NATION

PASSWORD

Deritain Masquerade Ball (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Deritain Masquerade Ball (IC)

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Crown Prince Christopher II had all of the servants and guards carefully checked everything in the new palace to make sure nothing was out of place. Both Deritain nobility and foreign Delegats of all kinds were arriving for the masquerade ball the young Prince had declared would be held in his new vacation home. The Purple Palace was in the Pourpre Mountains in central southern Derita. The Crown Prince was a perfectionist and made sure that there was nothing wrong in the mountain home.

The mansion was elegantly decorated, with beautiful works of all types of art. Even the food was beautiful, with artfully arranged platters. The them of the party was blue, black and purple, all Royal colors. The palace sat at the sumit of a large mountain and was closed to public eye. The guest themselves were not told of the exact location.

Crown Prince Christopher II himself wore a luxurious blue and black robe and uniform that mimicked his fathers. The out fit was simply spotless. He wore a simple mask, with large blue and black feathers crowning it.

Princess Alanna wore a blue and purple dress and a simple blue and silver and purple mask modeled after the traditional Victorian mask.
Last edited by Kingdom of Derita on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 am

Having been flown into Southern Derita, the royal family of the Valaran Empire were now being driven up to the palace, slowly travelling across the twisting mountain roads in specially armored cars. The delegation was relatively small, and aside from Emperor Edric Skaran, his brother William and his sister Lyanna, there was only 2 government officials, 4 palace staff, and 8 security members.

The royal designers had quite simply outdone themselves for this occasion. All three family members were in the royal colors of of blue and silver, preserving continuity and staying within the general theme of the Masquerade. Yet each had subtle variations on the trend, reflecting their personalities and tastes. Edric went for a striking mask of burnished silver, highly detailed and being almost crown-like in appearance. The effect was somewhat intimidating, yet it projected power and prestige, and he felt that it fitted his role as Emperor.

William preferred a more simple affair. He chose lighter shades, and the overall effect was more welcoming than his brother's aura of majesty.

Lyanna had chosen a darker color for her clothes, and the shades of blue and black swirled together in flowing patterns. She actually felt it was quite a bold choice, normally preferring softer tones. But none could deny the effect was mesmerisng.

There were even masks for the their security, made up of the newly reformed palace guard. However, they had been designed to projected lethal menace and so were a simple arrangement of pure black.

None of the family had ever actually been to Derita before, and so each was curious at what to expect from the nation, and their host. "You'd think we ought to know more of our allies" mused William absentmindedly. "Well they're not our allies quite yet, Will. Our nations are just mildly friendly for now." replied Edric.
"Still, I feel pretty ignorant coming here. I barely even that they had a Crown Prince, let alone who he is." The Emperor smiled faintly in response. He had met Emperor Al'Mahn II on a few occasions, as well as other members of the Deritan royal family. They were nice and quite friendly, and he hoped the crown Prince would be the same. They also were smart enough not to keep dying off, unlike some royal families he could name.
Instead, he turned to Lyanna, who was staring out at the mountain scenery. "You ok? You haven't said a word since we got off the plane."
She turned in slight surprise, looking up at her brother "Yeah, I'm fine, I guess. I've just been a little unfocused recently..." She didn't need to say anymore; the sudden death of the Lithuanian Prince and the destruction of that nation had affected them all quite badly. This masquerade was chance to put all of that behind them, and so each had taken it at once.

Quite suddenly, the cars stopped; they had arrived.
Last edited by Valaran on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Allied Connurist States » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:20 am

The two rulers of the Allied Connurist States had just recently arrived in Derita by plane, and now Emperor Connor and Empress Emily sat together in the back of a luxurious, and assumedly armoured car. The road leading up the mountain was simply delightful, and it was a shame that it could not be enjoyed to its full potential due to the slow and careful driver. At this particular moment, Connor wanted nothing more than to be driving up here in something decidedly more sporty, and to throw it into the fantastic corners. In addition, the view was spectacular, and that alone kept the two Imperials occupied for a while.

Connor turned to his wife "I heard that the Valaran Royals and the Neighland Ambassador will be here; it was a joy to meet them in Lithuania". The smile on Connor's face turned briefly into a frown as he thought of the tragedies that had occured in that nation since they had been. "Don't forget about the hosts though, I think we can expect the Deritains to be just as nice" she replied. The two were wearing matching masks - everyone there would know that they were together.

Just then, the mountain mansion came into view. It was like something out of a work of fiction, and was visually stunning. It made the Imperial Palace back home feel average! The car came to a halt, and the couple got out.
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

Neighland
Attaché

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Neighland » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:36 pm

The ship journey had been kind to Ambassador Stuart; usually he would be seasick on even the shortest of trips overseas but today was a pleasant day and the sea was surprisingly calm.
He looked back through the reinforced window of his armoured car and saw the convoy of vehicles carrying heavily armed Neighland soldiers; this was the second diplomatic function the Ambassador had been on, but it was the first he had been on post-militarisation and he was somewhat surprised when he had found an entire platoon waiting for him at the dock in Regal.

He looked down at the mask he had been provided: a simple, reflective, full face mask. He guessed the Senate had wanted him to conform to the formalities of the masquerade while still distinguishing himself from the royals, nobles and aristocrats that he would be brushing shoulders with in this event.

The Ambassador was growing restless. "Driver, how long until our arrival?" The soldier at the wheel mumbles "Half-hour."
John turns back to stare out of his window at the passing scenery and following convoy.
Last edited by Neighland on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of ATLAS!

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:54 pm

The Arch-Leader looked out the tinted window,the majesty of the Pourpre Mountains was a wonder to behold and had caught his eye for the hour long drive through the Deritan lands.Malkite his Arch-Orator and Grov,Servintas appointed ambassador to Derita were simply enjoying a day out and about in such a foreign but wonderful country.

"A magnificent place behold is it not,Arch-Leader" Grov's attempt at small talk didn't bear any fruitful conversation but the attempt was noted by Malkite as a nice gesture,it wasn't often that the Arch-Leader met with any of his people but when he did it always brought on the same responses,fear,confusion,respect and finally silence,always silence.

If the Arch-Leader was allowed to speak he probably wouldn't have,his gaze was still locked on the natural world they were passing by.Malkite had always noticed that the quiet leader loved the outdoors,from his first day of putting on the mask he had shown a keen interest in preserving Servintas lands from the ravages of mankind's relentless advance.There was envy in his eyes,envy for the wilds such as this,that much he knew.

But Malkite had convinced his master to seek a more open diplomatic relationship with the foreigners,something his 20 predecessors had been hesitant to do.they had been isolationist and bigots to the outside world but this one had been different from the rest,he was open to new ideas and friendly to the strange peoples whom they now were heading to meet.

With a sharp turn the armored car the The Purple Palace came into full view,all three of the men starred in awe of its splendor.The palace twisted up the mountain like a great masonry vine that sprouted with colorful roof tops and spires at its top.the road that lead to it rose up into the cloud banks that piled against the structure of the palace itself and made it appear as if it was a fairy tale castle from the middle ages.Nothing like it existed in Servinta,and most likely nothing else in the world ever could be as ornate as this wondrous combination of brick and stone.The road while providing a great view of the surrounding mountain range was ever winding and caused poor Grov to become a bit car-sick.

At the end of the road the car came to a stop and automatic doors opened up allowing the trio an exit.

"Shall we" Malkite said as he put on a Raven styled mask

"Arch-Leader if you may excuse me" Grov moved out the door followed by Malkite and finaly the Arch-Leader himself.

ImageMalkiteImageThe Arch-Leader
ImageGrov

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Crown Prince Christopher II walked on to a balcony over looking the single parking area. It was not tradition for one of such noble birth to greet there guest. Christopher had rarely left Derita, he perfered the isolation that his grandfather, Emperor Almahn I had put in place. His own Father had opened Derita's doors to the world. Though he used to see that negatively, he now saw it was good to have foreigners see a regal impression.

He rubbed his hands over the smoothed crave railing. Purple Palace was his little project. The palace was designed to be a part of its natural surroundings and to fit harmoniously with nature large hallways harness wind and allow air to naturally flow within, special heat systems let the outside gardens to never fill cold. It was home to the Imperial as there summer home and their son was the one that usedit primarily as a slightly purple colored private villa.

The palace remained a peaceful sanctuary until it today, never before seen by outside eyes. But even then secrecy had to kept. In Deritain Culture, palaces of the Imperial Family are far from public view, out of sight but still majestic in design. Although his father had designed the Orginal plans, Christopher had over seen and changed ideas and made it his own.

UnLike the Southern Versa de Palace, The palace architecture looks far different, more vertical and spiraling, but the Versa de Palace has more colorful walls and seems to be more elaborately decorated, in turn Purple Palace was second place at best in Derita.

As the guest arrived Princess Alanna walked with eight Imperial Class Guards to the foyer to wait for servants to bring them inside. All 104 male servants were exactly 6 feet tall with crut-cut blonde hair, in deep contrast to the Royal families black hair and coffee color skin. The 84 female servants were all 5'6" and browned hair, but it was un slightly for women to be seen as servants and were kept out of sight.

Princess Alanna waited for the guest, her long black hair in the stunning designs that had grown popular in Southern Derita. The Princess' sun kissed skin was shown by her sleeveless gown and one her legs showed. Ceremonial glitter and designs swished around her masked face. The Imperial guards wore simple blue masks as to stay within the party's theme.

Servants opened the doors to the palace, the guest had arrived.

Flammaland
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flammaland » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Two sleek black cars pulled up to the Purple Palace, each one bearing the royal seal of Flammaland.  From the leading car, five black figures emerged and took up defensive positions around the following car, from the drivers sear of which another identical figure emerged.  The side door of the second car swung open and three people clad in ceremonial armour emerged.  The tallest of the three, Supreme Commander Ares, was clad in citrine studded ceremonial armour and was wearing an imposing full face mask.  The woman who walked by his side, Lady Enyo, wore an elegant suit of pure white armour and an ornate silver face mask.    The young lady following them was Lady Bellona, who was dressed in a full black hooded and armoured cloak, with an angular obsidian face mask.  The guards arranged themselves around the trio and in eerie unison, they followed them to the entrance doors.  
"Greetings.  We are the Flammalandian delegation." S.C Ares said to the closest servant.  The guards tensed almost imperceptibly, their guns ready to be raised at any hint of danger.

I'm on AEST time zone so I probably won't reply to posts or TMs until what most of you consider very late at night.

My Nationstates nation does not reflect my actual views etc.

Ilvania
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ilvania » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:25 am

"Fourteen?"
"Nope."
"Twelve?"
"You're kidding yourself."
"All right, fine. Ten?"
"Try seven."
"A week? But I wanna go to Lorraine!"
"Well you should have thought of that before coming to work for me, Mike."

Michael Rossus sighed, showing mock displeasure with a histrionic throw of his hands - it was no use arguing with Hervé. The man was one of the most brilliant barristers to come out of Amourienna in recent years, and he sat across from Mike, a copy of The Amourienna Age covering his features. The young associate looked out the window of the Imperial Learjet, being met with the azure blue of a beautiful Deritain day.

"Why are we here again, Hervé?"
"Imperial orders, from the big man himself."
Mike snickered, "Who? Santa Clause?"
His Royal Highness, Lord Hervé Artois Vienne-Werthing of the Royal House of Capette lay down his newspaper, a note of disdain gracing his features. He was a stern but handsome looking man, his dark hair perfectly coiffed - as expected of a lord of a royal house. The Royal House of Capette was known for their undying loyalty to the Imperial family, and Hervé was no exception.
"I received orders from The Augustus Imperator himself. Big Gold and purple seal and 'DO THIS OR I'LL HAVE YOUR BALLS' written below it."
"From His Imperial Majesty himself. Wow. Aren't you a bigshot?" Grinned Michael Rossus.
"It's a masquerade, so we'll have to be properly attired," Said Hervé, casually brushing aside the comment of his young associate.

From the cockpit of the Learjet emerged a man in a navy pilot's outfit, "Your Royal Highness, the Captain would like me to advise you that we'll be touching down in Southern Derita in approximately 20 minutes."

COSTUME:
Hervé:
Michael:

Zercera
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zercera » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:53 am

The unquestionably fancy limousine pulled up at the mouth of the long entrance to the palace.
"Wow....." gasped the Chairman of Foreign Relations, marveling at the sight his destination. ".....it's.....beautiful. I'm honestly at a loss for words. It's like, it's like the third level of an rpg, where the wayward band of heroes have to wander up a magnificent castle to meet the benevolent king of the land, but then BAM, it turns out that the whole place has been commandeered the big bad of the game, who then proceeds to kidnap the king. And then at the end of the game the band of heroes, now wizened by their travels, will return to a dark and twisted version of the previously-innocent castle in order to rescue the king, restore the realm, and fulfill their destinies. You know what I mean?" The second-most powerful person ran her hand down the bridge of her nose.

"No, I really have no idea what you mean." She sighed and wondered why she was hear, and not in a cosmic sense (though she often wondered that too.) It was an odd place to be invited to in the first place, but the stranger thing was the fact that they showed up at all.
A nation with no land borders, significant economic ties, or historical grievances to Zercera usually gets no more than a small team of pr-executives, a sort of diplomatic "get well soon" card, if you will. It's impersonal, but it's something. But no, this nation, just out of a long isolation, would get the works, a personal visit by some of the heroes of the Zerceran revolution. And why? Because one of them was having an unsatisfactory love life, and had already attempted every internet guide at picking up women he could find.

"You know Le, I've been thinking." The Au-Alon of Zercera turned to it's Chairman as they began to stroll down the path to royal elegance. "And I honestly think that what killed your chances at any sort of a love life wasn't necessarily whatever pre-conceived notion about alphas and betas you keep whining to me about, but the fact that you listened to crappy internet sites regarding picking up women in, what I will say again, is a highly derogatory fashion." She began to fiddle around with the long end of the large white mask she had selected for the ball as the memories of the horrendous failures on Leu's part that she had witnessed came flooding back. She shuddered, her glistening purple dress shifting slightly around on her copper skin. The eternally pale Leu, however, did not notice, and kept his mind firmly on the door, and the opportunity that it held. He straightened the bow-tie on his straightforward, yet classic tuxedo and raised his mask to his eyes, only realizing too late that the kind of mask with the stick, as he had chosen, would limit his maneuverability and was generally a terribly impractical choice for a ball. But that revelation could be pushed back in his mind, because now, they had reached the door.

Virania

Leu
Last edited by Zercera on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:59 am

Zercera wrote:The unquestionably fancy limousine pulled up at the mouth of the long entrance to the palace.
"Wow....." gasped the Chairman of Foreign Relations, marveling at the sight his destination. ".....it's.....beautiful. I'm honestly at a loss for words. It's like, it's like the third level of an rpg, where the wayward band of heroes have to wander up a magnificent castle to meet the benevolent king of the land, but then BAM, it turns out that the whole place has been commandeered the big bad of the game, who then proceeds to kidnap the king. And then at the end of the game the band of heroes, now wizened by their travels, will return to a dark and twisted version of the previously-innocent castle in order to rescue the king, restore the realm, and fulfill their destinies. You know what I mean?" The second-most powerful person hand her hand down the bridge of her nose.

"No, I really have no idea what you mean." She sighed and wondered why she was hear, and not in a cosmic sense (though she often wondered that too.) It was an odd place to be invited to in the first place, but the stranger thing was the fact that they showed up at all.
A nation with no land borders, significant economic ties, or historical grievances to Zercera usually gets no more than a small team of pr-executives, a sort of diplomatic "get well soon" card, if you will. It's impersonal, but it's something. But no, this nation, just out of a long isolation, would get the works, a personal visit by some of the heroes of the Zerceran revolution. And why? Because one of them was having an unsatisfactory love life, and had already attempted every internet guide at picking up women he could find.

"You know Le, I've been thinking." The Au-Alon of Zercera turned to it's Chairman as they began to stroll down the path to royal elegance. "And I honestly think that what killed your chances at any sort of a love life wasn't necessarily whatever pre-conceived notion about alphas and betas you keep whining to me about, but the fact that you listened to crappy internet sites regarding picking up women in, what I will say again, is a highly derogatory fashion." She began to fiddle around with the long end of the large white mask she had selected for the ball as the memories of the horrendous failures on Leu's part that she had witnessed came flooding back. She shuddered, her glistening purple dress shifting slightly around on her copper skin. The eternally pale Leu, however, did not notice, and kept his mind firmly on the door, and the opportunity that it held. He straightened the bow-tie on his straightforward, yet classic tuxedo and raised his mask to his eyes, only realizing too late that the kind of mask with the stick, as he had chosen, would limit his maneuverability and was generally a terribly impractical choice for a ball. But that revelation could be pushed back in his mind, because now, they had reached the door.

Virania

Leu

The servants lead the Zercerains inside the villa. Princess Alanna smiled as they approached.

"Welcome to Purple Palace"

The Imperial guards bowed to the heros of Zercera.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:51 am

The Valaran delegation disembarked. The Palace Guard got out first, forming a quick perimeter. Their masked faces stared impassively at the Deritan servants, and they held their weapons with the loose confidence of experienced professionals. Once it was determined that there was no immediate danger, the door tot he royal car was opened. Prince William got out first, his long strides quickly outpacing Lyanna, who followed at a more leisurely pace. Edric then disembarked slowly, looking every inch the aloof monarch as he took in the surroundings with a glance. "Wow, this is a lovely palace." he said in a slightly less regal tone.

"Meh, I like our one at home more." replied Lyanna, a measure of her old self coming back.

"Really? I always thought- Wait did you just say meh? Speaketh thee the language of the internet now?"

"I felt it was appropriate given the occasion."

"You always did have an odd sense of formality." The mask didn't hide Edric's grin; it was good to have the old Lyanna back.

Together, they walked up to the palace gates, quite upbeat about the events to come. William, for his part was already at the door, having just missed another delegation going inside. Instead, he stood somewhat awkwardly waiting for his brother and sister to catch up. He occupied himself by marveling at the exterior architecture. While he normally felt slightly embarrassed to be so privileged by an accident of birth (he was rather idealistic like that), today was one of the few times where he appreciated the perks of being royalty. The others caught up, and the Valaran Imperial Family entered.

Zercera wrote:The unquestionably fancy limousine pulled up at the mouth of the long entrance to the palace.

Was this was playing on the stereo by chance? :p
Last edited by Valaran on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Valaran wrote:The Valaran delegation disembarked. The Palace Guard got out first, forming a quick perimeter. Their masked faces stared impassively at the Deritan servants, and they held their weapons with the loose confidence of experienced professionals. Once it was determined that there was no immediate danger, the door tot he royal car was opened. Prince William got out first, his long strides quickly outpacing Lyanna, who followed at a more leisurely pace. Edric then disembarked slowly, looking every inch the aloof monarch as he took in the surroundings with a glance. "Wow, this is a lovely palace." he said in a slightly less regal tone.

"Meh, I like our one at home more." replied Lyanna, a measure of her old self coming back.

"Really? I always thought- Wait did you just say meh? Speaketh thee the language of the internet now?"

"I felt it was appropriate given the occasion."

"You always did have an odd sense of formality." The mask didn't hide Edric's grin; it was good to have the old Lyanna back.

Together, they walked up to the palace gates, quite upbeat about the events to come. William, for his part was already at the door, having just missed another delegation going inside. Instead, he stood somewhat awkwardly waiting for his brother and sister to catch up. He occupied himself by marveling at the exterior architecture. While he normally felt slightly embarrassed to be so privileged by an accident of birth (he was rather idealistic like that), today was one of the few times where he appreciated the perks of being royalty. The others caught up, and the Valaran Imperial Family entered.

Was this was playing on the stereo by chance? :p

The servants bowed to the foreign Royal Family and lead them to Princess Alanna. The Princess smiled at the Valaran guest. She had always wanted to meet them. Her painted cheeks and wrist simmered as she gestured at them, a gesture of peace.

[ MODEDIT: Image removed due to DMCA request. Was from here. ]
Last edited by [violet] on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MOD EDIT: Image removed due to DMCA complaint

Zercera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zercera » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Leu Arevu twisted his neck to get a good look behind him, his crappily-made, plastic mask nearly slipping from his fingers as his hands attempted to keep up with the motions of his head.
"Target acquired." He smirked as he stared creepily at the girl who had just allowed them inside.
"Oh my god you are just awful. You realize that, right? You come to these things because you have a crappy love life, but you never actually change the things that make them crappy in the first place. Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and think "Hey, maybe it's not some chance of fate that I'm unhappy and alone all the time, maybe if I was less of a arrogant prick, I would have someone who actually loved me besides a few friends who honestly can't remember why they started to hang out with me and really don't want to be here right now." You hear that? That's you. That's what you're like." Virania panted, nearly out of breath from her angry tirade.

"I'm sorry, what?" replied Leu "I spaced for a second there." Virania threw her hands up in the air in defeat.
"Anyway," Leu continued " I think I'm gonna do it, go over there and talk to her."
"You're gonna get shot down, dude. I hate to say it, but.....wait, I actually enjoy saying this- you have no chance with someone like that."
"I don't know, V." replied Leu "I've dated some hot girls before."
"I mean a princess, you pig." Sighed Virania. "Not sure if you realized, but little-miss fancy over there is a member of the hosting royal family. She's a princess to the damnedest degree, and even if we disregard all your other flaws, I sincerely doubt any sort of commoner is going to have a semblance of chance with a princess."
Leu smirked and twisted his head his head back around, looking his superior officer right in the eye holes. "You did." Virania turned a bright shade of scarlet, not crimson or magenta, but the scarlet of true embarrassment, though luckily her mask hid it well.
"G-god d-dammit just go over th-there. I'll introduce myself to the prince in the meantime." With that Virania hurridly stormed off, but not before spinning her body around and yelling towards her hapless friend "I SEVERELY REGRET THAT RELATIONSHIP, BY THE WAY!"

"I KNOW YOU DID! WHO WOULDN'T!?" Yelled back Leu as he "nonchalantly" slid up against the wall next to the princess. "Excuse me baby?" he asked in a manner that was supposed to be sly, but was truly just creepy. "Did you fall down here from heaven, because-" shit, how'd that second part go? thought Leu to himself "-you've stolen my heart." Crap, that was wrong, that was so wrong. ABORT MISSION! ABORT MISSION! Leu began to nervously laugh all to loudly as he attempted to slip away from the princess and arriving guests. Meanwhile Virania led herself up to the prince, holding out her hand for his to grab.

"An honor to meet you, Prince Christopher." She said blandly.

It was a combination of that and loud dub-step playing on a loop as Virania and Leu physically fought about who should get radio privileges. :p

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:28 pm

"Should we have brought,guards,they have guards,oh why did we leave those troops back at the plane?" Grov questioned as he saw the eight masked Imperial Class Guards.

"Oh come off it man,It's a masquerade ball, not a war council." Malkite shushed the somewhat nervous ambassador.
"Besides the Arch-Leader saw no need for the Arch-Guard to escort us here."
"Look around you,Its a beautiful day,in a beautiful place that's surrounded by guards of a friendly nation." he gestured to the marble walls and the guards who lined them.
"The only thing to fear here is that someone may have better masks than us" he said with a funny smirk on his face.

They looked over at the other delegations who had already arrived ahead of them and started to mentally compare the quality and festivity of the masks to their own,sadly the masks they wore were a mark less than a few of the others.

When they approached Princess Alanna they all gave a respectful and synchronized bow in her presence.The Arch-Leader stood in front with Malkite and Grov close behind him.

"The Arch-Leader of Servinta bids you a thousand greetings." Malkite spoke for his master as usual.
"I am Malkite,thirty seventh Arch-Orator and the speaker for the Arch-Leader."
"I am Grov ambassador of Servinta to this great nation." Grov said with a second bow

"And might the Arch-Leader say, that this palace looks almost as wonderful as you do today princess" Malkite commented

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Kingdom of Derita wrote:
The servants bowed to the foreign Royal Family and lead them to Princess Alanna. The Princess smiled at the Valaran guest. She had always wanted to meet them. Her painted cheeks and wrist simmered as she gestured at them, a gesture of peace.

(Image)

The Valarans quite frankly, had no clue what the gesture meant, and it certainly didn't help that some other delegate had just attempted to chat the princess up moments earlier. There was a brief moment of awkward silence as they stood before her. Luckily, Edric reacted first, smiling back warmly in a friendly approach he typically used at these events. He inclined his head politely and spoke:

"Your highness, it is an honor to meet you and a privilege to be here in Derita. As I'm sure you know, I'm Emperor Edric Skaran of the Valaran Empire. This is my sister Lyanna, and my brother William." It was a little formal but it was better to be safe than sorry, right? At least he hoped it was.

William, as he was meeting someone of equal rank, bowed, while Lyanna inclined her head faintly. Neither was entirely sure what to do next, so they followed their brother's lead.
"Uhm, yeah its great to be here. As Ed, I mean Emperor Skaran, said I'm Lyanna. This is a lovely palace." replied the princess, blushing slightly at her stumbling attempts at being formal, but still feeling that she should say something to lessen the awkwardness.

I don't think I could have survived such a drive personally (and remain sane, that is) :p I would say choose the devil you know but...
Last edited by Valaran on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 pm

I don't think I could have survived such a drive personally (and remain sane, that is) :p I would say choose the devil you know but...
[/quote]
Zercera wrote:Leu Arevu twisted his neck to get a good look behind him, his crappily-made, plastic mask nearly slipping from his fingers as his hands attempted to keep up with the motions of his head.
"Target acquired." He smirked as he stared creepily at the girl who had just allowed them inside.
"Oh my god you are just awful. You realize that, right? You come to these things because you have a crappy love life, but you never actually change the things that make them crappy in the first place. Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and think "Hey, maybe it's not some chance of fate that I'm unhappy and alone all the time, maybe if I was less of a arrogant prick, I would have someone who actually loved me besides a few friends who honestly can't remember why they started to hang out with me and really don't want to be here right now." You hear that? That's you. That's what you're like." Virania panted, nearly out of breath from her angry tirade.

"I'm sorry, what?" replied Leu "I spaced for a second there." Virania threw her hands up in the air in defeat.
"Anyway," Leu continued " I think I'm gonna do it, go over there and talk to her."
"You're gonna get shot down, dude. I hate to say it, but.....wait, I actually enjoy saying this- you have no chance with someone like that."
"I don't know, V." replied Leu "I've dated some hot girls before."
"I mean a princess, you pig." Sighed Virania. "Not sure if you realized, but little-miss fancy over there is a member of the hosting royal family. She's a princess to the damnedest degree, and even if we disregard all your other flaws, I sincerely doubt any sort of commoner is going to have a semblance of chance with a princess."
Leu smirked and twisted his head his head back around, looking his superior officer right in the eye holes. "You did." Virania turned a bright shade of scarlet, not crimson or magenta, but the scarlet of true embarrassment, though luckily her mask hid it well.
"G-god d-dammit just go over th-there. I'll introduce myself to the prince in the meantime." With that Virania hurridly stormed off, but not before spinning her body around and yelling towards her hapless friend "I SEVERELY REGRET THAT RELATIONSHIP, BY THE WAY!"

"I KNOW YOU DID! WHO WOULDN'T!?" Yelled back Leu as he "nonchalantly" slid up against the wall next to the princess. "Excuse me baby?" he asked in a manner that was supposed to be sly, but was truly just creepy. "Did you fall down here from heaven, because-" shit, how'd that second part go? thought Leu to himself "-you've stolen my heart." Crap, that was wrong, that was so wrong. ABORT MISSION! ABORT MISSION! Leu began to nervously laugh all to loudly as he attempted to slip away from the princess and arriving guests. Meanwhile Virania led herself up to the prince, holding out her hand for his to grab.

"An honor to meet you, Prince Christopher." She said blandly.

[spoiler=OOC Valaran]It was a combination of that and loud dub-step playing on a loop as Virania and Leu physically fought about who should get radio privileges. :p
[/spoiler]

Princess Alanna gasped at the man. never had she been appoarched in such a way. she put her hand to her thoart and glanced around slightly confused at what had just happen. she said quiet not wanting to be rude. the Imperial Class guards keep a eye on Leu.

Crown Prince Christopher II walked down the stairs. he nodded at Madame Virania. he held himself in a high and regal manner, looking at Virania he spoke softly.

"Bonjour, welcome to the grand Purple Palace."

Servinta wrote:"Should we have brought,guards,they have guards,oh why did we leave those troops back at the plane?" Grov questioned as he saw the eight masked Imperial Class Guards.

"Oh come off it man,It's a masquerade ball, not a war council." Malkite shushed the somewhat nervous ambassador.
"Besides the Arch-Leader saw no need for the Arch-Guard to escort us here."
"Look around you,Its a beautiful day,in a beautiful place that's surrounded by guards of a friendly nation." he gestured to the marble walls and the guards who lined them.
"The only thing to fear here is that someone may have better masks than us" he said with a funny smirk on his face.

They looked over at the other delegations who had already arrived ahead of them and started to mentally compare the quality and festivity of the masks to their own,sadly the masks they wore were a mark less than a few of the others.

When they approached Princess Alanna they all gave a respectful and synchronized bow in her presence.The Arch-Leader stood in front with Malkite and Grov close behind him.

"The Arch-Leader of Servinta bids you a thousand greetings." Malkite spoke for his master as usual.
"I am Malkite,thirty seventh Arch-Orator and the speaker for the Arch-Leader."
"I am Grov ambassador of Servinta to this great nation." Grov said with a second bow

"And might the Arch-Leader say, that this palace looks almost as wonderful as you do today princess" Malkite commented

Princess Alanna looked stairght at the archleader.

" Welcome your highness, it is a pleasure to have you here, though a shame we may not hear your voice. but i will respect your aspects on life. thank you for the compliment though you are simply to kind. i could never compare the beauity of nature around us nor my dear brother's project."

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Allied Connurist States » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Connor and Emily walked through the open doors to the palace, and, after taking a brief moment to observe the interior of the palace, began looking around the people inside. There was someone who had just been engaged in what looked like an awkward situation with a woman who had stunning, long black hair, and an abundance of guards.
A delegation approached the aforementioned woman, and the Connurist couple, recognising them as the Valarans, came to the conclusion that the woman was the Deritain Princess. They also observed the odd and striking similarities that what looked like all the servants shared.

"Why so many guards" began Connor. "This is a ball, no? I sure hope they're not expecting something."
"So you're telling me that if we host something; you're going to dismiss our Imperial Guard?" replied Emily sceptically.
"Fair point" he responded casually. Just the thought of guards possibly expecting something had triggered a list of scenarios in Connor's mind, and it made him slightly worried and cautious "You carrying your PDP?" (a handgun)
"Ha, where am I supposed to conceal that in this dress!?" answered Emily, laughing. Connor was a clever man, and it had been proven by his qualifications and their relationship together, but oh boy, he asked some stupid questions sometimes.
"Oh, don't make me think about that! he returned, grinning.

Connor's previous worries had been all but forgotten, and he was ready for a damn good time. But, of course, that was to be expected in such a wonderful palace, with friendly leaders, right?
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

Kingdom of Derita
Senator

Postby Kingdom of Derita » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Allied Connurist States wrote:The two rulers of the Allied Connurist States had just recently arrived in Derita by plane, and now Emperor Connor and Empress Emily sat together in the back of a luxurious, and assumedly armoured car. The road leading up the mountain was simply delightful, and it was a shame that it could not be enjoyed to its full potential due to the slow and careful driver. At this particular moment, Connor wanted nothing more than to be driving up here in something decidedly more sporty, and to throw it into the fantastic corners. In addition, the view was spectacular, and that alone kept the two Imperials occupied for a while.

Connor turned to his wife "I heard that the Valaran Royals and the Neighland Ambassador will be here; it was a joy to meet them in Lithuania". The smile on Connor's face turned briefly into a frown as he thought of the tragedies that had occured in that nation since they had been. "Don't forget about the hosts though, I think we can expect the Deritains to be just as nice" she replied. The two were wearing matching masks - everyone there would know that they were together.

Just then, the mountain mansion came into view. It was like something out of a work of fiction, and was visually stunning. It made the Imperial Palace back home feel average! The car came to a halt, and the couple got out.

Servants lead the couple inside with the rest of the guest. Christopher nodded to the arriving couple and Emperor Skaran of Valaran. Servants arrived and cared sliver platters caring the winest fine. until several months ago alchol was illegal in Derita, but they decided to adopt the style of there northern neighbor, Great Hyruke. now alchol was legal to the Imperial Family and foriegn delegates while it was still illegal to the rest of the empire.

Sensing the uncomfort they were causing, the Imperil guards left, and went to their private stations. Princess Alanna smiled with her perfect white teeth at the Valaran Emperor.

"It is such a honor to finally meet you.''

The Princess spoke up and asked everyone to follow her. she and her brother lead them up the stairs and in to the ballroom. it was large and eight 20ft tall pillars, however the pillars did not reach the ceiling and instead stopped into platforms. atop the platforms were musicians, from piano to harp to guitar on each pillar. it was to represent as if the heavens had opened and let music pour down on to them.

Neighland
Attaché

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Neighland » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:40 pm

The Neighlandian convoy soon arrived before the gates of the palace.
Ambassador Stuart just stared and admired the beautiful architecture of the palace that was not so much looming in a threatening way, but was incredibly large when compared to other buildings he had seen on the journey.

He could not appreciate the aesthetics for long though; almost as soon as the convoy came to a stop 34 troops came rushing from their vehicles and into two square formations facing each other and creating somewhat of a hallway between the Ambassadors car and the palace gates.
His vehicles driver (whom the ambassador had taken no notice of getting out of the car) was standing just beside the Ambassadors door expectantly.
Far from him to keep anyone waiting he left the vehicle with earnest and started making the somewhat long journey through the corridor of heavily armed troops with the vehicles driver by his side, assuming the position of bodyguard he guessed.
Proud Member of ATLAS!

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:13 pm

"Thank you your highness, and likewise." He nodded back to Prince Christopher, curious why the man didn't introduce himself.

Edric graciously accepted a glass, nodding in thanks. He kept two of his own guards near him; it didn't hurt to be cautious. He tasted it gently, and smiled in appreciation; a lifetime of attending court balls did have its perks.

Meanwhile, Lyanna wondered who the mysterious prince was. Acting more on impulse than anything else, she decided to leave her siblings behind and keep pace with the Deritans instead. "So..." she began to Princess Alanna next to her. She then realized she didn't have anything to say. "... your brother seems quite reserved" she managed after a small moment of panic.

William, for his part was left a little behind in the flow of footsteps and the recurring sound of polite chatter. He hardly recognized anyone here, and the masks didn't exactly help. Nor did he especially feel like drinking... actually, it might help, so he politely took his own glass, making sure to thank the servant kindly.
Last edited by Valaran on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:38 pm

The trio of Servintans followed the royals into the ballroom and were almost stopped cold by the grand design that outlined the walls of the gigantic room,making them feel as if they were ants in a grand cathedral.Eight pillars stood as twenty foot tall obelisks that reached up to the sky, oddly enough the pillars did not come to reach the ceiling and instead was topped by large platforms.Upon the tops of these platforms were live musicians, piano,harp,guitar and many other instruments sat on each pillars perch.

As amazing as it was, the people who had entered the room were more interesting to see and speak with than the walls of the building.There was a man who was among the Valaran group,who had not been taking part in the conversations and Grov who saw no real reason to grip the Arch-Leaders coat tails and fell back to talk with him.

"Pleasure to meet you..." Grov left the name as an open question,extending out a handshake to the lad

The Arch-Leader and Malkite walked and he had Malkite talk to their fellow guests as they proceeded to move along the massive ballroom floor,when offered drinks the Arch-Leader lightly shook his head in polite refusal as he gestured to Malkite.

"Oh I couldn't your Archness....,well maybe just one drink won't bother me" he said,taking a glass and sipping the quality drink it held.
Last edited by Servinta on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zercera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zercera » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Servants lead the couple inside with the rest of the guest. Christopher nodded to the arriving couple and Emperor Skaran of Valaran. Servants arrived and cared sliver platters caring the winest fine. until several months ago alchol was illegal in Derita, but they decided to adopt the style of there northern neighbor, Great Hyruke. now alchol was legal to the Imperial Family and foriegn delegates while it was still illegal to the rest of the empire.

Sensing the uncomfort they were causing, the Imperil guards left, and went to their private stations. Princess Alanna smiled with her perfect white teeth at the Valaran Emperor.

"It is such a honor to finally meet you.''

The Princess spoke up and asked everyone to follow her. she and her brother lead them up the stairs and in to the ballroom. it was large and eight 20ft tall pillars, however the pillars did not reach the ceiling and instead stopped into platforms. atop the platforms were musicians, from piano to harp to guitar on each pillar. it was to represent as if the heavens had opened and let music pour down on to them.

The Zerceran delegation let themselves breathe in the moment as they took a quick reprieve from the bouts of awkwardness they had received throughout the masquerade
"You know what this reminds me of?" inquired Leu to his associate.
"Hm?" Replied Virania, nonchalantly.
"AL-E'Jamin, you remember that? With the ladders?" Leu Laughed slightly to himself.
"How could I forget?" Virania smiled. "That was right after you had joined the rebellion, right? Well, thereal rebellion at least. You were a greener soldier than a frickin' beanstalk. I swear, it seemed that every imperial bullet was trained at your greased-back little head."
"But we won though, didn't we?" Leu sighed "It was hard, and we lost a lot of good soldiers, but when we crossed that frickin' chasm to the other side and let those damn cannons reign on the imperials, I swear I had never felt that good before. But you were the real hero there, weren't you "Muse of Death and Revolution"?"
"I always hated that you got the cooler nickname "Master of the Barricade."" Laughed Virania.
"Don't forget "Hero of Terania."" Leu smugly said. Virania narrowed her eyes and looked into his masked face.
"You know I never will." There was a long pause before she continued. "So how'd you do with the princess anyway?"
"Oh I messed up." Leu shook his head back and forth. "I messed up bad."
"Like "Your misogyny has caused us to declare war on you bad?" Virania raised an eyebrow. Leu raised up one finger and angrily waggled it in Virania's face.
"THAT WAS ONE TIME V! ONE TIME!" He spat out. "And you know what, I will bet you that I can act as a perfect gentleman to a girl!"
"That has never been proven." Virania rolled her eyes. "But the usual wager?"
"Of course. Get ready to loose an outt. But first let me find a woman I have not already embarrassed myself towards."

Leu spun around on his heels and began to search for a woman to manipulate to win a bet proving he could be nice towards women. But before eh left on his quest he backtracked quickly to a taller fancier man than him. "Excuse me, your majestly." Leu slurred, merely assuming that this man, who was in fact, Prince William, was royalty. "But my friend over there is really shy, and she has just been eyeing you all night, and it would mean the world to me if you would ask her to dance." He looked over at Virania and gave a fake thumbs up, to which Virania responded with a different finger. Leu smiled at the Prince and cursed Virania under his breath "Please?" he asked "For me."

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:31 pm

"William, from the Valaran Empire. And its a pleasure to meet you as well." replied the prince, shaking hands. There was no need to say he was royalty, and besides he felt any attempt to do so would be a touch arrogant. Seeing as he had 'somehow' already finished his glass, he turned to put it back down... and accidentally bumped into another man walking up to him. Maybe the alcohol has already taken affect he thought, as the man said something he just about caught. "Oh I'm no king, sir, just a prince." he replied politely, brushing a strand of longish hair out of his face. Apparently I'm now the center of attention, in more ways than one... how did that happen?

"All night you say?" He was still sober enough though to notice her own expression, and floating at the back of his mind was the vague thought that the guests had only been together for less than half-an hour (not to mention the man from Servinta he'd just met). His feet, on the other hand, seemed to have decide for him, were already propelling himself forwards to her. All too soon he was face to face with his mysterious partner.

"Uh" he began brilliantly. This is certainly going well. "You think he could have at least set me up with a pickup line before sending me here." he managed, with a somewhat boyish smile. "I'm William, by the way." he adding holding out his hand.
Last edited by Valaran on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Grand Kingdom of Gilneas
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Kingdom of Gilneas » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:54 pm

A Gilnean messenger Runs in past the guards and says The great war of Gilneas has begone!!
Join Gilneas In its Struggle !!!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=310200

Zercera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zercera » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:41 pm

"William, from the Valaran Empire. And its a pleasure to meet you as well." replied the prince, shaking hands. There was no need to say he was royalty, and besides he felt any attempt to do so would be a touch arrogant. Seeing as he had 'somehow' already finished his glass, he turned to put it back down... and accidentally bumped into another man walking up to him. Maybe the alcohol has already taken affect he thought, as the man said something he just about caught. "Oh I'm no king, sir, just a prince." he replied politely, brushing a strand of longish hair out of his face. Apparently I'm now the center of attention, in more ways than one... how did that happen?

"All night you say?" He was still sober enough though to notice her own expression, and floating at the back of his mind was the vague thought that the guests had only been together for less than half-an hour (not to mention the man from Servinta he'd just met). His feet, on the other hand, seemed to have decide for him, were already propelling himself forwards to her. All too soon he was face to face with his mysterious partner.

"Uh" he began brilliantly. This is certainly going well. "You think he could have at least set me up with a pickup line before sending me here." he managed, with a somewhat boyish smile. "I'm William, by the way." he adding holding out his hand.

Virania lifted out her hand and shook William's with a grip as cold and hard as steel. "Virania Parabola. Charmed." She quickly withdrew her hand, sending her hidden eyes scouring every detail of the young man's body. The way he talked, his posture, where he could possibly be storing any sort of weapon, everything was cataloged and categorized in an instant. "You're royalty right? I can spot it on sight. Tell me, what kind of aura am I putting off that causes royal ty to flock to me in droves? Or in simpler terms: This isn't a diplomatic visit, what do you need?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates