NATION

PASSWORD

Antediluvian Secrets (official POC worldbuilding thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we start the IC?

The platoon has just been formed, people don't know each other.
26%
The platoon is deployed so there's some burgeoning camaraderie, but mostly among those who are already friends from the home front.
63%
We've seen combat together: everybody knows everybody.
12%

Total votes : 43

Old Craet
Envoy

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Craet » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:41 am

After seeing all the weirdness, I might make Lizzy Bi.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:14 am

Rupudska wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Join the Queer Asskickers.
I command you.

Oh I intend to.

Yes! We shall obliterate the enemy with rainbows, sparkles, and large pointy dildos! :twisted:

Agritum wrote:So Ayre, I've got a little idea: I could make a nice Spotify playlist everyone could listen to if they wanted some "ambience" to the RP. Since I'm getting quite the mood from reading the OP with "For What It's Worth" in the background.

I like this idea. The right type of music can be very conducive to creative writing.
Last edited by Nature-Spirits on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:32 am

Okay, most of you have been assigned to your squads now. Sadly, not everyone got their first pick, but I tried to balance your wants with the platoon's needs. Check the "personnel" post. I've still to figure out a few characters, particularly our mortar section, so if yours isn't listed, don't panic.

Also added maps, courtesy of Gren, and prettified the OP as per Min's design. Big thanks to both of them.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:40 am

I'm considering taking the captain's position, but I have no real knowledge of military officer lingo and stuff. Well, I was in JROTC, but it's not the best source.

Sorry. I had a critical reading failure...

Also, nothing in the vehicles tab. Can't wait to see what we are kitted out with.
Last edited by The Carlisle on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 am

If you need somebody to be the Company's CO I could do it hell even a NCO, I will do it. But I will wait for you... 0.0
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:49 am

Ayreonia wrote:Okay, most of you have been assigned to your squads now. Sadly, not everyone got their first pick, but I tried to balance your wants with the platoon's needs. Check the "personnel" post. I've still to figure out a few characters, particularly our mortar section, so if yours isn't listed, don't panic.

Also added maps, courtesy of Gren, and prettified the OP as per Min's design. Big thanks to both of them.

Great.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:00 am

Fantastic. Question, though. Will all the squads be close together? Or will they be operating relatively independently of one another?
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:10 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:Fantastic. Question, though. Will all the squads be close together? Or will they be operating relatively independently of one another?

Since it is a mechanized Company I would assume relatively close due to the fact that IFVs operate better when there are nearby IFVs because it equals more firepower which is what most tacticians desire. Really depends on the doctrine tht we will use, but I would suggest Platoon's squads stay relatively close together and platoons are farther apart. In the end it is up to the OP and CO of the Company
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:17 am

Interest.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature.
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.
I am against Gay attitudes towards pretty much anything.
Hungary people need to just eat some endangered animals.
Mallorea and Riva should be awarded for their actions.

Esconelle
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esconelle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:49 am

Hopefully I'm not too late to join this...

Name: Gabrielle Collins
Sex/gender: F

Years of service:
Civilian occupation: Beautician/Cosmetologist
Nobility:

Preferred role: Medic, Loader, Mortar Operator
Preferred squad/platoon:

Appearance: Linky
Le République Populaire d'Esçonelle

Pardon my French; I don't speak it, but I have enough interest in it to warrant the creation of a French-themed nation so it would be appreciated if you could TG me any grammatical or spelling errors that you see, merci.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Agritum wrote:So Ayre, I've got a little idea: I could make a nice Spotify playlist everyone could listen to if they wanted some "ambience" to the RP. Since I'm getting quite the mood from reading the OP with "For What It's Worth" in the background.

May I suggest one or two versions of "Suicide is Painless"? Seems like the movie and the show have the same kind of tone Ayreo's going for here.

I've also got many, many other songs I can suggest.

Ayreonia wrote:Okay, most of you have been assigned to your squads now. Sadly, not everyone got their first pick, but I tried to balance your wants with the platoon's needs. Check the "personnel" post. I've still to figure out a few characters, particularly our mortar section, so if yours isn't listed, don't panic.

WOOHOO!

The Carlisle wrote:I'm considering taking the captain's position, but I have no real knowledge of military officer lingo and stuff. Well, I was in JROTC, but it's not the best source.

Also, nothing in the vehicles tab. Can't wait to see what we are kitted out with.

Actually, I was thinking of making an officer based on one of the characters from M*A*S*H.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:05 pm

Grenartia wrote:

May I suggest one or two versions of "Suicide is Painless"? Seems like the movie and the show have the same kind of tone Ayreo's going for here.

WOOHOO!

The Carlisle wrote:I'm considering taking the captain's position, but I have no real knowledge of military officer lingo and stuff. Well, I was in JROTC, but it's not the best source.

Actually, I was thinking of making an officer based on one of the characters from M*A*S*H.

God damn, that's better than me. All I would have done was faff about incompetently.

Though I could maybe be your senior lieutenant Who has a secret crush on them and only chose the position to get close hold me senpai :p
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Awesome.

Also, what do you think of my idea (and others' of course)?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Just for my character. Since he is a ducal heir, I would like to request that I name a place on the map to call his 'home'

The major city tucked away in the bowl shaped valley under the legend. I would like that to be the city. It's name is Oorburg, after house Oorburg which ruled over the territory for centuries. The city is a major mining and smelting city. Rich in coal and metals, the city is an important area both economically and militarily. A large munitions factory calls its home there, supplying the military a large chunk of its munitions.

It's position makes it difficult to capture from the East, even in modern warfare. The only navigable route to the East is a small mountain pass call Deadman's run. Sheer cliffs on both sides going up and down, and areas that are only wide for a person, the area is naturally defensive. It was made economically viable 200 years ago, when House Oorburg invested in building sturdy metal ledges to allow the building of roads on top of them. But to keep the defensiveness up, they also had the ledges rigged with explosives to collapse the metal ledges, making it impossible to navigate with anything bigger than a man. The ledges have been blown many times, which can be seen by black marks and collapsed cliffs. But they are only really blown when Precambrians invade through that corridor.

Just an idea for flavor.
Last edited by The Carlisle on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:34 pm

No IC?
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:No IC?

Not yet. Things are getting ready. Trust me, it'll be good.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:38 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:No IC?

Not yet. Things are getting ready. Trust me, it'll be good.

On what authority are you saying that? :lol2:
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Looks like I haven't been assigned to a squad yet. Oh well.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:40 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Not yet. Things are getting ready. Trust me, it'll be good.

On what authority are you saying that? :lol2:

MY AUTHORITY. Which extends to and ends at three foot radius around my body....

But no. From the last RP, I can tell it'll be good.

Also, you spotted my little lore thingy in the spoiler?
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Can there be callsigns?
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

Kanye West 2024

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Tag of interest (normally I wouldn't tag, but to show you I'm interested I will)
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Can there be callsigns?

There's squad callsigns. Real soldiers don't have those super lame callsigns like in cowwa doody, even in tier one SOF units.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Toishima is awake now.

Is it just me/Firefox, or are some of the OP images not showing properly?
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Can there be callsigns?

There's squad callsigns. Real soldiers don't have those super lame callsigns like in cowwa doody, even in tier one SOF units.

That's what I was asking.

Where's the list?
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:54 pm

Ayreonia wrote:The Theater of Operations

(Image)

Higher-res of the operational map above
The warring states and their neighbors
The world

Map credit to Grenartia. Ain't they awesome?

I might not be as awesome as you think. :P

I noticed an error in the tactical map (X's should be bases, O's should be cities), and I thought that you'd list the names for 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the political map. I can correct the first error, and can probably change out the numbers for names on the second (if you can give me names for 1 and 4, since 2 and 3 are Antediluvia and Precambria, respectively), but that's not a guarantee.

Also, thanks for getting the pronoun right!

The Carlisle wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

WOOHOO!

God damn, that's better than me. All I would have done was faff about incompetently.

Though I could maybe be your senior lieutenant Who has a secret crush on them and only chose the position to get close hold me senpai :p

Actually, the Captain's position is filled, according to the OP (I'm guessing the lack of an app means Ayreo's going to post it later), which means unless he just makes new HQ officer positions and jobs avaliable, there's only one officer spot left until a new platoon is formed.

Also, senpai noticed me! :p

The Carlisle wrote:Just for my character. Since he is a ducal heir, I would like to request that I name a place on the map to call his 'home'

The major city in the southeast in the mountains right next to the Precambrian border. I would like that to be the city. It's name is Oorburg, after house Oorburg which ruled over the territory for centuries. The city is a major mining and smelting city. Rich in coal and metals, the city is an important area both economically and militarily. A large munitions factory calls its home there, supplying the military a large chunk of its munitions.

It's position makes it difficult to capture from the East, even in modern warfare. The only navigable route to the East is a small mountain pass call Deadman's run. Sheer cliffs on both sides going up and down, and areas that are only wide for a person, the area is naturally defensive. It was made economically viable 200 years ago, when House Oorburg invested in building sturdy metal ledges to allow the building of roads on top of them. But to keep the defensiveness up, they also had the ledges rigged with explosives to collapse the metal ledges, making it impossible to navigate with anything bigger than a man. The ledges have been blown many times, which can be seen by black marks and collapsed cliffs. But they are only really blown when Precambrians invade through that corridor.

Just an idea for flavor.

:oops:

You might want to see the above error. That 'city' next to the border is supposed to be a base.

After all, its pretty hard for it to be a major Antediluvian city when its that close to the front, and it would've been under Precambrian borders before the war.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse