NATION

PASSWORD

PL IC Thread IX++ //Oddsbodikins & Atomic Kittens//

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

PL IC Thread IX++ //Oddsbodikins & Atomic Kittens//

Postby Cerillium » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:30 pm

THE CONTINUING SAGA OF THE HOUSEMATES FROM HELL
(some of them literally)

IC: TENTH ITERATION
OOC - signup and planning.

Players interested in joining should read over the information found on OOC Page 1.
Make an application there. New-to-RP players welcome.

(Image)
IC Part I - The Beginning.
IC Part Deux - New Building, Same Nonsense.
IC Part III - Island Living for the Holidays.
ICPart IV - Returned to Building, Oh My Gods!
IC Part V - Five Golden Threads! (aka Oh My God... They're Breeding!)
IC Part VI - The Day the Drones Destroyed the World
IC Part VII - Return to Civilization
IC Part VII.5 – The Soup Thickens.
IC Part VIII - Hello and Goodbye.
IC Part IX - A Year's Journey
Original OOC thread - Locked.
OOC thread Part II - Locked.
OOC Thread Part III - Locked.
OOC Thread Part IV - Locked.
OOC Thread Part V - Locked.
OOC Thread Part VI - Locked.
OOC Thread Part VII - Locked.
OOC Thread Part VIII - Locked.
OOC Thread Part IX - Locked.

PERSONIFICAN LIFE WIKI
GUIDELINES:
  • You can play your characters as either serious or light. We're a mixed group.
  • Got a problem with a player? Take it to that player in TG to resolve it.
  • It's a fast-moving thread. It's okay to ask "where is everyone and what happened while I was gone?" in the OOC thread.
  • Please save earth-shattering adventures until the weekends. Earth-shattering would be any side-story that affects the entire goup (blowing up the building, planet-wide invasions, world destruction, etc). Minor stuff (zombie attacks, localized plagues, genderbenders, etc) can be ignored by players who are offline.
  • What kind of character can I play: We have anthros, velociraptors, gods, demons, angels, cyborgs, robots, magic users and mystical beings, warriors/soldiers/super soldiers, average mortals, A.I.s, thieves, spies, emperors, mad scientists, and whatever Bones and his brothers are. Anime seems to be a big theme, followed by offshoots of various pantheons and fiction.
  • Please don't be a God Mode Sue. We have several powerful characters. They've evolved over time.
  • Act out your violent fantasies elsewhere. We keep it PG-13 here.
  • Please message Cerillium if you plan to play a god. There are specific guidelines in place to keep things in balance so non-god characters are treated fairly.

ACTUAL RULES:
  • HAVE FUN!
  • OP is GOD. Co-OP are GODS.
  • NO godmodding.
  • There will be NO structural changes made to the city without full permission of OP and Co-OP.
  • Citizens of Bielefeld are not there to be spindled, mutilated and torn apart. City officials (to include police and military) are OP/Co-OP NPCs.
OP and Overarching GM: Cerillium

IC/OOC CoOP: Swith Witherward, Tiltjuice and Mincaldenteans.

WORDL BUILDER: Swith Witherward - All credit rightfully hers. Well done, little Fennec. We appreciate you!

Their word is law. They function as PL's RP moderators. If you have a problem with a player that can't be solved via TG, take it to them. They have the authority to ask any player to leave for just cause.

Current PL RP Mentors: Giovenith. (PL RP Mentor description here)
Oh my God. They killed Yoshi. You bastards!

• First: his "Suicide attempt". He kind of forgot he couldn't have alcohol so the raptors had to revive him.
  • Second: The chocolate bugs ripped him apart in fairy form. He likely would have survived if the hive's control hadn't been severed, actually. Revived by Swith.
  • Third: He died in a war with the BranRiech. Revived by Swith.
  • Forth: Alcohol again! Twenty minutes after Swith revived him. Revived by Ogoti.
  • Fifth: Crushed in a giant honeycomb. At least it was an encapsulated event!
  • Sixth: Killed by OP.
Last edited by Cerillium on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:30 pm

Last edited by Cerillium on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:31 pm

It was as it always was, and that was nothing less than extraordinary. Was there any reason it should be less? Sanity was for the timid pencil pushers and school marms struggled to keep order in the world. Insanity was a child blowing dandelion seeds across a cracked parking lot, thereby sowing next spring’s bright promise. Two years ago to the day (and this very hour), the world came into being, and with it all the many wonderful creatures that dwelled within.

Ask me not the reasons why anything happens as it does in this place. Shit happens. Get used to it. On the green grass outside the Building, a fennec fox and a penguin and a civet and a honey badger played in deep leaves. A godling was about on an adventure with a plant girl. A young woman was giving birth. A Klingon roamed the halls, Cthulhu’s minions wondered how deep holes could be, a child soldier visited with an old conscript, Mab had joined Chaos gods for dinner, Drones and Dronids shambled between the trees, four people walked far away on the planet Gliese, and…… and…. Oh, so much more!

Join us then, and let your heart guide down twisted paths or merry streets. The world is waiting to be discovered.

Tiltjuice wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:Izzat a bird?

She had remained partially concealed in the overgrowth but had poked her nose into the fading sunlight when the civet and honey badger began their play. The leaf game seemed interesting enough but the other two animals were much larger than she. They had quick claws and probably more teeth in their heads than she did, plus they could sit on her and that would be her end.

She took a few steps forward with her fluffy rump lowered and ears towards the sun. The Spotty-stripey and the Grumbler-claws seemed at ease with the bird, but nothing was certain in life. Large ears rocked towards the group and her whiskers quivered. Many things were uncertain but what was certain was the calm attitudes of the other creatures. Plus they might have food. Or even be food. Well, maybe not. The bird was huge. Maybe the other two would take it down and she could snatch intestines while they were chewing?

She approached a few steps more, and then some more, and then some more. Little drips and drabs of pitter-patters carried her across the leaves and between Spotty-stripey and Grumbler-claws. Her head tilted and she observed the bird.

Izzit dead?

It didn't look too dead. That is to say that it might be almost dead or even fake dead. She could hear its heart beating, though, so she wouldn't proclaim the large bird as edible until it was very dead. The little fennec had never seen a bird this close before. She cautiously took a step beyond the Spotty/Grumbler front line and leaned as far forward as possible to sniff at the sleek creature. She couldn't understand his feathers... they reminded her of scales almost, or prickles... or his funny wings. His feet and beak meant that he was a bird, so what did all this mean?

The penguin turned when he felt something poking at his feathers. He turned slightly away from Stripey and kept an eye on Big Claws, who seemed not to care about much of what was going on.

The source of the tickling - a set of whiskers from a smaller creature. With big ears. Strange; there were very few animals he knew with big ears. It seemed to be all triangles. Very odd. He waved his beak in the air and then waddled over eagerly, almost recklessly curious to meet the canid newcomer as most of his kind were. His flippers didn't crunch through leaves; they slapped against the grass as he meandered, some blades still sticking out of his beak. The bushy tail was the only exception to the triangles, and that contrast looked strange. He stretched out a flipper.

The honey badger sniffed at the tiny fox that had crept past him. The ears were too large for its body and the face too pointed. It was all angles (little did he realize the penguin had the same basic impression). He preferred round things. He himself was round in head and body, curved in claw and rotund in tummy. Round was good. Sharp lines made one stand out too much. The ground should have known better.

Perhaps this little creature was from the sky?

It was a perplexing development. He'd only just overcome the knowledge that the water provided life. He's smallish eyes looked towards the heavens and their rolling puffy clouds and he realized he was just one ratel in the universe. He was just a single element. Maybe it didn't rain because he misbehaved? Maybe there was more to this strange cosmos than ground, sky and water?

The penguin drew his attention as it righted itself. The ratel bustled into reverse as the bird approached. A series of chuffs and snuffs and low growls erupted from him. It was habitual and he was typical of all his people: snarky.

What? What? How did you come to be here? he demanded of the bird and fox both.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:16 am

With his User somewhat relieved that Torii didn't think of them going out to dinner like this was a date, Bran nodded and chuckled a bit. "I mean, we've been friends for a while now, I think since we went to the island with everyone? You don't need to call me Bran, I mean, unless you want me to call you Mrs. Dimitrova?" The ex-conscript droned on as he walked his friend out, past the weird girl who had just arrived, and out of the apartment, the setting sun casting their shadows far behind them.

"Well, I've got honestly no idea where to eat."

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:32 am

Cerillium wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:On any other day at any other time Aegis might have detected the drone solider. But today he was meditating, he was cleansing his mind, he was trying to become as distant as he could from his senses and because of this he was completely oblivious to the machines presence. The various sensors in his mask had been switched off to provide a better sense of peace and his peripheral awareness retarded. He found himself walking slowly over to a very large hole in the ground that looked like a tree had been yanked out at the roots, the hole was at least two meters deep but it was completely absent of any roots or other signs that a tree had been there, which was perplexing to Aegis. Looking around he found a small pile of stones about a foot high, what was strange is that were no gaps in the stones despite the obvious all being from different sources and it looked a lot like a strange Jigsaw puzzle. Aegis didn’t need to investigate to know that the thing was hollow.

The Drone Empire wrote:Darius's activation frightened Ilun, as 5the machine drew forth its full arsenal, weapons of every kind Ilun knew to be wielded by such battlefield terrors, and more, those that stretched even beyond Ilun's recently accelerated knowledge. He receded himself, pulling a good number of paces back; his form was formidable, but any backfire received would with ease do critical damage to his own self, something he'd rather not suffer, as he crouched himself behind a low lying boulder.

The identification call was intimidating, but the targets were... unrecognized. He himself could not recall nor locate exactly what 'Cthulu' meant, but was likely to soon find out. In the event that this newly detected threat came upon him, he himself prepared a small weapon. He knew not how to engage threats of such an unknown nature, but spontaneous improvisations were something he was quite familiar with. Ancient and degraded combat routines came back into faded view, as his body awoke, the surrounding environment was no more viewed in an eye of intrigue, but with that of a tactical mindset.

Darius crouched at a distance. He was torn by conflict. The Agent should be followed but Darius had no way to communicate his findings to others should he be forced into a new dimension. He briefly wondered if Ilun was capable of such silent information transmission. The thought was pushed from his mind as the Agent approached the scene.

His sensors could determine that a large hole was nearby but little else could be made of it. Stripped of much of his previous data, the Drone found himself in a tight spot. He spoke as softly as possible in Dronic flourished with too many words.

"Ilun. I can not approach further without being detected. The Agent appears to be alone. He has not drawn Others to him yet. These creatures posses dangerous technology. They can manipulate minds. They can drive organic creatures insane. Approach with extreme caution until their abilities have been determined. We will wait. He may or may not summon"

And then -

"Are you able to receive and send data transmissions?"

The Drone wasn't accustomed to Aegis or the Cthulhu (the true mythos) of his current dimension. His limited knowledge came from the warped insanity that plagued his place of origin. His assumptions were based on that experience. His Vafflehelm was plagued by Shoggoth and other dreadful things. Very little life or hope remained there for any faction.

Aegis's stared at the large mechanical creature for a long while cycling through a variety of lens and screens to better analysis it. He saw in it, through it, beyond it, and all of it but he found that is was very complex and still evaded a total scan for some reason. His audio sensors were able to pick up bits and pieces of the drones conversation but nothing complete. "...approach further...detected...Others...dangerous technology...manipulate...organic creatures...abilities...determined...summon..." sufficient to say even though he only had half of the conversation he didn't like what he was hearing. Aegis began moving in a wide arch trying to move around the large drone all while chanting softly inside his mask. As he did so the ground throughout the clearing began to slowly fill with a sickly green mist that reeked of sea rotted meat and decaying rocks, it pours out subtly from between rocks and the groves of trees but it barely registered on the machines sensors. They were able to see that it was slowly obscuring their view and they regardless of whatever filters they might possess it they found they couldn't see through it, however they wouldn't register any chemical or physical changes in the properties of the air.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:04 am

Monfrox wrote:The girl, enraptured in her mind's own world and not even able to look up, stopped dead when a shadow caught her eye with its slightest flicker of movement. She halted on her feet and almost jolted, which was her recoiling from taking another step forward and possibly running smack into whoever was there, if anyone was there. Many a times did she follow through with the same process, only to realize that there was no one in front of her and it was just her imagination. This time though, when she looked up, she did see someone. "Sorry." She said as she put her head back down and side-stepped out of their way. She couldn't help but think one thing, though. Was that Jim Carrey just now?

"It's quite alright, no harm done. Say, have I met you before? I just had the strangest feeling of déjà vu." Neil asked, confused by the sense of familiarity of long forgotten experiences. "I can't say that we have seen her otherwise we would remember." Gretta added.

"Can we come in? We have cake!" a male voice asked right outside of the lobby doors. "Can somebody let us, a completely ordinary couple, in? We lost our keys, not in a fire!" A female voice asked.

"The door is open!" Gretta shouted in reply, irritated that they did not try opening it first. "Now that also smells of déjà vu all over again." Neil commented to both Gretta and the New Girl. Two figures entered that looked exactly like Neil and Gretta's current disguises, with the exception of red eyes and metal skin with painted over bolts along the seams. "Imposter!" all four accused and pointed at their duplicates. "Why now? We were about to play mindgames with our superior reptilian intelligences with the new people." Neil said. "Revengence waits for nobody! You turned us into filthy rats and trapped us that way!" the metal Neil retorted. "We demand you turn us back to our rightful superior forms!" the metal Gretta demanded. "How about no, you cause us too much trouble. Experimenting on friends without so much as gambit to make them unknowingly agree. You just kidnap them out of the blue, and don't even banter." Gretta replied.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:18 pm

The BranRiech wrote:With his User somewhat relieved that Torii didn't think of them going out to dinner like this was a date, Bran nodded and chuckled a bit. "I mean, we've been friends for a while now, I think since we went to the island with everyone? You don't need to call me Bran, I mean, unless you want me to call you Mrs. Dimitrova?" The ex-conscript droned on as he walked his friend out, past the weird girl who had just arrived, and out of the apartment, the setting sun casting their shadows far behind them.

"Well, I've got honestly no idea where to eat."

"Ew, no! i couldn't stand being called that! Way too formal for me. I'm just now about to turn eighteen, and I don't plan on being called "Miss Dimitrova" any time soon!"

Torii shuddered. It'd be too much like her mom, or something her sister would be called in twenty years. Torii wasn't like them. She already had a nickname...Torii.

"Yea, I guess I should've started calling you Bran a while ago. I guess it was because of how you and Rylli treated me real nice, like a daughter.", She said, coming to a slower pace. She rubbed the back of her neck and started to mumble. "I, uh, I wish it was still like that, I felt special back then."

She coughed and looked back up, catching up with Bran. "Nowhere where we'd be overdressed, but nowhere too formal. What about a nice steakhouse? "
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Sir Reginald Crowley walked out of the bar in the building. He was going to his room to collect his bear traps because he was going on a hunting expedition to the nearby woods to capture what he heard was the white stag.As he walked in he realized that his captured Boa constrictor Samia Had escaped from his cage and was now loose in the building. He thought to himself," i cant go in the bloody woods when a dangerous predator is on the loose in the premises i need to find him before it kills some one or eats somthing that it is not supposed eat or before it gets killed". So he walked out of his room and started to track down the snake hoping that it was not eating some ones pet.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
Primordial didn't return the smile, it wasn't him being rude but out of principle he tried not to smile. He considered it insulting to both himself and his honor. The beer had a sugary sweet taste to it a product of it being brewed from spider silk and containing a large liquid gemstone at the bottom. It was incredibly therapeutic and relaxing causing a persons muscles and mind to open up and relax. "Not well to say the least." he said "But I highly doubt you went off on some horrible quest and saved something or other to hear me bitch about my problems. So tell me what did YOU accomplish."

"You mean what did WE accomplish!" The Klingon boasted loudly, snagging the petite woman in a near bone crushing hug. His grin showed the jagged rows of his teeth and his chin held high in pride, his mek'leth in his free hand rested upon his opposite shoulder. "We honored the city of Varth, paid homage to the guild that took us in and brought nothing short of glory to our lineage. We slew a blight this universe has yet to endure with nothing more than sword and might; we braved the zones of which only madness could comprehend and looked upon the darkness that would make the most stoic cower in fear! And we celebrated in victory with song and wine. Our journey has been filled challenge worthy of tales and our family, friend and even our enemies will know of us for generations to come! There is no greater honor!" Mezran said triumphantly.

"Where are HanS and Ru'Hoff? They were here only moments ago," Mezran said almost deflated. Yes, the Klingon had hastily poked and prodded the human named Reginald for but a moment but it couldn't have been so soon that his other friends would suddenly disappear. He wondered if they were called to other matters but did not speak his thoughts out loud. Instead, "We will need to have a celebration in honor of our return!" He proclaimed with a wider grin, wondering if ChryS would feel the same way.

Primordial didn't know who this Klingon was, he didn't think they had ever met before but it could just be his mind playing tricks on him. In any case he didn't like how happy and optimistic he was and took an immediate dislike to him, but he kept it to himself and handed the space soldier a beer composed of spider silk and rubies that tasted like a full body massage.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm

The girl looked confused by the current exchange, but realized who these two were. Of course, she always had a habit of second guessing herself, but she was almost positive it was NVE and Gretta. She took a deep breath and calmly stepped away from the four of them. "Gotta get out of here." She thought. She knew how the raptors were, and if the past was any indication, then she should disappear from the scene as fast as possible. But, they were between her and her new room, so her logic dictated that the best course of action was to leave the building altogether and wait til it all blew over. So she calmly exited through the front door and looked around. Woods. A perfect place to wait and hide.

Without a further though, she bolted out of sight from the front door and headed straight for the trees. After a few minutes of running, she stopped to catch her breath and look back. She hadn't been keeping track of how far she was going, and so now she couldn't see the Building anymore. "Oh great, now you fucked up." She said to herself as she picked herself up and tried walking. She had faith in her keen sense of direction, and so just went straight. Using training she learned at Camp Atterbury, she picked a tree and walked to it before picking another after reaching the first. She walked tree to tree until there was a clearing, and she sat down and put her earphones back in. "Man...shit..." She cursed as she sat against the trunk of a tree and listened to music again like she always loved to do.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:
"You mean what did WE accomplish!" The Klingon boasted loudly, snagging the petite woman in a near bone crushing hug. His grin showed the jagged rows of his teeth and his chin held high in pride, his mek'leth in his free hand rested upon his opposite shoulder. "We honored the city of Varth, paid homage to the guild that took us in and brought nothing short of glory to our lineage. We slew a blight this universe has yet to endure with nothing more than sword and might; we braved the zones of which only madness could comprehend and looked upon the darkness that would make the most stoic cower in fear! And we celebrated in victory with song and wine. Our journey has been filled challenge worthy of tales and our family, friend and even our enemies will know of us for generations to come! There is no greater honor!" Mezran said triumphantly.

"Where are HanS and Ru'Hoff? They were here only moments ago," Mezran said almost deflated. Yes, the Klingon had hastily poked and prodded the human named Reginald for but a moment but it couldn't have been so soon that his other friends would suddenly disappear. He wondered if they were called to other matters but did not speak his thoughts out loud. Instead, "We will need to have a celebration in honor of our return!" He proclaimed with a wider grin, wondering if ChryS would feel the same way.

Primordial didn't know who this Klingon was, he didn't think they had ever met before but it could just be his mind playing tricks on him. In any case he didn't like how happy and optimistic he was and took an immediate dislike to him, but he kept it to himself and handed the space soldier a beer composed of spider silk and rubies that tasted like a full body massage.

"Ooof!" Chrys gasped, fortunately having taken a few sips of the beer before Mezran set upon her (so that she was properly relaxed and not all stiff-crushed). "Celebration, yes! Shall we go find them? Primordial, are you coming?" She tried to tone down her cheer a bit, in the face of the Luxan's stiffness. Dignity seemed to be his watchword, although he'd also referred to having problems.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:46 pm

Cerillium wrote:

It was as it always was, and that was nothing less than extraordinary. Was there any reason it should be less? Sanity was for the timid pencil pushers and school marms struggled to keep order in the world. Insanity was a child blowing dandelion seeds across a cracked parking lot, thereby sowing next spring’s bright promise. Two years ago to the day (and this very hour), the world came into being, and with it all the many wonderful creatures that dwelled within.

Ask me not the reasons why anything happens as it does in this place. Shit happens. Get used to it. On the green grass outside the Building, a fennec fox and a penguin and a civet and a honey badger played in deep leaves. A godling was about on an adventure with a plant girl. A young woman was giving birth. A Klingon roamed the halls, Cthulhu’s minions wondered how deep holes could be, a child soldier visited with an old conscript, Mab had joined Chaos gods for dinner, Drones and Dronids shambled between the trees, four people walked far away on the planet Gliese, and…… and…. Oh, so much more!

Join us then, and let your heart guide down twisted paths or merry streets. The world is waiting to be discovered.

Tiltjuice wrote:The penguin turned when he felt something poking at his feathers. He turned slightly away from Stripey and kept an eye on Big Claws, who seemed not to care about much of what was going on.

The source of the tickling - a set of whiskers from a smaller creature. With big ears. Strange; there were very few animals he knew with big ears. It seemed to be all triangles. Very odd. He waved his beak in the air and then waddled over eagerly, almost recklessly curious to meet the canid newcomer as most of his kind were. His flippers didn't crunch through leaves; they slapped against the grass as he meandered, some blades still sticking out of his beak. The bushy tail was the only exception to the triangles, and that contrast looked strange. He stretched out a flipper.

The honey badger sniffed at the tiny fox that had crept past him. The ears were too large for its body and the face too pointed. It was all angles (little did he realize the penguin had the same basic impression). He preferred round things. He himself was round in head and body, curved in claw and rotund in tummy. Round was good. Sharp lines made one stand out too much. The ground should have known better.

Perhaps this little creature was from the sky?

It was a perplexing development. He'd only just overcome the knowledge that the water provided life. He's smallish eyes looked towards the heavens and their rolling puffy clouds and he realized he was just one ratel in the universe. He was just a single element. Maybe it didn't rain because he misbehaved? Maybe there was more to this strange cosmos than ground, sky and water?

The penguin drew his attention as it righted itself. The ratel bustled into reverse as the bird approached. A series of chuffs and snuffs and low growls erupted from him. It was habitual and he was typical of all his people: snarky.

What? What? How did you come to be here? he demanded of the bird and fox both.

The flipper reversed in midair and swung up to bat a leaf higher. The red shape floated slowly back down again, rotating to land on the civet's head like an organic cap.

Water! Nice and cool. I swam a long way and ate much fish. You like fish? The salty smell clung to his feathers as he shook himself, loosing a mist of seawater.
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

"Ooof!" Chrys gasped, fortunately having taken a few sips of the beer before Mezran set upon her (so that she was properly relaxed and not all stiff-crushed). "Celebration, yes! Shall we go find them? Primordial, are you coming?" She tried to tone down her cheer a bit, in the face of the Luxan's stiffness. Dignity seemed to be his watchword, although he'd also referred to having problems.

"Of course i'm anxious to hear more about your exploits and your interesting companions." he said following them. He hoped that he could gleam important bits of information from them to help mend the broken parts of his memory. It was also in his esoteric nature to learn as much as he can about this universe. "I don't believe I was ever privy to the details of your quest. Please start from the beginning."

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:41 pm

"And the tale began so," Chrys started off somewhat hesitantly, more used to storytelling with an accompanying instrument. "We rode on magical rubber wings, up to orbit where we sought the fuzziest of tribbles. We traveled across Time's domain and found ourselves at the great city of Varth, and we slew and captured the creatures, both ordinary and daemon-possessed. My hand joined to another's."

Her voice had picked up in tempo as she went along, and she glanced at Mezran to see if he wished to join in.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:46 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:"Ew, no! i couldn't stand being called that! Way too formal for me. I'm just now about to turn eighteen, and I don't plan on being called "Miss Dimitrova" any time soon!"

Torii shuddered. It'd be too much like her mom, or something her sister would be called in twenty years. Torii wasn't like them. She already had a nickname...Torii.

"Yea, I guess I should've started calling you Bran a while ago. I guess it was because of how you and Rylli treated me real nice, like a daughter.", She said, coming to a slower pace. She rubbed the back of her neck and started to mumble. "I, uh, I wish it was still like that, I felt special back then."

She coughed and looked back up, catching up with Bran. "Nowhere where we'd be overdressed, but nowhere too formal. What about a nice steakhouse? "

"There ya' go, I mean, I don't mind being called by my formal name, but come on, we've been friends for a while now." Bran chuckled, looking around the street, trying to pick a direction to head in. "Say, did you see any places while you were out with your friends at all?" He asked, shrugging, at a complete loss for where to go. He only knew Chaos, and that it was quite the good restaurant, otherwise, the Nikanors usually ate at the apartment, with what they had. "You know, it has been a while since I've been there." He murmured, looking to the familiar restaurant across the street.

--

"Online."

The dull voice was just another annoying diagnostics check in the mind of the girl, Calle, as she had taken to calling herself, needing a more Human identification. She hadn't had a name up until then of course, being only known by a designation number. But now, that she was finally free? She was choosing a name whether she liked it or not as she skated across the sidewalks of Bielefeld, fresh off the boat as they would say, though the girl had no idea of what that meant if she ever heard the phrase, it simply held no meaning.

Spotting two people exiting her preferred choice of lodging, she skirted around them and quickly slipped into the doors of the apartment building, hover-packs emitting a dulled-whirring noise, keeping Calle suspended inches above the ground. While her armor could be described as quite sleek and streamlined, the blades hovering at her back to be used as weapons weren't, and they clattered against the door-frame as she entered.

Scanning through the room through her red-tinted HUD, she shrugged, readings were strange, but that's exactly what drew her here as she made her way up to the desk, appearing devoid of emotion as she waited politely to be helped.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:57 pm

"Just a few diners and fast food joints. Nothing really fancy.", Torii replied. "Mr. Nikano- um, Bran...do you want to go to Chaos? I know you're looking for a different place, but Chaos is right there. The only other fancy restaraunt I know is one that my sister told me about when she went on a date. It was a real fancy Russian place, but it's probably very expensive, too. I'm not up for that, unless you're real nostalgic for food like back home."

She shrugged and took the lead. "It's up to you. Chaos, or Fancy place? I just wanna have dinner with you! Chaos? We can have a beer together~!", She said."And I want to tell you some stuff, too."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:04 pm

A brawl broke out in the lobby between Neil & Gretta and Dark Neil & Gretta. Furious fists flew through the air during the ferocious fight of the final face off between the flurry of fellows from two universes. Shedding their shady human forms for their stronger velociraptor native bodies via the Gene Masker, Neil and Gretta attacked the metal counterparts with claws, energy pistols, and a pair of uzis. Dark Neil and Dark Gretta (still rats piloting robot suits) attacked with electric discharges and laser eye-beams. At one point Dark Neil got a hold of a water heater and caused it to explode via accelerating the steam pressure. Who could say when the apartment last had a good old fashion brawl for arbitrary reasons? The two sides were evenly matched, the deciding factor was now who would notice that Neil and Gretta had dropped the Gene Masker on the floor near the front desk.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 pm

The BranRiech wrote:"And that's why I'd never own a white apartment. Mind if I use your shower?" Natiya asked in regards to Khro's request that they clean themselves before sitting on anything. Her clothes were quite dirtied as well, and she assumed that there was some sort of futuristic washing machine to use someplace. "And my clothes as well, I'd rather not track dirt and soot everywhere." She nodded, eyes panning over the apartment, the white furniture almost hurting her eyes. She wasn't going to question her preferences, but Natiya definitely wasn't a fan of the whole thing.

Well, at least it all matched.

"Don't worry about your clothes, the bathroom is easier to clean up then the living room. Walk barefoot if you want to, carpet is soft enough to do so." Khro suggested as she took off her boots. "Just note that it is a shower, not a shower-tube mix. I know, sucks that I don't that luxury here."

Aleki sitting outside the apartment room in the hallway to take his shoes and socks off asked his lover, "Please make room."

Tiltjuice wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:Sapphire giggled at MB's little ear twirling. "Your a funny little creature."

The clock on the wall struck the time for lunch. The scientist that worked in the lab walked out chattering about work and other subjects as they piled onto the elevator. Sapphire watched them leave before looking back at MB. "Okay, now is out time to get in there."

MB stopped his ear twirling. There was a slight pause.

I feel like there should be suspense music. You feel need? He hopped onto the floor and made ready to follow Sapphire. I can follow; can't operate door, only eat through it. Would be bad thing? Probably bad.

"No suspense music, just jazz, 'cause we are smooth like that. Mostly you though." Sapphire jocosely remarked as she opened up the door to the sterile room. "Okay, so here is a lot of equipment to dawn yourself -Well you can't I can- in gear to help keep sterile while in the lab, despite that we do have a decontamination room. Then again, I doubt you would want to breathe in that gas. Say, do you want to wait out here while I grab the syringe? It won't take long." She suggested as she began to put on a lab suit.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:40 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:The flipper reversed in midair and swung up to bat a leaf higher. The red shape floated slowly back down again, rotating to land on the civet's head like an organic cap.

Water! Nice and cool. I swam a long way and ate much fish. You like fish? The salty smell clung to his feathers as he shook himself, loosing a mist of seawater.

The civet squinted its eyes as tiny sprinkles peppered its snout and it twitched its nose slightly at the feel of it. Fish? I like fish, they're slippery though. The last time I landed in the stream. It was nice, but I got no fish.

Wiping its snout with its paws quickly, the civet moved its tail lazily back and forth, no real rush anymore to jump into the leaves even if it was at the foremost of his thoughts. And food. Where did you swim from? Are there more like you?

The civet moved closer, although slowly, to the other two furred creatures so not to spook them at his own curiosity of them as well. Especially pointy ears, it looked cuddle worthy but who knew if it was at all?

Tiltjuice wrote:"And the tale began so," Chrys started off somewhat hesitantly, more used to storytelling with an accompanying instrument. "We rode on magical rubber wings, up to orbit where we sought the fuzziest of tribbles. We traveled across Time's domain and found ourselves at the great city of Varth, and we slew and captured the creatures, both ordinary and daemon-possessed. My hand joined to another's."

Her voice had picked up in tempo as she went along, and she glanced at Mezran to see if he wished to join in.

"Bah! You should say it with more pride, ChryS. We were in history itself and we faced enemies few could ever match! Rejoice in the journey, my friend, it was an adventure none could ever hope to match!" Mezran said boastfully. He wanted beer but refrained from asking, he would get his own ale in due time. "Traveled to my homeworld, we did, to a time of the magnificent Kahless the Unforgettable, a time of war and prosperity. A time where Klingons truly knew their place in the universe! We came upon the ancient city Varth, as ChryS mentioned, its high gates guarded by bronze statues of Kahless and his mate Lukara, and took shelter in a guild house that was recruiting warriors for the upcoming battle the next day.

"There we feasted and celebrated, as warriors from all over the homeworld had come to partake in Kahless' campaigns. We ourselves sought the filthy petaQ'pu called tribbles. These filthy hairy beasts are a dishonorable species who only replicate themselves while stripping the resources they infest themselves in. And what a glorious battle it was!" Mezran's paused a moment with crooked-teeth grin and let his deep voice resonate through the hallway.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:25 am

The girl sat and panted, holding her hands on the top of her head to keep the blood flowing to her head. "I can't believe I still can't run for shit..." She said to herself, remembering when she was going to join the USAF. It was that. That lone thought, that sent her on a destructive string of reminiscing. Her past life was gone, and it took her until now to realize that. Her friends, her family, her colleagues and such were all gone. Cut off like nothing more than a stray thread on a uniform blouse. No longer would she have her easy go-to coping methods of playing video games, browsing the internet, or even reading. All she had was her music, a useless flip phone, a pocket knife that had belonged to her grandfather and had been passed down to her from her father, a wallet full of things now rendered null that had come from her past life, and keys to things she will never see again.

It was too much. She was glad that at least there was no one in the forest as she put her arms across her knees as she sat, put her head on them, and cried. Tears streamed down her cheeks and stained the ground. Her eyes became red and bloodshot from the irritation of rubbing them as she sobbed alone. Alone, yet deep down, she wised she wasn't. Her mother, her father, her sister, or anyone really. Anyone. She yearned for someone to come by. To take her into their arms and tell her it'll be okay, even though she was entirely positive that it wasn't. But no one would come. She had secluded herself from the rest of the world around her by seeking shelter in the woods and fell into a realm of her own despair that clouded everything around her. She soon couldn't even sit, and slowly curled up like a ball and leaned against the tree. All of it begged the question: Why? Why was she picked? Why was she forcefully ripped from her previous life and dropped into such an unfamiliar and unforgiving world? Why was she seemingly always made to suffer? She was sure no one would be able to answer it. It seemed so unfair. And yet, there was no one to blame.

The girl could barely breathe as she wept and her chest started hurting. A feeling she remembered having once or twice before. Perhaps this is what it felt like; Heartbreak. She didn't even have enough energy to start her music up again. Not when she could barely even see. The pain seemed to come from the heart and soul itself. Nothing could change what had happened. What was done was done. And yet, she wished it to be reversed. She wanted to be home. To be back. To wake up from this cruel nightmare. But it wasn't a nightmare, and it realized her sorrow. She would not be waking up in her own bed anytime soon, and she knew it. For now, she cried. Cried for all the times she held it in. All the times she'd been so strong. Too long. Far too long had she held it in. Now, within her isolation in that wilderness, she let it all out.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:24 am

Torsiedelle wrote:"Just a few diners and fast food joints. Nothing really fancy.", Torii replied. "Mr. Nikano- um, Bran...do you want to go to Chaos? I know you're looking for a different place, but Chaos is right there. The only other fancy restaraunt I know is one that my sister told me about when she went on a date. It was a real fancy Russian place, but it's probably very expensive, too. I'm not up for that, unless you're real nostalgic for food like back home."

She shrugged and took the lead. "It's up to you. Chaos, or Fancy place? I just wanna have dinner with you! Chaos? We can have a beer together~!", She said."And I want to tell you some stuff, too."

"Well, maybe . . ." Bran said, in regards to Torii's last suggestion. He didn't really want to buy alcohol for a minor, and thought that it was basically the same thing as if he'd bought Rachelle a beer or something. Torii was still a kid in his eyes, wide-eyed and innocent, except that he knew that that wasn't the case, that she had seen things almost as worse as he had while growing up. She had been a child-solider as well, but she was still a child to him.

"But yeah, Chaos sounds fine to me really." He nodded.

--

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:A brawl broke out in the lobby between Neil & Gretta and Dark Neil & Gretta. Furious fists flew through the air during the ferocious fight of the final face off between the flurry of fellows from two universes. Shedding their shady human forms for their stronger velociraptor native bodies via the Gene Masker, Neil and Gretta attacked the metal counterparts with claws, energy pistols, and a pair of uzis. Dark Neil and Dark Gretta (still rats piloting robot suits) attacked with electric discharges and laser eye-beams. At one point Dark Neil got a hold of a water heater and caused it to explode via accelerating the steam pressure. Who could say when the apartment last had a good old fashion brawl for arbitrary reasons? The two sides were evenly matched, the deciding factor was now who would notice that Neil and Gretta had dropped the Gene Masker on the floor near the front desk.

Even before being helped by the front desk, there was a fight breaking out. If Calle was anyone else, she probably would have ran out the door screaming, though of course, like anyone else, she certainly didn't want to get hit by any lasers or something, though it seemed as if the two Humans who turned into dinosaurs had dropped something. SImply bending down, the Cyborg picked it up with interest, looking the thing over in her hands. "Is this what . . . Did that to them?" She asked herself in a whisper, soft and a little raspy. Admittedly, kitted out with all her gear, she had never seen something that could physically alter something's appearance, and she quickly retreated to a vantage point, her metallic faceplate glowing red where her eyes were seeing through.

--

Quickly and silently removing her shoes as she had been about to walk on Khro's carpet, Natiya was wobbling to keep her balance, nearly falling over onto the carpet. She stopped herself, and quickly grabbed a wall for support. "Well, thanks for telling me now." She rolled her eyes in false annoyance, giggling softly as she tip-toe'd off into the apartment, worried that her pants would brush up against the floor or something as she turned the shower on, the water running over her body as she washed herself. The same couldn't be said about her clothes, however, and they were left in a pile next to the door.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:21 pm

"Okie-dokie, then!", Torii led the way, opening the door for Bran. "You don't have to get me a beer, really. I want a Cola...I don't drink soda often, and it would be great for tonight. Ain't it just hot lately?"

If Torii knew how Bran saw her, she'd blush. She felt like a wide-eyed child still, even if she had her share of bad memories. It was because of all of those memories that she cherished her new life even more. She wasn't a psycho kid soldier who was mad at the world anymore she was a happy, open girl who loved to share and go on adventures. She just remembered that she was still a young woman, and didn't act too much like a kid.

"I'all be having a big steak. What about you? We can split the bill. Why don't we hang out some more, too? I kind of want to talk about what I asked this morning."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 pm

"To a limited degree, I am able to." He responded in kind. slowly, the strange mist began to cloud Ilun's vision. Rapidly, he switched through various visuals, attempting to regain a visual, but not no avail. Gradually being blinded, small sensors that normally rested flush against his head perked up, along with tiny, hair-like objects along his metal forearms, back and legs. What he could not see, he would still have some perception of the world around him, a vestigial relic of the Drone form he presided in.

"Can you see what is occurring?" He spoke in Dronic, curious if Darius, too, was blinded by this ominous, expanding cover.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Rygondria wrote:Sir Reginald Crowley walked out of the bar in the building. He was going to his room to collect his bear traps because he was going on a hunting expedition to the nearby woods to capture what he heard was the white stag.As he walked in he realized that his captured Boa constrictor Samia Had escaped from his cage and was now loose in the building. He thought to himself," i cant go in the bloody woods when a dangerous predator is on the loose in the premises i need to find him before it kills some one or eats somthing that it is not supposed eat or before it gets killed". So he walked out of his room and started to track down the snake hoping that it was not eating some ones pet.

As Crowley steps out into the hallway he spots a strange figure moving towards him. Its strangely difficult to make out at first because of its inconstant texture but soon it becomes the figure of a woman whose skin is a myriad of different shades of grey and covered with withering lines and curves that seem to be a set of strange geometric power. She is totally naked save for a large amount of jewelry around her wrists, ankles and ears all of which shines with strange colored light. Her eyes and hair are blazing shades of orange that flow like lava. She walks with a dark grace that mimic a subtle dance and looking at her Reginald could see that something was off about the look in her eyes and she had a hair raising presence. Insidious paused in front of him and stared at him like a child my look hungrily at a new pet "Greetings, I don't reckon i've seen you around here before." her voice was pristine and elequant with a hint of texas accent.

Mincaldenteans wrote:"Bah! You should say it with more pride, ChryS. We were in history itself and we faced enemies few could ever match! Rejoice in the journey, my friend, it was an adventure none could ever hope to match!" Mezran said boastfully. He wanted beer but refrained from asking, he would get his own ale in due time. "Traveled to my homeworld, we did, to a time of the magnificent Kahless the Unforgettable, a time of war and prosperity. A time where Klingons truly knew their place in the universe! We came upon the ancient city Varth, as ChryS mentioned, its high gates guarded by bronze statues of Kahless and his mate Lukara, and took shelter in a guild house that was recruiting warriors for the upcoming battle the next day.

"There we feasted and celebrated, as warriors from all over the homeworld had come to partake in Kahless' campaigns. We ourselves sought the filthy petaQ'pu called tribbles. These filthy hairy beasts are a dishonorable species who only replicate themselves while stripping the resources they infest themselves in. And what a glorious battle it was!" Mezran's paused a moment with crooked-teeth grin and let his deep voice resonate through the hallway.

Primordial nodded and handed Mezran another beer. "Very interesting. How was the culture their i've. Im always anxious to hear about new places."
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:54 pm

There wasn't supposed to be anything extraordinary about the maiden flight of the Tycho. It may have been a prototype vessel with revolutionary engines based on incredibly complex mathematical equations, but the vessel itself was supposed to be more important than its trial runs. Wave function collapse engines, Methane Hydrate fuel. The most advanced technological creation in the Western Hemisphere and ever made by a ship designer, much less an orcish one, was truly a vessel ahead of its time. Something that could act as a beacon of hope in a world on the evening of its darkest night.

But unfortunately, the voyage was to become more important than the vessel itself.

Matuk awoke with a sudden flash of life and realization. His body ached, feeling as if it'd been running for an afternoon while being stretched and tussled around. That, complimented by a fuzzy memory and the distant smell of burning, and Matuk was certainly in for one of the worst moods he'd had in ages. Not even during those 72-hour workshop marathons of designing what was to power the Tycho, not even from when he'd been ridiculed in front of the entire Ministry of Research board over his idea. The feeling of having been near-death, or perhaps even dead, had that effect.

But as he groaned onto his feet from lying flat on the ground, the realization came to him that he wasn't where he'd remembered being not too long ago. There was grass underneath his scorched boots, and the air smelled somewhat of the ocean: this was a far cry from what the muddled images in his head told him. This was a forest of some sort, not unlike those of Eastern nations back from Yasuda (*was* this really still Yasuda? Where was this place?).

Gripped by a newfound search for answers, and with no distinctive clues around him was to what had just happened, a scorch-marked Matuk began to walk forwards. He gradually made his way through the light clearing and made his way onto 42'nd Subabsurdus Street, and the sights in Matuk's eyes bolted them wider with the surprise of a battering ram. Cars that looked years ahead of those that he remembered, humans walking the streets as if it was a scene from an Eastern film. He needed to find out where he was, discover exactly where he'd ended up. His mind was now picking up the pace, and attempting to process prior events and what was going on in the current.

Surely he could enter that building over yonder: a decent-sized building which looked somewhat like an apartment building of sorts. If this was anything like the Eastern countries, perhaps there was a doorman who could inform him of exactly where he'd ended up. So Matuk approached the door, didn't immediately notice the sound of automatic weapons fire and fighting, and opened it up. Needless to say, the sights inside made the culture shock of a few moments ago seem like a boring day with one's grandparents. Strange scaled creatures were attacking one another with claws and weapons that were stripped from a sci-fi story; a strange robotic girl thing was in a corner of the lobby (assuming that it was an apartment building).

This was not normal. None of this was normal. "GAH!", escaped from Matuk's mouth as he stumbled backwards from the door to the lobby with shock. He promptly stumbled for a few miliseconds before falling onto his rear, the door to the lobby hanging open and his mind dazed from the surreal situation.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse