NATION

PASSWORD

Sword of Corruption: The Return [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:27 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Inubashiri slowly awoke to the sound of what sounded like a muted shout. She sighed softly at the occurrence, sometimes having enhanced hearing, sight, and smell was quite a disadvantage and quite a nuisance. However she would rather have it than not. She sat up and rubbed her eyes before climbing out of bed and taking a small bit of water she carried with her and soaking her hands before wiping herself down. It wasn't a bath, but it would serve until she found a bath house or a hot spring.

She grabbed her clothes and her armor and got properly dressed, tying her quiver to her back then slinging her sword under and the shield over the quiver while her bow was held on it with the string and the bow on each side of said quiver. She grabbed her pouches and other equipment and tied them to her belt or slung them over her shoulders before walking out and seeing that Athos was preparing his wagon. "Hey, was that you that was making that racket earlier?" She asked curiously with her ears standing straight and true.

"Stubbed my toe aganist the bed leg. Should have watched my step. My apologies if I woke you," mumbled Athos, the pensive look on his face as he continues to gaze off in the twlight of early morning. The results of the night were still clear in his mind. Unlike bad dreams, bad memories stay with you. Their more tenacious. Far more frightining.

Turning his head toward the woman, he tried for a smile and managed.

"So will my Ladyship be riding coach?" he indicated with a jab toward the back of the wooden wagon, filled with a few boxed crates, assorted linens, and other basic wears. A median amount of trade items. Nothing fancy, but still profitable.

"Or passenger?" he said with a head nod towards the open shotgun seat of the jockey box at the front of the wagon.

"I'm having a party back here Wolfy," came a muffled hollar from beneath a pile of blankets and furs. A womans voice, and by the slurring sounded of it, having already climed into a bottle. A black gloved hand penetrated underneath the mound of trading supplies, waving a uncapped wine skin. "So if you can't stand the heat, I'd highly suggest you stay up front with White Knight."

"I believe you recall Petraeia..." finished Athos with a inward sigh.
Last edited by TriStates on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:19 pm

"Guess that means the.. Shot.. Gun.. Seat is mine." Inubashiri said disdainfully. She didn't mind it, honestly she'd rather sit up with someone than continue to be an isolationist. "It's probably what Ulrica would want.." She muttered to herself, standing there briefly before walking over and climbing up the cart then sitting on the bench next to Athos. In order to sit, she had to take off most of her weapons and store them beneath their feet but she kept her sword and buckler. Inubashiri slouched forward, showing that she wasn't from a noble-breed but, out in the forest, there weren't many nobles.
I cannot watch youtube, so please stop giving me links there.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:06 am

"But, we shall see, my dear Lupa. We shall-" she had started to finish, only to be distracted by the oddest of things. A straw, being no other word for it, had seemingly pierced the floor and invaded within her coat, finding rest in one of her three wine sacks.

Of all the incorrigible... she thought with a look of disbelief, that quickly turned into a geniune grin. Turning her head, body remaining in place, she put a finger to her lips to signal the other woman to remain silent. Deftly putting her hands inside her coat, she quickly exchanged the position of her piecred wine sack, with a similar looking, but surely different tasting one.

As the sack swap went about, Petraeia could help but continue smiling.

Lets see how this brave interloper enjoys a nice swig of cod oil!

Suddenly, a man with a blackened face came out from below the wagon, holding in his hand an hammer and in his other a sack with various instruments that would seems good to repair a wagon for a long travel. Daniel took a white rag from it, cleaned his face , and looked at Athos with a smile " Well, I checked everything, even the oil levels, and your ride seems fine. " He said, looking at were Petraeia was resting with his rag. " We can now go, my friend, anywhere you desire! " He said, and jumped on the side of the wagon without any possible permission or anything, putting his sack into his backpack before starting to hum a tone, waiting for the carriage to move
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:23 am

Firstaria wrote:Suddenly, a man with a blackened face came out from below the wagon, holding in his hand an hammer and in his other a sack with various instruments that would seems good to repair a wagon for a long travel. Daniel took a white rag from it, cleaned his face , and looked at Athos with a smile " Well, I checked everything, even the oil levels, and your ride seems fine. " He said, looking at were Petraeia was resting with his rag. " We can now go, my friend, anywhere you desire! " He said, and jumped on the side of the wagon without any possible permission or anything, putting his sack into his backpack before starting to hum a tone, waiting for the carriage to move

"Punctual, as always, liquor pilfferer," chimmed in Petraeia with a smirking grin.

"How am I not surprised you are aquanited with this individual?" muttered Athos in exasperation.

"Because I am a woman of the people, unlike your high-handed self. Now, shut up and drive onward, you poor excuse for a wagonneer. At least now we have interesting company aboard," she finsihed with a acknowleding nod towards the newest addition to the traveling band.

"Why don't you grace us with silence, and climb back into that bottle of yours?," Athos returned.

"Indeed I shall! But only because you asked little brother," replied Petraeia with a swig from her second skin.

Clicking the reins with a snap, getting the two horses attention, the wagon started off with a lurch and steady gait as this unlikely group of compatriots made their way down Arcia's mainstreet. Reaching the towns opposite gate, they were let through without a problem, the first rays of the morning sun peaking their way over the horizen as a new day finally dawned.
Last edited by TriStates on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Inubashiri jumped at the crack of the reins as she wasn't familiar with the sound and it took ever part of her being not to say, "That must hurt the poor horses..". She closed her eyes and sat there peacefully enjoying the sounds of the birds chirping and the wind blowing, rustling the leaves of the nearby trees. The immense tranquility and peace of mind caused Inubashiri to slowly and accidentally drift in to a light sleep, also causing her to slowly lean over and rest her head on Athos' shoulder.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:56 am

The Imperial Year 4292, Present
Marius Wolff

"The Grand Master did put me in charge, I recall." Marius smiled. "And I also recall I never challenged you, Elvedui. I merely said I'd blow out your brains if you were to continue arguing or if you were to flee. Unless you're planning to do either of those two things, I don't think there's a reason to feel like I challenged you now, is there?"

As the group came closer, they could make out a band of misformed creatures, dancing around a monolith writhed in green lightning, singing unholy chants. At the center of the band of man-beasts stood a young woman, clad in rags, infernal lightning crackling from her fingertips. The mutants danced around the woman, who had her eyes closed as she lead the chanting of the filth. She appeared to be borne aloft the air, and did not seem to notice the Knights of the Order as they approached, nor did the beasts. The Orcs that accompanied the Knights, too, remained unnoticed. Marius aimed his pistol at the young witch from atop his horse, a silver bullet loaded within. He pulled the trigger, and with a loud bang, the chanting stopped. The witch opened her eyes, and let out a soft groan - she lived, and there was much power left within her, but the silver appeared to drain her of her magical energy. Her beast-creatures, however, were not harmed by their leader's pains, and turned towards the Knights, roaring in fury as they raised their crude weapons, and charged.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:03 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:The Imperial Year 4292, Present
Marius Wolff

"The Grand Master did put me in charge, I recall." Marius smiled. "And I also recall I never challenged you, Elvedui. I merely said I'd blow out your brains if you were to continue arguing or if you were to flee. Unless you're planning to do either of those two things, I don't think there's a reason to feel like I challenged you now, is there?"

As the group came closer, they could make out a band of misformed creatures, dancing around a monolith writhed in green lightning, singing unholy chants. At the center of the band of man-beasts stood a young woman, clad in rags, infernal lightning crackling from her fingertips. The mutants danced around the woman, who had her eyes closed as she lead the chanting of the filth. She appeared to be borne aloft the air, and did not seem to notice the Knights of the Order as they approached, nor did the beasts. The Orcs that accompanied the Knights, too, remained unnoticed. Marius aimed his pistol at the young witch from atop his horse, a silver bullet loaded within. He pulled the trigger, and with a loud bang, the chanting stopped. The witch opened her eyes, and let out a soft groan - she lived, and there was much power left within her, but the silver appeared to drain her of her magical energy. Her beast-creatures, however, were not harmed by their leader's pains, and turned towards the Knights, roaring in fury as they raised their crude weapons, and charged.

Aerkan was among the Knights when they approached the band of creatures. A witch, centered was chanted its mantra. When the leader aimed his pistol at the witch, it groaned. A surge of magic wave went into Aerkan, but just passed through. A strong one indeed, but nonetheless just passed through.

When the creatures charged towards the Knights, Aerkan immediately drew his sabre and his pistol, and aimed at one of the creatures. He pulled the trigger and it went through the creature. It slowed him down, and maybe it killed him...as Aerkan drew his sabre, charging and stab it through the creature's head as it approaching him.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:08 am

Marius Wolff

"I never said I would flee. I said that if the other guy wanted to be so argumentative, he could leave. Not me. So stop picking on me.But enough talking." Elvedui took one of his own pistols and shot it at a creature, slowing it down as he charged on his horse, and swung at its head with his crackling sword as he passed by.
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Inubashiri jumped at the crack of the reins as she wasn't familiar with the sound and it took ever part of her being not to say, "That must hurt the poor horses..". She closed her eyes and sat there peacefully enjoying the sounds of the birds chirping and the wind blowing, rustling the leaves of the nearby trees. The immense tranquility and peace of mind caused Inubashiri to slowly and accidentally drift in to a light sleep, also causing her to slowly lean over and rest her head on Athos' shoulder.

A Morning For Travel

Year 4292 of the Imperial Calender, The Present

Athos Trelane, Petraeia Trelane & Company

The landscape that surrounded Athos was quite different from how it had been just yesterday. The sleets of falling rain and heavy hanging dark clouds had dispersed. And in their absence, the land had been imbued with a cool serenity that refreshed the spirit. Even the heavy plodding of horse hooves, and wooden creak from the rickity riding wagon added to the quaint and calming ambiance. It felt...good. There was no other word or need for one, that could have better described the daybreak scene.

Shifting his gaze around him, bright grey eyes taking in the rays of the still rising sun beneath his traveling hat. And by apperances, he wasn't alone in enjoying it. Indeed far from it, if the serene look on Inubashiri's face was any hint.

She probably feels at home, right here and now. How nice that must feel...

Athos had just turned his attention back to the horses, when a slight pressure on his shoulder interrupted his minds contemplations. Looking to his side, a experssion of surprise rose to his face, as he saw the cause.

A certain someone had decided to take an improptu nap, with his role as the pillow. And being the word master he was, he graced his thoughts with one for the record books.

Uh...

Now, Athos considered himself a practical man. Delegate him a mission, and he'd complete it. Give him a item to trade, and he'd make a profit. You'd be hard pressed to find better finesse or sophistication from a man in the fields of finance or battle. But of course, beyond courtesy and conversation, it left him less the socialite and more the wallflower.

A fact which was well known by his dear older sibiling. And one that amused her to no end. With a tooth baring grin, she saw him look out of the corner of his eyes. Returning the attention with a knowing wink, and thumbs up, she knew such actions would only aggitate Athos. And, as always, she was proven correct by the slight blush coming to his cheeks.

Turning back to look at the sleeping-easy figure beside him, a wafting breeze caused some of her hair to lift up and tickle his nose.

Oh. Not good.

"Ahh..ahyek..aghh.." started Athos, before managing to turn his head the other way, for the inevitable explosive sneezing.
Last edited by TriStates on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:58 pm

At the sound of the sudden explosive sneeze, Inubashiri's sensitive hearing amplified the sneeze three fold. Causing her to jump and nearly fall off of the wagon but she quickly grabbed the edge before she fell. "Whew.. That was close.." She said as she sat upright and adjusted her clothing and ran her fingers through her hair. As she did so, she noticed her cheek was warmer than normal, "Why is my cheek warm? And smell.. Odd.." She said aloud to herself. She sniffed a few times before following the scent, she turned her head and looked at Athos. "It.. Smells like.. You.." She said softly, and confused.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:49 am

Elvedui continued to engage in combat. He decided that it was taking too long, so with a grin, he pointed his sword at an enemy and sent lightning spiraling towards it. Next, he lifted his longsword up and used it as a conduit, with a lightning bolt crackling down from the heavens to meet it. With a crash, the two forces connected, and Elvedui lowered his sword as he directed the lightning towards his foes, the bolts making quick work of them. Then, seeing the woman trying to flee, he pointed his sword at the sky, and then at the woman. A lightning bolt soon connected. However, he was attacked from behind by another foe. He swirled and soon its head was off. Seeing another of the enemy charging one of the order. He threw his sword, and the foe was soon sizzling. However, now he did not have a visible weapon, and the group swarmed him. Thinking quickly,he dismounted, grabbed his two pistols and shot two of the enemy, before forming a sword of pure light. With a battle cry, the High Elf charged at his foe. He delivered a furious array of blows, so fast that his enemy could not keep up. Then he spun in a circle, ducking low and hitting the knees of the rest. Just as another enemy was about to hit him from behind, he turned and a lightshield appeared. Then he quickly formed a spear and finished it, before running to get his longsword. Once he had retrieved it, he turned and spun both blades skillfully, and charged the enemy. However, they soon released that they were outmatched, they turned to run. Elvedui shrugged and stuck his blade in the ground, before forming a bow of light. He quickly dispatched of three of them and continued to shoot any that he saw.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Ulvenes wrote:At the sound of the sudden explosive sneeze, Inubashiri's sensitive hearing amplified the sneeze three fold. Causing her to jump and nearly fall off of the wagon but she quickly grabbed the edge before she fell. "Whew.. That was close.." She said as she sat upright and adjusted her clothing and ran her fingers through her hair. As she did so, she noticed her cheek was warmer than normal, "Why is my cheek warm? And smells.. Odd.." She said aloud to herself. She sniffed a few times before following the scent, she turned her head and looked at Athos. "It.. Smells like.. You.." She said softly, and confused.

Real impressive...you can hold a infantry line against raging orcs, but you can't hold a sneeze? ...

The would-be knight rubbed the back of his neck with a free hand, managing an embarrassed grin. Perhaps it was just the abashed feeling he found felt, but it seemed that all the twittering birds and rustling winds had decided that moment to fall silent, as if to give him the floor for his stumbling reply. It would have been awkward enough with just Inubashiri, so having two others spectate like an audiance did not help. Not at all.

"Um..y-you happened to fall asleep..on me..-my shoulder I mean-..of course with such a morning its understandable.."

A nervous tick Athos had, as a part of his gift for verbosity, was the tendency to try and hide feelings of discomfort behind a wave of words. This tended to spiral quickly, depending on his level of self-conciousness, into a mish-mash babble of apologies, self-corrections and half-thoughts. Trying to look anywhere but the people who were traveling with him, he finished his explaination, hoping to move past this as fast as possible.

"..well, you looked to be enjoying the rest..of course, I didn't want to distrub..-but I guess I did that anyway-..my apologies.."

Your hopeless man...Utterly. Hopeless.
Last edited by TriStates on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:46 pm

As soon as Inubashiri heard that she had fallen asleep on him, her cheeks turned bright red with blush and her ears folded down. "O-o-oh.. I'm.. I uh.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to intrude on y-you.." She whimpered. She began debating on weather or not she should continue to sit on the carriage seat or if she should walk. "I think maybe I should walk for a while.. S-sorry.." She whimpered again, her hardened exterior seemingly broken. The biggest reason if anything for her sudden change of heart was she knew she'd more than likely be harassed by the drunks in the back of the wagon. She put on her mask then grabbed her the weapons she had to take off and jumped off of the wagon. She put her weapons back on her back before walking beside the wagon.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Warpspace
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Marius Wolff

The onyx pits of his eyes grew exponentially, all but consuming the tempered blue of his hidden eyes. His heart thundered in his chest, driving blood at a violent pace through his body to saturate his muscles with oxygen and increase his comprehension of the world dramatically. Lysander surged with energy as the adrenaline hit his system, driving him to fight. His mind was swept clean of all thought, replaced by primordial instinct and training as his entire form became dedicated to the single purpose of combat. There was no elaborate thought, nothing but ritualized training driven into his impressionable mind as a child, now realized once more after endless repetition. He released the reins to his steed, now driving it with his legs while his arms were freed to raise his lance and shied. By the time his horse was charging to meet the oncoming horde his weapons were already drawn, with him having no recollection of ever doing so.

Lysander thundered on ahead on his horse, body now hunched in a brace to protect himself with the shield and provide the maximum force behind the lance. His eyes maddened from adrenaline jumped between the oncoming targets behind the Armet, selecting the optimum foe to strike the easiest potential to cleave through the enemy formation and flank around for a return strike. He twisted his legs and the steed responded with an equal turn in direction- now charging forward to cleave diagonally through the tip of horde.

Time slowed further as more adrenaline thundered through his veins. The previous rolling thunder of his horse's pounding hooves was now a staccato burst of heavy thrusts as the steed pummeled the earth into submission. He felt the rise and fall of the horse, the experience of cruelly brief weightlessness as his organs floated in his chest before slamming down upon his pelvis. He felt it, there, for the slightest fraction of a second. No guilt. No sadness. With the weightlessness of the body came the unweighted soul, a twinge of happiness in oblivion. Snuffed out almost immediately by an enveloping ocean of pain.

The screaming of the oncoming tainted horde hearkened him back to reality. With joyless action he aimed the lance at the optimum angle a second before impact. The leveled lance tore through the brow of an unlucky aberration; tearing a crooked line across the creature's skull as the lance tip cleaved through the bone. Ichor burst behind the lance as it rent the creature's skull, spraying its comrades in a foul mixture of physical thought and blood ejected by the force of the blow. As the corpse was flipped to its back from the force of the blow Lysander instinctively lowered the lance- this time cleaving straight through the shoulder of another abomination and severing the tendons that lent it control of its right arm. The process of compensating for the force of each strike was repeated until the knight exploded from the back ranks of the charging horde: a felled line of seven beasts either twitching in the final throes of death or screaming in the agony suffered from shattered limbs behind him.
If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Ulvenes wrote:As soon as Inubashiri heard that she had fallen asleep on him, her cheeks turned bright red with blush and her ears folded down. "O-o-oh.. I'm.. I uh.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to intrude on y-you.." She whimpered. She began debating on weather or not she should continue to sit on the carriage seat or if she should walk. "I think maybe I should walk for a while.. S-sorry.." She whimpered again, her hardened exterior seemingly broken. The biggest reason if anything for her sudden change of heart was she knew she'd more than likely be harassed by the drunks in the back of the wagon. She put on her mask then grabbed her the weapons she had to take off and jumped off of the wagon. She put her weapons back on her back before walking beside the wagon.

"Uh..." managed Athos in reply, as the woman's departing form took up position near the side of the wagon.

...was it something I said?...

His mulling over just what the hell took place was interrupted by a painful banging, as his sister rapped her knuckles on the side of his head.

"Heeellooo! Anyone home?"

She had managed to get the gist of what had transpired between the two younger people, and how with Athos as the wheel, had magnificently crashed and burned.

"What is wrong with you?" demanded Athos with a low hiss.

"No, the question is, what is wrong with you. Honestly, have all those sword raps you've taken on head knocked all common sense from your mind, or are you just purposefully gormless?"

"You don't have to be so loud, damn it! " he urged to his sister quietly, who dismissed this concern with a casual wave of her hand

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, eyes closed, she sighed in disbelief, "I can't, absolutely refuse to, believe that you. You. Of all people. Can't make words count for a simple explaination..."

Holding up her hand, cutting off any response of Athos, she said, "Just...just drive the wagon...Try not to cock-up that. I prefer being alive."

Working her way back to the end of the wagon, the woman sighed again, leaning against the wooden end. Looking to her side, she had a perfect glimpse of the figure beside the wagon. Downtrodden, and tragic looking really. Returning her view to the inside of the cart, she gave a nod in the direction of the other drinking enthusiast.

"I figure two's alright. But three might make a nice crowd. Spruce yourself up a bit, why don't you?"

None of your business...just leave it be... she thought, even as she put away the almost empty liquor-containing wine skin.

With another sigh, she uncapped a different looking skin, and took a quick swig of cod oil. The slick and cold feeling, not to mention horrid tasting concoction, cleared whatever vapors of alcohol had been clinging to her breath. It was a sure way to do it, but she could never get use to it. Blah!

Don't do anyone favors...mind your own business...

Recovering from the near-torturous routine, she slipped the oil-filled sack as far into her coat and away from her, as possible. Turning her head back toward the woman walking along side, Petraeia threw her hand over the side of the wagon. Giving a slight bang on the wooden side, she gave a curt whistle in the direction of the woman, trying to get her attention.

...Your going to regret this...

"Why use shanks mare, when you've got the coach?," giving a crooked smile, trying for welcoming if not warm, she finished,"Come on. We even sterilized!"
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Asyir
Minister

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:50 pm

"We need to stop and rest Ëmmïttyn, we aren't meant for these types of journeys, we're dwarves for fucks same. Our legs are short and stubby for a reason," Gälmor said, as he slowly trudged along the road.

The dwarves have been marching for nearly a week now, and haven't stopped as Ëmmïttyn leads them through. They were near the capital now, Ëmmïttyn knew that much. The warlord tinted around and studied his warriors. All were in no shape to fight, and Ëmmïttyn decided that they would rest tonight.

They found a small clearing off the road, and Ëmmïttyn ordered the group to set camp. Within a minute, they had a great fire going. Tents were rolled up, at least 17 of them. It was a large camp. However, Ëmmïttyn ordered 6 dwarves to stand watch at all times, and his warriors played lots see who would draw what shift.

Ëmmïttyn sat by the fire with his men. It was a clear night, and all of the stars shined brightly within the darkness of the night. It made Ëmmïttyn feel insignificant, and he slowly withdrew himself after his dinner, while his men maintained their cheery mentality. Ëmmïttyn walked inside his rather large tent in the center of the camp. He removed his armor, and lied down upon his bed. He slowly drifted into sleep, as he heard his men singing well into the morning.
Team Pelinal for life!

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Do they really think just speaking in hushed tones will make me unable to listen to them? I can hear pins drop from several hundred paces, whispers from less then twelve paces are almost impossible to ignore. Inubashiri thought to herself as she walked beside the wagon. She then felt herself feel a slightly angry, a new feeling from her previous embarrassed state. Why does this girl take such an interest in me? It must just be to tease me some more. Inubashiri thought to herself as she walked, "I enjoy walking. So I think I'll walk instead, thanks." She said sharply, without even looking at Petraeia.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Tough nut this one...don't tell me she's still holding onto that little pep talk from the tavern...hmm

Petraeia cocked her head at the woman, a owlish look about her face, the rude but refined reply repelled like a poorly aimed arrow against plate armor. Her skin didn't bruise easy, and was nearly as undeflatable as her ego. The thoughtful look did not suit Petraeia, as her personality was anything but serious. But it would work for a situation, every once in a while. Nodding her head slowly, as if in consideration of an offer posed, she slide out from beneath the comfort of her makeshift cushions.

"An excellent maxim. I admire your common-sense"

Hopping off from the cart, her cavalry boots having barely made contact with the dirt and gravel road, she took up a easy stride.

"I do think think I'll join you. I find most activities much more enjoyable when company is available. Whats that saying? One's reclusive, three's a crowd? I guess two must be good enough company, don't you agree?"
Last edited by TriStates on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Inubashiri sighed inside her head, as to not be too overly rude even though she would rather the girl know that she was not in the mood. Her eyes would definitely say, but they were currently carefully concealed by her iconic and signature mask. "If you must.." She said disdainfully. "It is a free road after all.. I won't stop you. We in the Wolflands believe in personal freedoms." She said, "Anyway, what do you want?" She asked firmly.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Inubashiri sighed inside her head, as to not be too overly rude even though she would rather the girl know that she was not in the mood. Her eyes would definitely say, but they were currently carefully concealed by her iconic and signature mask. "If you must.." She said disdainfully. "It is a free road after all.. I won't stop you. We in the Wolflands believe in personal freedoms." She said, "Anyway, what do you want?" She asked firmly.

"Nothing in particular," replied Petraeia neutrally with a shrug of her shoulders, "perhaps a conversation." Against her better judgement, she had decided to break bread with this stranger, in a sense. Perhaps, it was because her personality was refreshing. New, would be a better word. You see, as strange as it may sound, Petraeia was a very good judge of character.

She knew the bards type. Care free, wheeling and dealing in the simple pleasures that life had to offer. But with just enough caution and common sense to avoid the inclement cuffs and buffs that was the payment for that lifestyle. A real slice of life kinda guy. She herself leaned quite close to the same category, even if her origins were different from his.

Athos. His kind were a dramatic comedy. The Dark Disciple who seeked to right his wrongs with too little, too late. The Fallen Knight in muddy Whites, who jousted against windmills, thinking them dragons.

And herself? She was probably the easiest, yet most complex, of the three. A ice-cold killer with a heart of iron that found the time to beat freely, from time to time. But saying more would be telling, wouldn't it?

In any case, she found it a interesting. Discovering what and how people ticked and tocked.

"So your from the Wolflands? Nice country. Easy on the eyes, be it spring, summer or fall. Winters can be harsh, even by my standards," she had to wind her mind back a-ways, but it was all still there:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dandelions. A curious idea and image, but there it was. The memory centered around a field of them, seemingly stretching for as far as the eye could see, as if the land and flowers merged with the horizon itself at some point. Sparsely snow-capped mountains were in the distance, what snow was on the peak shining in the sun light. It had been hot, for the North, that June. She had continued to move with the army column. The small yellow flowers being crushed beneath the heel of her steel covered boots. Ahead of her, black puffs of smoke rose in the distance.

No time to sight see. There was a battle brewing ahead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Friendly people too, if I recall correctly. A little hung up on manners," she replied with a kidding wink, "but fair enough folks...Almost reminds me of my home. I assume you haven't been that away for a while?" finished Petraeia.
Last edited by TriStates on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:42 am

"Indeed.. The Wolflands are beautiful. Be it Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall.." Inubashiri began, the nostalgia hitting her like a well needed refreshment. "The Winters were my favorite. Perfect weather for cud- er.." She quickly caught herself before she said something that she thought might make her look weak. "Perfect weather for uh.. Entertainment. Yeah, snow men.. Snow angels and such.." She quickly added as she bit her lip, again exposing her wolfish fangs. Inubashiri didn't want to be thought of as weak or vulnerable.. So she masked her real emotions under layer upon layer of steel warrior. But occasionally her true feelings tended to slip out..
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:58 am

Aela Nightstone, High Elf, had been traveling as part of the main group. Or, shadowing it more or less. Aela's personally did not know how best to handle being in a group, especially strangers both different and queer in personality. Their choice of career was intriguing, if potentially lethal. But that appealed to her innate sensibilities regarding the fact the world was meant to be explored and wondered. Thus, she'd shadowed the group despite knowing several if not all of them knew that she was there. She was observing, judging, and testing the waters.
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Arcturus sat back, watching the other warriors fight. There was such a thing as overkill, and he believed the Order to be well acquainted with the concept. He pulled on the reins, letting others charge past him. I can already tell how this will turn out eventually, he thought to himself, following the party out of range of the fighting.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:14 am

The Imperial Year 4292, Present
Marius Wolff

It was no battle, Marius observed as he ran his sword through one of the tainted creatures. Rather, it was a slaughter. The filth were being culled by the Knights of the Order. The group was accomplished, and had no problem dealing with the man-things, nor the witch, whom still lay on the ground, writhing in agony. The mutants and beast-men were being routed, and when the creatures were all either dead or dying, Marius jumped off his horse, looking around him, before giving a silent nod. He glared at the witch.

"Assemble a pyre." he spoke, motioning to some of the trees nearby. "We shall burn this witch, that the fire may cleanse her of her filth."
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:18 am

Marius Wolff

It was no battle, Marius observed as he ran his sword through one of the tainted creatures. Rather, it was a slaughter. The filth were being culled by the Knights of the Order. The group was accomplished, and had no problem dealing with the man-things, nor the witch, whom still lay on the ground, writhing in agony. The mutants and beast-men were being routed, and when the creatures were all either dead or dying, Marius jumped off his horse, looking around him, before giving a silent nod. He glared at the witch.

"Assemble a pyre." he spoke, motioning to some of the trees nearby. "We shall burn this witch, that the fire may cleanse her of her filth."

"But sir, forgive me for questioning first, but is it possible that the witch knows information about the rise of Grand Corrupter?" asked Aerkan. He was finishing killing one of the creatures, stabbing his sabre into the head of the creature, and then shot another creature with his pistol, wounding him, which was then finished by the other Knight.

"If she knows, isn't it will be better if we...torture her first for information?"
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse