NATION

PASSWORD

Thread six gamers: 4 (The Just thread)

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

How do YOU game?

Console (Please Specify)
16%
PC
48%
Arcade
No votes
Anything and Everything
28%
Other
2%
Something witty
7%

Total votes : 385

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Thread six gamers: 4 (The Just thread)

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 pm

The obligatory copy and paste of the previous op:

Corrian wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:One plus one equals two. One plus two equals two. Two plus two equals two. There is nothing higher than two here, violators will be shot.

Original thread here, second one made by The Corparation here.

The people have spoken and it looks like I'm the OP for this installment of the Thread for Gamers. How did this happen? I didn't even want the job. Well, whatever, five hundred pages and I can shove it off on someone else and go retire to some beach down south and I'm rambling now aren't I?

So, NSG, once again the question is asked: how do you game? Console, PC, phone, arcade? Pinball? Pencil and paper? Board? We don't judge here, except for the utterly ridiculous amount of judging everybody does all the time. Don't lie, we all know it's true.

Anyways, I personally like PC gaming, although due to technical limitations and lack of a budget to upgrade I've mostly been stuck playing GTA V on my PS3. Also have a Wii but I haven't used it in Jesus Christ I don't even remember how long.

And with that, welcome to the latest incarnation of the Thread For Gamers! Have fun, try not to get banned, and remember that two plus two equals two!

Just one more addition. Please keep civil, abide by the forum rules, and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

Now, as was set down by all the laws of Westeros The Gaming thread and of NationsStates I have taken the mantle of OP from Good King Corrian. It was a long and arduous affair but a just one none the less, for now I am the rightful King and lord of this realm and all its citizens, be they Consolites, PCers, denizens of the Nintendo Hold or what ever.

All will bend the knee and submit to my authority, or I will destroy them as I crushed the upstart usurpers that opposed my claim, you know who you are...

Remember to have fun, be civil with each other, yes discuss if one platform/genre/what ever is superior to another one, just dont be a dick about it and respect other peoples preferences and what not okay? Or ill send you to the wall or mount your head on a pike outside the throne room. Now off you go and discuss game related things in this, the fifth (and just) incarnation of the gaming thread.

also behold stannis, and stannis with more stannis

edit: Here is also a depository of other gaming threads for specific games or franchises that games based upon them: (Thank you Lysset, for the idea)

Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:34 pm

HNNG! First post. :p

Just started playing battlefront 1 again.

The nostalgia.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Well this oughtta be a fun thread.

Anyway, an entry I saw on the TV Tropes page for the original X-COM.

Deconstruction: Of children's cartoon series such as G.I. Joe and Transformers. X-COM is a team of elite soldiers who wear cool-looking armor and have a fancy Cool Ship that they travel the world in to save the world from goofy-looking aliens... and then suffer a relentlessly high fatality rate, crippling technological inferiority, and severe funding troubles. Anyone Can Die, often in rather brutal ways, and 50% or higher casualty rates are common in successful missions, with failures usually resulting in no survivors whatsoever. The cool-looking armor is good for little else besides appearance. The Cool Ship costs ludicrous amount of money to lease and is completely unarmed. The goofy-looking aliens outnumber us over a thousand to one and have technology that outstrips ours to such a degree that X-COM might as well be fighting them with sticks. The Man in Washington will happily cut funding at the drop of a hat, even if there's a UFO landing outside the White House. It is not a very pleasant situation.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:42 pm

The balkens wrote:HNNG! First post. :p

The nostalgia.

Battlefront 2 is in my top 10 games of all time.
behold, a signature.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:43 pm

The balkens wrote:HNNG! First post. :p

The nostalgia.

1 was fun, but 2 managed to improve it in almost every way.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Slorch
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:43 pm

But 4-6 is not 3...
"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II
Slorch wrote:click the 'wrote' button.
Nua Corda wrote:click the 'wrote' button.

Fluttershy is Best pony

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Stannis is a pretender not fit to wipe the lion's boots!

Anyway, here's my 10 favorite games/series just to up the thread a little! Mostly just series, but in AC's case, that was one of the few games in the series that I truly loved.

10. Mount & Blade
9. Metro
8. Total War
7. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
6. GTA
5. Star Wars - Battlefront
4. Halo
3. Dishonored
2. Bioshock
1. Fallout
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Not one link to Stannis The Mannis?

Worst OP 2015.
Souseiseki wrote:as a posting career in the UK Poltics Thread becomes longer, the probability of literally becoming souseiseki approaches 1

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:56 pm

The Matthew Islands wrote:Not one link to Stannis The Mannis?

Worst OP 2015.

Do you not see the three gifs of him at the bottom?
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:17 pm

The Matthew Islands wrote:Not one link to Stannis The Mannis?

Worst OP 2015.

Fail
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Anyone play the Elder Scrolls Online?
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:28 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:Anyone play the Elder Scrolls Online?

I stopped playing when I realized how terrible it was.
behold, a signature.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:Anyone play the Elder Scrolls Online?

How terrible was it?
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Arstotzkas wrote:

How terrible was it?

10 on my worst games of 2014
behold, a signature.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:38 pm

I recently got Kerbal Space Program. Any advice for how not to use way too much fuel?
piss

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Shaggai wrote:I recently got Kerbal Space Program. Any advice for how not to use way too much fuel?

Moar boosters.
~~~~~~~~

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Shaggai wrote:I recently got Kerbal Space Program. Any advice for how not to use way too much fuel?

Add more rockets.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:47 pm

God fucking dammit, Vahlen, if you want me to bring in live aliens you need to give me stun guns that actually fucking work!
~~~~~~~~

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:01 pm

>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Licana wrote:

The Corparation wrote:Yesterday my friend showed me this:

Today I did this:
http://i.imgur.com/xmRRIiv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Du9fhH0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5LYDk5C.jpg
After these images things went amazing relatively quickly. Mission Commander Jedidiah reported massive spikes in engine temperature over the next ten seconds. At approximately T + 16 seconds The 99 Boosters spacecraft suffered a critical multiengine failure. Several key engines overheated and exploded. The explosion of those engines led to the separation of around 2/3s of the remaining engines, which spiraled off and exploded gloriously. After this event around 20 SRBs remained, all of which still provided full thrust. At T + 31 Seconds atmospheric heating effects took hold, this could have been fatal if Deadly Reentry was currently enabled. It was not and thus the spacecraft continued on though the light show until the engines burned out around T + 35 seconds, after which the crew capsule separated and entered a suborbital trajectory, after which the capsule parachuted safely to the ground. Mission was deemed highly successful

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:07 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:God fucking dammit, Vahlen, if you want me to bring in live aliens you need to give me stun guns that actually fucking work!

"Why do I have to get into touching distance of an alien that will maul off my face"

"For science private"
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:God fucking dammit, Vahlen, if you want me to bring in live aliens you need to give me stun guns that actually fucking work!

Meanwhile, in the long war, the best possible chance of success you can have with the arc thrower is 58%. :>
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Slorch
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:38 pm

Add more struts.
"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II
Slorch wrote:click the 'wrote' button.
Nua Corda wrote:click the 'wrote' button.

Fluttershy is Best pony

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:30 pm

HOLY SHIT.

LYCAN MEGACARRY COMMEND PLEASE GGWP WTF SWAAAAAG NOSCOPED.

21 3 8 final score bitches! 554GPM average, 667XPM average.

I CARRIED MY TEAM SO HARD OMG.

We started out so far behind. We were 8 - 1 in kills, with 1 dc. Then I got my ult and stopped my teammates from dying by killing everybody. Then our dc reconnected. #Score.

Our first row of towers was entirely destroyed, and our 2nd middle tower was as well. Then I started pushing.

Get my wolves up, shapeshift and HOLY SHIT THOSE TOWERS WENT DOWN SOOOOOO FAST.

Then our other 2nd row towers went down. Got a bunch more kills teamfighting at mid. Of course, every time I encountered a solo hero I killed them, unless I was too low.

Then I pushed 3 towers in a row (The enemy's last 2nd row tower, and their middle and bottom 2nd row towers). Then I got their 3rd row top tower to a sliver of health. Gj. All the while getting more kills. Then, I had to run away to base because otherwise I would die (Or did I die? I don't even remember right now.) I respawn, push the last two towers right in front of their ancient. Our creeps were busy fighting their creeps. No problem :P. I have Assault Cuirass, Skull Basher, Desolator, Boots of Travel, Vladimir's Mask, Necromicon. I just get up my illusions, my wolves and shapeshift, press w and focus all of my attack on the ancient. It went down from full to 0 in less than 5 seconds.

I could've built the basher into an Abyssal Blade too, as I had the gold but I decided not to.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Slorch wrote:

Add more struts.
Wisconsin9 wrote:

Moar boosters.

I created a rocket using your suggestions. Here it is in flight (I forgot to take a screenshot on the landing pad). Here's a view from above. It initially did quite well, rising very quickly and hitting reentry velocity near the end. Here it is with the reentry effects on it. Unfortunately, something went wrong with the decoupler. I think the separation of the first stage tore off some of the fuel tanks and engines from the second, making it unbalanced. I had thought ahead, though, and I had put five parachutes on the thing in order to preserve all of the science (which wasn't much, to be honest). The final result was this.
piss

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction