NATION

PASSWORD

MQ-21 Sub-launched UCAV [DO NOT POST]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

MQ-21 Sub-launched UCAV [DO NOT POST]

Postby Pharthan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:22 am

MQ-21 WASP
Sub-Launched Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle

Deviantart Page
RESTRICTION LEVEL TWO
Unit Cost:$35 Million
DPR Cost: $35 Billion
MQ-21 Wasp Sub-launched Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle
Stats:
Crew: 0 (1 Remote Operator)
Length: 34ft
Fuselage Width: 5 feet
Wingspan: (Unfolded) - 14ft
Height: 5ft (Folded) - 6 ft (Unfolded)
Powerplant: 1x Asimov Q-5, 15,000lbf

Performance:
Maximum speed: Mach 1.1
Cruise speed: Mach .7+ est
Combat radius: 950 mi
Service ceiling: 40,000 ft

Avionics:
AESA radar
Distributed Aperture System (DAS) missile warning system
Electronic Warfare Suite
Multifunction Advanced Data Link (MADL) communication system

Armament:
Based on Modular Loadout Configuration Bay: (One of the following)
- 1 Cruise Missile
- 4 Air-to-Air Missiles or Strike Missiles
- 8 Small Air-to-Air or Air-to-Ground missiles
- 2 Air-to-Air Missiles & 1 2000lbs bomb/guided munitions
- 2 2000lbs bombs/guided munitions

DESCRIPTION
The Wasp UCAV is a multi-role sub-launched unmanned combat aerial vehicle, utilized primarily as air-defense for Ballistic Missile Submarines or special-operations support. It is controlled remotely from land-based control centers, or from on-submarine control.

The Wasp is launched from a standard SLBM tube via air pressure. After breaking the surface, the UCAV unfolds it's wings and air-intake covers slid up into the body of the aircraft and the exhaust nacelle opens. The wings, forward canards, and aft stabilizers hydraulically unfold as the engine ignites.

When performing a recovery, the Wasp flies to a predetermined location and slows itself down. The vectored-thrust nacelle closes, as do the air-intake covers, waterproofing the aircraft from the ocean. A parachute deploys, slowing it enough for a ground or waterborne recovery. In the event of a waterborne recovery, the aircraft is forward-bouyant, so that it sinks down beneath the waves tail-first, finding it's neutral bouyancy point ten feet below the water, where it reels it's parachute back in.

To recover the Wasp, the submarine deploys a tethered USV from the tube the UCAV is to be stored in. The USV latches to the aft end of the UCAV and drags the UCAV tail-first back into the tube, which is then drained to allow the UCAV to be serviced internally to the submarine.

The Wasp features a modular weapon's payload. When configured for reconnaissance, the Wasp is launched without a the detachable payload bay; in other configurations the Wasp is fitted with an appropriate payload bay for whichever weapon's configuration is suitable.

Warfare Roles of the MQ-21 Wasp
  • Attack (Air-to-Surface/Ground)
  • Air Superiority
  • Reconnaissance
Last edited by Pharthan on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:34 am

RESERVED
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:34 am

RESERVED
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

Return to Factbooks and National Information