiments in mind, the Crown hereby promises to continue granting its highest consideration to Your Excellency’s government.

Your faithful friend,

Example 2: Letter recalling an ambassador in connection with reassignment

[Title]
[Position]
[Country]

April 1, 2018

Your Excellency:

The Imperial Crown has found need for its trusty servant [name], who has resided for some time in Your Excellency’s country as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Imperial Federation, to render his services in another jurisdiction and therefore finds it fitting to notify Your Excellency’s office of his recall and future replacement.

The Crown is sufficiently pleased with Ambassador [name]’s zeal, fidelity, and competence in executing the duties of his office to trust that his conduct will have also merited Your Excellency’s esteem, trust, and approbation. With these sentiments in mind, the Crown hereby promises to continue granting its highest consideration to Your Excellency’s government and renew its past assurances of constant friendship and earnest wishes for your country’s peace and prosperity.

Your faithful friend,

Exequatur

Having received satisfactory evidence that [name] has been appointed [rank], the Imperial Crown hereby recognizes him as such and declares him free to exercise and enjoy such functions, powers, and privileges as are allowed to consular officers by the Law of Nations or by the Laws of the Imperial Federation.

In testimony hereof, we have caused these letters to be made Patent and the Great Seal of the Monavian Empire to be hereunto affixed.

GIVEN at our Court at the Royal Residence in Chalcedon on the twelfth day of April in the year of Our Lord two thousand seventeen in the thirty-fifth year of our reign,

Witnessed by:

Frederick Locke

Richard Jackson

Chapter 5: Classified Documents

Classified Internal Communiqué

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUÉ

To: Mórrdun Chancery Station
Subject: Security Incident in Progress

We received your transmission concerning the attacks in Mórrdun and are relieved to know that the Chancery does not appear to be a target. We are preparing to contact other FID stations and relay the information you provided to other concerned parties. Stand by for further instructions.

End of transmission.

Cover Page

CLASSIFIED

TOP SECRET
DIVINE UMBRA

BY ORDER OF THE DIRECTOR

IN ORDER TO SECURE THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION’S VITAL INTERESTS, ALL PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR HANDLING THIS DOCUMENT ARE LEGALLY REQUIRED TO TAKE MEASURES THAT CAN SECURE ITS CONTENTS FROM LOSS, THEFT, UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION, AND DISSEMINATION OR TRANSMISSION TO UNAUTHORIZED PARTIES. ALL PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR HANDLING, STORING, REPRODUCING, REPUBLISHING, OR EXCERPTING INFORMATION FROM THIS DOCUMENT SHALL PERFORM SUCH ACTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATUTES, REGULATIONS, AND DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES.

THE UNAUTHORIZED POSSESSION, REPRODUCTION, DISSEMINATION, TRANSMISSION, ALTERATION, OR DESTRUCTION OF THIS DOCUMENT SHALL RESULT IN FELONY PROSECUTION AND THE IMPOSITION OF CRIMINAL PENALTIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LEGISLATION.

THIS COVER PAGE IS UNCLASSIFIED.

Chapter 6: Treaties

International Friendship and Conciliation Treaty

[Title]

PREAMBLE

Whereas Divine Providence has found it pleasing to dispose the exceedingly dread and puissant sovereigns Charles IX and Elizabeth VI and [entity] in favor of establishing a mutually beneficial intercourse between the Imperial Federation of the Monavian Empire and [names of other states] (hereafter referred to as the Contracting Parties), and whereas the Monavian Crown requested that this Treaty be created to establish and promote an amicable relationship between the Imperial Federation and the [other party] in the hope that any reciprocal advantages and mutual convenience arising therefrom will yield and secure perpetual harmony between their respective populations, the Monavian Crown and [entity] have appointed official plenipotentiaries and subordinate representatives for the purposes of drafting and negotiating this agreement.

The Monavian Crown has constituted and appointed His Excellency Jeffrey Hedges, Ambassador Plenipotentiary of the Imperial Federation to the Holy Kingdom and Inspector-General of the Imperial Federation’s Bureau of Existential Security; [names and titles]; and the Holy Kingdom has constituted and appointed [names and titles]; to be plenipotentiaries for the negotiation, concluding, and signing of this present definitive Treaty. After showing one another satisfactory evidence that they are endowed with full powers on behalf of their respective sovereigns, the aforenamed Plenipotentiaries hereby agree to confirm the following articles:

CHAPTER ONE

ARTICLE I: MUTUAL RECOGNITION OF STATEHOOD AND LEGAL STANDING

§1. Each Contracting Party shall legally recognize the other Contracting Party’s claim to be an independent sovereign state and likewise recognize a relationship of sovereign equality between itself and the other Contracting Party.

§2. Legal Status of This Treaty

A. Each Contracting Party shall regard the other Contracting Party as having full legal standing to freely enter into this present Treaty under its own authority.

B. Each Contracting Party shall recognize the Plenipotentiaries appointed by the other Contracting Party as having sufficient legal standing to negotiate and conclude this present Treaty at the time of its negotiation and conclusion.

C. Each Contracting Party shall recognize this present Treaty as having no effect on any bilateral and multilateral international treaties and agreements it has previously concluded with third parties not associated with this present Treaty.

ARTICLE II: DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS

§1. Establishment and Conduct of Diplomatic Intercourse

A. Each Contracting Party agrees to recognize the accreditation of the other Contracting Party’s diplomatic personnel and facilities in accordance with the protocols adopted by their respective governments.

B. Each Contracting Party shall comply with the other Contracting Party’s applicable terms and conditions for establishing and conducting diplomatic intercourse so that they can conduct said intercourse in a peaceful and harmonious manner to the maximum extent practicable.

C. Each Contracting Party shall constitute an embassy and dispatch it to the other Contracting Party’s seat of government within ninety days of the date on which this present Treaty enters into complete force.

D. The Contracting Parties shall afford the persons composing said embassies the immunities, privileges, and courtesies that are normally accorded to diplomatic representatives of their respective ranks and positions.

§2. The Governments of the Contracting Parties shall maintain continual contact with one another for the purpose of exchanging information on problems affecting their common interests.

ARTICLE III: RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES

§1. The Contracting Parties shall endeavor to resolve all disputes arising between them by entirely peaceful means.

§2. Means for Pursuing Recourse

A. In the event that a dispute of any nature shall arise between the Contracting Parties and ordinary diplomatic proceedings have failed to secure a mutually satisfactory resolution thereof, the Contracting Parties shall seek recourse to adjudication by a competent tribunal before which they are mutually disposed to present their case.

B. In the event that such recourse cannot be obtained, the Contracting Parties shall constitute an international Arbitration Commission (hereafter referred to as the “Commission”) in the manner prescribed by the next section and to submit their disputes to the Commission for settlement.

§3. Procedures for Arbitration

A. The Commission shall consist of five members, to be appointed as follows: One member shall be chosen from each country by the Government thereof, one member shall be chosen by each Government from some third country, and the fifth member shall be chosen by common agreement between the two Governments, it being understood that this person shall not be a citizen of either country.

B. The Contracting Parties shall fill all vacancies according to the manner of the original appointment.

C. The Contracting Parties shall pay the Commission’s expenses in equal proportions and furnish it with all the means and facilities required for it to conduct its investigations and issue reports.

D. The Commission shall complete its report on a given investigation no later than one year after it has declared that investigation to have begun unless the Contracting Parties mutually agree to reduce or extend this deadline.

E. The Commission shall prepare three copies of all reports, sending one copy to each Government and retaining the third copy for its files.

CHAPTER TWO

ARTICLE IV: NATIONAL INTEGRITY OF SIGNATORIES

§1. Recognition of Autonomy

A. Each Contracting Party shall hold inviolate the territory presently claimed by the other Contracting Party and permanently renounce and disclaim all current and former pretensions of sovereignty over territory presently claimed by the other Contracting Party.

B. Each Contracting Party shall refrain from annexing territory claimed by the other Contracting Party unless the other Contracting Party agrees to freely and willingly cede said territory in accordance with prevailing international law.

C. Each Contracting Party shall regard its sovereign jurisdiction as being confined to its own territory and refrain from interfering in the internal affairs of the other Contracting Party or otherwise attempt to constrain its autonomy.

§2. Nonaggression

A. Each Contracting Party shall refrain from purposefully acting to impair, damage, or otherwise injure the legal vital interests of the other Contracting Party, thus neither Contracting Party shall make the other Contracting Party an object of belligerent action or impose a boycott, blockade, or legal sanctions on the other Contracting Party.

B. If either Contracting Party becomes the object of belligerent action by a third party not associated with this present Treaty, the other Contracting Party shall refrain and desist from lending its support to that third party.

C. If either Contracting Party makes a third party not associated with this present Treaty an object of belligerent action, the other Contracting Party shall not permit its nationals to accept commissions from the enemy or fight under their colors.

D. Neither Contracting Party shall enter into or participate in any pact, league, coalition, or alliance that is constituted to injure the legal vital interests of the other Contracting Party.

E. Neither Contracting Party shall allow any third party to use its territory to perform acts intended to injure the legal vital interests of the other Contracting Party or threaten the security thereof.

ARTICLE V: CONDUCT OF BELLIGERENT ACTIVITIES

§1. If one Contracting Party suffers an attack by one or more third parties not associated with this present Treaty, the other Contracting Party shall render to the aggrieved Contracting Party whatever aid it can muster for the duration of the conflict.

§2. If either Contracting Party makes a third party not associated with this present Treaty an object of belligerent action and seizes a prize belonging to that nation, and that prize is found to contain persons and effects associated with either Contracting Party, then all such persons are to be freed from custody and all such effects returned to their owners unspoiled.

CHAPTER THREE

ARTICLE VI: COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND TRADE

§1. Each Contracting Party shall accord equitable treatment to the nationals and companies of the other Contracting Party in regard to their persons, property, enterprises, and other interests.

§2. The Contracting Parties shall establish and maintain freedom of commerce and navigation between their respective territories in accordance with provisions of this present Treaty.

§3.

§4.

§5. The Contracting Parties shall reciprocally rescind and repeal all tariffs and duties levied against goods traded directly between their respective peoples and territories within twelve months of the date on which this present Treaty enters into complete force.

§6. Neither Contracting Party shall levy tariffs, duties, imposts, excises, or surcharges on goods produced by firms or persons domiciled within the jurisdiction of the other Contracting Party except when required to mitigate the deleterious effects of predatory pricing and product dumping.

If one or more third parties not associated with this present Treaty collude to economically boycott or otherwise deliberately injure the legal financial interests of one Contracting Party, the other Contracting Party shall refrain from all activities which may have the effect of enabling said third parties to further injure the legal interests of the aggrieved Contracting Party.

ARTICLE VII: TRAVEL AND IMMIGRATION

§1. All citizens and nationals of one Contracting Party who travel within the jurisdiction of another Contracting Party shall be entitled to receive assistance from the Government whose sovereign jurisdiction they have entered. This section applies to both private and official travel.

ARTICLE VIII: CULTURAL AND SCIENTIFIC INTERESTS

§1. Each Contracting Party shall accord the other Contracting Party’s nationals and companies

https://www.expatax.nl/kb/article/offic ... t-456.html

CHAPTER FOUR

ARTICLE IX: PROTOCOLS FOR RATIFICATION

§1. The Plenipotentiaries appointed to negotiate, conclude, and sign this present Treaty shall sign two complete copies thereof and cause one copy to be deposited in the state archives of each Contracting Party.

§2. Each Contracting Party shall abide by its respective constitutional procedures in ratifying this present Treaty and securely convey valid copies of its instruments of ratification to the other Contracting Party within ninety days of the date on which the plenipotentiaries have affixed their signatures to the final draft of this present Treaty. This present Treaty shall subsequently enter into complete force on the date that both Contracting Parties confirm receiving proof of ratification from one other.

§3. This Treaty shall remain in permanent force unless the Contracting Parties mutually agree to its dissolution, either by mutual withdrawal therefrom or by ratifying a subsequent treaty superseding this Treaty in the future. In such instances that either Contracting Party regards withdrawal from this present Treaty as a necessary measure to preserve the integrity of its legal vital interests, the party wishing to withdraw shall provide the counterparty with a notice stating the reasons why its legal vital interests are jeopardized by its continued compliance with this Treaty’s terms and conditions. This present Treaty shall subsequently terminate ninety days after the counterparty confirms receipt of the initiating party’s notice of intent to withdraw unless said notice specifies an alternative date of termination.

ARTICLE X: PROTOCOLS FOR AMENDMENT

§1. Amendment

A. Each Contracting Party shall be free to propose amendments to this Treaty.

B. In the event that a Contracting Party proposes that this Treaty be amended, both Contracting Parties shall agree to appoint plenipotentiary representatives to discuss proposed amendments and make decisions regarding their adoption.

C. All amendments (save for technical corrections which said representatives agree in advance to ratify through a procès-verbal) shall enter into force through the ratification procedures which presently govern the entry into force of this Treaty.

§2. Devolution of Rights

A. In the event that a state entity that functions as a Contracting Party to this Treaty shall cease to exist, its right to propose amendments shall devolve upon all internationally-recognized state and nonstate parties that claim to be its legal successors.

B. In the event that a defunct Contracting Party has no legal successors or its legal successors elect to withdraw from this Treaty, the surviving Contracting Party shall no longer retain the right to propose further amendments thereto.

C. In the event that a defunct Contracting Party has multiple legal successors and some of them wish to withdraw from this Treaty while others do not, the surviving Contracting Party shall release the withdrawing entities from their obligations under this present Treaty but shall retain the right to propose and negotiate amendments to this present Treaty with all of the legal successors to the defunct Contracting Party that have not yet withdrawn therefrom.

D. In the event that a defunct Contracting Party has multiple legal successors and each of them wishes to separately propose different amendments to this present Treaty and do not agree to propose or negotiate these amendments jointly, these amendments shall be negotiated as separate treaties apart from this present Treaty.

IN FAITHFUL WITNESS WHEREOF, we, the aforementioned Plenipotentiaries, have signed with our own hands two copies of this present definitive Treaty, each of which is written in English, [list other languages], and affixed the official seals of our respective governments thereto. The Contracting Parties agree to regard all of these texts as equally authentic.

DONE at [location] on this [day] of [month] in the year [year].

[signatures and seals of representatives]
Last edited by The State of Monavia on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Postby The State of Monavia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:49 pm

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠
ᴼ‿ᴼ
/‾‾ʽ⧓ʼ‾‾\

Put the emperor in your signature to promote classical monarchism.

Code: Select all
[align=center][u][color=#BF8000]✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠[/color][/u]
⎩ [b]ᴼ‿ᴼ[/b] ⎭
/‾‾ʽ⧓ʼ‾‾\[/align]
Last edited by The State of Monavia on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Postby The State of Monavia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:50 pm

MONAVIA’S ROLEPLAY CANON

Most of these threads should be in chronological order. Some of them have been retroactively expunged by other participants and others have died.

Jolt Forum Era

1. My first NS threads: #1 and #2
Ending of Monavian isolationism.

2. Monavian Treaty with Cotenshire

3. Diplomatic Conference with Cotenshire and the ensuing state visit.

4. A Message from the Blue Sky
Monavian diplomatic conference with Lamonian leaders.

5. Unseasonable Weather Spawns Deadly Torando Outbreak

6. Monavian friendship treaty with Lamoni

7. Monavian diplomatic talks with Ixanian Officials

8. The Monavian Empire Seeks Diplomatic Relations with Other Nations

9. Diplomatic Talks with the Kiravian Government

10. Purchase of terminals at Skyhaven International Airport (Lamoni)

11. International Talks With Zaheran

12. A Gathering of Friends

13. Formation of the Bacterial Oil Cartel

14. Emperor Seawind Missing, Presumed Dead

15. Dauphin Assassinated

16. A Joint Venture

17. An heir is born!

18. Emperor Seawind Found Alive

19. A Meeting Between Neighbors

20. Preserving an Imperiled Government

21. Controversial Labour Act Passed in Parliament

22. Operation Goshawk (part I)

23. Zevkhay Conference (part I)

Onsite Forum Era

1. Zevkhay Conference (part II)

2. Operation Goshawk (part II)

3. Internal Tensions

4. Smoke on the Water
• Beiraqi naval war: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20286
• Beiraqi Theater: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39304
• Peace treaty negotiations: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45070
• End of war: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51992

5. Conference with the Republic of Mourro
• Continuation of the above: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40956

6. Discipline and Fire
Involvement in tensions between Brewdomia and Stoklomolvi.

7. Hostile Takeover Bid
Intervention in the Prevanian Civil War.

8. Tailville, DR International Antislavery Conference Part I
Major international anti-slavery meeting.

9. Tailville, DR International Antislavery Conference Part II
Continuation of previous thread.

10. San Alto Civil War
Monavian involvement in a foreign civil war.

11. Capital Protests
Monavian journalists cover protests in Mokastana City.

12. Trials of Oppression
Dispute between anti-slavery governments over treatment of noncombatants.

13. Declaration of Foreign Tax Amendment
Haggling over Yohannesian tax policies.

14. Operation Nemesis
FUPF involvement in an international drug war.

15. Invitations
Monavian involvement in a dispute between Novikov and Bielostrov.

16. Opening of Alaje
Dealing with foreign isolationists.

17. All Things Must Come to an End
International dignitaries attend funeral of Mokan official.

18. The Way of All Utopias
International involvement in the Second Fegosian civil war.

19. The Imperial Birthday Gala
International dignitaries celebrate birthday of Ganosian quintuplets.

20. An Act of Faith
Not yet fully launched.

21. One Step Too Far
Monavian defense of Alfegos following Alexiandran incursion into Fegosian colony.

22. The Klubtz Statement of 2013
Monavian reaction to declaration made by Ordernite leader Victor Klubtz.

23. Protocol Victor Zulu
International shipping incident leads to war.

24. Operation Metta-Ornaran
An effort to capture the Ralkovian Emperor.

25. The Ghost Ship
Kravenite Deathship found adrift and abandoned in Novan waters.

26: A Game of Drones
The Grand World Order vows to assault its opponents anywhere they hide, even if it means stepping on lots of toes.

27: Broken Masquerade
International reaction to the Shift.

28: I'm No Patriot
International reaction to revolution in Guadalupador.

29. Paramilitaries Execute Bronies!
Inyurstan paramilitary vigilantes kill some people and prompt the Monavian intelligence establishment to act.

30. New Thorium Reserves Discovered in Zunkwentania
Monavian attempt to purchase monzanite ore from a foreign supplier.

31. Foreign Vanguard of Reaction
The UWO tries to create a global fascist movement.

32. The Richtofen Doctrine of 2015
UWO Supreme Führer Christian Richtofen claims sovereignty over South Panooly and the Red Star Union.

33. Imperial Reorganization
The Empire of Monahtan is born, only to rile up the communist world.

34: Death of a King
Monavians send condolences to relatives of a deceased monarch.

35. Protestors Shot and Killed in Jolthig
Monavians send condolences to foreign leader after his soldiers kill rioters in self-defense.

36. Homofront Strikes Inyursta!
Homofront terrorists bomb and shoot Inyurstan civilians, thus prompting Monavian offers of assistance with quelling the threat they pose.

37. Election of President-Elect Rodrigo Santillan
Monavian leaders congratulate a new president on his election.

38. The Berlina Race Accords
Ordenite leaders declare multiple groups of people subhuman in order to enslave them.

39. The End
Various intelligence services compete to locate and seize Fegosian technology after Alfegos destroy itself in a nuclear civil war.

40.Shogun Kojiro Slams Diversity
Monavian response to a public address delivered by Nifonese Shogun Maki Kojiro.

41. Supreme Court Rules Against LGBTQ
Monavian reactions to Inyurstan Supreme Court decision.

42. Allardt is Building Churches

43. All the Sea is Green
Diplomatic conference in underwater city.

44. International Police Force
Monavian application to join INTERPOL agreement.

45. The King Needs a Gem
Bidding on Allanean gem contract.

46.Covenant Security Concerns

47. Shattered Commonwealth: Fallen Morrdun
Monavian intervention in Morridance coup.

Critical Reception of my Work and Ideas

✠ Writing

Lamoni: Milograd (aka Carta) has said that he wouldn’t mind if you’d like to help him in writing up an WA commendation for me, and all of the efforts that i’ve [sic] put into NS. I told him that you’re one of the best writers that i’ve [sic] seen on NS, and that you have the added bonus of having known me on NS for a long time.

Milograd: I just finished reading that post regarding evil that you and GWO collaborated on. Nice work as per usual.

Ralkovia: For me, I evolved into the role I hold today. As State of Monavia eloquently wrote, “For the longest time the world of NationStates was not much different from the real world. The anti-Semites ran rampant; they descended upon the innocent Jewry of the world with a terrible fury that was matched by few in its maliciousness and depravity. They plundered, pillaged, pilfered, and purloined whatever they wanted, killed some, enslaved others, and were careful to leave enough Jews alive to be tormented. The future of the Children of Abraham remained bleak during this long, dark period...and then Ralkovia turned the tables.”

Alexiandra: I’m currently reading through An Act of Faith, and I now feel an overwhelming desire to congratulate you for writing what I consider the greatest piece of stand-alone literature on NationStates. Although I haven’t read the entire text yet, the sunrise scene in the first chapter was so impressive that I had to stop reading and pen this telegram. Well done, my friend. Yours is a rare talent—it should be cherished above all else.

Jenrak: First off, I looked at the guide [to roleplaying genocide], and it looks good. If you’re good with it, I’ll add it to the guide index.

Ganos Lao: Reading your posts are a breath of fresh air when it comes to NS.

Futrellia: Your elegant, well thought, and careful writing Is the stuff of envy. I think my writing skills are good? Yours blow mine out of the water everytime. Bravo.

Futrellia: I almost to beg you to bring your presence to Elvarya. The Lord knows we need more writers like you.

Alexiandra: Superb work, as always.

✠ Constitution and Factbooks

Hioloa: Absolutely Brilliant, I commend you for taking the time and effort to write that out. You have Inspired me.

Ostronopolis: Not the best I've ever seen, but certainly the best on NS I’ve seen for a national constitution, and extremely good for someone (I’m presuming here) who is not a law student and or highly experienced in law. Kudos to you Monavia.

Grand Catalonia: Monavia, you have inspired me. I am going to use your constitution as my guide and inspiration for writing my own.

Greater Rhodes: As much as I may disagree with the details on how a nation’s government should be set up this constitution is beautifully done, it shows that you've put a lot of hard work into it. So well done, and a tip of the hat to you my friend.

Maraque: There is so much information, it’s quite impressive.

✠ Roleplaying and Miscellany

El Cuscatlan: Thank you. It is an honour to me that you appreciate my threads. I am also very thankful for you Rping with generally locked population, because to be honest nations with 25 billion population sound unrealistic to me and are hard to role-play, because of sheer number of people in them.

New Azura: Your signature is BOSS, mate.

Ganos Lao: I am always so humbled and envious of your creativity and attention to detail, Monavia. :3
Last edited by The State of Monavia on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Postby The State of Monavia » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:42 am

LOG OF CHANGES

Overview

This document lists the various changes and edits made to this thread since it was created. Its contents are broken down by years. Some changes may not be mentioned here due to being overlooked.

February 7, 2015: Compendium moved to this thread.
February 10, 2015: New change log posted.
February 14, 2015: Updated roleplaying summary.
November 14, 2015: Updated the section of how critics regard my work.

June 16, 2016: Edited roleplay list.
December 29, 2016: Replaced several coats of arms; added new flags and air force roundel.

June 30, 2017: Edited roleplay list and posted formulary for official documents.
July 2, 2017: Edited formulary.

April 30, 2018: Edited formulary.
June 6, 2018: Removed obsolete images from guide to arms, flags, and emblems.

None.

January 20, 2020: Updated RP history.
March 30, 2020: Revamped formulary.
April 13, 2020: Updated repository of historical factbooks, updated roster of links, posted new 2020 factbook.
April 13, 2020: Vastly expanded gallery of national symbols.

None.

May 1, 2022: Updated national mascot and added air force fin flashes and official documents to gallery of national symbols.

Old Log of Changes From Previous Compendium

December 28, 2010: Compendium moved to this thread.

January 14, 2011: Factbook edited.
February 6–9, 2011: Monavian Constitution cleanup (see post no. 18).
February 15, 2011: Monavian Imperial Navy category added to armed forces post.
February 17, 2011: Log of Changes created.
February 17, 2011: Article IV of the Monavian Constitution is cleaned up.
February 17, 2011: Architecture section completed.
February 18, 2011: Typographical error in Article II corrected.
February 18, 2011: Article III, Sections 8 and 9 are cleaned up.
March 10, 2011: International Relations section of factbook updated (see post 2).
March 10, 2011: Regal titles added to Miscellaneous category of factbook.
March 24, 2011: Added “Air Force Commands” section, additional information.
March 25, 2011: Added national military leadership outline.
March 25, 2011: Updated Table of Comparative Military Ranks.
March 26, 2011: Language section of factbook updated.
March 27, 2011: Completed Comparative Table of Military Ranks.
March 27, 2011: Updated Air Force and Coast Guard organization lists.
March 30, 2011: Introduction directory updated.
March 30, 2011: Organizational Roster of the Monavian Armed Forced updated.
March 30, 2011: Administrative organization post updated.
April 13, 2011: Expanded Administrative organization post; added more information.
May 14, 2011: Typographic error corrected in the section titled “Parliament” in post 5.
May 14, 2011: General history (post 6) updated.
May 15, 2011: General history updated and expanded.
May 16, 2011: General history split into two posts for reasons of size.
May 16, 2011: Posts 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 are moved.
May 16, 2011: Post 5 (history of the Monavian political system) updated, expanded, and revised.
May 25, 2011: Military roster expanded.
June 1, 2011: Culture post (fashion and education sections) updated.
July 11, 2011: Created Miscellany post and moved some information from Factbook to Miscellany
June 6, 2011: Typographical error in culture post fixed.
June 9, 2011: Updated Factbook (languages, MNIA organization, and travel and customs restrictions) and nearly had an issue with character limits.
June 9, 2011: Internal policies post updated and internal prohibitions and restrictions section moved here from factbook to stay within character limits.
June 9, 2011: Military roster (national command structure) updated.
July 12 to 14, 2011: Created an order of battle for the Monavian Army.
July 25 to 26, 2011: Created orders of battle for the Monavian Coast Guard, Royal Guard, and National Militia.
July 25 to 26, 2011: Updated and expanded the order of battle of the Monavian Army.
August 4, 2011: Updated military roster and order of battle.
August 5, 2011: Split military roster and order of battle into two posts (blasted character limit again) and moved character biographies to miscellany.
August 21, 2011: Began work on “language” section of factbook and updated some widgets.
August 22, 2011: Updated language section of factbook.
August 22, 2011: Fixed numerous typos in several posts.
August 29, 2011: History updated and expanded.
September 2, 2011: Several posts removed and deleted.
September 2, 2011: National Militia Order of Battle expanded.
September 2, 2011: Both general history posts split so that there are now four general history posts.
September 11, 2011: “Encryption Protocols” section added to “Miscellany” post.
September 15-16, 2011: Completed Order of Battle for the Royal Guard.
November 9, 2011: Updated factbook to include administrative divisions and update trade data.
December 21, 2011: Revised and expanded History Part I.
December 21, 2011: Fixed typographical errors in History Part I and “You Know That You are a Monavian if...” posts.

January 4, 2012: Updated “Defenses of the Monavian Empire” post.
January 8-9, 2012: Updated “Defenses of the Monavian Empire” post.
February 20-22, 2012: Updated detailed military organization.
February 23, 2012: Updated detailed military organization.
February 23, 2012: Rewrote a four paragraph section of the religious history of Monavia for the second time.
February 26, 2012: Added Dramatis Personae of Monavia to “Miscellany” post
March 1-9, 2012: Edited 2012 factbook, updated culture post, added Dagora Doctrine to list of treaties, and made numerous other changes.
March 11, 2012: Updated character list.
March 29, 2012: Expanded “Defenses of the Monavian Empire” post and fixed a typo.
March 30, 2012: Updated introduction post.
March 30, 2012: Split “Defenses of the Monavian Empire” post into two posts.
March 30, 2012: Edited table in “Armed Forces of the Monavian Empire” post.
May 15, 2012: Edited factbook.
May 16, 2012: Edited factbook and transferred military preparedness protocols to “Armed Forces of the Monavian Empire” post.
May 16, 2012: Updated character roster.
June 2012: Updated factbook, completed more of the “Defenses of the Monavian Empire” post.
July 4, 2012: Updated Dramatis Personae, fixed typos in History Part III.
July 19-20, 2012: Updated “Defenses of the Monavian Empire Part II” post.
October 2012: Expanded and revised factbook.
December 2012: Added new characters to roster.
December 27, 2012: Revised “Monarchy,” “Royal Cabinet,” and “Chancellorship” sections of the “History of the political System of Monavia” post.

December 27, 2012: Renamed aforesaid post “History of the political System of the Monavian Empire.”
December 30, 2013: Replaced 2012 Factbook with 2013 Factbook.
December 30, 2013: Moved 2012 Factbook post to factbook storage thread.
December 30, 2013: Revised both content and format of introduction.
December 31, 2013: Deleted Redundant “Relations With Foreign States” post.
December 31, 2013: Tweaked format of Constitution post.

January 1, 2014: Updated “History of Monavian Political Institutions” post by removing the section on the rule of law.
January 1, 2014: Deleted old government overview.
January 1, 2014: Consolidated summary of political parties, section on the rule of law, and profiles of agencies and ministries to create a new post on the Monavian political system.
January 1, 2014: Revised “Internal Policies” post to include extensive additions and revisions.
January 1, 2014: Updated introduction post to reflect recent sets of revisions.
January 2, 2014: Reformatted History Part I and made several textual revisions.
January 2, 2014: Reformatted History Part IV and made several textual revisions.
January 13-16, 2014: Updated, revised, corrected, and expanded 2013 factbook (including fixing broken links).
January 16, 2014: Updated “Internal Policies” post to reflect recent additions elsewhere.
January 17, 2014: Added economic statistics to 2013 factbook and tweaked formatting.
January 26, 2014: Completed edits, revisions, and corrections to 2013 factbook.
February 14, 2014: Completed and expanded “A Brief Overview of the Monavian Political System.”
February 14, 2014: Updated list of roleplays.
February 18, 2014: Edited and improved the “Index of Recent Treaties” to incorporate better formatting.
February 18, 2014: Edited and improved “The Armed Forces of the Monavian Empire” to incorporate more accurate information and better formatting.
February 19, 2014: Edited Monavian order of battle (both posts).
June 25, 2014: Posted multiple rounds of edits (consolidated into a single update) to History Part I. Updates include new maps and additional prose.
July 25, 2014: Retroactively edited Constitution to more closely match historical narratives and roleplayed histories.
August 11, 2014: Updated factbook to include some 2014 numbers and data.
August 11, 2014: Updated General History Part I to include additional information.
August 11, 2014: Updated “A Brief Overview of the Monavian Political System” by adding additional political party information.
August 11, 2014: Edited the format of this log to make it more readable.
August 12, 2014: Updated “Defenses of the Monavian Empire” Parts I and II to include new information, rewrites, and so forth.
August 12, 2014: Edited the formatting of “Defenses of the Monavian Empire” Parts I and II for consistency and aesthetics.
October 13, 2014: Revised, edited, and redecorated introduction post (this includes the removal of links to individual factbook posts made before 2014).
October 14, 2014: Further revised, edited, and redecorated introduction post.
October 14, 2014: Edited legal disclaimer and proprietary information contained in introduction post.
October 15, 2014: Updated most demographic numbers in 2014 factbook and replaced a defunct image.
October 24, 2014: Updated and expanded “Defenses of the Monavian Empire” Parts I and II. Additions include chapter titles.
November 11, 2014: Retroactively edited parts of national constitution to bring them closer into line with other OOC data. These provisions were not featured much in roleplay and thus have minimal IC impact if any.
December 10, 2014: Updated History Part I to include new map and fix factual error.
December 18, 2014: Reformatted line-items in factbook, updated national motto, and removed seal (v. 2) and flag (v. 2) pending revision.

February 1, 2015: Posted new Constitution preamble that more accurately reflects the narrative presented in History Part III and other documents.
February 1, 2015: Updated “A Brief Overview of the Monavian Political System” by adding additional information on the Green Party and completely rewriting the old, prolix text of “A History of the Role of the Rule of Law.”
February 1, 2015: Revised sections of “A Historical Overview of Monavian Political Institutions” for clarity and brevity while adding in some new material.
February 1, 2015: Updated History Part I to include new content and several minor tweaks.
February 1, 2015: Added approximately 1,800 words of content to History Part II and revised the formatting.
February 1, 2015: Revised History Part III to include some minor tweaks and a few snippets of new content.
February 1, 2015: Added 400 to 500 words of new content to History Part IV and revised the formatting.
February 1, 2015: Updated Introduction post.
Last edited by The State of Monavia on Sun May 01, 2022 9:35 pm, edited 11 times in total.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: The Encyclopedic Compendium of the Monavian Empire

Postby Yohannes » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:14 am

Thank you for the telegram Monavia. Your factbook is soo lovely #2020 Image
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information