NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:19 pm

I is so confused by the adorable animal posts.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Giovenith wrote:
The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:I can only hit my stride in short bursts, when I can keep all the character concepts straight and know what is going on. I often amazed how much I've changed my characters, constant tweaking and revisions. Never how I want it and becoming a mess of contradictions..

It's alright, I can get that sometimes with Gio.

"I can't believe my past self was so shortsighted! This new idea is even better than the old one!"
*wait 5 minutes, then repeat*

Primordial Luxa wrote:Greetings how are things?

Got a splitting headache from staring at this screen. I'll write tomorrow .

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I feel that my past in here carries weight on me still, even if I've been accepted back again.

I usually tend to associate the events with that of the game Spec Ops: The Line, especially the end.

I didn't mean to hurt anybody.

We know. :) We're glad you're back.

Say and call me what you will, but I think that that event may have given me acute PTSD. There's just so much anxiety and stress associated with that particular point in my life. I went from on top of the world, to rock bottom in not even five seconds. You just don't go through that as a person and not get some kind of scar.

But...I could go back. I could say that the User of this dimension in Bielefeld hasn't arrived yet. I could play me entirely as a mundane. No powers or anything like that. Just me...

I suppose this would be a great time to tell them what else I've been going through, eh Cer?
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Giovenith wrote:I is so confused by the adorable animal posts.

teehee ^_^

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Greetings how are things?

Cerillium wrote:Prim I'll wait for Dani before replying. I'll see if she wants to try to pick up Aegis' trail or else head back.

Sounds good. Is the optical thing I mentioned alright? I tired to make it as passive as possible.

Works for me.

@Gio. Your OP and CoOPs are being driven batshit crazy by nation play so we're decompressing.

Might make an interesting player challenge. Use their designated animals to write a realistic response. People get caught up in chatting when they RP. They forget that the body speaks, too.

@Mon. You know, that would be a great idea. User wouldn't have powers, and she'd be freshly arrived, clean slate. She needs a better name. Also, revealing is your choice. Your heart is the best guide.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Cerillium wrote:Might make an interesting player challenge. Use their designated animals to write a realistic response. People get caught up in chatting when they RP. They forget that the body speaks, too.

It defiantly looks fun perhaps later we could make it a thing for everyone?
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Cerillium wrote:@Mon. You know, that would be a great idea. User wouldn't have powers, and she'd be freshly arrived, clean slate. She needs a better name. Also, revealing is your choice. Your heart is the best guide.

I feel I should give her a better name. Perhaps scramble them up and turn them into Ruse? Hmm...

And yeah, I think that's something I need to do to avoid any further confusion of "Mon, if you're a guy then why are you RPing yourself as a girl again?" Well, because I've done some hard thinking over the past half a year and some soul-searching and talking with my therapist and I've come to realize that there's a good solid chance (about 80% or so but I think I'll truly know once I get out of the house) that I'm transgender.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Might make an interesting player challenge. Use their designated animals to write a realistic response. People get caught up in chatting when they RP. They forget that the body speaks, too.

It defiantly looks fun perhaps later we could make it a thing for everyone?

it may be a thing indeed. We're really decompressing, but there is an idea in the clouds that could be really fun -nodnod-

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:32 pm

I'm learning about honey badgers. I have to break character on their temperament slightly or it wouldn't work in this setting. They take out tourist trucks. They also use tools. I don't mean a stick to get honey. Full blown "screw you, human!" tools!

@Prim. We can.

@Mon. Makes sense to play a female character for that reason.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Monfrox wrote:I feel I should give her a better name. Perhaps scramble them up and turn them into Ruse? Hmm...

And yeah, I think that's something I need to do to avoid any further confusion of "Mon, if you're a guy then why are you RPing yourself as a girl again?" Well, because I've done some hard thinking over the past half a year and some soul-searching and talking with my therapist and I've come to realize that there's a good solid chance (about 80% or so but I think I'll truly know once I get out of the house) that I'm transgender.

Mon, there's absolutely nothing wrong with realizing who you are, or being confused about it, trust me, I went through that.

*Gives many hugs too*

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Cerillium wrote:I'm learning about honey badgers. I have to break character on their temperament slightly or it wouldn't work in this setting. They take out tourist trucks. They also use tools. I don't mean a stick to get honey. Full blown "screw you, human!" tools!

@Prim. We can.

@Mon. Makes sense to play a female character for that reason.

I have next to nothing on civets past a few (very short) vids on youtube and wiki info, so I'm just rolling with it and hoping it matches its cute furry face :lol:

I totally want a civet now

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Cerillium wrote:@Mon. You know, that would be a great idea. User wouldn't have powers, and she'd be freshly arrived, clean slate. She needs a better name. Also, revealing is your choice. Your heart is the best guide.

I feel I should give her a better name. Perhaps scramble them up and turn them into Ruse? Hmm...

*hugs*

Welcome to the club hon. I am too.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:40 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I feel I should give her a better name. Perhaps scramble them up and turn them into Ruse? Hmm...

Mon, there's absolutely nothing wrong with realizing who you are, or being confused about it, trust me, I went through that.

*Gives many hugs too*

Seconded, be yourself.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:43 pm

See Mon? You've family here. Be you. Being you is good.

Mincaldenteans wrote:I have next to nothing on civets past a few (very short) vids on youtube and wiki info, so I'm just rolling with it and hoping it matches its cute furry face :lol:

I totally want a civet now

They're unique in their taxonomic breakdown. Do they make good pets?

PL turns 2 years old tomorrow. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=200092

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Hmm...that'd be a challenge indefinitely...I'll need to do some serious thinking if I'm going to go with it.

If that doesn't work, you can try to work with other things you're interested in. For example, while I like art, I also like criminology and psychology (though I'm no expert like Tilt) hence where Princess Tiffany and *SPOILER* future one-shot characters came from.

I fail at psych-experting. :p Except cognitive psych. Thanks, though.

Giovenith wrote:I think pretty much any well-done character has a piece of ourselves in some aspect. Gio has more stuff related to me, but that's mainly because she's older. If anything, she's more of how I perceive my own thinking process.

I'd agree with that. My best chars, I think, are Chrys (here, obv) and Arelle (my stock Star Trek char).

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:I can only hit my stride in short bursts, when I can keep all the character concepts straight and know what is going on. I often amazed how much I've changed my characters, constant tweaking and revisions. Never how I want it and becoming a mess of contradictions..

That's how I feel about Dora.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
If that doesn't work, you can try to work with other things you're interested in. For example, while I like art, I also like criminology and psychology (though I'm no expert like Tilt) hence where Princess Tiffany and *SPOILER* future one-shot characters came from.

I fail at psych-experting. :p Except cognitive psych. Thanks, though.

Giovenith wrote:I think pretty much any well-done character has a piece of ourselves in some aspect. Gio has more stuff related to me, but that's mainly because she's older. If anything, she's more of how I perceive my own thinking process.

I'd agree with that. My best chars, I think, are Chrys (here, obv) and Arelle (my stock Star Trek char).

That's how I feel about Dora.

Your stock trek char is totally not stock, that kind of awhsumness doesn't come by erryday, mmkay? :3 also tacklehugs

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks guys. It means a lot to me.

On that note, I'll get the app up for me soon. Should I stick with my real name? I mean, I'd use it even as a girl. I like my first name. Other people do to.

Achievement

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:00 pm

I must ask this at least once a month...but am I good at writing for PL?

I'm always myself. I got that country swag :p

Turn down for what.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Monfrox wrote:Thanks guys. It means a lot to me.

On that note, I'll get the app up for me soon. Should I stick with my real name? I mean, I'd use it even as a girl. I like my first name. Other people do to.

Bran uses his real name. I don't see a problem with it. The only confusion comes when we're talking about char!Bran. "Why is Bran such an idiot! I can't believe he went with the Drones for a full body wax!" might be taken as us meaning Bran the person and what he wrote rather than (negative) commentary on the character. It can be difficult to mentally separate 'me' from 'character'.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Will return shortly. Need to catch up on D:NS.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Your NS Nation's Nickname:Mon-Mon

Character Name: Brit

Character Gender: Female

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): 20 years old, 6' 0", 139 lb, dark brown hair, hazel eyes.

URL to Character Picture, if any: This will work

Primary Skill or Power: N/A

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: N/A

Secondary Skill or Power: N/A

Character Background/Biography: Brit was a twenty year old from the state of Michigan. Born and raised, he grew as a young boy in the Lincoln Park area before moving out at the age of seven to a more rural place. He met many people, and only the select few became his friends. He participated actively in Boy Scouts until he grew sick of how the other scouts were acting and quit to join the Civil Air Patrol at the age of twelve. He has learned much, forgotten even more, and has his own ways like everyone does. As straight-laced as you can get, while still having the mouth of a well-educated sailor and a heart of fucking gold along with a Michigan accent.

It was one day while he was deep in thought, his vision went black and he felt the world around him swirl in a gale. When he came too, he was in a large city alley in unfamiliar territory with only the clothes on his back and the few things he carried in his pockets. However, not only had he been unknowingly dropped into Bielefeld as he was about to find out, but he had also crossed over into the opposite gender as a side-effect. Now, Brit strives to make sense of the situation and hope that there's something that won't kill her.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: I'm not even sure...

URL to Apartment Picture: http://mikeandmarissa.net/wedding/blogs/media/blogs/a/ftrileybarracks.jpg

Link to RP examples: I've been here.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:Brit came into Bielefeld through ways she's not even sure of and with a complimentary sex change to boot. Getting used to the new body is going to be the least of her worries as she now has to live life anew in this city. With still so much left unsaid and so many questions unanswered, she'll keep her steadfast and stubborn nature to keep going and find something in this place for her.

My friends and I agreed in the past that if I was ever to be Rule 63'd I'd pretty much be Ibara Naruse from Coppelion.
Last edited by Monfrox on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:Your stock trek char is totally not stock, that kind of awhsumness doesn't come by erryday, mmkay? :3 also tacklehugs

Oof! :D

Soz and thanks.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:29 pm

Will post for others later tonight.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 pm

I'd be swaggin' as R63 me...

But I actually get bored RP'ing guys, or people too much like me. I like...variety.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Your NS Nation's Nickname:Mon-Mon

Character Name: Brit

Character Gender: Female

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): 20 years old, 6' 0", 139 lb, dark brown hair, hazel eyes.

URL to Character Picture, if any: This will work

Primary Skill or Power: N/A

Secondary Skill or Power: N/A

Character Background/Biography: Brit was a twenty year old from the state of Michigan. Born and raised, he grew as a young boy in the Lincoln Park area before moving out at the age of seven to a more rural place. He met many people, and only the select few became his friends. He participated actively in Boy Scouts until he grew sick of how the other scouts were acting and quit to join the Civil Air Patrol at the age of twelve. He has learned much, forgotten even more, and has his own ways like everyone does. As straight-laced as you can get, while still having the mouth of a well-educated sailor and a heart of fucking gold.

It was one day while he was deep in thought, his vision went black and he felt the world around him swirl in a gale. When he came too, he was in a large city alley in unfamiliar territory with only the clothes on his back and the few things he carried in his pockets. However, not only had he been unknowingly dropped into Bielefeld as he was about to find out, but he had also crossed over into the opposite gender as a side-effect. Now, Brit strives to make sense of the situation and hope that there's something that won't kill her.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: I'm not even sure...

URL to Apartment Picture: http://mikeandmarissa.net/wedding/blogs/media/blogs/a/ftrileybarracks.jpg

Link to RP examples: I've been here.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:Brit came into Bielefeld through ways she's not even sure of and with a complimentary sex change to boot. Getting used to the new body is going to be the least of her worries as she now has to live life anew in this city. With still so much left unsaid and so many questions unanswered, she'll keep her steadfast and stubborn nature to keep going and find something in this place for her.

My friends and I agreed in the past that if I was ever to be Rule 63'd I'd pretty much be Ibara Naruse from Coppelion.

Looks good Mon. Approved. It'll be a while before I can add her to tabs. I'm tackling stuff up North in the diplomacy threads. Remind me if I forget to do it tonight!

Your apartment can be an apartment. You don't have to keep the dorm style. Someone made a joke a while back about players and their chosen character dwelling spots. Those that lived and home or in dorms frequently showed a dorm or bedroom. Those that lived on their own frequently showed the living area of an apartment.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse