NATION

PASSWORD

Ban on atheism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should atheism be illegal?

YES
43
10%
NO
388
90%
 
Total votes : 431

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53474
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:32 am

-Shie- wrote:Atheism shouldn't be illegal because that would mean that governments take it seriously. Just laugh the atheists out of the room and remove them if they get too rowdy. We'll have our pure wives, our moral family, and brotherhood. Leave them with nothing. Spiders and flies are a nuisance but we crush them and continue. It's just a phase.

Well, aren't you humble?
The Fabulous Pope of NS


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
All Natural France
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 366
Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby All Natural France » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:33 am

Elwher wrote:
Eastern Equestria wrote:
Athiesm is simply the absence of belief in a god, regardless of the person's stance on his existence.

Why is that so hard to understand?


Atheist - a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Agnostic - a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

Atheism is the active disbelief in God, which is just as unprovable as the belief in God.

Couldn't be wrong.[/sarcasm]
-Shie- wrote:Atheism shouldn't be illegal because that would mean that governments take it seriously. Just laugh the atheists out of the room and remove them if they get too rowdy. We'll have our pure wives, our moral family, and brotherhood.Leave them with nothing. Spiders and flies are a nuisance but we crush them and continue. It's just a phase.

I have a feeling you're high, because what you said is...not even a argument.
Last edited by All Natural France on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Shakira France. A.K.A: Best country. You will never be above this country
An Agnostic Christian without regards to Sexuality
I do not believe the Bible is a foolproof way to represent Christianity or history.

Pro: Shakira, Rights for everyone, People who self-describe as "Weird", LGBT Rights, Animal Rights, Abortion(In almost all occasions), Acceptance, Secularism, Evolution, etc
Neutral: N/A
Formerly: Nothing. Add 0+ Posts.

Anti: Bible Thumping, Creationism, ISIS, The Bible's inaccuracies, People defining "The Norm", Evangelism with the intent to convert, being labeled with a sexuality, PETA, Theocracy, Anthropocentrism, etc

User avatar
Fanosolia
Senator
 
Posts: 3796
Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanosolia » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:33 am

How does one ban not believing something?
This user is a Canadian who identifies as Social Market Liberal with shades of Civil Libertarianism.


User avatar
Salandriagado
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17577
Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Salandriagado » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 am

Shallia wrote:i just gonna say this before i leave. the bible is the worlds greatest storybook and guys....stories are fictional.


It's really not. It's a pretty shit storybook, all things considered. Lacks any kind of coherent narrative, and the characters are mostly one dimensional.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

User avatar
Dyakovo
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 83162
Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 am

Aelex wrote:I don't think you know about the "Pari de Pascal"...
It can be quite interesting for ya... :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager

We know about Pascal's Wager. It's crap.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

User avatar
New HastoffMaljagan
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 54
Founded: Dec 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New HastoffMaljagan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 am

The sad thing is that the person who made this thread is probably American. :palm: A country founded on Classical Liberal beliefs ends up being more religous than Europe.
Last edited by New HastoffMaljagan on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm 15 at the moment so be prepared for uninformed statements

User avatar
All Natural France
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 366
Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby All Natural France » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 am

Fanosolia wrote:How does one ban not believing something?

Discrimination exists at least.
Welcome to Shakira France. A.K.A: Best country. You will never be above this country
An Agnostic Christian without regards to Sexuality
I do not believe the Bible is a foolproof way to represent Christianity or history.

Pro: Shakira, Rights for everyone, People who self-describe as "Weird", LGBT Rights, Animal Rights, Abortion(In almost all occasions), Acceptance, Secularism, Evolution, etc
Neutral: N/A
Formerly: Nothing. Add 0+ Posts.

Anti: Bible Thumping, Creationism, ISIS, The Bible's inaccuracies, People defining "The Norm", Evangelism with the intent to convert, being labeled with a sexuality, PETA, Theocracy, Anthropocentrism, etc

User avatar
Iradicea
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Iradicea » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 am

Rapanatcha wrote:
Iradicea wrote:OP is obviously a troll. There is just no chance that he or she is so extremely daft like that.


I would not be so sure...


Oh, well. Maybe OP is serious, but mate, I so hope he isn't...

User avatar
Lunalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 621
Founded: Oct 19, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lunalia » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:36 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Shallia wrote:i just gonna say this before i leave. the bible is the worlds greatest storybook and guys....stories are fictional.


It's really not. It's a pretty shit storybook, all things considered. Lacks any kind of coherent narrative, and the characters are mostly one dimensional.

Plus most storybooks tend to encourage a set of ethics, like several stories that say it's wrong to force your wife to be a prostitute, it's wrong to have sex with your daughters... oh wait...
Last edited by Lunalia on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wikkiwallana wrote:
Auralia wrote:
The Catholic Church teaches that participation in gay "commitment ceremonies" is wrong.

You may not have noticed, but New Mexico is not located in Vatican City.

User avatar
Imsogone
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7280
Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:37 am

Liriena wrote:
Shallia wrote:the bible is the worlds greatest storybook

No. The Romance of the Three Kingdoms is.


I'm not sure about Romance of the Three Kingdoms as quality literature, but, as literature (even without reading it) it's probably better than the Bible. Really, the Bible has no real plot or character development - it's inconsistent and choppy. Thematically, it's all over the place. It's barely readable. It is, however, better than anything by Ayn Rand.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

User avatar
Dyakovo
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 83162
Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:37 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Scomagia wrote:0/10 for contribution.


The letters of your name are green so guess what that means?

That he's ripe?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

User avatar
Lost heros
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9622
Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 am

-Shie- wrote:Atheism shouldn't be illegal because that would mean that governments take it seriously. Just laugh the atheists out of the room and remove them if they get too rowdy. We'll have our pure wives, our moral family, and brotherhood. Leave them with nothing. Spiders and flies are a nuisance but we crush them and continue. It's just a phase.

What ever happened to love thy neighbor?
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.


You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

User avatar
Sahrani South
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 384
Founded: Jul 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sahrani South » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 am

-All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.

-Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)

-The Bible says atheism is wrong, and the Bible is always right (see: Genesis 1:1, Psalms 14:1, Psalms 19:1, Romans 1:19-20)

-Some famous atheists have shown they occasionally have doubts about their disbelief, which proves that all atheists really do believe in God. Of course, no Christian has ever doubted the existence of God.

-Everybody who has ever been in the army will tell you that there are no atheists in foxholes. That is, once they are in danger of death, the atheist will strip himself of his irrational disbelief in God, and come to admit he believed in God all along.

-Communism, which is inherently evil, is founded by atheism, and all atheists are probably secret communists.

-Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical.

-Everything in the universe shows obvious and undeniable signs that it was created by a mind far superior to our own.

-a lot of mass murderers were atheists, and all atheists, having no morality to guide them, are only a bad day away from going on a genocide spree. There have no exactly zero cases on Christian mass murderers throughout all of history.

-no atheists contribute to charitable causes, and all Christians do. This is because of atheist's beliefs in Darwinism.

-I quote: "The Barna Group found regarding atheism and morality that those who hold to the worldviews of atheism or agnosticism in America were more likely, than theists in America, to look upon the following behaviors as morally acceptable: illegal drug use; excessive drinking; sexual relationships outside of marriage; abortion; cohabitating with someone of opposite sex outside of marriage; obscene language; gambling; pornography and obscene sexual behavior; and engaging in homosexuality/bisexuality" Despicable.

-I quote: "
Atheism The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs."


-atheists don't believe in miracles, although many Christian philosophers disagree.


-atheism cannot explain the origins of the universe, therefore God exists.


-Atheists have more mental and physical health problems than Christians. This is attributed to theists having something more to life for. Therefore, God exists.



-Friedrich Nietzsche went crazy and was an atheist, therefore atheism drove him insane (although there is an ongoing debate on the matter...)


-Countries with large numbers of atheists have higher suicide rates, therefore atheism makes you want to kill yourself. Of course they would take the easy way out, not realizing like normal people that God sends suicide cases to hell.


-Sigmund Freud said religious belief was unhealthy


-many famous atheists tell lies, atheists are deceptive.



-Fewer people believe now as opposed to 20 number of years ago in evolution, therefore evolutionary theory is wrong and by proxy atheism is wrong, since it's the same thing.


-Non-Christians are more likely to believe in silly superstitions, like palm reading and astronomy (note: Non-Christian = atheist). Christians believe only in the cold, hard logical of the world around them.


-Some theologians say atheist is on the decline, therefore it is. However, this is no reason to lose caution of the atheist threat!



-there is a pro-atheist bias in the liberal controlled media, but as we know from stated above that atheism is on the decline, this hardly matters.


-Causes of atheism: moral depravity, rebellion, superficiality, error, state churches, poor relationship with father, division in religion, learned times, peace, and prosperity, negative experiences with theists, scientism.



-atheists question why evil exists since God is good, but don't ask why good exists if God isn't real.


-early scientists were Christian


-Sir Francis Bacon said he'd rather belief in any silly old legend then believe that God doesn't exist


-Some Christian apologists have problems with the beliefs of Bertrand Russell



-Creation scientists tend to win creation-evolution debates


-Notable atheists have converted to Christianity. The reverse never happens.
Last edited by Sahrani South on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Thomas McLaughlin-Murray
His Majesty's Ambassador to the WA

Factbook of the Kingdom of Sahrani South

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34194
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am

Sahrani South wrote:The majority of devout Christians would love to see atheism banned.


That's nice. It makes me LOVE the establishment clause. Religion is fine if you wish to live by it. Where most fail is expecting others to live by it.

If you don't believe in god, then read the bible.


I have and how does that prove his existence?

Human rights are based on freedom of religion etc., which menas you can believe in god any way you want (Catholic, Baptist, Methodist etc.) but you must believe.


No that is not right at all. Freedom of Religion means you can practice your religion with fear of others preventing you or punishing you.

Freedom of religion does not mean no religion.


Freedom of Religion also means Freedom from Religion. That is why we have the Wall.

USA even say "In God we trust"


Soooooo...... In God we Trust money?

so to all Atheists: READ THE HOLY SCRIPTURE!


Why?

Atheism has caused the ruin of this world by taking prayer out of schools


It doesn't belong in school. Teachers are supposed to teach and education.

and legalizing abortions and gay-marriage,


Athiests may support that those but they are not the reason for them.

On abortion:

Christians (speaking for the US) should end their hypocristy of "it's about saving children" and step up and empty out the system of all children needing homes. When we have a problem of people wanting to adopt and there are no children, then we can talk about abortion.

On Gay marriage:

It doesn't hurt you and it helps protect the people involved. Visitation rights in the hospital for example, insurance, declaration of assets.

Life example without the story. A Christian family who disowns their son for being gay does not deserve the right of denying his lover visitation and they don't deserve his assets after death.


being able to practice legally what can only be called evil.


What you may call evil. I Love the establishment clause.

Atheism is the reason crime and war is so rampant.


That is a lie. Unless of course you can prove it.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Imsogone
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7280
Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am

Sahrani South wrote:-All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.

-Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)

-The Bible says atheism is wrong, and the Bible is always right (see: Genesis 1:1, Psalms 14:1, Psalms 19:1, Romans 1:19-20)

-Some famous atheists have shown they occasionally have doubts about their disbelief, which proves that all atheists really do believe in God. Of course, no Christian has ever doubted the existence of God.

-Everybody who has ever been in the army will tell you that there are no atheists in foxholes. That is, once they are in danger of death, the atheist will strip himself of his irrational disbelief in God, and come to admit he believed in God all along.

-Communism, which is inherently evil, is founded by atheism, and all atheists are probably secret communists.

-Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical.

-Everything in the universe shows obvious and undeniable signs that it was created by a mind far superior to our own.

-a lot of mass murderers were atheists, and all atheists, having no morality to guide them, are only a bad day away from going on a genocide spree. There have no exactly zero cases on Christian mass murderers throughout all of history.

-no atheists contribute to charitable causes, and all Christians do. This is because of atheist's beliefs in Darwinism.

-I quote: "The Barna Group found regarding atheism and morality that those who hold to the worldviews of atheism or agnosticism in America were more likely, than theists in America, to look upon the following behaviors as morally acceptable: illegal drug use; excessive drinking; sexual relationships outside of marriage; abortion; cohabitating with someone of opposite sex outside of marriage; obscene language; gambling; pornography and obscene sexual behavior; and engaging in homosexuality/bisexuality" Despicable.

-I quote: "
Atheism The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs."


-atheists don't believe in miracles, although many Christian philosophers disagree.


-atheism cannot explain the origins of the universe, therefore God exists.


-Atheists have more mental and physical health problems than Christians. This is attributed to theists having something more to life for. Therefore, God exists.



-Friedrich Nietzsche went crazy and was an atheist, therefore atheism drove him insane (although there is an ongoing debate on the matter...)


-Countries with large numbers of atheists have higher suicide rates, therefore atheism makes you want to kill yourself. Of course they would take the easy way out, not realizing like normal people that God sends suicide cases to hell. Also, developed nations also tend to have higher rates of both atheism and suicide, so we must conclude that technology and wealth are evil.


-Sigmund Freud said religious belief was unhealthy, but many doctors think Freud is wrong, therefore atheism is evil.


-many famous atheists tell lies, therefore atheists are deceptive.



-Fewer people believe now as opposed to x number of years ago (usually around twenty) in evolution, therefore evolutionary theory is wrong and by proxy atheism is wrong, since it's the same thing.


-Non-Christians are more likely to believe in silly superstitions, like palm reading and astronomy (note: Non-Christian = atheist). Christians believe only in the cold, hard logical of the world around them.


-Some theologians say atheist is on the decline, therefore it is. However, this is no reason to lose caution of the atheist threat!



-there is a pro-atheist bias in the liberal controlled media, but as we know from stated above that atheism is on the decline, this hardly matters.


-Causes of atheism (I quote): moral depravity, rebellion, superficiality, error, state churches, poor relationship with father, division in religion, learned times, peace, and prosperity, negative experiences with theists, scientism.



-atheists question why evil exists since God is good, but don't ask why good exists if God isn't real.


-early scientists were Christian, therefore Christianity owns a monopoly on science and atheists are not allowed to say there is discrepancy between the beliefs in the two.


-Sir Francis Bacon said he'd rather belief in any silly old legend then believe that God doesn't exist


-Some Christian apologists have problems with the beliefs of Bertrand Russell



-Creation scientists tend to win creation-evolution debates


-Notable atheists have converted to Christianity. The reverse never happens.


The Farce is strong in this one.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

User avatar
Iradicea
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Iradicea » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am

OK, OP is a troll, period. :lol2:

User avatar
The Alma Mater
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16247
Founded: May 23, 2004
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am

Sahrani South wrote:
-All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.

-Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)

-The Bible says atheism is wrong, and the Bible is always right (see: Genesis 1:1, Psalms 14:1, Psalms 19:1, Romans 1:19-20)

-Some famous atheists have shown they occasionally have doubts about their disbelief, which proves that all atheists really do believe in God. Of course, no Christian has ever doubted the existence of God.

-Everybody who has ever been in the army will tell you that there are no atheists in foxholes. That is, once they are in danger of death, the atheist will strip himself of his irrational disbelief in God, and come to admit he believed in God all along.

-Communism, which is inherently evil, is founded by atheism, and all atheists are probably secret communists.

-Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical.

-Everything in the universe shows obvious and undeniable signs that it was created by a mind far superior to our own.

-a lot of mass murderers were atheists, and all atheists, having no morality to guide them, are only a bad day away from going on a genocide spree. There have no exactly zero cases on Christian mass murderers throughout all of history.

-no atheists contribute to charitable causes, and all Christians do. This is because of atheist's beliefs in Darwinism.

-I quote: "The Barna Group found regarding atheism and morality that those who hold to the worldviews of atheism or agnosticism in America were more likely, than theists in America, to look upon the following behaviors as morally acceptable: illegal drug use; excessive drinking; sexual relationships outside of marriage; abortion; cohabitating with someone of opposite sex outside of marriage; obscene language; gambling; pornography and obscene sexual behavior; and engaging in homosexuality/bisexuality" Despicable.

-I quote: "
Atheism The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs."


-atheists don't believe in miracles, although many Christian philosophers disagree.


-atheism cannot explain the origins of the universe, therefore God exists.


-Atheists have more mental and physical health problems than Christians. This is attributed to theists having something more to life for. Therefore, God exists.



-Friedrich Nietzsche went crazy and was an atheist, therefore atheism drove him insane (although there is an ongoing debate on the matter...)


-Countries with large numbers of atheists have higher suicide rates, therefore atheism makes you want to kill yourself. Of course they would take the easy way out, not realizing like normal people that God sends suicide cases to hell. Also, developed nations also tend to have higher rates of both atheism and suicide, so we must conclude that technology and wealth are evil.


-Sigmund Freud said religious belief was unhealthy, but many doctors think Freud is wrong, therefore atheism is evil.


-many famous atheists tell lies, therefore atheists are deceptive.



-Fewer people believe now as opposed to x number of years ago (usually around twenty) in evolution, therefore evolutionary theory is wrong and by proxy atheism is wrong, since it's the same thing.


-Non-Christians are more likely to believe in silly superstitions, like palm reading and astronomy (note: Non-Christian = atheist). Christians believe only in the cold, hard logical of the world around them.


-Some theologians say atheist is on the decline, therefore it is. However, this is no reason to lose caution of the atheist threat!



-there is a pro-atheist bias in the liberal controlled media, but as we know from stated above that atheism is on the decline, this hardly matters.


-Causes of atheism (I quote): moral depravity, rebellion, superficiality, error, state churches, poor relationship with father, division in religion, learned times, peace, and prosperity, negative experiences with theists, scientism.



-atheists question why evil exists since God is good, but don't ask why good exists if God isn't real.


-early scientists were Christian, therefore Christianity owns a monopoly on science and atheists are not allowed to say there is discrepancy between the beliefs in the two.


-Sir Francis Bacon said he'd rather belief in any silly old legend then believe that God doesn't exist


-Some Christian apologists have problems with the beliefs of Bertrand Russell



-Creation scientists tend to win creation-evolution debates


-Notable atheists have converted to Christianity. The reverse never happens.


But why do you not love Odin :( ?
Last edited by The Alma Mater on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53474
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Liriena wrote:In the context of the current discussion? I'd define free will as the alleged human capacity to make truly free and individual moral decisions, in which the only thing affecting our decision would be the allegedly objective morality of Christianity, with no pre-existing conditions leading up to our minds choosing one in particular.


The absence of pre-existing factors which would effect our choices is a loaded condition. By that definition there's obviously no such thing as free will.

I could have also defined it as the capacity for "independent thought".

Eastern Equestria wrote:
In those terms, I say free will does not exist in the sense that no person is entirely responsible of their actions, thoughts or emotions, and thus it cannot be honestly argued that the existence of evil in our world is merely a matter of a deity granting humans "free will", and humans knowingly and freely choosing to do evil.


If a deity had granted us with free will then obviously it was his intention for us to use it accordingly. Otherwise he would have simply created us to be compleletely compliant with his alleged wishes. Which is part of the reason why I'm an atheist. Even if said God did exist,
I'd never lend my undying faith to such a counterintuitive entity.

Back to free will, just because the choices we make can be explained by our experiences and conditioning, does not mean that we were not in control of making those choices.

The thing is, I don't really believe we are in control. It's our mind and body that make the final call, and I don't think we have much control over our subconscious or our brain chemistry.
The Fabulous Pope of NS


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Lunalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 621
Founded: Oct 19, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lunalia » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:43 am

I'm sorry, when was the bible always right?

It literally says slavery is ethical. It says daughters should have sex with their fathers. It says forcing your wife to be a prostitute is great. It says that your god murdered a bunch of Egyptian babies to show off his own power, because he forced Pharaoh to keep the Israelites from leaving (literally, "God hardened Pharaoh's heart") therefore allowing all the plagues to run through Egypt. Without your god forcing Pharaoh to not give in, none of that would happen. And you claim that free will is supported by the bible? The bible has many instances where free will is a thing that explicitly does not exist. I have free will, therefore the bible is wrong.
Wikkiwallana wrote:
Auralia wrote:
The Catholic Church teaches that participation in gay "commitment ceremonies" is wrong.

You may not have noticed, but New Mexico is not located in Vatican City.

User avatar
Beiastan
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiastan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:43 am

1. I don't know in your country, but in mine the vast majority of the people are christian, and rape levels are pretty high. Does that mean something?

2. "Atheists have no morals because they think they can ignore God’s Holy Bible". Um... did you know that all religions (except christianity) ignore it? Guess you do.

3. Who was the uninformed **** who told you most crimes are commited by atheists? Well, for your information, this is wrong.

But why am I even bothering to write this? You are a troll and you know that. And you even had the trouble to ask people's opion at a site you know there are loads of atheists and non-christians. "some kids these days"? HAHAHAHAHA!!
Native Name: Bayhesqar Sosyalist Raxtav Respublik
Capital: Areq
Prime Minister: Sillus Yöhav
Government Type: Socialist democracy
Ideals (RL and RP): Communism, Marxism, Socialism, Democracy, Internationalism, Secularism, Pacifism
Alignment: "We oppose to those who seek to worsen their peoples' lives, and to turn their country into a mere source of profit"


Economic Left/Right: -10.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.69


Feel free to ask me anything!

User avatar
All Natural France
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 366
Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby All Natural France » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:43 am

Sahrani South wrote:-All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.

-Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)

-The Bible says atheism is wrong, and the Bible is always right (see: Genesis 1:1, Psalms 14:1, Psalms 19:1, Romans 1:19-20)

-Some famous atheists have shown they occasionally have doubts about their disbelief, which proves that all atheists really do believe in God. Of course, no Christian has ever doubted the existence of God.

-Everybody who has ever been in the army will tell you that there are no atheists in foxholes. That is, once they are in danger of death, the atheist will strip himself of his irrational disbelief in God, and come to admit he believed in God all along.

-Communism, which is inherently evil, is founded by atheism, and all atheists are probably secret communists.

-Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical.

-Everything in the universe shows obvious and undeniable signs that it was created by a mind far superior to our own.

-a lot of mass murderers were atheists, and all atheists, having no morality to guide them, are only a bad day away from going on a genocide spree. There have no exactly zero cases on Christian mass murderers throughout all of history.

-no atheists contribute to charitable causes, and all Christians do. This is because of atheist's beliefs in Darwinism.

-I quote: "The Barna Group found regarding atheism and morality that those who hold to the worldviews of atheism or agnosticism in America were more likely, than theists in America, to look upon the following behaviors as morally acceptable: illegal drug use; excessive drinking; sexual relationships outside of marriage; abortion; cohabitating with someone of opposite sex outside of marriage; obscene language; gambling; pornography and obscene sexual behavior; and engaging in homosexuality/bisexuality" Despicable.

-I quote: "
Atheism The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs."


-atheists don't believe in miracles, although many Christian philosophers disagree.


-atheism cannot explain the origins of the universe, therefore God exists.


-Atheists have more mental and physical health problems than Christians. This is attributed to theists having something more to life for. Therefore, God exists.



-Friedrich Nietzsche went crazy and was an atheist, therefore atheism drove him insane (although there is an ongoing debate on the matter...)


-Countries with large numbers of atheists have higher suicide rates, therefore atheism makes you want to kill yourself. Of course they would take the easy way out, not realizing like normal people that God sends suicide cases to hell. Also, developed nations also tend to have higher rates of both atheism and suicide, so we must conclude that technology and wealth are evil.


-Sigmund Freud said religious belief was unhealthy, but many doctors think Freud is wrong, therefore atheism is evil.


-many famous atheists tell lies, therefore atheists are deceptive.



-Fewer people believe now as opposed to x number of years ago (usually around twenty) in evolution, therefore evolutionary theory is wrong and by proxy atheism is wrong, since it's the same thing.


-Non-Christians are more likely to believe in silly superstitions, like palm reading and astronomy (note: Non-Christian = atheist). Christians believe only in the cold, hard logical of the world around them.


-Some theologians say atheist is on the decline, therefore it is. However, this is no reason to lose caution of the atheist threat!



-there is a pro-atheist bias in the liberal controlled media, but as we know from stated above that atheism is on the decline, this hardly matters.


-Causes of atheism (I quote): moral depravity, rebellion, superficiality, error, state churches, poor relationship with father, division in religion, learned times, peace, and prosperity, negative experiences with theists, scientism.



-atheists question why evil exists since God is good, but don't ask why good exists if God isn't real.


-early scientists were Christian, therefore Christianity owns a monopoly on science and atheists are not allowed to say there is discrepancy between the beliefs in the two.


-Sir Francis Bacon said he'd rather belief in any silly old legend then believe that God doesn't exist


-Some Christian apologists have problems with the beliefs of Bertrand Russell



-Creation scientists tend to win creation-evolution debates


-Notable atheists have converted to Christianity. The reverse never happens.

The Bullshit is strong in this one. So much so I can't bother pointing out because there's too much.
Welcome to Shakira France. A.K.A: Best country. You will never be above this country
An Agnostic Christian without regards to Sexuality
I do not believe the Bible is a foolproof way to represent Christianity or history.

Pro: Shakira, Rights for everyone, People who self-describe as "Weird", LGBT Rights, Animal Rights, Abortion(In almost all occasions), Acceptance, Secularism, Evolution, etc
Neutral: N/A
Formerly: Nothing. Add 0+ Posts.

Anti: Bible Thumping, Creationism, ISIS, The Bible's inaccuracies, People defining "The Norm", Evangelism with the intent to convert, being labeled with a sexuality, PETA, Theocracy, Anthropocentrism, etc

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 25312
Founded: Antiquity
The Ninja Mod and Evil Forum Empress

Postby Reploid Productions » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:44 am

Locking this to prevent the train wreck from getting any worse before one of my colleagues who isn't currently dealing with IRL stuff can take a swing through it. Would do it myself, but I can't spare the amount of time a 40 page trawl is going to require right now.

Image
~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Reppy's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2018! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
NERVUN
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 29036
Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Right-wing Utopia

Postby NERVUN » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Reppy is right, this thread is a train wreck.

Alright, I volunteered to sort this out and sorting I shall:

Sahrani South:
viewtopic.php?p=22708812#p22708812
viewtopic.php?p=22711310#p22711310
And the OP itself is trolling *** 3 day ban ***

The Kokyuna Clan:
viewtopic.php?p=22709200#p22709200 flaming
viewtopic.php?p=22709822#p22709822 flaming
viewtopic.php?p=22710014#p22710014 Spamming, trollnaming
*** Warned ***

Alexzanabbgggggg:
viewtopic.php?p=22709930#p22709930 flaming
*** Warned ***

Pandeeria:
viewtopic.php?p=22710554#p22710554 Trolling
viewtopic.php?p=22710497#p22710497 Spamming, trollnaming
*** One day ban ***

Skinia:
viewtopic.php?p=22710751#p22710751 Flaming
*** One day ban ***

CTALNH:
viewtopic.php?p=22710880#p22710880 Flaming
*** Warned ***

Bolrieg:
viewtopic.php?p=22708154#p22708154 Flaming
*** Warned ***

And the following players receive a *** Warning for spamming (Trollnaming) ***:
Ykrovjnge Krjvwic viewtopic.php?p=22710415#p22710415
Syndicapolis viewtopic.php?p=22710861#p22710861
Iradicea viewtopic.php?p=22711134#p22711134 and viewtopic.php?p=22711339#p22711339
Straland viewtopic.php?p=22708667#p22708667
Reddogkeno101 viewtopic.php?p=22708839#p22708839
Cyrisnia viewtopic.php?p=22708885#p22708885
Courlany viewtopic.php?p=22708927#p22708927
Estainia viewtopic.php?f=20&t=322801&p=22709129#p22709129
Free United Provinces of East Torkelburg viewtopic.php?p=22709335#p22709335
Eledad viewtopic.php?p=22707933#p22707933
The Doom Legions viewtopic.php?p=22707956#p22707956
Blakullar viewtopic.php?p=22707996#p22707996

Finally, Archeuland and Baughistan:
You just got back from a 7 day vacation for threadjacking and yet you engaged in it again. Repeated warnings and bans have not had the desired effect.

*** DEAT ***

NERVUN
~NS Game Moderator
Image
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agraria and Bioria, Alnorud, Cannot think of a name, Castelia, Deutsche Arbeiterrepublik, Dresderstan, Elfland, Ethel mermania, Gallade, Grinning Dragon, Kingfu, Maineiacs, My Own Imagination, Nooooooooooooooo, Pangurstan, Rezmaeristan, Rykil, Salus Maior, Seangoli, Shofercia, Sneudal, Sougra, Soviet Computocracy, Technocratic Uganda, The Rapture Republic, Thermodolia, Uiiop, Umpus, Valrifell, Vectrova, Woodfiredpizzas

Advertisement

Remove ads