NATION

PASSWORD

Planetscape (Adventure RP, OOC & Sign-ups: Semi-Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Planetscape (Adventure RP, OOC & Sign-ups: Semi-Closed)

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:25 pm

You are...well, you are normal.

You live on a place called Earth. There are many others like it, but you have never seen one of them. You do not even know they exist, really.

You are a teenage human, and you lead a simple life, all things considered: one of boredom and desire. A constant feeling that something is missing plagues your very being. You spend much of your day doing normal things, be it school, or talking to your friends on the internet. Indeed, it's where most of your friends are. You have probably only ever met a few of them in person, but you trust each one more than most people you'll ever meet. Unbeknownst to you, the feeling of missing-ness is felt by all of you.

But, like I said, none of you realize how big the universe is. Across tunnels, Astral Tunnels of Space and Time, there are worlds, most like Earth. Variations. Copies, that have been slightly edited. Some took the path of Magic, some took the road of Technology. But all of them are as mystical and incredible as any story you read in a book.

You will get to see all of these places. You will fight in all of these places, and for all these places. Because, well, you are about to become important.

Your universe, your Worldplane, is being consumed. And only you can stop it.

Will you fight?

~A Roleplay of Magic and Growth~
OP: Aona Co-OP(s): Complectuss, The Templar High Council

Hello, one and all! I'm Aona, and welcome to Planetscape, a roleplay that combines modern-day highschool characters with magical quests reminiscent of your favorite fantasy stories. In this Roleplay, life is normal for this group of friends, until the timely discovery of a magical book propels the group into a tale of universal conflict, challenge, and magic. The universe, and subsequently the paths and wormholes leading through spacetime, are breaking apart, and being absorbed. By who, you ask? As far as anyone can tell, it may not be a who. However, a massive force in the center of the universe has been sucking everything in....and it has finally reached Earth.

What makes this roleplay unique (and especially fun to play, in my opinion), is how these characters are created. Instead of the standard drawl of having to build a character's personality, traits, and quirks from the ground up, the astrological book that the characters use will do it for them! Allow me to explain:

According to an astrological book, the excellent Secret Language of Birthdays (the book this RP is inspired from), each birthday, birthweek, and relationship has its own personality. Additionally, they haven their own Titles, Symbols, and specialties. Using these minimal outlines, characters can be created more complex, diverse, and with less strain. Additionally, the symbols and titles they have shape their magical abilities, which I will now discuss in....

The Section about Riddles

Riddles aren't entirely what you think they are, based on their name. In order to gain certain powers, weapons, and abilities, A character, or characters, must complete a challenge, usually taking place in a world or location specific to them. These riddles are written in the Book, with their titles being built very specifically. These titles not only tell what their powers will be related to, but also how they will acquire them.

If it is an Individual Riddle: This Riddle relates to one person, and usually demands that they separate from the group, and challenge it alone. Occasionally, another partner can be brought along, but they will not know what to do. This Riddle's title is built by using the title of your character's Birthweek, and combining it with their Birth Aspect (which I will explain soon).

Group RIddles: These are usually more plot-centric, and require multiple people. If it requires only two, it will be named after their relationship title. If not, it will be be determined by what it means to the plot.

Important Things to Look At

Weapons are somewhat pre-determined in Planetscape, though they can be radically interpreted. Each day has a symbol, and this symbol will be loosely interpreted to be your characters weapon. In example, if my character's symbol is a pair of scissors cutting into a pinwheel (September 9th), My weapon could be a scissor blade and a throwable razor pinwheel.

These weapons will start off as being very basic, and will be upgraded through Riddles and other quests. If your day has a silly emblem, please feel free to make your weapon funny!

These two areas are the remainder of the Universe, as we know it. We'll be spending a lot of time in here.

The Worldplane is all the Nothingness left over. Any Meteors, stars, and all the rest of non-livable space is in the Worldplane. At the center of this, is a brilliant, mysterious light...

The Planetscape is a loose collection of cities, countries, and fragments of worlds that have not yet been absorbed. They are bound together by "tunnels", passages through Space and Time. Each of these worlds is uniquely different, many of them alternate Earths. While none of these places are considered "High Fantasy" or "Science Fiction", we will certainly see some fantastical elements in many different places.

This is very important. Astrologically, Each Zodiac sign belongs to one of four elements: Earth, Air, Fire, Water. However, there are three categories in every element: Cardinal (The "First"), Fixed (The one that Sinks Deepest), and Mutable (One that can Change). Using these, I created a chart to determine every character's element, and the second part of their Riddle's Title.

NOTE:: This is incredibly important. Your character's birthday determines where they fall of the Zodiac, and what element they receive. Choose wisely.

Earth:
Cardinal (C): Sand: Capricorn
FIxed (F): Rock: Taurus
Mutable (M): Metal: Virgo

Fire:
C: Lightning: Aries
F: Magma: Leo
M: Flame: Sagittarius

Water:
C: Rain: Cancer
F: Ocean: Scorpio
M: Ice: Pisces

Air:
C: Wind: Libra
F: Travel: Aquarius (Note: This is relating to Manipulation of the Worldplane. Given its OP nature, I will be accepting limited numbers of this.)
M: Sound: Gemini

THIS LINK IS YOUR GUIDE TO BIRTHDAYS, USE IT WISELY.

A Few Friendly Things to Keep in Mind:
- Hey! Are you a teen? Are you a nerd? Feel free to play yourself! Use your birthday! We won't judge ;)
- Be unique, diverse, and interesting! No great story was ever made with a bland character.
- Death is gonna happen. You can protest for a time, but if I'm set on killing your character, it's gonna happen. You can make more characters, don't worry.
- Create relationships! The other characters are your good friends, feel free to form romances, hatreds, and friendships with the other RP'ers!
- Even if the story seems a bit simple, or even confusing, I will further explain it as we go along. For now, just know there's awesome combat, magic, humor, a cool worldplane, and nifty characters. Tantalizing, right?
- Feel free to be funny! Even though there are some serious moments, humor is more than welcome here!

Rules yo:
- None of the cardinal RP'in sins (Godmodding, Metagaming, etc)
- Follow my word, and what I say. If I give someone power, please respect said power.
- No one-liners.
- Respect your fellow RP'ers.
- If you are leaving the RP, please let me know first. The same goes for temporary absences.

Now that that's all completed, it's time for The Application Process:
Code: Select all
Name:
Birthday:
Appearance:
Brief Rundown of Personality:
Title:
Weapon:
Current Life Situation:
Username:
Quirks:
RP Example:

What these mean:

Name: Obvious. Make sure it makes sense culturally.
Age: I'll allow anywhere from 13-17, but no younger or older, please.
Birthday: What birthday did you settle on giving your character? Provide a link to that day on the Secret Language site (if you're lost, follow that big link up there^)
Brief Rundown of Personality: Most of us don't want to drawl through that huge link you just put, except for me. Using key words, tell us all what your personality is in layman's terms.
Appearance: Picture, in any style, would be appreciated.
Title: Using the Week title (Not the day title, scroll down and you'll find the week one), and the Birth Aspect of your character, What is your Riddle's Title?
Weapon: What is your weapon? Be broad, we'll all get specific weapons. If you have a golden Scimitar that has a tiger claw on the back, just say "scimitar".
Current Life Situation: Where in the world is your character? What are they doing?
Username: We might use IM Chats every now and then, both before finding the book, and after. Provide your character's IM name, and their color.
Quirks: Any special little things your character likes or does?
RP Example: If I invited you, ignore this. If I didn't please tell me.

MY APP:

Name: Tod Fischer
Birthday: September 9th
Brief Rundown of Personality: Tod is a daring, bold, and cheery individual, who has a very defined sense of right and wrong and a relatively cheery (if not aggressive) persona. Easily bored, he is constantly looking for new challenges, and tends to become very apathetic when going too long without one. Overall noble, his ability to defend other and his private introspection tend to attract others, and he is overall a pretty good, laid-back friend to have.
Appearance:

Title: The Enigma of Metal
Weapon: Scissor Blade, Back-strapped Pinwheel
Current Life Situation: Todd has a ridiculously normal life. Living in Vancouver, Canada, with his Father, his mother a constantly-traveling businesswoman, he goes to school, has a few friends, plays a few games, reads a few books. He has never excelled in life, save for consistently impressive grades, and turns to the internet for purpose.
Username: auxiliary_juno (#BF80BF)
Quirks: Can casually ride a horse, Gets along well with animals, hates anything made from Tomatoes.
RP Example: Nope
Last edited by Aona on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
:^)

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

The Cast

Tod
aka auxiliary_juno
~The Enigma of Metal~
(played by Aona.)

Conan
aka ConanDaBarbarian69
~The Drama & Criticism of Wind~
(played by Saoirse o Forsa.)

Dan
aka Cre3d
~The Determination of Sand~
(played by Riysa.)

Annie
aka The_Kitten_Overlord
~The Mystery & Imagination of Travels~
(played by Charmera.)

Leo
aka A_Runner
~The Charm of the Ocean~
(played by Lunas Legion.)

Elena
aka Turambar_10
~The Society of Wind~
(played by The Starlight.)

Alex
aka explosive_gangsta
~The Charm of Flame~
(played by Lavan Tiri.)

Denis
aka Cyberlala
~The New Language of Sound~
(played by Aona.)

Sloan
aka Rizzoso
~The Power of Stone~
(played by Radio Gaga.)

Taylor
aka HEAT_2_THE_HEAD
~The Authority of Magma~
(played by The Templar High Council.)

Lara
aka bickie-ditch
~The Titan of Flame~
(played by Complectuss.)

Blake
aka itsnotindian
~The Spirit of Ice~
(played by Complectuss.)

Last edited by Aona on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

The Story Thus Far

~AONA'S ADVENTURE BOOK-O-TRONIC~

Book of the Planetscape

Act I: A Page
Last edited by Aona on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:23 pm

bumpity

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:32 pm

You need to stop making so many RPs at the same time.

Also, that Birthdays thingy is weirdly accurate concerning myself.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:You need to stop making so many RPs at the same time.

they always are, and I have no idea why :P

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Aona wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:You need to stop making so many RPs at the same time.

they always are, and I have no idea why :P

They're obviously part of the Illuminati.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Aona wrote:they always are, and I have no idea why :P

They're obviously part of the Illuminati.

obviously

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Name: Donald "Meta" O'Knox
Birthday:
http://www.thesecretlanguage.com/report/personology/?r=1110

Appearance:

Brief Rundown of Personality: Creative, Self-Assured, Attractive, Phlegmatic, Particular, Repetitive.
Title: Solved Metamorphosis
Weapon: The picture shows a butterfly and a Caterpillar so I suppose those are the weapon. However if its symbolic I suppose the weapon would be the ability to change your form.
Current Life Situation: Lives in Toronto. Has a traditional "Nuclear" Family, Enjoys reading Novels and enjoys school. Attends Cadets. Gets fair grades (Lower 80's average)
Username: DrillSergeant_Delta
Quirks: Likes to Read and study history, Has a fantastic long term memory but a comparatively poor short term memory. Notices Everything. Enjoys talking but dislikes dishonesty and Theft. Enjoys making peoples day with truthful complements.
Rp example:
Last edited by Cainesland on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Cainesland wrote:Name: Donald "Meta" O'Knox
Birthday: Nov. 10
Appearance:
Brief Rundown of Personality: Creative, Self-Assured, Attractive, Phlegmatic, Particular, Repetitive.
Title: Solved Metamorphosis
Weapon: The picture shows a butterfly and a Caterpillar so I suppose those are the weapon. However if its symbolic I suppose the weapon would be the ability to change your form.
Current Life Situation: Lives in Toronto. Has a traditional "Nuclear" Family, Enjoys reading Novels and enjoys school. Attends Cadets. Gets fair grades (Lower 80's average)
Username: DrillSergeant_Delta
Quirks: Likes to Read and study history, Has a fantastic long term memory but a comparatively poor short term memory. Notices Everything. Enjoys talking but dislikes dishonesty and Theft. Enjoys making peoples day with truthful complements.
Rp example:

Declined, sorry

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:51 pm

I still need to link my page and provide an rp example but besides that why have I been declined?

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Cainesland wrote:I still need to link my page and provide an rp example but besides that why have I been declined?

It isn't really formatted correctly, and you seem to just be sticking to the site a bit too much. My apologies, I just wasn't feeling it.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Aona wrote:
Cainesland wrote:I still need to link my page and provide an rp example but besides that why have I been declined?

It isn't really formatted correctly, and you seem to just be sticking to the site a bit too much. My apologies, I just wasn't feeling it.

Fair enough, when you said a brief run through of personality it sounded like you wanted me to write down what the site said. Also I was following your app format to the letter. But if that is not what I am suppose to do I'm not sure what is needed. Apology accepted.

Edit. My mistake, apparently I took the day title instead of the week title.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Tag
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Tarnen wrote:Hi.

hello child

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Tag!
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Tag. Might edit my planned birthday, but I'm still being a Leo.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Name: Annabel "Annie/Ann" Walters
Birthday: January 18th
http://www.thesecretlanguage.com/report ... r=20150118
Appearance: WIP
Brief Rundown of Personality: Annie is fun loving and joy seeking, though naive and sometimes immature. She irresponsible yet adventure seeking (Wherever an adventure might be), much preferring to have fun and excitement then having to deal with the realities of life. She's fun to have around, but she can be hard to understand, as she seems to take joy in even the most menial and ordinary of things. An eternal optimist, she can find the best in any situation and takes joy in cheering people up with her upbeat attitude. The only time she becomes sad is when she's disillusioned and faced with the reality of her situation.
Title: Mystery (and Imagination) of Sand
Weapon: A skeletal gauntlet which resembles the head of a predator fish in design with her hands visible through the gaps in the teeth of the weapon, and a bag of feathered Javelins which look almost like ye olde pens.
Current Life Situation: WIP
Username: WIP
Quirks: Has a nickname for everyone, ranges from a little quiet to loud and excited, from talking very fast and excitedly to calm and deliberate, a bad habit of sneaking up on people and an ability to find almost anything in the world cute.
RP Example: Come onnnn you know me…
Fine. Almost Gods and Relay.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PLt92XaX390/U ... hone_m.jpg
I'm torn between these two as images.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d-vtx77IFHg/T ... -_0141.jpg

Also, expect another character once this is done.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Charmera wrote:Name: Annabel "Annie/Ann" Walters
Birthday: January 18th
http://www.thesecretlanguage.com/report ... r=20150118
Appearance: WIP
Brief Rundown of Personality: Annie is fun loving and joy seeking, though naive and sometimes immature. She irresponsible yet adventure seeking (Wherever an adventure might be), much preferring to have fun and excitement then having to deal with the realities of life. She's fun to have around, but she can be hard to understand, as she seems to take joy in even the most menial and ordinary of things. An eternal optimist, she can find the best in any situation and takes joy in cheering people up with her upbeat attitude. The only time she becomes sad is when she's disillusioned and faced with the reality of her situation.
Title: Mystery (and Imagination) of Sand
Weapon: A skeletal gauntlet which resembles the head of a predator fish in design with her hands visible through the gaps in the teeth of the weapon, and a bag of feathered Javelins which look almost like ye olde pens.
Current Life Situation: WIP
Username: WIP
Quirks: Has a nickname for everyone, ranges from a little quiet to loud and excited, from talking very fast and excitedly to calm and deliberate, a bad habit of sneaking up on people and an ability to find almost anything in the world cute.
RP Example: Come onnnn you know me…
Fine. Almost Gods and Relay.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PLt92XaX390/U ... hone_m.jpg
I'm torn between these two as images.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d-vtx77IFHg/T ... -_0141.jpg

Also, expect another character once this is done.

I like it so far! The nicknames thing sounds awesome 8)
As for the pictures, I'd say the Blonde one. Once the CLS and Username is up, most likely accepted.

Saoirse o Forsa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saoirse o Forsa » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Name: Conan Aherne
Birthday: October 20
Appearance:

Brief Rundown of Personality: Charismatic, excessive, intelligent and highly emotional(which does lead to clashes), sees fashion and looks as a means of self-expression, can be a perfectionist, can be blunt at times, is affectionate, can be stubborn, is efficient, is realistic, has a need to have some environmental control, and places sensuality and sexuality as high things
Title: The Drama & Criticism of Air
Weapon: A toy poodle sidekick, A fan hat for floating
Current Life Situation: Currently, him and his family are vacationing in Borneo. Both his parents are wealthy as they do stocks, and Conan went to an all boys private academy. Is rather popular at the school, though often seen as weird. He recently got a toy poodle named Alexander the Great. Is out to only a select group of people.
Username: ConanDaBarbarian69
Quirks: He absolutely LOVES thin mints; he has an obsession with Doctor Who; he has this ring on his thumb that he does not take off; he will talk his thoughts aloud at times; tends to give tmi a lot; talks baby talk to his dog; he either wears an outfit once, or weeks on end, there is no middle ground
RP Example: Hah

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Saoirse o Forsa wrote:Name: Conan Aherne
Appearance:
Brief Rundown of Personality: Charismatic, excessive, intelligent and highly emotional(which does lead to clashes), sees fashion and looks as a means of self-expression, can be a perfectionist, can be blunt at times, is affectionate, can be stubborn, is efficient, is realistic, has a need to have some environmental control, and places sensuality and sexuality as high things
Current Life Situation: Currently, him and his family are vacationing in Borneo. Both his parents are wealthy as they do stocks, and Conan went to an all boys private academy. Is rather popular at the school, though often seen as weird. He recently got a toy poodle named Alexander the Great. Is out to only a select group of people.
Quirks: He absolutely LOVES thin mints; he has an obsession with Doctor Who; he has this ring on his thumb that he does not take off; he will talk his thoughts aloud at times; tends to give tmi a lot; talks baby talk to his dog; he either wears an outfit once, or weeks on end, there is no middle ground

And is also super gay I'm sure :P

Accpeted~

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Aona wrote:
Saoirse o Forsa wrote:Name: Conan Aherne
Appearance:

And is also super gay I'm sure :P

Accpeted~

That just goes without saying Aona, at least majority of the time. Also MIK :hug:
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Tarnen wrote:That just goes without saying Aona, at least majority of the time. Also MIK :hug:

fair enough :p
Make your app you lazy dingdong

Saoirse o Forsa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saoirse o Forsa » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Tarnen wrote:
Aona wrote:And is also super gay I'm sure :P

Accpeted~

That just goes without saying Aona, at least majority of the time. Also MIK :hug:

I better not be getting typecasted here now!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse