NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal SC# 144 Liberate Liberal Haven

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Repeal SC# 144 Liberate Liberal Haven

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:45 pm

The Security Council,

Recognizing Liberal Haven is a peaceful community, which does not engage in aggressive hostile actions against any other region,

Realizing Liberal Haven was invaded by an aggressive multinational force which assumed the delegacy, and placed a secret password in place, whilst simultaneously beginning to eject the native population,

Confirming this hostile action by aggressive foreign forces, goes against the Security Council's mission of spreading inter-regional peace and goodwill, Liberal Haven was liberated by Security Council resolution #144, thus allowing defender forces to enter the region, and return it to native control,

Shocked that the nation of Asquithania, was able to assume the delegacy and began ejecting the native population once again, in an attempt to refound the region under their control, against the natives wishes,

Noting the regional natives desire to refound the region under their own control,

Understanding that without the ability to password protect Liberal Haven, the region remains highly susceptible to refound sniping, should the natives attempt to refound without the ability to password the region beforehand,

Thus Believing native rights should take precedent over the wishes of the international community as a whole, and the ability to protect the region should be rightfully returned to native control,

Hereby repeals Security Council Resolution #144 Liberate Liberal Haven.

Let's try this one instead. Feed me feedback please....
Last edited by Sedgistan on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Stickying At Vote res
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 pm

A bit preemptive don't you think? The natives already wrote one up, yours may be slightly better written, but I think native authorship is more important and looks like it will make Queue.

Plus you've already authored multiple resolutions, why not give the native a chance to become an author too.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 pm

The Stalker wrote:A bit preemptive don't you think? The natives already wrote one up, yours may be slightly better written, but I think native authorship is more important and looks like it will make Queue.

Plus you've already authored multiple resolutions, why not give the native a chance to become an author too.

Because this one will actually pass, and I would rather not have a repeal that looks like it was written by a three year on the books. If a native wants a co-author tag for this, they can TG me...
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:20 pm

I think the other one will pass. It already has 40% of the approvals needed and over two days left. The WA usually passes these kind of native requests.

Furthermore I find it to be a very elitist way of thinking that a forum regular has more of a right to author a region's resolution than the natives themselves.

They're the ones with the rightful claim to the resolution.
Last edited by The Stalker on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Mad King of Hell
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:17 pm

The Stalker wrote:I think the other one will pass. It already has 40% of the approvals needed and over two days left. The WA usually passes these kind of native requests.

Furthermore I find it to be a very elitist way of thinking that a forum regular has more of a right to author a region's resolution than the natives themselves.

They're the ones with the rightful claim to the resolution.

Have I submitted it yet? If the other one fails to achieve quorum for a second time, then I will submit this.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Fair enough, didn't realize it was their second attempt since their thread is only a day old. But still, seems like it be better to collaborate with them.
Last edited by The Stalker on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mad King of Hell

Corrupt Communists
Lobbyist

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Corrupt Communists » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:46 pm

If it fails during the second time then submit it. you have my permission

Corrupt Communists
Lobbyist

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Corrupt Communists » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:43 am

Also, why is TBR crap going through the SC, while a native-wanted resolution is possibly stalling for the SECOND time?

Hypocrisy much?

Berdanvia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Berdanvia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Everybody vote to Repeal Liberate Liberal Haven!!! It will help the natives secure their region with a password, without one, they are an easy target for invasion.
Last edited by Berdanvia on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:28 pm

According to the discussion on the other thread, seems like the people seeking the repeal are of questionable origin, and possibly raiders.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=311644

At this point I doubt it will get a repeal, and probably shouldn't.
The Mad King of Hell

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:56 pm

The Stalker wrote:According to the discussion on the other thread, seems like the people seeking the repeal are of questionable origin, and possibly raiders.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=311644

At this point I doubt it will get a repeal, and probably shouldn't.

Yeah.... I noticed. I will leave it open, and continue to take comments should the actual natives want their regional sovereignty back in the future....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Captain Woodhouse
Envoy

Founded: Dec 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Woodhouse » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:25 am

Chester Pearson wrote:
Shocked that the nation of Asquithania, a sleeper from Right Wing Uprising was able to assume the delegacy and began ejecting the native population once again, in an attempt to refound the region under Nazi control

Totally false as are the majority of your misguided, histrionic assertions.
Last edited by Captain Woodhouse on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Leningrad Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Leningrad Union » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:31 am

Against. A native should write this.
I founded Madrigal and Confederacy of Allied States. However, I have given up my power in both. I reside in Iraq currently. Come join me!

Parody of typical NSG sig:

NSG's resident Liberal Gay Atheist because there's totally no other liberals, gays or atheists here!
Impeach GP, Legalize RP, NSG 2016!
Mallorea and Riva should resign
*Insert some uneducated statement about how I support a stupid ideology that I heard about in my middle school social studies class*
*Insert some typical liberal and/or edgy statement about Gaza and/or Ukraine*

some popular TETer wrote:Leningrad iz kewl

some dude that agreed with me on a debate wrote:Just listen to Leningrad!

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:15 am

The Leningrad Union wrote:Against. A native should write this.

:meh:
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:18 am

Hypocrisy much? :eyebrow:
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:01 am

DWAsnia wrote:

Hypocrisy much? :eyebrow:

Not sure which hypocritical moment you are referring to.
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:11 am

Lexicor wrote:
DWAsnia wrote:Hypocrisy much? :eyebrow:

Not sure which hypocritical moment you are referring to.

This.
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:49 am

Against. If Liberation resolution stays valid, TBR have another permanent practicing ground for the Art of Electing Delegate. Talks about "peaceful community" in Liberal Haven are total BS.

Histrionics are irrelevant, Captain Woodhouse.

The UDL's C. Pearson tries now increase his personal esteem with this trash draft, main reason I'm against this. Draft will be totally irrelevant as long as TBR Overlord Halcones, Marshals of TBR and many high ranking officers of TBR as well as long time organisators of TBH and LWU are not considered as a condemnworthy by the Security Council.

The Raider Unity will fight against defender hegemony over the Security Council decisions.

Republic of Minerva
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Minerva » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:12 am

Shocked that the nation of Asquithania, a sleeper from Right Wing Uprising

Right Wing Uprising has been dissolved, just saying.
Last edited by Republic of Minerva on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired former military general of Libertatem
Economic Right: 8.38 Social Libertarian: -5.95

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:52 am

Republic of Minerva wrote:
Shocked that the nation of Asquithania, a sleeper from Right Wing Uprising

Since when?
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Republic of Minerva
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Minerva » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Republic of Minerva wrote:

Since when?

About a week ago. There should be something to clear that up to avoid confusion.
Last edited by Republic of Minerva on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Retired former military general of Libertatem
Economic Right: 8.38 Social Libertarian: -5.95

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:56 am

Bumping for feedback....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:58 am

What is point of this repeal if the Region is going to be refounded?

If refound will be success then Liberation of the region stays valid and in effect, but it is meaningless because of new Alive founder. Liberation would still make the region more safe and secure then it would without it.

Background assumption here is that WA-SC Liberations intended purpose is make region more secure and safe by preventing delegate imposed password. Region with alive and active Founder is more secure if Liberation is not repealed as the Founder (executive) can always set that password if needed (for what ever reasons) and founder can also make Delegate access non-executive for better security. Repealing Liberations are non-sensical in every imaginable cases, also with ancient regions without founder. Thus why waste time of Security council for repeals?

Exact time of refound and/or refound attempt is not determined by WA-SC liberations. I tend to think all kind extra publicity is generally bad if a region is going to be refounded. You submit repeal and everyone are then aware...

"Aha! They are going to try refound. Let's take this region under more constant surveillance."'

Cimmerian Recommendation: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8412653
Last edited by Cora II on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:14 am

Precisely why the liberation needs to be repealed. Also why the region needs more stackers when it happens....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:34 am

Current WAD of Liberal Haven: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=cartanis 1 Endorsement. Liberated by WA-SC resolution #144. Other regional stats irrelevant for a search of targets.

Precisely the reason why it would be no-brainer, Chester. Raiders need something to Tag.

If Repealed, then: Raiders need something to Invade. :P
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives