NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Liberation of Ixnay

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Dorhaven
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] Liberation of Ixnay

Postby Dorhaven » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:29 am

This proposal is based on a draft made by Ramaeus which can be found here. Unfortunately Ramaeus did not have the time to continue working on it and has this turned it over to me. I would like to continue working on what was begun so that Ixnay may be liberated. The first step of coarse is to pass this resolution. Any input given is greatly appreciated.

The Security Council,

Notes the stated intent of a Liberation, namely: “a resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region”.

Recognizing that Ixnay has been a region for about 11 years. In this time it has developed its own culture and several of its members are active contributors to NationStates.

Observing that Ixnay was attacked by a sleeper agent of The Black Riders, who had assistance from a combined force of The United Imperial Armed Forces, Lone Wolves United, and Sicarius.

Further Observing that Ixnay was in the process of refounding the region in order to better secure itself from attack and that this action had given the Black Riders an opportunity to attack Ixnay before the region could be secured and the password changed.

Reminding the Council that the Black Riders have been condemned by the Security Council Before under the Security Council Resolution #127 and that the Lone Wolves United have also been condemned by Security Council Resolution #74.

Further Noting that the occupiers have banned and ejected all of the natives, dismantled all embassies, and have ended all communications, thereby taking all forms of identity and spirit from Ixnay.

Further Observing that the occupiers have stated that they will attempt to refound Ixnay, making the region into a perverse “trophy” for the glorification of their “conquest”.

Disturbed by the publicly stated motivations for the acceleration of this attack: that the natives of Ixnay had been in the process of refounding their region in order to better secure themselves from attack.

Acknowledging that natives of Ixnay have publicly stated their desire for a Liberation from the Security Council, these natives include, but are not limited to: Urcea, Kistan, and Constantinalia.

Encouraging defenders to come to the aid of Ixnay to help in its liberation and restore the region to the control of the natives.

Believing that swift action is needed on the part of the Security Council in order to prevent Ixnay from turning into a perverse “trophy”.

Further Believing that action by the Security Council will make it difficult if not impossible for the raiders of Ixnay to hold on to or refound Ixnay as a "trophy" and continue to repress the natives.

Hereby Liberates Ixnay.

Co-authorized by Ramaeus and The Fourth Imperium

The Security Council,

Noting the stated intent of a Liberation, namely: “a resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region”.

Recognizing that Ixnay was a region dedicated to nation-building and role playing, one that has been in existence since 2003, and who, at its height, had a population of over 40 nations.

Observing that Ixnay was attacked by a sleeper agent of The Black Riders, who had assistance from a combined force of The United Imperial Armed Forces, Lone Wolves United, and Sicarius.

Further Observing that Ixnay was in the process of refounding the region in order to better secure itself from attack and that this action had given the Black Riders an opertunity to attack Ixnay before the region could be secured and the password changed.

Reminding the Council that the Black Riders have been condemned by the Security Council Before under the Security Council Resolution #127.

Further Noting that the occupiers have banned and ejecting nations most of the natives, dismantled all embassies, and actively disrupt communications, thereby taking all forms of identity and spirit from Ixnay.

Further Observing that the occupiers have stated that they will attempt to refound Ixnay, making the region into a perverse “trophy” for the glorification of their “conquest”.

Disturbed by the publicly stated motivations for the acceleration of this attack: that the natives of Ixnay had been in the process of refounding their region in order to better secure themselves from attack.

Acknowledging that natives of Ixnay have publicly stated their desire for a Liberation from the Security Council, these natives include, but are not limited to: Urcea, Kistan, and Constantinalia.

Encouraging defenders to come to the aid of Ixnay to help in its liberation and restore the region to the control of the natives.

Believing that swift action is needed on the part of the Security Council in order to prevent Ixnay from turning into a perverse “trophy”.

Further Believing that action by the Security Council will make it difficult if not impossible for the raiders of Ixnay to hold on to or refound Ixnay as a "trophy" and continue to repress the natives.

Hereby Liberates Ixnay.

The Security Council,

Noting the stated intent of a Liberation, namely: “a resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region”.

Recognizing that Ixnay was a region dedicated to nation-building and role playing, one that has been in existence since 2003, and who, at its height, had a population of over 40 nations.

Further Observing that Ixnay was in the process of refounding the region in order to better secure itself from attack and that this action had given the Black Riders an opertunity to attack Ixnay before the region could be secured and the password changed.

Reminding the Council that the Black Riders have been condemned by the Security Council Before under the Security Council Resolution #91.

Further Noting that the occupiers have banned and ejecting nations most of the natives, dismantled all embassies, and actively disrupt communications, thereby taking all forms of identity and spirit from Ixnay.

Hereby Liberates Ixnay.

Last edited by Dorhaven on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:39 pm

For crying out loud SC #91 doesn't exist anymore,if you're going to hammer on some condemnation at least refer to #127 before i go on a rampage murdering people for still referring to that piece of sewage
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Reformed Confederate States
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Reformed Confederate States » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:59 pm

As Blood Wine states, SC#91 no longer exists. Start by switching out the condemnation you refer to.
Property of Star IV from Aura Hyperia.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:19 pm

SC#127 is what you're looking for.
Just some weeb.

Dorhaven
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorhaven » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:24 pm

Blood Wine wrote:For crying out loud SC #91 doesn't exist anymore,if you're going to hammer on some condemnation at least refer to #127 before i go on a rampage murdering people for still referring to that piece of sewage

Thank you for your input. I have indeed used the wrong proposal. Thank you for pointing that out. However I would like to remind you that while constructive critisim is encouraged I would like to kindly remind everyone here to keep this as civilian as possible. No rampages needed.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:20 am

Dorhaven wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:For crying out loud SC #91 doesn't exist anymore,if you're going to hammer on some condemnation at least refer to #127 before i go on a rampage murdering people for still referring to that piece of sewage

Thank you for your input. I have indeed used the wrong proposal. Thank you for pointing that out. However I would like to remind you that while constructive critisim is encouraged I would like to kindly remind everyone here to keep this as civilian as possible. No rampages needed.

I have a serious hatred for SC #91 - and the latest liberation proposal used it as well so i was pissed,you should have seen my original post i wanted to make,i backspaced it and made a new one

red ink:
The Security Council,
I'm not big on precision grammar,but I think this doesn't belong with the terms used below ("notes" vs "noting")
useless filler material
this should be expended on to tell the council the importance of the region
I read this as "Ixnay had an entire army of sleepers from TBR,UIAF,LWU and Sicarius" though I'm not sure how to improve on this
Further Observing that Ixnay was in the process of refounding the region in order to better secure itself from attack and that this action had given the Black Riders an opertunity opportunity] to attack Ixnay before the region could be secured and the password changed.
not sure how this gave the raiders a opportunity to invade,refounding should be done with an invisible password
Reminding the Council that the Black Riders have been condemned by the Security Council Before under the Security Council Resolution #127.
why only mention TBR? LWU has been condemned by SC #74

perverse? they aren't registered sex offenders,and air quotes is just being a sarcastic jerk
useless filler by duplicating previous statements and changing them slightly

Again useless filler and being a sarcastic jerk for the last 3 lines
Hereby Liberates Ixnay.

Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:07 am

Because TBR are sarcastic jerks that occupy regions!

You fight fire with fire! :p
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am

Yeaaaaaaah.....

Let's not go down that road

Eorlingan Empire
Attaché

Founded: Dec 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Eorlingan Empire » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:20 pm

We're doing this now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:10 pm

I have approved, but you do realize Kik can just leave the region and force it to CTE, and refound it right? This liberation will accomplish absolutely nothing....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Nucoclan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nucoclan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:I have approved, but you do realize Kik can just leave the region and force it to CTE, and refound it right? This liberation will accomplish absolutely nothing....

Thank you for your remarks. That was sarcasm.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:22 pm

Nucoclan wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:I have approved, but you do realize Kik can just leave the region and force it to CTE, and refound it right? This liberation will accomplish absolutely nothing....

Thank you for your remarks. That was sarcasm.

I don't believe I was directing my comment at you....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:57 am

This resolution won't do anything now except put a shiny liberation badge on the region after it's been refounded as a trophy.

Regardless, allies of Osiris were involved in the invasion and occupation of Ixnay supporting The Black Riders, so I'll be voting against this resolution if it goes to vote.

Goddess Relief Office
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goddess Relief Office » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:34 am

This is the latest draft submitted by the author, unfortunately it is still illegal and contains some errors.

Description: The Security Council,

Notes the stated intent of a Liberation, namely: “a resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region”.

Recognizing that Ixnay has been a region for about 11 years. In this time it has developed its own culture and several of its members are active contributors to NationStates.

Observing that Ixnay was attacked by a sleeper agent of The Black Riders, who (illegal to say 'who') that had assistance from a combined force of The United Imperial Armed Forces, Lone Wolves United, and Sicarius.

Further Observing that Ixnay was in the process of refounding the region in order to better secure itself from attack and that this action had given the Black Riders an opportunity to attack Ixnay before the region could be secured and the password changed.

Reminding the Council that the Black Riders (the wrong region code was used in the proposal. Instead of pointing the link to The Black Riders, it points to "Black Riders") have been condemned by the Security Council Beforebefore under the Security Council Resolution #127 and that the Lone Wolves United have also been condemned by Security Council Resolution #74.

Further Noting that the occupiers have banned and ejected all of the natives, dismantled all embassies, and have ended all communications, thereby taking all forms of identity and spirit from Ixnay.

Acknowledging that natives of Ixnay have publicly stated their desire for a Liberation from the Security Council, these natives include, but are not limited to: The Federal Republic of Urcea, The Republic-Run Imperial States of Kistan, and The Imperial Union of of Constantinalia.

Hereby Liberates Ixnay.

Co-authorized by The Morrígan of Ramaeus and The Fiefdom of The Fourth Imperium
Keeper of The World Tree - Yggdrasil
General Assembly:
GA#053 - Epidemic Response Act
GA#163 - Repeal LOTS
GA#223 - Transboundary Water Use Act

Security Council:
SC#030 - Commend 10000 Islands (co-author)
SC#044 - Commend Texas (co-author)
SC#066 - Repeal "Liberate Wonderful Paradise"
SC#108 - Liberate South Pacific
SC#135 - Liberate Anarchy (co-author)
SC#139 - Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"

Former delegate and retired defender
Nice links for easy reference:
Passed WA Resolutions | GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | GA Rules

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:34 am

Goddess Relief Office wrote:Observing that Ixnay was attacked by a sleeper agent of The Black Riders, who (illegal to say 'who') that

It might've been in the past, but it's not any more. People should avoid using "who" when referring to nations, but it's a grammatical error, not a legality issue.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:50 am

Another rules-related matter, since this proposal conveniently brings it to the fore, regarding this clause:
Dorhaven wrote:Encouraging defenders to come to the aid of Ixnay to help in its liberation and restore the region to the control of the natives.

The old WA-army ruling in the SC should not be considered to apply any more. Proposals can encourage nations to participate in military action, as the above clause does. However, the limits of Rule 3 still apply - i.e. a Liberation cannot do more than just Liberate, so any clause related to military action can't be a strong, binding one - only an encouragement.

Dorhaven
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorhaven » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Another rules-related matter, since this proposal conveniently brings it to the fore, regarding this clause:
Dorhaven wrote:Encouraging defenders to come to the aid of Ixnay to help in its liberation and restore the region to the control of the natives.

The old WA-army ruling in the SC should not be considered to apply any more. Proposals can encourage nations to participate in military action, as the above clause does. However, the limits of Rule 3 still apply - i.e. a Liberation cannot do more than just Liberate, so any clause related to military action can't be a strong, binding one - only an encouragement.

Of coarse. I completely understand. I cannot make peoe take action. Although I would encourage it through this proposal.

On another note I will be updating this with the latest draft which is now be considered by delegates in the WA Security Council.

Severania
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Severania » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:28 pm

Too bad TBR just refounded Ixnay.

8) 8) 8)

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Severania wrote:Too bad TBR just refounded Ixnay.

8) 8) 8)

Saw that coming from a mile away....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Dorhaven
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorhaven » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:19 am

Well that is too bad. I'll check with a mod about removing it from the floor then. It is a putty we could not save Ixnay.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council