NATION

PASSWORD

Wiremu Class Ultra Large Container Ship [ULCV]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Wiremu Class Ultra Large Container Ship [ULCV]

Postby Yohannes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Wiremu Class ultra large container ship [ULCV] of RBSG Group [ click here for higher resolution full image ]

Technical data

Name:
Wiremu Class [ULCV]
Builders:
Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild
Nation:
Yohannes
In service:
08 April 2012
Type:
Container ship
Tonnage:
165,000 (deadweight)
Displacement:
60,000 tonnes
Length
400 m
Beam:
58.5 m
Draft:
15.5 m
Propulsion:
2x Weilmfontein TS10 twin skeg diesel-powered, 58.5 MW (78,000 shp)
Prop. shafts:
2x D3S Dunedin
Speed:
~23 knots nautical max/flank, ~19 knots cruise
Complement:
19-38 crew
Capacity
16,000 6.1 metres containers or twenty-foot equivalent unit
Export:
US$180,000,000.00

Summary

The Wiremu Class - also the name of the first ship constructed under the class - is a family of fuel-efficient and environmentally-focused container ships constructed by Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild to succeed its previous class of vessels. It was released for domestic business purchase in 2012, and has been one of the popular choice of cargo transportation and logistics vessels of numerous firms and enterprises in the Kingdom of Yohannes. As of 2014, no less than 50 nations have employed the gigantic ships in their multiple shipping and oceanic trade routes around the world.

The 400 metres long (LOA) Wiremu Class is an efficient inter regional shipping and transport vessel, and is specifically designed with low-maintenance cost in mind. Its U-shaped hull and modified engine configuration allows her to accommodate 2,000 more containers than her predecessor, thus increasing her cargo carrying capacity - allowing export-oriented businesses or organisations to decrease their operational cost. Foreign analysts and observers, however, have criticised the vessel as a 'slow', 'cumbersome' and 'ineffective' design in a situation where its cargo carrying capacity is not used to its full potential.

The 70 metres high and 165,000 tonnes (deadweight tonnage) vessel has a total carrying capacity of 16,000 6.1 metres containers or twenty-foot equivalent unit (TEU). It achieved the further increase of 1,000 extra TEU from its previous class of ships by increasing its containers capacity from 21 to 23 rows across on deck, thus allowing prospective owners to carry more of their cargo, goods and materials from one port to another. The 58 metres wide Wiremu Class allows a relatively high crane manoeuvrability and output per bay, resulting in a mutually beneficial situation for both the crews and management of the freight terminal as well as the owners of the vessel themselves. A good comparison would be the fact that a single vessel of the Wiremu-class can transport up to 17 million flat screen televisions, or 850 million bananas in one go.

The Wiremu Class' twin skeg propulsion system is powered by two slow-running ultra-long stroked diesel engines, with each producing 39,000 shp or 58.5MW. The twin-skeg configuration meant an overall more emphasised operational energy efficiency for the vessel, with a potential of 18% less carbon dioxide generated per container shipped. Extra generator power and mechanical energy are gathered from the ability of the vessel's waste heat recovery system to capture engine exhaust gas, resulting in a further 5% reduction of fuel consumption, bringing down the total estimation of daily fuel consumption to the range of 90 to 95 tonnes.

Vessels of this class are equipped with the Wilhelm II-supported GREEN electronics, which enable captains of the vessels to record, and compile up a list of predicted oceanic depths, currents and waves to pre-plan their transportation route, thereby further improving service schedule and fuel efficiency. Via its Wilhelm-connected software and hardware, the information are shared centrally from each and every ships equipped with the GREEN, allowing captains of every vessels to analyse and compare every single performance-related information collected. Up to 0.8% of fuels are saved every year thanks to this feature.

Export

Prior to export clearance to foreign businesses or organisations, their engineers and navigators will receive specific training, such as our seven-day Wiremu simulator training to better acquaint themselves with the vessel. The Wiremu Class is mainly exported by the Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild, and it can be purchased with the following application in our official storefront: [ click here ]
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Wiremu Class Ultra Large Container Ship [ULCV]

Postby Yohannes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:34 pm

[ OOC: to be expanded later - reserved post ]
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Can it be converted into a war ship.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Return to Global Economics and Trade