NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Silly and/or Illegal WA Proposals. zOMG!

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Wed May 20, 2009 1:57 am

REGION POLICE

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: ENCALADE

Description: I THINK WE SHOULD CREATE A REGIONAL POLICE DEPARTMENT.....BECAUSE LIKE IVE NOTICED MANY PEOPLE ATTACK YOUR REGION TRHOUGH WORDS AND BESIDES IT WOULD BE COOL AND KEEP YOUR REGION PROTECTED FROM OUTSIDE INVADERS

WHY DID HE TYPE IN ALL CAPITALS LIKE THIS? DID HE FORGET TO TAKE CAPS LOCK OFF? ALSO, THIS WILL CHANGE HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED!!! Seriously, the Founders of regions or Regional Delegates that have access to regional control panels can just boot and ban said people. Oh, sperling ist notgud her.
Last edited by The Emmerian Unions on Wed May 20, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed May 20, 2009 3:57 am

Unfortunately stupidity and lack of reading skills aren't bootable offenses. Honestly I don't have a problem with the stupid ones, though I think there should be some recourse for delegates who just blindly approve them. WA military alone has 7 delegates who think it's a legal and good proposal... and if you watch for patterns you'll see a lot of repeat offenders.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed May 20, 2009 7:38 am

It seems that there are always a handful of delegates who will approve anything, just to be approving something.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Wed May 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Nuclear Weapons

Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Fartanaina

Description: Nuclear weapons should be illegal to make and use on countries even if they try to attack you only way to use nuclear weapons is under super vision of military offical and can't ever be used to destroy places with many people. This will decrease the deaths in all nations and improve econemys in almost every single nation!

Definate Category violation. Not sure about Strength. Also, it violates a PASSED Resolution which has NOT been repealed.
The Cake is a lie!

Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed May 20, 2009 3:27 pm

The Emmerian Unions wrote:
Nuclear Weapons

Description: Nuclear weapons should be illegal to make and use on countries even if they try to attack you only way to use nuclear weapons is under super vision of military offical and can't ever be used to destroy places with many people. This will decrease the deaths in all nations and improve econemys in almost every single nation!

Definate Category violation. Not sure about Strength. Also, it violates a PASSED Resolution which has NOT been repealed.

I'm not sure about contradiction, this talks about making and using nukes, two things the NAPA doesn't mention.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Wed May 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Nuclear Weapons

I'm not sure about contradiction, this talks about making and using nukes, two things the NAPA doesn't mention.

If this Proposal reached quorum, and passed all WA nations would not be allowed to have any nuclear weapons, which the NAPA allows.
The Cake is a lie!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu May 21, 2009 7:29 am

Flibbleites wrote:
Nuclear Weapons

If this Proposal reached quorum, and passed all WA nations would not be allowed to have any nuclear weapons, which the NAPA allows.

No, it says you can't make them and you can't use them, it never once says you can't possess them.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Thu May 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Ok, moving on....

Zero Poverty Act

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice
Proposed by: Foude

Description: This resolution consists in a plan that nations will have to develop and present every 3 years in the the World Assembly. The plan will have to specify how that nation will cut poverty by 10% in those 3 years. Then when the goal is met, the nation will have to cut poverty by 10% in the next 3 years until poverty is down to 0%. If a nation doesn't achieve the goal of 0 poverty, the nation will have to pay a fine of 10,000 dollars per resident that is under poverty. Then the World Assembly is responsible of giving those 10,000 dollars to every citizen in poverty.

Wait. Wut? This feels like something that is illegal like the "Peas Allowence" thing in the rules.

The World Improval Act

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental
Industry Affected: Automobile Manufacturing
Proposed by: Justorica

Description: The World Assembly,

NOTES that many of the nations in the world, over half of their population is made up of obese people,

ALSO NOTING that the emissions given up by automobiles effect the environment, killing trees, and in the future, killing people by lack of oxygen,

PROPOSES that automobiles be banned or that automobile be sold only to those with a good reason, which would "kill three birds with one stone." This proposal would stop people from being overweight as they would have to ride a bike scooter, skateboard, etc. or walk to where they are going. It would also stop global warming and plants dying by reducing emissions, Thus, solving three of the biggest problems in the world today.

lolwut? Some nations don't have cars.
The Cake is a lie!

Justorica
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Thu May 21, 2009 6:20 pm

Legalize Weed Now!

A resolution to ban, legalize, or encourage recreational drugs.

Category: Recreational Drug Use

Decision: Outlaw

Proposed by: Norviatt

Description: Did you know that if we legalized weed in America, the national debt would be fully paid off in five years? It's a fact. As many genious people say, "Just legalize it!". The legalization of weed will not only boost economies, but it will aslo bring down the crime rates very much, and make everyone happy! So let me just say one more thing: "JUST LEGALIZE IT!"

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: Sun May 24 2009

Meta-gaming and uses the word "weed" instead of marijuana, which I find inappropriate.

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Thu May 21, 2009 6:59 pm

Justorica wrote:

Legalize Weed Now!

Description: Did you know that if we legalized weed in America, the national debt would be fully paid off in five years? It's a fact. As many genious people say, "Just legalize it!". The legalization of weed will not only boost economies, but it will aslo bring down the crime rates very much, and make everyone happy! So let me just say one more thing: "JUST LEGALIZE IT!"

Meta-gaming and uses the word "weed" instead of marijuana, which I find inappropriate.

That's not even meta-gaming. Also, wrong category.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu May 21, 2009 6:59 pm

Justorica wrote:

Legalize Weed Now!

It's also a resolution to legalize marijuana, yet the decision is outlawing it.
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Justorica
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Thu May 21, 2009 7:03 pm

It is meta-gaming because it says " If we legalize weed in America......"

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Thu May 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Justorica wrote:It is meta-gaming because it says " If we legalize weed in America......"

That's what I meant. It's not even meta-gaming, it's trying to affect something outside the game entirely.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Justorica
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Thu May 21, 2009 7:14 pm

Well, if it's trying to effect the "real world" then that is a major violation. I think both of the proposals ( they are both exactly the same and by the same person ) should be removed. They are a waste of time.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Thu May 21, 2009 9:54 pm

The Official Anti Anarchy Act

A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.

Category: Political Stability
Proposed by: The wacks

Description: THIS ACT RECOGNIZES THE NEED FOR A STRONGER POLITICAL UNITY ON OUR WORLD. THIS ACT CALLS FOR THE OFFICAIL OUTLAWING, PURSUIT, PERSECUTION, AND DISARMNAMENT OF ALL ANARCHIST GROUPS.

1) ALL MEMBER NATIONS WILL EMIDIATLEY CEASE AND DECIST FROM ALL ACTIONS THAT AIDE, OR ALLOW ANARCHIST AND ANTI GOVERNMENT GROUPS.
2) ALL ANARCHIST GROUPS WHO ARE MULTI NATIONAL WILL BE PERSECUTED AND PERSUED BY MEMBER NATIONS THAT CONTAIN CELLS OF THASES GROUPS.
3) ALL ANARCHIST GROUPS WILL AT ALL COSTS BE ELIMINATED.

THIS WILL EMIDIATLEY HELP OUR WORLD'S GOVERNMENTS STRENGTHEN AND HELP THE WA UNION REALLY CONTROL THIS GREAT PLANET.

Ideological ban!

Green Powered Cars

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Description: In order to restore the environment, we must stop the buisiness of petroleum powered cars immediatly! From now on, every car manufactured should be powered strictly from solar, biodiesel, or nuclear power.

Wait. wut? Doesn't look like it does anything. But, Nuke cars are awesome.
The Cake is a lie!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri May 22, 2009 7:32 am

Justorica wrote:It is meta-gaming because it says " If we legalize weed in America......"

That's not meta-gaming, that's a RL reference, which is still illegal.

The Official Anti Anarchy Act

A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.

Category: Political Stability
Proposed by: The wacks

Description: THIS ACT RECOGNIZES THE NEED FOR A STRONGER POLITICAL UNITY ON OUR WORLD. THIS ACT CALLS FOR THE OFFICAIL OUTLAWING, PURSUIT, PERSECUTION, AND DISARMNAMENT OF ALL ANARCHIST GROUPS.

1) ALL MEMBER NATIONS WILL EMIDIATLEY CEASE AND DECIST FROM ALL ACTIONS THAT AIDE, OR ALLOW ANARCHIST AND ANTI GOVERNMENT GROUPS.
2) ALL ANARCHIST GROUPS WHO ARE MULTI NATIONAL WILL BE PERSECUTED AND PERSUED BY MEMBER NATIONS THAT CONTAIN CELLS OF THASES GROUPS.
3) ALL ANARCHIST GROUPS WILL AT ALL COSTS BE ELIMINATED.

THIS WILL EMIDIATLEY HELP OUR WORLD'S GOVERNMENTS STRENGTHEN AND HELP THE WA UNION REALLY CONTROL THIS GREAT PLANET.

Ideological ban!
Caps Lock, cruise control for cool.

Alcohol Reform Resolution 1
Category: Moral Decency

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Czorga

Description: Realizing that alcohol is a nearly universally-ingested substance around the world,

Understanding the need to address the abuse of alcohol,

Bearing in mind the consequences of such abuse,

Acknowledging the inadequacy of many alcohol laws, especially pertaining to drinking age,

Pressing the need for reform in alcohol legislation,

----------------
Universally Abolishes the legal drinking age;

Calls for continuing education over the dangers of alcohol abuse;

Encourages the establishment of more alcohol rehabilitation centers;

Calls for a committee to monitor the effects of this resolution, and to report back to the World Assembly in 5 years;
Illegal, wrong category (should be Recreational Drug Use)

Land Mine Reduction Prevention

A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament

Proposed by: Paul Wall istan

Description: RECOGNIZING the danger that comes with remnants of past wars such as land mines, resource sabotage, and radiation.

AWARE OF the risk of serious bodily injury in cases including unmarked and unrecorded land mines.

INTENDING to remove these unnecessary and outdated explosives that pose the most danger to civilians.

The World Assembly establishes:

1. DEPLORES the continued use of hidden, indiscriminate explosives by any actor, state or non-state,

2. INVITES multilateral actions between nations to aid in the removal of land mines,

3. ENCOURAGES those who have deployed land mines to assist in the distribution of medical support for land mine victims,

4. CALLS UPON all people to immediately halt the production of land mines or similar devices,

5. URGES the use of diplomacy and international cooperation in these measures,

6. AFFIRMS that the World Assembly remain actively seized on the matter.
Considering that this really doesn't actually do anything, I'm going to say this is a little strong.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Fri May 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Land Mine Reduction Prevention

A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament

Proposed by: Paul Wall istan

Description: RECOGNIZING the danger that comes with remnants of past wars such as land mines, resource sabotage, and radiation.

AWARE OF the risk of serious bodily injury in cases including unmarked and unrecorded land mines.

INTENDING to remove these unnecessary and outdated explosives that pose the most danger to civilians.

The World Assembly establishes:

1. DEPLORES the continued use of hidden, indiscriminate explosives by any actor, state or non-state,

2. INVITES multilateral actions between nations to aid in the removal of land mines,

3. ENCOURAGES those who have deployed land mines to assist in the distribution of medical support for land mine victims,

4. CALLS UPON all people to immediately halt the production of land mines or similar devices,

5. URGES the use of diplomacy and international cooperation in these measures,

6. AFFIRMS that the World Assembly remain actively seized on the matter.
Considering that this really doesn't actually do anything, I'm going to say this is a little strong.

Plus there is ALREADY an Anti-landmine Reolution.
The Cake is a lie!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri May 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Drug Safety Initiative

Decision: Legalize

Proposed by: Insane Walrus

Description: Preamble:
• AWARE of the many problems that are caused by the trafficking of illegal drugs in places like Mexico, Columbia, and Afghanistan.
• CONCERNED over the devastation that fighting against drug trafficking does to countries and their economies.
• CONVINCED of intimate connection between illegal drug trafficking and illegal groups like the Mafia and Drug Cartels.
• SUPPORTING most measures to take away the underground economies control over the drug trade.
• REENFORCING the fact that several of the illegal drugs have highly beneficial medicinal purposes that could be used to treat and potentially cure several illnesses and conditions, such as Marijuana.
Operative:
• FULLY SUPORTS the decriminalization of soft drugs, such as Marijuana, LSD, and Psychedelic Mushroom.
• CALLS for Government regulation of all drugs to minimize their danger and take power away from the underground economy and the various Drug Cartels.
• AFFIRMS the creation of multiple, Government started safe houses for those who wish to do drugs safely.
• Supports the creation of government funded drug rehabilitation facilities to assist those who wish to overcome their addiction.
Illegal, RL reference.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Sat May 23, 2009 1:52 am

Genetic Economy Development

A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency
Proposed by: Sartorialand

Description: Noting the economic burden put upon nations by mentally and aesthetically inferior citizens,

Recognizing nation’s the right to pursue general mental and aesthetic improvement by whichever approach is most suitable for their situation,

Acknowledging the economic benefits of having a populace that is naturally acclimated to a nation’s core industries,

Aware that different mixtures of genes different types of people, who have natural talents and abilities.

Concludes that control over gene mixtures can help nations maximize their economic potential,

Proposes the formation of an international exploratory commission to research gene therapy and other methods of inducing specific mixtures of genes, and thus certain “types” of people,

Endorses international cooperation on this issue in order to create the best global mixture of economies, which leads to greater economic and social stability.

Could be concidered racist.

Advancement of Abortion

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Proposed by: Ambrogilia

Description: Acknowledging a longstanding trend of ignoring the basic tenets of the sanctity of human life by means of the mechanisms of war, capital punishment, etc.

Realizing the vast number of factors that may contribute to complications for mothers and/or their children during pregnancy.

Confirming the rights of a mother to decide upon what would yield the most favorable life for her or for her child.

Accepting that governments worldwide should, in all cases, be able to make all final decisions in regards to their legal and/or social hierarchy.

Realizing that in some cases death before life can be better than having to endure life.

Recommends that nations be more accepting of the concept of unrestricted abortion.

Encourage the legalization of abortion especially in cases of rape or economic hardship.

Encourage nations to aim toward the unrestricted usage of abortion as decided by the mother of the child in question.

Recommend that nations facilitate the development and application of more humane methods of abortion that currently exist.

Needs to have "Reduction of Abortion" repealed.

The Economic Success League

A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry
Area of Effect: Environmental Deregulation
Proposed by: The Consecrated Reich

Description: Recognizing the positive benefits of a good economy on all parts of society

Keeping in mind the sovereignty of nations and national borders

Realizing the need for international intervention in countries in countries at some times, even if the country is successful

1. Calls for the Creation of a league of countries, of which the members are required to have positive economic growth.

2. Mandates that the leagues membership will be refreshed every year, and be based on the previous years economic growth.

3. Encourages the intervention of countries into economically positive countries be very rare and used only under extreme circumstances, as successful countries should not be bothered.

4. Requires member countries to make good-faith attempts to improve economic conditions of non-member countries

How will it be enforced? And also tries to affect non-member nations.

<<deleted the last part as I misread it, but it was the "Immigration Rights" proposal.>>
Last edited by The Emmerian Unions on Sat May 23, 2009 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Cake is a lie!

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat May 23, 2009 2:25 am

Water Quality and Use

Industry Affected: All Businesses
Proposed by: Arbolita

Description: Recognizing the degradation of water quality worldwide.

Realizing that the introduction of polluntants into waterways and oceans is increasing.

Taking note of the number of people without access to safe drinking water.

Observing that Global Warming enhances the effects of harmful pollutants to water quality.

Considering the importance of sustaining water quality.

Further recognizing that there is a limited amount of accessible fresh water.

Believing that every individual has the right to access safe drinking water.

Concerned about the rise of diseases due to unsanitary water sources.

RESOLVES
1. Suggests that each nation construct at least one Water Sanitation Center.

2. Supports the idea of providing funds for nations that do not have the necessary materials to produce clean water for all of their citizens.

3. Commends educating the global population about the importance of improving water quality.

4. Encourages nations to practice water conservation methods.

5. Recommends that nations decrease their greenhouse gas emissions in order to lower the threat of pollutants on water quality.

6. Urges nations to recognize the importance of maintaining acceptable water quality in order to reduce health problems in the world.

Approvals: 10 (Rainbow Isles, Cena465, Ventei, Justorica, Foude, Selkaria, The Artic Republics, The Derrak Quadrant, The Jacksons of Mize, ObamaDeception9)
Voting Ends: Mon May 25 2009

Wrong strength: 'All Businesses' is effectively a 'Strong' level of effect, but this proposal only "Suggests", "Supports", "Commends", "Encourages", "Recommends" and "Urges" which seems -- at the most -- 'Mild'.

Immigration Rights

Proposed by: Flaynoria

Description: Strongly supporting each nation's right to sovereignty,

Recognizing each country's responsibility for it's citizens,

Deeply concerned about Illegal immigration and emigration,

The World Assembly:

Strongly recommends countries to issue passports or other identification documents to it's citizens;

Defines visitation as a stay of 30 days or fewer;

Grants the right of adult citizens of the world, "adult" being an age defined by their home country, to travel between countries for visitation periods if the destination country accepts them;

Resolves that citizens are able to change nationality only with the permission of the original home nation and the destination country;

Further resolves that if a person stays within a nation for a time exceeding 30 days they must follow that country's procedures for gaining appropriate visas and documents and if they don't they should be deported;

Grants the right of World Assembly Nations to humanly deport any illegal immigrants back to their country of origin;

and

Remains seized of the matter.

Approvals: 6 (Rainbow Isles, Cena465, Iglesian Archipelago, Foude, Greater Gravesend, ObamaDeception9)

Considering the balance of rights and rules involved, I'd say that this definitely should be 'Moral Decency' rather than 'Human Rights'.

[/b]International Anti-Terrorism[/b]

Proposed by: Pwn-n00bia

Description: Recognizing the definition of a terrorist organization as defined by the United Nations,

Recognizing the recent uprising of numerous terrorist organizations,

Condemning all terrorist acts,

Affirming the need for immediate action to prevent further international terrorist attacks,

--------------------------------------------------

Calling upon the international community to take action on this pressing issue;

Strongly advocating the eradication of terrorist groups in the international community;

Reaffirming that such terrorist groups, as well as any act of international terrorism, constitute a threat to international peace and security;

Calls upon all States to:
a.)take the necessary steps to prevent the commission of terrorist acts, including by provision of early warning to other States by exchange of information;
b.)refrain from providing any form of support to persons involved in terrorist acts, including by suppressing recruitment of members of terrorist groups and eliminating the supply of weapons to terrorists;

Approvals: 10 (Rainbow Isles, Cena465, Iglesian Archipelago, Justorica, Selkaria, Aus49lax, The Artic Republics, The Derrak Quadrant, The Jacksons of Mize, ObamaDeception9)

Illegal: RL reference ("the United Nations") and duplication of existing legislation (Resolution #25).

A Protectionst Economy
A resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce.

Category: Free Trade
Proposed by: Ishkab

Description: RECOGNIZING the need for countries to first and foremost portect their own economic interests in order to have a positive influence on the wider global economic community,

APPRECIATING the tenuous economic situation at present,

DESIROUS of improving the stability of the international market,

ACKNOWLEDGING the importance of a stable economy in improving social aspects of a country, such as crime and poverty,

1. Recognizes the legitimacy of protectionist tariffs as a means by which countries can ensure the stability of their own markets.

2. Condemns the use of tariffs and other protectionist measures as antagonistic means of sabotaging economies of its trading partners.

3. Calls for countries to consider policies aimed at stabilizing national economies as long term solutions for social issues.

4. Reccomends that nations focus on stabilizing their own economies in order to improve the stability of the international market.

Approvals: 2 (ObamaDeception9, Rainbow Isles)

Illegal, wrong category: obviously should be 'Advancement of Industry [Protective Tariffs]' rather than 'Free Trade'...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat May 23, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Justorica
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Sat May 23, 2009 6:58 am

Immigration Rights
[i]A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

The World Assembly:

Strongly recommends countries to issue passports or other identification documents to it's citizens;

Grants the right of adult citizens of the world, "adult" being an age defined by their home country, to travel between countries for visitation periods if the destination country accepts them;

Resolves that citizens are able to change nationality only with the permission of the original home nation and the destination country;

Further resolves that if a person stays within a nation for a time exceeding 30 days they must follow that country's procedures for gaining appropriate visas and documents and if they don't they should be deported;

Grants the right of World Assembly Nations to humanly deport any illegal immigrants back to their country of origin;

and

This is also a redundant proposal as the resolution Right to Emigration does the same thing.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat May 23, 2009 7:56 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Water Quality and Use

Industry Affected: All Businesses
Proposed by: Arbolita

Description: Recognizing the degradation of water quality worldwide.

Realizing that the introduction of polluntants into waterways and oceans is increasing.

Taking note of the number of people without access to safe drinking water.

Observing that Global Warming enhances the effects of harmful pollutants to water quality.

Considering the importance of sustaining water quality.

Further recognizing that there is a limited amount of accessible fresh water.

Believing that every individual has the right to access safe drinking water.

Concerned about the rise of diseases due to unsanitary water sources.

RESOLVES
1. Suggests that each nation construct at least one Water Sanitation Center.

2. Supports the idea of providing funds for nations that do not have the necessary materials to produce clean water for all of their citizens.

3. Commends educating the global population about the importance of improving water quality.

4. Encourages nations to practice water conservation methods.

5. Recommends that nations decrease their greenhouse gas emissions in order to lower the threat of pollutants on water quality.

6. Urges nations to recognize the importance of maintaining acceptable water quality in order to reduce health problems in the world.

Approvals: 10 (Rainbow Isles, Cena465, Ventei, Justorica, Foude, Selkaria, The Artic Republics, The Derrak Quadrant, The Jacksons of Mize, ObamaDeception9)

Wrong strength: 'All Businesses' is effectively a 'Strong' level of effect, but this proposal only "Suggests", "Supports", "Commends", "Encourages", "Recommends" and "Urges" which seems -- at the most -- 'Mild'.
Except All Businesses is the catch all for any environmental proposal that doesn't fit into the other categories and since this doesn't fit into any of the others it has to be filed under All Businesses.

Justorica wrote:
Immigration Rights
[i]A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

The World Assembly:

and

This is also a redundant proposal as the resolution Right to Emigration does the same thing.

No it doesn't, emigration is the right to leave a country, immigration is the right to enter a country.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat May 23, 2009 8:17 am

Flibbleites wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:
Water Quality and Use

*(snip)*

Except All Businesses is the catch all for any environmental proposal that doesn't fit into the other categories and since this doesn't fit into any of the others it has to be filed under All Businesses.

Oh, I do realise that for want of a "better" solution it has to be filed under that heading, but the fact remains that its text is a piss-poor fit to that heading's effective strength...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat May 23, 2009 12:34 pm

The Clean Car Act

Proposed by: Macoksla

Description: The emission rates for hydrocarbons (HC), carbon monoxide (CO), and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) shown in the following tables are from Macoksla Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) highway vehicle emission factor models. They assume an average, properly maintained vehicle on the road in May 2009, operating on typical gasoline on a warm summer day (72-96 degrees F). Emissions may be higher in very hot (especially HC) or very cold (especially CO) weather.

The calculations for Total Annual Pollution Emitted and Fuel Consumed are based on an average annual passenger car mileage of 12,500 miles and an average annual light truck mileage of 14,000 miles. Fuel consumption is based on fleetwide average in-use fuel economy of 21.5 miles per gallon (mpg) for passenger cars and 17.2 mpg for light trucks.

Interesting Facts about Green Cars

•25 percent: The percentage increase in MPG you can create by keeping up on your cars’ maintenance by doing things like: regular oil changes, air-filter changes, and spark plug replacements.

•4 tons: The amount of carbon released into the atmosphere when producing a single car, in addition to 700 pounds of other pollutants.

•2 million gallons: The amount of biodiesel produced in the Macoksla in the year 2000; in 2005 it produced around 75 million gallons. In September of 2006, sixty-five companies reported having plants currently under construction and thirteen more are planning expansions.

•22.1 MPG: The peak fuel economy of the average passenger car, which was reached in 1987. The EPA estimates that 2006 average fuel economy, despite two decades of improvements in automobile technology, is 21 mpg.

•13 MPG: The peak fuel economy of the average passenger car, which was reached in 1987. The EPA estimates that 2006 average fuel economy, despite two decades of improvements in automobile technology, is 21 mpg.

•159,000: The number of trips to the emergency room attributed to high smog pollution, in addition to 53,000 hospital admissions and 6 million asthma attacks.

•$4,826 to $9,685: The estimated average yearly cost of driving a single-occupant car. In comparison, the average cost of a year’s worth of public transportation is between $200 and $2000.

So we propose that all cars with a MTG(Miles to the Gallon)rating of less than 80 miles be banned from the road.

Houston, we report a pandemic of RL references here...

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Sat May 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
The Clean Car Act

Proposed by: Macoksla

Description: The emission rates for hydrocarbons (HC), carbon monoxide (CO), and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) shown in the following tables are from Macoksla Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) highway vehicle emission factor models. They assume an average, properly maintained vehicle on the road in May 2009, operating on typical gasoline on a warm summer day (72-96 degrees F). Emissions may be higher in very hot (especially HC) or very cold (especially CO) weather.

The calculations for Total Annual Pollution Emitted and Fuel Consumed are based on an average annual passenger car mileage of 12,500 miles and an average annual light truck mileage of 14,000 miles. Fuel consumption is based on fleetwide average in-use fuel economy of 21.5 miles per gallon (mpg) for passenger cars and 17.2 mpg for light trucks.

Interesting Facts about Green Cars

•25 percent: The percentage increase in MPG you can create by keeping up on your cars’ maintenance by doing things like: regular oil changes, air-filter changes, and spark plug replacements.

•4 tons: The amount of carbon released into the atmosphere when producing a single car, in addition to 700 pounds of other pollutants.

•2 million gallons: The amount of biodiesel produced in the Macoksla in the year 2000; in 2005 it produced around 75 million gallons. In September of 2006, sixty-five companies reported having plants currently under construction and thirteen more are planning expansions.

•22.1 MPG: The peak fuel economy of the average passenger car, which was reached in 1987. The EPA estimates that 2006 average fuel economy, despite two decades of improvements in automobile technology, is 21 mpg.

•13 MPG: The peak fuel economy of the average passenger car, which was reached in 1987. The EPA estimates that 2006 average fuel economy, despite two decades of improvements in automobile technology, is 21 mpg.

•159,000: The number of trips to the emergency room attributed to high smog pollution, in addition to 53,000 hospital admissions and 6 million asthma attacks.

•$4,826 to $9,685: The estimated average yearly cost of driving a single-occupant car. In comparison, the average cost of a year’s worth of public transportation is between $200 and $2000.

So we propose that all cars with a MTG(Miles to the Gallon)rating of less than 80 miles be banned from the road.

Houston, we report a pandemic of RL references here...

Not to mention branding!! All branding is bolded, italized, and underlined.
The Cake is a lie!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives