NATION

PASSWORD

WA member logo...

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
JURISDICTIONS
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

WA member logo...

Postby JURISDICTIONS » Thu May 20, 2010 9:05 am

As many of you are members of the WA, you have the green bar on your nation page...

So here is my question..

Why is there a "UN-looking" logo on the bar? (the reef thing is on the left side of the logo)

Last edited by JURISDICTIONS on Thu May 20, 2010 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me "Juris" for short. Also, you don't have to type my nation name in all caps either.
Last edited by Max Barry on Mon Jan 01, 0001 12:01 am. Edited 000000000000 times in total.
Takaram wrote:Irony. Rule 4 prevents a repeal based on Rule 4 violations, meaning that Rule 4 does not comply with Rule 4. It should be struck down.
Kingdom of Great Britain - Lord Chief Justice
The East Pacific - Viceroy (Chief Justice) and Viceroy Designee (Asst. Chief Justice)
Osiris - Elder (Justice)

Asbest
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Asbest » Thu May 20, 2010 11:46 am

Perhaps you should host the image, because I, as well as many others, are very skeptical about untrusted downloads.
"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."
~Karl Marx (1875)

Oh my Days
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oh my Days » Thu May 20, 2010 12:08 pm

JURISDICTIONS wrote:As many of you are members of the WA, you have the green bar on your nation page...

So here is my question..

Why is there a "UN-looking" logo on the bar? (the reef thing is on the left side of the logo)

The predecessor to the WA was the UN, based on the RL version, until they took legal action.
Citizen of The East Pacific and Osiris

JURISDICTIONS
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby JURISDICTIONS » Thu May 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Asbest wrote:Perhaps you should host the image, because I, as well as many others, are very skeptical about untrusted downloads.

The image is here... right on NS; it is on every nation page that has joined the WA.

The Image is that green block that says "WA MEMBER" "WA DELAGATE"

The Reef comes from the UN, why is it not the WA logo?
You can call me "Juris" for short. Also, you don't have to type my nation name in all caps either.
Last edited by Max Barry on Mon Jan 01, 0001 12:01 am. Edited 000000000000 times in total.
Takaram wrote:Irony. Rule 4 prevents a repeal based on Rule 4 violations, meaning that Rule 4 does not comply with Rule 4. It should be struck down.
The East Pacific - Viceroy (Chief Justice) and Viceroy Designee (Asst. Chief Justice)
Osiris - Elder (Justice)

Asbest
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Asbest » Thu May 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Oh, I do apologize. I misunderstood the problem.
"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."
~Karl Marx (1875)

JURISDICTIONS
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby JURISDICTIONS » Fri May 21, 2010 5:42 am

So do you think it could be change...

Turn that little reef into the WA 'slices'
Osiris - Elder (Justice)

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Fri May 21, 2010 1:38 pm

JURISDICTIONS wrote:So do you think it could be change...

Heh, good eye - I hadn't noticed that.

Current picture:

So instead, you'd just have this:

JURISDICTIONS
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby JURISDICTIONS » Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 am

yes.
Osiris - Elder (Justice)

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Mon May 24, 2010 7:43 am

That's actually a really good idea. We had big discussions over the logo so why not incorporate it further?
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Mon May 24, 2010 7:47 am

Naivetry wrote:
JURISDICTIONS wrote:So do you think it could be change...

Heh, good eye - I hadn't noticed that.

Current picture:

So instead, you'd just have this:

Make's sense to me! :)

-- Added to the Big list, by the way.

Strathy
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strathy » Mon May 24, 2010 7:55 am

You know, I hadn't realised until you brought it up.
The United Kingdom of Strathy and the Strathan Realms |Þe Ríaƺiŋ Aoniƺtit off Straðye ā þe Straðicſh Lændes | Rìoghachd Aonaichte Srathaidh is Dúthaichan Srathaidhnach
Fortune Favours the Audacious
Factbook

Monarch: His Majesty Seumas I MacPhadraig Uitail, King of Strathy, Emperor of the Strathan Realms
Prime Minister: The Right Honourable Sir Arthur Whitegrave KC KStr. MP (Democratic Labour)

This is nation does not reflect my views except for when it does. Left leaning Scot, pro-independence, twenty-something student/academic trying desperately to avoid the real world
Pro - Not being a right dick
Anti - Being a right dick

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Mon May 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Just realized that this happens with the WA Delegate label, too.

Old:

Proposed:

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Mon May 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Goodness, well-spotted. Fixed.

Thanks for the images!

Edit: May not show up immediately for everyone due to browser caching.
Last edited by [violet] on Mon May 24, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Mon May 24, 2010 10:44 pm

You're welcome, and thanks for the quick fix. :)

Oh my Days
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oh my Days » Tue May 25, 2010 5:31 am

I don't know if it's true and I can't remember where I read it, but I heard that the url for the WA page stayed as it was to stick two fingers up at the RLUN, I assumed that the same would be true here.

JURISDICTIONS
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby JURISDICTIONS » Tue May 25, 2010 9:47 am

[violet] wrote:Goodness, well-spotted. Fixed.

Thanks for the images!

Edit: May not show up immediately for everyone due to browser caching.

You are welcome (for my sharp eyes catching on it)[violet], I had always wondered why it was and then after re-reading "Material" over "Cease and Desist" I realized that it needed to be changed!
Osiris - Elder (Justice)

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed May 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Oh my Days wrote:I don't know if it's true and I can't remember where I read it, but I heard that the url for the WA page stayed as it was to stick two fingers up at the RLUN

No, it was just because we couldn't be bothered. We would have had to set up redirects for everyone who bookmarked/linked to the old URLs and it seemed kinda pointless. It's not a trademark issue like the titles and images were.

Oh my Days
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oh my Days » Thu May 27, 2010 3:11 am

[violet] wrote:
Oh my Days wrote:I don't know if it's true and I can't remember where I read it, but I heard that the url for the WA page stayed as it was to stick two fingers up at the RLUN

No, it was just because we couldn't be bothered. We would have had to set up redirects for everyone who bookmarked/linked to the old URLs and it seemed kinda pointless. It's not a trademark issue like the titles and images were.

Right, thanks for clarifying that.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical