NATION

PASSWORD

To Fell an Empire 3.0 [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

To Fell an Empire 3.0 [IC]

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:24 pm

To Fell an Empire 3.0 IC

Orius Rahtis was dead. His death had been inglorious, most unbecoming of an Emperor, especially that of all Pandyssium. The Imperial Magistratium had attempted to keep his death by riding off a cliff while hawking quiet, but the stable boys and falconers soon spread the tale to the cooks, and it soon reached the ears of every man, woman, and child of Pandyssium. Orius Rahtis laid in his final rest at the Shimmering Palace, in the capital, clad in radiant golden plate armor, with his sword clasped in his arms, guarded by 5 of the Emperor's Blades. But the talk in taverns soon turns to the Imperial Throne. It lies empty, as Orius had no true heir, only Cassyndra, a not legitimized child and 2 small children. The Empire of Augrilac, across the sea to the West, has always craved to rule Pandyssium. And now, when they hear of no Emperor upon the Throne, they will board their ships and bring death and destruction to all, while the Houses squabble for power.

Caer Aard, Imperial Hearthlands

The heads of every House in Pandyssium had arrived. Letters had been sent out, and all of them came, to Caer Aard. It was a small place outdoors, with a circle of 100 large stone chairs, tables for each chair and 500 smaller chairs behind. Also, a large pavilion was hoisted above the place, to protect against the elements. As all the nobles sat down, and were all accounted for, the Imperial Magistratium strode in, led by the Lord High Steward, Duke Belrond Garcius Tellegara.

The Duke stood and began his address,

"Greetings, lords and ladies of Pandyssium. I shall waste no words here. Emperor Orius is dead. There is no clear heir, and that, is why you have been called to the first Caer Aard Gathering in 300 years. The sons and daughters of the late Emperor are also in attendance, " said Belrond, motioning to Cassyndra and two small children. "After this, the floor will open for debate, where any who wish may argue for a candidate, while others may respond, disagreeing. At the end of this debate session, a recess will be taken, where you may discuss candidates further with allies or get refreshments. Then, you shall all write your chosen candidate for Emperor and Empress on a provided slip of paper, after which I and the rest of the Magistratium will count the votes at loud, in plain view of all, announcing who is to be our new ruler. With no further words, I open this Caer Aard for debate!" said Belrond, slamming his gavel on his stone table, before sitting down.

The Caer Aard Gathering had begun.
Last edited by The Starlight on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Union of Mother Russia » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:25 pm

The Starlight wrote:

The heads of every House in Pandyssium had arrived. Letters had been sent out, and all of them came, to Caer Aard. It was a small place outdoors, with a circle of 100 large stone chairs, tables for each chair and 500 smaller chairs behind. Also, a large pavilion was hoisted above the place, to protect against the elements. As all the nobles sat down, and were all accounted for, the Imperial Magistratium strode in, led by the Lord High Steward, Duke Belrond Garcius Tellegara.

"Greetings, lords and ladies of Pandyssium. I shall waste no words here. Emperor Orius is dead. There is no clear heir, and that, is why you have been called to the first Caer Aard Gathering in 300 years. The sons and daughters of the late Emperor are also in attendance, " said Belrond, motioning to Cassyndra and two small children. "After this, the floor will open for debate, where any who wish may argue for a candidate, while others may respond, disagreeing. At the end of this debate session, a recess will be taken, where you may discuss candidates further with allies or get refreshments. Then, you shall all write your chosen candidate for Emperor and Empress on a provided slip of paper, after which I and the rest of the Magistratium will count the votes at loud, in plain view of all, announcing who is to be our new ruler. With no further words, I open this Caer Aard for debate!" said Belrond, slamming his gavel on his stone table, before sitting down.

The representatives looked with forbearing eyes at the Duke, the death of the Emperor was nothing of their concerns, and the fact they had to travel miles, on miles just to hear this grousing of a bogeyman in the far East was viewed as a insult to them, they had far better ways to spend their time on. As a few disgruntled whispers, and mutters came from the delegation from the House of Sar-Shazzar, one of the men representing the house, a small, and grim looking man stood up from the set of chairs. He walked into the circle of the men, looking around the crowd of nobles, and leaders.

'' Who is to say we even need a emperor of Pandyssium ? Why should the free nations that is capable of running themselves be under restraints from being themselves, having to be chained to a sinking ship that was responsible for getting us here in the first place ! '' Quickly after speaking the words a mix of yells, and shouting started to echo out in the hall, before he waited for another time to speak out through his methodical endless walks back, and forth. '' Tell me, if the late Orius Rahtis was as great as you tell, how come the only people whom he served was the races of men, and not those who do not share such blood ? If this is a empire that truly represents us all, how you allow this hypocrisy against the communities that does not fit in your '' ideals '' I do not think I have to remind you what sort of mistreated the population of the Houses such as the one I am from, endures. However as it may come to a surprise to some, we are not simply whelps that you can have in a leash, and nor can you toss your bone around expecting us to follow.

After being done with his discourse, he takes his seat back within the delegation of House of Sar-Shazzar, receiving nods of acknowledgement, and claps on the back as he takes his place. Sandro, the Lord of the House turns back to look towards the gathered men, keen to see their reaction upon the matter.

Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Belrond sat down looking at his vassals. Evidently it had been a good speech, for all his vassals were nodding in approval. In addition, all the lords of the Crownlands, who normally answered to nobody but the Emperor himself, were all agreeing with his speech. Even better for him, it didn't take long for all his vassal lords and ladies to agree with him to back the claim of Cassyndra.

This was a good development, at least legally. It was only lawful, as had been laid down by Titus Rahtis so many years ago, that the first-born child of the late emperor, be they male or female, or bastard in this case, would inherit the throne. It was therefore only just that Cassyndra became the empress... despite her...obvious flaws...

But he didn't reveal his preferences to the lords of the other realms quite yet. While it was good to be assured of the loyalty of all of the Imperial Heartlands at this crucial time, it was also tantamount that he, as the current steward, acted as a neutral arbiter in all of this. If the vote went instead for one of the children, or even for one of the high lords, even if this would be totally in violation of all precedent and tradition,he would have no choice but to accept the vote, or risk war.

Most disturbingly, Belrond's first-born son Garcias agreed with him but then requested leave to speak with Cassyndra in private. This was not good, but with no actual grounds for denying him, Belrond let his treacherous son go and speak with the retarded child of the late royal. However, he made sure to order Tyler Tellegara to go with them and watch their actions.

Garcias Tellegara stepped up to Cassyndra and spoke to her like you would a 5 year old child '' Hey sweetie, are you OK? ''

Cassyndra, in her simple-mindedness, laughed '' Yes Garcias, but this is all so boring! I want to go play!''

Garcias smiled then said '' OK Cassyndra, maybe we can play the politics game? You know how much I love the politics game!''

Tyler Tellegara, Garcias's cousin and a member of the blades sworn to protect the Imperial house, symbolically put his hand on the sword and commented with disgust'' The steward has prohibited you from playing the politics game with Cassyndra, chamberlain Garcias. Especially now. He says I have the right to arrest you if you play the '''politics game'' with her.''

Empress Cassyndra was visibly upset'' But I love Garcias's politics game! They are so funny!''

Garcias gave her his sweetest smile and adds'' Do you think uncle Belrond is being mean again, Cassyndra? ''

Like a typical child, despite her years, the woman crossed her arms and nodded'' Yes. Uncle Belrond is being MEAN!''

Garcias'' Not like Garcias, right? Garcias is nice, right?''

Cassyndra's face lighted up in a way that was adorable in its own right'' Yeah! Garcias is nice! Garcias plays horseys, tea-time and politics game with me! Garcias is my best friend!''

Garcias used it to his immediate advantage'' Not like the old fuddy-duddies like uncle Belrond and Tyler!''

Tyler Tellegara face-palmed in exasperation and groaned very loudly. Quick as a flash, Garcias went in for the politics game he wanted'' Cassyndra, do you want to be Empress and make me your Steward instead of uncle Belrond?''

Cassyndra'' Yes, yes, yes! Garcias will be the best steward ever!''

Tyler looked up again. It was obvious he had heard something that Cassyndra had said, but not any actual words. Annoyed, he asks'' What did you just say?''

Winking at the Empress, Garcias put up his most innocent yet mocking voice saying'' She was just saying what a big fat spoil-sport Tyler is!''

Cassyndra with surprising subtlety winked back and agreed'' Yeah! I was just saying that you're just a big meanie with a cool sword!''

Tyler amazingly smiled at that one'' Well, my lady, that sword is only there for your protection... Garcias, now haven't you got a big meeting to go to... you know, all the boring grown-up stuff, to talk about? ''

Bowing very low whilst leaving the room and heading for the meeting, Garcias states'' You're right cousin Tyler Tellegara. I do have some very important grown-up stuff to talk about with uncle Belrond and all the other lords and ladies. See you later Cassyndra!''

Cassyndra'' Bye! Love you Garcias!''
Garcias sat back down at the table.
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:43 pm

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia wrote:
'' Who is to say we even need a emperor of Pandyssium ? Why should the free nations that is capable of running themselves be under restraints from being themselves, having to be chained to a sinking ship that was responsible for getting us here in the first place ! '' Quickly after speaking the words a mix of yells, and shouting started to echo out in the hall, before he waited for another time to speak out through his methodical endless walks back, and forth. '' Tell me, if the late Orius Rahtis was as great as you tell, how come the only people whom he served was the races of men, and not those who do not share such blood ? If this is a empire that truly represents us all, how you allow this hypocrisy against the communities that does not fit in your '' ideals '' I do not think I have to remind you what sort of mistreated the population of the Houses such as the one I am from, endures. However as it may come to a surprise to some, we are not simply whelps that you can have in a leash, and nor can you toss your bone around expecting us to follow.

"Because without unity, we are exposed to Augrilac," said the Head of House Tarembor, Lord Saerondr. "Everyday they look across the sea, assessing the risk, and the might of our armies. Without a unified leader, the attack will come, I assure you, and Pandyssium will fall. As for Orius Rahtis, what you say is true, the late Emperor served only the race of men. However, for your realm Ninurtusur, much of your population is composed of undead, ghouls, wraiths and hybrids. The undead have almost no limits, and they are perfect for war. So your realm, would be a threat to any wise Emperor, no offense intended at all, my good lord Sandro. However, I must agree overall, the new Emperor or Empress must be willing to recognize, acknowledge, and treat all nonhuman races just as they would treat humans. We elves have suffered too long under the hands of humans. Being nonhuman is not inferior, derogatory, or shameful. It is who we are, and we are proud to call ourselves elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins, and all other nonhuman races. No longer shall Pandyssium be dragged down with the racist views of Emperors, or Vallorion, and all other nonhuman realms may be forced to secede. My word is done, what say you all?" said Saerondr Tarembor, sitting down while gazing around at those gathered.
Last edited by The Starlight on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:49 pm

The Starlight wrote:

-snip for space reasons-

The representatives looked with forbearing eyes at the Duke, the death of the Emperor was nothing of their concerns, and the fact they had to travel miles, on miles just to hear this grousing of a bogeyman in the far East was viewed as a insult to them, they had far better ways to spend their time on. As a few disgruntled whispers, and mutters came from the delegation from the House of Sar-Shazzar, one of the men representing the house, a small, and grim looking man stood up from the set of chairs. He walked into the circle of the men, looking around the crowd of nobles, and leaders.

After being done with his discourse, he takes his seat back within the delegation of House of Sar-Shazzar, receiving nods of acknowledgement, and claps on the back as he takes his place. Sandro, the Lord of the House turns back to look towards the gathered men, keen to see their reaction upon the matter.

Belrond Tellegara was secretly deeply offended that a lord of an entire realm could dare question the glory of the Empire so openly. After allowing Garcias to leave the chamber and when he became absolutely sure all the vassals in the Heartlands agreed with him, he stood up and countered the speaker from Ninurtusur'' With all due respect noble speaker from the Silver Cities, but what you forget to mention is that the Empire is all that keeps us safe from our enemies across the sea to the west! I must thank my counterpart from Vallorion for making such a robust case.

It is a terrible shame to hear that your opinion of the late emperor Orius is so low. My own realm has many orcs to the North-West who petition me often with such complaints, but I believe that fairness for all the races of Pandyssium will come in our lifetimes. Already, the late emperor introduced legislation - which I encouraged - to allow for greater equality across the races of Pandyssium.

But even if we can never quite achieve fairness or justice to the degree the gentleman from the Silver Cities desires, I hope dearly though that you can see the simple logic that 1000 men is always stronger than 100. Likewise I hope you can see that you remaining with the Empire, with a new Empress, is always better for both you and the rest of us!''

With that, his vassals from the Heartlands cheered and clapped for Belrond as he sat back down. His brother Kevin Tellegara pats Belrond on the back
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:56 pm

The Starlight wrote:

Caer Aard, Imperial Heartlands
"Have you Necromancers grown mad now?" asked Maria Camp from her lone place at the table. The commoner Noble, that was what she was known as and she seemed very out in only light leather armor compared to the regal dress of the other lords "You would suggest at this time to disband the empire while our enemies ready their armies overseas to take are land? Gracia will have no part of any of this talk of disbanding the empire. I would also like to point out the very reason your house as you see it is mistreated because you tamper with life. Once a man's time is up, he should be allowed to rest, not be reanimated into a ghoul who will forever haunt this earth. Stop the desecration of the dead and then you will be able to gain respect from the other houses." Maria looked around the table at her fellow lords eyeing each and every one of them. This is no time to speak of disunion, this is the time to unite against outside threats. Carry your whims of secession away until after the empire has secured itself from outside threats. Grecia has treated all races in her lands fairly for millennia but any change to how they are treated all across the empire can wait until we secure our borders". Maria then looked around the table waiting for a response.
Last edited by Paketo on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Mesrane
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesrane » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Erlend Eriadunn, Lord of Eriadha, looked on in solemn silence as one lord after another had his say. His grandson Owain could be seen visibly frowning at the lords who were particularly vocal about the absolute, unquestionable holiness of the Empire. Erlend certainly did not agree with his grandson, but when some of these people opened their mouths, his opinion was quite understandable. Finally, Erlend stood.

"My lords . . . must we really debate the goodness or lack of goodness that resided in the late Emperor's heart? He was not a kind man, he was not entirely just, but dammit he was competent. Emperors and kings must first be judged as Emperors and Kings, before they are judged as just beings. Competency is the first thing I look for in a monarch. And why not? The person chosen today as Orius's heir will hold all of our fates in the palm of his or her hand. And if they aren't competent," Erlend bellowed, with a pointed stare at Cassyndra and the bastard boys. "Then what in the gods name are we to do? The House of Rathis and its centralized rule no longer serves our needs as it once did. Sure, we may pick a competent heir today, but will that man's heir be competent? His grandson? Will they be stricken with madness, perhaps, hmm? The Empire is needed . . . this much is certain to me. But a new Empire, a decentralized one, a state in which all Lords of all realms have their fair say. A heir you say, Lord Steward Belrond? A council of Lords is needed first! And whoever rules after Orius will act with the council, and not against it!"

With that, Erlend plopped back into his stone chair. His vassals ranged from reasonably pleased to ecstatic. Cheers rang through the Eriadunn section. Nationalistic sentiment was running high in Eriadha. Most Eriadunnii lords however, desired greater autonomy over full fledged independence.
Obligatory pros and antis:
Pro: Libertarianism, Protestantism, Gay Rights, 2nd Amendment, Scottish and Welsh Independence, Free Market
Anti: Communism, Socialism, General Authoritarianism, Welfare State, Feminism, EU, Controlled Economy, Gun Control, Justin Bieber, Utter Ridiculousness

Unapologetic Elder Scrolls Fanatic
HAIL NEREVAR, PRAISE THE HORTATOR

Chicago Cubs Fan. Yay?

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:15 pm

The Starlight wrote:

"Because without unity, we are exposed to Augrilac," said the Head of House Tarembor, Lord Saerondr. "Everyday they look across the sea, assessing the risk, and the might of our armies. Without a unified leader, the attack will come, I assure you, and Pandyssium will fall. As for Orius Rahtis, what you say is true, the late Emperor served only the race of men. However, for your realm Ninurtusur, much of your population is composed of undead, ghouls, wraiths and hybrids. The undead have almost no limits, and they are perfect for war. So your realm, would be a threat to any wise Emperor, no offense intended at all, my good lord Sandro. However, I must agree overall, the new Emperor or Empress must be willing to recognize, acknowledge, and treat all nonhuman races just as they would treat humans. We elves have suffered too long under the hands of humans. Being nonhuman is not inferior, derogatory, or shameful. It is who we are, and we are proud to call ourselves elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins, and all other nonhuman races. No longer shall Pandyssium be dragged down with the racist views of Emperors, or Vallorion, and all other nonhuman realms may be forced to secede. My word is done, what say you all?" said Saerondr Tarembor, sitting down while gazing around at those gathered.

Io'szon rose from his chair. "Then it would be wise to elect a Non-Man to rule over the empire, would it not, Lord Saerondr?" The Lord's low voice boomed throughout the pavilion, "It is clear that none of the Emperor's successors are in a just state to rule an empire such as Pandyssium, and equally clear that fate has decided that Man should not rule Pandyssium. I suggest that one the other houses, such as the Tarembors, the Nelkadians, or my own to rule over these lands. After all, each have ancestry that goes far back to the great Kingdoms and Empires before Pandyssium, and each one of them fully capable of ruling these lands."

The Orcish Lord sat back down in his seat, waiting for a rebuttal from another house. But for now, he was cheered on by the Delegate of Thezardül
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Union of Mother Russia » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Paketo wrote:
-snip-

"Have you Necromancers grown mad now?" asked Maria Camp from her lone place at the table. The commoner Noble, that was what she was known as and she seemed very out in only light leather armor compared to the regal dress of the other lords "You would suggest at this time to disband the empire while our enemies ready their armies overseas to take are land? Gracia will have no part of any of this talk of disbanding the empire. I would also like to point out the very reason your house as you see it is mistreated because you tamper with life. Once a man's time is up, he should be allowed to rest, not be reanimated into a ghoul who will forever haunt this earth. Stop the desecration of the dead and then you will be able to gain respect from the other houses." Maria looked around the table at her fellow lords eyeing each and every one of them. This is no time to speak of disunion, this is the time to unite against outside threats. Carry your whims of secession away until after the empire has secured itself from outside threats. Grecia has treated all races in her lands fairly for millennia but any change to how they are treated all across the empire can wait until we secure our borders". Maria then looked around the table waiting for a response.

After the derogatory comment, it did not take much before the assembly of the representatives of Sar-Shazzar started to once more loudly grumble, and grouch upon the cavil response from another of the nobles. After being filled up to the brim with the scorn, and disdain towards those who spoken against the creatures of Ninurtusur, the same man stood up once more. Raising his head as he looked with a slightly irritated expression.

'' So this is what it comes to, having almost half our population not recognized by the laws of the land, and calling us out after the large amount of tolerance we have displayed amongst the ages that passed ? Yet even so, there you petty men of Grecia call us out for our '' Necromancy '' , and for our citizens that is in everyway the same worth as a man is ? This is ridicule to persist in saying this land is for others, the only elves, orcs, and dwarfs that is those you poisoned with the promises of land, independence, and wealth. Yet here you are, hundreds of years after still not being able to acknowledge that million whom is in every right to have the same freedom as others. I can't even come to the facts that you would allow such bigotry behaviour of demonizing our people to your children, making us portrayed as dark wizards in towers, and mad skeletons in the dark. This is beyond acceptable, and yet you of all people have the nerve to ask us to defend you..''

He takes a seat back, letting another round of responding wave of voices, and growls come from the assembly from the side of the House of Sar-Shazzar.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Paketo wrote:

After the derogatory comment, it did not take much before the assembly of the representatives of Sar-Shazzar started to once more loudly grumble, and grouch upon the cavil response from another of the nobles. After being filled up to the brim with the scorn, and disdain towards those who spoken against the creatures of Ninurtusur, the same man stood up once more. Raising his head as he looked with a slightly irritated expression.

'' So this is what it comes to, having almost half our population not recognized by the laws of the land, and calling us out after the large amount of tolerance we have displayed amongst the ages that passed ? Yet even so, there you petty men of Grecia call us out for our '' Necromancy '' , and for our citizens that is in everyway the same worth as a man is ? This is ridicule to persist in saying this land is for others, the only elves, orcs, and dwarfs that is those you poisoned with the promises of land, independence, and wealth. Yet here you are, hundreds of years after still not being able to acknowledge that million whom is in every right to have the same freedom as others. I can't even come to the facts that you would allow such bigotry behaviour of demonizing our people to your children, making us portrayed as dark wizards in towers, and mad skeletons in the dark. This is beyond acceptable, and yet you of all people have the nerve to ask us to defend you..''

He takes a seat back, letting another round of responding wave of voices, and growls come from the assembly from the side of the House of Sar-Shazzar.

"you have a way with words it seems. If you had properly listened you would noticed I never once called them monsters, never once said that your.....ghouls were lesser. What I did say was that a man deserves to rest once his time comes and to reanimate him is well....disrespectful to the dead. You meddle with life itself which is a higher domain which should not be accessed by any human, elf, dwarf or other race. I never once called you evil or dark, you put that label on yourselves. I merely stated why it is that you are not given the respect you think you deserve. I also would like to point out I never once said for you to protect my lands of Grecia, I stated that if we disunite then our enemies overseas will conquer us one by one. Please try to listen to everything and not pick and choose what you want to have heard from my lips." Maria Stated keeping a calm expression on her face.

A Grecian guard quickly came over and whispered in Maria's ear as she finished her speech. "well I must step out for a moment" she stated following the guard from her seat
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Paketo wrote:

ORDER! ORDER IN THE CAER AARD! Steward Belrond hit the table with a small hammer before speaking again. ''Much as it would be fascinating to debate the ethics of necromancy and official recognition for the undead, I would like to remind the assembled that that is not why we have come today. We come to speak of the succession, over who will be the next in line after the late Orius.''

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
The Starlight wrote:

-snippity snip-

Io'szon rose from his chair. "Then it would be wise to elect a Non-Man to rule over the empire, would it not, Lord Saerondr?" The Lord's low voice boomed throughout the pavilion, "It is clear that none of the Emperor's successors are in a just state to rule an empire such as Pandyssium, and equally clear that fate has decided that Man should not rule Pandyssium. I suggest that one the other houses, such as the Tarembors, the Nelkadians, or my own to rule over these lands. After all, each have ancestry that goes far back to the great Kingdoms and Empires before Pandyssium, and each one of them fully capable of ruling these lands."

The Orcish Lord sat back down in his seat, waiting for a rebuttal from another house. But for now, he was cheered on by the Delegate of Thezardül

''My lord, while I sympathize with your suggestion that non-humans get treated more fairly, it would be a clear violation of law if a non-man who is no relation of the late emperor ascended the throne. House Rahtis has ruled Pandyssium since the founding of the Empire, and will continue to do so until the Empire exists no more.''

Garcias Tellegara looked up to the orc lord and smoothly asks'' Is it not so that the majority of the Empire's citizens are, in fact, humans? To have a non-human rule these lands would be in violation against the majority's will. But that said, I can't see why we don't just have a little compromise... I suppose is there anyone from the Tarembors, the Nelkadians or even from your own house who wishes to marry Cassyndra?

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:54 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:Io'szon rose from his chair. "Then it would be wise to elect a Non-Man to rule over the empire, would it not, Lord Saerondr?" The Lord's low voice boomed throughout the pavilion, "It is clear that none of the Emperor's successors are in a just state to rule an empire such as Pandyssium, and equally clear that fate has decided that Man should not rule Pandyssium. I suggest that one the other houses, such as the Tarembors, the Nelkadians, or my own to rule over these lands. After all, each have ancestry that goes far back to the great Kingdoms and Empires before Pandyssium, and each one of them fully capable of ruling these lands."

"Indeed it would, Lord Io'szon, " said Lord Saerondr, offering a respectful, tilted, small nod in response. "Several of houses of Pandyssium have lineage that goes far back, giving them, in a way, right to rule these lands, as they have kept hold of theirs for hundreds of years with little incident."

"Also, the idea of Lord Erlend is interesting, a council of Lords, to advise the new Emperor or Empress and have a fair say. A parliament, one could call it. We could use the Caer Aard as an example, take the recommendations of Houses to decide which of their family should represent their House and region in this parliament or council." Saerondr sat elegantly in the elven fashion, back into his own stone chair, showing no discomfort, sweeping his cloak back gently and adjusting his sheathed sword, so that he could sit properly. In the Tarembor delegation and Vallorion section in general, he heard murmurs of agreement. The next ruler had to be held accountable for their decisions, he thought, and this parliament could do that.

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:''My lord, while I sympathize with your suggestion that non-humans get treated more fairly, it would be a clear violation of law if a non-man who is no relation of the late emperor ascended the throne. House Rahtis has ruled Pandyssium since the founding of the Empire, and will continue to do so until the Empire exists no more.''

Garcias Tellegara looked up to the orc lord and smoothly asks'' Is it not so that the majority of the Empire's citizens are, in fact, humans? To have a non-human rule these lands would be in violation against the majority's will. But that said, I can't see why we don't just have a little compromise... I suppose is there anyone from the Tarembors, the Nelkadians or even from your own house who wishes to marry Cassyndra?

"A law set by House Rahtis, remember. Why would having a non-human ruling be in violation of the majority's will? You forget that all of our houses, including the non-human houses, lead and allow humans into their realm. And many humans regard us non-humans as fair and just rulers. As for marrying Cassyndra... It is an intriguing idea, I must admit. I myself," Saerondr glanced back at Lady Miren, his wife, with a smile, "have a perfectly lovely wife who I am quite satisfied and in love with. However, my son Elvuldur is unmarried, and eligible. However, we must question what this will mean, if any from our houses are to wed Lady Cassyndra. Who will have the final say? The man, or Cassyndra? Another question, is Cassyndra willing? I do not think any of us want to force her into an unwanted marriage."
Last edited by The Starlight on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:09 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:Io'szon rose from his chair. "Then it would be wise to elect a Non-Man to rule over the empire, would it not, Lord Saerondr?" The Lord's low voice boomed throughout the pavilion, "It is clear that none of the Emperor's successors are in a just state to rule an empire such as Pandyssium, and equally clear that fate has decided that Man should not rule Pandyssium. I suggest that one the other houses, such as the Tarembors, the Nelkadians, or my own to rule over these lands. After all, each have ancestry that goes far back to the great Kingdoms and Empires before Pandyssium, and each one of them fully capable of ruling these lands."

"Indeed it would, Lord Io'szon, " said Lord Saerondr, offering a respectful, tilted, small nod in response. "Several of houses of Pandyssium have lineage that goes far back, giving them, in a way, right to rule these lands, as they have kept hold of theirs for hundreds of years with little incident."

"Also, the idea of Lord Erlend is interesting, a council of Lords, to advise the new Emperor or Empress and have a fair say. A parliament, one could call it. We could use the Caer Aard as an example, take the recommendations of Houses to decide which of their family should represent their House and region in this parliament or council." Saerondr sat elegantly in the elven fashion, back into his own stone chair, showing no discomfort, sweeping his cloak back gently and adjusting his sheathed sword, so that he could sit properly. In the Tarembor delegation and Vallorion section in general, he heard murmurs of agreement. The next ruler had to be held accountable for their decisions, he thought, and this parliament could do that.

Belrond sighed at the commentary of Lord Saerondr and then asks him'' And what do you think the court is for? Why do you think a steward or a high lord treasurer exist? We already have such advice fairly given to the Emperors and Empresses of old. Our system works fine.

Nobody has argued that all the houses in attendance today don't deserve their lands, so I am confused as to why such a point is to be raised... but, at the end of the day, even if the Caer Aard does decide to go with that reform motion, which I would legally be bound to ensure gets carried out, surely it would be in the better interests of the Caer Aard to actually first decide who the new royal heir of House Rahtis is before reforms to leadership are suggested?''

"A law set by House Rahtis, remember. Why would having a non-human ruling be in violation of the majority's will? You forget that all of our houses, including the non-human houses, lead and allow humans into their realm. And many humans regard us non-humans as fair and just rulers. As for marrying Cassyndra... It is an intriguing idea, I must admit. I myself," Saerondr glanced back at Lady Miren, his wife, with a smile, "have a perfectly lovely wife who I am quite satisfied and in love with. However, my son Elvuldur is unmarried, and eligible. However, we must question what this will mean, if any from our houses are to wed Lady Cassyndra. Who will have the final say? The man, or Cassyndra? Another question, is Cassyndra willing? I do not think any of us want to force her into an unwanted marriage."

Garcias shrugged'' You are right. I should be less callous of your sensibilities. To the point though, it is unfortunate to have to say this, but Cassyndra won't even understand what's going on. Consent in this marriage will have to be decided for her, in this particular case, as the law was written 200 years ago, by my father the steward. There is nothing more to add. Sadly, the law as written- yes, by House Rahtis - is crystal clear. Although I must say a wedding with your son would be a fine arrangement, although I should check with my father the steward first. Cassyndra will also have to have the final say, that much is also clear in the law, with no exceptions listed. Maybe the first thing she should do is write a law to ensure this kind of meeting doesn't need to happen again...?
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Maria narrowed his eyes at the kniving Garcias as she reentered the room and sat down. She was close enough to the potential heirs to hear his manipulation of the retarded bastard but she made no move against it. The Grecian guard now stood next to Maria and she whispered to him "I want you to keep a eye on that man Jonas. He is playing a game in the shadows to increase influence, I wm sure of it"

"of course my lady" Jonas whispered back to Maria before retaking his stance as guard.

Garcias is it?" Asked Maria as she stared at the man "by your words are you declaring support for Cassyndra to take the throne? You would support the ascent of a...well let's just say one lacking in intelligence, to gain the throne? Would if not be better to instead support the younger children as Co-rulers? What I propose is simple, the younger children will be declared future rulers of the empire but until they are of age to take the throne, they will spend a set number of months in each realm. Would it not satisfy those of you hear speaking of inequality to be able to teach the future rulers why your people should be respected? To be able to create your Empire of true equality?" Maria then quieted down waiting for a response from the other houses. She thought of this council that was being proposed but she only found that it would just suffer from infighting.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Ghondra
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Caer Ard

Edmond Ranger, or as he is known across the realm, 'Horselord' observed the cacophony of shouts that was the meeting of the Great Houses with an arrogant glare, silently amusing himself with the business of the realm with every speech and every retort he struggled not to laugh, the Lord Edmond Ranger through all this ruckus was preparing a speech of his own, he was flanked by his two sons; Peter, his second son Edward of the Emperor's Blade was standing behind him, eagle-eyed as he observe the Tellegara boy, Gracias, return with the potential future Empress in tow.

"My Lords, I am inclined to agree with Lord Elrend, his Ideas has some merit after all. Any successor to the Imperial Throne would be too young to hold the throne, there must be a regent, but im this time of great crisis no one person should hold such an influential position, and the Augrilac Empire eyes our lands with lust, whether the Empire survives is up to you, but we must unite, lest we all hang separately"
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:Belrond sighed at the commentary of Lord Saerondr and then asks him'' And what do you think the court is for? Why do you think a steward or a high lord treasurer exist? We already have such advice fairly given to the Emperors and Empresses of old. Our system works fine.

Nobody has argued that all the houses in attendance today don't deserve their lands, so I am confused as to why such a point is to be raised... but, at the end of the day, even if the Caer Aard does decide to go with that reform motion, which I would legally be bound to ensure gets carried out, surely it would be in the better interests of the Caer Aard to actually first decide who the new royal heir of House Rahtis is before reforms to leadership are suggested?''

"You raise a good point, Lord High Steward. The Imperial Magistratium is able to advise the king sufficiently, I am in agreement. Very well, let us decide on the heir of House Rahtis, without taking into account the throne for the moment. As Cassyndra is sadly incapable of rule, despite being of age, I believe that we can all agree that she should not be the heir.
Therefore, Teren Rahtis, the firstborn, 5 year old son of Orius, should be the heir of House Rahtis, as it must continue. However, regarding the Imperial Throne, we cannot put a 5 year old boy on the throne yet. He needs experience, guidance, and a unbiased view of all races. That can only be done by following the lady Maria's proposal," Saerondr nodded at Maria, "that Teren spend a set amount of months in each realm. He is not be influenced or manipulated, but simply shown, and raise him up to be a strong, fair, just Emperor of Pandyssium, who rules an truly equal Empire. However, we need an Emperor, or Empress now. Augrilac will not wait for Teren to grow of age, therefore, we need a regent. Perhaps the Imperial Magistratium? Or a chosen lord, ruling with the Magistratium, swearing by their blood, house and realm in the presence of all that they will cede the throne to Teren Rahtis when he comes of age. Would that satisfy our various parties?" Saerondr asked.
Last edited by The Starlight on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star

Mesrane
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesrane » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Erlend watched bitterly as lords prattled on about undead-this, undead-that. Owain leaned over. "Grandfather, this is a waste of time. We should never have bothered ourselves with this horseshit."

Erlend opened his mouth in verbal agreement but then watched, surprised, as Lord Saerondr of House Vallorion, of all elves and of all houses, stood in support of his plan. And after him, Lord Edmond Ranger. The Eriadunnii lord also noticed for the first time his nephew Domnac, seated towards the edge of the Eriadunn section, closest to the High Steward. The Provost Marshal had remained entirely silent to this point, obviously preferring the steward to have his say, and more after. Who's love affair with all things Empire is starting to grate me almost as much as it does Owain, he thought bitterly.

He stood once more, ignoring the flaring gout in his knees, and gave short, respectful nods to the delegations of House Vallorion and House Ranger. "I am pleased that my Confederacy plan has actually been met with some warmth at this council." He wheeled to face Belrond. "Allow to clarify, High Steward. You dismissed this . . . parliament, stating the current system works just fine. Does it? Shall we endure fifteen years of regency and put that to the test? I won't. You see, Steward Belrond, the current system is a side attraction for the Emperor. He may or he may not listen to the advice his councilors give him. It may be folly to do so, but an Emperor may act against his councilors whenever he so wishes. They advise him, but hold no power over him." Erlend threw a sharp glance at Domnac, who averted his eyes. "Under this new confederacy, each lord may send a delegation from his realm to represent his House and put forth his opinions and views at a weekly gathering, presumably at the Capitol. Every so often, say once a year, the lord himself shall attend a grand council, much like we're having now. Critically however, critically, I do not mean for this council to simply advise Orius' heir, to simply offer meager suggestions to be taken or left as pleases the Emperor. No, this council shall rule The Emperor himself. A majority vote against any action the Emperor takes will halt him in his tracks. In this way, we shall rule ourselves, and not made to bend the knee because a man or a women has Rathis at the end of their name, or any other name." He turned again to House Vallorion, who had spoken just prior. "And I find myself partially in agreement with Lord Saerondr. Cassyndra cannot and should not rule, and it would do Teren good to see what he may of each realm. However . . . I will support neither regent nor heir of any party, of any house, of any race or of any disposition, sex, or age until the Houses of Pandyssium are granted the right to govern themselves."

More hoots of support rang out from the Eriadunn section as Erlend took his seat again. Domnall, he noticed, looked extremely apprehensive. It was as if the Lord Provost Marshal dearly wished to speak, but was afraid what would become of his words.

Watching Domnall even more hawkishly than Erlend was Owain, who hoped the Provost Marshal, his 2nd cousin, remembered the conversation the two of them had had minutes before the Caer Aard started.
Last edited by Mesrane on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory pros and antis:
Pro: Libertarianism, Protestantism, Gay Rights, 2nd Amendment, Scottish and Welsh Independence, Free Market
Anti: Communism, Socialism, General Authoritarianism, Welfare State, Feminism, EU, Controlled Economy, Gun Control, Justin Bieber, Utter Ridiculousness

Unapologetic Elder Scrolls Fanatic
HAIL NEREVAR, PRAISE THE HORTATOR

Chicago Cubs Fan. Yay?

Greater Liverpool
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Liverpool » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Davit sat alone, atop a seat in the middle of the bar where a single candle was his only light. In his hand an old crumpling piece of paper with a message written in Ostro. "Μόνο το ισχυρότερο αφήστε να έρθει πίσω για να σώσει τους ανθρώπους από τη δουλεία... only the strongest leave to come back to their people" it reads. Davit sits there studying the piece of paper looking for anything else besides a simple message, he finds nothing. He now stares blankly at it dreaming about returning home, where he will be crowned king of the Ostros. "Well a new gentlemen I see. What would you like sir?" The barkeep asked Davit. Davit looked up at this man, his tattered hood still covering most of his face, he now puts the piece of paper away. "Yes I would like some of your finest beer" Davit replied.

"That would be the Emperor's standard" The barkeep looked at Davit with a suspicious look.

"Yes that would do me fine" Davit returned the look with a smile showing confidence in his choice. The barkeep brings him his beer wondering why what he thought a beggar was ordering such a expensive drink. "I can tell you want to know why someone like me is buying something that is way out of my class. Well I think this can answer you question" Davit slides a silver coin towards the barkeep before taking his beer and taking a small sip from the tip of the bottle. "No offence good sir but what is it" the barkeep inquired.

"It is a Reál crown from the Ostromacian Kingdom" Davit told the barkeep.

"Is this writing made of gold" the barkeep amazed from this simple coin continues to inquire.

"Yes gold from the Isgreathian mountains" Davit continued to fuel the barkeep's wonder. "Will this cover the cost for one of these?"

"Yes of course, who are you? Where do you come?" The barkeep asked putting the coin on the top of the bar. Davit put his beer on the bar

"I come from a far land, a land unique from any other on this place of that bee Orc, Human, elf even dwarf can match. I come from a land where war has destroyed that very same land. I come from Ostromacia" Davit said as he removed his tattered hood from the rest of his face and stud up tearing of his cloak showing off his amour to the barkeep "and well who am I, well I am the last king of Ostromacia. At your service" The barkeep stud and looked at Davit in awe, a king was in his presence. "Now I have answered your question can I ask some of my own?"

"Yes what do you want to know?"

"Why is there so many guards walking around the city?" Davit sat back down grabbing his beer and starting to drink again.

"It is the Caer Aard gathering to select the new emperor"

"So who is there?"

"The noble houses of these fine lands"

"Noble houses all in one place a chance for some people to gain and lose power and money and since I have none I guess I can only gain"

"Excuse me good sir?" Davit quickly stud up and finished off his beer before picking back up his cloak and heading to leave. "Oh sorry, thank you good sir for your drink from the king" Davit left with those words towards the gathering and towards his goal.
An orthodox convert who doesn't support Russia

Slava Ukraini

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:18 pm

Arno Kanic
Caer Ard

Arno was hiding in a near by bush listening tot he conversation, he was shocked to find that there was no legitimate heir to the throne. As far as he knew there had always been a legitimate heir to the throne and the news of the other nations preying on them didn't set his mind at ease. But it was worse long ago with the death of his family and the end of the line of Kanic or well their time in power. But there were a lot of lords who had come to this meeting, which told Arno that this was extremely important. But this could also give him valuable information on weak points in the empire and may be able to reestablish his family in power if he was given the chance. But if he was caught this could also mean death.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:51 pm

While the other houses argued, at least one delegate stayed silent and bothered to say nothing. Sandy Wolfson, a tall but pudgy man of unknown age. Most of the hair on his head was gone, and the remaining bits were a snowy gray. He had been chosen to represent House Wolfson, without any explanation as to the whereabouts of the head or his reasons for declining the visit.

"It seems to me," he finally said, his voice smooth and sweet, the result of perfected charisma. "That we are all in a disagreement as to the future of this empire." he looked around, seeing whether any of the other representatives were following him. "Instead of arguing about what we don't want, why not argue about what we do want, our common ground. Affirmation always works better than negation, I'm sure you realize."

Wolfsburgh

The stone castle was as usual, silent, save for the sound of the wind as it blew through the corridors, producing a hollow sound that ominously brought to mind weeping. Matilda tried her hardest to push the thought out of her mind, with mixed success.

The heir of House Wolfson sat in a chair, staring blankly into space as her father's physician tended to the green gash on his side. The head of House Wolfson lay on the bed, clutching his side and moaning in pain.

The other members of the house stood at the entrance of the room and side of the bed. "You don't need to see this, girl." her uncle, Dick of Wolfshore said, reaching to take her by the shoulder. Matilda froze up and Wolf signaled otherwise.

"Let her stay," he gasped. "She wants to." his brother nodded his head and took his place next to the door. The other members of the family stood silently, some standing, while the youngest sat on the floor. It had been an occasion, since the first Wolfson, the progenitor of their name, lay on his deathbed, to accompany him until he had to breathe his last and go to the King of Hell's domain.

No one knew how long Wolf would last, all the signs were not good. Even Old Beth, the local seeress, noted for her strange but useful concoctions, could not heal what would be Wolf's death wound. "I would've preferred dying on the battlefield," he chuckled, reminiscing on various elements of his life.

"Uncle," one of his nephews, a tall lad with dark brown hair and almond eyes, spoke up. "Who will succeed you when you are gone?" it had been the question on everyone's minds. No one doubted that he would pick Matilda, while several were loyal to his choice of successor, others were discontent.

"You're looking at her," Wolf gestured to Matilda, who continued to stare silently at him, while the physician inspected the wound and tried to supply anything he felt could be used to prolong the wound's deadly effect. "She may look young, but she has the blood of wolves in her. Not a one of you are to doubt that."

As the congregation dissipated and made their departures, Dick walked outside the city walls, a mysterious look on his face that even his son Johnny could not decipher. "What are you thinking?" he asked, while the two of them walked to the stables.

"I'm thinking about my brother."

"How touching. I didn't know family was so important to you, father."

"I'm thinking about how long he has to live, and what shall be done when he is gone." Dick finished. He fell silent upon reaching the stables, simply mounting his horse, and waited for Johnny to do the same. When he was confident they were out of ear's reach, he continued. "I'm not sure his selection for successor is the best decision."

"What do you think of the recent fiasco on the mainland?" Johnny asked, wanting to steer the conversation to something else less private, at least until he could be sure no one was around to hear them.

"I think we should be prepared for anything." Dick replied, waiting until they had gone more than a mile before continuing to speak. "But what is more important to me is the events that are unfolding in our own home."

"And what do you plan to do about it?"

"If I knew that, do you think I would be speaking with you?" when they had gotten an even further distance, he added. "The future doesn't belong to your cousin, my dear boy, it belongs to you." he smiled and patted his son on the back. "You will lead our race to victory."

"Be careful, wouldn't want the others hear you say that." Johnny said, turning his head to make sure no one was tailing them. While the Wolfsons were a tight knit group, he never put it past one of his cousins to spy on them, especially when they were discussing something so delicate. "Wouldn't want to talk treason."

"Heh, Johnny, you're speaking to your old man. No matter how sneaky you think you are, remember I taught you every trick that you know."

The room was quiet after the rest of the house members dispersed, leaving Matilda and Wolf alone to sit and lay in silence. The young girl had her chin rested on her knees, and her arms around her legs, rocking gently on the chair, as if she was not all there.

"Matilda," Wolf muttered. "Bring me a knife."

The girl froze, gazing at her father with fear, knowing what he wanted to use it for, but nevertheless asking. "Why?"

"Don't play that game, you know why." he stated, although his voice was not harsh. "I'm suffering, I'm going to die. I don't want to drag it out anymore than it has to." he added quickly. "I promise not to do it now."

Matilda hesitated for a few moments, before walking out the door and returning minutes later with a knife, one used to cut food. After he had taken it, she asked while standing at the foot of his bed. "Can I be with you when you do it?" at her father's gesture, she moved over and lay down next to him, enjoying the feeling of being hugged.

"You can."

Lorellion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lorellion » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Lyeria Kaldara, Court Mage of Mereldar
Caer Aard
Imperial Heartlands

The elven court mage shifted uncomfortably in her chair listening to the bickering amongst the lords. While not necessarily a noble herself, Lyeria was the arcane advisor to the lords of Mereldar. She was well known throughout the empire as a prominent scholar and mage, and had travelled the realms of every lord in attendance. My sweet Mekdar... I wish you were still here... You had such a way with words...

She shot a glance at her current lord Taslon Nelkadian. He was the only dwarven lord in attendance, but he had not said a word since the meeting had begun. His mother Heldraa whispered words into his ear only loud enough for her and her son to hear. Lyeria bit her lip. They don't plan on saying a thing. This is Mekdar's legacy? An isolationist fool. Taslon had the chance to change the Empire for all dwarves. House Nelkadian had stood as a beacon of hope for the scattered dwarves of the world; Lyeria would not let it get torn to shreds. She glanced at Taslon's uncle Golstan. He was the general of the Mereldarian forces and a trusted friend to Lyeria. He gave her a firm nod seemingly knowing what she was thinking.

Lyeria took a deep breath in and stood up. The lords looked upon her with amazement. Heldraa and Taslon looked upon her with horror.

"I have travelled this Empire for my entire life. Seeing the lands, experiencing the cultures... I am no noble. I am merely a scholar, dedicated to the ancient mysteries of our world. I am an elf, but I grew up in a human realm. I walked with orcs, conversed with goblins, advised dwarves..." She trailed off looking at Taslon and Heldraa. She heard a slight snicker from amongst the crowds. The rumors of her affair with Mekdar Nelkadian had travelled like wildfire. She carried on, slightly louder.
"I have studied the history of this land. Dabbled in the arts of my ancestors. What this empire has become is a shadow of what this land once was. This empire is racist. This empire is petty. This empire is decaying. It says something that the traditions of this country have forced us to choose from three children to rule over us. Haven't the exploits of House Rahtis gone too far?"

She paused. Knowing what she was about to say would offend the people there, she took a deep breath in. "Titus Rahtis was a monster." Gasps resounded. Titus Rahtis was known as a hero to all. "A monster who bullied every great culture to submit to his whims. Even after he died, his assimilation continued with his spawn. For generations, we have had to put up with a new member of House Rahtis. Each of whom had a different agenda. They pulled us in different directions. Ripped us from the seems. They have even forced religion upon us."

She heard gasps. "Even in places where the elven pantheon or the dwarven ancestor worship should reign prominently, the Faith maintains a grasp, because their leader has a position on ALL of our governments. You all sit here bickering about how we should attempt to maintain our current Imperial structure... But I say NO! Our entire system needs to change. You can have your regents or your weddings, but one thing remains certain. Times are changing, and House Rahtis and their convoluted system either needs to change with them or leave." She took one last look at them before sitting back down.

I hope I made you proud Mekdar.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:44 pm

House Venor

Aguston, so far, in his meek age, had sat quietly. These disputes... to be frank, he did not care which candidate came to the throne. He did not care for the undead, or petty arguments, or the grudges among those present. His realm was not quite in the middle of things, and his people could defend themselves. His lands did not need any great trade, nor did they need to be protected, and certainly, in turn, they were not the greatest contributors to the empire.

But if there was one thing that he, and his house, and his realm as a whole espoused, it was loyalty, duty, fidelity to one's liege and benevolence to one's vassals. And here was treason.

"...what? You speak... you speak, to remove the crown. You know that is treason? I am sure you do. Rahtis owes no loyalty to us, we owe loyalty to Rahtis. Their system is our system, the same as your people are ruled under the system you represent. We are part of an ordered world, part of a global system, and we are part of the empire. If you wish to leave it, or demand of it, then that is high treason, and revolt, and I have no doubt that whoever sits upon the throne will be speedy in destroying revolters."

He had not intended to burst out quite so strongly, but despite his age and his relative meekness, the Venors were still a house of venerable knights, of mighty lords, and people who knew that their power rested upon feudalism, and above them in turn. He needed to make a point. The empire's vassals were beholden to it, not the other way around.

"If you seek redress, you submit a petition, a proposal. If you did not wish to be part of this system, then your ancestors should not have submitted to the empire. But they did, and Titus had the grace to allow them to continue ruling. If you speak treason, the new Rahtis will not, I am sure, have the same leniency upon you."

Ghondra
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:32 pm

Edmond raised his eyebrows in skepticism, the elven Court Wizard who spoke up was indeed very brave, but also very foolish. The lords would have never agreed in changing the system, the same system that keeps Feudalism in place and the Lords in power, indeed she was naive to think any of the lords, even her own liege would not support her.

And then the old man spoke up, turning the little parliament of lords into an absolutely riotous affair, It was finally time for him to once again speak.

"My Lords, This simply must end, this is a back and forth between us that will never end. I must propose adjourning the parliament for the day and redress our mutual issues. Perhaps some civilized discussion between ourselves outside this assembly might lead to an end for this riot we call the Caer Ard" He faced the Duke Tellegara, the Lord High Steward; "May we be adjourned for the day?"
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:41 am

Ghondra wrote:Edmond raised his eyebrows in skepticism, the elven Court Wizard who spoke up was indeed very brave, but also very foolish. The lords would have never agreed in changing the system, the same system that keeps Feudalism in place and the Lords in power, indeed she was naive to think any of the lords, even her own liege would not support her.

And then the old man spoke up, turning the little parliament of lords into an absolutely riotous affair, It was finally time for him to once again speak.

"My Lords, This simply must end, this is a back and forth between us that will never end. I must propose adjourning the parliament for the day and redress our mutual issues. Perhaps some civilized discussion between ourselves outside this assembly might lead to an end for this riot we call the Caer Ard" He faced the Duke Tellegara, the Lord High Steward; "May we be adjourned for the day?"

Steward Belrond had been discussing things with his vassals on the subject of constitutional reform while the other lords and ladies continued their bickering. While some of the orc tribal chiefs were sympathetic to the idea of reform, it was also clear that all the vassals were at the end of the day opposed to reform because of the obvious drawbacks for the Imperial Heartlands, even the Marshes! This was good, for the steward was firmly convinced that in any context that was not the Caer Aard, he would have arrested half the persons attendant for treason.

After the request to adjourn was spoken, Kevin Tellegara tapped on Belrond's shoulder and gestured the lord from the South Plain's proposal. Thinking about it for a moment, Steward Belrond nodded, stood up and spoke
'' So, my lords and ladies, I believe it is time for this discussion to come to a close for today. I will open the next Caer Aard at 10 O'Clock tomorrow morning. In the meantime have a safe journey home and may your beds be comfortable.

However, before this meeting is over, we first have a vote on the most dire pressing issue for the Caer Aard. It is time for the realms to vote for the next heir of Orius.

I as the Steward and representative of the Imperial Heartlands, shall start, as is time-honored tradition. I vote for Cassyndra Rahtis to become the new Empress.''

Quickly glancing to see if he had the approval of his vassals, which he clearly did, he continues'' As is tradition, I as the Steward am barred from giving a reason in my vote. Whoever wishes to vote next however is allowed only two sentences to explain their reasoning for who shall be the next monarch.

I leave the vote to the floor.'''
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:31 am

House Venor

Seizing the moment, and hoping to impress upon the group what he thought was by far the most sensible choice, Aguston stood.

"I vote for the emperor's little son. By any reasoning, whether the laws of succession which dictate the eldest male child and only then the eldest female child, or by the recognition that he is best suited; Cassyndra widely thought of as addled, and his sister a female, who have indeed traditionally not led by these rules. The only legal and sensible option is the boy."

He abruptly sat down again, short proclamation of intent issued. Who would vote next? And with him, or against him?
Last edited by Alleniana on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse