NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic State Crisis Megathread (ISIS/ISIL/IS)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:24 pm

The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Bulgar Rouge wrote:
Morals are the worst excuse not to eliminate a group like this...We're already at their level by allowing them to do what they want.

So by not charging cock first into a volatile, unfriendly region and committing heinous war crimes and human rights atrocities, we've sunk to the level of war criminals and those who commit human rights atrocities?

That's some fine logic you've got there.

*jerkoff motions*

You're getting a little too fond of the jerkoff motions. It's not attractive. Knock it off.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:34 pm

The Nuclear Fist wrote:So by not charging cock first into a volatile, unfriendly region

Already did that, and the result is this. This is rock-bottom and can't get any worse if someone intervenes, tbh.

and committing heinous war crimes

Yawn.

and human rights atrocities

Human rights are a just a bunch of lines written on a piece of paper by a few dozen intellectuals who thought the world could be better. Those who supposedly care about them are those who do least to defend them, exactly because of the mindset you've just demonstrated.

we've sunk to the level of war criminals and those who commit human rights atrocities?

War is always a dirty business and those who want to stay saints can just stay home. Sometimes systematic eradication is necessary to save lives.

If Al-Baghdadi was executed and not released from prison a few years ago, this pilot would've been alive, 900 members of the Shtaytat tribe would've been alive, 1,500 Iraqi Air Force cadets would've graduated and made their families proud, and thousands more would've had a chance. If that would be the result of several "war crimes", yes please. I'll have more of them.

That's some fine logic you've got there.

*jerkoff motions*

Why thank you.
Last edited by Bulgar Rouge on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Napkiraly wrote:Moaz al-Kasasbeh, the Jordanian pilot captured by ISIS has apparently been burned alive.

My condolences to his family and other loved ones, this is absolutely horrific.

Those S.O.B.s. I was hoping he would make it out. I bet his last thoughts were "Damn it. If I hadn't chosen that one plane..."

But seriously. That was dickish, and it seriously disadvantages both ISIS and Jordan. Should ISIS keep this up, the Middle Eastern nations shall soon be letting them burn in hell. It seems they are literally trying to turn the world on them.

May Kasaesbeh rest in peace. Je Suis Kasaesbeh.
Last edited by New Jordslag on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:47 pm

With this most recent killing, it is time for the coalitions (+ Turkey) to act with ground forces to put a stop to ISIS once and for all. They cannot fight in the open, and will lose ground quickly if Turkey and Iraqi-(and, hopefully Iraq would let them move ground forces in)-Jordanian ground offensive came in on both sides, plus the Kurds closing in from a third.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:50 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:With this most recent killing, it is time for the coalitions (+ Turkey) to act with ground forces to put a stop to ISIS once and for all. They cannot fight in the open, and will lose ground quickly if Turkey and Iraqi-(and, hopefully Iraq would let them move ground forces in)-Jordanian ground offensive came in on both sides, plus the Kurds closing in from a third.

But doesn't Turkey support Islamist Groups?
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:58 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:
I'm well aware of the interpretations of Islam and all, but I can't help but think some may be in it for less than pious reasons.

Some may be but to say they all are or that even a majority are is stretching things. Certainly without evidence it is.

Heh. Serves me right for just randomly indulging in cynicism.

All in all, whatever motivates them ought to be combated accordingly. I mean, it's not enough to defeat ISIS when the thing that creates them still exists, right?

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:25 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:With this most recent killing, it is time for the coalitions (+ Turkey) to act with ground forces to put a stop to ISIS once and for all. They cannot fight in the open, and will lose ground quickly if Turkey and Iraqi-(and, hopefully Iraq would let them move ground forces in)-Jordanian ground offensive came in on both sides, plus the Kurds closing in from a third.

Yeah, that doesn't mean we can't say they are obligated not to.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:27 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:But doesn't Turkey support Islamist Groups?

What with invading Cyprus, suppressing religions, and blatantly supporting ISIS, I doubt Turkey cares about Obligations.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:30 pm

New Jordslag wrote:

Not overtly. Perhaps when the tanks storm through Iraq, they can continue to Ankara....
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

United Russian Soviet States
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian Soviet States » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Will Jordan blitz ISIS?
This nation does not represent my views.
I stand with Rand.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
:Member of the United National Group:

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:58 pm

United Russian Soviet States wrote:Will Jordan blitz ISIS?

I wonder how long that'll take to be put into motion.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Vancon wrote:
United Russian Soviet States wrote:Will Jordan blitz ISIS?

I wonder how long that'll take to be put into motion.

Now we aren't even wondering if Jordan will put boots on the ground, but when. Splendid job, ISIS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:09 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:But doesn't Turkey support Islamist Groups?

Give it time. IS will probably kill some Turk captives just to say "You're Not The Boss of Me!" and even Erdogan will have to join the Orient Express Conga on IS.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Gauthier wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Yeah, that doesn't mean we can't say they are obligated not to.

Give it time. IS will probably kill some Turk captives just to say "You're Not The Boss of Me!" and even Erdogan will have to join the Orient Express Conga on IS.

This should legit be the name of the coalition.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

This should legit be the name of the coalition.

Why? What does Orient Express Conga mean?
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:21 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:This should legit be the name of the coalition.

It doesn't have to mean anything if it's awesome.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Why? What does Orient Express Conga mean?

Might as well call ISIS the "Gaggle of Douchebags".

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Why? What does Orient Express Conga mean?

Ah, I see. Then how about El Psy Kongroo coalition?

A cookie to anybody who gets the reference.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:23 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:EDIT, it appears the execution of the pilot happened WEEKS ago. So IS never had any intention to swap.

Make it a full month actually.

Wow. And still pretending you are willing to swap the whole time..

Probably thought they could trick the Jordanians into releasing the terrorist in a knee-jerk rather than demand for evidence of the pilot's wellbeing (or lack thereof) to the bitter end. Condolences to Kasasbeh's family.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:25 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:It doesn't have to mean anything if it's awesome.

Ah, I see. Then how about El Psy Kongroo coalition?

Okabe Rintarou?

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:25 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:This should legit be the name of the coalition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_on_the_Orient_Express
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:26 pm

The balkens wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:It doesn't have to mean anything if it's awesome.

That'd be an insult to douchebags, come on now.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
Make it a full month actually.

Wow. And still pretending you are willing to swap the whole time..

Probably thought they could trick the Jordanians into releasing the terrorist in a knee-jerk rather than demand for evidence of the pilot's wellbeing (or lack thereof) to the bitter end. Condolences to Kasasbeh's family.

I believe they were trying to get the Jordanians to give in, to embarrass them. It backfired. Badly. Jordan is the last nation ISIS needs messing with it, what with Jordan's somewhat-friendly relations with Israel and well-disciplined Armed Forces. And god knows Jordanian Civilians are now going to go form a militia to fight ISIS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
The balkens wrote:

That'd be an insult to douchebags, come on now.

Yeah. Comparing Douchebags to ISIS is just mean. To the Douchebags.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Ah, I see. Then how about El Psy Kongroo coalition?

Okabe Rintarou?

You watch Steins;Gate then. Great show.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General