NATION

PASSWORD

Antediluvian Secrets (official POC worldbuilding thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we start the IC?

The platoon has just been formed, people don't know each other.
26%
The platoon is deployed so there's some burgeoning camaraderie, but mostly among those who are already friends from the home front.
63%
We've seen combat together: everybody knows everybody.
12%

Total votes : 43

Palonitr and Howland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Palonitr and Howland » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:39 am

Ayreonia wrote:
Agritum wrote:There's flowers in Finland? I thought you only had rocks. And snow.

That's the joke. If you answered "yes," they'd know you were prone to hallucinations.
Nature-Spirits wrote:I don't think Ayreo meant that there are only three duchies; I think he meant that those were the only three he's named.

Correctomundo. Winstor, Crávis and Sayshel. I don't even know how many of them are there.
The Kingdom of Rhamos wrote:I know a lot about western AFV's, what can I help you with?

I need an IFV that is a notBMP and not a BMP-1. It needs to be amphibious, have at least a 30mm cannon, be able to carry a squad of eight and be protected against small arms and light AT fire.
Transoxthraxia wrote:(obsessive insanity)

How-ley shieet.
Grenartia wrote:But seriously, here's the updated political map, and the updated tactical map.

This makes me happy.
Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:Nice language writeup.

Also, yay, finally put into a squad.

Edit: Beautiful placeholder names for the HQ.

:D
Toishima wrote:1) I'd like to help with the present weaponry. When I see the description for the Model 174 I think of an AK-M14-M63 hybrid, what being heavy, shit at full auto, reliable enough to survive hell and extremely modular. Furniture would be wooden and the folding stock would be thin with loose screws and have a tendency to fall off entirely.

2) Speaking of which, how are our enemies' weapons in comparison to ours?

1) Sox is working on pimpmygunning it, but what you've written is pretty close.
2) I don't know. You tell me.
Kisinger wrote:Damn... Still haven't been assigned....

It would help a fuckton if you linked to your app. I mean, it's buried somewhere within 16 pages on linguistic wankery.
Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:I made a (colourless, physical, slightly out-of-proportion) drawing of a basic infantry soldier, but I'm currently on mobile and it takes forever to upload.

Awesome.
Grenartia wrote:I think at this point, we can call this the most in-depth worldbuilding exercise yet created. At least its the most in-depth I've been involved in.

Palonitr and Howland wrote:I just have to say that this rp has given me the biggest headaches Ive had in my life. Its a great way to start my morn. Its beautiful how in depth this is going to be.

To think I started this with a black humor FML-type military farce. Now I don't even need to do anything. I just sit back and hand out compliments to people. Best Worldbuilder 2014, here I come!

Did you read my TG?

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:48 am

Palonitr and Howland wrote:Did you read my TG?

I did, actually, and promptly forgot about it. You've green light.

I think I should compile a list of worldbuilding stuff that has been done, what's being done, and what needs to be done. Yes.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:51 am

Ayreonia wrote:I need an IFV that is a not BMP and not a BMP-1. It needs to be amphibious, have at least a 30mm cannon, be able to carry a squad of eight and be protected against small arms and light AT fire.

...Chimera...

Ayreonia wrote:I don't know. You tell me.

It would be interesting if the Precambrians use weapons that fill in the holes the Antediluvian guns leave, while being weaker than the Antediluvians in other areas, giving some motivation to capture and use enemy weapons as well as to ignore them completely.

For this role, I give you the T-93 Assault Rifle.

A 5.56mm assault rifle, stripped down to almost just the bare essentials with little in the way of furniture to ease the manufacturing process. Think a stripped-down M14 EBR in general appearance and shape. It is light and comes with a collapsible stock, and some variants have a solid stock. Using smaller and weaker ammunition, it is also known to occasionally jam. Still highly durable, but difficult to disassemble. However, it is not modular at all and modification between one variant and the other requires long hours in a factory. This means the Precambrians have to rely on different weapons for different soldier roles, such as dedicated light machine guns and sniper rifles. Best fired in full auto or burst mode, there is no semi-automatic function... Which is stupid, since only 15-round and 20-round magazines are available for the weapon.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:52 am

Is there any treaties such as the Geneva Convention in place between the two sides that prevents certain actions between them? Such as looting and pillaging?

Also, I created up an cheap, mass produced IFV roughly based around the BMP series, I don't know much about IFVs so add anything or removing anything you guys want to.

type 13 IFV

With the front-lines gridlocked for almost thirty years, the Antediluvian army needed something to quickly transport troops safely through hostile territory in the great forest and provide heavy firepower at the same time. The type 13 IFV does just that, with a eight person transport capacity in the rear of the vehicle, a powerful and reliable V8 engine powering the tracks, sloped thick front armor plating capable of stopping most things thrown at it, A low profile turret, with the option of either a 100 mm gun or 30 mm auto cannon as the main armament, as well two 7.62 GPMG coaxial guns and an optional top mount for extra firepower, it fills the gap that Antediluvian army wanted to fill.

First produced twelve years ago, it is controlled by a three man crew, a driver, who controls the IFV from the front, has a coaxial machine-gun at his/hers disposal and uses three periscope vision-block for basic visibility whilst under fire and a open-able hatch for full visibility . The gunner, operates the vehicles gun turret which rests at the center of the vehicle, using either a one hundred millimeter smoothbore gun or a thirty millimeter auto loading cannon, with the added extra of a coaxial 7.62 GPMG. a 6x/6.7x magnification image intensifying monocular periscope sight device, an optical rangefinder, four day-use periscope vision blocks is also used by the gunner. And the commander, operates from the Commander's station which rests adjacent to the gunners station, commands the vehicle, with a basic radio setup, periscope vision-blocks which provides a (very limited) 360 degree view around the tank, and a binocular vision device at his/her disposal.

While the vehicle could be considered reliable and fast, it has a few problems, notably with the lack of visibility, particularly with the vehicles commander and driver. While periscope vision blocks offer a 360 degree visibility in the for the commander, however its still very limited, often forcing him/her to pop the hatch to properly observe his/her surroundings. Another problem is the armor, while the front armor is excellent, the side armor is a weak point, its can still effectively deflect small arms fire and light anti tank fire, but a hit from a launcher will effectively disable the vehicle and will almost always result in casualties inside the vehicle due to troop transport being extremely cramped, which is also uncomfortable, especially for those who are tall. The biggest weakness with the vehicle is its fuel source, while extremely cheap, its extremely flammable. On a number of occasions when the engine or internal fuel tanks have hit by any sort of round, fire tends rapidly breaks out within the vehicle, effectively frying the crew and passengers within, causing some to refer to them as cookers or toasters (due to the sight of crew members bailing out of the hatches, usually ablaze.)

Edit: Just noticed the post about not being based around BMP. Damn.
Last edited by Galdius on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:57 am

Galdius wrote:Is there any treaties such as the Geneva Convention in place between the two sides that prevents certain actions between the two groups? Such as looting and pillaging?

Also, I created up an cheap, mass produced IFV roughly based around the BMP series, I don't know much about IFVs so add anything or removing anything you guys want to.

type 13 IFV

With the front-lines gridlocked for almost thirty years, the Antediluvian army needed something to quickly transport troops safely through hostile territory in the great forest and provide heavy firepower at the same time. The type 13 IFV does just that, with a eight person transport capacity in the rear of the vehicle, a powerful and reliable V8 engine powering the tracks, sloped thick front armor plating capable of stopping most things thrown at it, A low profile turret, with the option of either a 100 mm gun or 30 mm auto cannon as the main armament, as well two 7.62 GPMG coaxial guns and an optional top mount for extra firepower, it fills the gap that Antediluvian army wanted to fill.

First produced twelve years ago, it is controlled by a three man crew, a driver, who controls the IFV from the front, has a coaxial machine-gun at his/hers disposal and uses three periscope vision-block for basic visibility whilst under fire and a open-able hatch for full visibility . The gunner, operates the vehicles gun turret which rests at the center of the vehicle, using either a one hundred millimeter smoothbore gun or a thirty millimeter auto loading cannon, with the added extra of a coaxial 7.62 GPMG. a 6x/6.7x magnification image intensifying monocular periscope sight device, an optical rangefinder, four day-use periscope vision blocks is also used by the gunner. And the commander, operates from the Commander's station which rests adjacent to the gunners station, commands the vehicle, with a basic radio setup, periscope vision-blocks which provides a (very limited) 360 degree view around the tank, and a binocular vision device at his/her disposal.

While the vehicle could be considered reliable and fast, it has a few problems, notably with the lack of visibility, particularly with the vehicles commander and driver. While periscope vision blocks offer a 360 degree visibility in the for the commander, however its still very limited, often forcing him/her to pop the hatch to properly observe his/her surroundings. Another problem is the armor, while the front armor is excellent, the side armor is a weak point, its can still effectively deflect small arms fire and light anti tank fire, but a hit from a launcher will effectively disable the vehicle and will almost always result in casualties inside the vehicle due to troop transport being extremely cramped, which is also uncomfortable, especially for those who are tall. The biggest weakness with the vehicle is its fuel source, while extremely cheap, its extremely flammable. On a number of occasions when the engine or internal fuel tanks have hit by any sort of round, fire tends rapidly breaks out within the vehicle, effectively frying the crew and passengers within the vehicle, causing some to refer to them as cookers or toasters (due to the sight of crew members bailing out of the hatches, usually ablaze.)

Edit: Just noticed the post about not being based around BMP. Damn.

Oh, notBMP means it's basically based on one, just not called it for reasons. Worry not.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:00 am

Is the... Is the driver compartment separate from the rest of the vehicle?
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:01 am

Toishima wrote:Is the... Is the driver compartment separate from the rest of the vehicle?

I didn't intend on it, but if you want to have that just add it in(Unless there a reason not to.)
Last edited by Galdius on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:02 am

Toishima wrote:Is the... Is the driver compartment separate from the rest of the vehicle?

I've only been in a BMP once, but I think the turret blocks access between the driver's station and the rest.

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:04 am

Ayreonia wrote:I've only been in a BMP once, but I think the turret blocks access between the driver's station and the rest.

Ah, just asking. The vehicle is perfect for my needs and purposes.
GOKIGENYOU~

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:13 am

Yay moar coding and pretty stuffs to come!

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:38 am

Ayr, on the subject of doggies. Perhaps the working dogs aren't from an MP capacity. I haven't really read much into infantry units using working dogs, but perhaps the Antediluvian High Command decided to begin an experimental program in which infantry units are equipped with working dogs in order to assist in cutting down losses due to ambushes and explosive devices.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:39 am

Wanted to make another char, since all the cool kids are doing it. Glory and honor for getting the reference.

Name: Alessia Ricce
Sex/gender: F

Years of service: Almost one
Civilian occupation: Struggling artist
Nobility: Claims she's one, but nobody believes her

Preferred role: APC commander/driver, depending on whether anybody else wants the other
Preferred squad/platoon: Hotel

Appearance: Short, quite athletic due to her dancing/theater "work." Regulation clothes fit her badly, to her constant horror, which is why she's trying to alter them all the time. Medium-short red hair, freckles, blue eyes. Her smile reveals her whole mouthful of quite crooked teeth.

Toishima wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:I've only been in a BMP once, but I think the turret blocks access between the driver's station and the rest.

Ah, just asking. The vehicle is perfect for my needs and purposes.

Subtle.
Mincaldenteans wrote:Yay moar coding and pretty stuffs to come!

How's the OP looking now, layout critic?
Last edited by Ayreonia on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:42 am

Cylarn wrote:Ayr, on the subject of doggies. Perhaps the working dogs aren't from an MP capacity. I haven't really read much into infantry units using working dogs, but perhaps the Antediluvian High Command decided to begin an experimental program in which infantry units are equipped with working dogs in order to assist in cutting down losses due to ambushes and explosive devices.

I don't know, dogs need trained handlers.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:47 am

It looks better! The boxes aren't in whacky sizes. As we head into IC, its likely that I'll have a new layout for you. Postpoc took 3 episodes to get the right feel, likely this would too -nodnod-

Kriegers
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriegers » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:57 am

I have awakened from my slumber. Tremble in fear, you misbegotten heathens!

(Good morning.)

(Unless it's not morning in your time zone.)
We speak a Germanic language that is not German.
If a non-human ever commands our forces
Anthem (Better)
Techs: PT, MT, PMT, FT, slightly FanT.
Enemies: Non-humans, mainly ponies.
Grenartia wrote:
Kriegers wrote:Looks interesting. I might join, let me just hit the WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE? button.

http://i.imgur.com/Q0YVcDA.jpg

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:00 am

I guess it's a bit trivial, but we could start discussing the camo pattern used by the Antediluvian Army. Both for warm and cold weather.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:01 am

Ayreonia wrote:
Cylarn wrote:Ayr, on the subject of doggies. Perhaps the working dogs aren't from an MP capacity. I haven't really read much into infantry units using working dogs, but perhaps the Antediluvian High Command decided to begin an experimental program in which infantry units are equipped with working dogs in order to assist in cutting down losses due to ambushes and explosive devices.

I don't know, dogs need trained handlers.

Welp, doesn't mean that an Infantryman can't go through specialized training to learn such a skill, or to bond with their animal.

Agritum wrote:I guess it's a bit trivial, but we could start discussing the camo pattern used by the Antediluvian Army. Both for warm and cold weather.

I'd say that either Woodland MARPAT or Multi-Cam would be pretty cool.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Kriegers
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriegers » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:03 am

Cylarn wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:I don't know, dogs need trained handlers.

Welp, doesn't mean that an Infantryman can't go through specialized training to learn such a skill, or to bond with their animal.

Agritum wrote:I guess it's a bit trivial, but we could start discussing the camo pattern used by the Antediluvian Army. Both for warm and cold weather.

And our enemy should have Russian camo cuz da ebul rushuns.
We speak a Germanic language that is not German.
If a non-human ever commands our forces
Anthem (Better)
Techs: PT, MT, PMT, FT, slightly FanT.
Enemies: Non-humans, mainly ponies.
Grenartia wrote:
Kriegers wrote:Looks interesting. I might join, let me just hit the WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE? button.

http://i.imgur.com/Q0YVcDA.jpg

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:04 am

Cylarn wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:I don't know, dogs need trained handlers.

Well, we're in a 60s like society, though.

If I recalled correctly.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:04 am

Trivial? Trivial is making up entire fucking language branches for this. Now I have to make the religion. :P
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:05 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Trivial? Trivial is making up entire fucking language branches for this. Now I have to make the religion. :P

Fill it with divinities to curse at.
Last edited by Agritum on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 am

Agritum wrote:
Cylarn wrote:

Well, we're in a 60s like society, though.

If I recalled correctly.

Sorry. I haven't been too active in here.

For a camouflage pattern for such a time period, I'd have to say that either Mitchell-pattern or Rhodesian brush camo would be good.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 am

Agritum wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Trivial? Trivial is making up entire fucking language branches for this. Now I have to make the religion. :P

Fill it with divinities to curse at.

There will be a primary dualistic deity, and his eight hundred companions that helped spread his word after his divine absolution, so there will be a number of them.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:16 am

Hey, if anyone knows a lot about biology/zoology/botany, could you perhaps come up with lists of animals and plants that would live in each geographical zone (specifically in the Forest, but also maybe in Antediluvia and in the world as a whole)? Make them up from scratch or just say what RL animals/plants would live in each area; it doesn't matter too much for my purposes (which are, by the way, incorporating some of said names into the spelling alphabet). Of course, if you do come up with original species (which, of course, you should only do if you want to), feel free to name them, but Trans or I might alter some of the names to fit more with the sound of the languages we've developed (of course, the names will sound pretty English-y, and should be easy to remember, but the etymology would likely change depending on their region of origin).
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:16 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Agritum wrote:Fill it with divinities to curse at.

There will be a primary dualistic deity, and his eight hundred companions that helped spread his word after his divine absolution, so there will be a number of them.

And again, once you come up with some names for notable religious figures, I might want to incorporate some of them into the spelling alphabet. ;)
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse