NATION

PASSWORD

The Wartime Gazette - People Mobilize for Victory

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
User avatar
Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 460
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Wartime Gazette - People Mobilize for Victory

Postby Kazmr » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 pm

The People's Republic Shall Stand Firm

Image


Accompanying Documentary on the People's Liberation Army



Comrades! The revolution is under siege!

In the ten months since the October Revolution, we have faced countless attacks from the bourgeois, maddened by the resounding success of our worker's state. They have spared no expense, digging up entire canyons for dirt and draining lakes for water to arm their industrial-scale mudslinging machines. They have predicted with ever changing opinions that our fall is just around the corner. They have attacked one Lazarene after another, only to hold them up as some relic of a bygone era when it suits their needs. And yet here we stand, mighty as ever and carrying the red banner ever forward. In ten months we have forged a community from citizens new and old, carved out alliances with those who once stood against us, and proved that the devious words of the criminal classes have no sway. But we now face our mightiest challenge yet.

In recent months, our fellow sinker Osiris has taken a nosedive into insanity. This region we once held close ties with, one whose the announcement of a return to stable government by Lord Ravenclaw is still one of the most lauded posts on our previous forum and who even offered military support in times of transition, has turned into little more than a front with which to assault Lazarus and her allies.

They have claimed that our people bore them insult; perhaps endless shifting alliances have stolen Cormac's sense of humor. Is old Karpathos not known for his sarcasm and wit? Is an idle jab, in the gameplay forum of all places and in response to an insult to our own community, now tantamount to bloody murder?

The answer is clearly no.

They have claimed that we have harbored those who have done their own region ill, yet has our regions policy for time immemorial not been to be a place for a second chance, and what is more do they not do the very same? How can Cormac, one who couped the region itself, forget that Douria, his own Vizier, has been involved in more regional chaos than just about any man? Or that his cabinet-man and present banner-holder of the anti-Lazarene cause NES has admitted that his main cause in Lazarus was to keep the region inactive so that it would not present a threat to his scheming clique? Is Lazarus the world's sole region responsible for taking in repentant masses?

The answer is clearly no.

They have claimed that we mean to do them harm, and yet for all of their mean endorsement levels have we once lifted a finger with our allies to strike them?

The answer is clearly no.

They have claimed with shrill whines that our move to a more secure forum is nothing but a purge or posture, not knowing the facts of our region any better than they know the toil of the fields or the factory floor. They do not know that Hobbes attempted to force our admins into real world legal contracts, an absurdity on this site. Nor do they realize that he wanted non-Lazerenes, raiders at that, as global mods with access to the most secure forums of one of the foremost defender regions. They do not even comprehend the fact that he stated in private that the opinion of the government didn't hold any weight in his determination of who should hold administrative positions, on a forum whose license was paid for by Milograd (who still holds the license). Have we done wrong by attempting to secure our community from an encroaching and power-hungry forum administration?

The answer is clearly no.

They have even tried to claim that treatied allies moving to the defense of our region, in anticipation of their own declaration of war, represents some turn towards fascism. Is defending your friends now the sole domain of evil?

The answer is clearly no.

In no uncertain terms, we are appalled by the Fraternal Order's wanton acts of aggression and tireless manipulative lies against our region, and yet we shall stand strong; a mighty rock withstanding the encroaching sea, a great wall withstanding endless hordes of barbarians, a united people withstanding the attempts of the oppressors to return us to enslavement. And we know that we do not stand alone: even now our allies are gathering their strength to stand at our side, willing to stand strong against the numerous raider and imperialist threat.

The coming days shall be a time of reckoning for Lazarus, but we have no doubt that our region shall emerge victorious.

In the words of the eternal Vanguard, Chairman Milograd:

"All reactionaries are paper tigers. In appearance, the reactionaries are terrifying, but in reality they are not so powerful. From a long-term point of view, it is not the reactionaries but the people of Lazarus who are really powerful."
Last edited by Kazmr on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

User avatar
Todd McCloud
Senator
 
Posts: 4075
Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:58 pm

It's been done.
Hey I wrote a second book! Feel like reading?
This is the first book!

"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II
Vekaiyu's Wiki Page | Ikrisia Levinile's Wiki Page | Vekaiyu & Kelssek co-hosted the XII Summer Olympiad

User avatar
Xoriet
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1739
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31FSj7RuqGU

Dear god, WHY?! It was bad enough when Lazarus linked it at the World Fair! I'll never get that tune out of my head now! :(
Legatus of the New Pacific Order

I am the harm that you inflict,
I am your weapons and your light.

User avatar
Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 460
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:06 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:It's been done.

But not with this much elan ;)
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

User avatar
District XIV
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5990
Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:09 pm

This be remind me of this ;)

User avatar
Venico of Venico
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico of Venico » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:10 pm

[18:43] <+DYP> PRL was a mistake


Yup, sounds like your former citizens have the same confidence you do. :roll:

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Urgh, whether your reasoning is logical or not is annoyingly hard to determine, since you've doused it in the usual communist bullshit that makes it a pain to read.
Last edited by Consular on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Todd McCloud
Senator
 
Posts: 4075
Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:12 pm

Kazmr wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:It's been done.

But not with this much elan ;)

I dunno. I remember the TSP could had a lot of vigor.
Hey I wrote a second book! Feel like reading?
This is the first book!

"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II
Vekaiyu's Wiki Page | Ikrisia Levinile's Wiki Page | Vekaiyu & Kelssek co-hosted the XII Summer Olympiad

User avatar
Solorni
Minister
 
Posts: 3024
Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:17 pm

It's pretty disappointing when you hear about the issues the PRL has from its citizens, and the response is instead of structural and social reform it's blaming other people for its issues and pretending to be a victim. Sounds like the only solution is more propaganda and more suppression.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

User avatar
Venico
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1197
Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm pretty sure The Proletariat Coalition thought it's commie BS would keep it safe too. Buuuut we all know how that's working out for it.
Priest of Raider Unity!

I only regret that I have but one WA to give for my region
[21:46] <+Xoriet> How can you resist Ven? It's impossible!

User avatar
Cormac A Stark
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1034
Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Yawn. The same tired fauxmunnist propaganda from the People's Republic. Kazmr rolled out from inactivity to try to salvage the wasteland that his own failures and those of his successor dictator have created.

The days of the irrational, dictatorial regime in Lazarus are numbered. Your words ring hollow and are laughable to anyone who has been paying attention. The plain fact of the matter is that Lazarenes are voting with their feet in numbers that would alarm any rational, democratic government, but the irrational dictatorship of Lazarus can only be bothered with pursuit of their own self-interested agenda. In pursuit of this end they will take any action they deem necessary against the people of Lazarus, and as a result there is no democracy, no rule of law, in Lazarus, only the rule of the Chairman's iron fist.

The Osiris Fraternal Order is committed to returning Lazarus to her people. The regime that is occupying Lazarus is interested only in maintaining power for their own selfish ambitions and aims, and those of interregional cosmopolitans. We'll see who ends up on the right side of history.

User avatar
Ikania
Minister
 
Posts: 3441
Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ikania » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm

Solorni wrote:It's pretty disappointing when you hear about the issues the PRL has from its citizens, and the response is instead of structural and social reform it's blaming other people for its issues and pretending to be a victim. Sounds like the only solution is more propaganda and more suppression.

You know who wanted social and structural reform? Llamas. For that he got kicked out. Down with the PRL!
Cormac A Stark wrote:*snip*

I'm of a mind to move to Osiris right now, you guys sound fun.
Venico of Venico wrote:
[18:43] <+DYP> PRL was a mistake


Yup, sounds like your former citizens have the same confidence you do. :roll:

Oh yes. We are very, VERY confident in our ex-rulers.
Last edited by Ikania on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Propaganda, Wintercrest. Proud Snow Mexican. Bettering every day.
Wim Dirksen MP, of the Unity and Consolidation Party in the NS Parliament

Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85
My interests: Everton, string instruments (guitar, banjo, mandolin), world history, political theory, international affairs.
Add me on Discord! Ike#3548

User avatar
Solorni
Minister
 
Posts: 3024
Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Kazmr wrote:
The People's Republic Shall Stand Firm Ridiculed

Fixed the title of the speech.
Last edited by Solorni on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

User avatar
Detective Figs
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 53
Founded: Aug 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Detective Figs » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:31 pm

... perhaps endless shifting alliances have stolen Cormac's sense of humor.



It's funny you should mention the shifting alliances of Cormac while holding near and dear your comrade who, in the course of a year couped TSP, was a Black Hawk, was NPO, founded PRL, and then became Archchancellor of the FRA. In a year. And I think he's a great guy, still.

Why is it Cormac is the poster boy for switching sides? There are others who have switched just as often, if not more.

User avatar
Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 460
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:34 pm

District XIV wrote:This be remind me of this ;)

They do look rather snappy in those uniforms.

Consular wrote:Urgh, whether your reasoning is logical or not is annoyingly hard to determine, since you've doused it in the usual communist bullshit that makes it a pain to read.

We in the PRL believe in a post-logic society; what need is there for reason in a worker's paradise?

In all seriousness, its a shame that people still can't get over our theme; every other piece in NS is doused with plenty of rhetoric and community humor. I don't hear you complain when Malice RPs their announcements, or when TEP misspells the word cake.

Todd McCloud wrote:
Kazmr wrote:But not with this much elan ;)

I dunno. I remember the TSP could had a lot of vigor.

We try ;)


Solorni wrote:It's pretty disappointing when you hear about the issues the PRL has from its citizens, and the response is instead of structural and social reform it's blaming other people for its issues and pretending to be a victim. Sounds like the only solution is more propaganda and more suppression.

Lets see... citizens who think that the way to democratic reform is a coup? Quite reliable sources these little birdies of yours!

Cormac A Stark wrote:Yawn. The same tired fauxmunnist propaganda from the People's Republic. Kazmr rolled out from inactivity to try to salvage the wasteland that his own failures and those of his successor dictator have created.

The days of the irrational, dictatorial regime in Lazarus are numbered. Your words ring hollow and are laughable to anyone who has been paying attention. The plain fact of the matter is that Lazarenes are voting with their feet in numbers that would alarm any rational, democratic government, but the irrational dictatorship of Lazarus can only be bothered with pursuit of their own self-interested agenda. In pursuit of this end they will take any action they deem necessary against the people of Lazarus, and as a result there is no democracy, no rule of law, in Lazarus, only the rule of the Chairman's iron fist.

The Osiris Fraternal Order is committed to returning Lazarus to her people. The regime that is occupying Lazarus is interested only in maintaining power for their own selfish ambitions and aims, and those of interregional cosmopolitans. We'll see who ends up on the right side of history.

Need some coffee Cormac?

I wasn't exactly rolled out from inactivity, mind you. It is summer after all, work and vacation tend to leave a bit less time for NS :P Just happen to have a break from that at the moment.

I haven't really seen too many people leaving. A few who, as I said earlier, decided that the way to bring about 'democratic reform' was a coup, and DYP who is a legitimate shame to see go, but people come and go all the time.

Also, how many times have you brought up these fabled 'people' of Lazarus? I've never, ever heard you actually name one of them :P
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

User avatar
Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 460
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Solorni wrote:
Kazmr wrote:
The People's Republic Shall Stand Firm Ridiculed

Fixed the title of the speech.

:clap:
Good one!
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:41 pm

Kazmr wrote:We in the PRL believe in a post-logic society; what need is there for reason in a worker's paradise?

In all seriousness, its a shame that people still can't get over our theme; every other piece in NS is doused with plenty of rhetoric and community humor. I don't hear you complain when Malice RPs their announcements, or when TEP misspells the word cake.


TEP misspelling cake is certainly not the same as writing... whatever this was supposed to be. But anyway, probably because Malice and TEP don't write in illogical propaganda constantly - and indeed don't use it as a shield to justify actions they take. Or maybe I just never got over your choice of an oppressive, corrupt, and murderous regime as a regional theme.
Last edited by Consular on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ikania
Minister
 
Posts: 3441
Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ikania » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Kazmr wrote:Lets see... citizens who think that the way to democratic reform is a coup? Quite reliable sources these little birdies of yours!

Kaz, you have this really mixed up.

Group of people want democracy. Llamas is leader. Someone leaks this info (glares at Lenny). Funk takes it as a threat to his power and deposes the leader of the group simply because he was going to petition for a more honest and democratic government.

Only AFTER did I propose a coup, which never took place because I realized it wasn't worth it, so I grabbed some popcorn and sat back to watch the PRL crumble.
Minister of Propaganda, Wintercrest. Proud Snow Mexican. Bettering every day.
Wim Dirksen MP, of the Unity and Consolidation Party in the NS Parliament

Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85
My interests: Everton, string instruments (guitar, banjo, mandolin), world history, political theory, international affairs.
Add me on Discord! Ike#3548

User avatar
Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 460
Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Consular wrote:TEP misspelling cake is certainly not the same as writing... whatever this was supposed to be. But anyway, probably because Malice and TEP don't write in illogical propaganda constantly - and indeed don't use it as a shield to justify actions they take. Or maybe I just never got over your choice of an oppressive, corrupt, and murderous regime as a regional theme.

Just pointing out that its part of the fun we in the region have with each other. We enjoy it, our friends enjoy it, no need to kick over our sandcastle because you refuse to have fun :P
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

User avatar
Karpathos
Diplomat
 
Posts: 790
Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Ikania wrote:
Kazmr wrote:Lets see... citizens who think that the way to democratic reform is a coup? Quite reliable sources these little birdies of yours!

Kaz, you have this really mixed up.

Group of people want democracy. Llamas is leader. Someone leaks this info (glares at Lenny). Funk takes it as a threat to his power and deposes the leader of the group simply because he was going to petition for a more honest and democratic government.

Only AFTER did I propose a coup, which never took place because I realized it wasn't worth it, so I grabbed some popcorn and sat back to watch the PRL crumble.


I remember when people said the same about TP. You can sit in the waiting room with CG,
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Kazmr wrote:Just pointing out that its part of the fun we in the region have with each other. We enjoy it, our friends enjoy it, no need to kick over our sandcastle because you refuse to have fun :P

Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who enjoys watching sandcastles fall down. :)

Edit: Especially oppressive, undemocratic sandcastles with annoying rhetoric.
Last edited by Consular on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ikania
Minister
 
Posts: 3441
Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ikania » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Karpathos wrote:
Ikania wrote:Kaz, you have this really mixed up.

Group of people want democracy. Llamas is leader. Someone leaks this info (glares at Lenny). Funk takes it as a threat to his power and deposes the leader of the group simply because he was going to petition for a more honest and democratic government.

Only AFTER did I propose a coup, which never took place because I realized it wasn't worth it, so I grabbed some popcorn and sat back to watch the PRL crumble.


I remember when people said the same about TP. You can sit in the waiting room with CG,

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Minister of Propaganda, Wintercrest. Proud Snow Mexican. Bettering every day.
Wim Dirksen MP, of the Unity and Consolidation Party in the NS Parliament

Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85
My interests: Everton, string instruments (guitar, banjo, mandolin), world history, political theory, international affairs.
Add me on Discord! Ike#3548

User avatar
District XIV
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5990
Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Consular wrote:
Kazmr wrote:Just pointing out that its part of the fun we in the region have with each other. We enjoy it, our friends enjoy it, no need to kick over our sandcastle because you refuse to have fun :P

Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who enjoys watching sandcastles fall down. :)

Who doesn't? It's better to see what can be built with the remains than holding onto a crumbling structure.
Last edited by District XIV on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ikania
Minister
 
Posts: 3441
Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ikania » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Consular wrote:
Kazmr wrote:Just pointing out that its part of the fun we in the region have with each other. We enjoy it, our friends enjoy it, no need to kick over our sandcastle because you refuse to have fun :P

Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who enjoys watching sandcastles fall down. :)

Going in my sig :p
Minister of Propaganda, Wintercrest. Proud Snow Mexican. Bettering every day.
Wim Dirksen MP, of the Unity and Consolidation Party in the NS Parliament

Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85
My interests: Everton, string instruments (guitar, banjo, mandolin), world history, political theory, international affairs.
Add me on Discord! Ike#3548

User avatar
Solorni
Minister
 
Posts: 3024
Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:55 pm

Ikania wrote:
Karpathos wrote:
I remember when people said the same about TP. You can sit in the waiting room with CG,

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Karp is using outdated references again. It's a common theme for some reason or the other :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arelauni, Free Ravensburg

Advertisement

Remove ads