NATION

PASSWORD

The NS Infantry Discussion Thread, L5A1

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who's going to OP IDT VI?

Archangel Conglomerate
3%
Spreewerke
6%
Kouralia
4%
Puzikas
4%
Sevvania
4%
Nirvash
2%
Nua Corda
35%
Imperializt Russia/Samozaryadnistan
9%
Padnak
34%

Total votes : 141

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Bezombia wrote:Because sideloading from a bullpup is literally the most non-ambidextrous idea in the universe.

Would the FG-42 count as a bullpup?

Would the FG-42 count as ambidextrous?
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Purpelia wrote:For example, look at this picture from Wikipedia of the FAMAS. Notice how if you stuck a magazine where the ejection port was and had forward ejection you'd be perfectly fine. Same goes for the L85

Not if you were firing from the other shoulder.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Your average infantryman isn't likely going to have a saw somewhere nearby. A Sapper will.

These things were mostly issued to pioneers, MG troops and such that needed to do field work but were not expected to actually go and chop down trees. And for such light work I imagine a hand saw (which this effectively is) would prove more effective than something larger.

They wouldn't. Sawbacks are generally seen as useless crap. A cheap but dedicated hand saw would do a better job than an expensive knife with a sawback. A saw has to be thin, a utility knife has to be not thin. Knives and saws do not go together.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:00 pm

that and GIs did some kind of executions or something on people with saw back blades supposedly. I don't know if its true or to what extent but its kind of interesting.

That and sawback fun
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:01 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:For example, look at this picture from Wikipedia of the FAMAS. Notice how if you stuck a magazine where the ejection port was and had forward ejection you'd be perfectly fine. Same goes for the L85

Not if you were firing from the other shoulder.

So don't. I am sure you can find one guy in your squad of 10 who happens to be properly handed to handle your SAW. And besides with a forward ejection weapon it would be relatively easy to include two magazine wells and just have a simple cutoff.

Also, as far as magazines go I am imagining something like the MP-18 drums.

Puzikas wrote:that and GIs did some kind of executions or something on people with saw back blades supposedly. I don't know if its true or to what extent but its kind of interesting.

That and sawback fun

What's your input on my SAW idea?
Last edited by Purpelia on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Sevvania wrote:Would the FG-42 count as a bullpup?

Would the FG-42 count as ambidextrous?

I derp'd and read "ambidextrous" as "ergonomic".
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:07 pm

Either way, ambidexterity is an issue with all bullpups so unless my setup would be worse than the others we should not really stick to that one thing.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:08 pm

Puzikas wrote:that and GIs did some kind of executions or something on people with saw back blades supposedly. I don't know if its true or to what extent but its kind of interesting.

That and sawback fun

Still cause cleaner cuts than ISIS smooth blades.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:13 pm

I think Purp has made an excellent argument for conventional formatted riles as IARs.

Fordorsia wrote:

That and sawback fun

Still cause cleaner cuts than ISIS smooth blades.

That joke was so dark It has to smile to bee seen at night.

Goodbye.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:13 pm

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark It has to smile to bee seen at night.

joke so dark it could pick cotton

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Open mic night at the IDT.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Puzikas wrote:I think Purp has made an excellent argument for conventional formatted riles as IARs.

Problem is I don't have any conventional rifles in 5.5 Purpelian. And yes that is the new designation of that insane 5.45x39mm bullet inside a 7.5x42mm case. Also, I trimmed the case down a bit, same velocity though.

Still, aside from ambidexterity, or rather lack there off what major issue can you people identify with a side loading - forward eject bullpup SAW?
Last edited by Purpelia on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark It has to smile to bee seen at night.

Although 7.92x57mm IS is a full-sized round, I believe that that was only 3/5ths of a joke.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Whilst you guys answer the last one here is a quick Q. Assume I have a firearm and am shooting it. After a while I get a "failure to fire". As in the round is chambered, I press the trigger but all I get is a click. So I cycle the firearm, eject the seemingly pristine bullet and keep going. Is it safe for me to take that bullet and load it into a firearm again?

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

Although 7.92x57mm IS is a full-sized round, I believe that that was only 3/5ths of a joke.

This back and forth is just too much. I think we should come to a

*puffs cigar*

compromise.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Purpelia wrote:Whilst you guys answer the last one here is a quick Q. Assume I have a firearm and am shooting it. After a while I get a "failure to fire". As in the round is chambered, I press the trigger but all I get is a click. So I cycle the firearm, eject the seemingly pristine bullet and keep going. Is it safe for me to take that bullet and load it into a firearm again?

I have done this with my surplus 7.92x57mm IS before since it is finnicky. It is best to wait a white to ensure it is not a hangfire, however. Last thing you want happening while you're picking up a dud cartridge is for it to ignite. What I usually do with my Mauser when it does that, though, is just bring the charging handle up and then put it back down (cock-on-open: suck it Brittuns, Swedes) and pull the trigger again. Usually goes off the second time. If it doesn't fire a second time, I consider it a complete dud round.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:I think Purp has made an excellent argument for conventional formatted riles as IARs.

Problem is I don't have any conventional rifles in 5.5 Purpelian. And yes that is the new designation of that insane 5.45x39mm bullet inside a 7.5x42mm case. Also, I trimmed the case down a bit, same velocity though.

Still, aside from ambidexterity, or rather lack there off what major issue can you people identify with a side loading - forward eject bullpup SAW?

the shift in the center of gravity has me actually laughing at how hilariously unbalanced it would be.

Fordorsia wrote:Open mic night at the IDT.

Ill have you know I consider myself hilarious for a Russian.

Spreewerke wrote:I have done this with my surplus 7.92x57mm IS before since it is finnicky.

this is the first post you've ,made about this that makes sense in awhile.

I dont like it.

also COO strong.

Goodbye.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Puzikas wrote:the shift in the center of gravity has me actually laughing at how hilariously unbalanced it would be.

Would that really be so much of a problem for something that's just meant to fire on full auto and suppress the enemy? I figure a SAW is not meant to be used as a rifle to actually aim at stuff. You just sort of Rambo it.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:27 pm

yes you aim the LMG. good god man

Goodbye.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Puzikas wrote:yes you aim the LMG. good god man

You aim the LMG. But I always figured a SAW was sort of a gun that's not really a LMG but something you give to a guy in a squad that already has a LMG but for some unexplainable reason needs another one but can't be bothered to have another full machine gun team. Come to think of it, I am not quite sure what the point of a SAW is anyway. I'd just stick to a full powered cartridge LMG team.

... I just realized that I don't really know why anyone would want one.
Last edited by Purpelia on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:31 pm

NO YOU DON'T, RETARD.

LIGHT MACHINEGATS ARE FIRED AND AIMED WITH ONLY TRACERS. THIS IS WHY WE REMOVE IRON SIGHTS AND OPTICS FROM ALL OF OUR MACHINEGUNS: OUNCES ARE POUNDS, AND POUNDS ARE PAIN. JUST LIKE 7.92X57MM IS RECOIL IF ARE MANBITCH.

EDIT TO ADD: THE PURPOSE OF A SAW IS LITERALLY DEFINED AND OUTLINED IN THE TERM ITSELF.
Last edited by Spreewerke on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:the shift in the center of gravity has me actually laughing at how hilariously unbalanced it would be.

Would that really be so much of a problem for something that's just meant to fire on full auto and suppress the enemy? I figure a SAW is not meant to be used as a rifle to actually aim at stuff. You just sort of Rambo it.

This is what happens when you rambo

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Purpelia wrote:

relevant:

Mick Swagger wrote:ohbabyatripple.avi

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Spreewerke wrote:EDIT TO ADD: THE PURPOSE OF A SAW IS LITERALLY DEFINED AND OUTLINED IN THE TERM ITSELF.

Yea but the squad already has automatic weapons. All of them. At least if you ain't 70's british with their not-FAL's. And you have a LMG to suppress and stuff.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Spreewerke wrote:

NO YOU DON'T, RETARD.

LIGHT MACHINEGATS ARE FIRED AND AIMED WITH ONLY TRACERS. THIS IS WHY WE REMOVE IRON SIGHTS AND OPTICS FROM ALL OF OUR MACHINEGUNS: OUNCES ARE POUNDS, AND POUNDS ARE PAIN. JUST LIKE 7.92X57MM IS RECOIL IF ARE MANBITCH.

EDIT TO ADD: THE PURPOSE OF A SAW IS LITERALLY DEFINED AND OUTLINED IN THE TERM ITSELF.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information