NATION

PASSWORD

Sword of Corruption [Fantasy/OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Sword of Corruption [Fantasy/OOC/OPEN]

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:56 am

Sword of Corruption: The Return

Archive Thread
IC Thread
Spotted a great IC post? Put it here!

It is the year 4294 of the Imperial Calendar.

Ever since the death of the last Emperor, roughly 1200 years ago, the nobles of the land have been bickering, fighting for power, be it with words or by decapitating their rivals. Obsessed with power, but a rare few of the Empire, now led by a Council, even took note of the tide of monsters engulfing their lands. It were those few that did see what was becoming of the once proud Empire of Hone that first founded the Order of the Bloodied Martyr, a Knightly order focused solely on protecting the realm of monsters. Everyone was allowed within the Order's ranks, be they commoner or noble, man or woman, a hard worker, sturdy warrior, or a sneaky thief, as long as they were pure of body and mind, and dedicated to their purpose.

For over a thousand years, the Knights of the Order of the Bloodied Martyr have kept the Empire of Hone safe from harm. Judge, jury, and executioner all in one, the Knights travel the realm, killing monsters of both a more fantastical and a more... human kind. It is now that the Order faces its darkest hours. The Grand Corrupter, Rizoyn Corpsebiter, is returning. His agents working to prepare the ritual required to fully bring Rizoyn back, assembling at the evil fortress of Rueparath. Spread throughout the Empire, the Knights must track down these foul servants of Corpsebiter, working together from anywhere in the country, while also not forgetting to neglect their duty of killing the world's filth. By any means necessary.

OP: The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Co-op:The Templar High Council.

Hey you. Yeeaaahhh you. Were you looking for a Fantasy (Character) Roleplay? That's cool man, that's real cool! You've come to the right place, then! In this (slightly grim?) RP, you will be part of the Order of the Bloodied Martyr, fighting monsters in the Empire of Hone, and seeking to stop the villain every roleplay needs - aside from that, everything's up to you! Race, gender, whatever! You're free to do as you wish, although there'll always be the overarching plot and I, or my co-ops, might steer you into a direction if we like. Read on if you're interested, and take a look at what our setting is, and what your awesome abilities are as a Knight of the Order of the Bloodied Martyr (that's quite a mouthful, eh?)!

The Gods, and the Empire of Hone
You're not required to read this, but I recommend you do!

Thousands of years ago, there was eternal peace. The world was, in many ways, a paradise. The gods walked among the land, harvests were bountiful, and life was good. Millennia passed, until the year 208, in the Common Calendar, which would later become the Imperial Calendar. The Gods were fickle creatures, many of them loathing each other, all of them trying to outdo their kin. Though the exact reason is unknown, 'war' broke out between several of them. The mortal creatures, in their wisdom, remained neutral, but as one of the Gods beat his foes, the Gods saw, together, what devastation they had brought upon the world. No longer was it perfect. Saddened and enraged both, the Gods left, opting to create a new, perfect world. Only one of the Gods remained, Rizoyn, the God of Glory. Through the confusion sown by the Gods abandoning the world, he managed to unite the lands once again, into the Empire of Hone. Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, men: all were united once again under the God of Glory's reign. For eight years, Hone rebuilt, mortals and God alike working together to return the world to the paradise it once was.

But then, disaster struck. The Gods had finally taken note that there was one of them missing: the God of Glory. Rather than bringing him back, the vengeful Gods turned on their brother, and unbeknownst to the mortal people they returned to Hone one last time. Rizoyn vanished, the Founder of the Empire vanishing for three long years. When he returned, the Gods had left again, and the once proud God had been twisted, corrupted into his roots. The God of Glory returned at the fortress of Rueparath in full power, but no more was he Glorious: he had changed into the Arch-Corrupter. The lands around the Fortress changed, corrupted by the primal power surging from the insane god. Thus, the first monsters were formed, the lands around Rueparath changed into a spawning ground for the filth.

For twelve years, monsters surged forth from their birth territories around Rueparath, and at their head was Rizoyn, the Arch-Corrupter himself. It was but until champions of all races united and faced the fallen god that he was finally defeated - for the moment. Rizoyn's body was torn apart, his remains spread throughout the nation to be hidden until the end of times. The sword of the former God of Glory, the Sword of Corruption, was taken by an unknown man, who disappeared within a day. The champions of Hone's races formed a Council, and dictated that a new Emperor be chosen, and that beneath this Emperor would be his Eternal Council. Thus, with a new Emperor with a council with attendees of all races, the Empire of Hone stabilised, and the monsters of the Arch-Corrupter were driven back. In the year 3097, the last Emperor of Hone died, and power was handed over to the Council. A Knightly Order was formed to combat the monsters, it's members authorized to do anything deemed necessary for their purpose. Hone lived on, but it did not prosper in the hands of power-hungry nobles, and soon the Arch-Corrupter shall return...

The Empire of Hone spreads the entire known world, and is home to lush forests, vast plains, massive deserts, swamps, and huge mountain ranges all. A map will be added shortly.

Races of the Empire

Many races live within the Empire of Hone, and all are spread throughout the world.

Humans: You know that guy/gall in front of that screen through which you're watching this? Yeah, that's a human. By far the most numerous of people in the Empire, mainly due to their fertility and ability to live seemingly everywhere, and to adapt to harsh living conditions.

Dwarves: Dwarves are small, heavy-built humanoids. Dwarves are staunch and unforgiving. While humans die of age, Dwarves do not, and thus a Dwarf may hold many grudges in his life, seeking out vengeance upon those that did him wrong. Dwarves mainly live in mountain ranges, either in cities built under the ground or against the mountain slopes. Dwarves are rather fond of gold and jewels, and are quite greedy.

High Elves: High Elves are a proud people. Like the Dwarves, the Elves do not die of age, and the Elves are immune from most diseases. High Elves tend to have a love of nature and peace, and will do much to protect these two things - no matter how terrible. The High Elves usually live in giant cities built into forests, near mountains, or by the sea.

Dark Elves: Dark Elves are the pale-skinned, cruel kin of the High Elves. Dark Elves tend to be sadistic creatures, and like the High Elves they do not die of age, nor disease. The Dark Elves are, like their kin, fast and agile, and they usually live in the far north, near the seas.

Orcs: Orcs are strong, tough creatures with green skin. Orcs are made for war, heavily muscles and with a mind generally only capable of violence, and other things relating to war. Orcs are the only creatures that are represented on the Eternal Council that reproduce asexually - Orcs are born in "breeding pits" in their villages, through unknown means. It is unknown if Orcs can die of disease or age; none so far have grown very old.

The Rules

1. No godmodding and/or metagaming
2. Do not insult other people in the OOC, and do not use the IC to insult people.
3. OP and Co-OP's word is law.
4. Do not break the canon established above. If you have any questions, just ask! If you feel like adding something, tell me!
5. No oneliners. Try to post at least one to two paragraphs of text per post. A paragraph should at least be 4 sentences of moderate size.
6. All NS rules apply.
7. The RP will, naturally, include mature content. Keep your depictions in line with the NS rules.
8. Only two characters per player!
9. Obligatory line about having fun.
10. Highest level of tech you can have is a pistol. These buggers, that is.

The App

Finally! You made it! You reached the app! Where others have fallen before you, lost to the sea of text above you, you made it! You have been chosen! (that actually sounds more like a Bioware game than I intend) Finally! You can start filling it in now, for you surely wish to join this RP-o-awesome, don't you?

Code: Select all
[size=125][u]Application form[/u][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Personal belongings:[/b] Equipment, potions, and so forth. Casting spells required good 'ole mana.
[b]Bio:[/b] Two paragraph minumum.

Wewubsyoudutch <---- Don't delete, it's for finding apps (and for making me feel better).
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 am, edited 11 times in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:57 am

Lexicon

Your average monster hunter's guide! Will be added shortly, and will be updated with new entries regularly. Includes a list of monsters!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:57 am

Atlas Infernal
Current Map

Caer Gildore is the Capital City of the Empire of Hone, and lies roughly at the center of the Realm. It is here that the Eternal Council meets to discuss matters of great import, and where lesser government officials and nobles administer the day-to-day activities of the Empire's governing body.

Rueparath is the Fortress-City that first saw the return of Rizoyn, as the Arch-Corrupter. It is in the lands surrounding this city that many of the monsters that blight the realm are spawned. The Fortress-City is gigantic, at eight miles wide and just as deep - not that big for a city, but certainly for a fortress. Rueparath was the original capital of Hone, and it was, and still is, the Arch-Corrupter's seat of power. The walls are made of pure obsidian, and it is rumored to have been constructed by the Gods themselves in better times. The Fortress-City has many tiers, each new layer higher than the other, with a new set of walls. The City currently appears to be empty.

Aracia is a moderately sized city, and serves as a bastion against anything that could come from Rueparath that would head for Caer Gildore. It's walls are high and tough, and the city has both a relatively high guard force and army presence.

The Glacier Bridge is the only connection to the northern landmasses by land. It is formed of a massive glacier that runs across the frozen ocean, and is populated by several tribes, and a relatively high amount of monsters of varying size.

Nordwald Hold: A unoffical micro-state constructed out of a collection of noble lands within the Empire of Hone, it is visibly administrated by Baron Totenkof and the rest of the House of Trelane. Unbeknowst to most, it is also the heart from which the secretive Thule Society operates. It serves as the last "civilized" bastion for travelers going to the northern continent, as the outer most of Wisenthal reach The Glaicer Bridge.

Duchy of Westwood: A large duchy under control of the empire, and is located in the west, by the sea. It is mostly covered with large forests and hills, with a large city in the middle - City of Westwood. It is a fortress city, with big wooden walls and forts. The Duke of Westwood resides here.

Heathen Desert: A large, nearly inhospitable desert tha covers most of the south-east. It is similar to the real life Sahara, and is mainly only populated by nomads. Many bandits reside here. Only a few settled villages are in the desert, and constantly suffer from sandstorms and hot weather. Most travellers avoid this place and travel around it by sea.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:09 am

Tga.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Acroticus
Senator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Acroticus » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:09 am

Tagged for massive interest, app incoming! (Or should I wait until the map gets up... it would be useful to know cities and such for the character app!)

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:11 am

Don't know jack about Monster Hunter. But I like hunting monsters.

Tell the guys in Dragon Age. They'll love it.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:12 am

The Templar High Council wrote:Don't know jack about Monster Hunter. But I like hunting monsters.

Tell the guys in Dragon Age. They'll love it.

Good thing it ain't about the silly Japanese game, then!

Acroticus wrote:Tagged for massive interest, app incoming! (Or should I wait until the map gets up... it would be useful to know cities and such for the character app!)

I can only start on it tomorrow (20:12 here at the moment). As a compensation for that I'll adept the map to conform with stuff in people's apps (I'm cool like that).
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:36 am

Also, if you have suggestions, feel free to tell me either through TG or here, using

Code: Select all
[size=125]Suggestion[/size]
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:48 am

]Application form
Name: Prince Aerian
Race: High Elf
Appearance: http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... /ossir.jpg
Personality: Aerian, or as he calls himself, Prince Aerian of Westwood, is, like many Elves, nature-loving and relatively peaceful, but he is also incredibly proud of his heritage and incredibly arrogant, as well as cocky. He believes himself to be the strongest High Elf of them all, and is willing to fight the best to prove so, even allowing them to reach levels of power beyond his own.
Personal belongings: Aerian has a set of armor that he usually wears, as well as a sword and a longbow. He carries all of his weapons with him, and while they weigh a lot, Aerian shows no difficulty moving or running, possibly because he has trained to be able to carry such weights. Along with that, he has a small wallet with a few coins, a short knife fo preparing food or for a secret attack and a quiver with arrows.
Bio: Aerian was born to the Duke Akeroth of Westwood and his wife Sizu. As a firstborn, he had a lot of attention from his parents, who wanted him to become a good heir. Aerian was living great for his whole life - he ate the best food, had the best clothing and dozens of servants. He travelled far and wide to meet new people, especially many soldiers and war heroes.

This pushed Aerian to become a knight, a warrior. His parents disapproved, but they could not do anything. At the young age of 12, Aerian joined the Army, and his talents there were beyond comprehension. When he was 16, he was one of the most feared and powerful elite members of his father's forces. The arrogant prince wanted more, though. He left his home city and became a wanderer. A few years later, he joined the Order, and was a part of it since.

Wewubsyoudutch <---- This is not true.

Also, Westwood is not an independant duchy. It's a vassal of the Empire, feudal style. Also, it' located in the West.
Last edited by Finland SSR on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:52 am

Finland SSR wrote:]Application form
Personality: Aerian, or as he calls himself, Prince Aerian of Westwood, is, like many Elves, nature-loving and relatively peaceful, but he is also incredibly proud of his heritage and incredibly arrogant, as well as cocky. He believes himself to be the strongest High Elf of them all, and is willing to fight the best to prove so, even allowing them to reach levels of power beyond his own.
Personal belongings: Aerian has a set of armor that he usually wears, as well as a sword and a longbow. He carries all of his weapons with him, and while they weigh a lot, Aerian shows no difficulty moving or running, possibly because he has trained to be able to carry such weights. Along with that, he has a small wallet with a few coins, a short knife fo preparing food or for a secret attack and a quiver with arrows.
Bio: Aerian was born to the Duke Akeroth of Westwood and his wife Sizu. As a firstborn, he had a lot of attention from his parents, who wanted him to become a good heir. Aerian was living great for his whole life - he ate the best food, had the best clothing and dozens of servants. He travelled far and wide to meet new people, especially many soldiers and war heroes.

This pushed Aerian to become a knight, a warrior. His parents disapproved, but they could not do anything. At the young age of 12, Aerian joined the Army, and his talents there were beyond comprehension. When he was 16, he was one of the most feared and powerful elite members of his father's forces. The arrogant prince wanted more, though. He left his home city and became a wanderer. A few years later, he joined the Order, and was a part of it since.

Also, Westwood is not an independant duchy. It's a vassal of the Empire, feudal style. Also, it' located in the West.

Looks alright. I do suggest you make him older, however. 29 is quite young for an Elf.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:00 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:]Application form

Looks alright. I do suggest you make him older, however. 29 is quite young for an Elf.

He is quite young.

Age increased a bit. I don't want him to be an old geezer.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Suggestion

Playable Beast people.
Last edited by Lavan Tiri on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Lavan Tiri wrote:Suggestion

Beast people.

They'll be there. As monsters, most likely :P

@Finland That's a tad better, although he's still very young for an Elf. On the other hand, that can only serve to make him more arrogant, no? :P

L'accepted.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Tag

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:09 pm

I'd like to join, but would I have the same problem as in the DA thread?
I cannot watch youtube, so please stop giving me links there.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Ulvenes wrote:I'd like to join, but would I have the same problem as in the DA thread?

I hope not, but probably.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Setinel
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:06 pm

I need to finish reading, but I'll sign up.
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Tag
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:12 pm

So lazy... But app... And homework...

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:15 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:So lazy... But app... And homework...

I'm with you there. I feel so tired, I either have to laugh or cry :lol:
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Setinel
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:41 pm

But I wanted to be a shardmind....

Y U NO MAKE SHARDMIND RACE?
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Ulvenes wrote:I'd like to join, but would I have the same problem as in the DA thread?

In accordance with this I'd also like to know if I would be able to actually keep up with the thread if I could make one of my signature wolf girls?
I cannot watch youtube, so please stop giving me links there.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Application form
Name:Asram Mirith
Race:Human
Appearance: http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2 ... 2a8hcj.jpg
Personality:Asram is strong willed and can sometimes be stubborn. He has a strong sense of morality and right and wrong. He is compassionate and kind, and often too trusting. He can sometimes be pessimistic, but is a hopeful optimist deep inside.
Personal belongings: A longsword, bow and a quiver of arrows, a horse named Dauntless, bag of basic foods and medicine. He also carries a hunting knife that was a gift from his parents.
Bio:Asram was born into a noble family in the Empire. House Mirith has ruled over the province of Dasmil for many generations and was hurt by the arch-corrupters attacks and therefore harbor a significant dislike and distrust of monsters and beasts.
Asram was born to Lord John and Lady Elarith as their first born child. From a young age Asram showed a great ability in combat and an intelligent mind. He also showed a charismatic and charming personality that had people lauding over him and waiting for the day he would become lord. However, Asram never much cared the attention and in his youth became fascinated with monster hunting and becoming a hero. At the age of 18 he shocked everyone when he decided to join the knight order, instead of becoming lord of Dasmil. For three years Asram has worked for the order and he seeks to be the one to finally save the kingdom.

Wewubsyoudutch <---- Don't delete, it's for finding apps (and for making me feel better).

Asyir
Minister

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Tagged for interest. I probably will post an app up when the map comes up.
Team Pelinal for life!

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Tag, I'll make an app today or tommorrow.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse