NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:20 am

The Carlisle wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I played 2, 3, Origins, Shattered Memories, and Downpour.

Not very many real people were killed. Only a handful, and they were usually crazy or part of the Order.

Well, I'll trust you on this one. I gotta watch the games some time.

Anyways, how would we get to Silent Hill. Dream sequence? Simulation? Chaos Gone Wild (+R)? :p

Edit:fixed

I'm not sure. The main person that the town focuses on usually has some reason to be there.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:26 am

Monfrox wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Well, I'll trust you on this one. I gotta watch the games some time.

Anyways, how would we get to Silent Hill. Dream sequence? Simulation? Chaos Gone Wild (+R)? :p

I'm not sure. The main person that the town focuses on usually has some reason to be there.

Interesting. I'll definitely be watching the games now.

Giovenith wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Well, I'll trust you on this one. I gotta watch the games some time.

And that's just the first 5 minutes.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:34 am

Well, it's late and there's not much else for me to say, so I take my leave. Good night PL.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:35 am

Me too. Goodnight everyone.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:42 am

Monfrox wrote:Me too. Goodnight everyone.

Nighty Night.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:43 am

Yeah... characters will be parked off-screen. Sorry to Gio and Bran.

I'll poke into NS every day to see what's going on around the site, feel free to TG me if there's anything anyone wants to talk about.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:58 am

It's alright, TNEL. I'm glad you've taken up taking a break.

We all know I should have taken a break a while back, you guys remember that?

Mmm.

I've also got an idea for a mini-event. Anyone want to have it TG'ed to them?

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:01 am

The BranRiech wrote:It's alright, TNEL. I'm glad you've taken up taking a break.

We all know I should have taken a break a while back, you guys remember that?

Mmm.

I've also got an idea for a mini-event. Anyone want to have it TG'ed to them?

depends what you have do you have in mind?

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:21 am

Does anyone mind if I launched something 'strange and harkening back to the old days'?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:22 am

Cerillium wrote:Does anyone mind if I launched something 'strange and harkening back to the old days'?

Not at all.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:23 am

Yee

Not at all.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:24 am

Not at all!
she/her

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:26 am

Cerillium wrote:Does anyone mind if I launched something 'strange and harkening back to the old days'?

Umm why not

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:29 am

Alright. Give me time to grab coffee and lunch. Will return shortly.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:38 am

@Cer: Nope!

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Fvaar

Character Name: Rmwtyliin Saagve Annvyeelee Fvvarniimalasaakuuliia

Character Gender: Female

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Pale caramel skin, dark brown hair, slightly grayish dark blue eyes, forehead is tattooed in black with this symbol: ><>< . 4'11", around 100 lb, late preteen/early teenage years (going by Fvaarniimarn standards; based on height etc, most Americans or Europeans would likely estimate her age at nine or ten), 12 years old.

URL to Character Picture, if any:

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human):

Character Unique Skills(if any):
Speaks Fvaarniimarn
Has received extensive diplomatic training
Limited fluency in medieval French, Latin, German, and English
Can do math (up to geometry, very limited algebra) in bases five, ten, and sixty (although base five is easiest)
Large amount of relatively useless (as Fvaarniimar is in a different dimension or universe or whatever) knowledge concerning Fvaarniimar
Trained in self-defense and most weapons existing in her time- specifically, trained to the point of able to use the common weapons/techniques with about 75% accuracy.
Fast reader- in Fvaarniimarn, anyway.
Good at teaching others
Glassblowing, calligraphy, public speaking, woodcarving, foraging/other survival skills

Character Powers (if any):

Intuition- 1. Might, about 3 or 4 times per year, pick up on something that she couldn't logically know. It is probable that it won't be terribly helpful- for instance, she might figure out the color of a room. That being said, if a situation is desperate it may provide more relevant info, although not likely in any greater quantity. Ability at time of arrival is involuntary, but theoretically a small amount of control could be developed; this would likely be far more trouble than it was worth.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:

Very limited communication ability exacerbated by a lack of aptitude for languages

Clueless about technology, modern science, etc.

Prejudiced against most sentient males- she can stand them but doesn't think that they have a lot to contribute to society. (Does have a soft spot for male artisans and a close friendship-which-everyone-thought-would-be-more-someday with a carpenter from back home.)

Short tempered (cannot stand having groups she belongs to/is invested in/cares about insulted), impatient at times.

Character Background/Biography: Born in 517 FV as the third child and second daughter of Fvaaviimkune Tvthmlaaljvkyf, Rmwtyliin had far fewer expectations to live up to than her elder sister. As she was expected to serve as Naabvimliikunz and in either an interior position or as an ambassador of some sort, she received training in diplomacy and interpersonal relations which far exceeded the already thorough tutelage which was par for the course if one was within eleven generations of House Fvaarniimalasaalakuulia. This training, being rather hands-on, also completely eliminated her natural slight shyness. She did have some time for fun, and spent most with her sister, Venmii and/or brother, Emm, both of whom she'd always been close to.
While Rmwtyliin was twelve, her sister Vemnii turned seventeen and was officially appointed Naabvimliikune. A few months later, during a break in the middle of a routine ceremony requesting protection from the spirits prior to a diplomatic mission, Rmwtyliin vanished from Fvaarniimar and found herself on Subabsurdus Street, facing the Building with a ring- containing a small diamond, sufficient to cover about two months rent- in one hand.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation:As far as she knows, one of the spirits decided to transport her there. Given the context, it might have been for her protection, but it just as easily could be something like the spirit of the square root of two being irrational. Despite her age, she is a fairly skilled diplomat and may end up with a job relating to this.

URL to Apartment Picture: Pending (and likely to remain that way for some time!) Description: One - bedroom apartment, spring green carpet, tan tile, violet walls in bedroom, sapphire in living room, cerulean in bathroom, spring green in kitchen, wood and fabric furnishings in above hues or dark brown, accents in bright violet and spring green throughout, medium green ceilings patterned with long strokes of emerald and tan, dark brown moldings, doors, tile grout, etc. There is a linen hanging in the kitchen, also spring green, separating a few modem appliances, faux wood-clad, from a fairly-standard but well-ventilated Fvaarniimarn-style circa 500FV kitchen. Additionally, the upper third of each room consists mainly of pentagonal windows ((if that's okay.)) Doorknobs and similar are brass, although sink and tub are blue-gray ceramic.

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Rmwtyliin is a tweenaged princess from medieval Fvaarniimar who has "somehow" ended up in Bielefield. She's not afraid to try new things, is something of a trendsetter, and loves art. If at all possible, she'll attempt to resolve situations diplomatically. Also, she has issues with most males.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:51 am

New bits are in blue

Character Name: Kwa'a or "Duck" Bhewehg.

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Personification of Borksmiclen, originating from Fvaarniimar-beta's universe. Differs from a "Hetalia" type personification in some respects due to the fact that concepts often have spirits with interesting abilities, and a nation is a concept, so in a lot of ways Kwa'a is a very strong spirit. Please do note that her abilities and theirs are not identical.

Kwa'a is typically affected by Borksmiclen: she is likely to hold opinions common there, her health is contingent upon that of the nation, and her actions are likely to mirror those of her government and/or people, etc. Borksmiclen is not directly affected in the least by things which happen to Kwa'a, although her actions and use of powers can have a slight to moderate effect.

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age):
Height: 5'4.5". Weight: 158lb. Apparent age: Early thirties. Note that this is subject to change. Actual age: 3535 years. Hair: Light brown, with red undertones. Skin: Light brown, somewhat tanned. Eyes: Dark grey. Build: boyish/slight.

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Above-average strength under some conditions, near-immortality. See powers. Also, intelligence is above average. Like, two or three.
Character Unique Skills(if any): Speaks most languages common in Borksmiclen in the past or present, although forgetful enough to often mix them up and lose words; for instance, she can still speak Fvaa about 800 years after it got wiped out (a teeny minority continued to speak it after -5FV, and she felt it her duty to remember), but it is halting and even not considering that at a novice level. Most other languages dead in Borksmiclen live on as a word or two in her memory, and that's all, although she can recognize them should she see a few words. Is, however, fluent in both High Tongue and Sharedspeak- which, for one of her apparent class, is treason, and obviously won't help in Bielefield barring ridiculous circumstances. Additionally, is proficient in various crafts, some examples of which are in the bio. Can speak English, fluently although not perfectly; some Bomic trading partners do.

Character Powers (if any) ((Need some help classing these numerically!)):
Immortality, to a point. While stuff that would kill a normal human will only incapacitate her due to the healing mentioned below, and aging won't even do that, if someone able to kill spirits, reap souls, send one to one's eternal rest, etc attacks her she doesn't really stand a chance, although in theory could hold out a bit longer if in her home universe, or better yet Borksmiclen.
High (These days typically 1.5 times normal human) strength under pressure or when government is doing well (which is almost never.)
Due to similar origin, can tap into energy in a manner similar to that of an FV-b spirit; thoughts must originate in mind of either a citizen or a close friend for energy to be tapped, and usually doing anything would require a lot of energy. Energy can be used to affect probability; use is often, depending on the difficulty of matching the effect one universe over, easier by far within Borksmiclen. Cannot however pool power for a multiplicative effect unless with another entity with ability to tap very similar energy sources. Probably the personification of Fvaarniimar, Ythfiid; failing that, a spirit that inhabits a body that they weren't born into and draws on mental energy/ an FV-b type spirit inhabiting a body indisputably theirs. A Chaos avatar might be capable of so pooling power, although neither a Chaos cultist nor "their" demon would. Yes, this can be done with multiple sources. If relying solely on Bomic sources while in Borksmiclen, typically could affect the outcome of one coin flip (to about 33% probability of one outcome) with about a minute's worth of energy. Negative thoughts are significantly less helpful than positive. The energy tap doesn't affect whoever had the thought originally- it's simply a matter of a usually very teeny bit of energy which otherwise would be wasted being repurposed. Use must be close to her, although if she is in FV-b's universe this means that anything in Borksmiclen is fair game even if she is on the other side of the globe. Or, possibly (although not likely to apply anytime soon) not even on the planet.

Can communicate telepathically with other FV-b type spirits, although needs to be in same universe.

Ability to completely heal wounds that humans cannot
-With two exceptions, this is at the same pace as a human could heal under very similar circumstances.
-Example: Some eldritch abomination claws through her ribs, tearing her heart in two. Effect: Kwa'a is in extreme pain, remains conscious for about 10 seconds which she spends disinfecting wound. She then enters a coma; over around three weeks, her bones and heart mend to the point that she can exit the coma. She's then very weak for around a month or two longer, and maybe three months later the damage is fully healed.
-Example: Above happens, but a healer works their magic. Effect: Kwa'a exits coma soon after she's healed to the point stated above. Depending on the healer/extent of healing, further recovery times can range from a week longer to the five months stated above.
-Example: Still above, but Kwa'a can draw on enough surplus energy to affect probability enough to have most of her molecules correctly realign. (Exception 1, as Kwa'a cannot use her powers to affect anything possessing a mind besides herself and to a lesser extent her counterpart directly or at one remove. Effect: Does not enter coma, further recovery about four days in bed+1 month full healing.
-Example: Third degree burns, treated with a graft. Effect: If graft not Bomic in origin, rejected (this will happen with any other medical transplant as well; it either will not enter/adhere or will be excreted. A Bomic transplant will suffice if there is naturally relatively high cell turnover and/or it's mobile: skin, for instance, or blood. If a more permanent organ, the heart for instance, is replaced, it will help for a month or so but quickly cause serious complications, as the organ will regrow.) In stated case, burns will slowly heal. Kwa'a may spend time comatose depending on the extent. After around four months or so, there will no longer be scarring.
-Example: All but one or two bones burnt to ash. Effect: Flesh starts growing on bones if they are in Borksmiclen. Over about nine months, Kwa'a's body reforms as it was prior to burning, minus all injuries. If not in Borksmiclen, bones are transported there. This process is really painful.
-Example: Entire body burnt to ash. Not even a cell remains. Effect: This is the other exception. Within five minutes, Kwa'a's body reforms uninjured, although within Borksmiclen.
-Example: Any of the above, if not enough people believe in Borksmiclen for abilities to work. Effect- Identical to that on a normal human, meaning in most of these cases very much fatal, although a non-Bomic transplant would succeed if type matched. As reversion to normal-state would remain possible, more permanent transplants would still be dangerous.

If completely separated from her physical body (must completely cease to exist or some ritual separating it must be performed outside Bomic territory; as she's Borksmiclen for a lot of purposes, this does include her apartment if no roommate exists or rent is not shared), temporarily gains near-omniscience characteristic of FV-b type spirit. Can act based on this, but will not remember more than one or two details afterwards. Will not be shown in detail: IC reason being that it's way too complex, OOC reason being that I don't have every single possibility of Borksmiclen in my head simultaneously. Near-omniscience only relates to her body's immediate surroundings and Borksmiclen, and does not apply to deity stuff, eldritch stuff, etc. Please do note that the Building's workings are so classed.

-Immortality is not invulnerability, and it's conditional upon a lot of people at least believing in the concept of Borksmiclen. Were something to happen to the government she'd be notably weakened, at least temporarily, and could lose all abilities should enough people forget her/Borksmiclen. Healing from typically fatal wounds is conditional upon the same. Immortality is also NOT being able to stand toe-to-toe with a Greater Being. If they want her to stop existing, about the only things she can do are to ask for help or, either by blowing more power or by destroying her physical body, force transport to Borksmiclen, where she might be able to hold out for a few more moments but more importantly where the GB may not bother following. Immortality is "not aging to the point of death."
-Strength is only accessible if Bomic government is doing really well, Kwa'a or Borksmiclen is in a do-or-die situation, or for some other reason almost all citizens- irrespective of class- are cooperating and giving their best.
-Probability manipulation requires a lot of energy. Again, one coin flip affected 16.666% = one minute of typical amount of energy. As another example, see "Why char is in Bielefield."
-Probability manipulation cannot directly or at one remove affect any part of any creature which reasonably counts as possessing a mind other than Kwa'a or her counterpart.
-Does not speak English, French, German, etc, at least not to start.
Character Background/Biography:
Summary of Important Background Info: Kwa'a was 'born' as Borksmiclen was, more or less. For a while, she aged slowly, provided for by her powers and incorporeal spirits, eventually being taken in by the Bhewehgs at biological adolescence (due to a Bomic custom regarding adoption) and receiving both parts of her preferred name- that is, the one she's using. While still with this family, she decided to join a war, blackmailing an older sister into helping her disguise her gender; she eventually received a normally-fatal wound and had to reveal the truth to said sister.

Hundreds of years later, she rose to a high place in society under an alias, fell for a total douchebag, and only escaped being framed by him for the death of the Bomic leader due to the spirits' warning. Unfortunately he still managed to take over the country and launched a vendetta against her and all her line, painting her as a wicked creature and passing down her description. He also ended up as the self-proclaimed God-Emperor, siring a dynasty that continued to at least the time of Kwa'a's leaving. Oh, and doing his best to stamp out spirit worship along with marginalizing the past. Kwa'a rapidly turned into a senile old lady after this; later, her biological age stabilized at 8.
Around 1900 Bomic Era, sympathies of the Bomic and through them Kwa'a turned against the Fvaa. Kwa'a herself, 6 at the time, became extremely cruel towards an unidentified small baby. Said small baby started healing, revealing her to be like Kwa'a; correctly inferring her to be a personification of the concept of a Fvaa nation and realizing that she hence was the closest thing the girl had to a mother, she handed her over to a Fvaa woman with a bracelet indicating love, claiming, and apology; when prompted, she gave the baby's name as Ythfiid (Sunrise) Fvaathakwaatbomry (Fvaa of Kwa'a the Bomic.)

A few hundred years later, a ruler who made a lot of irreversible alterations to Bomic law and other stuff, remembered and correctly so as the Benevolent Emperor, was coronated; Kwa'a fell in love, but did nothing about it until the guy was on his deathbed; then she told him the truth.

Circa a century after that, a ruler who admired the abovementioned douchebag greatly came to power; he attacked knowledge (triggering the formation of an underground group, the Rihrihree) the Benevolent Emperor's memory/legacy (causing his spirit to basically fade from existence) and Kwa'a: the latter, put euphemistically, got a good idea of her regenerative capabilities in this time.
(Large timeskip)
In MT times, detection technology became sufficiently adept at tracking Kwa'a so that leading anything remotely resembling a normal life was impossible, and she set in motion the events leading to arrival in Bielefield.

Kwa'a formed in 865 Savage Era, as a spirit. As more and more people grew an interest in the concept of Borksmiclen and as some indigenous groups believing that concepts had spirits, most notably the forebears of the Fvaa, developed the same interest, something of a singularity (in the sense of the Reality-Progenitor-universe AI hypothesis) occurred in the FV-b universe; specifically, the energy that had been put towards the concept fused into a mind. That mind, while independently capable of a high degree of near-omniscience, was basically that of a baby and not yet capable of tapping said ability. It could, however, tap its ability to manipulate probability, and unusual quantities of energy continued to be funneled towards it. When, in 847 Savage Era, the State was officially founded, the event triggered formation of a physical body. As a consequence of being so bound, the small child which would become Kwa'a lost the ability to access the capability for near-omniscience while so bound.
Over the years, Kwa'a grew up. Sorta. It took hundreds of years for her even to become a preteen. She was smart enough to, for the most part, avoid extended interaction with others, and her powers over probability helped to take care of her: at first automatically, later in a more controlled fashion. Other spirits did the same; in the times when those holding such beliefs inhabited Borksmiclen, spirits of various sorts were quite common, and like calls to like. Of course, like most children she was very curious, and she grew fond of a certain shady river by a village, next to the forest which she typically inhabited; in a few decades, a legend of the Tree Girl, who aged no more than did any other tree, took root.
In adolescence, she entered the city. She knew that she likely could not stay long, but she wished to experience the place. Surprisingly to her but less surprisingly considering Bomic custom of the time, a family out walking promptly adopted her, dubbing her "Kwa'a" or Duck as she looked like she had just come out of a river. She'd use that name as often as was safe from then on; unfortunately centuries would pass before Bhewehg would become a name that she could safely use again, and not long after that it would be dangerous for her kin-by-adoption were it to be used.
After, oh, five years had passed, she began to desire to join the war which was going on at the time. She was Borksmiclen in many ways; why oughtn't she to fight for herself? Disguising herself as a boy with the begrudging help (obtained via blackmail) of one elder sister who was married to a soldier and, in a nod to younger days, giving her name as Hrisigmud (Ypput for Leaf-on-water, a boy's name), the personification headed off to war. For much of the fighting, her physical abilities counted for little besides keeping her from being a laughingstock.
Her probabilistic abilities and those of other spirits were another story; her unit in particular and the army in general gained a reputation for being insanely lucky. Unfortunately, especially as her powers, while very strong in those days, were not without limit, she ran out of luck, taking a sword to the gut. She went to the abovementioned older sister, Pliueum, and told her her secret- asking that she disinfect her wounds, hide her, and give her liquid foods for the next week; tell the Bhewehgs that she had been shot attempting to bring some supplies, had requested a pyre due to birth religion, and loved them; tell her unit that she hadn't made it; and above all not tell anyone about this, as it could at best damage a mind and at worst (literally) damage reality. It was safe enough for one person to know, as long as they always kept the secret.
She'd told Pliueum, too, that she was the legendary Tree Girl; it took some time, but Pliueum made a pilgrimage, of sorts, to that spot. When night fell, Kwa'a crossed the river and sat with her sister for a time, catching up. (Pliueum, eventually, would herself become a spirit partially due to her belief in such occurring- sadly, she would deteriorate very quickly due to a near-total lack of remembrance and other factors.)
Some hundreds of years later, a small king, Zeeburdiog, decided to take power. Kwa'a, at this point a healthy girl of biological age seventeen who under the name Hleuhleuh Seemohgda (Lapping-rippling-waves Forestsoil) had risen to a high place in society, fell in love with him and his false promises as the Bomic people did the same. As the two kissed, her telling herself that the huge chronological age difference balanced out the large biological one and he not caring, he gave her a vial to put in the Leader-Chief's food. A sleeping medicine, he said. It would do no harm, just give him time.
Naturally, he wasn't counting on the spirits, whom he didn't believe in anyway, alerting one of their own to the situation. It was a trap- of sorts. She'd end up a captive, her only escape in marriage to Zeeburdiog, as the Leader-Chief would die.
She didn't believe them. As far as she knew, Zeeburdiog wouldn't steer her wrong. Right? She did, however, see no harm in swapping the vial for a mild soporific that she'd mixed herself. Especially after one of the spirits knocked over her vial, shattering it.
Zeeburdiog didn't see it that way.
"I give you one simple task, and you blow it!"
"The vial fell. I didn't knock it over. I didn't want it knocked over. I replaced it with a tonic of my own. It is weak in small doses, but the king was out for a night's sleep. What more could you want?"
"Foolish girl. I tried to make you a partner and you meddle with the affairs of men. I loved you, you know. You wouldn't have furthered me. I was willing to ignore that. Maybe make you my Queen."
"They told me. They told me, but I didn't believe them. I thank all that I listened, a little anyway."
"WHO? Who told you?!"
"So there was something to tell. Of course."
"Who? I shall make an example out of that man!"
"I could not. Everything would break. So long ago I told my sister. She could keep a secret. She died of illness long ago. Ironic. She was a healer." Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes.
"You will break. You're a spy, aren't you? How blind am I? You've been conspiring against me this whole time! To think that I loved you." Zeeburdiog sneered, shouting and slapping Kwa'a.
"The Leader-Chief slept for a sleep. If you were honest that would suffice. He is my king. The people love him. Yes, I was warned. Good luck to you harming my informants. I think that I shall leave now." Okay, lower the chance of shoes keeping a grip on floor... Fine linen and soapstone, shouldn't be hard.
"GU-" he fell, leg breaking- "ARDS! GET HER!" She'd still make a decent concubine. After her spirit had been broken, and the information extracted, that is.
It took ten years, but Zeeburdiog managed to take control of the nation. Kwa'a watched, heart breaking even further, as he methodically went about changing the culture and marginalizing the past. First, he declared the year to be One Bomic Era, and all previous years to have been part of the Savage Era. Then, he stated himself to be the God-Emperor, decreeing that he was to be worshipped, and no other deity. And not the spirits, either.
Ironically, Kwa'a was the only spirit- one of them anyway- whose power this measure didn't weaken. Although, as more people thought of Borksmiclen negatively, her personality started to change... She was no longer that sweet, idealistic girl, but becoming a cynical woman prone to violent outbursts.

Things deteriorated. Kwa'a's physical description had been put out as that of an absolute enemy of the state, as had her last name. Fortunately neither of these endangered her people or kin; intermarriage was uncommon enough so that no other possessed enough of a resemblance to Kwa'a to be endangered, and the name, while it followed typical naming conventions in multiple languages, had not actually existed before she'd taken it.

Perhaps fortunately and perhaps unfortunately, no one had thought to search for an old and infirm woman. The sharp decline had resulted, for the first time ever, in Kwa'a aging at a speed higher than that of any human, as it had seemed (and been widely believed) that the Bomic nation was on its last legs. Anonymously, she took shelter, giving her name as Mektuin, which was "duck" in a different tongue. Senile, she babbled, things which could have broken reality; senile, the babble, incoherent, was dismissed.

But things shifted- the Bomic peoples rallied. Traditions, so long out in the open, did not die out, merely going underground. Some, like hospitality, were taken advantage of by Zeeburdoig's government in exchange for permitting continuation. Some, such as languages, proved impossible to ban in anything but name.

In an isolated hut, the prognosis and lucidity of a woman predicted to have a year- if that- to live improved rapidly, to the point that she slipped out in the night to avoid arousing suspicion, requesting that the spirits lead her to a cave of some variety; in the hope that familiarity would further aid her, they selected a cave in the "Tree-Girl"'s forest. It took years, but her biological age eventually stabilized at nine, with her personality, while often sweet, mercurial, to the point of occasional cruelty, and reserved.

Little of especial note occurred for the next fifteen centuries. Occasionally the girl ventured out; at times the adoption custom was honored, at times not. In a few cases she had to run; her onetime beau had sworn revenge against her and all her line, and her description, as a wicked seductress who tempted the good, possibly not entirely human, had been passed down through the centuries with few changes. Borksmiclen remained quite backwards; the girl aged very little, and at times in reverse.

The first sign of serious trouble, around 1900, was that the girl was rapidly growing younger. The second was a hatred, swelling daily, towards the Fvaa people. In theory, the girl might have been able to head the situation off by announcing her identity (to the furthest extent possible) to the government.

Mentally seven, she didn't think of it. The spirits chose not to suggest such a course of action, seeing that the loss of lives eventually would lead to something great and that such a loss was almost guaranteed- had been for centuries- but the positive outcome was not if the time of the loss was to change. Additionally, putting her counterpart- a seven-year-old girl normal except for the link- into such a position would be immoral in the extreme.

In an ironic twist, Kwa'a's description was rewritten for the first time, painting her as Fvaa and hence the Fvaa as kin to her. The slight feeling of literal kinship resulting from this could not, sadly, override her hatred of the Fvaa, particularly in a year which would in another country become -6FV, when she would find a baby who would arouse her ire as no normal Fvaa did. After causing the girl a great deal of injury correspondent with that caused to the Fvaa people by the Bomic, she watched as the girl healed and realized who she was- not to mention why she had acted in that manner. Apologizing, she reached out, forcing a pooling of powers (how strong this little girl was!) and inducing the girl to use the multiplied power to heal her wounds. That done, she gave the girl a small bracelet- being the closest thing she had to a mother despite Kwa'a's young biological age, in a pattern known to indicate love, claiming, and apology- made from durable materials (to withstand centuries), adjustable, and possessing a duck motif. Hugging the girl, she asked the spirits for direction; they directed her to a nursing woman who was amongst those who eventually would found Fvaarniimar. The woman woke as she placed the girl, about to grab her bow; seeing the (clearly Fvaa) child and the bracelet, she instead smiled, raised an eyebrow, and requested a name. Kwa'a frowned, not having considered that point, and glanced around hoping for inspiration; she saw the rising sun, and decided it to be fitting. (The name, of course, would be Fvaa.)

"Ythfiid. Ythfiid... Fvaathakwaatbomry. She may take another name."

"Fvaa of Kwa'a the Bomic?" The woman glanced around, frowning. She'd seen the hesitation as the name was pieced together, heard the tales of spirits, noted the hodgepodge of naming customs... And something told her that this was just as strange as it seemed.

"Child, who are you?" But one had disappeared into the undergrowth, and the other, while able to communicate with spirits, was far too young to give an answer which would be intelligible to a human. Soon, the Fvaa left; the spirits, excepting only Kwa'a, left along with them.

The disgust towards the Fvaa did not last that long, by Kwa'a's standards of time. Approval of the escape simmered underground for a few centuries; then, a ruler who outright and wholeheartedly disapproved of the whole affair was coronated, and the matter was dragged through the farces of courts, terminating in many being posthumously declared war criminals and a great deal of Fvaa receiving honors, to the point that House Fvaarniimalasaakuuliia, for example (through Esine Agrok) were officially, if unknowingly, members of the High class for a few generations. As for the cruelty that had become a part of Bomic culture, backlash, once it started, was immense. Reforms of all sorts became law. Coming- of-age of High class boys, for example, now involved the stabbing of ten flowers as opposed to ten girls' hands. A Council, chartered so that it could not be argued to contradict any law or statement of a previous God-Emperor and that no statement dissolving it which would NOT contradict that establishing it could be conceived of, was established; it consisted of a representative from each ethnic group, selected by the group themselves, and had veto power over laws which were causing suffering, (including those of the emperor, the excuse being that they could be led astray) if a three/fourths majority was present. Kwa'a aged six years in as many weeks, and could not help but watch the proceedings, causing reports of a girl who snuck around like a ghost, grinning, and whose age no one could agree on. The description, however- clearly, it matched that (still known to the Imperial family) of the seductress. Except for the age- stated to be ever-changing-

The emperor chose to sit on this information. After all, someone that thrilled about the reforms couldn't be that bad, but he had, like the other Bomic, grown up with stories of the woman. Announcing that the reforms apparently had her support, even if knowledge of her appearance would further exonerate the Fvaa, would likely be a bad move- and what if she was as he had been told? Stories held kernels of truth, after all (even the old old stories?) and while they could be led astray- by her, it was said- God-Emperors were never ever wrong.

The girl, for her part, was, as her people- for the first time in thousands of years united in this- fell in love with their new ruler, developing burgeoning feelings for him herself. It would never have worked; she knew that, now, during this second puberty. Nevertheless, she couldn't help but blush whenever his name was mentioned, and when- after the adoption custom had been revived with the Emperor's encouragement- she found herself once again not only part of a family but (did the spirits give me one last gift?) a Bhewehg, her siblings teased her quite a bit about it. She feared that she'd have to leave, sneaking out, going to a forest to not draw attention- her fear was in vain. Borksmiclen was advancing quite quickly still, but- as it happened- slowly enough so that her speed of growth passed for human. (Her strength, for centuries quite low, did not without careful discipline.)

The emperor kept noticing the girl, and vice versa; both to the other seemed to embody what they loved about the country, the man to the girl due to his virtue, the girl to the man for no reason he could explain.

Nothing ever came of it, save for a visit, years later. Kwa'a, nearly frozen in her biological early twenties, disguised rather thoroughly, approached a door- one which lead to the deathbed of the most beloved Emperor in Bomic history. To the guard, she said, "Tell him that I am the girl who watched as... As my dreams came true- watched excitedly- and who he chose to not reveal. I think he'll know what I mean. I-" if anyone deserves this...- "I request a private audience."

The guard looked at her strangely, but dutifully passed on the message, watching as the Emperor beamed.

"She's actually HERE? Well, not a whole lot she can do to me! Clear out, folks, and you, let her in!"

A very puzzled guard and family dutifully obeyed. Kwa'a entered, grinning, shut the door (carefully locking it) and methodically stripped her disguise.

"You- you really aren't human, are you? Now, what was that about dreams?"

So Kwa'a explained. (One universe over, a different explanation- that of multiple universes and counterparts- was given.) It took some time; a very surprised ruler then re-admitted his family, but as instructed spoke nothing of what he had been told.

("..But wouldn't it help if someone knew that you should be treated kindly?"

"Not exactly. This knowledge is all but guaranteed to severely damage SOMETHING if shared. People are curious. No one can find out. One having this knowledge is safe enough if it is never shared- and yes, it's been shared once before, with a sister...")

So Kwa'a's reprieve from hiding, bought (though not intentionally) with blood, continued several generations longer, as she retained an age and hence physical appearance close enough so that any revelation of the actual documented appearance of the "seductress" would fast out her. During this time, she interacted also with the Emperor; both had easily fallen for one another, and enjoyed speaking, Kwa'a in particular as she finally had a companion who wished to remain as opposed to going to Fvaarniimar. (The Fvaarniimarn spirits, those lucid enough for conversation, rather hated Borksmiclen, and as a result Kwa'a did not inform them of her existence.). For a century, she wasn't alone, did not have to hide- indeed, all of her dreams were coming true. She was returning to her old strength, she watched as her nation blossomed again-

And then the ruler who would dub himself Cinurdboig in honor of his- to Kwa'a infamous- forebearer came to power. He could not overturn the reforms made, though he tried and occasionally succeeded in undermining one or another, but implemented new laws, even harsher than Zeeburdoig's. Anything which contradicted a God-Emperor- and anyONE, for that matter- was to be burned. Additionally... The description of Kwa'a, while it had not been passed down by the Beloved Emperor, existed in a few places. As did a portrait. And, while intermarriage had been more common in this short second golden age due to nationwide feelings of unity, mistaking anyone at all for Kwa'a was not at all probable.

Unfortunately for both, Cinurdboig had chosen to erase the Benevolent Emperor to the furthest extent possible before taking on Kwa'a. Said Emperor was always very close to deteriorating; always, enough people had believed in him to still the erosion.

Now, as he became a king, barely notable, his reforms played down, one amongst so many, he slipped downhill fast. Normally, Kwa'a would have noticed the warning signs; she'd grown used to being safe, and her heart was again breaking. The king didn't even need to do the deed personally; he released the description, and it was done for him. The woman, after numerous indignities, was brought to a pyre; she was drawn and quartered, the pieces immolated.

As it turned out, the thoroughness of Cinurdboig (he had overseen the spectacle) resulted in the situation being far easier for Kwa'a (although not for her counterpart) than intended. Granted a glimpse of the myriad probabilities of the universe- and of her eventual departure from it- Kwa'a returned with an optimism that she hadn't felt in some time.

One specific thing stayed with her consciously- an underground group was forming, and they would protect knowledge. She'd been hiding/preserving knowledge of her own for centuries, often in the cave in which she'd recovered, and would continue to do so as a backup and as she could prevent their decay over time, but she couldn't get everything and the knowledge of this group gladdened her. (At times she half-considered attempting to join said group, the Rihrihree, but it became rather clear that doing so would be unwise; a portrait of her was among those items preserved, and while they were decent people, they were quite familiar with the stories which painted her as a horrid creature.)

Such optimism would be what sustained her through the rest of Cinurdboig's reign, as she watched her people suffer, watched attempts- she smiled at that- to destroy her knowledge be made, and learned, quite near exactly, her regenerative capabilities. Occasionally someone chanced taking her in; more often she nursed herself back to health, sadly never at the cave if there was any chance she could be seen. If at all possible, she did the same for her counterpart; for some reason, they always were loopholes in the "affecting-living-things" rule, receiving if still alive the probabilistic aspects of the healing performed on herself, and able also to receive healing of the sort copying Kwa'a's regeneration should she so choose. (It would be cruel to subject more people than necessary to the fate of being her counterpart, especially considering that a healed counterpart could age out of the role, revert to normal, and go on to live a normal life. She always so chose.)
(Additionally, those who died found themselves surviving a little longer, as spirits; certain genetics predisposed one towards such an existence, if in the proper universe. Kwa'a possessed these (though oddly expressed) meaning that her counterparts did also (if only for the time they held such status and a few seconds afterwards); in the few seconds between loss of counterpart status and such a death, she could imitate the spirit-forming process in her own universe. They unfortunately were often grouchy, preferring to move to Fvaarniimar.)

Slowly, Borksmiclen recovered, growing more tolerant, though NOT of Kwa'a. She found her courage, and a slew of effective disguises, and returned to society; a midwife one time, in charge of an orphanage another. She considered disguising herself as male, entering politics or craft; she did, a few times, but had to be quite careful, and she skipped politics. As for craft, those seen as womanly continued underground, but strong men could make a living hammering iron. Her strength at this point was nothing special, but combined with probabilistic manipulation and experience, she managed to do quite well, even earning a decent living; she chose to manufacture farmer's tools. She had little against war, but knew well that any such weapon would be used against Bomic as opposed to foreigners.

In this manner, aging a year in, oh, 55 on average, still more centuries passed. MT times arrived- and with them, good detection technology. The government soon could track her (and others) well. It became clear that this frankly was VERY BAD, as they noticed her more and more, and it grew harder and harder to slip away. They fortunately were thorough, and somewhat humane; a neck break, a cremation. Terribly unfair to any counterpart, but bearable nonetheless, and quick to cause reforming. Each time she left her body, she saw the event in which she would depart draw closer; she soon realized that it was time, and-by now desperate- did what is outlined below.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: In what corresponds to the twenty first century (2995 Bomic era), due to technology having improved while attitudes didn't quite so much, Borksmiclen became flat out too dangerous for its own personification. Kwa-a, desperate, tried something nonspecific; she saved up, so to speak, several days worth of energy and funneled it into making it possible for her to go somewhere where she could be happy and safer. What happened was that it tapped into the spirits' sending of Rmwytliin centuries in the past, bringing forth a flier from Bielefield. (And a random scrap of blank paper for FV-a Borksmiclen.) By using up all energy to be gained from Borksmiclen beyond that required for her survival for the next two years, eight months, six days, 13 hours, ten minutes, and 4 seconds, she managed to send herself to Bielefield and her counterpart to a lower dimension- specifically, the one to which FV-a Rmwtyliin had been sent. (Both versions appeared about 4 feet from Rmwtyliin, between 30 s and 1 min after her arrival.)

URL to Apartment Picture: None currently. She has a two-bedroom, six-room apartment, Her room has: pale gray carpeting, blue-gray stone walls with painted emerald trim, charcoal bedding, white sheets, various woven/patterned blankets brought by Kwa'a, emerald pillow embroided with the other colors present, a emerald mesh canopy, a thick, large folded blanket in place of a mattress in the center of the room, an emerald ceiling, and motifs of cockroaches and ducks; fabrics and other materials are simple, for instance cotton, linen, and wool. Accents are mainly in shades of red.
The bathroom and kitchen are both almost entirely made up of smooth stones of various sizes and colors - wall, floor, countertops, and ceiling. In the bathroom, a two-foot-deep basin shaped like a tub and made of resin-coated "gilding metal" (95% Cu, 5% Zn), along with faucets and a shower emptying into this, is separated from a sink and toilet coated in the same by a curtain fading from emerald at the bottom to sky blue at the top. Faucets are plated, inside and out, with pure copper. The modern appliances filling most of the kitchen, similarly, are either clad in gilding metal or stone; a medium gray curtain separates off a late-Savage-Era Bomic kitchen.
The living room, which has a fireplace at its center, is circular. The floor is composed of very dark grey stone, and the walls are painted with a gradient, matching the floor's shade at the bottom and fading to almost-white at the ceiling. Chairs in styles ranging from modernly sleek to comfortably squashy, in various bright colors not including actual red, surround the perimeter, save for two exits to the outside. French gray pillows, intricately embroidered in more muted versions of these hues, serve as accents.
At the very end of the hall, behind a door with a copper knob, one finds a workshop. Like the bathroom and kitchen, walls, ceiling, and floor consist of stone; unlike these, the former two are covered with mirror-bright copper leaf. This contains a loom, a steel desk with pull-out drawers, and a forge.
The second bedroom, distinguishable by a spring green door patterned with violet and sky blue, is furnished identically to Rmwtyliin's bedroom in her own apartment, save for the ceiling, which is a stone mosaic depicting an abstract design and done in the same colors as the door.
The hallway has walls and floor painted sky blue, and a French gray carpet. Doors, orange patterned with russet and sky blue and with knobs of gilding metal over brass if not otherwise stated, lead off of it to each room. The interior side of the front door is also decorated in that manner.

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

[spoiler](Some w/Nick.)
viewtopic.php?p=18703683#p18703683
viewtopic.php?p=20561079#p20561079
(Human (powered) character in hotel etc.)
viewtopic.php?p=18513905#p18513905
(Three examples from Personification Players; former is a drama/descriptive writing example, latter two focus more on response of a young woman (me) to a the situation.)
viewtopic.php?p=19262992#p19262992
viewtopic.php?p=19253035#p19253035
viewtopic.php?p=19157007#p19157007
(And a slice-of-life collab from an FT RP.)
viewtopic.php?p=17988362#p17988362

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Kwa'a is a personification, of sorts, of Borksmiclen. Due partially to beliefs present at her formation, she's basically a strong spirit- possessing a few mental powers (basically useless for the moment) and some very weak physical ones- with a human body. As the Bomic government is hostile towards most women, especially ones who appear to have prolonged their lives through occult means, and (due to a foolish incident in her "youth") particularly ones who match her physical description, she's here as, ironically, a refugee.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:34 am

Fvaar I'll get to the apps in a short while. Working on a project.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:56 am

A throwback? let me fire up my wayback machine (like a time machine but with extra nostalgia)...

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:01 am

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:A throwback? let me fire up my wayback machine (like a time machine but with extra nostalgia)...

wayback ? hmm

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:02 am

Cerillium wrote:Fvaar I'll get to the apps in a short while. Working on a project.

No rush. They've been on hold for a while; I figured that we could use them, now. Anyway, I'm going to be busy today, so seriously, I have no problem whatsoever with this being a lower priority. :)
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:03 am

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:A throwback? let me fire up my wayback machine (like a time machine but with extra nostalgia)...

This pic is most awesome.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:08 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:

This pic is most awesome.

It is.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:14 am

IT'S TOO DAMN COLD.

I want Summer back. Fuck this. I hate it.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:23 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:@Cer: Nope!

Character Name: Rmwtyliin Saagve Annvyeelee Fvvarniimalasaakuuliia

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Pale caramel skin, dark brown hair, slightly grayish dark blue eyes, 4'11", around 100 lb, late preteen/early teenage years (going by Fvaarniimarn standards; based on height etc, most Americans or Europeans would likely estimate her age at nine or ten), 12 years old.

Character Unique Skills(if any):
Speaks Fvaarniimarn
Has received extensive diplomatic training
Limited fluency in medieval French, Latin, German, and English
Can do math (up to geometry, very limited algebra) in bases five, ten, and sixty (although base five is easiest)
Large amount of relatively useless (as Fvaarniimar is in a different dimension or universe or whatever) knowledge concerning Fvaarniimar
Trained in self-defense and most weapons existing in her time- specifically, trained to the point of able to use the common weapons/techniques with about 75% accuracy.
Fast reader- in Fvaarniimarn, anyway.
Good at teaching others
Glassblowing, calligraphy, public speaking, woodcarving, foraging/other survival skills

Character Powers (if any):

Intuition- 1. Might, about 3 or 4 times per year, pick up on something that she couldn't logically know. It is probable that it won't be terribly helpful- for instance, she might figure out the color of a room. That being said, if a situation is desperate it may provide more relevant info, although not likely in any greater quantity. Ability at time of arrival is involuntary, but theoretically a small amount of control could be developed; this would likely be far more trouble than it was worth.

Very limited communication ability exacerbated by a lack of aptitude for languages

Clueless about technology, modern science, etc.

Prejudiced against most sentient males- she can stand them but doesn't think that they have a lot to contribute to society. (Does have a soft spot for male artisans and a close friendship-which-everyone-thought-would-be-more-someday with a carpenter from back home.)

Short tempered (cannot stand having groups she belongs to/is invested in/cares about insulted), impatient at times.

Character Background/Biography: Born in 517 FV as the third child and second daughter of Fvaaviimkune Tvthmlaaljvkyf, Rmwtyliin had far fewer expectations to live up to than her elder sister. As she was expected to serve as Naabvimliikunz and in either an interior position or as an ambassador of some sort, she received training in diplomacy and interpersonal relations which far exceeded the already thorough tutelage which was par for the course if one was within eleven generations of House Fvaarniimalasaalakuulia. This training, being rather hands-on, also completely eliminated her natural slight shyness. She did have some time for fun, and spent most with her sister, Venmii and/or brother, Emm, both of whom she'd always been close to.
While Rmwtyliin was twelve, her sister Vemnii turned seventeen and was officially appointed Naabvimliikune. A few months later, during a break in the middle of a routine ceremony requesting protection from the spirits prior to a diplomatic mission, Rmwtyliin vanished from Fvaarniimar and found herself on Subabsurdus Street, facing the Building with a ring- containing a small diamond, sufficient to cover about two months rent- in one hand.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation:As far as she knows, one of the spirits decided to transport her there. Given the context, it might have been for her protection, but it just as easily could be something like the spirit of the square root of two being irrational. Despite her age, she is a fairly skilled diplomat and may end up with a job relating to this.

URL to Apartment Picture: Pending (and likely to remain that way for some time!) Description: Two-bedroom apartment, spring green carpet, tan tile, violet walls in bedroom, sapphire in living room, cerulean in bathroom, spring green in kitchen, wood and fabric furnishings in above hues or dark brown, accents in bright violet and spring green throughout, emerald ceilings, gray moldings, doors, tile grout, etc. there is a linen hanging in the kitchen, also spring green, separating a few modem appliances, wood-clad, from a fairly-standard but well-ventilated Fvaarniimarn-style circa 500FV kitchen.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Rmwtyliin is a tweenaged princess from medieval Fvaarniimar who has "somehow" ended up in Bielefield. She's not afraid to try new things, is something of a trendsetter, and loves art. If at all possible, she'll attempt to resolve situations diplomatically. Also, she has issues with most males.

Approved. I'll review the other one sometime later. Don't post of her yet.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:26 am

I appreciate this very much.
she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse