NATION

PASSWORD

The Anime RP (OOC/Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Anime RP (OOC/Dead)

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:09 pm

TABLE OF CONTENTS
IC:
IC

OOC:
Backstory and other in-universe information
Game Mechanics: The Laws of Physics and Anime Attributes
Rules
App form
List of accepted characters
Nyan nyan

Co-OPs: Temp & Rup

Welcome to Jikken-shi, the cutting edge in modern cities! There are many amenities available to residents, and affordable housing is widely available! Everyone here is equal and happy, so you have nothing to worry about! Please enjoy all of our interesting locales, and if you are attending our state-of-the-art school, make sure to hand in your homework on time!

Jikken-shi is a massive walled city in an undisclosed location in Japan, population unknown. It is inhabited by locals (most of whom are either normal people or scientists), students (many of whom are Japanese, many more of whom are foreign; and a large portion of whom possess above-average intelligence), and a group of mysterious individuals who rarely interact with others. The city is divided into 4 districts: the Residential District in the west, the Shopping/Entertainment District in the south, the Industrial District in the east, and the Shadow District in the north. In the centre is Jikken Academy, a massive school that also happens to be the seat of government.

Residential District
The Residential District is comprised mostly of apartment buildings, but some locals own houses closer to the edge of town. There really isn't much to say about this district.

Shopping/Entertainment District
The Shopping and Entertainment District has hundreds -- if not thousands -- of shops, bars, restaurants, nightclubs, and the like. Literally anything that can be bought can be found here. The drug trade, despite strict laws and attentive law enforcement, has a sizable presence here.

Industrial District
The Industrial District is made up of skyscrapers (which tend to be closer to the school and are where the scientists work) and factories (which tend to be further away from the school). No one's quite sure what goes on in the factories -- they certainly don't produce anything that's made at normal factories -- but they provide a lot of jobs, so no one really complains.

Shadow District
Few have ventured into the Shadow District, and even fewer know what goes on there. Those mysterious individuals I mentioned earlier? They live here. It is contrary to the rest of the city: while most government funding goes to scientific and technological pursuits, this district seems... magical. But that's preposterous. Right? Right?
The Shadow District is blocked off from the rest of the city by an impenetrable wall of trees; the only ways in or out are the torii located at fairly regular intervals.

Jikken Academy
Jikken Academy is a massive complex, its students numbering in the hundreds of thousands and its teachers in the low thousands. Not that the teachers care much whether or not you show up to class. Hell, they probably don't even notice. Additionally, no one's quite sure who the headmaster is.
There are 20 floors in all.
The top 10 floors are dedicated to the government's use, and all governmental offices are located there. The top floor is only accessible with a certain key, and is where the totally democratically elected leader of the city (and possibly of the school as well) works and lives. No one knows their name.

In practice, very little of this RP will take place at the Academy, so while you can apply as a student, you can also apply as another type of person with no negative consequences. In fact, if you do apply as a student, expect to miss a lot of school. Of course, if the vast majority of characters do turn out to be students, then you can expect there to be more scenes there.
OK, so although I'm not going to tell you everything about the Shadow District, I will tell you this: the identities of those "mysterious people." Though most humans don't know it, they're supernatural beings that, whether by their own choice or not, live in Jikken-shi (that is, though the majority of supernatural beings live outside the city, those inside are referred to specifically as shadow people). Officially, all of them live in the Shadow District. In practice, however, there are many of them who live in the normal Residential District, and even some who attend the Academy. They include youkai of all kinds, as well as supernatural creatures from other mythologies and folklores. Aliens, psychic humans, onmyouji, and miko also fall under this category. There are also magical girls, but they are extremely powerful and quite rare, being able to release power comparable to a nuclear bomb without breaking a sweat.

And yes, you may play as a so-called "shadow person." In fact, I encourage it. However, there should also be some non-shadow people. If you have an idea for a specific species of shadow person, write an outline and TG it to me before making your app. Be aware that I have plans for angels, demons, shinigami, gods, and magical girls (and I would appreciate it if you would ask me before applying for any of those), but the rest you are free to develop.
As far as the general public knows, humanity's technology levels are maybe a few years ahead of what exists IRL. However, the reality is that there have been massive leaps in technology since the Industrial Revolution, some sparked by humans, some by shadow people. There are robots, many of them quite intelligent and possessing some degree of will, decades ahead of the rest of the robotics industry; there are mechs of all shapes and sizes; and countless other advances. Many of these have been developed in Jikken-shi, some of which are limited to their government's use. There is also some magitech, though it is quite rare.
Settaku (拙宅) is the apartment building in which all of the PCs live. It is owned, as all the residences in Jikken-shi are, by Mr. Pheles. It is only a few storeys tall, and the entire ground floor is devoted to the common room (which has a fireplace, several armchairs and couches, and a coffee table -- all quite old, I might add), the kitchen (which has considerable counter space and cupboards, but no microwave, with only an old gas-burning oven/stove, a fridge that doesn't always work, and a sink), the dining room (which has a Japanese-style low-to-the-floor table large enough to fit all the tenants and pillows to sit on), and the bathroom (which has a toilet, a bath/shower, and a sink). The upper floors are reserved for tenants, with each room being fairly spacious. Rent is ¥70,000 ($700) a month.

Mrs. Brownie, also known as Obaa-sama to the residents of the apartment building, is a recluse, and hates sunlight. She almost never talks to others (with few exceptions), only to herself, so when the tenants wish to ask her something they must write it down and give the paper to her, which she will return with the answer. She is regarded as the utmost authority by the tenants of the apartment building, and if anyone treats her badly their room is perpetually dirty (no matter how much they clean it) and their food tastes horrible (no matter who cooks it); however, if one treats her with respect, their room is perpetually clean and orderly (no matter what they do in it) and their food always tastes wonderful (no matter who cooks it). She spends most of her time in an armchair by the fireplace in the common area, and she’s usually either sleeping, drinking tea, or muttering to herself. Within the apartment building, she is practically omnipotent, and no one gets in or out without her knowledge and permission (that is to say, she can prevent people from entering or exiting).

Mao is a black cat that lives in the building. It's not altogether clear to whom he belongs, but he's tolerated by both Mrs. Brownie and most of the residents of the building.
Despite law enforcement's best efforts, the yakuza has a strong presence in Jikken-shi, especially in the Entertainment and Shadow Districts. They are headed by Ushitora Eishu, an oni and arguably one of the most powerful shadow people in Japan. They run a roaring drug trade, and own several brothels in the Entertainment District. Their influence in the Shadow District, further, is almost more than the influence of the actual government, as there are many more yakuza operatives active there than there are police officers. There are also rumours that they have successfully infiltrated the government, but no one knows whether or not this is true.

Game Mechanics:
This world is heavily influenced by anime, so there will of course be some random/impossible/bizarre things that go on without them being attributed ICly to any supernatural force; rather, for the characters, these things will seem completely normal (most of the time; you may or may not decide to lampshade some things, depending on how you want to RP your character). However, that's not to say that there will be free-for-all pandemonium; rather, it will be regulated more-or-less consistently.
I'm assuming that, since you're here, you've seen a fair bit of anime, so of course you know what I mean when I say anime physics. However, if you're not exactly sure, take a look at TV Tropes or here or here (though those last two are meant to be humorous). And watch some more anime. Really, it's not all that easy to explain in detail, so the best way to learn is to go online and find some free to watch anime.
We will be following a system of Anime Attributes, which will give your character certain abilities derived from anime physics. They will be divided into Advantages, Disadvantages, and Qualities, with Advantages being (usually) helpful, Disadvantages (usually) hindering, and Qualities being (usually) neutral in regards to whether or not they help you or doing a bit of both.
If you have any ideas for new Attributes, please state them in the OOC. Obviously I haven't seen every anime in existence (not even close, actually), and research can only give me so many ideas. If you give me enough ideas for Attributes and demonstrate that you're a good RPer, I may consider giving you co-OP status.
So, without further ado, here is the list of Attributes:

Advantages
There are no longer any restrictions on how often you can use Advantages, except for that you can't use them every post.
Made of Iron: You can sustain large amounts of injury (e.g. falling down the stairs, being hit on the head by an opening door, etc.) while only getting a few bruises which disappear by your next post.
Hammerspace: You can summon objects, no matter their size or quantity, from seemingly nowhere (or from the improbable location of your choice).
KO: You can knock another PC (with their player's permission given in the OOC or through TG) or NPC (with my permission) an improbable distance (across the room, a few blocks away, etc.). The victim recovers from the effects and reappears in the scene by their next post, unless they choose otherwise or I decide that they have ended up in a plot-relevant scene.
Skilled: Whether or not you've had any formal training, you are an expert in the area of your choice. As a result, you can complete any related skill effortlessly and at almost supernatural speeds, and you have encyclopedic knowledge on the subject.
Fast: You can run at almost supernatural speeds, creating a dust cloud in your wake.
Improbable Weapon User: You can use the object of your choice as a weapon. If you also have Hammerspace, you may take this weapon from there.
"...I'm Okay...": You could say that this is "Made of Iron" taken Up to Eleven, but that would be an oversimplification. Your body can undergo immense, inhuman damage, and you will be both alive and somehow able to speak. Not to be confused with inhuman durability. Example: Man falls off two-story building, breaking his back, neck, arms, legs, and teeth. When people rush over to see of he's okay, he just laughs it off, saying, "I'm Okay."
Genre Savvy: I'm sure you know what I mean, but here's a link.

Disadvantages
There are no longer any requirements for how often you have to use Disadvantages, except for that you have to use one within a few posts (before or after) of using an Advantage.
Clumsy: You're clumsy, plain and simple. You can decide what exactly that means: you may constantly drop things, fall over, trip on inconvenient banana peels, or anything else of your choice.
Shy: You are incurably shy. Whenever someone you are unfamiliar with speaks to you or you try to speak to a person you are unfamiliar with, you are either a) only able to speak in whispers; or b) turn to stone or otherwise are rendered unable to move or speak.
Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny! You are easily distracted to the point that it's difficult for you to focus on one thing for more than a few minutes. And the universe seems intent on distracting you.
Born Unlucky: You are so unlucky that it's almost as if you've been cursed. In fact, you very well might be. You can decide what this means most of the time, but be aware that I may throw things at you occasionally.
Accidental Innuendo: You continually say and do things which suggest things of a sexual nature without actually meaning to.
Arrogant: You are arrogant to such a point that reality cannot possibly match your high opinion of yourself. This gets you into trouble. Especially, for example, if you decide to take on a god just because you feel exceptionally good about yourself that day.
Stutter: You stutter a lot.
Wide-Eyed Idealist: You're way too much of an idealist for your own good. As a result, bad things may happen to you.
Extreme Doormat: You're humble, quiet, obedient, and stoic. But you have no drive, ambition, or even opinions.
Thickheaded: Exactly What It Says On The Tin.

Qualities
Qualities are always in play, but you do not have to specifically mention them each time you post.
Nekomimi: You have cat ears, and possibly a tail. You may also make cat sounds at the end of your sentences. This does not automatically make you a shadow person and does not inherently give you any supernatural powers.
Busty: Exactly What It Says On The Tin. You've seen enough anime to know what I'm talking about. (Female only, for obvious reasons.)
Dramatic Entrance: When you enter a scene, you are silhouetted by a blast of bright white light behind you that has no apparent source. It may or may not blind the other PCs and NPCs; that is ultimately up to the RPers that play them.
Glasses: You wear glasses. Whenever you push them up your nose (usually during a dramatic moment) they flash.
Ahoge: You have an ahoge.
Hair Antennae: You have hair antennae.
Expressive Hair: Your hair moves on its own. It may express your emotions, it may have a mind of its own, or something else.
Technicolor Hair: Your hair is an unusual (i.e. pink, blue, purple, green, etc.) colour.
Technicolor Eyes: Your eyes are an unusual (i.e. pink, red, purple, silver, etc.) colour.
Genki Girl: You have so much energy that it's exhausting to be around you. As a result, you are capable of moving and speaking faster than would normally be humanly possible (note: this does not apply to running). You may or may not actually be stupid. (Either gender, despite the name.)
Bishie Sparkle: When people look at you, sparkles (or flowers, or bubbles, or something else of your choice within reason) appear around you.
Otaku/Fangirl/Fanboy: You're completely obsessed with the thing of your choice.
Delinquent: You have a dark past that probably involves criminal activity.
Cloud Cuckoolander: You're batshit insane. 'Nuff said.
Split Personality: You have multiple personalities residing in one body. Hell, for all we know they may even be different people...Why Did It Have to Be Snakes? You are deathly afraid of X, which leaves you helpless with fear no matter how unlikely, improbable or ridiculous it is.
Woobie: So sad, yet absolutely adorable. Consciously or unconsciously, when you cry you are, if anything, more attractive-looking than you normally are, so that people will easily sympathize with you in your moment of emotional vulnerability.
Berserk Button:There's this one thing that makes you go ballistic, flying into a screaming, frothing, sometimes tearful Unstoppable Rage, from which everyone else will be lucky to escape with their life.
Perma Stubble: You constantly have stubble on your jaw. It doesn't grow, and it doesn't go away; it simply is.
Big Eater: Exactly What It Says On The Tin. You also don't get fat.

Rules:
  1. I am the OP, and my word is law. Unless, of course, you can provide a good and reasonable argument against my word.
    1. The word of any Co-OPs I may assign is also law, though less so than mine.
  2. Please write at least 5 lines per post unless you are engaged in dialogue with another character. I also expect everyone to use proper English spelling, grammar, and writing conventions.
  3. Follow the site's rules. That means PG-13 content and all the rest.
  4. No godmodding, metagaming, etc.
  5. Respect your fellow RPers.
  6. If you are leaving the RP, please notify me in the OOC or through TG.
  7. If you are inactive in both threads for an extended period of time without notifying me that you will be away, I may write your character out of the RP. If you do return at a later date, I may ask you to make a new character. The same applies if you break any of these rules (I will use a 3 strike system, and know that I will keep count), except you will not be admitted back into the RP.
  8. Yes, your character is allowed to do stupid shit. But if it gets too stupid, I may warn you and ask you to edit it out. If you refuse to do so, your character may die.
  9. Have fun!

Character App:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Picture [preferably in anime style] or good description.)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b] (optional)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (optional)
[b]Strengths/Abilities:[/b] (These do not include magical powers. These include skills and the like. You may have up to 4.)
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (These must be real weaknesses, and I will decide what that means on a case-by-case basis. You must have at least 2.)
[b]Powers:[/b] (Only if you're a shadow person; normal humans do not possess supernatural powers. Preferably no more than 4.)
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Additional Information:[/b]

[u][b]Anime Attributes:[/b][/u] (optional, but you should use them anyway)
[b]Qualities:[/b] (You may have as many Qualities as you'd like.)
[b]Advantages:[/b] (If you are a normal person, you may have one free Advantage; every other Advantage must be "paid for" by also adding a Disadvantage. If you are a shadow person, each Advantage must be paid for by having an accompanying Disadvantage.)
[b]Disadvantages:[/b] (You may also have as many Disadvantages as you'd like, with or without and accompanying Advantage.)

[b]Theme Song:[/b] (Link to a song on YouTube or some other site; optional)
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (A link to an RP post of yours or a couple of paragraphs demonstrating your writing.)

Please, PLEASE remove the parentheses and everything in them when making your app.
You can have as many characters as you think you can manage, but preferably no more than three or four.

So as you can see, there's something here for everyone with a love and passion for anime. I expect lots of quirky characters. If you have any questions about the universe, please don't hesitate to ask.
Also, I ask that control of all NPCs mentioned above (yes, even Mao) lie solely with me, because they're all plot-relevant in some way.
And yes, I do have an overarching plot in mind, but it is ultimately character-driven, and there will be plenty of room for plenty of subplots throughout. I guess you could think of it as half slice-of-life/lighthearted, and half plot-driven/serious.

Accepted Characters
Last edited by Nature-Spirits on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 42 times in total.

Penguinia-Tempor
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinia-Tempor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Wow. I likes anime. Tag!
P2TM RPer and Proud!

Atlannia wrote:Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.

Trisian
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trisian » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:42 pm

*claps* This RP is amazing and it should get an award, aka a tag.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:30 pm

You need me Nat.

NEED ME!!!
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Mai App!

Postby TriStates » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:39 pm

While I work on the main event, heres a few additions to the attributes for your yay or nay:

Curb-Stomp Fighter:In your area of combat, your battles tend to be extremely one-sided; where you just absolutely trash the oppositon with little-to-no effort.

Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?:Your character reveals that they are deathly afraid of X, which leaves you helpless with fear no matter how unlikely, improbable or ridiculous it is.

Cry Cute: So sad, and yet absolutely adorable. Concious or unconciously, the crying person will be, if anything, more attractive-looking than they normally are, so that people will easily sympathize with them in their moment of emotional vulnerability. For the most part, results in the Woobificationof those present.

Berserk Button You happen to mention in passing what you think is a fairly innocuous observation, question, spoken statment or action instantly makes you go ballistic, flying into a screaming, frothing, sometimes tearful Unstoppable Rage, from which everyone else will be lucky to escape with their life.

Determinator: Tact is not in your vocabulary. They do not Know When to Fold 'Em, and it's a waste of time to tell them the odds. No one can reason with them. They'll do whatever they have to without question. No price is too great to pay for success, up to and including their own life. Do not expect them to realize they might be better off letting it go, even if they can barely stand.

Perma Stubble: Now, how to get street cred as a Bad Ass Mofo? Cause big explosions? Shoot with Guns Akimbo? Nah, just stop shaving!

It Amused Me: You don't need a motivation or justification for doing anything beyond the amusement of the act itself. As a result you almost inevitably do things that are dickish, maybe even cruel, but generally not outright evil. This same character will lead a person into a trap, fight them to the death... and then stop on the brink of killing them to laugh and say "Are you all right?" Why? Because it was fun. They'd do just about anything for a lark, really.

Casual Danger Dialog: You hardly ever seem to take danger seriously. You make a sarcastic comment about the danger, crack a joke to get people's attention. (e.g. someone hanging from a cliff says "Hey guys? Over here!") Argue or speak casually while said danger is going on, usually about something tangential. Bonus points if the argument briefly stops for one of the heroes to shout "look out!" and then resumes shortly afterward. Points also awarded if a character in danger suddenly focuses on a complete non-sequitur to the action ("Your hair looks fantastic!").

Name: Kirigaya "Kirioto" Katsumoto
Species:Cursed Human
Appearance:

Description:
Height: 186 cm (6'1")
Weight: 81 kg (180 lbs)
Eye Color: Bright Green
Hair Color: Golden-Blond
Body Type: Athletic and slender, yet well-muscled

Personality:

When first meeting Kirioto has a polite, reserved manner. He is naturally quiet and soft-spoken, not one for small talk, gossip or idle speculation. Patient and unassuming, he has a long fuse for frustration and is slow to anger, though when it does eventually go off, its unhealthy to be the focus of his rage. This is contrasted by a nonchalant additude, bordering on the apathetic, and appears to take little interest in anything instead preferring to observe things as they unfold, though he is extraordinarily talented in numerous areas. A mixture of glass-half full optimism and glass-half empty realism, he prescribes the necessary additude according to what the current situation dictates.

Furthermore, Kirioto has a relatively cold outlook on life; his main goal is for those who have betrayed the Katsumoto family to experience the same level of pain and suffering he did. He often compares predicaments to games, such as chess, willing to gamble everything he is to win them.

As the de facto executive chairman of Katsumoto Heavy Industries, Kirioto exhibits business acumen and impressive keenness in management affairs, though he usually leaves the daily affairs to the Board of Directors. So long as the company profits and he recieves his CEO paycheck, he doesn't concern himself with the business.

He is a very cheerful person at heart, and seems entirely different when alone or among people he is close too. Privately he can be very amusing, charming even. The teasing and sharp wit that he uses in public becomes one filled with warmth and good natured humor.

Likes: All-Things-Technological, Music, The Finer Things In Life, Women, Interesting Conversation

Dislikes: Boredem, the Mundane, Liars, Figures of Authority, Disobideance, Betrayle

Strengths/Abilities:

Hacktivist - If not for his other interests and motiviation for vengance, Kirioto would be borderline Otaku. From illegal downloads to NSA-level hacking, he is very technology savvy.

Bon Appetite! - A Japanese Julia Childs with a hint of Gordon Ramsey. Thanks to uptown background benifits of money and free time, he is a skilled cook who is proficient in most aspects of food preparation. So prepare yourself! Be it grilled cheese or Haute cuisine, when this junior kitchen chef is concerned, there shall be smorgasbord.

The Soloist - A tutor-taught muscian, he has a passion for classical instruments and electric music.

Miyagi the Younger - Feverent Martial Artist and hand to hand weapon he is a practitioner of Bushido philosophy. A Katsumoto familial tradition that dates back to the 14th Century.

Weaknesses:

Mysterious Stranger - His standoff-ish additude towards other people makes him hard to read and understand. While not necessarly hostile, this still creates a wide gulf between Masato and people who would otherwise be friends and allies.

Personality Crises -A 21st century Japanese teenager meets a 14th Century Samurai, an 18th Century Soldier, and a 20th Century IJN Fighter Pilot. A conciousness can only hold so much crazy.

Chivalrous Pervert - Every group has that One Guy. Kirioto, is That Guy.

Drunken Jekyll and Hyde - Alcohol does not agree with Kirioto. It will tend to flip his personality and his mood, accenting it to the extreme.

Powers:
Assuming Control - Swaps Kirioto's conciousness with one of the other personalities. For the duration of that time, the swapee is the dominant personality within Kirioto's body, augmenting their own strengths, weaknesses, and attributes to Kiriotos.

Unleash Familiar - Summons one or all of his personalities as physical projections working independent of Kiriotos own body.

Bio:
In the small village town of Koide, Kirigaya Katsumoto was the only child to be born to Ujio Katsumoto, a gentleman from a reputable and estate-holding family in Japan, and Ashley Walker, a American scientist with a Doctorate in Aeronautics and Astronautics. Together they began and expanded the Katsumoto family business, a Heavy Industry-oriented powerhouse. Through the years, Katsumoto Heavy Industry Incorporated has developed, supplied, and produced countless breakthroughs from chemical and energy research to aerospace and defense armaments. Continued success with Katsumoto Inc. made the family increasingly weathly and well-known, making Katsumoto a household name in the Home Islands, and a well known entity among the business community internationally.

Kirigaya's childhood was dominated by a combination of city and country life. With both his parents representing both Old and New Money, he was spared no expense when it came to his meals, education, hobbies or style of dress. Chief among the hobbies were fencing, martial arts, music and cooking. And then, the gravy train came to a halt. A few months after his 16 birthday, Kirigaya and a few friends went out for a ride around the town, putting his parents gift of a new motorcycle through its paces. Returning to his home later that evening, he arrived to find the Katsumoto manor house engulfed in flames. Rushing in among the flames, he tried desperatly to find and save his parents,but to no avail.

During his recovery from wounds sustained because of the failed rescue effort, police reports and later inquires by investiagtion boards ruled the entire event an unfortunate accident. However, Kirigaya is convinced that there was foul play involved, revolving around certain purchases and developments within Katsumoto Inc at the time, and has resolved to find the people responsible. With his family dead, the authorities unhelpful, and his current condition, he had only one option. He made contact with a high level Shadow Person, and a bargain was struck. He would be granted the powers neccesary to assist him in achieving vengance, in return for his soul.

Additional Information:
*Although he usually presents a solemn and stoic demeanor, Kirioto can be rather childish at times.
*He is exceedingly competitive, which he acknowledges himself. He is unsatisfied with draws, in anything, and will refuse to quit until a victor is declared.
*Kirioto is very fond of sweets, and food in general.
*He is mildly allergic to cats.

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: Ahoge, Bishie Sparkle, Glasses
Advantages: "...I'm Okay...", Skilled, Genre Savvy
Disadvantages: Accidental Innuendo, Wide-Eyed Idealist, Clumsy, Arrogant

Theme Song: Barely Alive
RP Sample: In Sig

Name: Captain Saito Hasegawa
Species: Shadow Person (Entrapped Spirit)
Appearance: Image
Personality: WIP
Likes: Sake, Alcohol in General, Chaos, Women, Weapons, Conflict
Dislikes: Americans, Pastries, the 21st Century

Strengths/Abilities:
Ruling Caeser - Can be an inspirational figure and leader when he chooses to act as such.

Military Cadre - Has military training & over a decade of frontline battlefield experiance during the Second World War. Military heritage has been in family since antiquity.

Ace of the East - Is a very experianced IJN Airforce pilot and a brilliant mechanic.

Weaknesses:
Way of the Drunken Stumble - His intoxication is a problem for himself, and everyone else around him.

Totalitarian - Its his way, period. No discussion, no disagreement, and no highway option.

Sneering Imperialist - At times, he can be overburdensome in his own intellectual way. He lacks tact and versatility when criticising and commenting, making him come off as callous and blue-blooded

Powers:
Nagasaki's Revenge - Allows Saito to focus one attack that delivers the equivilant of 21 kilitons of explosive energy at a target.

Saké Control - He can manipulate alcohol that is around him while it is in liquid form.

Necrokinesis - User can create, shape and manipulate the essence of Death. Causes things to wither, rot, weaken, and eventually die. They can sense and manipulate the essence that allows Death, Destruction, Decay, and Corruption to exist throughout the universe, allowing them to control decayed matter or to request assistance from the dead.

Bio: WIP
Additional Information: WIP

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: Dramatic Entrance, Technicolor Eyes (Neon Red)
Advantages: Hammerspace, Improbable Weapon User, Made of Iron
Disadvantages: Arrogant, Accidental Innuendo, Born Unlucky

Theme Song: Mad World

Name: Misaki Fukutsu
Species: Shadow Person (Entrapped Spirit)
Appearance:

Personality: WIP

Likes: Peace and Quiet, Law & Order, Poetry, Martial Combat, Cats, Traditional Japanese Music, Herbal Tea

Dislikes: Noisey and Loud, Deception, Rudeness, Firearms

Strengths/Abilities:
Diplomatist - Acts as a mediator toward groups of people, and keeper of the peace when an argument arises.

Kenjutsu Old School - Is a expert with a sword, and bladed weapons in general.

Sengoku Jidai - Is a veteran of many battles, having seen combat at its best and worst in Fuedal Japan

Taijutsu Master- She doesn't need a weapon to trash you. Knows Jujutsu (focusing on grappling and striking), Judo (focusing on throwing and grappling), Aikido (focusing on throwing and joint locks) as well as Karate and Kenpo (focusing on striking)

Weaknesses:

Abalaster Knight - Cannot help but be chivalrous and is honorbound to a fault.

Culture Shock - If you got pushed 7 centuries into the future, you'd be a little out of touch too.

Powers:
Flaming Kyūjutsu - Dozens of searing hot arrows of various sizes rain down from the skies upon targets.

Heaven and Earth - Can focus her spiritual Ki energy in resurrecting a person near death back to the apex of health and vitality.

Necrokinesis - User can create, shape and manipulate the essence of Death. Causes things to wither, rot, weaken, and eventually die. They can sense and manipulate the essence that allows Death, Destruction, Decay, and Corruption to exist throughout the universe, allowing them to control decayed matter or to request assistance from the dead.

Bio: WIP
Additional Information: WIP

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: Dramatic Entrance, Technicolor Eyes (Neon Red), Hair Antennae
Advantages: Hammerspace, Improbable Weapon User, Made of Iron
Disadvantages: Clumsy, Born Unlucky, Wide-Eyed Idealist

Theme Song: L.o.I.J OST- Main Title
Last edited by TriStates on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:42 am, edited 23 times in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Penguinia-Tempor
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinia-Tempor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:54 pm

Name:Kipling Smith
Species:Human
Appearance:Image
Personality: Kipling is very temperamental about every thing he does. Especially his baking. If somebody thinks that it's not very good, than that person is likely to be in a great deal of pain. Other than that, he is a very trustworthy person who enjoys helping other people out.
Dislikes: cupcakes
Strengths/Abilities:
Pastry Chef:Kipling is a very good pastry chef. His muffins always seem to come out perfectly.
Cool Headed:Stays calm under pressure, especially when baking.
Weaknesses:
Insane Muffin Love/Cupcake Hate:If anybody doesn't like his muffins or simply says the word 'cupcake', Kipling will fly into a rage and lash out at just about everything within a 5 foot radius, whether or not it's the person who did the crime or some random passerby.
OCD Madness:Everything must be the way it is for Kipling. If one thing is out of place, it must be made normal by any means necessary. Even if that means dusting every possible thing where dust may lurk.
Powers:N/A
Bio:Kipling was an average student. He got good grades, he was a terrible athlete, and he wore glasses. But there was one thing that made him really stand out: a creepy obsession with muffins. It all started in a Home Ec class. Everybody else was bored, but Kipling was paying very close attention as the teacher slowly walked the class through the steps of making a chocolate chip muffin. When Kipling got home, he tried the recipe, and although he butchered the amounts of flour and sugar for the recipe, the muffins came out perfectly. After that experiment came many more, with muffins of all flavors. All turned out perfect.

But of course, his hatred of cupcakes also developed around this time. One day, as he was walking home from school, a guy dressed up as a cupcake tried to assault Kipling, presumably for cash and the expensive phone he had. Somehow, Kipling found enough strength to throw the cupcake guy face first into a wall and escape. That one memory was burnt into Kipling's mind for the rest of his life, prompting a deep hatred of cupcakes.

The rest of his life was rather average. After he graduated, he went to cooking school, became a pastry chef, and got a job at a prestigious restaurant making deserts. His co-workers have since learned about Kipling's hatred of cupcakes, and now the restaurant no longer serves it's famous Blue Ribbon Cupcakes anymore. Nobody knows why. He also adopted a cat he named Muffin 3 years ago.
Additional Information: Has an usually smart cat named Muffin, who happens to secretly be a shapeshifting nekomimi.
Anime Attributes:
Qualities:Dramatic Entrance, Glasses, and Bishie Sparkle(chocolate chip muffins).
Advantages: Hammerspace and Improbable Weapon User.
Disadvantages: Clumsy and Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!.
Theme Song:N/A, might add one later
RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=307145&p=21406698#p21406698
Last edited by Penguinia-Tempor on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
P2TM RPer and Proud!

Atlannia wrote:Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Without me, you'd be lost.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Penguinia-Tempor wrote:-snip-

Love it. Accepted.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by Nuridia on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:38 pm

Last edited by The Templar High Council on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Tag
I cannot watch youtube, so please stop giving me links there.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Tag

Because wolfgirl?

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:47 pm

Couldn't have typed it better myself.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Tag...
I'll try to no make DBZ ripoffs this time...
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Nuridia wrote:-snip-

I see a number of problems with your app.
Firstly, you forgot to remove all the parentheses. I don't want to come off as overly OCD, but I did specifically ask that everyone remove the parentheses from their apps.
Secondly, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "master tactician", under Strengths. My first thought is that it has to do with the military, but that makes no sense. What exactly do you mean by this, and where did she get such expertise?
Thirdly, I'm extremely reluctant to allow you mind-control, even with the weaknesses you've applied to it. If I knew and trusted you well I might allow you to have it, but the fact is that I don't. Additionally, I simply can't allow precognition. Not only is it practically impossible to use in an RP setting where you (the player) have no way of knowing what will happen in the future, it's kind of OP.
Fourthly, in your bio you state that they don't want to "go live in the shadow human city". This is meaningless, because there is no such place. Even Jikken-shi is not considered anything of the sort.
Fifthly, your Advantages and Disadvantages are not, well, actual Advantages and Disadvantages. Everything you listed would go under Strengths and Weaknesses respectively. Additionally, "fabulosity" is meaningless in this context.
And to top it off, your RP sample is, quite frankly, subpar. Yes, I know I sound demanding, but at points it didn't make complete sense, and it's standard start a new line when there's a new speaker.
All this makes me quite reluctant to even consider your app. Yes, I know that some of the issues are quite minor, but others are somewhat major.

However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. If you fix all of the problems I've pointed out above, I will reconsider. But I will also ask you to write a new RP sample. The scenario: Kiki is eating alone in a restaurant (you choose what kind of food; it's not particularly important), when a man she doesn't know sits across the table from her and begins staring at her. She soon notices that no one else in the restaurant is moving, and she has a sense of dread. Set up the scene and explain her reaction.

@Temp: Your app looks good so far.

Also, I've realised that I probably should have reserved a couple of posts. Oh, well.

On an unrelated note, I'm considering making this our theme song. Thoughts?

Ptolemais
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ptolemais » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:04 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:

Macross Frontier... Good times.

Hm, I don't do a ton of character RP's, but i'll give this a read tomorrow and see if it's something i'd be interested in :)
CURRENT:
N/A

FORMER:
Scandinavian Union in 1992 Modern Scenario (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295466) [Co-OP]
Japan in 2016 Modern World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184) [Co-OP]
Canada in 2014 Real World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272910)
Great Shogunate of Japan in 1914 AH RP - The Great War (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=287302)
Orb Union in Pandyssia, Blood and Iron (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289399)
LIKES: Secularism, Meritocracy, Technocracy, Aristocracy, Constitutional Monarchy
DISLIKES: Militant Atheism, Fundamentalism, Radical Feminism, Plutocracy, Communism

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:33 am

Tag.

And if I may suggest a few additional attributes off the top of my keyboard head, could this do the trick?
Advantages: Combat Clairvoyance, Supernatural Martial Arts, Improbable Aiming/Fencing Skills.
Disadvantages: Wide-Eyed Idealist, My Greatest Failure (or, well, generic PTSD/psychological trauma stuff, you know the drill), Hair-Trigger Temper, Extreme Doormat.
Last edited by Mnar Secundus on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!

RPGers
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RPGers » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:53 am

Tag

If my character had weak telepathy powers, would he still be human?
Last edited by RPGers on Tue Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2,000 times in total.
DEFCON: 5
I pretend to know everything when I know nearly nothing.
My biggest secret is... ERROR, ERROR: Technical difficulties, sorry for the inconvenience
Despite popular belief, I am actually against gambling
My nation exists in every tech, if needed I will specify which I am currently role playing as.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ stars to the person reading this
Oh yeah, I also have a small obsession with political parties, nothing to worry about
proved by the fact I made this

Want to ask me questions anonymously? Go to this website: http://ask.fm/Games_of_Jay

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:21 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Nuridia wrote:-snip-

I see a number of problems with your app.
Firstly, you forgot to remove all the parentheses. I don't want to come off as overly OCD, but I did specifically ask that everyone remove the parentheses from their apps.
Secondly, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "master tactician", under Strengths. My first thought is that it has to do with the military, but that makes no sense. What exactly do you mean by this, and where did she get such expertise?
Thirdly, I'm extremely reluctant to allow you mind-control, even with the weaknesses you've applied to it. If I knew and trusted you well I might allow you to have it, but the fact is that I don't. Additionally, I simply can't allow precognition. Not only is it practically impossible to use in an RP setting where you (the player) have no way of knowing what will happen in the future, it's kind of OP.
Fourthly, in your bio you state that they don't want to "go live in the shadow human city". This is meaningless, because there is no such place. Even Jikken-shi is not considered anything of the sort.
Fifthly, your Advantages and Disadvantages are not, well, actual Advantages and Disadvantages. Everything you listed would go under Strengths and Weaknesses respectively. Additionally, "fabulosity" is meaningless in this context.
And to top it off, your RP sample is, quite frankly, subpar. Yes, I know I sound demanding, but at points it didn't make complete sense, and it's standard start a new line when there's a new speaker.
All this makes me quite reluctant to even consider your app. Yes, I know that some of the issues are quite minor, but others are somewhat major.

However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. If you fix all of the problems I've pointed out above, I will reconsider. But I will also ask you to write a new RP sample. The scenario: Kiki is eating alone in a restaurant (you choose what kind of food; it's not particularly important), when a man she doesn't know sits across the table from her and begins staring at her. She soon notices that no one else in the restaurant is moving, and she has a sense of dread. Set up the scene and explain her reaction.

Also, I've realised that I probably should have reserved a couple of posts. Oh, well.

I can vouch for Nuridia. Not going to say he's the greatest guy I've RPd with, but he could be leagues worse. I do agree with the points though.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:28 am

I will tag this, and there is nothing you can say or do to stop me.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:29 am

Rupudska wrote:I will tag this, and there is nothing you can say or do to stop me.

It's because we belong.

Hmm. Perhaps a second character to represent my status as "Anime God." Really wish I could find that post again...

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:20 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Rupudska wrote:I will tag this, and there is nothing you can say or do to stop me.

It's because we belong.

Hmm. Perhaps a second character to represent my status as "Anime God." Really wish I could find that post again...

Pff. Your crown will crash and burn.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:46 am

Mnar Secundus wrote:Tag.

And if I may suggest a few additional attributes off the top of my keyboard head, could this do the trick?
Advantages: Combat Clairvoyance, Supernatural Martial Arts, Improbable Aiming/Fencing Skills.
Disadvantages: Wide-Eyed Idealist, My Greatest Failure (or, well, generic PTSD/psychological trauma stuff, you know the drill), Hair-Trigger Temper, Extreme Doormat.

Awesome. Thanks so much.
RPGers wrote:Tag

If my character had weak telepathy powers, would he still be human?

Yes, but for our purposes he would still be classified as a shadow person.

Yaaaay! :lol:

It's because we belong.

What, those posts where that guy kept bowing to you? Pretty sure that was in GRA. Somewhere on the last few pages.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:03 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:I see a number of problems with your app.

I can vouch for Nuridia. Not going to say he's the greatest guy I've RPd with, but he could be leagues worse. I do agree with the points though.

Thanks Templar, I don't think the OP was being unreasonable with his points though, It's just the part when they said that they were reluctant to even consider my app like it was too horrible. However, I understand them telling me what they didn't like about my app because it's their RP and constructive criticism's part of that but it would've been better if I was just simply told what was wrong and how to fix it.

PS: @Templar, I'm a girl, lol.
Last edited by Nuridia on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:23 am

Ulvenes wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:It's because we belong.

Pff. Your crown will crash and burn.

Gods don't have crowns. Those are for corporeal bastards. I have powers beyond comprehension, like teleportation, flying, and the ability to open any pickle jar.
Nuridia wrote:PS: @Templar, I'm a girl, lol.

Interesting. Have proof? ;)
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse