NATION

PASSWORD

Antediluvian Secrets (official POC worldbuilding thread)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we start the IC?

The platoon has just been formed, people don't know each other.
11
26%
The platoon is deployed so there's some burgeoning camaraderie, but mostly among those who are already friends from the home front.
27
63%
We've seen combat together: everybody knows everybody.
5
12%
 
Total votes : 43

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Bone Fort wrote:Could you explain a little more about the levy rank? Are they actually a full part of the military given a full uniform and all, or are they basically militia, civilians given a gun and temporary rank?

Okay, so in countries with conscription, you have to register for the draft at a certain age, usually 18. In Antediluvia, a Levy is someone who has been pressed into service but has yet to start their training, or has started it but hasn't sworn the oath yet.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1209
Founded: Jun 01, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan Asian Amercian Coalition » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Cylarn wrote:I invited some people. Going to try to round up the old Post-Poc crew.

Peek-a-boo!

Man, this looks fantastic. Count me in.
Name: Artyom Barrisivo
Age: 23
Sex/gender: M

Rank: Private
Years of service: 0.1
Civilian occupation: Hunter
Nobility: Son of the daughter of a exiled queen.

Preferred role: Marksman, AT Gunner, or Vehicle Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon: (If none, leave empty.)

Appearance: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/069/c/7/russia_hetalia_russia_e2_9d_a6_17204366_1000_1_by_animeloverforever199-d79om10.jpg
Last edited by Pan Asian Amercian Coalition on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Scientia viam libertatis "...................................................................................... ///I take my realism with cream and sugar///
MT/Near Future. Mechs, Railguns, Jet VTOLs, Etc.
Factbook under construction. Nat'l Anthem
Humanist Demi-Socialist Technocractic Militant Democracy. Quite a mouthfull, ain't it?
The End of Oil.------Tank otaku. Panzer is my passion!
XCOM Alphabet
Rupudska wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Nice to see that this is back.


You are impressively slow.

User avatar
Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10984
Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Also, the app asks for gender. Does this mean that females can, in fact, join the military? More generally, what is the female gender's role in society compared to that of males?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Cylarn wrote:Yo, part of me thinks that two IC threads could work good. In one, we'd run operations and such. In the other, we'd have a general character-building IC thread. Just a suggestion.

I was actually planning for separate ICs for each platoon, in case we get a lot of characters. We'll see.
Nature-Spirits wrote:@Ayr: What can you tell me about vehicles?

That the stuff I wrote about them disappeared along with my whole damn clipboard. Basically, our company, a mechanized one, has infantry fighting vehicles (3 per platoon), trucks and APCs. There's a tank company in the battalion whose platoons of four MBTs can be attached to us at our request.

There's also jeeps for transport in low-intensity areas and motorcycles for messengers.
Hornesia wrote:Name: James Hersko
Age: 22
Sex/gender: Yes/Male

Rank: Coporal
Years of service: 2
Civilian occupation: Criminal Justice Student
Nobility:

Preferred role: Squad Leader, Vehicle Commander, Fire Controller
Preferred squad/platoon:

Appearance: James

Added as leader of Werebear 1 Alpha.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, all apps so far have been accepted.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
The Almighty Bob
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1078
Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Almighty Bob » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Name: Alexander McGanigan
Age: 25
Sex/gender: Male

Rank: Lance Corporal
Years of service: 5
Civilian occupation: Owned his own shop. Mostly trinkets, really. At least, that's what he insists
Nobility: HAHAHAH! No.

Preferred role: 1. Marksman 2. AT Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon: N/A

Appearance: Strange silver eyes, black hair, and very tall, Alexander cuts an imposing figure. He is solemn, and doesn't talk much, but if a friend is killed he will fight to the death to avenge him.
Last edited by The Almighty Bob on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:Also, the app asks for gender. Does this mean that females can, in fact, join the military? More generally, what is the female gender's role in society compared to that of males?

Females not only can join, but are required to, the same as men. The requirements for specific jobs are the same regardless of gender, so you do see less women on the frontlines, but they're not a rarity. Some leaders dislike having female soldiers, since they're seen by some as more hot-headed and cruel. Then again, other leaders value these very traits.

Antediluvian society in general is disgustingly egalitarian. Gender roles and stereotypes do exist, of course, but everyone is legally equal, be they women, men, trans, whatever of the dozens of genders I don't understand, straight, gay, white, black, whatever. Oh, except if you're a magician. Foreigners are, of course, looked down upon and treated like shit.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10984
Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Also, the app asks for gender. Does this mean that females can, in fact, join the military? More generally, what is the female gender's role in society compared to that of males?

Females not only can join, but are required to, the same as men. The requirements for specific jobs are the same regardless of gender, so you do see less women on the frontlines, but they're not a rarity. Some leaders dislike having female soldiers, since they're seen by some as more hot-headed and cruel. Then again, other leaders value these very traits.

Antediluvian society in general is disgustingly egalitarian. Gender roles and stereotypes do exist, of course, but everyone is legally equal, be they women, men, trans, whatever of the dozens of genders I don't understand, straight, gay, white, black, whatever. Oh, except if you're a magician. Foreigners are, of course, looked down upon and treated like shit.

Oh, cool. Thanks.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:
Cylarn wrote:I invited some people. Going to try to round up the old Post-Poc crew.

Peek-a-boo!

Man, this looks fantastic. Count me in.
Name: Artyom Barrisivo
Age: 23
Sex/gender: M

Rank: Private
Years of service: 0.1
Civilian occupation: Hunter
Nobility: Son of the daughter of a exiled queen.

Preferred role: Marksman, AT Gunner, or Vehicle Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon: (If none, leave empty.)

Appearance: http://images.sgcafe.net/2013/08/216893.jpg

Looks like Cy made good of his promise to advertise. Hi, Pan.
The Almighty Bob wrote:Name: Alexander McGanigan
Age: 25
Sex/gender: Male

Rank: Lance Corporal
Years of service: 5
Civilian occupation: Owned his own shop. Mostly trinkets, really. At least, that's what he insists
Nobility: HAHAHAH! No.

Preferred role: 1. Marksman 2. AT Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon: N/A

Appearance: Strange silver eyes, black hair, and very tall, Alexander cuts an imposing figure. He is solemn, and doesn't talk much, but if a friend is killed he will fight to the death to avenge him.

Since there's already a marksman in Alpha, I'll add him as the second AT gunner. If not okay, he can be the first member of Bravo, whichever you prefer.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
The Almighty Bob
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1078
Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Almighty Bob » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Peek-a-boo!

Man, this looks fantastic. Count me in.
Name: Artyom Barrisivo
Age: 23
Sex/gender: M

Rank: Private
Years of service: 0.1
Civilian occupation: Hunter
Nobility: Son of the daughter of a exiled queen.

Preferred role: Marksman, AT Gunner, or Vehicle Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon: (If none, leave empty.)

Appearance: http://images.sgcafe.net/2013/08/216893.jpg

Looks like Cy made good of his promise to advertise. Hi, Pan.
The Almighty Bob wrote:Name: Alexander McGanigan
Age: 25
Sex/gender: Male

Rank: Lance Corporal
Years of service: 5
Civilian occupation: Owned his own shop. Mostly trinkets, really. At least, that's what he insists
Nobility: HAHAHAH! No.

Preferred role: 1. Marksman 2. AT Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon: N/A

Appearance: Strange silver eyes, black hair, and very tall, Alexander cuts an imposing figure. He is solemn, and doesn't talk much, but if a friend is killed he will fight to the death to avenge him.

Since there's already a marksman in Alpha, I'll add him as the second AT gunner. If not okay, he can be the first member of Bravo, whichever you prefer.

Totally fine, yeah. AT gunner works.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:57 pm

The Almighty Bob wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:Looks like Cy made good of his promise to advertise. Hi, Pan.

Since there's already a marksman in Alpha, I'll add him as the second AT gunner. If not okay, he can be the first member of Bravo, whichever you prefer.

Totally fine, yeah. AT gunner works.

Oh, and if it's okay, I'd rather he were a Private. There's a lot of LCpl's in Alpha as it is.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Cylarn
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14639
Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
The Almighty Bob wrote:Totally fine, yeah. AT gunner works.

Oh, and if it's okay, I'd rather he were a Private. There's a lot of LCpl's in Alpha as it is.


I hope they're not all Senior Lance Corporals.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:Oh, and if it's okay, I'd rather he were a Private. There's a lot of LCpl's in Alpha as it is.


I hope they're not all Senior Lance Corporals.

Cy, in which circle of Hell is that a rank?
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Cylarn
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14639
Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Cylarn wrote:
I hope they're not all Senior Lance Corporals.

Cy, in which circle of Hell is that a rank?


The US Marine Corps.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

User avatar
Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10984
Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Name: Wymond Dalca (born Isolde Dalca)
Age: 23
Sex/gender: Born female, identifies as male

Rank: Private
Years of service: 3
Civilian occupation: Mechanic
Nobility: N/A

Preferred role: Driver (Jeep)
Preferred squad/platoon: N/A

Appearance: Kinda like this. He wears a binder to keep his breasts flat against his chest. And yes, he is still physically female.
Last edited by Nature-Spirits on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:Cy, in which circle of Hell is that a rank?


The US Marine Corps.

You sure? Marines.mil doesn't list it.
Nature-Spirits wrote:Name: Wymond Dalca (born Isolde Dalca)
Age: 23
Sex/gender: Born female, identifies as male

Rank: Private
Years of service: 3
Civilian occupation: Mechanic
Nobility: N/A

Preferred role: Driver (Jeep)
Preferred squad/platoon: N/A

Appearance: Kinda like this. He wears a binder to keep his breasts flat against his chest. And yes, he is still physically female.

I'll add him to HQ as driver.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40602
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about making you the map for this.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10984
Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Name: Wymond Dalca (born Isolde Dalca)

I'll add him to HQ as driver.

Cool.

Speaking of which, how far apart are the platoons, and where is HQ in relation to them?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40602
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:I'll add him to HQ as driver.

Cool.

Speaking of which, how far apart are the platoons, and where is HQ in relation to them?


I think those are questions Ayreo might be able to better answer once he has my map(s). I'll have them up within a day. I'm waiting on dinner to cook right now, then it'll take me a few hours to do some editing.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10984
Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Cool.

Speaking of which, how far apart are the platoons, and where is HQ in relation to them?


I think those are questions Ayreo might be able to better answer once he has my map(s). I'll have them up within a day. I'm waiting on dinner to cook right now, then it'll take me a few hours to do some editing.

Gotcha.

Then I'll go do my take-home test.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

User avatar
Old Craet
Envoy
 
Posts: 290
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Craet » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Name: Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Wellington
Age: 24
Sex/gender: Female

Rank: Conscript
Years of service: First Tour
Civilian occupation: Factory Worker
Nobility: Avarage Civilian

Preferred role: 1. Rifleman 2. Marksman 3. Support Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon: Don't care.

Appearance: Black Shoulder-length Hair, Brown Eyes, 6'2". Has a very disiplined look to her.
Last edited by Old Craet on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Old Craet wrote:Name: Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Wellington
Age: 24
Sex/gender: Female

Rank: Private
Years of service: First Tour
Civilian occupation: Factory Worker
Nobility: Avarage Civilian

Preferred role: 1. Rifleman 2. Marksman 3. Support Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon: Don't care.

Appearance: Black Shoulder-length Hair, Brown Eyes, 6'2". Has a very disiplined look to her.

I'll add her, then head to bed. If anyone signs up while I'm unconscious, you can form another squad if you want to.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Old Craet
Envoy
 
Posts: 290
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Craet » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Old Craet wrote:Name: Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Wellington
Age: 24
Sex/gender: Female

Rank: Private
Years of service: First Tour
Civilian occupation: Factory Worker
Nobility: Avarage Civilian

Preferred role: 1. Rifleman 2. Marksman 3. Support Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon: Don't care.

Appearance: Black Shoulder-length Hair, Brown Eyes, 6'2". Has a very disiplined look to her.

I'll add her, then head to bed. If anyone signs up while I'm unconscious, you can form another squad if you want to.

Alright.

User avatar
Old Craet
Envoy
 
Posts: 290
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Craet » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Is it possible to have two characters?

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9712
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Name:Fenix Feulicid
Age:19
Sex/gender:M

Rank:Private
Years of service:13 months
Civilian occupation:N/A
Nobility:
He is son of a businessman

Preferred role:
Rifleman
Driver
Gunner
Preferred squad/platoon:N/A

Appearance: (Description or photo, optional.)
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10984
Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Old Craet wrote:Is it possible to have two characters?

Ayreonia wrote:You're not only allowed, but encouraged to have more than one character.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alaroma, Dentali, Farilexasm, Frachen, Gudmund, Pere Housh Alpha, Ralnis, Rostavykhan, Sanabel, TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON, The Democratic Marxists, The Island of Webb

Advertisement

Remove ads