NATION

PASSWORD

What Music Are You Listening To? Part X

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

What Music Are You Listening To? Part X

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:25 am

The tenth incarnation of this thread. As always, merrily post what music you're listening to. Any additional information, such as the album the track originates from and other interesting factoids, is appreciated. Thus far these threads have given an interesting insight in what the music lovers amongst the NationStates crowd like to listen to, so keep up the good work!

As It Burns - Shopping For Ulcers

From the 2007 self-released album Global Ruin.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:33 am

Nirvana - Milk It
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:34 am

Against Me- Help is on the way
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Apolitistos
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Apolitistos » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:35 am

"Bad Boy" by Cascada <3
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Female|Cancer|Tiger|INFP|Heterosexual|

Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

None at the moment. Sorry, folks!

"You're Not the Only One" A New RP from Apol! :D

Yeah Im Totally Luque
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yeah Im Totally Luque » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:35 am

Digital Native - Sun Down
FABULOUS

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:36 am

Nickelback - Figured You Out

From the album The Long Road.
Last edited by Kazirstan on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:38 am

Suicide Commando - Critical Stage

From the 1994 album with the same name, Belgian dark electro for fans of Wumpscut and Velvet Acid Christ.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:40 am

Nickelback - Lullaby

From the 2011 album Here And Now.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:42 am

Suicide Commando - Sheer Horror

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:45 am

Anberlin - A Whisper & A Clamor

From the 2007 album Cities. Featured on the soundtrack for NHL 08, which is where I discovered this song and the band.
Last edited by Kazirstan on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:50 am

Suicide Commando - Traumatize

Khwarazmia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Khwarazmia » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:50 am

Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:52 am

Matt Mays - Queen Of Portland Street

From the album Coyote. This song has a harmonica in it, a fucking HARMONICA! What kind of rock song has a harmonica in it? This kind.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:55 am

Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:56 am

Pearl Jam - The Fixer

From the 2009 album Backspacer.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:57 am

Suicide Commando - So Many Questions

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:58 am

Adelitas Way - Criticize

From the album Home School Valedictorian, released 2009.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Suicide Commando - Fate

Death is coming
Coming your way
Death is coming
To take you away

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:07 pm

The Goo Goo Dolls - Rebel Beat

From the album Magnetic.

Oppressia FTDOF
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppressia FTDOF » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Cake - Short Skirt, Long Jacket

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Suicide Commando - Necrophilia

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)

From the album Funeral.

Oppressia FTDOF
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppressia FTDOF » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Panic! At the Disco - There's a Good Reason these Tables are Numbered Honey, You just Haven't Thought of it Yet

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Led Zeppelin-Whole Lotta Love
Album:Led Zeppelin 2
Genre: Not entirely sure
Year: Again, not sure
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Oppressia FTDOF wrote:Panic! At the Disco - There's a Good Reason these Tables are Numbered Honey, You just Haven't Thought of it Yet

Panic! At the Disco's song names are so great.

The Veer Union - Youth Of Yesterday

From the album Against The Grain. Fun fact: The lead singer of The Veer Union is black, which is quite unique for a hard rock band.
Last edited by Kazirstan on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction