NATION

PASSWORD

what do you like or dislike about Russia?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kalnisov
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalnisov » Mon May 17, 2010 4:38 pm

I don't know much about Russia, but I have recently developed a desire to visit Moscow.
For strudel and the motherland!

"We are entitled to our own opinions but we are not entitled to our own facts."- Al Franken

Self--Esteem
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Self--Esteem » Mon May 17, 2010 4:39 pm

The moon planet wrote:
Self--Esteem wrote:Likes: the Romanovs, the Imperial anthem, Siberian taiga and tundra.

Dislikes: Every Russian president (with the exception of Jelzin and Gorbachev). Especially Putin and Medvedev. the KGB. Soviet Anthem. Russian demeanours (especially the rich, Russian elite).

Umm I'm kind of a rich Russian...

The kind with the vile demeanour?

The moon planet
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The moon planet » Mon May 17, 2010 4:39 pm

well I live there and it's freaking awesome..

Israslovakahzerbajan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Israslovakahzerbajan » Mon May 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Techno-Soviet wrote:
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Traces of Opression

Lol.

Okay, present opression...with traces of past opression.
Last edited by Israslovakahzerbajan on Mon May 17, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC name: El Reino Panamericano/El Reino de La Dorada
IC Flag: Follow this link

México-Americano, por nacimiento. Nacionalista de mi país adoptivo: México.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Oh, I bet it counts alright...otaku gets anyone a x50 multiplier on their hell points.

Amisille
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Amisille » Mon May 17, 2010 4:43 pm

The moon planet wrote:
Self--Esteem wrote:Likes: the Romanovs, the Imperial anthem, Siberian taiga and tundra.

Dislikes: Every Russian president (with the exception of Jelzin and Gorbachev). Especially Putin and Medvedev. the KGB. Soviet Anthem. Russian demeanours (especially the rich, Russian elite).

The boastfulness ;)

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Mon May 17, 2010 4:44 pm

I dislike that they foolishly relinquished what was arguably at least a badly-implemented communist system for an oligarchic, feudalist tyranny that is putting the rest of Eastern Europe on edge in case there is another invasion. Russia today is an immoral and corrupt country and a breeding ground for fascists, whilst the countries surrounding it have been immeasurably damaged both economically and culturally thanks to many years of wanton imperialism at the hands of Moscow.

On the other hand, I find Russians are a good laugh :lol2: Seriously, as a people, I love them, I just despair that they have had a seemingly endless succession of dreadful rulers.
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

The moon planet
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The moon planet » Mon May 17, 2010 4:47 pm

Amisille wrote:
The moon planet wrote:

The boastfulness ;)

not to brag or anything

Self--Esteem
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Self--Esteem » Mon May 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Solyhniya wrote:I dislike that they foolishly relinquished what was arguably at least a badly-implemented communist system for an oligarchic, feudalist tyranny that is putting the rest of Eastern Europe on edge in case there is another invasion. Russia today is an immoral and corrupt country and a breeding ground for fascists, whilst the countries surrounding it have been immeasurably damaged both economically and culturally thanks to many years of wanton imperialism at the hands of Moscow.

On the other hand, I find Russians are a good laugh :lol2: Seriously, as a people, I love them, I just despair that they have had a seemingly endless succession of dreadful rulers.

At least people are allowed to joke, today. It sounds pathetic, but joking was prohibited in the USSR until 1970.

New Texoma Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Texoma Land » Mon May 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Rolamec wrote:I dislike them because their Russian. ;)

Because of their Russian what? Don't leave us hanging like that.

Lakhon
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lakhon » Mon May 17, 2010 4:55 pm

I likes Molotov cocktails and dislikes Communism.
I can make flags, TG me any of your requests.
My Haiku:
Five syllable line
Seven syllables in line
Five in this line too

I am the Flag Saver. Beware, if your flag is awesome I may save it to my computer.
Run, charge, and/or die!
My cousin(Alta):"The past affects the people who affect the present"
My cousin(Alta):"MYYYYYYYYYYYY BUUUUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
My grandfather:"2 or 7"
My father:"It's my opinion and I have the right to have it."
Reblle wrote:I love war and every one has a opinion against me and that I am a Nazi. State your opinion here and I will read them but don't use anger.
FACEPALM
North Wiedna wrote:Life is either priceless or useless.
Lakhon has one colony, Rohov.

Conoga
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conoga » Mon May 17, 2010 4:56 pm

i think it's pretty nice there..

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Mon May 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Self--Esteem wrote:
Solyhniya wrote:I dislike that they foolishly relinquished what was arguably at least a badly-implemented communist system for an oligarchic, feudalist tyranny that is putting the rest of Eastern Europe on edge in case there is another invasion. Russia today is an immoral and corrupt country and a breeding ground for fascists, whilst the countries surrounding it have been immeasurably damaged both economically and culturally thanks to many years of wanton imperialism at the hands of Moscow.

At least people are allowed to joke, today. It sounds pathetic, but joking was prohibited in the USSR until 1970.

True. At the same time, most people go without basic commodities and healthcare, while the rich wallow around like the fat cats they are, happily silencing anyway who dissents. I would rather live under the stern watch of the Politburo than have to have bribe money ready at all times, just in case a meet an antagonistic policeman or if I need medical treatment for my dying child.
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Self--Esteem
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Self--Esteem » Mon May 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Solyhniya wrote:
Self--Esteem wrote:

True. At the same time, most people go without basic commodities and healthcare, while the rich wallow around like the fat cats they are, happily silencing anyway who dissents. I would rather live under the stern watch of the Politburo than have to have bribe money ready at all times, just in case a meet an antagonistic policeman or if I need medical treatment for my dying child.

As if the USSR wasn't about bribery, as well. :roll:

And I don't think you could care for your child, when a paranoia driven dictator puts you into jail for laughing.

Starway Islands
Lobbyist

Founded: May 14, 2010
Conservative Democracy

Postby Starway Islands » Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Language is cool. Its governments were quite nasty, but that can be said of any major nation, and is often said of my own, so I won't hold that against the Russian people and culture. Most of the ethnic Russians that I know are nice people.

I would only ask that they do more for the Caucasian and Siberian ethnic minorities that live under their rule, to stop them from acculturating.

Nazistisches Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazistisches Reich » Mon May 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Russian soldiers are full of them selves
Nazistisches Reich Military Equipment
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=50044

Nazistisches Reich National Anthem
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57610

Grandais
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandais » Mon May 17, 2010 5:07 pm

I like Russia. Their police are evil though, and there's quite a bit of corruption.
DEFCON 5 [4] 3 2 1
Grandais News|Factbook|Embassies

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon May 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Vladmir Putin
KGB
AK series
Migs
The Antov 2

"In Soviet Russia..." jokes
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Israslovakahzerbajan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Israslovakahzerbajan » Mon May 17, 2010 9:52 pm

IC name: El Reino Panamericano/El Reino de La Dorada
IC Flag: Follow this link

México-Americano, por nacimiento. Nacionalista de mi país adoptivo: México.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Oh, I bet it counts alright...otaku gets anyone a x50 multiplier on their hell points.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm

mostly that it is a place that has trains and that i otherwise know almost nothing else about,
just as i have a great deal of theoretical liking for any place of which both can be said.
conditioned of course, on the relative absence of more overriding drawbacks.
which is again, not known personally to me with any great certainty either way.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Delator
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Delator » Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm

I like Russia because America and Russia have far more in common than either would like to admit.

I dislike Russia because America and Russia have far more in common than either would like to admit.
Those that seek to place heel upon the throat of Liberty will fall to the cry of Freedom!

Tunizcha
Senator

Founded: Mar 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tunizcha » Mon May 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Vladimir Putin.

Not for dislike or like. Just fear.
Barzan wrote: I'll stick with rape, thank you.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's Rape night on NSG.
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.

The Southern Dictators
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Southern Dictators » Mon May 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Lakhon wrote:I likes Molotov cocktails and dislikes Communism.

This^
PT Factbook Under ConstructionPMT Factbook Under Heavy ConstructionFT Factbook Under Heavy Construction

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Volnotova wrote:Oh ffs, if there is one thing I can't stand it is this plethora of weeping and depressed people in this thread that will not hesitate to use every opportunity available to exlcaim how something like this made them lose (all) faith in humanity(including themselves).

:palm: x 3

Cqvjesse
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cqvjesse » Mon May 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Dislike
Thier government leaders still act like soviet thugs. >:(
It to damn cold
Has HOT women
Cool history(for the ppl of twisted mindset)
VODKA
Come to the Dark Side we have COOKIES!!!
Are you surprised we lied about the cookies?

Made you look;D

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Mon May 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Russian Women...nuff said.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Germanoslavia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Germanoslavia » Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 pm

This nerd here absolutely loves Russian symphonic music with composers such as Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Mussorgsky, Prokofiev, Rachmaninoff, Stravinsky, Glinka, Kalinnikov, and, my favourite, Dmitri Shostakovich http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogJFXqYEYd8 :clap: :clap: :clap: Я так люблю тебя !

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General