NATION

PASSWORD

Pact of Totalitarian States [Signups, Alliance, OOC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
PTS Administrator
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Pact of Totalitarian States [Signups, Alliance, OOC]

Postby PTS Administrator » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:49 am

Pact of Totalitarian States

The state knows best in the interests of its people. Such governments have proven to be longstanding. That is, until the rise of democracy. One after another, stable totalitarian regimes have been overthrown by democracies that quickly fall. Why should we stand by and watch as dictators fall? Join us, in the Pact of Totalitarian States, in our goal to maintain authoritarian and totalitarian governments, and to erase any kind of threats from radical democracy that may tear the very fabric of nations apart.

After all, we know what is best.

RPs: PTS Official Summit

Aims

• To advocate the authoritarian and totalitarian system of government.
  • To defend member-nations from insurgencies.
  • To solve conflicts through diplomatic means, and fight in wars lest peace fall on deaf ears.
  • To ensure peace and stability in our nations.
  • To promote free trade between member-nations.
  • To progress with the rule centered on one person, or on a single governing party.

Requirements

• Must have an authoritarian form of government. Absolute monarchies may also join.
  • Must be MT, PMT, or FT. FanT will be limited to some degree.
  • Must be active within the alliance.

Rules

• Abide by the NS Forum rules.
  • We are welcome to all those who wish to join, provided that they fulfill the requirements above.
  • No trolling, flaming, or spamming.
  • No godmodding in any IC threads. Ever.
  • Keep your personal problems to yourself. No one cares.
  • Anything related to the alliance such as questions? Telegram Zyphius.

Disclaimers

• This alliance does not advocate or promote the destruction of democratic nations.
  • Not all totalitarian countries oppress their citizens. Some nations throughout history, like Nazi Germany before 1937, or Soviet Russia under Khrushchev, have experienced progress.
  • This alliance will not be held responsible for any chaos that our members cause, whether IC or OOC.
  • Our views in NationStates do not reflect our personal views, and both views may change after a period of time.

Application Form

Code: Select all
[size=110][b][i]Basic Information[/i][/b][/size]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Demonym:[/b]
[b]Tech Level:[/b]
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Capital City:[/b]
[b]Head of State:[/b]
[b]Government Type:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[size=110][b][i]Military Information[/i][/b][/size]
[b]Name of Armed Forces:[/b]
[b]Head of Defense:[/b]
[b]Active Military Personnel:[/b]
[b]Reserve Military Personnel:[/b]
[b]Number of Superweapons (please specify):[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[size=110][b][i]OOC Information[/i][/b][/size]
[b]Member or Observer:[/b]
[b]Activity in RPs:[/b]
[b]Other Alliances:[/b]
[b]Reason to Join (not less than three sentences):[/b]
[b]RP Examples (direct link, provide three; if none write sample):[/b]
[b]Please state your IC or OOC concerns here, if any:[/b]

#PTS. Do not remove tag, or be rejected.

Basic Information
Nation Name: The Dominion of Zyphius
Demonym: Zyphian
Tech Level: FT
Population: 534,386,000
Capital City: Skyrift
Head of State: Supreme Potentate Kelstath Anubiros
Government Type: Totalitarianism

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: Zyphian Armed Legions
Head of Defense: Azethora Devonnash, Min. of Defense
Active Military Personnel: 6.3 million
Reserve Military Personnel: 4.7 million
Number of Superweapons (please specify): 2,400 nuclear weapons, 217 plasma bombardment cannons

OOC Information
Member or Observer: Member
Activity in RPs: Often times active
Other Alliances: None
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): PTS is a good alliance for me because of its support for totalitarianism. Hopefully this will grow. Not going to put anything else.
RP Examples (direct link, provide three; if none write sample): I'm the OP.
Please state your IC or OOC concerns here, if any: None

Once a member, put this in your sig:
[url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=327329][background=#BF0000][color=#CCCCCC][b]Pact of Totalitarian States –– We Know What is Best[/b][/color][/background][/url]
Last edited by PTS Administrator on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

PTS Administrator
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby PTS Administrator » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:50 am

Members and Observers

MEMBERS
The Dominion of Zyphius - Founder
The Union of Kavgaci
The Fatherland of Lzherusskia
The Republic of Rykzia
The Unified Progressive Republic of Ardoki
The Kingdom of Chozai

OBSERVERS
The First Empire of Aeyariss
Last edited by PTS Administrator on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

PTS Administrator
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby PTS Administrator » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:50 am

*RESERVED FOR FUTURE EDIT*

PTS Administrator
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby PTS Administrator » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:51 am

PTS Administrator
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby PTS Administrator » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:52 am

PTS Administrator
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby PTS Administrator » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:52 am

Signups are now open, nations.

Zyphius
Secretary

Founded: Mar 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:03 pm

*bump and tag*
- THE DOMINION OF ZERITHUS (Tanabiku Canon), THE ZYPHIAN REALMS (FT-Prime Canon) -
"Belanora mordanos nenaar ila mornu farlos kada."
Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair. - Archimonde
Pact of Totalitarian States –– We Know What is Best
Member of Tanabiku Galaxy

Kavgaci
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kavgaci » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:07 pm

Basic Information
Nation Name: the Union of Kavgaci
Demonym: Kavgacian
Tech Level: MT
Population: 79 million (RP)
Capital City: Koçi
Head of State: Kılavuz Kadir Üzümcü
Government Type: Single-party Üzümcüist totalitarian dictatorship

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: Kavgacian Defence Forces
Head of Defense: Kılavuz Kadir Üzümcü
Active Military Personnel: 456,000
Reserve Military Personnel: 1,246,000
Number of Superweapons (please specify): A few nukes

OOC Information
Activity in RPs: Frequent
Other Alliances: None at the moment
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): Kavgaci is a totalitarian dictatorship thatd like to see more brethren. We seek allies. We seek refuge against the demo(n)cracies.
RP Examples (direct link, provide three): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=327956
viewtopic.php?p=23224021#p23224021
viewtopic.php?p=23214248#p23214248
Please state your IC or OOC concerns here, if any: I only do MT RPs.

Turkish.

Zyphius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:42 am

Kavgaci wrote:Basic Information
Nation Name: the Union of Kavgaci
Demonym: Kavgacian
Population: 79 million (RP)
Capital City: Koçi
Head of State: Kılavuz Kadir Üzümcü
Government Type: Single-party Üzümcüist totalitarian dictatorship

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: Kavgacian Defence Forces
Head of Defense: Kılavuz Kadir Üzümcü
Active Military Personnel: 456,000
Reserve Military Personnel: 1,246,000
Number of Superweapons (please specify): A few nukes

OOC Information
Activity in RPs: Frequent
Other Alliances: None at the moment
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): Kavgaci is a totalitarian dictatorship thatd like to see more brethren. We seek allies. We seek refuge against the demo(n)cracies.
RP Examples (direct link, provide three): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=327956
viewtopic.php?p=23224021#p23224021
viewtopic.php?p=23214248#p23214248
Please state your IC or OOC concerns here, if any: I only do MT RPs.

Accepted!
- THE DOMINION OF ZERITHUS (Tanabiku Canon), THE ZYPHIAN REALMS (FT-Prime Canon) -
Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair. - Archimonde

Zyphius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:54 am

Notice: Once we hit five members, the summit thread for the PTS will be made in the future.

Rykzia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rykzia » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:17 am

Basic Information
Nation Name: The Republic of Rykzia
Demonym: Rykzian
Population: 832 million (home planet), 1.7 billion (colonies)
Capital City: Vaes Athvillar
Head of State: Pres. Russell Abrams
Government Type: Totalitarian Democracy

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: Rykzian Armed Forces
Head of Defense: Sec. Bruce Tosogar
Active Military Personnel: 4.3 million
Reserve Military Personnel: 3.6 million
Number of Superweapons (please specify): 3,965 Nuclear Warheads, 92 plasma bombardment cannons

OOC Information
Activity in RPs: Sometimes active
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): First of all, we would like to enter an alliance with other like-minded states. We believe that this alliance has intentions of showing to the world that democracy isn't needed for lasting peace and prosperity. We will fully support this endeavor.
RP Examples (direct link, provide three; if none write sample):
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=320310#p22582390
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=318498#p22814559
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=318498#p22843366
Please state your IC or OOC concerns here, if any: We demand that a ceasefire and a peace treaty be drawn with Zyphius concerning the War of Illumine.

Lzherusskia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lzherusskia » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:54 am

"So if I may, Commissar, allow me to understand your train of thought."

Jakub Burian was an unimpressive man. Standing a few inches shorter than the national average, with mousy brown hair that had resisted his attempts to style it for thirty years and counting and a tendency to gravitate towards fashion choices that made it extremely easy for people to simply overlook him, the Honoured Minister for Domestic Security certainly did not look like a man destined for high office or, for that matter, even medium office. The only thing that set him apart were his eyes - the icy blue were unsettling to begin with but, when the man was fighting his cause, they burned in a way that colour should not.

A middling student at school and an undistinguished graduate of International Security, the highest anybody expected from Jakub was that he would make a reasonable ambassador in a neighbouring nation of no particular importance. And then, at twenty-one, something happened. Maybe it was his time in national service that lit the fire under the Honoured Minister, maybe it was personal issues, maybe there was a private tragedy - nobody, not even the Commissar, knew for certain, but Jakub Burian refused to bow to public and private expectations.

By hook or by crook, he managed to get his name on a postgraduate program in one of Wraland's universities, and with that under his belt, he entered the political world with a vengeance. He had served his time in international relations, acting as the Lzher ambassador to Anollasia for three years, and parlayed everything into a position with the Ministry for International Affairs. Over the next years, the Honoured Minister earned a doctorate, spoke at tens if not hundreds of international conferences dedicated to the security of the realm, climbed the political ladder, somehow found time to marry his long-term partner Natasha and finally, more than twenty years after being mentally discarded by his teachers, his peers and even his parents, Jakub Burian was named to the Cabinet.

If the gods that Jakub had no time for believed that giving him success would choke off the fire in his belly, they would be proved hideously wrong. It was well-known that the Honoured Minister's ambitions ran higher than merely being part of a Cabinet that, at the end of the day, had no real power if their conclusions ran contrary to the wishes of the Commissar they served, and while he doubted the man had the capacity for murder, Marat Revyakin knew full well that his Honoured Minister wanted his job. It was the price he paid for having Jakub's services in the Cabinet, for the man was a true patriot and fiercely devoted to his duties.

The day's Cabinet meeting had come to conclusion and three men remained in the room. The Commissar had returned to his desk, seated comfortably in the position of power, while Jakub had eschewed the seats on the other side of the desk and remained defiantly standing. "Jakub, I always look forward to hearing your opinions. Speak your mind."

"You have had the opportunity to ally Lzherusskia with a number of power blocs and you rejected every one," the Honoured Minister began, listing them off on his fingers. "You rejected the PPDC out of disagreements with some of the member nations. You rejected the MPCP due to their right-wing nature. You rejected the CSCP for reasons I never understood at the time and still don't, but you rejected them nonetheless. I was fully in support of all of these decisions, as you must recall."

"I do." His time spent overseas had not endeared the rest of the world to Jakub, and he remained a strong devotee of the Tolkoniszt philosophy that suggested the best thing for Lzherusskia was for them to shut their doors, close their borders and become self-sufficient. If nothing else, it would ensure that Lzherusskia could get their house in order without needing to concern themselves with international terrorism.

"With that in mind, what on Earth was going through your collective heads when you decided to put the nation forward for this pact?" Jakub said, angrily shaking the small sheaf of documents in his right hand at the Commissar and the Honoured Minister for International Affairs. "You spit in the face of everybody in Atlas, all of our closest neighbours and trading partners, by rejecting their offers and instead choosing to pair with this...Uzumcu, and you do it while protests against your determined neutrality in the Atlas wars are STILL GOING ON."

"Not to mention the constant level of pro-democracy rallies," chimed in Evgeni Kurakin, sitting beside the desk, and Jakub turned on him.

"Are you pretending to be on my side now, Evgeni? Your signature is on here as well." Looking back at the Commissar, Jakub ran a hand through his hair in exasperation. "Marat, if you want me to resign, you only need ask."

"I would hope the situation has not gone that far," replied the Commissar mildly. Jakub had a tendency to be very heated when he fought his corner and the truth was that a lot of the Commissar's edicts had made life increasingly difficult for the Honoured Minister. Pro-democratic groups had existed for hundreds of years, but the proliferation of social media had seen their ability to demonstrate and make the news increase a hundredfold...along with their ability to commit attacks for their cause. Add the growing issue of Sargkisian independence, with all the protests and violence that entailed, and the recent rise of militant religious groups, and the entire Ministry for Domestic Security had seen their workload increased hugely under Commissar Revyakin's rule.

"Do you want to give me a heart attack instead?"

"No, Jakub. On the whole, I would prefer you to stay alive." Turning his computer monitor around to face Jakub, the Commissar pulled up the aims and the goals of the Pact for him to see. "Have you read the details of the Pact?"

"Of course. It is an anti-democratic alliance and short of declaring, say, the colourblind an inferior race that must be exterminated, I don't see a more efficient way of riling up the rest of the world."

The Commissar sighed. "Not quite, Jakub. The intent of the alliance is not anti-democracy but pro-totalitarianism. I do not deny this will inflame militant pro-democratic supporters, but it is not as though I have changed the tune I have been singing all the years. I have never been in favour of democracy and nor have any of my predecessors, and I personally doubt that you will see much of an increase in terrorist threats as a result of the Pact."

"The fact is, Jakub," put in Evgeni, speaking up properly for the first time, "that the Pact is not wrong. There are countless international power blocs out there who all proclaim freedom to be an essential right of some kind, and who delight in toppling dictators and installing democracies and republics to replace them, but precious few ever stop to consider what happens after the glorious overthrow of the totalitarian monsters. In most cases, those same democracies either fall or succumb to the temptations of totalitarianism themselves, and what have the people of that nation gained? A few years of faked freedom. Forgive us if we do not seem keen to sign ourselves up for that."

"But..."

"It is a matter of national sovereignty." The Commissar spoke over Jakub's attempt to rebut. It wasn't normal for him to do that, but the Pact appealed to him and his own personal quest to reclaim the word 'dictator'. It was not up for debate. "Why do we, as a totalitarian state, not have the same freedom of government as the rest of the world? When you can answer me that question, then I will consider withdrawing from the Pact. Not before. I am sorry, Jakub, but this is happening."

Jakub's eyes were narrowed and burning. A professional he may be, but the frustration was palpable. "I see. In that case, I will begin briefing my subordinates to be on high alert in the next months. I would recommend you raise the OSS level commensurately. Good day, Commissar."

Basic Information
Nation Name: The Fatherland of Lzherusskia
Demonym: Lzher
Tech Level: Modern with trace elements of Post-Modern
Population: RP - 212 million
Capital City: Smyslova
Head of State: Commissar Marat Revyakin
Government Type: Military-backed dictatorship

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: The Lzher Armed Forces
Head of Defense: The Honoured Minister for Defense, General Taman Siyanovich
Active Military Personnel: Approximately a million
Reserve Military Personnel: Approximately a million
Number of Superweapons (please specify): Officially, none

OOC Information
Activity in RPs: Involved in the IESP. Besides that, none.
Other Alliances: Currently, none.
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): You'll be able to see my roleplaying is of a high standard, and I'd like totalitarian states to ally with because it fits the profile of the nation and the character of the Commissar. Read the second link below and you'll get a reasonable idea of the Commissar's background - in short, he's a dictator convinced that dictatorship is the best thing for the nation and determined to reclaim the word 'dictator' from the legions of fools who believe absolute power is a license to commit genocide, use the nation's treasury as their own piggy bank and generally cripple the nation that raised them to power. This means that while he wishes the nation to join the Pact, he will not stand for having to ally with nations whose dictators are power-mad lunatics.
RP Examples (direct link, provide three; if none write sample): One, sporting. Two, political. Three, somewhat political.
Please state your IC or OOC concerns here, if any:

Last edited by Lzherusskia on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zyphius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Rykzia wrote:Basic Information
Nation Name: The Republic of Rykzia
Demonym: Rykzian
Population: 832 million (home planet), 1.7 billion (colonies)
Capital City: Vaes Athvillar
Head of State: Pres. Russell Abrams
Government Type: Totalitarian Democracy

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: Rykzian Armed Forces
Head of Defense: Sec. Bruce Tosogar
Active Military Personnel: 4.3 million
Reserve Military Personnel: 3.6 million
Number of Superweapons (please specify): 3,965 Nuclear Warheads, 92 plasma bombardment cannons

OOC Information
Activity in RPs: Sometimes active
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): First of all, we would like to enter an alliance with other like-minded states. We believe that this alliance has intentions of showing to the world that democracy isn't needed for lasting peace and prosperity. We will fully support this endeavor.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=320310#p22582390
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=318498#p22814559
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=318498#p22843366
Please state your IC or OOC concerns here, if any: We demand that a ceasefire and a peace treaty be drawn with Zyphius concerning the War of Illumine.

Lzherusskia wrote:"So if I may, Commissar, allow me to understand your train of thought."

Jakub Burian was an unimpressive man. Standing a few inches shorter than the national average, with mousy brown hair that had resisted his attempts to style it for thirty years and counting and a tendency to gravitate towards fashion choices that made it extremely easy for people to simply overlook him, the Honoured Minister for Domestic Security certainly did not look like a man destined for high office or, for that matter, even medium office. The only thing that set him apart were his eyes - the icy blue were unsettling to begin with but, when the man was fighting his cause, they burned in a way that colour should not.

A middling student at school and an undistinguished graduate of International Security, the highest anybody expected from Jakub was that he would make a reasonable ambassador in a neighbouring nation of no particular importance. And then, at twenty-one, something happened. Maybe it was his time in national service that lit the fire under the Honoured Minister, maybe it was personal issues, maybe there was a private tragedy - nobody, not even the Commissar, knew for certain, but Jakub Burian refused to bow to public and private expectations.

By hook or by crook, he managed to get his name on a postgraduate program in one of Wraland's universities, and with that under his belt, he entered the political world with a vengeance. He had served his time in international relations, acting as the Lzher ambassador to Anollasia for three years, and parlayed everything into a position with the Ministry for International Affairs. Over the next years, the Honoured Minister earned a doctorate, spoke at tens if not hundreds of international conferences dedicated to the security of the realm, climbed the political ladder, somehow found time to marry his long-term partner Natasha and finally, more than twenty years after being mentally discarded by his teachers, his peers and even his parents, Jakub Burian was named to the Cabinet.

If the gods that Jakub had no time for believed that giving him success would choke off the fire in his belly, they would be proved hideously wrong. It was well-known that the Honoured Minister's ambitions ran higher than merely being part of a Cabinet that, at the end of the day, had no real power if their conclusions ran contrary to the wishes of the Commissar they served, and while he doubted the man had the capacity for murder, Marat Revyakin knew full well that his Honoured Minister wanted his job. It was the price he paid for having Jakub's services in the Cabinet, for the man was a true patriot and fiercely devoted to his duties.

The day's Cabinet meeting had come to conclusion and three men remained in the room. The Commissar had returned to his desk, seated comfortably in the position of power, while Jakub had eschewed the seats on the other side of the desk and remained defiantly standing. "Jakub, I always look forward to hearing your opinions. Speak your mind."

"You have had the opportunity to ally Lzherusskia with a number of power blocs and you rejected every one," the Honoured Minister began, listing them off on his fingers. "You rejected the PPDC out of disagreements with some of the member nations. You rejected the MPCP due to their right-wing nature. You rejected the CSCP for reasons I never understood at the time and still don't, but you rejected them nonetheless. I was fully in support of all of these decisions, as you must recall."

"I do." His time spent overseas had not endeared the rest of the world to Jakub, and he remained a strong devotee of the Tolkoniszt philosophy that suggested the best thing for Lzherusskia was for them to shut their doors, close their borders and become self-sufficient. If nothing else, it would ensure that Lzherusskia could get their house in order without needing to concern themselves with international terrorism.

"With that in mind, what on Earth was going through your collective heads when you decided to put the nation forward for this pact?" Jakub said, angrily shaking the small sheaf of documents in his right hand at the Commissar and the Honoured Minister for International Affairs. "You spit in the face of everybody in Atlas, all of our closest neighbours and trading partners, by rejecting their offers and instead choosing to pair with this...Uzumcu, and you do it while protests against your determined neutrality in the Atlas wars are STILL GOING ON."

"Not to mention the constant level of pro-democracy rallies," chimed in Evgeni Kurakin, sitting beside the desk, and Jakub turned on him.

"Are you pretending to be on my side now, Evgeni? Your signature is on here as well." Looking back at the Commissar, Jakub ran a hand through his hair in exasperation. "Marat, if you want me to resign, you only need ask."

"I would hope the situation has not gone that far," replied the Commissar mildly. Jakub had a tendency to be very heated when he fought his corner and the truth was that a lot of the Commissar's edicts had made life increasingly difficult for the Honoured Minister. Pro-democratic groups had existed for hundreds of years, but the proliferation of social media had seen their ability to demonstrate and make the news increase a hundredfold...along with their ability to commit attacks for their cause. Add the growing issue of Sargkisian independence, with all the protests and violence that entailed, and the recent rise of militant religious groups, and the entire Ministry for Domestic Security had seen their workload increased hugely under Commissar Revyakin's rule.

"Do you want to give me a heart attack instead?"

"No, Jakub. On the whole, I would prefer you to stay alive." Turning his computer monitor around to face Jakub, the Commissar pulled up the aims and the goals of the Pact for him to see. "Have you read the details of the Pact?"

"Of course. It is an anti-democratic alliance and short of declaring, say, the colourblind an inferior race that must be exterminated, I don't see a more efficient way of riling up the rest of the world."

The Commissar sighed. "Not quite, Jakub. The intent of the alliance is not anti-democracy but pro-totalitarianism. I do not deny this will inflame militant pro-democratic supporters, but it is not as though I have changed the tune I have been singing all the years. I have never been in favour of democracy and nor have any of my predecessors, and I personally doubt that you will see much of an increase in terrorist threats as a result of the Pact."

"The fact is, Jakub," put in Evgeni, speaking up properly for the first time, "that the Pact is not wrong. There are countless international power blocs out there who all proclaim freedom to be an essential right of some kind, and who delight in toppling dictators and installing democracies and republics to replace them, but precious few ever stop to consider what happens after the glorious overthrow of the totalitarian monsters. In most cases, those same democracies either fall or succumb to the temptations of totalitarianism themselves, and what have the people of that nation gained? A few years of faked freedom. Forgive us if we do not seem keen to sign ourselves up for that."

"But..."

"It is a matter of national sovereignty." The Commissar spoke over Jakub's attempt to rebut. It wasn't normal for him to do that, but the Pact appealed to him and his own personal quest to reclaim the word 'dictator'. It was not up for debate. "Why do we, as a totalitarian state, not have the same freedom of government as the rest of the world? When you can answer me that question, then I will consider withdrawing from the Pact. Not before. I am sorry, Jakub, but this is happening."

Jakub's eyes were narrowed and burning. A professional he may be, but the frustration was palpable. "I see. In that case, I will begin briefing my subordinates to be on high alert in the next months. I would recommend you raise the OSS level commensurately. Good day, Commissar."

Basic Information
Nation Name: The Fatherland of Lzherusskia
Demonym: Lzher
Tech Level: Modern with trace elements of Post-Modern
Population: RP - 212 million
Capital City: Smyslova
Head of State: Commissar Marat Revyakin
Government Type: Military-backed dictatorship

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: The Lzher Armed Forces
Head of Defense: The Honoured Minister for Defense, General Taman Siyanovich
Active Military Personnel: Approximately a million
Reserve Military Personnel: Approximately a million
Number of Superweapons (please specify): Officially, none

OOC Information
Activity in RPs: Involved in the IESP. Besides that, none.
Other Alliances: Currently, none.
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): You'll be able to see my roleplaying is of a high standard, and I'd like totalitarian states to ally with because it fits the profile of the nation and the character of the Commissar. Read the second link below and you'll get a reasonable idea of the Commissar's background - in short, he's a dictator convinced that dictatorship is the best thing for the nation and determined to reclaim the word 'dictator' from the legions of fools who believe absolute power is a license to commit genocide, use the nation's treasury as their own piggy bank and generally cripple the nation that raised them to power. This means that while he wishes the nation to join the Pact, he will not stand for having to ally with nations whose dictators are power-mad lunatics.
RP Examples (direct link, provide three; if none write sample): One, sporting. Two, political. Three, somewhat political.

Accepted!

Zyphius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:34 pm

*bump*

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:16 pm

"For Progress and the Greater Good, Always!"

Ministry of the Exterior

Unified Progressive Republic of Ardoki

To: The Pact of Totalitarian States
Subject: Membership Application of the Unified Progressive Republic of Ardoki
Urgency: High
Encryption: High
Decryption: 86Gyc784Vy0P

To whom it may concern,

The Politburo of the Central Committee of the Progressive Socialist Labour Party of Ardoki, has decided in a unanimous decision to apply for membership in your brilliant alliance. The Unified Progressive Republic has much to offer to you, our military is of only the highest level of sophistication and advancement and our arms manufacturing sector produces some of the finest equipment and weapons in the entire world. We also have vast financial resources to contribute to this alliance and what it stands for in addition to our scientific knowledge.

As a totalitarian state, Ardoki acknowledges the flaws in democracy and simple authoritarianism. Instead, totalitarianism is the perfect system to unite all of society in the eternal march of progress and advancement. Yet countries with greater levels of political freedom always oppose and criticise us. They even attack us sometimes. Irrespective of the stability, prosperity and progress we have brought our citizens. This alliance gives a defender and representative body of totalitarian regimes, and we would be proud to become a part of it.

Our membership application is located below. Thank you for your consideration.

Basic Information
Nation Name: Unified Progressive Republic of Ardoki
Demonym: Ardokian
Tech Level: Modern Tech
Population: 2.983 Billion
Capital City: Ardea, Ardokian Capital District
Head of State: President Alastaire Moriarty (also General Secretary of the Progressive Socialist Labour Party)
Government Type: Progressive Socialist Single-Party State

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: National Ardokian Defence Forces
Head of Defense: Minister of Defence Éimhín Ormond
Active Military Personnel: 5 Million
Reserve Military Personnel: 5 Million
Number of Superweapons (please specify): Over 50 000 active nuclear warheads, and vast amounts of chemical and biological weapons.

OOC Information
Member or Observer: Observer
Activity in RPs: Yes, I would gladly join when possible.
Other Alliances: Pan-Celtic Union
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): As a totalitarian state, Ardoki is often accused of being evil and heavily oppressing its citizens. While they lack many political freedoms, they are not abused by the state, which only wants the best for them. The Progressive Socialist Labour Party, only wants to ensure their prosperity, equality and freedom. And has resorted to totalitarianism in order to make this utopian vision a reality. While others condemn Ardoki for breaching whatever freedoms they claim are natural rights, the people of Ardoki prosper economically and have generous liberal social freedoms. The people are happy, ruled by a party which wants the best for them.

Ardoki has some allies, like Cedoria, however many oppose it. Other totalitarian nations face much the same situation. Marginalised by corrupt, and greedy foreign countries who care little for our citizens. Perhaps, totalitarian countries can unite, work together, change the worlds opinion of them, and improve our countries and our citizens lives.

RP Examples (direct link, provide three; if none write sample): Here is one.

Long live the Progressive Revolution, the Unified Progressive Republic, the Progressive Socialist Labour Party, and Progressive Socialism!

With kind regards,
Ríona Obrien
Minister of the Exterior
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Zyphius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:49 am

Ardoki wrote:
(Image)

"For Progress and the Greater Good, Always!"

Ministry of the Exterior

To: The Pact of Totalitarian States
Subject: Membership Application of the Unified Progressive Republic of Ardoki
Urgency: High
Encryption: High
Decryption: 86Gyc784Vy0P

To whom it may concern,

The Politburo of the Central Committee of the Progressive Socialist Labour Party of Ardoki, has decided in a unanimous decision to apply for membership in your brilliant alliance. The Unified Progressive Republic has much to offer to you, our military is of only the highest level of sophistication and advancement and our arms manufacturing sector produces some of the finest equipment and weapons in the entire world. We also have vast financial resources to contribute to this alliance and what it stands for in addition to our scientific knowledge.

As a totalitarian state, Ardoki acknowledges the flaws in democracy and simple authoritarianism. Instead, totalitarianism is the perfect system to unite all of society in the eternal march of progress and advancement. Yet countries with greater levels of political freedom always oppose and criticise us. They even attack us sometimes. Irrespective of the stability, prosperity and progress we have brought our citizens. This alliance gives a defender and representative body of totalitarian regimes, and we would be proud to become a part of it.

Our membership application is located below. Thank you for your consideration.

Basic Information
Nation Name: Unified Progressive Republic of Ardoki
Demonym: Ardokian
Tech Level: Modern Tech
Population: 2.983 Billion
Capital City: Ardea, Ardokian Capital District
Head of State: President Alastaire Moriarty (also General Secretary of the Progressive Socialist Labour Party)
Government Type: Progressive Socialist Single-Party State

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: National Ardokian Defence Forces
Head of Defense: Minister of Defence Éimhín Ormond
Active Military Personnel: 5 Million
Reserve Military Personnel: 5 Million
Number of Superweapons (please specify): Over 50 000 active nuclear warheads, and vast amounts of chemical and biological weapons.

OOC Information
Activity in RPs: Yes, I would gladly join when possible.
Other Alliances: Pan-Celtic Union
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): As a totalitarian state, Ardoki is often accused of being evil and heavily oppressing its citizens. While they lack many political freedoms, they are not abused by the state, which only wants the best for them. The Progressive Socialist Labour Party, only wants to ensure their prosperity, equality and freedom. And has resorted to totalitarianism in order to make this utopian vision a reality. While others condemn Ardoki for breaching whatever freedoms they claim are natural rights, the people of Ardoki prosper economically and have generous liberal social freedoms. The people are happy, ruled by a party which wants the best for them.

Ardoki has some allies, like Cedoria, however many oppose it. Other totalitarian nations face much the same situation. Marginalised by corrupt, and greedy foreign countries who care little for our citizens. Perhaps, totalitarian countries can unite, work together, change the worlds opinion of them, and improve our countries and our citizens lives.

RP Examples (direct link, provide three; if none write sample): Here is one.

Long live the Progressive Revolution, the Unified Progressive Republic, the Progressive Socialist Labour Party, and Progressive Socialism!

With kind regards,
(Image)
Ríona Obrien
Minister of the Exterior

Accepted!

Note to all: Now that we have five members, expect a summit thread to be made soon. I will TG you the link once it is up.

Zyphius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Bump.

Rykzia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rykzia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Hey Zyphius, how's this for a sig?

[url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=327329][background=#BF0000][color=#400000][b]Pact of Totalitarian States –– We Know What is Best[/b][/color][/background][/url]

Chozai
Attaché

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chozai » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:25 pm

Basic Information
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Chozai
Demonym: Chozan
Population: 915 million
Capital City: Jingzu
Head of State: His Divinity the Golden Lion Emperor, Sheng-tsu
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: The Jade Standard Army
Head of Defense: Chancellor Kong Ming
Active Military Personnel: 835,567 personnel
Reserve Military Personnel: 3,459,207 personnel
Number of Superweapons (please specify): None

OOC Information
Activity in RPs: Wanting to be more active
Other Alliances: Member of the Monarchist Federation
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): In any modern society it is difficult to control the flow of ideas within even the most secure state. Dangerous ideologies threaten the security of all Chozan citizens, should they become widespread, and it is the government's duty to protect them from this. This alliance will hopefully provide support for the execution of this task, and encourage other nations to work towards the same end of security and prosperity for all.
  1. The Inquisition (FT)
  2. Cause for War
These are from an old nation of mine. I can post or TG from that account to confirm it is me, if that is required.
Please state your IC or OOC concerns here, if any: To what degree does "ensure peace and stability in our nations" infringe on national sovereignty, if at all? Will the alliance have any direct say in the operation of my nation?

Department of International Harmony
Embassy Program

If even we don't understand our tactics, how can the enemy hope to?

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:08 am

Basic Information
Nation Name: First Empire of Aeyariss
Demonym: Aeyariss
Population: 258 million
Capital City: Archangel City
Head of State: His Majesty Emperor Raizen dai Shivarii
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy with unicameral parliamentary technocracy

Military Information
Name of Armed Forces: Aeyariss Imperial Armed Forces
Head of Defense: Prince Raiga dai Shivarii
Active Military Personnel: 1.8 million
Reserve Military Personnel: 5 million
Number of Superweapons (please specify): 8,000x ICBM

OOC Information
Activity in RPs: Link
Other Alliances: SACTO
Reason to Join (not less than three sentences): To observe and create opportunity for close cooperations.
RP Examples: Link
Please state your IC or OOC concerns here, if any: PTS came under attack by other alliances before it can rise up to fame. That PTS came into conflict with SACTO interest or into conflict. Other than that, perhaps some form of cooperation with SACTO? If not, a simple wargames between this country and members of the PTS?

Last edited by Aeyariss on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Zyphius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 am

Chozai, accepted. The PTS will not have a say in the internal workings of your nation, unless it may involve crimes against humanity.

Aeyariss, accepted as observer. What do you mean by other alliances are attacking us? Other than that, I would be glad to have some form of cooperation with SACTO, provided that you tell us what areas of cooperation are we talking about here.

Rykzia, nice.
Last edited by Zyphius on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chozai
Attaché

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chozai » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:14 pm

I would like to resign from this Pact of Totalitarian States, effective immediately.
Last edited by Chozai on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Department of International Harmony
Embassy Program

If even we don't understand our tactics, how can the enemy hope to?

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:26 pm

I must also resign from this alliance then as well.

SACTO has banned me from being in any alliance which has links to SACTO or has a SACTO member in it. They don't like communists (not that Ardoki is communist, but try telling them that).

Sorry.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Zyphius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:38 pm

Noted. Just to be official we don't take sides on the pro-anti communist spectrum.

Zyphius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyphius » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:02 am

Alright, roll call to see if the remaining members are still here.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates