NATION

PASSWORD

Is genocide ever justified?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is genocide ever justified?

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes : 47

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Viritica wrote:Israel isn't their territory. The State of Palestine is.

True enough but when the state of Palestine is centered around the exact same land, who has a greater claim to it?

Clearly Britain and the Ottoman Empire...
(Sarcasm)
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Great Zionist Israel
Attaché

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Zionist Israel » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Great Zionist Israel wrote:No, the wiping out of Hamas is commendable.

Are you talking about Hamas militants, Gazans, or all Palestinians?

Hamas, Hamas supporters, Hamas terrorists and all who support or enable them.
The Philistines should be removed from Israel and placed in Jordan.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Viritica wrote:Israel isn't their territory. The State of Palestine is.

True enough but when the state of Palestine is centered around the exact same land, who has a greater claim to it?

I don't understand what you mean.

The Jews have claim to Israel and the Palestinians have claim to the State of Palestine.

It's that simple.
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Parhe wrote:
Great Zionist Israel wrote:No, the wiping out of Hamas is commendable.

Perhaps but Hamas is not identical to Palestinian.

Great Zionist Israel wrote:No, it's not, as demonstrated by the existence of Israel.

Being illegal doesn't make it "wrong" and being legal doesn't make it "right."

It's sort of scary that a group of people who were put through a genocide and know what it feels like now seems to be advocating the genocide of another group on account of what only a few do.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Viritica wrote:
Rio de Fuego wrote:If it's in Israel than yes it is, regardless of any biblical claim to the land the Arabs have lived their for years now and it is their territory

Israel isn't their territory. The State of Palestine is.

Israel only came into existence after a unilateral declaration of independence by a organization of several terrorist groups, which then proceeded to forcibly expel most of the residents of the area in favour of settlers from Europe. If anyone doesn't belong in that region, it's the Ashkenazis who have moved in recently
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Great Zionist Israel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Zionist Israel » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Kumuri wrote:
Upper America wrote:that land should really belong to everyone

All land should belong to everyone.

But no, genocide is never justified.

Why not?

Albul
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Albul » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Genocide is only justified if both parties consent to it via a rigid, bureaucratic, and democratic process. Afterwards, it must be done in the most humane way possible. Anything else is a pure atrocity.
Impeach Pompey. Legalize Monarchy. Assassination is Theft. Julius Caesar 44 B.C.E.
Straight 17 year old male
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54
Welcome to the Internet
A specter is haunting 'Merika. It is the specter of communism.
NSG Summertime
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire
Mall should redesign

Filthy Ginger Bastards
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Filthy Ginger Bastards » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

United States of The One Percent
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of The One Percent » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Either:

1. You're fucking kidding, or

2. You're the author of the post that was deleted and are trying to replay it here. In which case, and at considerable risk of invoking Godwin's Law, read the following, then take a damn close look at yourself.

The sad reality is that Gernay gets it, but its hands are being tied by world leaders who over the past six years have insisted they are such good friends with the German state, that they know more regarding its interests than even they do. But there's going to have to come a time where Germany feels threatened enough where it has no other choice but to defy international warnings - because this is life or death.

Most of the reports coming from Jewish officials and leaders since the start of this operation have been either largely exaggerated or patently false. The truth is, it's not their fault, falsehood and deceit is part of the very fabric of who they are and that will never change. Still however, despite their propensity to lie, when your enemy tells you that they are bent on your destruction you believe them...They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over. History is there to teach us lessons and the lesson here is that when your enemy swears to destroy you - you take him seriously.

The Jews have stated forthrightly that they idealize death as much as Germany celebrates life. What other way then is there to deal with an enemy of this nature other than obliterate them completely?

...If you'll counter, that Jews have been seen abusing civilians who have attempted to leave their homes in response to German warnings to leave - well then, your beginning to come to terms with the nature of this enemy which should automatically cause the rules of standard warfare to be suspended.

Everyone agrees that Germany has the right to defend itself as well as the right to exercise that right...It seems then that the only point of contention is regarding the measure of punishment meted out in this situation.
''There is one intelligence community and one only. And we are all its victims, wherever we live."

"...taking but not giving, ruling but not obeying, telling but not listening, taking life and not giving it. The slayers govern now, without interference; the dreams of mankind have become empty." -- Philip K. Dick

Great Argonia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Argonia » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

No genocide is not ok, but I support Israels right to self defense. I mean for gods sake, HAMAS excuse for killing Israelismis "Their just jews" like damn, they are modern day nazis. Not all Palistinians are bad, just like not all Germans are nazis, but HAMAS is evil, and people that say ISRAEL has no right to fight them are either misinformed, or just bad people in general. Now I get there are 2 sides to a story, but Israel isnt calling for the destruction of an entire race.

Planita
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

To all people who voted yes on the poll: You are an damn idiot

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Great Zionist Israel wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Are you talking about Hamas militants, Gazans, or all Palestinians?

Who counts as a supporter or enabler?
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Kumuri wrote:All land should belong to everyone.

But no, genocide is never justified.

Why not?

Because it's mass murder.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Great Zionist Israel
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Zionist Israel » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

District XIV wrote:
Great Zionist Israel wrote:the Palestinians are illegally occupying land which actually belongs to Israel

Prove it.

Without the Bible, please.

Becuase the Jews are the Chosen People of God. And of course the Holy Bible is a valid source.

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Viritica wrote:
Rio de Fuego wrote:True enough but when the state of Palestine is centered around the exact same land, who has a greater claim to it?

I don't understand what you mean.

The Jews have claim to Israel and the Palestinians have claim to the State of Palestine.

It's that simple.

I get that, but when those to claims are the exact same tract of land who's claim is greater. Those who lived there for centuries or those who lived there a millennium ago
Get out Nazi punks

Margno
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

The Republic of Merrimont wrote:I think the OP just ran after we showed how wrong he was

There was consensus. On nationstates. Guys, that just happened.
Last edited by Margno on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
We have nothing to lose but the world. We have our souls to gain.
You!
Me.
Nothing you can possibly do can make God love you any more or any less.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Geilinor wrote:Are you talking about Hamas militants, Gazans, or all Palestinians?

There are plenty of Palestinians who support Hamas but haven't committed any violent acts.

Should they be wiped out? Sure, they support assholes. But that doesn't justify killing them.

Planita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Planita wrote:Jesus, you Jews want a "pure" homeland so bad, you are willing to KILL people to achieve that? No offense bu that reminds me of the Nazis.

Ahem

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Genocide is never justified unless, as stated on the first page the last person from a race tried to kill you and you killed him/her in self defence. However switching over to the topic of Palestine, I would just like to point out the fact that name comes from a Hebrew word that actually means invader. Just saying.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Planita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm

District XIV wrote:Prove it.

Becuase the Jews are the Chosen People of God. And of course the Holy Bible is a valid source.

bullshit

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Planita wrote:Jesus, you Jews want a "pure" homeland so bad, you are willing to KILL people to achieve that? No offense bu that reminds me of the Nazis.

It's worse than the Nazis. The average civilian member of the Nazi Party knew the Jews were suffering horrible persecution and being detained, but they didn't know they were being systematically murdered. This person does know what is happening and is advocating it. This is what is preventing any lasting peace in Israel. People like this don't even see the Palestinians as human beings any more, just the enemy. This happens on both sides, but the clearly more powerful side has an even greater obligation to try to put an end to the violence than the weaker side does. As long as these attitudes remain prevalent Hamas will exist. This advocacy of state terrorism by Israel can only result in terrorism by Hamas.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Viritica wrote:I don't understand what you mean.

It's that simple.

I get that, but when those to claims are the exact same tract of land who's claim is greater. Those who lived there for centuries or those who lived there a millennium ago

I believe they both have claim to the land, which is why I'm a supporter of the two-state solution.

I don't consider either claim to be greater than the other at this point.
Last edited by Viritica on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm

The derp is strong in this post.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

United States of The One Percent
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of The One Percent » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm

And anyone who knows someone who knows someone who belongs to one of the above categories, and all those who could have done something to kill any of the foregoing but didn't, and anyone who says genocide isn't ever justified, and...and...and...
''There is one intelligence community and one only. And we are all its victims, wherever we live."

"...taking but not giving, ruling but not obeying, telling but not listening, taking life and not giving it. The slayers govern now, without interference; the dreams of mankind have become empty." -- Philip K. Dick

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm

:roll:
No it's not.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General