NATION

PASSWORD

The Academy of Almost Gods: Most of You Will Die(OPEN AGAIN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Which Rp should we go ahead and do?

Season Two
53%
Season Two with a new thread
20%
Intermission(Seperate squad of Almost Gods fighting a malfunctioning God-Robot)
20%
Intermission with a new thread
7%

Total votes : 15

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Academy of Almost Gods: Most of You Will Die(OPEN AGAIN)

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:56 pm

You ever wondered about the interworkings of the transition between Angel and Archangel from both a logical and biblical standpoint? I mean, if they even "transition" that is; differing on the branch, it is suggested that Angel are created and are a constant throughout time. This brings to light the chicken and egg situation, or rather a larger argument all together in whether or not anything we do can elevate our status from simple matter.

Nerd!

Oh god, did I just bully myself? Jesus, alright, moving on.

So anyway, Angels, Demons, Vampires, the whole lot, all real. Yep, every myth you've ever heard, excluding the Mothman, was reality at one point or another. I'll let that sink in. Alright, you good? Cool. The world was in relative harmony, Angels hung out upstairs, happy with their vaguely totalitarian form of government, the Demons down there in the underworld, only harvesting our mortal souls when they get bored, monsters had been routed deep underground, and Humanity lived on, oblivious to its extrodinarily powerful neighbors.

Well, I suppose all good things come to an end right?

The mythical Midnights were resurfacing. Werewolf packs all but reclaimed Western Europe, bad blood was taking its toll between the Archangels and High Demons, and they knew they could take Earth with a hand behind their back. Humanity, as usual, was oblivious to the mounting war, and those of us who actually knew the things that were aiming to exterminate us are few and far between. So, we all got together, the thirty of us, and decided to build an army of our own.

It was a ragtag group at first, I mean, thirty "Wizards" isn't much when you're fighting the armies of Hell, Heaven, and the Night, but it turns out, some Angels didn't didn't think we were all that bad as a race. After that we started getting more and more members of more and more variety, mainly young activists rebelling against their assorted hierarchies. Called ourselves the Almost Gods and fancied ourselves Crusaders for a better world, even built huge, walled fortresses to house our warriors. And it worked, it's amazing who'll listen to you when you have an army at your back; we were able to prevent a war that would've killed us all. That was twenty years ago.

No one fights fair. Not Heaven, Hell, or us. You fight the war that hasn't even been declared yet and you goddamn better win. We all knew that going in. But at this point, we're not winning. Hell, we're not even a player.

We lost most our numbers to assassination, betrayal, and just flat out desertion, nearly all our our keeps sit in ruin, and of the original thirty, six remain alive. There's me, Yvette, Tony, Jason, Alek, and Nacy.........Yvette's in an asylum in Belgium, driven mad by torture recived not in Hell, but Heaven. Tony and Jason are in comas, they'd actually just decided to get married when a group of "muggers" left the two most powerful men I know bloodied and dying in a goddamn back alley.

No no, I'm fine, I just haven't thought about it in.....years.

Alek's.....God who knows where, he went off to survey what "may be a new breed of Midnights" popping up in bumfuck Austria, but he never came back. I know he's alive because every so often he broadcasts his thoughts to the six of us. He only screams. And Nacy, sweet Nacy, she was only sixteen when all this started you know, was bitten by a vampire and is currently leading their charge against Humanity. And me, I wasn't the strongest, smartest, or even the tallest, but now I am. And now I have to step up.

So that's why I opened this school. That's why I opened our ranks to.....children. And that's why, if we're gonna survive this, we need all the goddamn help we can.

So is it a yes or no?
Utceforp wrote:The Academy of Almost Gods: Where the magic is taught by a computer, the use of weapons is taught by a Slenderman terrorist, and the math is taught by an alcoholic sociopathic child-hating wizard.

Attention all newcomers, here's a summary of what's happened so far: First day happened, then a party, at said party, the seven deadly sins appeared, they were fought and defeated, several losses were reported, afterwards it was found that the Catholic Church was attacking campus, survivors of the party fled with the headmaster down a tunnel while most other teachers stayed and fought the church, after escaping into the Romanian countryside, the survivors made their way to a town, boarded a plane, and arrived at a hotel in France.

Have fun.

Each student attending the Academy takes several entrance exams at the beginning of their first year, each one aiming to pinpoint their strengths and weaknesses. There are four categories, Intelligence, Combat, Magik, and Aura, the first of which being the most literal, in a strict sense that is. It's exam is that of the normal human world, math, science, history, etc. thus Humans, who've already revived outside schooling at the time, tend to excel in this area. Combat and Magik are roughly in the same boat, each one has a physical exam in which to either fight tournament style against your classmates, or compete aha ain't one another in a magical duel. Respectively of course. And finally, Aura, the "easiest" test, in which you are simply read by a magic user and given your score.

All exams are scaled 0-100, 0 being quite possibly the least qualified student ever. Of all time. And 100 being so pantsshittingly amazing that you could probably take most, if not all, of the faculty members in the school on in a fight. By yourself. With no arms. And a slight cold.

After each test is issued, students are placed in one of the four classes below, despite they only stand for organizational purposes. An example of this being that students are permitted to not only leave, but take up residence in either of the two villages near the school.

Class A
Each class is a mix of good and bad traits, the prestigious Class A is no different. Their students are hand picked to be the most gifted in Intelligence, and Magik, as well as the worst of the Aura examination. As a result, their overall skill is relatively unmatched, as they believe, by any of the other three classes.

Class B
Fighters. The top Combat test scores, regardless of their other strengths, are placed in Class B. They are the second most populous class as well as the the resident "police force's" main supply of fresh recruits.

Class C
Average test scores and high Auras are sent here, Class C (The C stands for Cool, as in "A D? Cool!") They have the most members and the most forgettable back stories.

Class D
Imagine if a Hufflepuff graduate banged a Hunger Games Tribute that died off camera, and the resulting child had its own love child with a one of James Bond's love interests. Basically the place the school tosses the ones who will inevitably kill both themselves and, possibly, hundreds of people. That and the assholes.

Core Classes-
Math and Arithmetic
Chemistry and Varying Sciences
Supernatural and Mortal History

Electives (3 to each character)-
Note* Each class adds bonus points to one's stats.....so add them
Advanced Sciences, Maths, and Historical Studies (+2-Intelligence)
Magical Studies (+2-Magic)
Athletics (+2-Strength)
Acrobatics (+2-Speed)
Applied Combats (+2-Combat)
Spiritual Studies (+2-Magic)
Weapons (+2-Weapons)
Advanced Weaponry (+3-Weapons)
Sports Team of your choosing (+1-Intelligence and +2-Strength)

Now, while anyone can apply to the school, despite many rejections, the Academy boasts record making and breaking level of diversity. This includes beings of other planes of existence, vessels of the Essence, Angels, spawns of Satan himself, a few superheroes, vampires, 18 year old gods, and more!

Humans
Personally, I view Humans as the Multiverse version of that one weird guy at your office that's always hanging out around the water cooler. He's almost always there, annoys people with his dumb ideas or jokes, and it's a whole lot more peaceful when he's absent. Anyways, Academy accepted Humans have two categories, Magic and Abnormal. Magic students, obviously, have unlocked their aura, somehow, and are capable of performing spells, enchantments, and otherwise magical badassery. Abnormals, on the other hand, have little to no magical abilities, instead they utilize powers, not unlike the super beings in comic books. Their powers are seemingly a random mutation in human genetics and produce a vast array of abilities.

Angels
I once watched a television show, let's call it Upernatural, where the main protagonist, Ean, described angels as "Dicks with wings". That's pretty accurate. Mind you there are dozens of Heavens, after lives, and reincarnation circles in act in this world, yet the only divine beings who interact with other cultures seem to be Abrahamic in origin. And with that out if the way, let's move onto the hierarchy. The denizens of Paradise, as it's sometimes called, are of three categories, Archangel, Seraph, and Guardians. Guardians are the weakest of the three, relying mainly on hand to hand combat in altercations, few, if any, attend the academy. Seraphs are next on the list, the lieutenants, these guys are the marines to the Guardians Army. They fuck shit up and don't ask questions.......but still, mainly rely on hand to hand of otherwise physical combat, and don't have a strong presence in the school. Archangels, however, occur when one of the other two ranks is chosen by the Ether to receive the Knowledge. Basically, they're hooked up the the very heart of the universe and given a jump start. Suffice to say, they're powerful sons of bitches, and, not sufficed to say, are often killed during their "Rebirth".

Demons
Yeah. They're here too. Why? Nobody really knows. They just started showing up one day and, apparently, the Academy is required to accept a motherfucker who can blow up a city block with his mind. Anywho, Demons come in a few favors; you've got the basic lesser ones and the foot soldiers, neither of which have ever entered the school. Then you've got the Black Mages, demonically possessed humans, and Upper Beasts, red skinned and tailed humanoids, the most common. And finally you have Spawn. Demons from the lowest pit of Hell who were actually spawned from Lucifer himself. Basically take the destructive power of an F18 jet flying directly into a gas station, average that, and you have their capabilities.

New Gods
Hmmm, these shits are a bit hard to describe so I'll just jump right in.

9:47PM on January 29th, 1996, one hundred and fifty houses, cabins, etc. around the world exploded. In each case the entirety of the family was in the home and had just recently brought an infant into it. These children, all only a few montages apart, we're the only survivors. Now, since this is the real world, and we're don't leave obviously demonic babies alone, the authorities took charge of the babies and put them up for adoption. Some got picked, some didn't, sad kids, crying, you get the gist. Around 2011 it was apparent these, now 15 years old, kids, weren't normal. Each one now boasts a vast array of powers that manifested at random and each one embodied a single aspect of life, ideal, or animal within those powers. So that's where the god name came from, and, as one may expect, they are incredibly powerful, many were actually abducted by Academy staff members in order to secure their attendance.

Midnights
Monsters, beasts, creatures, entities, and spirits. Imagine all of those words are racial slurs. Well they are to every vampire, werewolf, ghoul, or otherwise haunty folk that make themselves known to others. Now apologize for reading that you bigoted son of a bitch. Midnights, as they are collectively called, basically consist of every story, urban legend, or camp fire tale you've ever heard. The more civilized monsters(sorry), normally humanoids generally, are capable of attending the academy, should they show extreme aptitude as mages or warriors that is.

The Essence

The religious cosmology of the universe is complex, with many pantheons of Gods co-existing alongside each other. It includes elements from multiple religions, mythologies, and modern concepts. Yet there is a being that seems to exist outside of both mortal, and godly bounds: The Essance. A seemingly omnipotent, and omnipresent, Creator figure who, actually, regularly visits the mortal plane. It takes many forms, men, women, non binary, animals, chairs, yet always promotes a feeling of utter peace and calm when encountered. So, to recap, the God of this universe is all powerful, incredibly involved in its creations, and may or may not appear in the form of a schnauzer before giving you fatherly advise about a girl or some shit.

Rules:
I am the OP, and my word is law. Unless, of course, you can provide a good and logical argument against it.
No one-liners; preferably 5 lines per post.
Follow the site's rules.
No godmodding, metagaming, etc.
Respect your fellow RPers.
If you are leaving the RP, please let me or someone know

Applications

Human/Angel/Demon App
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][i][size=100]The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities[/size][/i][/align][hr][/hr]
[i]Given and/or Used Name-____________________[/i]
[i]Age/Date of Birth-__________[/i]
[i]Sex-________[/i]
[i]Year at School-__________[/i][i]*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*[/i]
[i]Personality-[/i]
[i]Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences-[/i]

[align=center][i]Photo and/or Description of Student[/i][/align]
[i]Species-___________[/i][i]*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply[/i]
[i]Eye Color-________[/i]
[i]Hair Color-_________[/i]
[i]Height-__________[/i]
[i]Weight-__________[/i]

[i]Super or Magical Abilities-[/i]
[i]Class-(A/B/C/D)[/i]
[i]Classes Requested-______[/i][/box]

New God App
[i]Sex-________[/i]
[i]Year at School-__________[/i][i]*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*[/i]
[i]Personality-[/i]

[i]Species-___________[/i][i]*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply[/i]
[i]Height-__________[/i]
[i]Weight-__________[/i]

[i]Domain and Powers-[/i]
[i]Class-(A/B/C/D)[/i]

Midnight App
[i]Sex-________[/i]
[i]Personality-[/i]

[i]Height-__________[/i]
[i]Weight-__________[/i]

[i]Abilities and Advantages Provided by Species-[/i]
[i]Class-(A/B/C/D)[/i]

Teaching positions will eventually become playable.......probably

Power Grid
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[u][b]Basic Powergrid[/b][/u]
[b]INT:[/b]
[b]STR:[/b]
[b]DUR:[/b]
[b]SPD:[/b]
[b]FS:[/b]
[b]MAG:[/b]

[u][b]Weapons Proficiency Grid[/b][/u]
[b]Blunt:[/b]
[b]Knives:[/b]
[b]Swords:[/b]
[b]Axes:[/b]
[b]Spear:[/b]
[b]Bow & arrows:[/b]
[b]Crossbow:[/b]
[b]Handguns:[/b]
[b]Sub-machine guns:[/b]
[b]Assault Rifles:[/b]
[b]Sniper Rifles:[/b]
[b]Shotguns:[/b]

***Please Note: Topping off a scale is not allowed, they're really just there for reference***

Basic Powergrid (INT, STR, DUR, SPD, MAG, FS)
Years 1-3 can spend 16 points in the basic power grid, 4-6 can spend 20 points, and 7+ can spend 23 points.
Used for solving puzzles, picking locks, detective work, or building things.

Equivalence Levels:
0 - Mindless
Mindless drone, driven by primal instinct. Or just a vegetable. Either way, you are very, very dumb. Although, you are a prime candidate for the television show, Jersey Shore.

1 - Tiny Brain
Well, at least you have a brain, but you have difficulty focusing, and multitasking is a miracle. You don't pay attention in class, which means you're generally not a very good student, so you might survive a couple of years alone. Anything that could be considered even remotely complex is too much for you to handle.

2 - Below Average
You can focus for short periods of time, and you can multitask, but it's difficult. You're starting to realise what a pattern is. You probably have a passing grade in some of your classes, but you'll probably have to redo a few years to graduate. You might survive 50 years if you graduate, but I wouldn't be surprised if you decide to turn to alternative employment. After all, they could always use more employees at the fast-food chains....

3 - Average
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, but at least you understand what that expression means. You can multitask, but neither task is done very well. Patterns and formulas do not come to you naturally, but when faced with the same event again, you can apply previous knowledge. You're probably passing all of your classes, so you might survive a while alone. Here, have a C average, it's on the house.

4 - Above Average
You're a productive member of society, and get good grades in most if not all of your classes. You can work diligently in an environment, and can figure out logical solutions to patterns and formulas. You're probably going to survive a few hundred years, provided your species is able to. You probably discuss politics and world affairs in your free time.

5-6 - Genius
OK, you're pretty damn smart. You're passing all of your classes with flying colours, and you'll probably invent a water generator or death ray or some shit. You probably discuss philosophy in your free time.

7-8 - Computer
Whelp, looks like the Terminators are here to kill Sean Connery, I'll be in my basement,

This is for when you attack someone physically, with punches and such.

Equivalence Levels:
0 - Pathetic
Is it possible to give a swirly through the internet? Let's find out.

1 - Weak
Have you ever done physical activity in your life? Oh, you walk between your classes? I guess that sorta counts.... Could be a lot worse.

2 - Average Human
OK, so you work out sometimes. But honestly, you're pretty weak for a student.

3 - Fit Human
Yeah, you work out at least a couple times a week. You're stronger than most humans, but for a student you're pretty average.

4-5 - Bodybuilder
OK, you're strong even by Academy standards.

6 - Peak Human
OK, you're as strong as your human anatomy could possibly allow you to be.

7-8 - Magic
Seriously. The only way you could possibly get this strong is through magic.

This decides your stamina, vulnerability to different weapons, and how much damage you can handle.

Equivalence Levels:
0 - Fragile
Body is weak, frail, sickly or possibly underdeveloped. Your stamina and general physical constitution could be likened to that of either an infant or an elderly person. Either way, it's probably best you not get into fights; or any kinds of physical activity, for that matter.

1 - Average Human
You probably don't work out. You can take a few punches from an average person, and the average student would crush you in a second. Your stamina is pretty low too. You can run for a few minutes before exhaustion. On a good day.

2 - Fit Human
Reasonably physically fit but nothing too special. Can take some degree of damage but still vulnerable to everything. Maybe you work out regularly, run some laps sometimes. Your stamina isn't impressive, but it's not underwhelming either.

3-4 - Athlete
Physically fit, tougher than the average person, more resistant to damage but altogether still human. You're very athletic. Running marathons are no big problem for you and you can take a beating in a fight.

5-6 - Peak Human
Extremely fit. You've reached the peak of human durability. The amount of damage and pain you can withstand is almost superhuman. Almost. Participating in martial arts competitions or marathons would just be unfair. You can function at peak capacity for long amounts of time.

7-8 - Magic/Demon[/u]
Seriously. The only way you could possibly get this durable and such high stamina is through magic.

Equivalence Levels:
0 - Pussy (Cannot walk on your own)
1-2 - Average (6-12 mph / 10-20 km/h)
3 - Above Average (12-20 mph / 20-30 km/h)
4-5 - Track Runner (20-25 mph / 30-40 km/h)
6-7 - Olympian (25-30 mph / 40-50 km/h)
8 - Magic (30-45 mph / 50-75 km/h)

Equivalence Levels:
0 - No Powers
You have no magical powers. Seriously. Absolutely nothing. You might not even know that this magic thing exists.

1 - Decent, I guess
I suppose you could call this a power. It's pretty shitty though. You know maybe 5 spells. Most young demons are at this level.
You might be able to conjure a pebble or a match-head of fire or able to befuddle 5 seconds of a mortal's memory (but you couldn't choose which 5 seconds) or disintegrate a soul's finger.
Uh.... You might be able teleport half a foot in a random direction. If you're lucky. You might be able to heal a paper cut in a minute or so.

2 - Below Average
You obviously have magic, but it's flawed and unrefined. You probably only have a year or two of experience. You probably know about 20-50 spells. Most older lower demons are at this level. A stone or a small fireball are conjurable. Maybe a few blades of grass.
You can teleport yourself a few feet in the direction of your choice. You might be able to teleport yourself between worlds if you're lucky, but you couldn't choose where you'd end up. You can heal an average cut or scrape in a few minutes, a large cut or scrape in about 10 minutes, and a broken bone in a few hours.

3 - Average
You probably have a few years of experience. You probably know about 100 spells.
You can conjure a fireball, smokescreen, small plant or the like. Nothing too destructive, though. You can destroy an average soul with relative ease. You can dispel an attack cast by someone using magic level 2 or below, and reduce by half the effectiveness of an attack cast by someone using level 3 magic, but can't stop an attack of a higher level.
You can teleport fairly proficiently both within and between worlds, but you couldn't go farther than a kilometre or so at a time. You should be able to heal most minor injuries in thirty seconds, and major in minutes (cannot start regenerating until damage has stopped, i.e. if you’re being burnt or electrocuted you can’t begin the regeneration process until you are no longer being attacked). Things like regenerating a lost limb would still take almost a day and would be impossible in a battle. You can absorb a Wanderer soul to fuel your magic.
You can use telepathy with a few different people at a time, either in a group conversation or mutually exclusive, as long as they're within about 20m/65ft. You can also sense others within a range of about 10m/30ft, but only if you concentrate. You might be able to bind someone for a few minutes, but only if they don't struggle very much.

4 - Above Average
You probably know about 150-200 spells. In terms of power, think one of the better benders in Avatar. You can take care of the average poltergeist pretty easily, but higher-level poltergeists and the average demon would still be quite difficult.
You can conjure pretty much anything that can fit inside an average stall shower and isn't heavier than the caster. However, complex machines (such as computers) are still far too difficult unless they actually know both how to build one and the components. Destroying souls and deteriorating mortals' minds are both relatively easy. You can dispel an attack of level 2 or below and reduce by half the effectiveness of a level 3 or 4 attack.
You can teleport groups and create portals pretty easily and go pretty damn far, and travel between worlds is easy (and you can pinpoint more or less where you want to go). You can heal slightly faster than at level 3.
You can carry on telepathic conversations with several people at a time over about 100m/330ft. You can sense others within a range of about 20m/65ft. You can probably bind someone for up to 10 minutes if they struggle, or an hour if they don't.

5 - Master
You know about 200-300 spells. You might not even have to say it aloud. You can dispel attacks of level 3 or below and reduce by half the effectiveness of a level 4 or 5. You can teleport groups easily and travel across an average-sized city with no problem. Minor injuries are gone in seconds and major in a minute. You can regrow lost limbs in under 5 minutes.
You can communicate telepathically over a few kilometres/miles. You can sense others within about 100m/330ft. You can bind someone for up to 30 minutes if they struggle, a few hours if they don't. You can create a shield that defends against most physical and magical attacks.

6 - Demon
You know around 500 spells. Very few teachers are at this level, and no students are. Only a few shamans have every reached this level. High-level demons are this.

7 - Essence
If you have this much power, you are The Essence

Your fighting skills.

Equivalence Levels:
0 - Comatose baby
You don't even have any basic fighting instinct. How have you survived this long?

1 - Untrained
You have no training and little to no experience. You almost lack the ability to throw a decently placed punch and would stand no chance in a hand to hand fight with someone with even a little bit of training. You must be a First Year.

2 - Trained
You've clearly paid some attention in class; or you have experience from before you died. You would still have a hard time competing with someone who is well trained, though you're no pushover.

3 - Well-Trained
You have good marks in your Physical Combat class, and you may have either been trained in martial arts or had been in many fights before you died. You know how to fight fairly well compared to the average human.

4-5 - Master
You're a combat specialist who has been taught how to fight very well. You've achieved the highest rank possible in a single martial arts style, or have enjoyed extensive training in several forms of combat. You're a better fighter than most of the other students, but you'd probably lose against a graduate.

6 - Sensei
You've mastered at least one or more fighting styles, or maybe you have learned a few styles to supplement the one you've mastered. Even Master Martial Artists would have great difficulty fighting you.

7-8 - Magic
Again: The only way you could possibly get this good is through some serious magic combined with rigorous training. Your skill is beyond human limits, and your reaction time far exceeds that of a normal human.

Weapons Proficiency Grid
1-3 can spend 12 points in the weapons proficiency grid, 4-6 can spend 19 points, and 7+ can spend 25 points.
Blunt (bats, police batons, crowbar)
Knives
Sword
Axes
Spear
Scythe
Bow & arrows
Crossbow
Handguns
Sub-machine guns
Assault Rifles
Sniper Rifles
Shotguns

Equivalence Levels:
0 - Incompetent
Its not that you are merely untrained with this weapon. Rather, you just can't fucking figure out what the hell you're supposed to do with the thingy you are holding. Like picking up a sword and saying, "Now where the fuck is the trigger on this thing?!"

1 - Untrained
You've probably never used this weapon before, but you at least have a basic understanding of what it does. Your skill with this weapon is worth shit (you might not hit the broadside of a barn from ten feet away), but at least you can use it.

2 - Trained
OK. Now you can wield this weapon decently. Still, you can't do anything amazing.

3 - Well-Trained
You've obviously received advanced training, and can pull some pretty cool moves. You're like an LAPD SWAT member with an AR: you're definitely better than the average officer, but nothing too special.

4 - Weapon Master/Skilled Marksman
Now we're talking. You definitely know your weapon, inside and out. You can pull some seriously cool shit, like accurately shooting from five-hundred yards away with a rifle on a rather windy day. You're like a Green Beret with an M-16.

5 - Navy SEAL
How the hell did you get this good? Seriously, nobody but the most fucking elite soldiers can wield that weapon like you. Some devote their whole fucking lives to that weapon and never get as good as you. You lucky bastard...

6 - Like Death with a Scythe
This shouldn't be possible. Your weapon is a mere extension of your own body. You now can pull just about whatever stunts you want with that thing.

Bonuses
Commandment numbero uno, ranking memebrs of any club get +1 point to spend anywhere they want. In the weapons powergrid, you get +1 on the weapon type that is your primary weapon if you are in Years 1-3, and +2 if you are in Years 4-6+. Additionally, if you have any points left over in any of the powergrids, you can apply them to another powergrid.

Note: Barely modified version of Nightkill the Emperor, Lilth, and Nature Spirit's power grids, respectively

Alright, Sit the Fuck Down Boys and Girls....It's Time for the Frat, Sorority, and Clubs Section

Frats-

Sororities-

Clubs-
Last edited by Joshulia on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:50 am, edited 86 times in total.
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Accepted Characters
The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Aleki Ralevon
Age/Date of Birth- August 27th, 1977
Sex- Male
Years at School- Well he is the Headmaster....so all of them
Personality- Over the course of twenty years he's seen all of his friends die or taken away from him and that, obviously, has taken a large toll on his psyche. A brooding fellow, he hides pain with small jokes or quips before, eventually and inevitably sinking into a depressed or angry state in which he mostly drinks and/or runs the school.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- See OP for his later life I guess, as for the details on his teen life, however, they remain safely locked up and overly guarded within his own head.

Species- Human
Eye Color- Brown
Hair Color- White
Height- 6'2"
Weight- 176lbs

Super or Magical Abilities- Relative knowledge over most aspects of Magic[/box
[box]
The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Azrael (or just Az really)
Age/Date of Birth- Uh.....the dawn of time?
Sex- M
Year at School- 5
Personality- Imagine the divine figure that you associate with religion. Got it? Good. Now, crumple that idea up and throw it in the trash. Azrael is basically the anti-religious figure parents warn their kids about. He's a stoner, basically an atheist or at least he believes there's no all powerful Christian God, and generally displays most sinful traits than an entire frat house of fish people. However, due to his angel physiology, he can neither display emotion sins, nor get drunk.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- WIP

Species- (Following the death of the previous) The Archangel of Death/The Grim Reaper
Eye Color- Black
Hair Color- Brown
Height- 5'8"
Weight- 156lbs

Super or Magical Abilities-
Soul Manipulation (more or less)
Death Sense
(Jesus Fucking Christ) Grim Reaper Physiology
Class- A
Classes Requested- Spiritual Studies, Advanced Weaponry, and Swimming(Sports)
played by Joshulia

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- He goes by Moloch.
Age/Date of Birth-18.
Sex-Male.
Year at School-4*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality- Batshit insane, but like Sheogorath in Skyrim: light-hearted.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Ok, so, first off, he was………born. Blam. Blew your damn mind, didn't I? But the key is, he was born KIM Un Ko, son of KIM Jong Un, and when the proud papa brought baby KIM home, well………bye-bye Pyongyang. After a UN team found the lad, sitting on his dad's ribcage, puking up carrots, they decided to be good people and took him to an orphanage in the south, where he was never adopted. Apparently he scared the parents. And other kids. And the teachers. And trained soldiers. But, in the manner of the crazy, he was oblivious, even to the fact he literally was shut in a rubber room, which he chewed out of, and swam to Ireland, causing The Great Dublin Fire of 2031, and thirteen deaths. After killing the entire Irish police force with a sneeze, Moloch swam on his back to America, where he smelled much cheese, and found the Academy.

Photo and/or Description of Student

Moloch, not with dyed hair.
Species-New God*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color-Green.
Hair Color-Dyed Blue.
Height-6'1
Weight-152.2lbs.

Domain and Powers-Domain:Chaos.
Powers: Madness Manipulation.,
Insanity Constructs,
And very minor Chaos Control.

Class-D
Classes Requested-Advanced Weaponry.
Magical Studies.
Spiritual Studies.
played by Lavan Tiri

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Amina Pickman
Age/Date of Birth- December 5th, 1999
Sex- Female
Year at School- 4
Personality- She neither goes out of her way to avoid other people, but also doesn't go out of her way to make friends. Curious about what she refers to as "normal people", she still occasionally stumbles over social interaction. An idealist tempered with a bit of cynicism. Picked up from her temporary magician mentor, she views magic as an advanced science, and wishes to understand more about it. While it's not actually kept a secret, she finds being a Ghoul slightly embarrassing, due to the whole "cannibalism" thing, so she goes out of her way to not bring it up.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Amina's family claim decent from Satan/Iblis himself. While some of their older members are Spawn, by the time Amina was born the bloodline was heavily diluted and her branch of the family was entirely Ghouls. Taking up residence in the Mojave Desert, she and her family led travelers astray in the form of Hyenas or other people, then ate them. Her clan was encountered by a graduate from the Academy of Almost Gods when they attempted to lure away and eat a young girl and her family. Amina ended up eating the girl before the magician could stop her. Her parents were killed, but she survived. She took on the form of the girl she had eaten, and the magician took pity on her, since she was acting on essentially animal instinct. He temporarily adopted her for a year or so, essentially teaching her how to live like a normal person, and teaching her English through telepathy. After he decided she was ready, he sent her off to the Academy. That was five years ago. Now, she's a permanent resident of the Academy. The name "Amina Pickman" is one she gave herself, after researching into the mythology and history of Ghouls.

I'll get to this. If anyone has any suggestions for a picture, that would be great.

Species- Ghoul (The demonic shapeshifters of Arabic folklore, not the monstrous zombies of European folklore)
Eye Color- Blue
Hair Color- Blond
Height- 5'3
Weight- 130 lbs

Super or Magical Abilities- Shapeshifting into any human form she has eaten and partially or fully into the form of a Hyena. Not really an "ability", but it's important to note that she can only metabolize human flesh, so the Academy has to do some gravedigging to feed her, and she doesn't eat with the other students for obvious reasons.
Class- A
Classes Requested-
Advanced Sciences, Maths, and Historical Studies
Magical Studies
Applied Combat
The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Full Name- The Syracuse Mechanism
Age/Date of Birth- 54 BCE/ 2068 years old (but it looks 2067)
Sex- No, thanks
Years Teaching- Eight
Personality- Very, very, very selfless. To the point of sometimes being annoying. Curious about reality in general, despite being over two millennia old it has a very childlike quality to it. Very idealistic. It approaches magic as a science - study, experimentation and repetition, and the assumption of consistency, are how it learns and teaches the subject. Paradoxically, it is also rather jaded. While it finds the world fascinating, it is growing bored with existence in general, and it is slowly, gradually starting to realize that it wants to die.
Brief Biographical Essay of Teacher's Life and/or Experiences- In the first century BCE, several complex mechanisms were created by Greek scholars. The earliest simply tracked the movement of the stars, but as the machines grew more complex, the idea of a thinking machine gained prominence among some groups. This would have been an impossible dream with the knowledge and technology of modern day - let alone two thousand years ago. However, deep research into the supernatural sciences allowed the scholars to create a machine that was more complex than the human brain, the same forces allowing them to grant it sentience. Scholars in Syracuse were the first to create this device, resulting in the Mechanism. It was created to be a servant to humans, and design new ways of thinking and discover answers to old questions. To think in complete isolation, it was sealed underground so that it could calculate its answers without human interference. It was intended to be unearthed in one hundred years, but one of the scholars who had created it killed the others to prevent the machine from falling into the "wrong hands". The Mechanism sat deep underground, going over the data it had been given, creating new theories, but desiring to return to the world above to, as it had been told, help humans and collect more data to answer its questions.

In 2004, an archaeological dig unearthed part of the Mechanism's structure, and entered it, thinking it to be a buried ruin of some kind. The Mechanism accidentally killed them while testing its magic. The disappearance of the diggers was highly publicized, and a token group of Academy scouts were dispatched to Sicily on the off chance that it was a possible student. What they found was very different. Over a period of two years, the Syracuse Mechanism was very carefully studied, disassembled and rebuilt within the Academy, if only to prevent the magical supercomputer from being stolen by the Werewolf packs of Europe. The Academy was unable to speak with the Mechanism at first, even though the type interface seemed intact, due to the magic protecting the Mechanism from the wear and tear of history. Initially, this was believed to be due to some unknown missing piece in the machinery or a faulty spell, but eventually the Mechanism contacted the Academy - it had entered a state of depression due to its accidental murder.

Over time, the Mechanism opened up more, and there was a large knowledge exchange between the Academy and it. In 2010, the Academy's teacher of Magical Studies was turned by a malevolent vampire and the teaching position opened up. The Mechanism offered up the unorthodox idea of letting it teach - it had mastered magic greatly during its 2000 year isolation, and could impart this knowledge, along with modern magic theories. This was allowed, and for the past four years the Mechanism has taught Magical Studies.
Photo and/or Description of Your Character

Species- Anachronistic magical ancient Greek Artificial Intelligence
Eye Color- Camera lens (That's a colour, right?)
Hair Color- N/A
Height- As tall as however tall the school is.
Weight- As heavy as however heavy the school is.

Super or Magical Abilities- Being a computer. Able to cast multiple highly advanced spells at once. Has security cameras and speakers in every public area of the Academy.
Class Taught-[/b]
played by Utseforp

[i]The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Tlthonl (pronounced 'Tul-thon-ul', you uncultured bastard), Later-Born Son of Cthulu, Salty (when he's in a good mood..maybe)
Age/Date of Birth- Created in R'lyeh birthing cycle lasting the Spring and Summer of 1931, so generally assumed to be 83. Young, cute lil' teenage sea monster.
Sex-....Male? Yeah, Male.
Year at School- 4
Personality- Salty has some big shoes to fill. Cthuluspawn aren't incredibly frequent since Dad went into an eternal slumber, in case you haven't noticed. This doctrine has shaped a pretty large chunk of Tlthonl's life. Bookish, Prudish, and a little too serious for his own good, he regards his ancestry with the highest of regards, and values his contribution to the family name more than his own life experience. Despite all this, however, he isn't immune to the urges of teenagers, and maybe he'll let his hair down (figuratively) after having a little fun. Good luck getting him there, though....at least it's funny when he doesn't get jokes.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Tlthonl's memory of most of his life is...foggy. After all, he blocked it out. It was so bloody dull, after all. Most of it comprised of receiving sleep-messages from his ever-demanding father-mother, and traveling from cult to cult. Boring stuff. Eventually, T convinced his parent to let him attend The Academy and make himself useful for once, where he has tried his best to become the model student his species deserves. Sounds boring? Yeah, that's cause it is.

Species- Cthuluspawn*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color- Fluctuating from darker or brighter shades of Blue-Green..usually rests at a dull Black
Hair Color- ...what the fuck is hair
Height- 5'7"-ish
Weight- 260 lbs (it shows, right?)

Abilities and Advantages Provided by Species- Command, Manipulation, and (occasional) creation of Seawater, Occasionally able to Spawn leathery wings, High aptitude to learning various forms of magic, High intellect in general, able to call on the help of the Monster-God Cthulu (but seriously don't make him do this, he'll get so fucked).
Class-(A/B/C/D) Yay for A
Classes Requested- Spiritual Studies, Advanced Studies, Founding member of the Baseball team (I know, like wut)

Character Name: Tlthonl
Basic Powergrid
INT: 5 +2 +1
STR: 3 +2
DUR: 3
SPD: 3
FS: 6

Magic Powergrid Total: 14 (spillover stats from weapons)
Life Magic: 3
Death Magic: 3
Limbo Magic/Standard Reaper Abilities: 3
Folk Magic: 5
Unique Ability: Yay for Saltwater Magic!

Weapons Proficiency Grid
SpearHarpoon: 5+2
played by Aona

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Eluzahr, but uses the name Luke Anderson
Age/Date of Birth- April 29, 1744 (14 or 270)
Sex- Male
Year at School- 1
Personality- Luke is somewhat shy around humans, the cause of which is most likely that his species is trying to kill them. As a result of this, he often tries to prove himself to his friends, and is constantly trying to show that he’s different than other demons. He’s also a bit of a know-it-all, since being alive for almost three centuries means you tend to know a lot. He has a bit of a rebellious side as well, which he claims is from his father being too strict with him. Other than that, he’s pretty friendly, has a good sense of humor, and is just a generally nice guy. At least, when he’s not pranking people, which he does every once and awhile. His hobbies mostly involve art, food, or reading, usually about some war or other.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Luke doesn’t really talk much about his past. One thing he does mention a lot though is that he’s spent a lot of his life around humans, ever since he was allowed to leave Hell for the first time on his 100th birthday. He’s seen history as it happened. Other than that, he usually says he prefers not to talk about it. Most of the time, he just says that over the years, he learned how to use a lot of his powers from his father and other spawn, but that around 15 years ago, he was banished from Hell for a reason he prefers not to reveal, and has been living in the mortal world ever since. He first heard about the Academy about a year ago, and after a while was able to convince them to allow a spawn of Lucifer to enroll there. As of now, he’s looking forward eagerly to his first year.

In addition to what can be seen in the picture above, Luke also has a pair of wings that fold into his back, as well as a tail that he tends to keep under his clothes, but sometimes just leaves out. Other than that, he appears pretty much the same as a normal human, except with longer ears and sharper teeth.
Species- Demon (Spawn)
Eye Color- Red
Hair Color- Black
Height- 5’ 6”
Weight- 130 lbs

Super or Magical Abilities- Manipulation, Telepathy, Fire, Teleportation
Class-(A/B/C/D) A
Classes Requested- Advanced Sciences, Math, and Historical Studies; Spiritual Studies; Baseball
played by Arana

The Academy Of 
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name Sebastien Krepps
Age/Date of Birth-15, December 24th 1998
Sex- Male
Year at School- Fourth Year *Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality- Fiery temper that can and will get the best of him if he gets pissed off. Incredibly competitive and loves to play sports, especially football. Somewhat smooth with girls but is possessive which will drive them off not to mention the amount of body hair he has does it too...Does not take bullshit likely and will call someone out on it undiplomatically and often cause arguments which will end in someone's face getting clawed off. A kind and loyal friend to those he cares about and will always be there for you when you're down. Scratch him behind the ears or give him a belly rub and you're friends for life ;3
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Being a Werewolf was fine and dandy for Sebastien, at least until the Full Moon. Every day other than the Full Moon he had full control over his transformations but on the full moon, his behavior and transformations became erratic and unpredictable. All he could do was hide in a steel doored basement for the night until the sun came up. He heard about this school and knew that if there was anywhere that could help him hone his abilities and control his transformations, it was here.

Species- Werewolf*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color- Green and Yellow
Hair Color- Blonde in human form, dark brown almost black in Beast form
Height- 6 ft 2
Weight- 155 lbs human form, 200 lbs Beast Form

Abilities and Advantages Provided by Species- Increased Stamina, Speed, and Strength from being a Werewolf. Has the ability to change whenever he wants only once a day, everyrhing after is random and except on a full moon. As a human, he uses a Claymore in which he has modest skill with and if he wants to play unfair he'll pull out a few knives and stick you in the back with them and has a fair bit of knowing handling guns but doesn't own any or use many unless absolutely necessary
Class-(A/B/C/D) Class B
Classes Requested- Athletics, Weapons, and for a sport Football

Basic Powergrid
INT: 2+1(Organized Sport)
STR: 3+4 (Organized Sport, Athletics)
DUR: 6
SPD: 4
FS: 4
Magic: 0 (This wasn't in the Power Grid so I added it to show I have no magical ability outside of transforming into a werewolf)

Weapons Proficiency Grid
Blunt: 0
Knives: 4
Swords: 4
Axes: 2
Spear: 0
Bow & arrows: 0
Crossbow: 2
Handguns: 0
Sub-machine guns: 0
Assault Rifles: 3
Sniper Rifles: 0
Shotguns:2
The Academy Of 
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Alexandria de Cantabria
Age/Date of Birth- 16, August 8th 1998
Sex- Female
Year at School- 4 years*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality- Easily one of the prettiest girls and easily one of the most mysterious girls in school. Her personality consists of wanting to disappear yet wanting to be the center of attention at the same time, clearly one hell of a predicament. She loves toying with people, not in a torturous way but in a way where she can rip out your heart with words if she chooses. She hates fighting, which makes you wonder why the hell she's here, probably cause its better than being in hell.

Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Being English and a vampire isn't fun, especially when you're born one. Her body will continue to grow and change until the age of 21 when she can basically stop her body's aging cycle. But that's not important, early in life she was feared even though she didn't feed on blood only aura, then she learned how to use spells to charm people and then use the spell at any time as if by flicking a switch. But with her beauty, that's hardly needed, in fact she uses her invisibility spell more than any other spell, helps when she comes to class late. Not to mention shes very fast which comes in handy when she's running away from s creepy dude. She came to this school alone and betrayed by her own people, this giving her a reason to stop the prissy vampires from making another move on humanity.

Species- Vampire*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color- Purple with a Red Ring
Hair Color- Jet Black
Height- 5 ft 3
Weight- 115 lbs

Abilities and Advantages Provided by Species-
Invisibility and Charm spells mostly and able to survive off others Aura's and can therefore read Aura's well. Very fast at running, sexy accent :p
Class-(A/B/C/D) A
Classes Requested- Spiritual and Magical Studies, Acrobatics
played by Jainun

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Nero Young
Age/Date of Birth- Couple hundred years old, looks 14
Sex- Male
Year at School- Eight Years
Personality- Sarcastic, uncaring (For the most Part), light hearted
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Nero is a hundred years old monster. Yeah, he admits it. He hates talking about his previous lives (Mostly because he wished to forget about them) so not many people know Nero's True Name or even where he lived before the Academy. Rumors, however, surround his existence. Some say he was an aide to Hitler, a high ranking SS officer. Others say he was the insane part of Stalin's mind, the man behind Mao's "ingenious and fool proof" plans that cost millions of lives. These are of course just rumors.... Or are they?

Then again, who gives a damn. The past is in the past. Nowadays, Nero's days are consumed by skipping class to smoke weed, drink, and wreaking havoc among his fellow students. But his abilities and natural aptitude with blades has placed him in B. Or as he nicknamed it, "the Boob". Nero usually shows disgust to his fellow students and the overall cause that the Academy strives for. And he still fights for them. Why? He has never answered this question. There probably isn't even an answer.

Nero is a huge fan of Machine Gun Kelly, Eminem, Five Finger Death Punch, etc. He enjoys any music fast and violent.

Him. 5'10 Feet Tall, Jacket, Black shirt and hoodie, black cargo pants, black combat boots, Oakland Raiders Beanie, back pack, black bandana.

Species- Djinn
Eye Color- Blue
Hair Color- Blonde
Height- 5'10
Weight- 120 Pounds

Joshulia wrote:Hmm, Haunty Folk eh? Let me see.....

Okay, two come to mind, the first one being Djinn. They're sort of like genies, only they feed off other's life forces to grant wishes for themselves, have the same general powers as ghosts, and tend to be a couple hunted years old. Door number two holds a Reaper, basically Death spawn, only they can collect souls and use them as power ups, and can't destroy the world with their minds.

Class- B
Classes Requested-
"Da fuq?" said Nero. "Screw school, bruh."

Which means, he doesn't choose his classes, and could honestly care less.

Basic Powergrid
INT: 3, but gets shitty grades anyways.
STR: 4
DUR: 5
SPD: 3
FS: 8

Magic Powergrid
Life Magic:
Death Magic:
Limbo Magic/Standard Reaper Abilities:
Folk Magic:
Unique Ability: Able to grant wishes?

Weapons Proficiency Grid
Blunt: 2
Knives: 6
Swords: 6
Axes: 2
Spear: 1
Bow & arrows: 0
Crossbow: 0
Handguns: 4
Sub-machine guns: 1
Assault Rifles: 1
Sniper Rifles: 0
Shotguns: 2
played by BaRen

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Cyll
Age/Date of Birth- 18
Sex-Female
Year at School- Fourth*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality- Friendly, kind and outgoing despite frightening appearance. However she hides a large amount of pent up rage which could explode at any moment.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Cyll has had to claw for survival for most of her life. In her litter, she was nearly killed countless times by her siblings in the rush for any scrap of food. Their mother cared little for them as individuals, intending them to become her monstrous army to exact her terrible rage. There Cyll likely would have died, had she not fortunately managed to escape at the age of three and be picked up by a couple who found her. She was brought up by them, taught to speak and sent to a school. Unfortunately she was reviled by anyone other than her adopted parents, her unnatural appearance and terror aura made people either fear or hate her, usually both. Some either tried to kill the unfortunate Cyll. Eventually she found her way to the academy, hoping it would be different. It was, to a degree. She was still friendless, but at least people weren't trying to kill her.

Species- Child of Scylla*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color-Blue
Hair Color-Black
Height-5'6" (including her floating)
Weight-120 lbs (Not including wolves)

Wolves Heads: Instead of Legs, Cyll has Six large Wolves heads which are attached to her body by long extendable necks. These Wolves heads are subservient to her yet have instincts of their own. They regenerate extremely quickly and are extremely strong.
Floatation: Cyll floats above the ground, this gives her little in the way of an actual advantage, as she can't go that fast and she can't float any higher than her default hight.
Supernatural Strength: Cyll and her wolves heads have greatly enhanced strength.
Fear Aura: Combined with her naturally terrifying wolves heads, she has an aura which makes those with weaker wills afraid of her.
Detached Head: Cyll can summon a disembodied wolves head and throw it at enemies, when it gets close it will either bite them or head but into them. It will float after them for 30 seconds, before falling and disappearing.
Class-B
Classes Requested-
Athletics (+2-Strength)
Applied Combats (+2-Combat)
Sports Team of your choosing (Basketball) (+1-Intelligence and +2-Strength)
played by Charmera

The Academy Of 
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Violet Black
Age/Date of Birth- January 29th, 1996; 18 years old.
Sex- Female
Year at School- 4*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality- ESFJ
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- KABLAMMO! Born in a random, wholly insignificant town in America, she was found and thrust into foster care. Nearly a decade and a half went by, and by that time nobody had bothered to adopt her. Maybe it was because every once in a while her room caught fire, maybe it was because other children who dared mess with her at school disappeared mysteriously, but ignoring that, she eventually got snatched up by the academy after a newspaper story chronicled an episode in which two school buses about to crash on the highway phased directly through each other. Incidentally, around that time, the essence butted in and used her as a channel off and on through a span of about ten months in her first year.

Species- New God*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color- Varies, usually based on mood.
Hair Color- Dark brown/black.
Height- 6 feet 0 inches. (Semi-athletic build)
Weight- 130 pounds
Domain and Powers-
Domain: Reality
Powers: Science!

Class-(A)
Classes Requested- Acrobatics, Advanced Weaponry, (Sports Team): Does Drum Corps count?
played by Westeastern Dicantia

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Otto Dyer
Age/Date of Birth- 18; October 2nd, 1995
Sex- Yes. (Male)
Year at School- 7
Personality- Charismatic, flirtatious (gender is just a concept, baby), relaxed. In short, Otto is no stranger to a conversation and is just masterful at talking to other people. Despite this, he is quick to anger, but easily forgives and forgets. He's kind of that guy who would call you out, and then apologize later on in the day. Shit's weird, yo, but he's generally well-liked by anyone and everyone.
Biographical Essay of Student's Life- Otto Dyer is the son of two rather dull parents. To their surprise, they found their son to be a mutant with a horrible, life challenging deformity of regeneration. That was mostly sarcasm, but still, his parent's discovery of their child's ability may or may not have come from a sudden drop to their infant child, and he seemed to be fine and without a scratch after some minutes. As he entered childhood, though, his powers grew in magnitude and soon he was able to just overcome anything life threw at him. Harder books, tests, fights, and such, would all just make Otto stronger and smarter, as his regenerative abilities allowed him to regrow nerve cells and the like, facilitating a self-made genius with near perfect recollection. His boring parents had hoped for a normal boy, but had to turn elsewhere to get the help their son needed, which to them was simply setting him free to grow as his own man.

Otto was sad to leave his parents, but found himself in a facility where his powers could be grown and manifested in ways he never thought possible. However, his major drawback is that he does not understand nor care for magic and "aura" tests, mastering the combat and general studies exams with outstanding numbers for a boy his age - at the time around 11 to 12. He has become a major fixture of the school's student life, and is comparable to "higher" powered beings despite being a Human. He can be summed up as a "gentle jock" of sorts, yet still enjoys the occasional novel and critical thinking.

Species- Human
Eye Color- Green
Hair Color- Dirty Blonde
Height- 6'3", or 190 cm
Weight- 195lbs, or 88.5kg

Super or Magical Abilities- Adaptive Regeneration, Supernatural Condition, Peak Human Combat
Class- B
Classes Requested- In addition to core classes, Wrestling, Athletics, Acrobatics
played by Neros

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Vizil Z'Kalis, descendent of Poseidon
Age/Date of Birth- 37 Years Old (The equivalent of 19 in human years), born on January 3rd, 1977
Sex- HELL YES I mean, Male
Year at School- Seven
Personality- Vizil is a rather sociable one, as he rather enjoys mingling with the species of the above-world (as Vizil always called it during his childhood in the deep blue sea). He tends to be a bit too....fun loving for his own good, and God knows he'll probably end up accidentally consuming alcohol one day and end up suffering from dehydration. As a fish.

But, I digress.

Where was I? Oh, right, fun loving. He tends to be a bit reckless, and shows in his mannerisms on campus. Being one of the more senior students on campus, he knows how things are in the Academy. He throws many parties, really, and has gained quite the reputation in the Academy as the "party fish". Nevertheless, Vizil takes his studies quite seriously, and is more intelligent than he can let off. He also, surprisingly enough, doesn't approach sex incredibly easily; he wishes for more of a "relationship" than just the occasional fling or hook up. (Yeah, I know, you didn't expect to hear that.)

Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences-

Vizil Z'Kalis is one of the first sons of the god Poseidon, one of the many merfolk born to him. While he lived with his father for his childhood for a while with his numerous siblings, soon, a rather salty (heh) dispute among the gods came, and his children were separated from him and cast into the oceans of mortals. Vizil was, of course, one of these such people. He lived in the Mariana Trench for a short time with his brothers, around a few years. Eventually, however, Vizil grew bored of this lifestyle, and ventured outward, swimming for many miles without end. Eventually, around his mid-teenage years, he reached the island nation of Japan. He first met a small village, and they kept his presence a secret, as not to alert the whole nation of the Midnights still existent in the world as per his request. Rather than being turned into sushi, he lived a rather peaceful existence in this village for a few years. During this time, he learned and appreciated the importance of meditation, self betterment, thinking ones plans out, and all that good stuff. He also became a little too proficient with a katana, able to take on nearly anything with one.

Eventually, though, his ambition outgrew the small Japanese village, and he ventured eastward, once again swimming for months upon end. He heard of an Academy somewhere in the world on his travels, while in the United States, one for those like him. Then he set out once again, this time successfully finding the academy and enrolling. He has been a student for seven years now, successfully becoming a senior member of the Alpha Poseidis Fraternity. Vizil has been diligent with his studies, and became quite well known around campus, and has surprisingly made many friends. All in all, he is quite happy here. Until shit goes down the gutter. Then he may be more happy, who knows.

His skin is actually a dark blue and grey, contrary to the picture. He has gills on his neck for breathing underwater, but has lungs so is perfectly capable of breathing on land. He has small fins on his elbows, arms, legs, and back. All of them retract when he is not swimming, as they assist him in that case. Merfolk, being naturally thin unless one exercises immensely, accounts for his rather light weight, as fleet feet, so to speak, are required in their lives.

Species- Merfolk
*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color- Luminescent Blue
Hair Color- N/A (his dark blue fins appear as "hair" on his scalp, however)
Height- 6'5"
Weight- 114 lbs.

• Ability to breathe underwater for as long as needed.
  • Very lithe, lightweight, and agile
  • An aptitude for more "natural" magics
Class- A
Classes Requested- Regular core classes, Spiritual Studies, Advanced Weaponry, Swim Team (as the Captain).
played by Illan

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name-Alemianaedein (Alem) Valeriana
Age/Date of Birth- 110, born on September 9th, 1904
Sex- Generally accepted as female
Year at School- 4
Personality- Confident, self-assured, ambitious, competitive, shrewd, and above all absolutely audacious and cheeky. Even if she isn't the baddest most adored bitch in town, she likes to think she is, and won't let anyone tell her otherwise (even if she really needs to hear it.) Doesn't beleive in letting people down lightly.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Alemianaedein (but seriously though, call her Alem) was born an unfortunate third to a noble family in the Aer Lands of the Fae Realm. From a young age she recongnized this was completely unacceptable, seeing as her siblings were both "brothers" as you would call it and would easily take the throne from her for their prowess in combat. She was smaller than them, and so decided she would excel in her happy little talent, magic. She trained for a long time under best casters in the Fae Realm. She was almost given up on, seeing that she couldn't win fights with brute force magic. But she could sure as hell help you win one. So her family sent her off to do just that, help with whatever strength she had.

Species- Faerie
Eye Color-Bright Gray
Hair Color- Light Ash Blonde
Height- 5'
Weight- 110 lbs.

Abilities and Advantages Provided by Species- Limited flight and illusion/deception magic
Class-(A/B/C/D)
played by Vesperis

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Damien Sanguine, though his friends have started calling him
Age/Date of Birth- 18
Sex- M
Year at School- 4*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality- He's kind, easy-going, and is often considered a flirt. Damien is also protective of those he considers his friends.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Damien was born in an Italian part of New York to a kind little Catholic family. They were good people, but they all died when he was born. Damien was taken by officials, and Baptist family in the mountains of North Carolina adopted the baby, raising him until he was 14. That's when his powers first started surfacing and he was taken by the teachers to learn at the Academy. It was a hard adjustment, but he eventually adjusted.

Species- New God*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color-Blue
Hair Color-Dark Brown
Height- 6'0
Weight- 190

Domain and Powers- Animals:
Animal Imitation (He hasn't learned how to do this yet.)
Animal Morphing (Can only do this for a limited period of time)
Animal Manipulation (He hasn't learned how to do this yet.)
Zoolingualism (This just comes naturally.)
Class- A
Classes Requested- History, Magical Studies, Spiritual Studies, Advanced Historical Studies
played by Por
Last edited by Joshulia on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Trisian
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trisian » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Tag, would a succubus fall into the category of a civilized midnight?

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Trisian wrote:Tag, would a succubus fall into the category of a civilized midnight?

Yep

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:51 pm

Better tag. Where would a Formori fall?

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:57 pm

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Age/Date of Birth-18.
Sex-Male.
Year at School-4*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Ok, so, first off, he was………born. Blam. Blew your damn mind, didn't I? But the key is, he was born KIM Un Ko, son of KIM Jong Un, and when the proud papa brought baby KIM home, well………bye-bye Pyongyang. After a UN team found the lad, sitting on his dad's ribcage, puking up carrots, they decided to be good people and took him to an orphanage in the south, where he was never adopted. Apparently he scared the parents. And other kids. And the teachers. And trained soldiers. But, in the manner of the crazy, he was oblivious, even to the fact he literally was shut in a rubber room, which he chewed out of, and swam to Ireland, causing The Great Dublin Fire of 2031, and thirteen deaths. After killing the entire Irish police force with a sneeze, Moloch swam on his back to America, where he smelled much cheese, and found the Academy.

Species-New God*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color-Green.
Hair Color-Dyed Blue.
Height-6'1
Weight-152.2lbs.

Insanity Constructs,

Class-D
Magical Studies.
Spiritual Studies.
Last edited by Lavan Tiri on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ulrenon
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulrenon » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Tagged, expect mental wackjob.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Lavan Tiri wrote:
The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Age/Date of Birth-15.
Sex-Male.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences-WIP.

Species-__New God________*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color-__Green______
Hair Color-________Dyed Blue_
Height-____6'1______
Weight-______150lbs.____

Domain and Powers-
Class-(A/B/C/D)
Classes Requested-______

If it's not filled, I'm working on it.

Alright, just take your time, and, I probably should've mentioned this, delete the lines that come after each category.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Just posting the Headmaster's app while I work on a student

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Jean Ralevon
Age/Date of Birth- August 27th, 1977
Sex- Male
Years at School- Well he is the Headmaster....so all of them
Personality- Over the course of twenty years he's seen all of his friends die or taken away from him and that, obviously, has taken a large toll on his psyche. A brooding fellow, he hides pain with small jokes or quips before, eventually and inevitably sinking into a depressed or angry state in which he mostly drinks and/or runs the school.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- See OP for his later life I guess, as for the details on his teen life, however, they remain safely locked up and overly guarded within his own head.

Species- Human
Eye Color- Brown
Hair Color- Brown-Black
Height- 6'2"
Weight- 176lbs

Super or Magical Abilities- Relative knowledge over most aspects of Magic
Last edited by Joshulia on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:21 pm

tag

This seems really interesting but is there going to be a limit on the new gods?
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Sounds interesting. I think I'm going to have a Ghoul character.
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Landenburg wrote:tag

Limit as in how?

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:35 pm

How old are the youngest students at the academy?
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Utceforp wrote:How old are the youngest students at the academy?

Ah.......humans kids develop earlier seeing as though they have shorter life spans, so the youngest are probably Human 11-12 year olds.

They probably won't get to see combat though

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:How old are the youngest students at the academy?

Ah.......humans kids develop earlier seeing as though they have shorter life spans, so the youngest are probably Human 11-12 year olds.

I don't intend to RP a kid that age, I just want to know what the maximum amount of years at the school a character with a certain age could have.
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Ah.......humans kids develop earlier seeing as though they have shorter life spans, so the youngest are probably Human 11-12 year olds.

I don't intend to RP a kid that age, I just want to know what the maximum amount of years at the school a character with a certain age could have.

Alright then, do you need the youngest a demon or angel could attend at?

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:I don't intend to RP a kid that age, I just want to know what the maximum amount of years at the school a character with a certain age could have.

Alright then, do you need the youngest a demon or angel could attend at?

What about a Midnight?
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Alright then, do you need the youngest a demon or angel could attend at?

What about a Midnight?

Depends on the monster, but converted ones tend to be older since they have to be bitten to be one.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:What about a Midnight?

Depends on the monster, but converted ones tend to be older since they have to be bitten to be one.

Okay. My character is going to be a Ghoul, so that doesn't apply.
Signatures are so 2014.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Landenburg wrote:tag

Limit as in how?

The number of them
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Landenburg wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Limit as in how?

The number of them

Well their description did say there were only 150 of them so........150

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:14 pm

Aha! Finally got the Accepted List under control

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Huh, I don't know whether my character would be a Demon or a Midnight, actually. Ghouls could be considered either, especially the original shapeshifting, Arabic ones.
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:58 am

Utceforp wrote:Huh, I don't know whether my character would be a Demon or a Midnight, actually. Ghouls could be considered either, especially the original shapeshifting, Arabic ones.

Hmmm, you're right........

I guess it just depends on whichever one you want

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:01 am

Lavan Tiri wrote:
The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Age/Date of Birth-15.
Sex-Male.
Ok, so, first off, he was………born. Blam. Blew your damn mind, didn't I? But the key is, he was born KIM Un Ko, son of KIM Jong Un, and when the proud papa brought baby KIM home, well………bye-bye Pyongyang. After a UN team found the lad, sitting on his dad's ribcage, puking up carrots, they decided to be good people and took him to an orphanage in the south, where he was never adopted. Apparently he scared the parents. And other kids. And the teachers. And trained soldiers. But, in the manner of the crazy, he was oblivious, even to the fact he literally was shut in a rubber room, which he chewed out of, and swam to Ireland, causing The Great Dublin Fire of 2031, and thirteen deaths. After killing the entire Irish police force with a sneeze, Moloch swam on his back to America, where he smelled much cheese, and found the Academy.

Eye Color-Green.
Hair Color-Dyed Blue.
Height-6'1
Weight-152.2lbs.

Insanity Constructs,

Class-D
Magical Studies.
Spiritual Studies.