NATION

PASSWORD

Jamestown Journal News (Closed)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Jamestown Journal News (Closed)

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Your World Now

From all around the world we at the Jamestown Journal will bring you the breaking news stories that alter your day and shake the world. From riots, coronations, new treaties and alliances we have you covered. The Journal strives for the best stories from all around the world and will put our reporters where the action is. On any platform, mobile, television, computer or wearable tech we will always have a pulse on the world for you to read, listen and watch any time. Our reporters serve you, our dear supporter, from all around the world.

In order to submit a story or request for our reporters to be sent out just send our offices a letter (TG) and the information you desire to be addressed in the article. We serve the people from all around the world who depend on quick reliable news.

Last edited by United Soviet Jason Republic on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Zayyadar Palace complex,
Jamestown Journal News

"Greetings Brian, this evening I am in front of the Yaramaquese Royal palace, the Zayyadar Palace Complex, home to the future King of the Yaramaquese people. The future king, Musar Shlomo-Sahadí Yri Issachar Yihye HaYohudah Ayri Gamliel Hayyim, has very big shoes to fill. He is the first ruling monarch in 197 years. This elaborate celebration will last for seven days and has many heads of state from around the world coming to show their respects. Yaramaqui, a nation that has been home to war and turmoil may finally see peace in its time. Hopes for the country are shared by others who are seeking military and political deals with the new monarch. Aznazia, Lindenholt, The Artic Kingdom, USJR and several other nations are showing their respects to the new ruler and all seem to have more on their plate then showing respect. As a new day dawns for the people of Yaramaqui one can only assume it is the same for others around the world. Back to you Jamestown."
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:36 am

-Bottendaal, Bottenburg-

The land of Bottendaal has been rocked recently ethnic turmoil which has been lying under the region for many decades. Natives of Bottendaal are now in the streets protesting against their goverment. Here in the capital the protests have turned violent, with natives attacking businesses and goverment offices. The local authorities lack the ability to stem the riots due to USA resolutions that place sanctions on the country. The Kingdom as asked the protesters to stop but is powerless to stop it. To add insult to injury Lindenholt owned companies are laying off native workers. With the passage of USA Resolution 29 this will not doubt add to the chaos.

In the background of this ethnic struggle the newly the Tribal Confederacy of Hespation has sworn to intervene if the situation for the native population does not improve. This promises to add even more chaos as military units of the Confederation prepare to intervene. As of right now, the Kingdom of Lindenholt has shown that it cannot guard the security of the population of Bottendaal.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Breaking News:
Veskalburg

The nation of Vekalse that has been rocked by turmoil in the past months has once again been rocked by a terror attack. The 23rd Avenue of Veskalburg is heavily damaged, with the hotel industry and other targets have been hit. Druid Square, a famous site, has been attacked. The powerful coordination of bombs has killed nearly 2,265 people. This toll will be updated as more information is gained.

Tourists from around the world are trapped in the rubble. In response to the attacks the goverment has closed off all transportation in and out of the country. The city is suppose to be evacuated. A national emergency has been declared. This event will shake the world as many high class world leaders are in Yaramaqui, a country with a past history of terror and is currently having civil resurrections.

We will keep you up to date as we receive more reports.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Soviet Space Center, USJR

The Ministry of Science has just launched the new Rebecca Command module that is designed for conventional deep-space missions. These missions are the "new frontier" of space according to the Ministry and must be "discovered and converted to practical economic and citizen benefits on the ground." These new command modules are designed to hold more cosmonauts and supplies for longer durations in space. The Ministry has been allotted funds by the Party Soviet to carry out more tests of the Rebecca module and begin constitution on a probe to 'round' up an asteroid to be put in orbit over the Mun. Then, according to a plan, a manned mission will visit the asteroid. The new President is backing a proposal in which the USJR returns to the Mun in force and in his words "to stay."
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Jamestown Stock Exchange

In light of the recent hacking of international companies the Ministry of Internal Affairs has given a warning to companies based in the USJR and doing business abroad to be wary of cyber attack against them and other partners. The recent warning comes in light of the attack on the Monopville Trade Center. This attack was followed up by strikes against Chocolatement, a Smoyan company and PURE Maple Syrup, a Rhodevus company. The attacks against these companies have shaken USJR investor confidence in outside markets.

"It is simple," an investor Robert Rocues said in a recent interview with the Journal. "We simple doubt that outside markets have the protection needed to keep the markets moving. The Jamestown Exchange provides us with the security and protection not only against hackers but high speed traders."

The Jamestown Exchange announced hours after the first strikes against Monopville that it would be reviewing how it conducted transfers with outside exchanges. The IA has moved to push companies based in the USJR to protect their servers from outside attacks and is pushing the Party Soviet to increase the penalty to hackers committed with crimes.
Last edited by United Soviet Jason Republic on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

BREAKING NEWS

Banaae-Ilamja has been stuck by a thermonuclear weapon, SADS command says. The strike against teh heavily populated capital is not only a danger to the citizens of SuperFruitland but to the USJR and nations in the east. The USJR has declared a radiation warning, the first warning ever issued in the country. Radiation Alerts will be issued every quarter hour on radio, television, internet and cell phone. Citizens are asked to use their radiation pills and fallout equitment, turn off air filters and water pumps in the event of a hazard warning.

SADS command has retaliated against the Western Fruitland rebels with a series of strategic airstrikes against military installations. The Western Core is currently mobilizing and will be deployed in Fruitland as the crisis continues. The President says that he will contact the legitimate regime and device a plan of action. So far the Ministry of Defense has not commented on the matter. However recent troop movements within the past few hours suggests a very large retaliation growing.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:01 pm

President Answers Questions for Three Hours: Talks about Fruitland, MADRAT and Creperia
By Malcome Lee, reporting from Jamestown

President Grimpen Mortimer taking more questions after the address

For three hours Sunday night President Mortimer took questions from the media on a wide range of topics, taking the time to talk with the public on matters confronting the USJR. In a conference that most western leaders would call long and outright dangerous the President took heat on several hot topics facing the country to his personal life.

Fruitland
Q: "What does the USJR plan to do after the military crisis in Fruitland comes to a close?"

A: Our goverment has stepped in to stop this terrible crisis from escalating. The use of two thermonuclear weapons on our back doorstep is unacceptable and has put the general public at risk. All of us were under the same radiation alert for two weeks due to terrorists in a country a mere hour away from plane. To ensure that this type of event ever happens again we will work with the Fruitland goverment and help ensure not also their security but ours. It is clear that the majority of the civilians in the country did not want this. Millions died. The USJR is the only outside country offering aid to the devastated population and is securing the country along with other nations. The USJR has the imperative to aid civilians and our close by countries.

Q: "Will the USJR expect any payment or respect due to the intervention?"

A: The USJR will work closely with the goverment to improve Fruitland and open up comercial and internatinal ties with the former Ophion state.

MADRAT

Q: What is the USJR's stance on MADRAT?

A: The USJR, or at least I, believe that MADRAT is an attempt by alienated countries to continue to do evil instead of face up to their actions. They think they can get away with their misdoing by hiding behind a thin wall of claimed security. Most of the world has left MADRAT in the cold with sanctions. The alliance is obviously one of military goods. It has no backing in meaning or relations. It is the money trail of capitalists that want to make a buck, or rather, hand out defective and bugged military equipment as a way to give out influence. These countries can try to give out guns. We give out truely helpful aid to countries. We are not sanctioned. The option is the international community.

Q: What is your opinion on the Kingdom of Lindenholt and the Federation of Allentyr?

A: These two countries have done wrong and have resorted to MADRAT in an effort to save their skins. I plead with their leaders to write their wrongs. The USA has made it clear that these countries can atone for their actions. I am horrified that Lindenholt tried to repeal the sanctions claiming that people do not follow them and that they have no meaning. They have a goal, they have a meaning and people follow them. As for Allentyr the possession of banned weapons is an offence that will take much washing to get off. These horrid weapons were banned for a reason.

Creperia

Q: The USJR has a history of interventions. Will the USJR goverment step in the Sunrisian and Creperian issue?

A: The USJR is currently undertaking ways of sending in observers to these countries. It is quite obvious something is up. The so called "separatists" have a trick up their sleeves. Accusations of aid from an outside party must be taken into consideration. I want a diplomatic solution to the issue but it is obvious something will go south. My office will officially condemn any nation giving aid to the rebels. I have ordered the Ministry of Defense to investigate into arms smuggling and the USJR will open channels with Creperia.

Q: What about Sunrisia?

A: This nation has a history of testing its mussels when it comes to wars and civil wars. Somelio is an example of this, along with the denouncement of Hespation. If the Sunrisian goverment is giving out arms i would not be surprised. I warn their goverment to stop or face USJR and possible USA actions. I ask the country to allow observers into the country to investigate.

Q: Will the USJR step in militarily if foul play is found?

A: I assure you any military actions will be cleared by the Party Soviet before I act. However, if foul play is found, the nation committing the act has all options in my arsenal of punishment to the fullest power of my office if the people see fit for it. I am there servant.

James Kerman

Q: Where is James Kerman?

A: I don't know. He has been gone for several days now. As a dear friend i am horrified and want him to be found. He was my teacher, a fatherly figure.

Q: Hasn't the Ministry of Internal Affairs opened up an investigation into James Kerman?

A: Not as far as I know. I do not get reports from the IA. I hope they find him and give us answers.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:36 am

SADS Publishes Photos of Sunrisian Smugglers
Malcome Leon

BREAKING NEWS:

The Soviet Aid Defense Service published a series of photos at 9:00AM JST this morning that depict what the agency calls "Sunrisian military units" on the boarder with the separatists. The report states that the weapons transfer can be seen in area A, where the two transports are located. So the USJR has not taken military action against Sunrisia. The Party Soviet of Jamestown was reported to be called in for an emergency session regarding the ongoing situation. Nearly two hours and thirty minutes later the USJR and Ripuarian ambassadors to the security council of the USA proposed a resolution addressing the crisis from a diplomatic standpoint.

The President has so far not commented on the report. Affiliates of the Journal in Somelio report that USJR bases in the region have recently taken on more fighters and strategic bombers. Reports from the Ministry of Defense do not indicate that the USJR has moved any naval assets closer to the fighting.

We will keep you posted on the situation as it unfolds
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:29 pm

President Calls for Talks
End to Creperia-Sunrisia War: Summit in Jamestown Called For
Malcome Lee, Jamestown

9:00 JST-Jamestown, USJR

President Grimpen Mortimer has called upon Sunrisia and Creperia to "cease imminently before more escalation starts" in order to avoid more bloodshed in the war torn region. In a statement to the media President Mortimer has stated that he has reached out to both parties and implored them to stop escalating the conflict. The USJR, that has co-authored a resolution on the situation, has cleared the way for USJR observers to enter both countries. So far Sunrisia as accepted the deal. These observers, Mortimer stated, were being sent over and could be identified in a USAPK uniform. Their mission is to investigate accusations of arms smuggling and any possible war crimes. Meanwhile, the President has invited the two sides to a summit in Jamestown to diplomatically discuss the crisis at hand. Both sides have issued mobilization orders and it is a race against time for the President. Mortimer has made it clear that he does not want to see the fight continue. However, no statement on the Creperian Separatists has been made by his office. Adding to his statement the President made it clear that if either country defies the calls to talk or to stop fighting the USJR would get itself involved. Many consider the President as enforcing some sort of white peace, or at least truce, until talks can begin.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:04 am

USJR Launches First Lunar Exploration Rover
Part of the MS plan to return to the Moon
Written by: Albert Isenhof
Artists Rendition of "Ophion-1"

Breaking News:

Soviet Launch Complex- At 9 AM Jamestown Standard time the Ministry of Science celebrated the successful launch of its new lunar exploration rover Ophion-1, part of a new series of robotic missions to Sunalaya's nearest body. Launched from the Rebecca Rocket the missions are designed to be built quickly, with standardized parts and goals. In total five more rovers are to be launched in the coming months, exploring sites that have shown promise from obit. "The goal is," the Ministry's chief scientist told JJN, "Is to see which spots hold water or other ores that make up the basis for a long term stay on the Mun. The science community is very exited and anxious to see this robotic pioneer touch down in three weeks time"

The mission underscores the USJR effort to use machines and drones to break ground on the lunar surface for any future bases. In the coming years large machines will be developed and sent to future colonization sites in order to start mining and building structures for future human use. It is thought that lunar caves could make the basis of the program. However, in order to explore and even start to build structures inside of caverns a new group of machines, being constructed by the Ministry of Science, will have to be sent up and tested.

Currently the Ministry of Science is focused on two flagship projects, the "asteroid capture mission" and the "return to the moon program." These two efforts have taken over the majority of the program effort. No mission to Ares is planned for the immediate future however it is thought the technologies developed in these two other efforts will ease the transition to a amnned mission to Ares.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:14 pm

President Mortimer Fires Back
President on JNN

Jamestown, After the Dictatorship of Peace or Death released a rare broadcast condemning the planned lunar missions by the goverment of Trevcra the President of the USJR has come out to congratulate Trevcra and further promote the USJR's space program. In a one on one interview with Isaac Leon the President came out against the Dictatorships claims.

"It is simple obvious that the Dictatorship is embarrassed. We did it first. They refused to comment on our Ophion class missions to survey the moon. Our objectives in these series of missions are clear: find a suitable location for a future colony. Already engineers are preparing for the next step in our country's return to the Mun. The Dictatorships comments come at a time when they have dropped in the regional power index. They are simple trying to act tough in order to seem like the big guy on the block. No sane country will stand for them and their pathetic claims anymore. Unlike the other countries our plan to send Humans to the Mun is that of a sustainable stay. This is not a military program. This is a Human Program. No country has any rights to claim the entire Mun. However, a country does have the rights to use the location it is based on. Now I am not claiming that because the USJR has sent men the moon and that we are sending drones to the moon that we own what we are on. However, once we stay for good, the sites that we have will be ours. But never will we claim the moon. I congratulate Trevcra and other countries for exploring space for humanity. Friendly competition is great for progress. If the Dictatorship hinders any nations march to space they will have us to answer to.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:49 am

Minister of International Affairs Attacks Dictatorship
Isaac Leon's "War of Words"

Jamestown-
Hours after the Dictatorship of Peace of Death accused the United Soviets of the Jason Republic of preparing for a war the Minister of International Affairs spoke to the Jamestown Journal on the matter. For weeks the USJR has been engaged in a clash of words with the Dictatorship.

It is quite clear the Dictatorship is trying to act as the tough guy. Their nation is making up for lost prestige. We are above them. Unlike them we do not have to make silly threats and play this game. Unlike them we are willing to talk. The USJR founded the USA, runs humanitarian operations around the world and protects liberty on Ophion. The Dictatorship stands for the reverse. They do not engage with the rest of the world. I can state that we, the USJR, have moved on from the barbaric ways of war for the sake of glory. By the Dictatorships statement it is clear what they are doing. "A defensive war," does not usually pertain to offensive operations that the Dictatorship has stated they are committing. The Dictatorship is afraid. They are afraid that the USJR will stop their warmongering, thus putting them on the defensive. What they are planning is clear. They have claimed the Mun. They conspire to destroy our peaceful space program. If they have an issue with our space program, which mind you, makes monthly reports to the public on all funding and operations, then they can talk to us. I summon Ambassador Johnston Penners of the Dictatorship to talk with our goverment.

Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:04 pm

USJR Condemns the Lunar Attack
Moves to condemn the POD in the USA. Calls to ambassador have not been
A USJR Satellite Interceptor, tested in 2010, destroyed a dead communication satellite under "military like conditions."

Breaking News
Jamestown As tensions between the USJR and Dictatorship rise the point has reached an explosive mix. Literally. Sky watchers were shocked to see a small pin head sized burst from the lunar surface, similar to a nuclear burst on the lunar surface. As a result the USJR has joined a plethora of nations condemning the Dictatorship for their actions, which according to a USA resolution the USJR introduced to the General Assembly are described as "reckless" and a danger to manned space flight. As part of an international effort the resolution lists several countries that have been the focus of the POD's aggression against manned space flight.

Despite the obvious show of force the USJR has not backed down. As a matter of fact, many have mocked the POD's actions as a clear sign of insecurity. They note that the USJR, with Ophion, landed on the Mun in 1974, nearly forty one years ago. Meanwhile the Dictatorship has yet to send any mission, besides this attack, to the moon. Many call it a last ditch effort to seem powerful as more countries plan to join the "Munar Club," the list of nations with manned missions to the Mun.

In response to the strike the Ministry of Defense has issued a directive to the Dictatorship goverment.

Unless all future rocket launches are reported to the United Sunalaya Assembly or to the USJR directly the Ministry of Defense will consider all launches from the Dictatorship a hazard to international space flight. As a result, we reserve the right to intercept any and all undeclared launches from the Dictatorship and to take any means necessary to secure the interests of the international community. This plan has been approved by several countries and will be carried out by many means if necessary. This is the only warning the Dictatorship shall receive.

Leaked information from the MOD suggest that Skynet has focused on the Dictatorship, gathering photos of potential rocket launch sites and collecting telemetry on existing Dictatorship satellites.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:30 pm

USJR COMMITTED TO REZUAN RECOVERY
By: Malcome Lee
USJR Supplies Arrives by Plane

Jamestown- 9AM JST- After weeks of fighting in the nearby nation of Rezua the Soviet goverment has sworn that it is committed to the recovery of Rezua and the development of a "stable and civilian helping goverment" in light of the recent civil war that has left nearly half a million people dead, with many more displaced by the fighting or wounded. Starting today the USJR goverment has announced that it is moving from an active combat roll into a relief effort. With this, nearly 15,000 troops that were actively fighting in the country have now been shifted into a force that is rebuilding the country. The Party Soviet has approved nearly a billion Jasoons in aid to the country and has promised to do more to stop the suffering. Most notable aid vessels that normally went to Somelio are now being redirected to Rezua. These vessels are designated to ship construction supplies, food, generators, fuel and medical supplies. In areas where the USJR army was set up the army has begun hiring local civilians to work in the reconstruction projects and are training them to take over the aid effort. Other supplies are being delivered to more remote areas of Rezua by air. In particular groups of soldiers have flown to areas not liberated by the USJR and begun their effort to help out the local population. The message is clear: this is only the tip of the iceberg for what the USJR can do to help Rezua.

With the ending of active combat the President, Grimpen Mortimer, has promised with withdraw most USJR troops as soon as "efficient routes of helping are established with the help of the local population." The President has expressed the will to round up any possible war criminals and bringing them to the USA world court to be tried. The President has also declared that the Tsarists still pose a threat to Rezua and the USJR. As a result a naval blockade has been ordered for all islands under Tsarist control. As a result of the fear that the Tsarist may posses nuclear weapons has driven the USJR to station an arsenal ship in the waters of Rezua to intercept any launches from the islands. "The military threat is still real, however it will not deter us from helping the people of Rezua."

On the international side of this event it is clear the USJR is trying to out-do the other world powers in helping the Rezuan people. Thought the USA is posed to pass a resolution in helping the nation of Rezua it seems that the USJR is interested the most in out funding and supplying other nations. To do this the USJR has even gone as far as mothballing its fifth arsenal ship, worth nearly a billion Jasoons, to fund directly the Rezuan reconstruction. In an special session of Soviet tomorrow the Party is expected to pass several pieces of legislation to restore Ophion-like business practices with the nation. Whatever or not Rezua will accept these measures is a matter of speculation.

As the race for the new Prime Minister heats up a long time pro-USJR politician has announced that he will run for office. This man, Miron Ethan, has expressed that he would work with the USJR to help Rezua grow in light of the recent war. He has condemned the relationship between mpress Ymira Everen and Rhodeve Princess Heir Sierra Abrams as "irresponsible" and blinding, citing the lack of an heir as a reason for the recent civil war. Mr. Miron and his party, The Popular Front, has stated that they are looking to "wipe out the Tsarist threat with the help of Rezua's allies and build a brighter Rezua." For this the party wants to focus on "our part of the world," and seeking imminent help for the country.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Hespation Capital Falls to Rebels

Neighboring Nations on Edge

Breaking News Jamestown- Hespation rebels have finally managed to seize the capital of the defunct state after days of fighting pro goverment forces outside of the city. Hespation's 'ruling' goverment has denied the reports of the city falling despite social media reports of rebels firing their weapons into the air circulating. Paul Muad'dib is reported to have ordered that any international reporters in the country are to be decapitated. The collapse of the country has sparked fears in neighboring countries. The USJR has raised the security level on the Sea of Iason in light of recent reports.

Another development in the region is the movement of nuclear weapons by Smoya to Iackstorm. The USJR goverment has denounced these actions, citing the lack of need for nuclear warheads in the region. Many speculate that the weapons are meant to target the USJR.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:31 pm

USJR Ups Ante With Bomber Flights
In Response to Smoyan Nuclear Missiels in Iackstorm

Breaking News-Jamestown 12 PM JST- In response to Smoya stationing ICBM or Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles in Iackstorm the USJR Ministry of Defense has announced the resumption of Ophion-Era bomber patrols of the northern coast of Iackstorm. The missions are reportively to be a around-the-clock effort until the missiles are removed from Iackstorm. Minister Robert Io has called the move by Smoya "uncalled for, hostile and aggressive." Citing the fact that "The only nation these weapons can possible target are the USJR." The stationing of these weapons in Iackstorm would give Smoya an advantage in a "First strike" scenario. The Ministry of Defense has not replied to comments asking for the USJR's abilities to respond to the new arms in Ophion. However, an Admiral, speaking anonymously due to the classified materials involved in the situation has stated that the USJR is considering options of increasing the number of nuclear weapons stationed in long-duration missions in the western hemisphere.

In another theater of international events the USJR has officially announced that it has chosen a location for its Lunar missions. The site, A-176, is located inside of a crater on the south pole of the Mun. The site has been chosen due to the presence of ice, extended durations of sunlight and the near by presence of "Lunar Caves," spotted by orbiter over the moon. By the middle of this month the USJR will begin to send drones to the Mun to begin the process of preparing for the first manned flights by mid to late summer. These missions will be to continue the growth and construction of the base.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:18 am

Hespation Crisis Continues
Neighboring Countries on Edge
Article by Malcome Lee
Government artillery firing on opposition troops

El-Whahediya 8 AM JST- For weeks the nation of Hespation has been embroiled in a civil war following the revolt of several major tribes in the eastern half of the country. The Schism comes nearly a month after the Hespation goverment overthrew its dictatorial regime goverment. President Paul, or Paul Muad'dib, took power after the revolution. After failing to give free election in the country the nation has now moved back to bloodshed.

The major tribes of the eastern half of the country, mainly the Antries, have called for the acting president to cede power to a council of tribal elders. The President, that was selected to rule by a similar council, has refused to cede power or allow the formation of another elder goverment. The result has been bloodshed. The capital of the country has fallen. Tribes have fallen back on sectarian lines, with the main two sects of Dunism clashing with one another. So far the civilian death toll is unclear.

The USJR and El-Whahediya are on edge due to the conflict that is approaching their boarders. Reports from El-Whahediya state that there has been a massive influx of refugees from Hespation. The goverment has been forced to set up aid facilities and station more troops on its boarder with Hespation. The Soviet goverment has seen a massive increase in refugees entering the country illegally by boat. As a result the USJR Southern Core Navy has been put on high alert. The Coast Guard and Navy are under orders to aid any civilian entering the country, as there is no way to deport them back to Hespation. The Committee of Immigration is scheduled to meet this Monday on the unfolding crisis.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:16 am

USJR Southern Core Declared Combat Active
Hespation and Rifara on edge: renewed war on terror declared
Malcome Lee-Jamestown
Amphibious Assault units heading towards sea

Breaking News: 1:51 PM J.S.T.

At 1:30 PM today the goverment of El-Whahediya and the Party Soviet announced that their two countries are now carrying out a joint initiative to combat the "chaos and power vacuum" in Hespation. Reports from JJN affiliates in El-Whahediya have confirmed active military movments near the El-Whahediya and Hespation boarder. Citizens on the southern coast of the USJR have reported a substantial uptick in fighter flights from military bases in the south. The USJR has not confirmed whatever or not its ground troops are partaking in the attack.

El-Whahediya news outlets have reported that ground troops are positioning themselves near the boarder of the country. Airstrikes from the country have been confirmed.

Update: 2:14 PM The southern core naval force has officially been deployed against Hespation and an official, speaking anonymously, has reported that the USJR is sending ships towards Rifara. The airstrikes have continued but it is unclear the objective of these strikes.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:10 am

President Gets to Work
USJR Highters of Hespation

Breaking News 1:53 JST- After nearly ten days out of the public light the President has come back to the public to address the rumors surrounding his disappearance. Many claimed the President was sick, or that he was vacation. The rumors came to almost Ophion-like Unity-Palace levels. However the Party did not address these issues. In a nearly hour long address the President spoke about the country and the situations threatening the USJR.

Q: What has the USJR does in Hespation and Rifara?

A: In light of the recent collapses and revolts the USJR has moved, along with the rest of the Alliance, to quickly prevent the spread of these situations. Being as these matters are continental, affect us personally and are dangerous we quickly have to deal with them. We will do this by any means. Any other power that is provoking the fighting in these regions or want to intervene are simply being imperialistic. We, the members of Ophion, can look out for our own.

Q: You say the west should not meddle in the crisis in Ophion, but the goverment of WINCHESTER claims the USJR is sending weapons to the rebels. What do you have to say about this?

A: The claim that we are sending weapons is aggregious. The USJR is not sending weapons. We sternly do not support any violence and hope that the Winchester goverment gives in to the will of the people.

Q:Why are we stationing nuclear weapons in Bubba Reb?

A: The USJR has recently seen the need, for Bubba Reb's security and that of our own, to grow ties with the country. We have grown our ties with the country and will continue to do so.

Q: What about the newest countries to declare their sovereignty?

A: The USJR will move to expand our relations with these nations and hope that they see peace, democracy and work for the worker.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:11 pm

USJR To Run Blockade
USJR Fleet setting of from Yaramaqui

Breaking News Jamestown- 8:52PM In a sudden change of course the nation of Trevcran has abandoned cooperation with the USJR and has turned upon an ally. This after the USJR and Codicem agreed for the Soviets to station thermonuclear warheads in the country. This is the second country in the region to allow the USJR to station warheads in the region, a move taken after Smoya stationed nuclear weapons in Iackstorm. For weeks President Grimpen Mortimer has called upon Smoya to remove the weapons from Iackstorm, which has been considered a threat against national security. Tensions have increased after Iackstorm invaded Rifaran, leading the USJR to believe the two sides are closer to war. In a move in the security council the USJR motioned, and received, a resolution to order the withdraw of Iackstorm troops from Rifaran.

Now the USJR is preparing to relive their ally in the west. at 5:30 PM JST a task force of the western core, carrying no military supplies, has been dispatched to dock in Codicem on a "regular naval patrol." A flight of J-130 transport carrying food and medicine for the sailors has been sent and is suppose to arrive in several hours. The USJR stresses that this is standard for such an operation. The USJR goverment has also noted that under USA Resolution 1, citing the International waters, innocence of passage and OPEN SEA, INTERNATIONAL WATERS, TRANS BOUNDARY WATERS, HIGH SEAS clause. The goverment has also noted that under the Alliance charter the USJR is sworn to protect Codicem if attacked, along with every other Ophion member. Currently proposals are underway to sanction Trevcra.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:40 am

USJR Moves to Stress-Level 3
Coastal Anti-Missile Battery

Breaking News Hammerville 1:20 PM JST In a dramatic turn of events the USJR Ministry of Defence has ordered the national stress level- or DEFCON to other nations, to its lowest level since the intervention in El-Whahediya. This signals the preparation of the USJR into a state of war between one or many combatants. The alert was issued at 1:00PM Jamestown Standard Time and was signed by General Io, Admiral Adama and President Grimpen Mortimer. This follows after the situation in the east and west grows more dear. As a result of the order batteries of anti-missile units have been stationed along the western/southern boarders of the country. Air interceptor missiles are reportedly to have been loaded onto fighters, which will be maintained around the clock. The USJR goverment has not confirmed or denied aiding the Fruitland goverment with nuclear delivery and defense units as a part of their alliance. The goverment has called upon the Smoyan goverment to remove their weapons stationed near the USJR as a sign of good will.

In a press conference, at 1:15 JST, President Mortimer addressed the concerns from several nations. In a very adiment and frank tone of voice he called upon Smoya to withdraw nuclear warheads from the east, citing that he would do the same to the west.

"I will be upfront. Weeks ago the Smoyan goverment placed thermonuclear weapons in Iackstorm. After this the USJR warned Smoya to withdraw the weapons and began to conduct heightened nuclear preparedness by my order. After refusing to resolve the crisis we in turn felt the need to aid our allies in the west by giving them a deterrent against known western aggressors. This includes Trevcra, which has invaded territory recently and has violated international law pertaining to the open seas. Trevcra's actions only show to the world that they are aggressive, and we needed to give a deterrent to Codicem. I will say again that Trevcra and Smoya need to withdraw their units and I will do the same.

Meanwhile the USJR naval task force sent out to Codicem is nearly eight hours away from reaching the Trevcra blockade, which the USJR has stated is a violation of international law. In five ours the USJR air force will send a resupply plane to Codicem, thus violating the blockade, as part of their mission to send ships to Codicem.

In the east the USJR goverment has also dispatched a fleet to Wintanceastre, which is reported to be on a humanitarian aid mission. The fleet contains a single cargo vessel loaded with supplies and an escort of destroyers. The goverment has stated that it will continue to obey international laws on the high seas.

Update- 1:35 PM JST- Ambassador Linguis Romanus of Trevcra is summoned to speak to Minister Issac Leo
Update 1:40 PM JST- Ministry of International Affairs is reported to have sent an invitation to Smoya to discuss "recent world affairs"
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:16 pm

[box][align=center]Image
USJR Expels Trevcra Ambassador
USJR troops in Hespation
Breaking News Jamestown: After a meeting between Minister Issac Leon and the Trevcran Ambasador, Linguis Romanus, the USJR Ministry of International Affairs expelled the ambassador and has ordered the closure of the embassy in three days. The move comes after the manuscript of the conversation was released to the public, citing Trevcra's "warmongering, barbaric and undiplomatic ways." The most alarming statement from the transcript has Ambassador Linguis Romanus replying to Minister Leon's statment that opening fire will start a war. Part of the conversation is as follows:

[quote]

Issac Leon- "Tomorrow a resolution will pass banning Smoya and USJR nuclear placements. You however have no jurisdiction in the matter. You shoot at us a war starts. Period. You cannot bully us. I assure you of that. Now go home."

Linguis Romanus- "Your puppets, Codicem are push overs. If we wanted to we could conquer that pathetic, backwards, genocidal island in a week."

After the comment the Ambassador was expelled from the USJR. Today, after the passage of USA GA Resolution 26 the USJR has announced that it will come into compliance with the law, but has not given a time frame for the removal. An anonymous source in the USJR navy says that the USJR is sending forces and recovery teams to Codicem. The goverment however has remained vocal about the removal of weapons from Vandeux, citing the belief that in order to avoid another crisis the weapons must be removed from the territory.

Other News:

-Boat of Refugees Escaping from Hespation Capsizes, 800 feared Drowned
-Nation Remains at Stress-Level 3
-Party Soviets Promises Funding for Kinetic Weapons for "Near Future"
-[i]Another Drone has Landed on the Mun to Continue Munar Constrution[/i
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Ophionic Flight 315 Declared Missing
Ophionic Flight 3315 from Jamestown to Rhodevus, the same route flight 315 was flying.

Breaking News Hammerville 7:57PM JST- At 7:50 PM Jamestown Standard Time Soviet Air Traffic Control has officially declared Ophionic Flight 315 missing after dropping of the radar at 7:40 PM JST. Flight 315 has 200 passengers and 5 crew on board and was at full capacity. The military was notified at 7:42 PM JST and reports indicate that fighters have been scrambled to follow the flight path of the missing flight. Soviet Air Traffic Control has also called upon the navy to deploy ships to scout the area. As night falls the search for the plane will be difficult. It is not confirmed that the plane had changed altitude when contact was lost with the plane. Preliminary reports, raw data, highlight that the transponder in the rear of the airplane has been turned off or has failed in flight. Check in, once every five minutes, was not replied to. Several minutes after checking other telemetry data the plane was declared missing. The plane was last recorded nearly two hundred nautical miles north of Rezuan air space. So far there has been no indication of hostile action. The goverment has not ruled out terrorism and has said that it has ruled out Tsarist action. It is hoped that the plane can be found, or that this is a simple mechanical error.

Other News:
-Hespation Chaos Continues
-USJR moves slowly to comply with Resolution 26. Critics claim it is waiting for Smoya to follow suit.
-Government Condemns terror attack in Rezua, promises support.
-Smart Watch and Glasses become "socially acceptable", trend increases in use.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Wreckage of Ophionic Flight 315 Found
USJR Northern Core searches for wreckage

Breaking News Jamestown- 8:00 PM JST After nearly four days of searching for the lost flight the USJR Ministry of Defense has announced that at 5 PM JST the first confirmed wreckage of Ophionic Flight 315 to Rhodevus was found in the water. No photos of the wreckage have been released to the public. The delay in the public announcement was due to the USJR notifying the relatives of those on board the flight. So far there has been no statement, or evidence, on what caused the flight to go down. A background check on the passengers is said to narrow down what could have happened to the lost flight. Due to night the search has been called off until morning where it will resume. The goal is now to find the main body of the plane and to find the black boxes.

Other News:
- USJR Dispatches task force to attack Codicem rebels
-Ministry of Defense moves to secure USJR boarders from nuclear attack from Tsarist rebels, dispatches "interceptor fleet" to international waters.
-
Jamestown Journal

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information