NATION

PASSWORD

Antediluvian Secrets (official POC worldbuilding thread)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we start the IC?

The platoon has just been formed, people don't know each other.
11
26%
The platoon is deployed so there's some burgeoning camaraderie, but mostly among those who are already friends from the home front.
27
63%
We've seen combat together: everybody knows everybody.
5
12%
 
Total votes : 43

User avatar
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1209
Founded: Jun 01, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan Asian Amercian Coalition » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Ayreonia wrote:On magic, mages and pseudomages

Magic has permeated Soil for as long as there has been a Soil. Its exact origins are unknown, but Cambrian philosophy argues that it's residual energy from the forming of Uriyah during the birth of the universe. Its practitioners are known by many names: mages, wizards, magicians, sorcerers, et cetera. To a layman, these terms are synonymous, but to practitioners, each carries a different meaning. More on that later.

Through the ages, magic has always been a tool of the few seemingly random individuals who have simply grasped it naturally. It wasn't until three decades ago that Precambrian scientists discovered a gene that controlled affinity for magic. Further research proved that every single human being had this gene, but it was "dormant" in most. This discovery allowed the development of magical techniques for non-affinites, but the results were underwhelming: people with the dormant gene were, and still are, exceedingly hard to train, and even if they do learn, they cannot hope to reach the power, precision or finesse of affinites.

This is where pseudomages come in: the same Precambrian scientists came up with a way to forcibly mutate the gene through magical therapy. This "wakes" the gene up and makes it absorb some of the therapist mage's energy, resulting in the receiver of the therapy becoming a so-called "pseudomage." Pseudomages are still non-affinites and thus learn much more slowly than natural mages, but they can easily reach and even surpass affinites in pure power, while still lagging behind in precision. For example, while an affinite sorcerer can light a roomful of candles one by one or at the same time, a pseudomage sorcerer can light the entire neighborhood on fire. An affinite wizard can manipulate an enemy scout so that they return with false information without realizing anything is wrong, while a pseudomage wizard simply makes the entire scouting party kill each other.

Wizards? Sorcerers? Allow me to explain. The differences between the various classes of magic users are purely semantic, but professional pride runs high among them and there exists a fierce rivalry between the groups. We've already covered pseudomage. Mage is a catch-all term that includes all affinites who are trained in the arts. A sorcerer is a mage or pseudomage who focuses on direct energy manipulation: temperature, sound, even light and movement. Most beginning magic users receive training in sorcery, since its basics are arguably the easiest to grasp, and many of its teachings are applied in other fields of magic. Wizards practice wizardry, the art of bridging the five basic senses with magical effects, creating and manipulating illusions and emotions. Magician is a portmanteau of "mage" and "technician," and their art is called magicraft. Magicraft is combining the physical with the magical; the "super armor" effect described in the OP is an example of highly developed magicraft.

May I propose something as an addition to this?

Some ethnic groups are more prone to Mage abilities than others, as the gene for strong magic affinity is recessive, and would propagate through groups that would need the extra edge to stay alive, like steadying a gun barrel to kill a boar or helping a fire stay alight longer. The more prolonged stress, like rough winters or flooding, a group goes through, the more magically aligned they become.

Example: two hunters from Revaalsbandt are hunting Cedar Bear, one has the strong magic gene and the other with weak magic gene. They both fire and hit the same spot on two different bears. The weak magic users bullet hits the bear, but doesn't kill it instantly and the hunter killed. The strong magic users bullet hits the bear and fails to kill it, like the first bear, but the bear bleeds faster than he should and dies before he can maul the hunter.

In other words, some groups are more latently magical than others. This may translate in something as minor as better luck when hunting and gambling all the way up to full magic affinity in most of the population.
"Scientia viam libertatis "...................................................................................... ///I take my realism with cream and sugar///
MT/Near Future. Mechs, Railguns, Jet VTOLs, Etc.
Factbook under construction. Nat'l Anthem
Humanist Demi-Socialist Technocractic Militant Democracy. Quite a mouthfull, ain't it?
The End of Oil.------Tank otaku. Panzer is my passion!
XCOM Alphabet
Rupudska wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Nice to see that this is back.


You are impressively slow.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:On magic, mages and pseudomages

Magic has permeated Soil for as long as there has been a Soil. Its exact origins are unknown, but Cambrian philosophy argues that it's residual energy from the forming of Uriyah during the birth of the universe. Its practitioners are known by many names: mages, wizards, magicians, sorcerers, et cetera. To a layman, these terms are synonymous, but to practitioners, each carries a different meaning. More on that later.

Through the ages, magic has always been a tool of the few seemingly random individuals who have simply grasped it naturally. It wasn't until three decades ago that Precambrian scientists discovered a gene that controlled affinity for magic. Further research proved that every single human being had this gene, but it was "dormant" in most. This discovery allowed the development of magical techniques for non-affinites, but the results were underwhelming: people with the dormant gene were, and still are, exceedingly hard to train, and even if they do learn, they cannot hope to reach the power, precision or finesse of affinites.

This is where pseudomages come in: the same Precambrian scientists came up with a way to forcibly mutate the gene through magical therapy. This "wakes" the gene up and makes it absorb some of the therapist mage's energy, resulting in the receiver of the therapy becoming a so-called "pseudomage." Pseudomages are still non-affinites and thus learn much more slowly than natural mages, but they can easily reach and even surpass affinites in pure power, while still lagging behind in precision. For example, while an affinite sorcerer can light a roomful of candles one by one or at the same time, a pseudomage sorcerer can light the entire neighborhood on fire. An affinite wizard can manipulate an enemy scout so that they return with false information without realizing anything is wrong, while a pseudomage wizard simply makes the entire scouting party kill each other.

Wizards? Sorcerers? Allow me to explain. The differences between the various classes of magic users are purely semantic, but professional pride runs high among them and there exists a fierce rivalry between the groups. We've already covered pseudomage. Mage is a catch-all term that includes all affinites who are trained in the arts. A sorcerer is a mage or pseudomage who focuses on direct energy manipulation: temperature, sound, even light and movement. Most beginning magic users receive training in sorcery, since its basics are arguably the easiest to grasp, and many of its teachings are applied in other fields of magic. Wizards practice wizardry, the art of bridging the five basic senses with magical effects, creating and manipulating illusions and emotions. Magician is a portmanteau of "mage" and "technician," and their art is called magicraft. Magicraft is combining the physical with the magical; the "super armor" effect described in the OP is an example of highly developed magicraft.

May I propose something as an addition to this?

Some ethnic groups are more prone to Mage abilities than others, as the gene for strong magic affinity is recessive, and would propagate through groups that would need the extra edge to stay alive, like steadying a gun barrel to kill a boar or helping a fire stay alight longer. The more prolonged stress, like rough winters or flooding, a group goes through, the more magically aligned they become.

Example: two hunters from Revaalsbandt are hunting Cedar Bear, one has the strong magic gene and the other with weak magic gene. They both fire and hit the same spot on two different bears. The weak magic users bullet hits the bear, but doesn't kill it instantly and the hunter killed. The strong magic users bullet hits the bear and fails to kill it, like the first bear, but the bear bleeds faster than he should and dies before he can maul the hunter.

In other words, some groups are more latently magical than others. This may translate in something as minor as better luck when hunting and gambling all the way up to full magic affinity in most of the population.

That's a great idea. Only problem I have with it is that I wanted to make magic something tangible that can be explained by science. However, the magical "energy" I described could play a role in what you wrote... I'll consider it. Thanks for the input!
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Cylarn
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14647
Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Looking at the infantry uniform pics. they're fine, though I'm not crazy about that long blouse. I feel as though it'd be an impediment to movement and other things.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Cylarn wrote:Looking at the infantry uniform pics. they're fine, though I'm not crazy about that long blouse. I feel as though it'd be an impediment to movement and other things.

Coats like that have actually been used throughout history in the real world. If the "skirt" part is loose enough, it doesn't really inhibit movement.

It could be detachable, I guess. Or you could button it up and slip you vest over it so it doesn't get in the way.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22143
Founded: May 09, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Agritum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:24 pm

>:(
Ayreonia wrote:
Cylarn wrote:Looking at the infantry uniform pics. they're fine, though I'm not crazy about that long blouse. I feel as though it'd be an impediment to movement and other things.

Coats like that have actually been used throughout history in the real world. If the "skirt" part is loose enough, it doesn't really inhibit movement.

It could be detachable, I guess. Or you could button it up and slip you vest over it so it doesn't get in the way.

Pretty sure a lot of WW2 games have longcoat wearing Germans.
Neoliberal Globalist Ukraine Supporter
Friedmanite Libertarian ALDE Eurofederalist



User avatar
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1209
Founded: Jun 01, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan Asian Amercian Coalition » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:39 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:May I propose something as an addition to this?

Some ethnic groups are more prone to Mage abilities than others, as the gene for strong magic affinity is recessive, and would propagate through groups that would need the extra edge to stay alive, like steadying a gun barrel to kill a boar or helping a fire stay alight longer. The more prolonged stress, like rough winters or flooding, a group goes through, the more magically aligned they become.

Example: two hunters from Revaalsbandt are hunting Cedar Bear, one has the strong magic gene and the other with weak magic gene. They both fire and hit the same spot on two different bears. The weak magic users bullet hits the bear, but doesn't kill it instantly and the hunter killed. The strong magic users bullet hits the bear and fails to kill it, like the first bear, but the bear bleeds faster than he should and dies before he can maul the hunter.

In other words, some groups are more latently magical than others. This may translate in something as minor as better luck when hunting and gambling all the way up to full magic affinity in most of the population.

That's a great idea. Only problem I have with it is that I wanted to make magic something tangible that can be explained by science. However, the magical "energy" I described could play a role in what you wrote... I'll consider it. Thanks for the input!

Well, I can have an idea of how it can be explained. I think that it doesn't violate the laws of physics, and is like electromagnetic radiation, but instead of photons, the Mage is subconsciously lying to the universe and convincing it something is a certain way.

Basically, they are telling the universe that it's wrong and convincing the universe it is, so it corrects to the mage's wishes. However, thermodynamics demands that the energy to make this change come from somewhere, and usually it's the caster's body. E.g. , a man keeping a fire burning will expend his own energy, the man's body heat in this case, to allow the fire to continue burning.

As for the transfer, my comparison to electromagnetic radiation comes here. People with the dominant gene emit 'magic' signals like an antenna, in order to transfer the needed energy to change the universe at the demanded moment and space. This energy comes from their body or a connected energy source. No energy is lost or created, just transferred. People without the affinity cannot transfer the energy much in the same way you cannot build a radio antenna out of a material that doesn't conduct electricity.
"Scientia viam libertatis "...................................................................................... ///I take my realism with cream and sugar///
MT/Near Future. Mechs, Railguns, Jet VTOLs, Etc.
Factbook under construction. Nat'l Anthem
Humanist Demi-Socialist Technocractic Militant Democracy. Quite a mouthfull, ain't it?
The End of Oil.------Tank otaku. Panzer is my passion!
XCOM Alphabet
Rupudska wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Nice to see that this is back.


You are impressively slow.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:That's a great idea. Only problem I have with it is that I wanted to make magic something tangible that can be explained by science. However, the magical "energy" I described could play a role in what you wrote... I'll consider it. Thanks for the input!

Well, I can have an idea of how it can be explained. I think that it doesn't violate the laws of physics, and is like electromagnetic radiation, but instead of photons, the Mage is subconsciously lying to the universe and convincing it something is a certain way.

Basically, they are telling the universe that it's wrong and convincing the universe it is, so it corrects to the mage's wishes. However, thermodynamics demands that the energy to make this change come from somewhere, and usually it's the caster's body. E.g. , a man keeping a fire burning will expend his own energy, the man's body heat in this case, to allow the fire to continue burning.

As for the transfer, my comparison to electromagnetic radiation comes here. People with the dominant gene emit 'magic' signals like an antenna, in order to transfer the needed energy to change the universe at the demanded moment and space. This energy comes from their body or a connected energy source. No energy is lost or created, just transferred. People without the affinity cannot transfer the energy much in the same way you cannot build a radio antenna out of a material that doesn't conduct electricity.

Brilliant.

Okay, folks, as much as worldbuilding is fun, we still have a couple positions open that I'd like filled before we get the IC rolling. These are:

2x AT gunners for Charlie
Medic for Charlie
Mortar leader for Delta
Mortar operator for Delta
Driver for Golf.

Tell me if any of these catch your fancy. I'll pick one myself if need be. I'll leave the CO and XO as NPCs until we decide they're needed. They probably won't be called Dickwit and Fuckstick, though.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Rephesus
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8061
Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Is it too late for me to join? I'd be interested in being a medic.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Rephesus wrote:Is it too late for me to join? I'd be interested in being a medic.

Excellent! We've one position for medic open.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
New Zepuha
Minister
 
Posts: 3077
Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zepuha » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:[spoiler]

Well, I can have an idea of how it can be explained. I think that it doesn't violate the laws of physics, and is like electromagnetic radiation, but instead of photons, the Mage is subconsciously lying to the universe and convincing it something is a certain way.

Basically, they are telling the universe that it's wrong and convincing the universe it is, so it corrects to the mage's wishes. However, thermodynamics demands that the energy to make this change come from somewhere, and usually it's the caster's body. E.g. , a man keeping a fire burning will expend his own energy, the man's body heat in this case, to allow the fire to continue burning.

As for the transfer, my comparison to electromagnetic radiation comes here. People with the dominant gene emit 'magic' signals like an antenna, in order to transfer the needed energy to change the universe at the demanded moment and space. This energy comes from their body or a connected energy source. No energy is lost or created, just transferred. People without the affinity cannot transfer the energy much in the same way you cannot build a radio antenna out of a material that doesn't conduct electricity.

Brilliant.

Okay, folks, as much as worldbuilding is fun, we still have a couple positions open that I'd like filled before we get the IC rolling. These are:

2x AT gunners for Charlie
Medic for Charlie
Mortar leader for Delta
Mortar operator for Delta
Driver for Golf.

Tell me if any of these catch your fancy. I'll pick one myself if need be. I'll leave the CO and XO as NPCs until we decide they're needed. They probably won't be called Dickwit and Fuckstick, though.

[/spoiler]

Well one of my characters can play medic for Charlie, that guy above my SSgt.
| Mallorea and Riva should resign | Sic Semper Tyrannis |
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

  • Worth: $1372 ($337 with sales)
  • Games owned: 106
  • Games not played: 34 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 2,471h

Likes: Libertarians, Law Enforcement, NATO, Shinzo Abe, Taiwan, Angele Merkel, Ron Paul, Israel, Bernie Sanders
Dislikes: Russia, Palestine, Socialism, 'Feminism', Obama, Mitch Daniels, DHS, Mike Pence, UN

[13:31] <Koyro> I want to be cremated, my ashes put into a howitzer shell and fired at the White House.

User avatar
Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10984
Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:38 pm

By the way, the spelling alphabet is still in the works. Ayreo, if you have any more names for major cities, regions, and duchies, please tell me. :)
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

User avatar
Rephesus
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8061
Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Rephesus wrote:Is it too late for me to join? I'd be interested in being a medic.

Excellent! We've one position for medic open.


Great.

Any specifics I need to know? Certain company, rank, etc?

User avatar
The Carlisle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10024
Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Found this which could help with naming in the mountainous area.

http://originalicia.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/berg-and-burg/
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Rephesus wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:Excellent! We've one position for medic open.


Great.

Any specifics I need to know? Certain company, rank, etc?

We're all in the 2nd "Werebear" mechanized company, 1st platoon. Medics are junior enlisted, you can find the ranks in the OP. The open position is in Charlie squad.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
The Carlisle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10024
Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:45 pm

I can make another character for the mortar team. Not sure If I should go with the mortar leader seeing as I'm already a leader in another squad. Mortar operator by default I guess. Anybody want to be a leader?
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

User avatar
Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22007
Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:46 pm

The Carlisle wrote:I can make another character for the mortar team. Not sure If I should go with the mortar leader seeing as I'm already a leader in another squad. Mortar operator by default I guess. Anybody want to be a leader?

I could make a third Cenricing, I kinda pictured them like the Carmines anyway.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

User avatar
The Carlisle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10024
Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:I can make another character for the mortar team. Not sure If I should go with the mortar leader seeing as I'm already a leader in another squad. Mortar operator by default I guess. Anybody want to be a leader?

I could make a third Cenricing, I kinda pictured them like the Carmines anyway.

Lol.

So mortar leader for you? If yes, I'll take the operator position.

Also, someone mentioned making a czech-like region or something. Lillian Skarbek could come from there. Can't wait to see it though.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

User avatar
Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22007
Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:49 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:I could make a third Cenricing, I kinda pictured them like the Carmines anyway.

Lol.

So mortar leader for you? If yes, I'll take the operator position.

Also, someone mentioned making a czech-like region or something. Lillian Skarbek could come from there. Can't wait to see it though.

Lol, sure, the most badass of the Cenricings. And Czech in language or geography?
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

User avatar
The Carlisle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10024
Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Lol.

So mortar leader for you? If yes, I'll take the operator position.

Also, someone mentioned making a czech-like region or something. Lillian Skarbek could come from there. Can't wait to see it though.

Lol, sure, the most badass of the Cenricings. And Czech in language or geography?

Well, not either really. More like German Czech. Like an area with a higher amount of Vyorony surnames, but are heavily Ezericized. Something like that really I think. It's a bit back in the thread. by a page or two.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

User avatar
Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22007
Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Name: "The Name's Halfdane Cenricing, anything less and I'll have my boot on your throat before you can react."
Age: "Thirty three, though I feel much younger that you had to ask."
Sex/gender: "Male."

Rank: "I'm a Sergeant in His Majesty's Mortar Squad."
Years of service: "It'll be my thirteenth year serving here."
Civilian occupation: "Before I enlisted I helped my mother out on the farm that we had. But that was before my twentieth, and after that I joined up."
Nobility: Halfdane just cackles. After recovering from his long laugh, he recomposes himself, before speaking. "No."

Preferred role:
  • Mortar Leader
  • Fire Controller
  • Mortar Operator
Preferred squad/platoon: N/A.

Appearance: Here. His beard is slightly shorter than it is in the picture to come closer to conform with uniform regulations, and his hair is much closer to his head than in the picture. Like his two siblings, he has jet black hair and ice blue eyes. [Before you point anything out, yes, all of the Cenricing men have been in the Night's Watch.]
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

User avatar
Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22007
Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:01 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Lol, sure, the most badass of the Cenricings. And Czech in language or geography?

Well, not either really. More like German Czech. Like an area with a higher amount of Vyorony surnames, but are heavily Ezericized. Something like that really I think. It's a bit back in the thread. by a page or two.

I'd be amenable to that. Somewhere in the Lowlands obviously.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

User avatar
Rephesus
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8061
Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:03 pm

Is there any way I can be some Noble Officer's bastard son?

Also, what kinda tech are we in? Just so I get an idea for my attached picture. Like WW2? Cold War? Modern?

User avatar
Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22007
Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Rephesus wrote:Is there any way I can be some Noble Officer's bastard son?

Also, what kinda tech are we in? Just so I get an idea for my attached picture. Like WW2? Cold War? Modern?

Cold War.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Rephesus wrote:Is there any way I can be some Noble Officer's bastard son?

Also, what kinda tech are we in? Just so I get an idea for my attached picture. Like WW2? Cold War? Modern?

Sure you can.

Tech is a bit arbitrary, but we've agreed on 50-60. So early Cold War.

Edit: the ninja of the Night's Watch got me.
Last edited by Ayreonia on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22007
Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Rephesus wrote:Is there any way I can be some Noble Officer's bastard son?

Also, what kinda tech are we in? Just so I get an idea for my attached picture. Like WW2? Cold War? Modern?

Sure you can.

Tech is a bit arbitrary, but we've agreed on 50-60. So early Cold War.

Is the App acceptable?
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agritum, Google [Bot], Gordano and Lysandus, Joohan, MSN [Bot], The National Dominion of Hungary

Advertisement

Remove ads