NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Bran's Bomb Shelter Group: basement, bomb shelter (door to stairwell is off main lobby)
Chaos: basement, Chaos Quarters (door to stairwell is off main lobby)
Rodney: basement, near utility room.
Am: basement, near utility room.

Deader: on 1st somewhere

2A NVE's old appartment
2B Bones
2C Naomi's old apt
2D Giovenith
2E Dora, Luce, Chrys, Dia
2F Katya and Torii
2G Cuisine and MB
2H Volturius and Tipper
2J Deuce

3A Luxan Quarters (Primordial, Insidious, Aegis)
3B Kei
3C Thriller Family
3D Thriller's old room
3E Dan
3F Stephen
3G Sapphire, Barox
3H Superbia/Blythe
3J Lucius/Xanthe

(Can ya tell 3rd houses a lot of dangerous funky tech and magic stuff?!)

4A Three Tails
4B Adam
4C Ray's first place
4D Jonathan and Caroline
4E Myra
4F Mezran
4G Nex
4H Yuna/Drova
4J Sig

(Don't ask what's on the 5th.)

6A Javert
6B Toscha
6C Sterling
6D Sanjay
6E Flint
6F Lilian
6G Cinnamon
6H Mortimer
6J Leroy and Wolfgang

7A Van
7B Nick
7C Varona and Sinyaya
7D Cerril and Saren and now Sherril
7E Jason
7F Kale
7G Ki'Rek
7H Jasmin
7J vacant

8A Guild House
8B Hunter
8C Something mysterious.
8D Ryan DiAngelo
8E Sir Reginald Crowley
8F Matuk Durz
8G Brit
8H vacant
8J vacant

9A vacant
9B vacant
9C vacant
9D vacant
9E vacant
9F vacant
9G vacant
9H vacant
9J vacant

@Torsi. It wouldn't be working for the city. It would be residents banded together under some strange name (if they wanted) and doing the work of supers. The city would allow them to get away with some stuff because they were serving a role (keeping crime down) but going all-out vigilante without the city's blessing could lead to a variety of things. (Innocent person falsely beaten by vigilante sues character. Hard feelings arise between mundanes and Residents. Residents get fan clubs and trading cards. Anything is possible.) I don't see Torii as a villain. The raptors, although evil when trying to take over the world, aren't necessarily evil just because they want to be evil. That makes no sense. I'll explain after I've had sleep.

@Van. It's however the Residents decide to set it up using existing their characters. Perhaps your character is the one that suggests it to them?

@All. Creepfest. Tell me what character you want to run. No children. Copypasta this list:

CREEPFEST
Bones -
Bran -
Carly -
Cer - GM
Eru -
GT -
Gio -
Min -
Mon -
NVE -
Prim -
Ry -
Swith - on leave
Ter -
Tilt -
TNEL -
Torsi -
Van -
Warp - on leave of sorts

Well I guess Brit's gonna need a roommate still.

And as for Creepfest...hmm...It's a tie between Brit and Flint. And I really kinda don't feel like dying, but I also am not entirely sure about Flint...
Last edited by Monfrox on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:18 am

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Morlo or MorloKitty

Character Name: Jorgen Rodgers

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Caucasian Human with Steampunk Cyborg aspects

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Jorgen is an even six feet tall, exactly, with short, dark brown hair, and a deep gray left eye. He has slightly tan skin on the parts of his body that are still human. Jorgen's right arm and eye are replaced with Steampunk technology, as well as both of his legs below the knee. Several lenses can move over either of his eyes, especially his right, and his Steampunk limbs have visible pistons and gears on them. Standardly, he wears long dark pants, a long sleeve near-white button up shirt, a long trench coat, and dark leather shoes. Pretty much, he looks like a businessman, but with Steampunk parts. The right arm of both his shirt and trench coat are missing to allow his arm to be seen.

URL to Character Picture, if any: N/A yet, may change later.

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human):
INT: 4
STR: 3
PER: 2

Character Unique Skills(if any):
Steampunk Engineering: 3

Character Powers (if any): N/A

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Jorgen's Steampunk parts tend to jam in not cleaned regularly, and can rust after long exposure to water. While he can fix this given time, he tends to avoid water, and take at least an hour a day cleaning his parts. If he goes greater then 48 hours without cleaning them, or is exposed to water for more than 3 hours between cleanings, he loses his additional strength. If it's over 72 hours between cleanings, or 5 hours of water, his steampunk parts cease to function entirely.

Character Background/Biography: Jorgen has been into Steampunk engineering since he was born, pretty much. His father was an engineer, but nowhere near of the caliber that Jorgen is. He's been building things since he was three, and was able to make working inventions at the age of twelve. After his parents died when he was seventeen, he took ever their estate, and continued inventing. Over time, he managed to lose his right arm, right eye, and both of his lower legs due to... Accidents. He replaced them with his own inventions, and kept working. Eventually, he got bored with staying home and inventing, so he left his home to explore the world.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Traveling Steampunk engineer. Came here in his travels, really.

URL to Apartment Picture: N/A yet.

Link to RP examples: viewtopic.php?p=18805945#p18805945

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Jorgen is a Steampunk engineer who got a little over-eccentric. Due to experimentation with his devices, he's had to replace several parts of his body with Steampunk parts, which have increased his physical attributes a bit beyond the norm. He tends to carry several of his inventions at a time, and try to sell or use them at every chance he gets.

I live again. :3
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Officially Thernsymantic!
Statty: Un-Daughter
New Cinoth: Insane Mistress
Sungai: Cousin of Sorts
Pinki3: Living Cupcake
LadyRebels: The Witch
Fort: That Crazy Guy in the Corner
Gidge: The Fluffy Queen
Valerie: Vampire Cookie Queen
Glee: Glee-chan
Greater Appalachia: The Ghost
Earthy/Uni: Platonic Lover
Nana: Kitteh Mama

Gallade wrote:My Little Morlo, Abduction is Magic~

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:46 am

TAB Region Mates:

It's here. Waiting. Calling. You know you want to play, especially as you're allowed to play someone from your nation!

Dead Serious. Click it.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:47 am

Morlodania wrote:

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Caucasian Human with Steampunk Cyborg aspects

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Jorgen is an even six feet tall, exactly, with short, dark brown hair, and a deep gray left eye. He has slightly tan skin on the parts of his body that are still human. Jorgen's right arm and eye are replaced with Steampunk technology, as well as both of his legs below the knee. Several lenses can move over either of his eyes, especially his right, and his Steampunk limbs have visible pistons and gears on them. Standardly, he wears long dark pants, a long sleeve near-white button up shirt, a long trench coat, and dark leather shoes. Pretty much, he looks like a businessman, but with Steampunk parts. The right arm of both his shirt and trench coat are missing to allow his arm to be seen.

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Jorgen's Steampunk parts tend to jam in not cleaned regularly, and can rust after long exposure to water. While he can fix this given time, he tends to avoid water, and take at least an hour a day cleaning his parts. If he goes greater then 48 hours without cleaning them, or is exposed to water for more than 3 hours between cleanings, he loses his additional strength. If it's over 72 hours between cleanings, or 5 hours of water, his steampunk parts cease to function entirely.

Character Background/Biography: Jorgen has been into Steampunk engineering since he was born, pretty much. His father was an engineer, but nowhere near of the caliber that Jorgen is. He's been building things since he was three, and was able to make working inventions at the age of twelve. After his parents died when he was seventeen, he took ever their estate, and continued inventing. Over time, he managed to lose his right arm, right eye, and both of his lower legs due to... Accidents. He replaced them with his own inventions, and kept working. Eventually, he got bored with staying home and inventing, so he left his home to explore the world.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Traveling Steampunk engineer. Came here in his travels, really.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Jorgen is a Steampunk engineer who got a little over-eccentric. Due to experimentation with his devices, he's had to replace several parts of his body with Steampunk parts, which have increased his physical attributes a bit beyond the norm. He tends to carry several of his inventions at a time, and try to sell or use them at every chance he gets.

Approved. Welcome back. I'll need to add your tab tomorrow.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:15 am

Cerillium wrote:
Morlodania wrote:

IMPORTANT:

Approved. Welcome back. I'll need to add your tab tomorrow.

Huzzah!
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:22 am

Cerillium wrote:TAB Region Mates:

It's here. Waiting. Calling. You know you want to play, especially as you're allowed to play someone from your nation!

Dead Serious. Click it.

Does it have to be a character from the nation we have in the region?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 am

Ill be having Primordial take part in Creepfest.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:02 am

Giovenith wrote:

Dead Serious. Click it.

Does it have to be a character from the nation we have in the region?

Or a citizen of Bielefeld itself.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:19 am

I'll put Kale for now, but I might make another character for it that's a little bit more 'oriented' than her. Though I might not since I might just rush it without doing enough research. They're gonna be from the Witcher universe and I have not played through all the games nor have read any books, so I might refrain until I have. But maybe not. It's not the first time I did a character without much prior research, but I feel obligated to do a lot to make them a well fleshed out character.

Well damn I babbled. Put down Kale for it. It might change but I'll yelp if that's the case.

First Creepfest though. Have no idea what its like.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 am

Dead Serious. Click it.

Can I be part of this since I'm associated (I think)?
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:31 am

Dead Serious. Click it.

*slowly raises hand*

I'm not in the region (because region with friends and stuff) but assuming we're using our own nation as a part of the RP, would I be able to send in one of my soldiers? Please?
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:32 am

Vancon wrote:

Dead Serious. Click it.

Can I be part of this since I'm associated (I think)?

Quoted from the OP:
Can you join TAB to play? Yes. You may sign up until the day the NS-Z3 officially begins. You MUST follow regional directives during the Zombie event. MUST.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:38 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:
Rygondria wrote:i think in my post i am going to make reginald get into a knife fight with an Arthurian archer sent to kill him in the middle Of Oktoberfest because why the fuck not.

Why not a dinosaur? Or two drunk dinosaurs who are there?
*hint, hint, wink, wink, stabby, stabby*

umm i have no idea what you are saying.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Again, Cer, Bones's apartment isn't listed. It moves around, remember? This is some of the oldest canon in PL, from all the way back in the first thread.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Rygondria wrote:
The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:Why not a dinosaur? Or two drunk dinosaurs who are there?
*hint, hint, wink, wink, stabby, stabby*

umm i have no idea what you are saying.

He's offering to interact with your char Ry ^_^

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Rygondria wrote:umm i have no idea what you are saying.

Ok. Go ahead Mr Raptor.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:26 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:

Ok. Go ahead Mr Raptor.

Working on it.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Ok. Go ahead Mr Raptor.

Working on it.

Understood Mr.Raptor

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Also... Would someone care to catch me up on recent events? (Last week of posts, via TG, if needed.)
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Bone Fort wrote:Again, Cer, Bones's apartment isn't listed. It moves around, remember? This is some of the oldest canon in PL, from all the way back in the first thread.

2B or Not 2B. Running gag. It never moved around in the building though. It would vanish to be replaced by something else, or become something totally different each time the door was opened, but the door was always in the same place in the hall. Swith combed threads to make certain that sort of canon was preserved ergo it's in the same hall as NVE and Swith's first apartments. The door was assigned a number based on those apartments' locations in relation to it.

Technically, none of the apartments are there at all while many of the floors are dimensions too cumbersome for a 3D or 4D being to dwell on. Gehenna is an actual floor (found only in the elevator by its symbol). You'll need to ask Gio, Torsi and all about their discoveries while searching for a place to put the Teen Club.

Clarifications on Dead Serious:

The (extremely loose) concept: there's a research facility. All our nations have contributed employees. It's based in Bielefeld because I don't have time to worldbuild (and Swith's not well enough to). Players play those employees. This isn't going to be a long-term RP and I'm not going to put any effort into bringing characters outside the facility into the story (the exception is the reporter. You'll need him.)

Rather than limit people to just being soldiers or scientists, I've given them the option of playing security forces, researchers, average persons and tech savvy people. Each class gives specific skills.

You are NOT allowed to play PL characters. You may play a person from your nation or , if you do not have your nation set up as an entity, you may play a native Bielefelder. Native Bielefelders have a bonus: they don't freak out easily.

IF you are NOT a member of TAB but you want to play, you may play IF you belong to PL.

IF you are a member of TAB but you plan to leave the region during the zombie event (you want to infect others, you want to kill citizens etc), you may still play in the region RP.

IF you have a puppet nation in TAB but want to play a person from your main nation and IF that nation does not belong to TAB, you may still play that nation's citizen in the region RP.

We are combining Creepfest and TAB NS-Z3. PL will remain on freeform until the NS zombie event is over. This is mainly because Swith's still recovering and I'm spread thin between RL and here. I also promised her I'd showcase our region's talent (you guys) by running a zombie RP. You guys matter to her; she's proud of how far you've come.

BECAUSE we're combining Creepfest with TAB NS-Z3, I'm more than happy to let you be a little more wild than "average Joe". No, you can't pull stuff out of thin air but you can be more zany. All I ask is that you leave the horror to me (and Bones) because this isn't a gore game (*looks at Prim*) and don't bring in your nation's tech to save the day (*looks at NVE, Dani, Swith, and everyone else with wonky or advanced tech). Atomic-powered coffee pots are allowed.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:34 pm

Morlodania wrote:Also... Would someone care to catch me up on recent events? (Last week of posts, via TG, if needed.)

The easiest way to do it would be to have him return after being on holiday. He'd arrived back in Bielefeld to find that it's autumn. The town is celebrating Oktoberfest.

Everything has been free form for a while. There are small player-generated stories taking place but no major story.

Oktoberfest:
Cerillium wrote:The evening wore on and people grew tired, or horny, or thirsty, or sleepy or any of the things that people in Bielefeld were prone to do when one needs to transition forward. And so they went to bed, or went to fuck, or went for a drink and then went home to go to bed or to fuck and then sleep, or did all the things necessary for us to all move on to a brand new day.

The day arrived cold and crisp and clear as a proper autumn day should. It was by some clever spell woven by Mother Nature, or God wiggling his phalanges, or the GM having one beer too many, but was indeed no longer summer and winter really was right around the corner. Gretta's rabid flower garden had transitioned into a blaze of red and orange (at least the damn thing wasn't actually on fire - yet), and the trees were now heavily crowned in reds, oranges and yellows.

Bielefeld was rather German (nobody knows why, so don't ask) and Oktoberfest was something that everyone looked forward to all year 'round. The city and her citizens had worked tirelessly to prepare for the holiday (for it was a long legal holiday in this quaint nation-state!) and now everything was in place. Great wreaths made from leaves and autumn berries and reddish orange ribbons festooned lamp posts. Corn stalks tied up with brown twine kept hay bales company on the street corners. Pumpkins and apples adorned the outsides of shops or were tastefully arranged behind their glass windows. The mouth-watering scent of freshly baked good filled the air and promised the tastes of apple pies, cinnamon-raisin breads, pumpkin loaves and other seasonal delights.

The Market District park was once again set up as a Biergarten with booths and tables for beer and other not-so-healthy German foods. Ein Prosit drifted on the breeze. Pretty frau in Bavarian dirndl dresses carried frothy Glaskrug of Hacker-Pschorr to patrons at the tables, although the hour was still early in the day (Bielefeld's German population didn't care - holiday!) The song ended and a traditional German band struck up a new tune.

Klaus had been a very busy person. He was a busy-body by nature, but he'd enlisted the aid of some of his more trusted Men and been too busy for his own good. Many of the beer garten patrons realized they were up to some nonsense, but the exact nature of it wasn't apparent at first. A table was set up in one corner. Streamers and balloons hung from the poles supporting an overhead tarp. Comfortable chairs had been placed in this celebration "tent", but many of the trappings were unrecognizable unless one were familiar with Torsiedelle. These were native things, beautiful things, and cultural things that spoke of a proud land and a proud people. People paused to admire them but quickly got out of the way once the people arrived.

Oh yes, the people. These poor souls had been awoken from their beds without even so much as a "how'dyoudo" and rushed through their morning routines. "Hurry. It's a surprise. You're going to be late! Hurry". And so they were dressed, given some buttered toast, and hauled through the shadows to that very pavilion. Some had thought ahead and had gifts, while others perhaps dashed across the street to purchase something small. And then they waited.... teen club and friends alike.

"Torii!" Klaus' voice was an explosion in Torii's tiny bedroom. "Come! Come hurry come! It's urgent. You must go there now!" He didn't allow her any time to ask questions. She was prodded into washing and dressing, was told that her pets would be fed, but that she had to hurry. Thus it was that the young girl found herself fully clothing and through the Biergarten, turning the corner just in time to see her very own party tent and hear the teen club and others shouting "Surprise!" and "Happy birthday!"

Marcus, blushing furiously because he was the one that told Klaus, stood next to Gioventh. Rylli was also there, although Bran wasn't present. Myra smiled and gestured for Torii to join them. Yuna and Drova stood off to one side. Even Kale had managed to make it. (If there are any other teen clubbers or Torii-friends they certainly are there as well.)

Elsewhere
A lone figure sat on the low stone wall that separated street from beach. He wore a grey cardigan sweater and held a bag of roasted chestnuts, and his red socks matched today.

I think...I'd like to give the idea of 'us' a try, if you don't mind. She had whispered those words on this very spot nearly a year ago, and then she had slipped from the wall to kneel in the sand before him. He recalled the glow from the sand captured in her hands, and then the image of the golden glass flower that she held aloft as a token for him to take, the flower itself a representation of her. He had cupped her hands with his own and said, This is me, holding you and hoping to protect you from ever being shattered by careless wind or motion.

Hans sighed. Life was worth living when she was part of it. She was his battle maiden, his beautiful Chrys. And soon she'd wind her way down the road from the Building, and perhaps meet up with him to explore the city and bier-

"Oh damnit!" The cultist slapped his forehead as he suddenly realized he'd forgotten to tell her to meet him at the wall.

Still Elsewhere
We aren't privy to that far of time and place of Vaffelhelm, nor to the further dialog between the Klaus of that period and his guest, the human Mab. We are privy to the current events here in Bielefeld, and they went a bit like this:

Naomi had made her excuses. She had children to attend to and was still intimidated by a god who knew how to behave like a proper god should. This left Fritz and Mab to quiet reflections. He had briefly considered the idea of entertaining the glorious queen in bed, but sensibly realized she had better things to do than romp with a chaos god (not to mention that kinky sex was more of his sibling's gig).

And so they parted for the evening, and his last words were to reinforce that she could come and go from his house as she pleased and, were she interested, she might look into the strange Teutonic festival in the city tomorrow. He had planned to attend it at some point, perhaps towards evening.

Mab would be awoken by a cheerful servant offering a breakfast to suit her fancy.

And Still Elsewhere
Reginald awoke in the hall that morning. It was uncertain how he'd gotten there (he'd been put to sleep by a cultist) or where the knight went (a cultist took care of that as well), but now he was sore and stiff and propped up against Cerril and Sherril's door. He made a bit of noise upon awaking, which would alert the people inside that someone was at their door, of course.

As it so happened, Calle was passing and saw the man on the floor.

And Also Still Elsewhere
"OH MY SWEET GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD!" Mrs. Peabody had never prayed those words so fervently, or even uttered them in bed with so much emotion, as she was doing so now. She flailed like an overturned turtle and waved her arms to ward off the massive monster beside the strange man. Mrs. Peabody's eyesight was rather poor without her glasses, and those were unfortunately now resting somewhere under the browning hostas. "OH GOD OH RUN OH LORD RUN!"

Her words seemed to galvanize her into action. Up she went, and Ilun found his wrist caught in an incredibly tight vice. She pulled him across the yard, her house dress flapping and the curlers bouncing with each step. "Come on, man, don't stand there. That Drone is probably targeting us with laser beams and death rays!" Pushing and pushing and more pushing (despite Ilun's size) managed to get him not only up the back porch steps but into the kitchen proper.

It was then that Mrs. Peabody got a good look at the young man she had just rescued. There, under the harsh kitchen light, was Ilun in all his glory.

"God's Mercy!" she squealed and turned to run, but Darius had followed along behind them as silently as a cat stalking a mouse. Mrs. Peabody darted out the door and directly into his hull, and was thus (mercifully) now unconscious.

The Drone instructed Ilun to lay her out on her plastic-covered floral couch. She would provide information once her senses returned. They could get nothing much out of her other than ramblings about seeking the Drone shelters and for someone to call the NMJM offices. As it turned out, Mrs. Peabody had a nice little library in one of the bedrooms. Old encyclopedias offered some explanation of the land and the Earth's history.

Morning came before there was any sign of purposeful movement from the woman. By then, the sounds of Oktoberfest music were starting to rise on the breeze.

And Also Still Elsewhere
Bran would awake with the urge to check his mail. Brit would awake with the urge to check her mail. Thus the two collided at the mailboxes. They were nearly run over by three of Klaus' Men eager to get to the festivities.

More Elswheres
Matuk awoke in his apartment. Given that his handler is a regular, there isn't any reason to go through an IC explanation for how things work around here. Thus he was aware of basics and able to get on with his day. Someone had kindly slipped an Oktoberfest flyer under his door during the night.

Yeah, More Elsewheres
The Honey Badger had decided that night time was not a good time to investigate the fish in the middle of the smelly water. He invited the other three animals to share his den under the fake pirate ship. It was damn decent of him, considering his nature, but needs must, chaps.

And All the Places Remaining
Residents awoke as was customary. Those that ventured into the halls would smell the remnants of mac and cheese. Those that opened their windows would smell the sweet foods being prepared all over town. This is the GM's polite way of saying he's tired of writing so find your own fucking motivation and go participate in the festival. Hence the Luxans were lux'm, the Klingons were klinging, the Froxians were froxing, the Raptors were rapping, the cultists were culting, and way far away on Gliese a bunch of invitations were being written. Every resident would find an Oktoberfest flyer had been slipped under their doors during the night. You can all go, you can all stay away. Regardless, it's a brand new day.

Oh PL people,
Transitions take way too long.
It makes my head hurt.

We are still on the same day as when this post was made so nothing much has changed.

@All. Let me know if you need time advanced to evening or the next day.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:Again, Cer, Bones's apartment isn't listed. It moves around, remember? This is some of the oldest canon in PL, from all the way back in the first thread.

2B or Not 2B. Running gag. It never moved around in the building though. It would vanish to be replaced by something else, or become something totally different each time the door was opened, but the door was always in the same place in the hall. Swith combed threads to make certain that sort of canon was preserved ergo it's in the same hall as NVE and Swith's first apartments. The door was assigned a number based on those apartments' locations in relation to it.

Technically, none of the apartments are there at all while many of the floors are dimensions too cumbersome for a 3D or 4D being to dwell on. Gehenna is an actual floor (found only in the elevator by its symbol). You'll need to ask Gio, Torsi and all about their discoveries while searching for a place to put the Teen Club.

The (extremely loose) concept: there's a research facility. All our nations have contributed employees. It's based in Bielefeld because I don't have time to worldbuild (and Swith's not well enough to). Players play those employees. This isn't going to be a long-term RP and I'm not going to put any effort into bringing characters outside the facility into the story (the exception is the reporter. You'll need him.)

Rather than limit people to just being soldiers or scientists, I've given them the option of playing security forces, researchers, average persons and tech savvy people. Each class gives specific skills.

You are NOT allowed to play PL characters. You may play a person from your nation or , if you do not have your nation set up as an entity, you may play a native Bielefelder. Native Bielefelders have a bonus: they don't freak out easily.

IF you are NOT a member of TAB but you want to play, you may play IF you belong to PL.

IF you are a member of TAB but you plan to leave the region during the zombie event (you want to infect others, you want to kill citizens etc), you may still play in the region RP.

IF you have a puppet nation in TAB but want to play a person from your main nation and IF that nation does not belong to TAB, you may still play that nation's citizen in the region RP.

We are combining Creepfest and TAB NS-Z3. PL will remain on freeform until the NS zombie event is over. This is mainly because Swith's still recovering and I'm spread thin between RL and here. I also promised her I'd showcase our region's talent (you guys) by running a zombie RP. You guys matter to her; she's proud of how far you've come.

BECAUSE we're combining Creepfest with TAB NS-Z3, I'm more than happy to let you be a little more wild than "average Joe". No, you can't pull stuff out of thin air but you can be more zany. All I ask is that you leave the horror to me (and Bones) because this isn't a gore game (*looks at Prim*) and don't bring in your nation's tech to save the day (*looks at NVE, Dani, Swith, and everyone else with wonky or advanced tech). Atomic-powered coffee pots are allowed.

Reginald in a zombie outbreak. *cocks elephant rifle* Happy hunting!

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Cerillium wrote:

So... I CAN play this, if I read it right...?

My nation is mostly non-humans, though... ponies, anthro-ponies, half-dragons, dragons, and some weird dragon/pony... Things... With about a 10% human population, soo....
Cerillium wrote:
Morlodania wrote:Also... Would someone care to catch me up on recent events? (Last week of posts, via TG, if needed.)

The easiest way to do it would be to have him return after being on holiday. He'd arrived back in Bielefeld to find that it's autumn. The town is celebrating Oktoberfest.

Everything has been free form for a while. There are small player-generated stories taking place but no major story.

Oktoberfest:
Cerillium wrote:The evening wore on and people grew tired, or horny, or thirsty, or sleepy or any of the things that people in Bielefeld were prone to do when one needs to transition forward. And so they went to bed, or went to fuck, or went for a drink and then went home to go to bed or to fuck and then sleep, or did all the things necessary for us to all move on to a brand new day.

The day arrived cold and crisp and clear as a proper autumn day should. It was by some clever spell woven by Mother Nature, or God wiggling his phalanges, or the GM having one beer too many, but was indeed no longer summer and winter really was right around the corner. Gretta's rabid flower garden had transitioned into a blaze of red and orange (at least the damn thing wasn't actually on fire - yet), and the trees were now heavily crowned in reds, oranges and yellows.

Bielefeld was rather German (nobody knows why, so don't ask) and Oktoberfest was something that everyone looked forward to all year 'round. The city and her citizens had worked tirelessly to prepare for the holiday (for it was a long legal holiday in this quaint nation-state!) and now everything was in place. Great wreaths made from leaves and autumn berries and reddish orange ribbons festooned lamp posts. Corn stalks tied up with brown twine kept hay bales company on the street corners. Pumpkins and apples adorned the outsides of shops or were tastefully arranged behind their glass windows. The mouth-watering scent of freshly baked good filled the air and promised the tastes of apple pies, cinnamon-raisin breads, pumpkin loaves and other seasonal delights.

The Market District park was once again set up as a Biergarten with booths and tables for beer and other not-so-healthy German foods. Ein Prosit drifted on the breeze. Pretty frau in Bavarian dirndl dresses carried frothy Glaskrug of Hacker-Pschorr to patrons at the tables, although the hour was still early in the day (Bielefeld's German population didn't care - holiday!) The song ended and a traditional German band struck up a new tune.

Klaus had been a very busy person. He was a busy-body by nature, but he'd enlisted the aid of some of his more trusted Men and been too busy for his own good. Many of the beer garten patrons realized they were up to some nonsense, but the exact nature of it wasn't apparent at first. A table was set up in one corner. Streamers and balloons hung from the poles supporting an overhead tarp. Comfortable chairs had been placed in this celebration "tent", but many of the trappings were unrecognizable unless one were familiar with Torsiedelle. These were native things, beautiful things, and cultural things that spoke of a proud land and a proud people. People paused to admire them but quickly got out of the way once the people arrived.

Oh yes, the people. These poor souls had been awoken from their beds without even so much as a "how'dyoudo" and rushed through their morning routines. "Hurry. It's a surprise. You're going to be late! Hurry". And so they were dressed, given some buttered toast, and hauled through the shadows to that very pavilion. Some had thought ahead and had gifts, while others perhaps dashed across the street to purchase something small. And then they waited.... teen club and friends alike.

"Torii!" Klaus' voice was an explosion in Torii's tiny bedroom. "Come! Come hurry come! It's urgent. You must go there now!" He didn't allow her any time to ask questions. She was prodded into washing and dressing, was told that her pets would be fed, but that she had to hurry. Thus it was that the young girl found herself fully clothing and through the Biergarten, turning the corner just in time to see her very own party tent and hear the teen club and others shouting "Surprise!" and "Happy birthday!"

Marcus, blushing furiously because he was the one that told Klaus, stood next to Gioventh. Rylli was also there, although Bran wasn't present. Myra smiled and gestured for Torii to join them. Yuna and Drova stood off to one side. Even Kale had managed to make it. (If there are any other teen clubbers or Torii-friends they certainly are there as well.)

Elsewhere
A lone figure sat on the low stone wall that separated street from beach. He wore a grey cardigan sweater and held a bag of roasted chestnuts, and his red socks matched today.

I think...I'd like to give the idea of 'us' a try, if you don't mind. She had whispered those words on this very spot nearly a year ago, and then she had slipped from the wall to kneel in the sand before him. He recalled the glow from the sand captured in her hands, and then the image of the golden glass flower that she held aloft as a token for him to take, the flower itself a representation of her. He had cupped her hands with his own and said, This is me, holding you and hoping to protect you from ever being shattered by careless wind or motion.

Hans sighed. Life was worth living when she was part of it. She was his battle maiden, his beautiful Chrys. And soon she'd wind her way down the road from the Building, and perhaps meet up with him to explore the city and bier-

"Oh damnit!" The cultist slapped his forehead as he suddenly realized he'd forgotten to tell her to meet him at the wall.

Still Elsewhere
We aren't privy to that far of time and place of Vaffelhelm, nor to the further dialog between the Klaus of that period and his guest, the human Mab. We are privy to the current events here in Bielefeld, and they went a bit like this:

Naomi had made her excuses. She had children to attend to and was still intimidated by a god who knew how to behave like a proper god should. This left Fritz and Mab to quiet reflections. He had briefly considered the idea of entertaining the glorious queen in bed, but sensibly realized she had better things to do than romp with a chaos god (not to mention that kinky sex was more of his sibling's gig).

And so they parted for the evening, and his last words were to reinforce that she could come and go from his house as she pleased and, were she interested, she might look into the strange Teutonic festival in the city tomorrow. He had planned to attend it at some point, perhaps towards evening.

Mab would be awoken by a cheerful servant offering a breakfast to suit her fancy.

And Still Elsewhere
Reginald awoke in the hall that morning. It was uncertain how he'd gotten there (he'd been put to sleep by a cultist) or where the knight went (a cultist took care of that as well), but now he was sore and stiff and propped up against Cerril and Sherril's door. He made a bit of noise upon awaking, which would alert the people inside that someone was at their door, of course.

As it so happened, Calle was passing and saw the man on the floor.

And Also Still Elsewhere
"OH MY SWEET GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD!" Mrs. Peabody had never prayed those words so fervently, or even uttered them in bed with so much emotion, as she was doing so now. She flailed like an overturned turtle and waved her arms to ward off the massive monster beside the strange man. Mrs. Peabody's eyesight was rather poor without her glasses, and those were unfortunately now resting somewhere under the browning hostas. "OH GOD OH RUN OH LORD RUN!"

Her words seemed to galvanize her into action. Up she went, and Ilun found his wrist caught in an incredibly tight vice. She pulled him across the yard, her house dress flapping and the curlers bouncing with each step. "Come on, man, don't stand there. That Drone is probably targeting us with laser beams and death rays!" Pushing and pushing and more pushing (despite Ilun's size) managed to get him not only up the back porch steps but into the kitchen proper.

It was then that Mrs. Peabody got a good look at the young man she had just rescued. There, under the harsh kitchen light, was Ilun in all his glory.

"God's Mercy!" she squealed and turned to run, but Darius had followed along behind them as silently as a cat stalking a mouse. Mrs. Peabody darted out the door and directly into his hull, and was thus (mercifully) now unconscious.

The Drone instructed Ilun to lay her out on her plastic-covered floral couch. She would provide information once her senses returned. They could get nothing much out of her other than ramblings about seeking the Drone shelters and for someone to call the NMJM offices. As it turned out, Mrs. Peabody had a nice little library in one of the bedrooms. Old encyclopedias offered some explanation of the land and the Earth's history.

Morning came before there was any sign of purposeful movement from the woman. By then, the sounds of Oktoberfest music were starting to rise on the breeze.

And Also Still Elsewhere
Bran would awake with the urge to check his mail. Brit would awake with the urge to check her mail. Thus the two collided at the mailboxes. They were nearly run over by three of Klaus' Men eager to get to the festivities.

More Elswheres
Matuk awoke in his apartment. Given that his handler is a regular, there isn't any reason to go through an IC explanation for how things work around here. Thus he was aware of basics and able to get on with his day. Someone had kindly slipped an Oktoberfest flyer under his door during the night.

Yeah, More Elsewheres
The Honey Badger had decided that night time was not a good time to investigate the fish in the middle of the smelly water. He invited the other three animals to share his den under the fake pirate ship. It was damn decent of him, considering his nature, but needs must, chaps.

And All the Places Remaining
Residents awoke as was customary. Those that ventured into the halls would smell the remnants of mac and cheese. Those that opened their windows would smell the sweet foods being prepared all over town. This is the GM's polite way of saying he's tired of writing so find your own fucking motivation and go participate in the festival. Hence the Luxans were lux'm, the Klingons were klinging, the Froxians were froxing, the Raptors were rapping, the cultists were culting, and way far away on Gliese a bunch of invitations were being written. Every resident would find an Oktoberfest flyer had been slipped under their doors during the night. You can all go, you can all stay away. Regardless, it's a brand new day.

Oh PL people,
Transitions take way too long.
It makes my head hurt.

We are still on the same day as when this post was made so nothing much has changed.

@All. Let me know if you need time advanced to evening or the next day.

Thanks, I'll start working on that.

I'll likely only get one post a day, except weekends, because I'm still IN TRAINING, just... I have internet now.
Last edited by Morlodania on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Morlodania wrote:So... I CAN play this, if I read it right...?

My nation is mostly non-humans, though... ponies, anthro-ponies, half-dragons, dragons, and some weird dragon/pony... Things... With about a 10% human population, soo....

Yes. Swith's fine with allowing PL participants to play since we aren't able to hold Creepfest in PL this year. PL players can be "guests of the TAB region".

I don't have any humans in my nation. You'll be fine with an anthro-pony.

I'll only post once or twice per day until the NS event launches. Most of NS goes batshit crazy and all the normal activities cease in favor of the special event. That event starts in 8 days (28th or 29th of Oct, depending on your location in the world) and players will need to post heavily for 36 hours. It'll become a blitz game during the event. I allow for one-liners during blitz games (provided players follow the basic post rules outlined in the DS OSS).

Again, just to clarify for people: PL players can play a character from their own (established) nation, regardless of where on NS that nation is housed. If you do not want to play a character from your nation, you may play a Bielefeld citizen. You can NOT play characters from anyplace other than those options. Characters must be employed by the facility (solders would count as security forces provided by your nation's government). The only exception is Min's journalist.

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Morlodania wrote:So... I CAN play this, if I read it right...?

Yes. Swith's fine with allowing PL participants to play since we aren't able to hold Creepfest in PL this year. PL players can be "guests of the TAB region".

I don't have any humans in my nation. You'll be fine with an anthro-pony.

I'll only post once or twice per day until the NS event launches. Most of NS goes batshit crazy and all the normal activities cease in favor of the special event. That event starts in 8 days (28th or 29th of Oct, depending on your location in the world) and players will need to post heavily for 36 hours. It'll become a blitz game during the event. I allow for one-liners during blitz games (provided players follow the basic post rules outlined in the DS OSS).

Again, just to clarify for people: PL players can play a character from their own (established) nation, regardless of where on NS that nation is housed. If you do not want to play a character from your nation, you may play a Bielefeld citizen. You can NOT play characters from anyplace other than those options. Characters must be employed by the facility (solders would count as security forces provided by your nation's government). The only exception is Min's journalist.

I'll probably play a modified Trit... Since she has a researcher personality type at times.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse