NATION

PASSWORD

Australia General Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

What state are you from?

NSW
26%
QLD
23%
Vic
23%
SA
5%
WA
8%
Tassie
3%
NT (I know this is not a state but yell about it all you want)
5%
ACT
1%
JBT
1%
Other Australian Territories
4%

Total votes : 261

The Eastern Antarctic State
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Australia General Discussion Thread

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:42 pm

A map for geography fans or if ya wondering what we're on about

G'day mates! Welcome to the Australian Discussion thread. Here you can discuss your favourite (or gripe about your least favourite) things about Australia! Whether you are Aussie or not, you're all fair dinkum! Make sure you just have friendly natter, and if you have a blue, take it outside! If you want, just put on some thongs, just lie back, slip on some sunnies, take a snooze and smell the cooking snags and prawns (bloody oath, they are good) First of all, what do you think of Abbot?
Me: Strewth he's bad.

Handy slang dictionary for yanks (and others):

Ankle biter- Toddler

Aussie- Australian

Barbie- Barbecue

Bloody Oath- Expression of suprise

Blue- Fight or red head

Bogroll- Toilet paper

Bonza- Good

Brisbane- Capital of Queensland, pronounce Brisbin

Chinwag- Conversation

Coldie- Cold Beer

Dunny- Toilet

Dinki Di- All good

Drongo- Stupid Person

Fair Dinkum- Truthful, or pretty good

Footpath- Side walk or pavement

G'day- Good day!

Noice- Nice

We love the letters 's', 're' and 'u' in our language, dammit! So, as a note for this being the Australian thread, please use them when saying words such as favourite, organise and centre.
Last edited by The Eastern Antarctic State on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:18 am, edited 14 times in total.
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

NOTE: I am an Australian.
I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:44 pm

I think he's a pandering shit.
On the other hand, I love Australia's highway system. I've also heard that Aussies don't like black people.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:45 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:I think he's a pandering shit.
On the other hand, I love Australia's highway system. I've also heard that Aussies don't like black people.

He's not exactly the best to say the least. Wow, someone actually likes the highway system! Where I am, they hate it! Especially the Bruce highway. Not really anymore, we are with them now, that was maybe 40 years ago. If there are people not liking them, they aren't where I am.
Last edited by The Eastern Antarctic State on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:46 pm

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:

He's not exactly the best to say the least. Wow, someone actually likes the highway system! Where I am, they hate it! Especially the Bruce highway.

You live in Queensland? Where exactly? And what's to hate about the Bruce Highway?
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Deltaz
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltaz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Where did you hear that from? We don't treat them any differently where I live.
Call me Delta, Deltaz sounds strange
Me: A 14 year old, Catholic male Australian, a patriot but believes that there are few things that can be done to improve the country.
Down with Abbott, put this in your sig if you agree!
Benuty wrote:
Geilinor wrote:What does anyone stand to gain from debating God?

Wine, Women, and Glory *nods*.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Kim Jong-Un is so fat, he's had his name legally changed to Kim Jong-Deux. 8)
Embassy Programme
Based off the fraternity in the comedy series community:DELTA CUBES DELTA CUBES
Deltaz is a crazy place, self classified as a Greendalian Anarchy and the government actively supports hijinks and shenanigans among other things.
Find out more here: CLICK MEH! (WIP)

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:48 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:He's not exactly the best to say the least. Wow, someone actually likes the highway system! Where I am, they hate it! Especially the Bruce highway.

You live in Queensland? Where exactly? And what's to hate about the Bruce Highway?

Toowoomba, but I have travelled on it, to me it wasn't exactly the best. people are always complaining about it (and dying on it.)
This ensues

Numbatistan
Civilian

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Numbatistan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Favourite thing: Numbats
Least favourite thing: Tony Abbott

x3

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Deltaz wrote:

Where did you hear that from? We don't treat them any differently where I live.

My sister told me. It's an anecdote.
It's of concern 'cos I'm black and I'd like to live there. Or in my home state, California.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Deltaz wrote:Where did you hear that from? We don't treat them any differently where I live.

It's of concern 'cos I'm black and I'd like to live there. Or in my home state, California.

Na, it's actually quite fine. The media is now stirring up the bogan's to hate people of Middle Eastern descent.
This ensues

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Numbatistan wrote:Favourite thing: Numbats

x3

Gotta love marsupials!
This ensues

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:51 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:You live in Queensland? Where exactly? And what's to hate about the Bruce Highway?

Toowoomba, but I have travelled on it, to me it wasn't exactly the best. people are always complaining about it (and dying on it.)

Oh. :blink: I would have thought that there were improvements to it. If the government cared enough to build a motorway all the way out to the Sunshine Coast and bypasses for Townsville, why not generally improve the highway's quality?
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Deltaz
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Deltaz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Deltaz wrote:Where did you hear that from? We don't treat them any differently where I live.

Don't worry, it actually kind of awkward to mention race over here. If someone even says; He's black, someone else will say, That's racist!
Me: A 14 year old, Catholic male Australian, a patriot but believes that there are few things that can be done to improve the country.
Benuty wrote:

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Kim Jong-Un is so fat, he's had his name legally changed to Kim Jong-Deux. 8)
Embassy Programme
Deltaz is a crazy place, self classified as a Greendalian Anarchy and the government actively supports hijinks and shenanigans among other things.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:51 pm

#InBrissy
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:My sister told me. It's an anecdote.

Na, it's actually quite fine. The media is now stirring up the bogan's to hate people of Middle Eastern descent.

Oh dear. Sounds like what happened here after 9/11...bloody fantastic Abbott (and Australian media).
How's he treating immigrants? Deporting them to Papua New Guinea or Indonesia for eternal internment?
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Deltaz
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Deltaz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Rifty wrote:#InBrissy

#Twmba4me
Benuty wrote:

Embassy Programme

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:54 pm

#gottalovebrisvegas!

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:Toowoomba, but I have travelled on it, to me it wasn't exactly the best. people are always complaining about it (and dying on it.)

Oh. :blink: I would have thought that there were improvements to it. If the government cared enough to build a motorway all the way out to the Sunshine Coast and bypasses for Townsville, why not generally improve the highway's quality?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 6853042212

They are talking about improving it, but I don't trust Newman.
This ensues

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:54 pm

I live in Sydney.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Deltaz
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Deltaz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:54 pm

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:Na, it's actually quite fine. The media is now stirring up the bogan's to hate people of Middle Eastern descent.

Oh dear. Sounds like what happened here after 9/11...bloody fantastic Abbott (and Australian media).
How's he treating immigrants? Deporting them to Papua New Guinea or Indonesia for eternal internment?

Nope it's worse than that, recently he signed a deal to take them to CAMBODIA! Also it's asylum seekers not just immigrants in general.
Last edited by Deltaz on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benuty wrote:

Embassy Programme

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Deltaz wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Oh dear. Sounds like what happened here after 9/11...bloody fantastic Abbott (and Australian media).

Nope it's worse than that, recently he signed a deal to take them to CAMBODIA!

Sarcasm? Cambodia's pretty far.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 pm

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:Na, it's actually quite fine. The media is now stirring up the bogan's to hate people of Middle Eastern descent.

Something like that, I thinks he's trying to send them to Myanmar now…
This ensues

Ebola in America
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ebola in America » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Numbatistan wrote:Favourite thing: Numbats

x3

Ebola can into Tony Abbott! Heck Ebola can into the whole Christian Democratic party too!

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Deltaz wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:My sister told me. It's an anecdote.

Don't worry, it actually kind of awkward to mention race over here. If someone even says; He's black, someone else will say, That's racist!

Well then...as long as I don't have to worry about crap there, I'm glad. But the race issue, if there is one, could be resolved in a less "awkward" fashion. Ah whatever. I'm happy to know that racism is somewhat down.

Brisbane, correct?
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Deltaz
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Deltaz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Deltaz wrote:Nope it's worse than that, recently he signed a deal to take them to CAMBODIA!

I'm afraid not.
Benuty wrote:

Embassy Programme

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Deltaz wrote:Nope it's worse than that, recently he signed a deal to take them to CAMBODIA!

Sadly no.
This ensues

Deltaz
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Deltaz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Geilinor wrote:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 04x0b.html
Benuty wrote:

Embassy Programme

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General