NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Giovenith wrote:In Classic PL style, I resurrect this meme.

Your characters' general opinions/intentions/relationship about the people they've interacted with thus far, go.

Old examples:
NVE
Tsu
Tilt
Bran
Dab
GT
Me

Tsu's sisters..I wish I gave them.more personality and chances to shine.

Also,the opinions on them seem to varie.
Last edited by Tsuyoi Tekikoku on Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Torii's diary.

Bran: She looks up to him, even after all that they've fought about.
Tsu: Distrustful and angry, but also happy deep down inside for her return.
Gio: Her best friend, who she feels 100% comfortable talking to.
Yuna: Other best friend, who she loves to play with and sung out with.
Drova: Curious, wants to know more about him, friendly.
Marcus: A close confidant, who she doesn't mind telling personal stuff to. Less clingy to him than others, but still close. Likes to play with/ pick on/ flirt with.
Kale: Funny and endearing. Despite their differences, Torii likes her. Peculiar.
NVE: She trusts him somewhat, but still has suspicions. Relies on occasionally.
Dora: Doesn't trust her very much, uncomfortable around her, but she doesn't hate her.
Tasia: Likes as a friend.
Chrys: Neutral.
Mezran: Thinks he's cool. About it.
Bones: He weirds her out.
Flint: Trusts her, looks up to her to a degree.
Sinyaya: Thinks she's adorable.
Varona: Respects her trusts her.

That's all I got ATM.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:17 pm

NICK
Bran: Nice enough.
Rylli: Confusing and odd.
Kei: Nice. Comfy. Accommodating.
Kale: Something like a hyper kitten at times, but nice.
Klaus: Confusing. Nick senses something off about him; hence, uncomfortable around said.
Hans: Seems okay but...
Rudolf: Comforting, kind.
Marcus: Intelligent.
Dani: Who?
Giovenith: Friendly. Sweet. God thing is a bit weird.
Willow: Nice enough.
Dan: Who?
Sinyaya: Adorable, refreshing, pleasant, and very nice.
Cinnamon: Frightening.
Namal: Nice, accommodating
Sterling: Seems okay, useful powers
Sanjay: Vague negative memory.
Lillian: Nice enough, refreshing conversationalist, supportive, affectionate
Swith/Sanemi: Who? That person with the clean apartment?
Naomi: Oh, she's the one with the clean apartment.
Myra: Might remember that she hangs around with some of the teens he is better acquainted with.
Turtleboss: Neutral.
Nex: Positive opinion.
Tilt's cultists: Apparently,family. That means a great deal to him, and he's more likely to trust one due to it.
Chrys: Nice person. Comfy neck.
Dora: Bit serious, but nice. Warm. Warm lap.
Tasia: Who?
Dia: Reassuring.
TNEL's chars: Who?
Torii: Really accepting. Someone who he wants to be a good friend to, because she really needs some and because thus far she's been that to him.
Ryn: ?

Rmwtyliin
Marcus: A chivalrous knight. Literally.
Giovenith: Really nice. Understanding. Comforting. Oh, and very normal!
Torii: Seems to understand what's going on. Situations a bit similar, as she's also missing her sister. Perhaps not human, given her weapon and the situation with the "trapped sun."
Bran: Neutral. Ish. (He's male; that counts against him somewhat.) Perhaps not human, given the situation with the "trapped sun."
Jorgen: A knight.
Kage: Reminds her of Ijj a tiny bit. Not too bad.
Kale: Either a spirit or somehow empowered by one. Either way, eek.
Paul: Pretty terrifying.
Aegis: Not going to be trusted without a lot of explaining.
NVE: Odd. To the point that she avoids thinking about it too much.
Swith: Very kind, and probably safe.
Duncan: Odd, but okay/helpful.
Reginald: Neutral. Is frightened by violent attitude, but violence does appear to be necessary at this time.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Giovenith
Torii: Close friend. Sometimes gets frustrated with, but ultimately her loyalty and love towards her outweighs that. Wants her to be healthy, safe, and happy.
Marcus: Extremely close friend, feels like he understands her more than most people. Understands that he's seen darker days than her, and respects that side of him. Has a crush on, first crush, but is too behind in that social aspect to have much clue of this.
Kale: Loves her style so much. Nature-loving, happy, eccentric, that's the way to go!
Lilian: Cute and friendly, relates to her quite a bit.
Rmwtyliin: Panicky now, but assured they'll become greats friends soon enough.
Willow: Adores, as a friend, a fellow artist, and an adorable talking pony. Sometimes gets frustrated with, but rarely these days, as they are good at working out problems.
Turtleboss: Her little baby.
Pippa-Michelle: Fond of, but probably doesn't pay as much attention to her as she should.
Dora: Cool grown up lady.
Nick: Adorable, smart kitty.
Conservators in general: Trusts as a presence of authority.
Nikanor family: Old friends.
Raptor family: Old friends.
Luxans: Old friends.
Bones and co.: Old friends.
"Good" Chaos family and affiliations: Old friends.
Reginald: Who?
Jorgen: Who?
Kage: Who?
Paul: Kale's friend?

Honestly, Gio's been around since thread one, so this could go on forever.

Pippa-Michelle
Giovenith: Creator, primary master, "Geometric Puzzle." Loves more than any other being in the world, adores being around her and earning her affections. Worst fear is being abandoned or useless to her.
Willow: Four-legged fleshy, secondary master, "Pretzels." Ultimately likes and feels safe around, but is more scared of than Giovenith because he actually chastises her when she does something wrong.
Turtleboss: Beloved companion. Best friend.
Bran: Nice, generous fleshy.
Rylli: Awe-inspiring fleshy with the way she pushed a new fleshy out of her.
Rachelle: Wisest creature on earth.
Tolya: Most mind-baffling thing ever conceived.
Prim: On good terms with, trusts.
A squirrel in the nearby woods: Sworn enemy.

Willow
Giovenith: Friend, respected fellow artist, somewhat little sister figure (as she is to many people). Sometimes gets frustrated with her, but ultimately loves and is protective of.
Pippa-Michelle: Goofy golem of Gio's. Sometimes awkward to be around, but ultimately harmless and friendly.
Turtleboss: Just Gio's pet. Kind of cute, in an ugly-cute kind of way (like a pug). Occasionally helps by filling his food bowl and such.
Sterling: Best friend. Misses pretty badly, but is moving past that.
Brit: Surprisingly good friend. A little put-off by her more abrasive approach to certain things, but ultimately appreciates having her around.
Toscha: A friend, but doesn't see too often these days.
Prim: Sorta-friend, sorta-creeped out by. Certainly not an enemy. Does suspect he's more interested in studying him than anything else, but doesn't really feel bothered or threatened by this, so ultimately it doesn't matter and is nothing to get worked up about.
Raptor family: Odd, but genial.
Rylli: Human Wonderbolt?
Flint: Neutral.
Cinnamon: Mostly neutral, was put-off by her briefly assuming he produced pin-ups, but hardly holds that against her.
Rudolf: Nice guy.
Ogoti: Knows he's a god, but not much beyond that.
Marcus: Never personally met, but has seen the way he treats Gio and thus likes.
Last edited by Giovenith on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Hmm, this would be interesting to do. The sad part is half to most of my chars don't know the rest of you >_>

Serious remedying, that, must.

<_<

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Shit, back in my old meme of that caliber, Lidev was still called "Demon"

Those days go back . . .
In other news, using this layer to look at North Korea to find their defense systems through Google earth.

The AAA ring around Pyongyang can lob 63,000 tons of ammunition into the air within 1-minute of firing.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:53 pm

I plugged names, adjectives, etc. appropriate for Fvaarniimar into this tool. :rofl:
I thought you might find the result amusing.
Terrible Teen Paranormal Romance Story

Gfloordib knew Avoo was different from the other boys at school.

She noticed it the very first time she laid eyes on him - there was something about the way he lusciously understood his Armpit when he saw. Also, he seemed to have an unusual knowledge about diplomacy. And just last Tuesday after History, she saw him breaks the steel door down.

There was something else she knew: she was in love with him. But she didn't know how to win his affections, for he was always cold and distant.

One night, Gfloordib was reading An inscription about paranormal creatures when she realized the truth: Avoo was a Corporeal spirit!

The next day after class, Gfloordib saw Avoo head off into The restaurant. ''It's now or never,'' she told herself with resignation, and glided after him.

When she caught up to him, he was standing behind A dhjeedu tree.

''Avoo, it's me, Gfloordib. I... I have to tell you something... I love you!''

He sighed deeply and meandered toward her. ''Oh, Gfloordib, there are things you don't understand about me.''

''I know more than you think,'' she breathed. ''I know that you're a Corporeal spirit.''

''It's more complicated than that,'' he said, staring into her greener than the sky is blue eyes. ''Love between your kind and mine is forbidden. They would destroy us both if they knew.''

''I don't care,'' Gfloordib said. ''I could never live without you.''

''Really?''

''Truly,'' she answered.

He reached up and gently caressed her Loin in his placid hands. ''I love you, too,'' he whispered.
And then he kissed her. His kisses were like Medicinal nutcase-scented Sand upon her lips.
The days and weeks that followed were precious. They Played a game, Hung out in a forest, and Swam. It seemed that nothing could come between them.
One night while playing with her civet cat, a crackle was heard from outside the kitchen window. ''They've found us,'' Avoo whispered solemnly.
Gfloordib sighed. ''At least we've had this short time together.''
''I won't let them take you from me,'' he promised.

As soon as he spoke, the enemy's leader burst through the door. ''Stand aside!'' the leader ordered Avoo.
''Never! She is my true love, and you will not take her from me!'' Avoo stood defiantly between Gfloordib and the leader.

''Then you will both die!''

The leader lunged forward, but Avoo stood his ground. With a cry, he met the leader head-on. In a swift move, Avoo ripped off the leader's Temple and kicked him in the Collarbone. Mortally wounded, the leader gasped and died.
Seeing their mighty leader fall to Avoo's strength, his underlings panicked and ran away, disappearing into the night.
''That was amazing,'' Gfloordib breathed.

Avoo leaned down and gently brushed his lips against hers, his Medicinal nutcase-scented breath caressing her cheek. ''Your love for me gave me the strength I needed. Now, everything is perfect.''
''Almost perfect...''

''Almost?''

''Everything would be perfect if you made me like you. I know you can do it.''

''Are you sure? If I did this, you'd never be able to wipe one's derriere again.''

''I'm sure,'' she breathed.

Avoo met Gfloordib's Mole, allowing his very essence to flow into her body. She sighed, then whispered.
Soon, the transformation was complete. Gfloordib was now a glowing Corporeal spirit, just like Avoo. Everything truly was perfect.
The End.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Application:

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Slobo

Character Name: Sanford “Sandy” Bela (married to Amanda Bela)

Character Gender: male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): dark brown hair, ruddy complexion, hazel eyes, 5' 10”, 185#, appears/is 37 years old

URL to Character Picture, if any:

Powers and Skills Overview: magic (some), alchemy (a little), martial arts (some), owns one magic dealie (a staff)

Primary Skill or Power: Apollonius' Fifth Metamorphosis: This spell turns Sanford into Pegasus. Not a pegasus, but the Pegasus, the child of Poseidon and Medusa, birthed when Medusa's blood mixed with seafoam after Medusa was killed by Perseus, and raised by the Muses on Mount Helicon. That Pegasus.

Pegasus is, of course, a large, strikingly handsome, flying white horse. He's capable of sustained flight at 40m/sec (90 MPH), and by the Grace of the Muses, only very powerful beings can affect his flight. (He can be wounded as normal, but not grounded by being trapped in a mere mundane net.) As another gift of the Muses, Pegasus hears magic as music, and has a keen ear for it, allowing him to hear magic from a great distance and learn a lot about the magic being worked from its sound. Pegasus can carry a rider (or two, in a pinch).

Pegasus can fight like, well, a big flying horse. Being kicked by Pegasus is gonna hurt, and you don't want him to land on you. However, he's not a skilled fighter; kicking, bucking, biting, and running people over are just things horses do.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Pegasus tends to produce strong emotional reactions in people who see him: adoration, awe, hatred, envy. This makes it rather hard for him to mingle with most people (Heroes, Gods, and other powerful beings are unaffected). Being an Immortal, Pegasus' presence is easily noticed over long distances (hundreds of meters) by those sensitive to the supernatural. His wingbeats make a loud, distinctive sound, so he's not at all sneaky in flight, though he's eerily silent if he's just gliding. (Figure a 4:1 glide ratio if it matters: he drops a meter for every four meters flown. Pegasus glides better than a brick, but not as well as a bird.)

Being a large horse, Pegasus can't really communicate. The best he can do is play trick horse, nodding or shaking his head, neighing, or stamping his hooves. Likewise, he can't do much more than clumsily handle objects with his hooves or teeth. Pegasus has trouble moving around in buildings because he's so big, and may be unable to fit through doors. Finally, when Sanford returns to his normal form, he's exhausted: the spell saves up all the effort casting and maintaining it until then.

Like most of Sanford's spells, the Fifth Metamorphosis takes a few seconds of chanting and gesturing to cast, so it's not the easiest to do while otherwise busy (fighting, for example)

Secondary Skill or Power: Apollonius's Sixth Metamorphosis: This shapeshifting spell allows Sanford to take on any humanoid form. This spell can be cast silently, a minor bonus.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: It's not a disguise spell, so Sanford can't copy somebody else's appearance. Nor does it affect his clothing, so he needs to arrange something suitable for his new form, especially if it's a different size than he is. The spell is a bit tiring to keep up, so if Sanford is doing anything other than (slowly) walking and talking, he's limited in how long he can maintain it.

Other magic:

* Mage Sight (an ability, not a spell): Sanford can see magic. He can see that an object or spell is magic, and get an idea how powerful the magic is. Sometimes, especially for powerful magic, he has an idea of the kind of magic it is (or most powerful kind of magic in a complex spell or object). Flaw: his Mage Sight is a bit nearsighted, so beyond 5m it starts to blur – he can't always tell what specifically is magic – and it's useless beyond 20m.

* Hypatia's Gate to the Worlds: a dimensional travel spell, which brought him to Bielefleld. The Gate opens into alternate Earths (Earth-like worlds?), each in its own timeline. Flaw: it's difficult to cast properly, especially for one as little skilled in magic as Sanford. Opening the Gate requires an hour-long ritual. {OOC note: this is a plot device for getting Sanford to PL, and unless dimension travel is common in PL, I don't intend on using it in play.}

* Four wolf spells: three of them boost his senses to something like a wolf's senses. One spell lets him see in the dark, another gives him sharp hearing, and the third gives him excellent senses of smell and taste, even letting Sanford track people by their smell. The fourth spell makes wolves and other canids friendly towards him. He can usually get them to follow his wishes, but the effect is like they act like well-trained dogs; he doesn't have supernatural abilities to command them per se. Flaw: these spells last only 20 minutes per casting, so Sanford finds himself frequently recasting them during routine uses, like walking around at night.

* Three convenience spells: the Ever-full Cup allows Sanford to fill containers with any beverage he's ever drunk (up to a couple of gallons). The Critiques of the Heat and Chill allow him to remain comfortable in extremes of normal temperatures. He can walk around in below-zero cold without getting frostbite, and explore blazing deserts in summer without dropping from the heat. Neither will protect from more extreme heat or cold (fire, magical cold attacks, etc). Weaknesses: They're “flavor” spells or mere special effects. They don't really do anything Sanford couldn't do with mundane tools, they're just handy.

Alchemy: Sanford has several books of alchemical methods and a small collection of alchemy/chemistry equipment. He's learned some chemistry, too, as it's helpful for refining some ingredients. Sanford has recipes for a couple dozen potions, oils, dusts, incenses, and pastiles (small, simple smoke bombs) that produce magical effects.

Alchemical Weaknesses and Flaws: Alchemy always requires the right ingredients, and some are quite rare. Making potions and such takes time, at least hours and more typically days, and making more than six or eight doses at a time is beyond Sanford's skill and equipment. Sanford isn't the most skilled at alchemy either, so he sometimes screws up.

The Extensible Staff: The one enchanted object Sanford's found is a mere stick... but it can change size. At its smallest, it's barely bigger than a pencil, and at its longest, it makes an excellent vaulting pole. It can change shape slightly, so Sanford sometimes uses it as a flat-headed cane. Sanford's gotten pretty good at using it as a vaulting pole, as it's proved handy for escaping people trying to kill him. He can even use it for leaping attacks, though he's not the best at it. With a running start, Sanford can use the vaulting pole to leap up to 10m high and 20m across. (Yeah, it's longer than an Olympic vaulting pole, and more like what ancient soldiers used to assault fortifications before the scaling ladder was invented.)

Skills

* Stick Fighting: Sanford's spent a fair amount of time in a dojo learning how to use the Extensible Staff as a weapon. He can not only strike and parry with it, but also disarm and trip people too. He's an OK martial artist – a mid kyu rank (a green or blue belt) – so he's much better than an untrained person, but no match for a “serious” martial artist (dan/black belt ranked).

* Historian: Sanford is, above all else, an academic historian. He specializes in Greek history, especially the period from the founding of the Classical city-states to the conquest of Greece by Alexander the Great. Sanford is intimately familiar with the area and people, and speaks and reads Greek fluently. Sanford had to pick up some Arabic to translate some alchemy texts, so he can read it with difficulty, and speak it haltingly.

Character Background/Biography:

Two years ago, Sanford Bela was a happily married historian specializing in classical Greek history at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. On a research trip to New York, Sanford found a scroll in the Met Museum's collections with text only he could see superimposed on a copy of Apollonius' Inclinations. He eventually figured out that the text was a pair of spells, one of which let him turn into Pegasus, and the other allowed him to change his appearance. The spells proved surprisingly easy to learn despite their power. As Sanford later found out, that was one of their author's specialities.

Sanford spent most of a month exulting in turning into Pegasus before his flights over the rooftops of Philadelphia caught the notice of other … things with magical and supernatural abilities. Sanford was sucked into a many-sided war between forces he didn't understand and wasn't able to handle. If not for chancing onto some allies, Sanford surely would have been killed.

With his allies' help and protection, Sanford was able to learn more sorcery, little alchemy, and – with their cover – even a bit of mundane self-defense. Sanford's allies were scattered after a crushing defeat, and Sanford and his wife fled to Europe, both for safety and to search for more magical knowledge.

Europe's security proved fleeting, and Sanford was again discovered, despite elaborate precautions. However, by then he'd come across a spell that could take him to other worlds. It was a difficult spell, but after a few test jaunts to places that were easy to reach, Sanford tried for an idyllic forested world where he and his wife could rest for a while. The return trip to Earth didn't go as planned, however, and Sanford and his wife arrived in a strange city...

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Failed attempt to return to Earth by magic.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://www.felmiatika.com/wp-content/up ... modern.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=307045 (Due to the way the guy running that universe ran things, he posted all OPs, but the first post is my text, as seen from my posts in the rest of the thread.)

viewtopic.php?p=19389190#p19389190

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Sanford is a quiet, professional historian turned jumpy, outmatched amateur sorceror. Sanford's playful curiosity proved a bad match for supernatural guerilla war, and Sanford ended up on a losing side, pursued by foes he only partially understood. A refugee in his own world, Sanford sought sanctuary in another. Botched wizardry brought him and his wife to Bielefeld, and while bewildered by their new environment, they hope it will be safer than the one they left.
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Nice app Slobovia. Cerillium reviews all apps, he'll review it as soon as he's able. Anyhoo welcome ^_^

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:Nice app Slobovia. Cerillium reviews all apps, he'll review it as soon as he's able. Anyhoo welcome ^_^

Thanks! I'd actually been discussing it with Cerillium via TG, and he gave me ideas for improving it, so he's probably due some credit.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Application:

Character Name: Sanford “Sandy” Bela

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): dark brown hair, ruddy complexion, hazel eyes, 5' 10”, 185#, appears/is 37 years old

Powers and Skills Overview: magic (some), alchemy (a little), martial arts (some), owns one magic dealie (a staff)

Primary Skill or Power: Apollonius' Fifth Metamorphosis: This spell turns Sanford into Pegasus. Not a pegasus, but the Pegasus, the child of Poseidon and Medusa, birthed when Medusa's blood mixed with seafoam after Medusa was killed by Perseus, and raised by the Muses on Mount Helicon. That Pegasus.

Pegasus is, of course, a large, strikingly handsome, flying white horse. He's capable of sustained flight at 40m/sec (90 MPH), and by the Grace of the Muses, only very powerful beings can affect his flight. (He can be wounded as normal, but not grounded by being trapped in a mere mundane net.) As another gift of the Muses, Pegasus hears magic as music, and has a keen ear for it, allowing him to hear magic from a great distance and learn a lot about the magic being worked from its sound. Pegasus can carry a rider (or two, in a pinch).

Pegasus can fight like, well, a big flying horse. Being kicked by Pegasus is gonna hurt, and you don't want him to land on you. However, he's not a skilled fighter; kicking, bucking, biting, and running people over are just things horses do.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Pegasus tends to produce strong emotional reactions in people who see him: adoration, awe, hatred, envy. This makes it rather hard for him to mingle with most people (Heroes, Gods, and other powerful beings are unaffected). Being an Immortal, Pegasus' presence is easily noticed over long distances (hundreds of meters) by those sensitive to the supernatural. His wingbeats make a loud, distinctive sound, so he's not at all sneaky in flight, though he's eerily silent if he's just gliding. (Figure a 4:1 glide ratio if it matters: he drops a meter for every four meters flown. Pegasus glides better than a brick, but not as well as a bird.)

Being a large horse, Pegasus can't really communicate. The best he can do is play trick horse, nodding or shaking his head, neighing, or stamping his hooves. Likewise, he can't do much more than clumsily handle objects with his hooves or teeth. Pegasus has trouble moving around in buildings because he's so big, and may be unable to fit through doors. Finally, when Sanford returns to his normal form, he's exhausted: the spell saves up all the effort casting and maintaining it until then.

Like most of Sanford's spells, the Fifth Metamorphosis takes a few seconds of chanting and gesturing to cast, so it's not the easiest to do while otherwise busy (fighting, for example)

Secondary Skill or Power: Apollonius's Sixth Metamorphosis: This shapeshifting spell allows Sanford to take on any humanoid form. This spell can be cast silently, a minor bonus.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: It's not a disguise spell, so Sanford can't copy somebody else's appearance. Nor does it affect his clothing, so he needs to arrange something suitable for his new form, especially if it's a different size than he is. The spell is a bit tiring to keep up, so if Sanford is doing anything other than (slowly) walking and talking, he's limited in how long he can maintain it.

Other magic:

* Mage Sight (an ability, not a spell): Sanford can see magic. He can see that an object or spell is magic, and get an idea how powerful the magic is. Sometimes, especially for powerful magic, he has an idea of the kind of magic it is (or most powerful kind of magic in a complex spell or object). Flaw: his Mage Sight is a bit nearsighted, so beyond 5m it starts to blur – he can't always tell what specifically is magic – and it's useless beyond 20m.

* Hypatia's Gate to the Worlds: a dimensional travel spell, which brought him to Bielefleld. The Gate opens into alternate Earths (Earth-like worlds?), each in its own timeline. Flaw: it's difficult to cast properly, especially for one as little skilled in magic as Sanford. Opening the Gate requires an hour-long ritual. {OOC note: this is a plot device for getting Sanford to PL, and unless dimension travel is common in PL, I don't intend on using it in play.}

* Four wolf spells: three of them boost his senses to something like a wolf's senses. One spell lets him see in the dark, another gives him sharp hearing, and the third gives him excellent senses of smell and taste, even letting Sanford track people by their smell. The fourth spell makes wolves and other canids friendly towards him. He can usually get them to follow his wishes, but the effect is like they act like well-trained dogs; he doesn't have supernatural abilities to command them per se. Flaw: these spells last only 20 minutes per casting, so Sanford finds himself frequently recasting them during routine uses, like walking around at night.

* Three convenience spells: the Ever-full Cup allows Sanford to fill containers with any beverage he's ever drunk (up to a couple of gallons). The Critiques of the Heat and Chill allow him to remain comfortable in extremes of normal temperatures. He can walk around in below-zero cold without getting frostbite, and explore blazing deserts in summer without dropping from the heat. Neither will protect from more extreme heat or cold (fire, magical cold attacks, etc). Weaknesses: They're “flavor” spells or mere special effects. They don't really do anything Sanford couldn't do with mundane tools, they're just handy.

Alchemy: Sanford has several books of alchemical methods and a small collection of alchemy/chemistry equipment. He's learned some chemistry, too, as it's helpful for refining some ingredients. Sanford has recipes for a couple dozen potions, oils, dusts, incenses, and pastiles (small, simple smoke bombs) that produce magical effects.

Alchemical Weaknesses and Flaws: Alchemy always requires the right ingredients, and some are quite rare. Making potions and such takes time, at least hours and more typically days, and making more than six or eight doses at a time is beyond Sanford's skill and equipment. Sanford isn't the most skilled at alchemy either, so he sometimes screws up.

The Extensible Staff: The one enchanted object Sanford's found is a mere stick... but it can change size. At its smallest, it's barely bigger than a pencil, and at its longest, it makes an excellent vaulting pole. It can change shape slightly, so Sanford sometimes uses it as a flat-headed cane. Sanford's gotten pretty good at using it as a vaulting pole, as it's proved handy for escaping people trying to kill him. He can even use it for leaping attacks, though he's not the best at it. With a running start, Sanford can use the vaulting pole to leap up to 10m high and 20m across. (Yeah, it's longer than an Olympic vaulting pole, and more like what ancient soldiers used to assault fortifications before the scaling ladder was invented.)

Skills

* Stick Fighting: Sanford's spent a fair amount of time in a dojo learning how to use the Extensible Staff as a weapon. He can not only strike and parry with it, but also disarm and trip people too. He's an OK martial artist – a mid kyu rank (a green or blue belt) – so he's much better than an untrained person, but no match for a “serious” martial artist (dan/black belt ranked).

* Historian: Sanford is, above all else, an academic historian. He specializes in Greek history, especially the period from the founding of the Classical city-states to the conquest of Greece by Alexander the Great. Sanford is intimately familiar with the area and people, and speaks and reads Greek fluently.

Two years ago, Sanford Bela was a happily married historian specializing in classical Greek history at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. On a research trip to New York, Sanford found a scroll in the Met Museum's collections with text only he could see superimposed on a copy of Apollonius' Inclinations. He eventually figured out that the text was a pair of spells, one of which let him turn into Pegasus, and the other allowed him to change his appearance. The spells proved surprisingly easy to learn despite their power. As Sanford later found out, that was one of their author's specialities.

Sanford spent most of a month exulting in turning into Pegasus before his flights over the rooftops of Philadelphia caught the notice of other … things with magical and supernatural abilities. Sanford was sucked into a many-sided war between forces he didn't understand and wasn't able to handle. If not for chancing onto some allies, Sanford surely would have been killed.

With his allies' help and protection, Sanford was able to learn more sorcery, little alchemy, and – with their cover – even a bit of mundane self-defense. Sanford's allies were scattered after a crushing defeat, and Sanford and his wife fled to Europe, both for safety and to search for more magical knowledge.

Europe's security proved fleeting, and Sanford was again discovered, despite elaborate precautions. However, by then he'd come across a spell that could take him to other worlds. It was a difficult spell, but after a few test jaunts to places that were easy to reach, Sanford tried for an idyllic forested world where he and his wife could rest for a while. The return trip to Earth didn't go as planned, however, and Sanford and his wife arrived in a strange city...

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Failed attempt to return to Earth by magic.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://www.felmiatika.com/wp-content/up ... modern.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=307045 (Due to the way the guy running that universe ran things, he posted all OPs, but the first post is my text, as seen from my posts in the rest of the thread.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Sanford is a quiet, professional historian turned jumpy, outmatched amateur sorceror. Sanford's playful curiosity proved a bad match for supernatural guerilla war, and Sanford ended up on a losing side, pursued by foes he only partially understood. A refugee in his own world, Sanford sought sanctuary in another. Botched wizardry brought him and his wife to Bielefeld, and while bewildered by their new environment, they hope it will be safer than the one they left.

Approved but I'll need an app for his wife even if she's mundane.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm a little eager to get back to the building so I can bring out Jasmine.

I'll see about posting IC in a bit. Just changed this to this. Gonna play some Touhou 13.5 now.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:52 pm

I've been working on our tropes page. Trying to find more broad tropes, clearing up outdated links and references, that sort of thing.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Application:

Character Name: Sanford “Sandy” Bela

Other magic:

Skills

* Historian: Sanford is, above all else, an academic historian. He specializes in Greek history, especially the period from the founding of the Classical city-states to the conquest of Greece by Alexander the Great. Sanford is intimately familiar with the area and people, and speaks and reads Greek fluently.

IMPORTANT:

Approved but I'll need an app for his wife even if she's mundane.

I was afraid you were going to say that. I'm still working on her character -- even her name -- so I was hoping that would slip by. ;)

I'm going to need a bit of an introduction as to where to start. I have an idea: my characters have just appeared in Bielefeld via magic, but I don't know if that's typica.

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:54 pm

Touhou? Someone say Touhou?

XA-1MVGLHS
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:Touhou? Someone say Touhou?

Yeeeee.

I'm still a newb, IMO. I really enjoy the fighting games, though, especially 12.3, and I've finally played 13.5.

Kinda sad 13.5 doesn't have any of the SDM cast, but at least I got muh Reimu.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Giovenith wrote:I've been working on our tropes page. Trying to find more broad tropes, clearing up outdated links and references, that sort of thing.

I need to get Tsu up their more...Their should be a trope relating to Tsu's idiocy and maybe her falling on her face.
Last edited by Tsuyoi Tekikoku on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XA-1MVGLHS

I don't use NS stats.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:00 pm

@Slobo: Appearing by magic or similar, as well as dimensional travel, both seem, if not terribly common in this RP, not uncommon either.

Also, for his wife, try these.
http://www.springhole.net/writing_rolep ... ergens.htm

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Torii: an awesome friend. He thinks people don't understand or appreciate her spirit. He thinks of her as a younger sister.
Katya: typical pain in the ass big sister; she isn't there enough for Torii.
Giovenith: she's smart and creative, and his closet and best friend. The first girl he's ever had a crush on.
Kale: weird plant girl is weird, but cool.
Yuna: she's pretty cool, especially her wings.
Drova: ass.
Myra: she's sweet but her father is way too overbearing.
Tsu: broke Torii's heart. He hasn't noticed her return yet.
Lilian: overly-happy bunny girl with a tail that made him giggle.
Dan: he's got magic to him, but Marcus doesn't know him well.
Mezran: a Klingon. How awesome is that?!
Rmwtyliin: strange visitor from another time and place.
NVE: he's in awe of the raptor's out-of-the-box genius.
Gretta: scary raptor lady.
Author: Marcus suspects Author eats his patients.
The chicks: cute. He hasn't seen them since last year.
Bran: he's neutral but he hasn't spent much time with the adult.
Bran's family: they're okay. Rachelle was his playmate when he was younger, but the time skips meant that he grew up while she stayed the same.
Willow: the artistic pony. He's only interacted with him once, but Marcus feels a connection. People see the Pony before they see the Pony's heart and personality, similar to how people see a cyborg before they see the boy himself.
Turtleboss: just another weird creature, but he's cool.
Pippa-Michelle: he still doesn't know Giovenith created her. He's barely seen her and assumes she's just Giovenith's roommate.
Dora: boobs!
The Conservators: time cops are creepy. Marcus always sketches around them because of his own time traveling history. He's certain they'll bust him on something even though he's done nothing wrong.
Chaos Cultists: he grew up surrounded about them. He avoids them, especially Klaus' Men and Misaki.
Fritz: terrified of him.
Klaus: fucking twisted god of war. Marcus is afraid of him.
Swith: bitch on wheels.
Minerva: the bitch on wheels' wheels.
Naomi: his adoptive momma. She's the best.
Ceril: his dad. Hey, there's love but also fear there.
Ren: big sisters are a pain in the ass, but he's worried about her.
Barox: big sisters boyfriends are a pain in the ass, but Barox is pretty cool.
Thriller: gruff jerk married to the bitch on wheels.
Bones & Co: sadists. The bitch on wheels' playmates.
Primordial: blames him for what's happened to his sister.
Aegis and Insidious: creepy and avoided.
Nick: just like Turtleboss.
Volt and Tipper: meh. Don't piss off the Chaos Space Marine, don't piss off his lover.
Rodney: the alien knows more than he lets on. Marcus trusts him - sort of.
Dani: a misunderstood machine. He admires her.
Sapphire: cat girl is nuts.
Nex and the Tilktep: weird pair. Death is cool, the alien frightens Marcus.
Aleki: too high strung.
Superbia and Lucius: doesn't know them well, only seen them in passing.
Reginald: Mentally ill.
Jorgen: he's a weird steam cyborg. There's cyborg solidarity there as far as Marcus is concerned.
Paul: Weird plant chick's weird plant pet.

Torii: silly child.
Katya: silly child.
Giovenith: silly godling.
Kale: silly plant girl.
Yuna: silly...... whatever species she is.
Myra: shrinking violet half-dragon.
Tsu: needs her ass kicked.
Lilian: is it edible?
Dan: too timid.
NVE and all raptors: spawn of chaos. (That's a good thing)
Bran: needs to grow a spine.
Bran's family: they're okay.
Willow: Very interesting.
Turtleboss: is it edible?
Pippa-Michelle: fascinating.
Dora: he'd tap that.
The Conservators: they're alright as long as they stay out of his way.
Fram: love-hate relationship.
Swith: misunderstood.
Minerva: he tapped that.
Naomi: he'd tap this too, if given a chance.
Ceril: chose the wrong god to follow, the dumbass.
Ren: yet something else to tap.
Thriller: doesn't deserve Charumati.
Bones & Co: sadists.
Luxans: Fascinating.
Yellow King: should hang out more.
Nick: never spoke with him.
Volt and Tipper: meh. Follow the wrong god.
Rodney:
Dani: he'd tap this, too.
Nex and the Tilktep: weird pair.
Aleki: good warrior
Superbia and Lucius: fascinating, wrong pantheon.
Blythe: stupid bitch.
Reginald: doesn't know.
Jorgen: he's alright.

Did I miss anyone?

Touhou.

@NWS. It'll need to wait just a little bit. They're off in another dimension. We'll be wrapping this up shortly however. I'm rifling through the IC to tie up all the ends.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Giovenith wrote:I've been working on our tropes page. Trying to find more broad tropes, clearing up outdated links and references, that sort of thing.

Thank you for doing what I cannot.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Welp,Tsu's life at the apartment is gonna be like a M24 Chaffe vs (the amount of residents who hate Tsu or doesn't like her)Tigers.
XA-1MVGLHS

I don't use NS stats.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Torii: an awesome friend. He thinks people don't understand or appreciate her spirit. He thinks of her as a younger sister.
Katya: typical pain in the ass big sister; she isn't there enough for Torii.
Giovenith: she's smart and creative, and his closet and best friend. The first girl he's ever had a crush on.
Kale: weird plant girl is weird, but cool.
Yuna: she's pretty cool, especially her wings.
Myra: she's sweet but her father is way too overbearing.
Tsu: broke Torii's heart. He hasn't noticed her return yet.
Lilian: overly-happy bunny girl with a tail that made him giggle.
Dan: he's got magic to him, but Marcus doesn't know him well.
Rmwtyliin: strange visitor from another time and place.
NVE: he's in awe of the raptor's out-of-the-box genius.
Gretta: scary raptor lady.
Author: Marcus suspects Author eats his patients.
The chicks: cute. He hasn't seen them since last year.
Bran: he's neutral but he hasn't spent much time with the adult.
Bran's family: they're okay. Rachelle was his playmate when he was younger, but the time skips meant that he grew up while she stayed the same.
Willow: the artistic pony. He's only interacted with him once, but Marcus feels a connection. People see the Pony before they see the Pony's heart and personality, similar to how people see a cyborg before they see the boy himself.
Turtleboss: just another weird creature, but he's cool.
Pippa-Michelle: he still doesn't know Giovenith created her. He's barely seen her and assumes she's just Giovenith's roommate.
Dora: boobs!
The Conservators: time cops are creepy. Marcus always sketches around them because of his own time traveling history. He's certain they'll bust him on something even though he's done nothing wrong.
Chaos Cultists: he grew up surrounded about them. He avoids them, especially Klaus' Men and Misaki.
Klaus: fucking twisted god of war. Marcus is afraid of him.
Swith: bitch on wheels.
Minerva: the bitch on wheels' wheels.
Naomi: his adoptive momma. She's the best.
Ceril: his dad. Hey, there's love but also fear there.
Ren: big sisters are a pain in the ass, but he's worried about her.
Barox: big sisters boyfriends are a pain in the ass, but Barox is pretty cool.
Thriller: gruff jerk married to the bitch on wheels.
Bones & Co: sadists. The bitch on wheels' playmates.
Primordial: blames him for what's happened to his sister.
Aegis and Insidious: creepy and avoided.
Nick: just like Turtleboss.
Volt and Tipper: meh. Don't piss off the Chaos Space Marine, don't piss off his lover.
Rodney: the alien knows more than he lets on. Marcus trusts him - sort of.
Dani: a misunderstood machine. He admires her.
Nex and the Tilktep: weird pair. Death is cool, the alien frightens Marcus.
Aleki: too high strung.
Superbia and Lucius: doesn't know them well, only seen them in passing.
Reginald: Mentally ill.
Jorgen: he's a weird steam cyborg. There's cyborg solidarity there as far as Marcus is concerned.
Paul: Weird plant chick's weird plant pet.

Torii: silly child.
Katya: silly child.
Giovenith: silly godling.
Kale: silly plant girl.
Yuna: silly...... whatever species she is.
Myra: shrinking violet half-dragon.
Tsu: needs her ass kicked.
Lilian: is it edible?
Dan: too timid.
NVE and all raptors: spawn of chaos. (That's a good thing)
Bran: needs to grow a spine.
Bran's family: they're okay.
Willow: Very interesting.
Turtleboss: is it edible?
Pippa-Michelle: fascinating.
Dora: he'd tap that.
The Conservators: they're alright as long as they stay out of his way.
Fram: love-hate relationship.
Swith: misunderstood.
Minerva: he tapped that.
Naomi: he'd tap this too, if given a chance.
Ceril: chose the wrong god to follow, the dumbass.
Ren: yet something else to tap.
Thriller: doesn't deserve Charumati.
Bones & Co: sadists.
Luxans: Fascinating.
Yellow King: should hang out more.
Nick: never spoke with him.
Volt and Tipper: meh. Follow the wrong god.
Rodney:
Dani: he'd tap this, too.
Nex and the Tilktep: weird pair.
Aleki: good warrior
Superbia and Lucius: fascinating, wrong pantheon.
Blythe: stupid bitch.
Reginald: doesn't know.
Jorgen: he's alright.

Did I miss anyone?

Touhou.

@NWS. It'll need to wait just a little bit. They're off in another dimension. We'll be wrapping this up shortly however. I'm rifling through the IC to tie up all the ends.

I lol'd.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:19 pm

I'll try doing it soon. Gotta think hard about it.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Cerillium wrote:@NWS. It'll need to wait just a little bit. They're off in another dimension. We'll be wrapping this up shortly however. I'm rifling through the IC to tie up all the ends.

Excellent! I have a few RL things to finish up over the next day or two, so that'll give me some time to get my emergency back-up character :P done and prepare an IC arrival post.
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Cerillium wrote:@NWS. It'll need to wait just a little bit. They're off in another dimension. We'll be wrapping this up shortly however. I'm rifling through the IC to tie up all the ends.

Would you mind terribly looking at Kwa'a's app sometime soon? I have a few ideas, assuming of course that she's accepted, relying on her and Rmwtyliin arriving at the (modern-day) Building at approximately the same time.
viewtopic.php?p=22273931#p22273931

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse