NATION

PASSWORD

Thou Shalt Not Retag: 10 Commandments of Detagging

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Thou Shalt Not Retag: 10 Commandments of Detagging

Postby Ynys Prydain » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:44 am

-erased-
Last edited by Ynys Prydain on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Cormac

Χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (Naught Without Labor)

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:23 pm

*sigh*

Renegade Islands Alliance (RIA Special Forces)
Contacts: Shizensky, Tangaroan Islands
Last edited by Shizensky on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Sorry, that wasn't on purpose. :P
Cormac

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:32 pm

I'm not sure if it's worth pointing out, but starting a Google search with "site:nationstates.net/region=" then the region's name will limit the search to just the region, but will include all of the different subdomains associated with it, such as conservative.nationstates.net and so on. We tend to get better results on some of the older detags that way.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Shizensky wrote:I'm not sure if it's worth pointing out, but starting a Google search with "site:nationstates.net/region=" then the region's name will limit the search to just the region, but will include all of the different subdomains associated with it, such as conservative.nationstates.net and so on. We tend to get better results on some of the older detags that way.

I actually wasn't even familiar with this. :P

I'll incorporate it, thanks!
Cormac

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:14 pm

What "defenders" are doing this?
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Not many "defenders", really. Those who have good intentions typically don't really know any better and lack the resources outlined in the OP to get it done. Doing the research after a good detag run can take quite a bit of time though, so it can be difficult to convince a lot of the new players to adhere to the process.

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:23 pm

North East Somerset wrote:What "defenders" are doing this?

There are several groups, but the one I've most recently noticed that prompted this post was The One Army. I really can't remember the others' names right now.
Cormac

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:25 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:

There are several groups, but the one I've most recently noticed that prompted this post was The One Army. I really can't remember the others' names right now.

Canton Empire did it a few times.
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Nice. Now I can point them towards something instead of wasting my breath.

I would like to request that The Eternal Knights be placed on this list. We intend to detag upon our opening within the next week. Unless you want solidly-Defender oriented organizations to only be featured. I won't be offended if you say no, but at least give us a chance, yes? Contacts are myself (Nephmir) and Unified Protectors.

Also, speaking as a neutral now, if it is alright I'd like to add a link to this in the reworking of the Defender tactics chapter to the guide coming up soon. I take it that'll be okay?
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Babiana
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Babiana » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:50 pm

snip
Last edited by Babiana on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Nephmir wrote:Nice. Now I can point them towards something instead of wasting my breath.

I would like to request that The Eternal Knights be placed on this list. We intend to detag upon our opening within the next week. Unless you want solidly-Defender oriented organizations to only be featured. I won't be offended if you say no, but at least give us a chance, yes? Contacts are myself (Nephmir) and Unified Protectors.

Also, speaking as a neutral now, if it is alright I'd like to add a link to this in the reworking of the Defender tactics chapter to the guide coming up soon. I take it that'll be okay?

Considering the last time you guys detagged you explicitly went against at least one of these commandments? I'd say no, you should not be included.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Sovreignry wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Nice. Now I can point them towards something instead of wasting my breath.

Considering the last time you guys detagged you explicitly went against at least one of these commandments? I'd say no, you should not be included.

In all fairness, I openly referred to these as retags, not detags, on multiple occasions.

However your opinion has been noted and I will take a very good look at it sometime in the near future... perhaps.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Sovreignry wrote:Considering the last time you guys detagged you explicitly went against at least one of these commandments? I'd say no, you should not be included.

Also, considering that TEK was one of the most inconsistent and inefficient groups of 2014, and that they may spend less than a week attempting to detag before deciding that raiding is more fun... ignoring the walking PR machine of denial that is Nephmir... I confidently say I agree with Sovreignry on this.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Fine, I guess it can wait about a month or two, it's not really that big of a deal. I'm almost sorry I asked. :roll:
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Ynys Prydain
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ynys Prydain » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Well, first, I control the OP -- not Sovreignry nor Syl. Let's get that straight. :P

Secondly, though, while I believe you when you say that you're going to get involved in detagging I'm going to wait to see it in practice a bit before adding TEK to the OP.

I should also note in regard to all regions in the OP that I'm including regions in the OP as a resource. If I find that regions aren't being helpful if asked or are trying to use this to insist people join their regions/orgs rather than just helping people who want to know how to do something, they'll be removed from the OP. That isn't directed at Nephmir but at everyone. This is a help guide, not a recruitment bonanza.
Cormac

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Ynys Prydain wrote:Well, first, I control the OP -- not Sovreignry nor Syl. Let's get that straight. :P

This is true. Ynys Prydain is definitely not Syl. I mean Cormac. I mean me. Me meaning Syl. Meaning me. I mean, what. :p

On a serious note, maybe this list will help detagging become a thing again. Nothing's better than lively competition.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Awesome stuff. I recall a few so-called "liberators" coming through a Warzone recently doing exactly this and tagging the region with an embassy, new WFE, and a flag. :palm:

Not that most defenders really care about us anyways. Carry on.

Melisandre of Rhllor
Civilian

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Melisandre of Rhllor » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Khronion wrote:Awesome stuff. I recall a few so-called "liberators" coming through a Warzone recently doing exactly this and tagging the region with an embassy, new WFE, and a flag. :palm:

I'm pretty sure these guidelines don't apply to Warzones. They're made to be invaded and that is their purpose in this game. Anyone who joins them knows this. Many Defenders who hit Warzones treat them about as well as Raiders treat founderless regions, myself included :P

edit: Tim-Opolis from one of my numerous Game of Thrones themed switchers
Last edited by Melisandre of Rhllor on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Oh no, I'm aware. But if someone comes in, tags the region, then claims to have liberated it from taggers... Well then.

We're actually pretty chill if armies come in and tag, because they're pretty upfront about what they're doing. It's all part of the Warzone life, getting to fraternize with people who coup your nation...
Last edited by Khronion on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Why have I never thought of posting this before? I've sent countless telegrams over the past year containing most if not all of this information and never once thought about putting it all down in one place.

@syl, detagging provides no competitiveness. TBR tags during major, defenders detag during minor and then TBR tags the same region the following major update. Its purely an activity program for r/d'ers and nothing else.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:26 pm

DWAsnia wrote:
Ynys Prydain wrote:There are several groups, but the one I've most recently noticed that prompted this post was The One Army. I really can't remember the others' names right now.

Canton Empire did it a few times.

Khronion wrote:Awesome stuff. I recall a few so-called "liberators" coming through a Warzone recently doing exactly this and tagging the region with an embassy, new WFE, and a flag. :palm:

Not that most defenders really care about us anyways. Carry on.

Fame is a fickle friend. I guess
Ynys Prydain wrote:

The iron front.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Speak of the devil.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Khronion wrote:Speak of the devil.

And he shall search his username to see posts he's mentioned in, and appear. ;)
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Khronion wrote:Speak of the devil.

And he shall search his username to see posts he's mentioned in, and appear. ;)

Yeahhhhh no.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay